(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

babysage

Elyn, me too! I only know my weight gain on my monthly doc visit. I was like throwing caution to the wind and ate to my heart's content (thinking that I can always lose that fat through BF) - Kettle Chips, Farmhouse cookies, Ben & Jerry's - not to mention foie gras every Friday night (I had a strong craving for them) and the occasional sashimi (my doc says they are safe for the Japanese they should be safe for us).

Now I better be disciplined. My doc tried to scare me with a horror story that his colleague delivered a big baby who was stucked in the birth canal cos he/she was too big... I think the baby's shoulder had to be broken (!!!) in order to be delivered. So for our babies' sake, we have to be good
happy.gif

elyn, ya i cant go yoga tml cuz i need to go for antenatal...

babysage, the shop is opp the guanyin temple, that roll of shop, and it beside the toilet at the corner.

baby sage

me too... i got craving for foie gras! dunno why.. but i try not to eat so much cos we're not supposed to eat so much liver becos of vit a...

moo moo
my colleage is using ameda... she has been using for her 3 kids.. and no problems... its quiter and cheaper than medela... i was thinking of it too but then realised that medela parts are so readily available and so decided to get that one instead.. i heard the ameda valves are more expensive.

Hi

went to gynea follow up on sat, both babies are beri active, dun let my gynea to scan. Finally manage to scan and wt est for each baby is 400g+. (end of wk 22)
Saw most of yr babies are heavy, juz thinking if my babies wt consider small?

peck, thanks for the addy. Is this under the HDB flat? Near the famous medical hall that sells birdnest?

Yeah... scary lor. Baby small worry, baby big also worry. My doc says for big babies (above 3.5 kg), they normally perform Cesarean for first-time mummies. The other option is to induce labour, but this may ultimately end up in Cesarean too.

Babysage, do you know the guan yin temple, you stand at the temple, there is one whole stretch of shops, its on the left side, 1st shop, very near the public toilet, very easy to find as all is children's clothes / pyjamas

Et tu tabbie? I thought I'm the only odd one out! My hubby has been kind enough to treat me once a week on Friday night... but I guess that privilege will be withdrawn until I prove myself worthy (by losing weight). This morning I had to pinch myself before grapping that oh-so-familiar cookie bar.

Dilemmagal, don't worry, it's fine to have smaller babies since you are carrying twins. As long as Dr Loh says they are healthy, you have nothing to worry, k? Oh how I wish I can have twins and be done once and for all
happy.gif

Shirlynn, okie will go sniff my way around to the public toilet. Thanks for the direction, sweetie.

mei2,
wow, u bought the RBW stuff liao?
thanks for showing the pics.
happy.gif

welcome, ice
happy.gif

so the JL sales has additional 20% off sales prices for members??

here's the address to the bugis shop, juz got it:
Sheng Kwong Trading Co. @ Block 269 Queen street #01-246 Mon to Sat: 9am to 6pm

dilemmagal,
dun worry abt the wgt, normally twins tend to be smaller leh.

tabbiesus, oh i see. Still thinking whether to buy avent or ameda. look like avent is more popular brand. is it better to buy double pump? Avent double pump is double the price of ameda leh..

babysage

my gynae always tells me to have a baby between 2.5kg and 3.2 kg.. otherwise have difficult labour.. my first baby. was really small.. 2.4kg only and initially gynae didn't even want to make an episiotomy but i think i pushed to hard and in the end had a small 1 inch cut... this time i told my gynae i want to try for no episiotomy if baby isn't too big.. so far my last scan baby is average size...

mais oui, i agree with you the cravings are so hard to control... i have cravings for ben & jerry milkshake everyday...

moomoo2, what about medela? R u considering it too? Cos i was comparing avent and medela, dun know which to buy. So stress...

peck, remember that you all were talking about the carters rompers on BP, but i cant seem to find it selling at BP anymore. Has it closed?

moo moo

i suggest buy double pump esp if you intend to pump more often than latch directly e.g if u intend to breastfeed more than 3 months and going back to work..

reasons
1. when pump one breast, other breast will have let down and leak anyways.. so might as well pump same time rather than waste the let down
2. saves time.. Half the time to pump..

