(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

Claire,
haha, i bought a scrapbook too
happy.gif
don't know if i'll ever complete before i get back to work though....

4ever,
don't blame yourself... Cheylessa will be alright. u need to be strong for all your 3 girls...

pita,
it's quite normal for bbs on BM to poo a lot, since BM is a natural laxative. according to what i read, we need to check the consistency/colour of the poo to determine quality of the milk the bb is taking in. if it's creamy and mustard coloured, it should be ok. my bb now poos ard 1-3 times a day (on latching)

how heavy is Gayle now?

pita,mamijoan,
yup, agree that expressing is really tiring... now i only manage to express once a day coz i'm alone with bb. latching is so much easier and convenient! but no choice as i'll be going to work next week, have to get bb used to the bottle. now the most impt thing is to keep my ss up, or have to resort to FM

vivien,
ur bb is sooo cute!

livvie,
hmm, celeste hasn't grabbed her toy yet... hmmm... how old is ur dd now?

Hi mummies!
Gayle did her first flip this morning! She has wanted to try flipping a week ago but in vain. She did it successfully and i'm surprised she din cry. She din manage after to flip back, after a while, my hubby turned her back. Ha! And her voice projection became louder 2 days back (after her 4am feed she doesn't want to fall asleep, she was cooing and talking,& we witnessed the change), now she can coo in loud voice, not in her soft gentle coo mode already! Really its the 3 month change! More and more surprises coming, i'm anticipating
happy.gif
So fun!!!

YolkSac,
Ok will try to see if that method of reducing the milk intake at 3am works for us. Thanks!

thanks for the suggestions on caterers! ill be spending the day looking through menus
happy.gif
mmm theyre making me hungry!

bcube,
Woah! so cool! youve got an iphone!!!

yolksac, you and bcube are so cute- you guys are like twins- if you get the bag, plus with the same sling, and the same phone...
by the way, if youre still in search for the papasan, i saw several mums selling in the marketplace!

4ever,
oh dear. hope Chelyssa's much better now.

zyp,
thanks for the montage idea. did one using smilebox too. quite fun. have posted on Ash's blog.

Nor / Amber,
wow! love the papasan. so comfy. how much did you paid for it? if its reasonable, will get 1 for Ash. 1 silly question. how long can stay sit on it till? ie.till how old. she's sitting on her fisherprice 3-1 swing. but hor i think its too big for her.

ice.
wow ur girl has gone swimming! how old is she now am a little down. Ash is growing very differently from the rest of the babies. her development growth is much slower.she's still unable to hold her head up right by herself for very long. but...
she's teething! got a shock of my life.

Bcube
envy envy envy. hehe ur hubby so sweet!

Bernice,
Dont worry too much. They will need time to adjust to new sleep pattern. my girl's night sleep can go crazy sometimes. her record was a 9hrs stretch on Sat after last feed at 9.30pm and 10hrs stretch on Sun after last feed at 8.30pm. RECORD BREAKING! She sure can sleep. but she has reverted to her normal routine last night. last feed at 11pm and woke up for 1st morning feed at 5.30am

Mamijoan / Pita
had the intention of giving up as well. but hor managed to convince myself to express for just 2 X a day now.

Vivien,
Matthew has a charming smile! ho Ash loves the Wheels on the Bus. she'll go enh enh enh

<font color="ff0000">iphones</font>
I LOVE it!!! The display is superb and its really user friendly! Using as my phone as well. Yes mine is rigged in order to be usable here. Hubby bought 3!!!

angel, huh?? which person looks like me? went to the asiaone website but didnt see anybody vaguely resembling me leh!

lilac, good to hear that!! so happy that zach is slowly overcoming his nipple confusion.. it will definitely get better from now on!

4ever, hope chelyssa gets better soon.. and yolksac is absolutely right. its got NOTHING to do with ur drinking cold drinks when preg.. if i'm not wrong, many of us here did that too! its just a silly old wives tale la..

ice, wa ur girl looks so steady in her float! her back is very strong already? my girl's neck is quite strong, but i'm kinda worried that if we put her in the float, she'll sort of flop forward! where did u get the swimming costume from?

pita, ur girl can flip already!! so impressed! xy is already 3.5 mths.. and cant even lie on her side on her own! she'll keep bouncing back to her back! think her butt too heavy liao..