I have no experience with ameda and IQ avent but i think if you really not sure you can rent an ameda from Moms in mind (MIM) and AVENT UNO (IQ) from avent canon the distributor and test it out now to see the feeling.. i have no pain with medela but i use a bigger funnel diameter then the one that comes with the package.. so no rubbing of the nipple on the sides of the funnel.. the other brands i dunno if you can change funnel size. Amount of suction.. PIS, ameda, UNO i think all can adjust..

tabbiesus, u mean we can rent n try now or must we wait till the baby is born then try? Cos wait till baby is born is a bit late to buy rite? But if now try, will any milk come out n how much is rental? sorrie, a bit sua ku..

dun knw if it helps but TMC also rents its pumps out ... another colleage of mine bought the duo avent pump for duration of BF & TMC buy back fr her at e end of her BF session ..
talker.gif
..i tink they onli do it for duo pump & not manual tho'
kao_sticktongue.gif

also quite sua-ku ...
kao_embarrassed.gif
....can i ask, now tat so many mummy toking abt it .... how doees 1 use bumwear? izzit no need cloth diapers? just "use direct" ah? how does inside of bumwear lk like? ...

ice goh
Can rent for trial of 3 days.. its $20 to rent but must leave 100 deposit. can use to offset if buying it from MIM... scroll down this page to see the details of the trial set...

my friend recommended me to try the feel of the suction and setting up of the machine before i delivered cos after delivery no time to do all this.....

http://www.momsinmind.com.sg/lactalinepump.html

Avent one..
you have to buy the started kit which is $60 and includes 2 bottles and some silicon parts which you can use if you buy any of the avent pumps and the trial is free for 3 days usage
have to call the distributer to see if the pump is available

Cannon Avent (Singapore) Pte Ltd
152 Beach Road #32-08, Gateway East, Singapore 189721
Tel: 6391 9191

Went Isetan last Sunday and saw Avent manuel pump with a package on sale, selling at $79, not sure if its good buy. Those who already bought, pls advise.

ritz, the manual pump with or without sales is selling at this price.. you have to check what things they throw in and is it worth?

bought mine @ isetan ritz .. it is $76 after 5% discount for members. got 2 specials (1) pump with 5 cups and large pack of disposable breastpads and some other stuff also in large bag (2) pump with 2 125ml bottles & VIA gourmet cups set, 43 pieces & AIA adptor & also 2 packs AVENT wetwipes! i got tis one
biggrin.gif
& they gave me a free baby goody bag olso ...

have u all decided on the stroller? Can decide on maclearn, campella or lucky baby? headache...
Any recommendations?

Hi ice, sorry miss your msg just now. Most likely wont consider medela cos is way over my budget. Was oso afraid tat later cant produce much milk and my 600++ will be wasted. Stilll considering avent and ameda. I think can get ameda double pump at 300++

peck, we didnt consider combi cos my hb think tat the wheel is to small and the whole pram itself look quite flimsy. we are afraid the wheels might stuck in between the drain gratings. Might need to go down to JL later to have a look at the maclearn techno XT

moomoo2, where got sell ameda, seems like not readily available leh? Taka fair got sell? if get medela PIS, may buy oversea cos it's much cheaper... but if dun get, must get from taka fair now, so trying to make a choice now. sigh..

stroller may get quinny cos hb very vain, say quinny looks nicer and can bring baby for jogging.. :p but feel a bit ex lor. but it's reallie nice.

peck, the cheapest model is quinny zapp at S$399 at baby hypermart but i search the internet and www.kidsmall.com.sg selling at $329. another one is quinny buzz but very much more ex.. Both looks equally good, most likely will consider zapp..

where is the ameda booth.. my eyes must have paste stamps, being there 2 times but din see..

ice, ameda booth is a small counter which near the place selling bb clothing and stroller. Its face opposite the avent booth. IS really a small counter. I been to taka fair twice but both time didn't happen to see any sales person.

Ice and Peck, I saw the Quinny Zapp selling for $299 at Mothercare Suntec a while back. Not sure if they still have it. Now Robinsons selling the Quinny Buzz at $599 - a real steal cos the normal retail price is $999. There's one catch, it only comes in blue colour from the 2006 collection. If I'm haven't bought my Quinny Zapp last month, I would have gone for it.

ice,
i wanna get quinny zapp for my gal previously, cos its very stylo n compact when folded up.But zapp has to buy car seat which can only be used up to 1 yr old.Also it cannot be reclined at all! I dun wanna bring my gal out shopping n she has to sleep sitting up for hrs.Buzz is nice too if u dun mind the price n it's weight
happy.gif

flora, i tot mothercare suntec has closed already?

littletot, i tot since i need to get car seat so shd be still ok. Or I get a sling n use till baby 6 months can use zapp liao. :p at first din think of not able to recline can be a problem, now that u mention, ya hor, baby has to sleep sitting up... No wonder Buzz is so much more ex...

peck, u may want to have a look first and buy later, cos i check with them, they oso going for the motherhood fair in June 07.. so maybe got good deal..

Back