<font color="ff0000">settling baby to sleep</font>
Do your babies just flop off to bed after you lay them in their cot/bed? We're still having problems with this in the daytime. Ems wants to be carried or slung, and this is going to be a problem as she gets heavier! Any advice? We've tried lots of different things. She doesn't sleep for long periods in the sarong and whenever I put her down, she'll start to cry.

jules: Ems can flip over too, but I'm more impressed with XY's excellent grasping skills (saw the pic on your blog - with the link from Jovan's blog). Ems can't really grasp anything.

parsniketty: ho ho ho! yes, bcube and I seem to like the same things. I wish she was my twin tho - would love to be slim like her!!
happy.gif

ashlyn: saw the Fisher Price Papasan at Toys R Us (UE Sq) for $79 yesterday. am going to buy eileen's off her. meeting up with her later today

yolksac, xy cld flip previously! that was when she was smaller and lighter at abt 8 wks.. now she has some sort of developmental regression haha
happy.gif
ya.. she can grasp quite well now.. yesterday she held her rattle and shook it at me for like 30 sec.. and looked so amused by the sound the rattle was emitting! so cute
happy.gif
give ems some time. maybe can stop wearing mittens?

settling to bed.. must dep on xy's mood. last night she was wide awake at 3plus after her feed.. (cos she ko at abt 7pm) left her to play and talk to herself in her cot and she dropped off to sleep on her own after 15min. but in the day esp if she's been overstimulated, have to carry and sing her to sleep. we tried to play soft music and leave her in her cot. worked once in helping her to settle to sleep.

jules: developmental regression?!?! don't let XY hear you say that! haha
happy.gif
Hmmm...I think my rattle might be too big and heavy - it was a gift from a friend. May try waving other things at her.

Yolk Sac: Do you mean tt Ems can't take her naps in the cots and needs to be carried throughout or she can't settle to sleep on her own?

Well, Matt still needs us to carry and pat him to sleep for his daytime nap. We will put him in his cot when he is deep sleeping. As he is a light sleeper, he can't sleep for long, sleeping on his back so we let him sleep on his tummy. This works for him and he can sleep for 2-3 hrs in this position. My PD recommended this but cautioned that we have to watch him as his neck is still weak and may not be able to hold up for long when he is awake from his sleep. But, don't do this position for her night sleeping until she is 6mths old.

Like Ems, we bought the sarong for him, hoping that he will sleep well in it. Unfortunately, he takes it as a "play toy" for his rocking comfort.

yolksac,
thanks. must go check it out.
ash has that problem with her cot as well. wonder why. she's ok if i rest her on bed. i was thinking whether is it the way i put her down. but luckily she love to slp in her sarong. her head is very round now. hehe.

yolksac, haha my hb also said the same thing abt our poor girl hehehe
happy.gif
also, i had to sort of place the rattle near her hand b4 she grasped it! she hasnt reached out to grab things properly yet. oh pls buy a soft and light rattle.. xy hit her head with the rattle while waving it excitedly! luckily didnt cry!

littletots,

hey, tell me about the class after you've attended. I know I'm kiasu to start baby so young but he seems so attentive and eager to learn, I thought I should maximise his potential.

claire: hmm, thanks for the idea re sleeping on the back; let me try this with Ems and see if this helps. She doesn't like to sleep in her cot in the daytime. Today, I patted her to sleep and placed her in her cot. She slept for 30 mins and then cried. After this, she only wanted to be carried. The moment I put her down, she'd fuss. Maybe I didn't wait until she was in deep sleep each time. But ideally, I'd like her to learn to just go to her cot semi-awake and self-settle. Am worried that because I'm giving in to all this patting, carrying etc, she'll never learn to do this. Or am I worrying too much?

hey everyone!!!

i havent read up yet.. been so busy all day.. Ash drinking much morre and then spitting up.. its been a little crazy.. sweaty arghhh

littletot.. qoorie got back tome short and sweet said all OOS!!!

so i went looksy loosy and found another BP and am midst of ordering!!!!!
weeehah!

i bought the most cutest cheapo clothes fro carrefour!! wahaha
and i saw sooo many little booth thingies tht had cute clips and things also at suntec.. and theres this quaint little shop tht sells braded clothes.. GAP and guess and POLO and things next to the kiddie palace at Marina sq!!

wht a nice day.. crazy but nice..
i think im gonna get my babylegs... heeeee
err how long can bblegs be used till? a year?

irene.. im so excited abt my green ice cream bikini...
i bought this really gawwwwwwdy float from kiddie palace for bb.. its got a big red mushroom on it tht works as a sun shade! LOL

i love Ash's earrings.. im so glad i did it.. no regrets..
Nor, thnx babe!!
ok i go read up now..

yolksac
R cant sleep in cot inday. Can only sleep in sarong. When i first put her down, she will fuss but b persistent in swinging and eventually they will settle. But max she can sleep is an hour but usually just half hour. BUT after 6pm, she cannot sleep in sarong. Must b in dark room w aircon!

Today first time out w baby and HB!! Was ok and lucky she didnt fuss too much! HB said need to do another 'testrun' before deciding if we should go tokyo next week w baby!

Amber,
i want the babylegs too!! Sigh but no time to go surf for it lah....

Thanks for all the concern. I am looking at the bright side too. Feel a bit helpless when all the girls are looking for me for attention.

But actually most of the times is my dad who is looking after Cheylssa for me so i am actually handles two of them and felt very stress esp that my 2nd one is super active.

I am going back to work next mon too but is actually as sun we need to unpack at the new office. Will be super busy once i go back to work..

The thread is getting slow also, guess most mummies have gone back to work.

Cheylssa need to sleep in sarong too. The other way is to carry her and rock her to sleep and i the only one in the house who can rock her to sleep
happy.gif

hey Bcube... you want baby legs? cos ive already orderedmine..
and i got another 3 reserved... how?

err i think i buy first then i show you.. if youre interested i sell it off to you.. if not i'll find another buyer..

i'll email the lady now..

amber , shymz , peck : i think only 4 of us are ordering the swim wears... u want me to proceed wth the order but there will be ground shipping ....

i saw at isetan sale iplay swim bikini going for less than 20 dollars.. but all sizes are XXL or XL.... u gals want to continue with the oversea purchase??? or get it locally??? til date is about 65USD... the total cart...

let me know...

Cheers
irene Choi

(so sorry just went back to work... didnt have time to update on the swimwear status... )

tks for all the compliments. havent been able to post as i have been super busy..

angeline, at first she was abit scared n let out a little whim when my hubby tok to her. So i took her out of the float, sat at the side of the pool for a while with her legs in the water. i cuddle and talked to her n den placed her back on the float. Did it twice n after the second time, she seemed to relax/ enjoy n could even smile..
happy.gif

kth, we stay in the pool for abt 30mins and she wore huggies little swimmers which can be bought from toy r us or forum.. :phowever, getting swim diaper now as it seems more economical. Bought the float from toy r us at paragon for 11.95.

Mamijoan, our PD told us we could bring her to the pool. anyway, only her bottom half was in the pool since she was either sitting on my lap or the float as all times. :p

parsniketty/ 4ever, yup, sun was the first time we brought her to the pool. Though we have dipped her legs in the pool a couple of time before. However, she din seems to like it as tink water might be too cold. however, last sun weather was good n water not cold, so we brought her to the pool.

pita, she was 12 weeks 1 day as at last sun. bought the float from toy r us n there's alot of diff types of float but only this one has cover.

ashlyn, her head not very strong but there's cushion behind, so she ok. diff babies grow at diff speed. dun worry..
happy.gif

jules, i bought at taka, there's a swimming fair at B . it's cheap only 9.90 ..
happy.gif

Yeap, so many mums going back to work. I have taken no pay leave till end of year, only need to go back to work a few days in Nov and Dec thats all.Then again,I dont think I can be a SAHM for long. Admire those SAHM cos sometimes I think its really quite mundane doing the same thing everyday although it can be rewarding.

Amber: talk about cheapo baby clothes! I also bought plenty of 3 for 10 bucks plain coloured rompers for my gal from Giant!They have the pretty striped ones going for 3.90 each. Also found some long sleeved ones. I stocked up sizes till 18mths hee I use them for daily wear since she has like tonnes of pretty clothes for going out. Thats why I didnt want a gal in the 1st place..sure to blow money buying clothes for her and thats what I have done and been doing now!

Yolk sac: I so wish that my daughter can fall asleep after sucking on her pacifier but she still cant!!! Sometimes she wants us to hold her hands then she can fall asleep. She sleeps most when pple are carrying her. Once we put her down she will start to wake up and cry. She also needs a lot of the patting and rocking. Cant even allow us to sit down to rock and swing her..gotta walk around! Sighs. Pple have been telling us that we spoilt her already.

Btw, mummies who dont mind using no-brand wet wipes can go NTUC xtra (I went to the Hougang Pt outlet) to stock up on the Sweet Cheeks wet wipes. Its buy 1 get 1 plus 20% discount. Each pack is 3.95 so after discount its 3.16. Thus you get 3.16 for 2 packs! Each pack is abt 90 wipes. It is alcohol free and comes with aloe vera and lanolin.. I have used it and find it quite gd. I bought 4 packs so now I have 8 packs of the wet wipes!

Any recommendations for body massage? I desperately need one for my aching back due to the long hours of rocking and walking!

morning mummies!

Haven't been posting recently as Isaac was quite cranky...got my hands full. He's into his 10th weeks and is harder to bottlefeed him. Usually he will just polish off his bottle at 1 go but for the past few days he has been refusin his bottle and we need to 1hr or more at times to get him to finish his milk!! Sometimes he will just cry for no reason during his feed and we will have to cry him around before he's willing to take his milk again
sad.gif
anyone has any idea what is wrong with him??

yolksac, bcube, ashlyn, claire, livvie, we are all in the same boat!! Isaac also can have the same problem, he needs to be carried around before he can fall asleep. Unless he's into deep sleep, otherwise we can forget abt puttin him down. The minute he's down, he will wake up and cry. Only of late he's able to sleep like 1-2hrs (but of cos that's after we have carried him and rocked him to sleep). If not, for the past weeks he hasn't been able to sleep for long periods (at most 20 mins) in the day.

morning mummies!! hey livvie dear... swwet cheecks sounds like gd idea..
i can give you the name and number of the lady who did my post natal.. she comes to your house.. its only 50 an hour.. 90 for two hrs!! her name is Suryati..92964062

i really wanna reply a nice long one but i cant right now im really short for time..

irene... yes i want!! so basically wht are we talking abt in terms of price individually?
im game to order it! hope you guys are...
the wimmers are SO GORGEOUS!!!

anyone else interested???

good morning mummies

so fast...it's mid week le...can't wait for weekend when hb is back...sigh...always travelling...

talking abt being a SAHM...yest we discussed this cos i need to plan for if and when i go back to work next year after NPL...i'm actly v v keen to stay home...willing to sacrifice glamourous clothes, limited freedom etc but now wrecking my brain to see how i can SAH and still generate some income cos i really do worry abt our retirement etc. at present, we're comfy but if i do SAH, i guess it's forever :p aaargh...can't bear to tear myself away from my doll...

998461.jpg

about having #2...for me, if and if ever we have a second, it'd be a couple of years later when we've spent lots of time with veve and enjoyed her. for me it's not a weight issue, i think it's really challenging to handle 2 little ones at the same time.

about 5-in-1 jab, veve had it on saturday and ran a fever a couple of hours later for a few hours only. so thankful! she also din cry at all! haha...think her threshold for pain q high..prob trained by her not so gentle mummy :p oh she also had her rotavirus as encouraged by the PD.

about ear piercing...hb gave me a weird look when i mentioned to him. anyway, i personally had a real bad ear infection for my second ear hole and i really dun wish for veve to have to experience tat kind of pain. guess i'll do it later when she's older.

about watching tv...veve's another tv addict! when we bot feed her, her lil head will naturally turn towards the tv...notti ger! at the comp she'll do the same. i think maybe she's hoping to see daddy in the screen (we've been video-calling when he's OOT). btw it's bad to let babies watch tv right?

about daytime sleep...veve has no problems being in her cot anytime of the day...in fact sometimes she's happier playing with us in there rather than being carried. she absolutely hates slings cos it curtails her movements- v active la.

now for bedtime, i'm trying to make sure she's not dependent on her last feed to make her fall asleep...actly these days she's so KO she refuses any milk. this bad mummy will burp her and tour her round the house, say good night to daddy to ensure she's semi-awake before plonking her down.

btw...do you find your babies needing more sleep? mebbe veve is regressing...or maybe she's now more normal cos she's sleeping a lot more than before...sometimes up to 4-5h in the day! and she's sleeping earlier and earlier at night!

4ever...*hugs* it's stressful i know...but stay cheerful k? this is just a phase...it'll all pass sooner than we know. and you know it's not cos of your bubble teas tt lil cheylssa has phlegm...phelgm is caused by an infection la...if it's really those cold drinks...she'd have been born with it...pls dun hu si luan siang and blame yourself. wow...so fast you shifting office le ah? good la...can start diet earlier :p

jules...how's XY feeding? veve seems to be taking lesser and lesser...and i'm starting to move her EBM to the day (used to feed her at 7,9,10pm) cos she's too KO at night to drink. but she's such a challenge to feed...head move here move there...i'm beyond the point of feeling heartache when she shares her BM w her bib, her chin...

hey guys..
sorry quick one again..

bedebe.. my hb has been on my case abt being a SAHM too.. sigh but im battling it.. cos i need my own money for one, two, ive got the best job in the world.. i work from 830 till 2pm..
but me going back wld mean Ash goes to infant care in Jan. SIGH

littletot my bblegs are 17.50 from both sources..

bcube now ive got 7 baby legs and im sure i dont want 7 so i'll sell off 3. i'll show you see if you like.. if not i'll put a pic up here and see if any takers..

oh VEVE is SO CUTE!! thts a nice pic..

amber...thanks
happy.gif

wow...yup tat sure sounds like the best job in the world!

btw which infantcare are you eyeing? i've gotta start enrolling her.

anybody knows if i resign during NPL period, do i still need to go back to work to serve notice? if yes, then veve has to go somewhere for tat period
sad.gif

ice, u mean there is a swimming fair at taka basement is it? do u know if its still on? wanna head down and get a swimming suit for my girl too! love the one ur bb has on!
happy.gif

Wa, bcube, so fierce,,,you're scaring all the babies!
happy.gif
Amber: I also want to see the babylegs - maybe I'll take a pair off you?

hey guys..
sorry quick one again..

bedebe.. my hb has been on my case abt being a SAHM too.. sigh but im battling it.. cos i need my own money for one, two, ive got the best job in the world.. i work from 830 till 2pm..
but me going back wld mean Ash goes to infant care in Jan. SIGH

littletot my bblegs are 17.50 from both sources..

bcube now ive got 7 baby legs and im sure i dont want 7 so i'll sell off 3. i'll show you see if you like.. if not i'll put a pic up here and see if any takers..

oh VEVE is SO CUTE!! thts a nice pic..

bedebe, i teach English at an international sch..
school ends at 2pm.. and there are summer hols, spring hols and stuff.. very nice hours..

BCUBE heeee i hear ya! okok.. youre my first chope!
oh i got your dangly thingies for maxi cosi also..
we meet up all do same day lah.. i think my bblegs coming next wk..

yolk, sure no prob.. yeah they are COOL ah..
parsniketty, you starting this ya know.. you with the most adorable baby in babylegs!!!

Hi all! a quick one..
today i'm on leave cos Lissy have sick-stomach flu. hubb brought her to see doc yest but she's stubborn and refuse to eat rice. asked my helper to cook instant noodles for her instead (cos she saw a tv ad on cup noodles!! Argghh!! Damn those tv ads!!) so my helper obliged while i was in shower.
then she threw up like at 11pm- ON MY BED!!! and i had to change the sheets and wash her up and massage her.. i told her if she feels the urge to threw up again must go toilet (like 2 meters away) and she did not!! Arghhhh!!! and she threw up again, but this time its on her comforter so i just have to replace it. i scolded her and she decided to sleep with daddy on the mattress.. shitt.. i feel so lousy after that. Lucky for me, all this drama happen while wairah sleep away.

Wow Yolksac, great grandma??!!! She must be delighted to have a great grandchild! Somemore she looks quite healthy and sturdy!

Hi mummies,
went with hubby to Rochester Park for dinner last night with mum taking care of Asher. We haven't gone fine dining since I delivered and it used to be a weekly affair before I delivered. And, I had the grilled lamb and foie gras, something that I haven't had since I got pregnant coz they were supposed to be "no no" foods. I even indulged in a few sips of wine. Felt really good. Must really have some couple time once in a while without baby.

Amber,

working part time is very ideal. It gives us spending power and yet time to spend with baby. My job doesn't allow me to do that but at least I don't have to work late. Can knock off at 5.30pm sharp. Also, I get to work from home if I want to although I only do it occasionally coz I find it less efficient. Currently planning to work from home once a week from my mum's home so that I can see baby more often.

tots: yup, she sure is!
happy.gif
she'll be 80 next year but still goes out a lot, takes buses, etc. sadly, just before emily arrived, she had a couple of strokes, but amazingly, she's doing well now and helps me look over emily now and then.

mamijoan: wow, sounds like a great night out! I haven't been to Rochester Park in ages. Which restaurant did you go to? I definitely agree that couple time is important.

I'm currently on no pay leave until Jan 08 - I think I may ask if I can work on a part-time basis thereafter, maybe work 3 days a week or something. Still thinking about it. And I will need to get approval from the powers that be.

nor: oh no! can imagine how stressful it must be to have a sick child at home. I do hope Lis feels better soon. is your hb around as well? maybe he can help look after Lis while you take care of Wairah?

yolksac
wow! em is really showing good hand coordination alrdy! holding rattles so steadily! fantastic!
bounce.gif

nor,
oh dear, do hope lis gets beta
kao_smile2.gif

bedebe, veve looks like a doll!! great pic there!
happy.gif
xy's intake quite erratic. if asleep, she can down abt 110-120ml.. but when awake, cannot make it. will drink abt 50-60ml from bottle and then start playing with teat. very very distracted these days, will drink and talk at the same time, then choke and refuse to drink anymore! argh.. dunno if its still her bottle rejection in action or a phase she is going thru.

i've also started to give xy EBM most of the time in the day and evening.. cos i find that she seems to be drinking less at the breast. but frankly i hate bottle feeding her la..

amber, ur job sounds great! so lucky! i'm keen on babylegs too! can u post some pics?

yolksac, if u do part time in 08, how will that count towards ur bond? 1 wk of part time wont equate to 1 wk of ur bond right? i am so tempted to ask my boss if i can do part time too.. but hb was saying there isnt any pt doing part time as emails will come in everyday anyway.. so will end up doing nearly the fulltime workload for half the pay! but i cant bear to leave xy now that i am due back at work in less than 2 wks!! sob sob..
sad.gif

ems has a good grasp too!!

ice, thanks for the tip on swimming fair! i got the yellow version of ur girl's swimsuit cos the pink ran out! but love it as much!
happy.gif

Hi again!
Thanks for the well wishes. Lis is aslp. and I just put Wairah to slp to.. so got a few mins to myself. going to nap for a while, very tired.

yolk sac, wow! G.grandma.. so nice! i din get to even meet my grandparents from both parents as they pass away before i was born. so i never know grandparents love. hubb is working, i'm ok to handle sick Lis, just staying home to ensure that she doesn't get too close to wairah as stomach flu is contageous.

catch up again later!

Back