(2007/01) Jan

u gals so good....work also can come in here chat chat.....my workplace too open concept......so we try not to surf net during work but at times if no ody then see see for a while

Mrs Wong,
if u not spotting, then prob abit of strolling also good for the body since ur gynae say ok. but then must also listen to the body.....rest if not well.....
u still playng cptain ball now/??...wah.....r u a teacher?

Janice, yupz, I'm a teacher now school holiday so I am at home. I am training my church's youth group for their captain's ball tournament, making them learn about teamwork. My fren and couz also playing, so in between games, I become baby sitter to 4 kids, 3 mths, 1 yr, 2 yr and 4 yr.

I'm not spotting, tt's why I'm quite confused when I read that some of you are spotting. Gynae's advise was strolling (as in like window shopping type of pace) is ok, no jogging, no cycling, no rollerblading. captain's ball can, but be spectator onli, so now i just scream instructions to them.

Zenn, you also interested in water aerobics? I spoke to some mummies that went for that during their pregnancy, all of them reported good results as they all had easy labour. Plus they told me they made alot of frens during the sessions. So now I trying to check out is it possible to gather some MTBs, then get a private instructor to teach us at a condo's pool or somewhere more private.

Milderina, I'm staying at AMK. Town is ok for me cos hubby or my dad will gladly drive me there. But I wanna find somewhere with more privacy
happy.gif

wah...amk n town sounds far to me.....
sad.gif

i also feel like taking up some exercise but think prob in 2nd trim

Mrs wong, errr I dunno how to swim leh. Can do water aerobics? I heard swimming is good for easy delivery too.

Janice, my couz recommends light exercise suring 1st tri, if not 2nd tri will become v lazy. She suggested simple things like stretching on bed, leg lifts, etc. She says there is a book on exercising during pregnancy, I will go library to find it later and post the title.

Where u stay? to me the venue does not realli matter, impt is privacy and the instructor is good or not
happy.gif

Zenn, water aerobics is in the medium pool, dunnid to swim de. Can stand in the pool. You know those aerobics classes people go at fitness centres like Amore? it is similar, just that we are in water, so the weight of the tummy is not so heavy, plus the water resistance makes it a good work out without too much movement. Good for those who dunno how to swim lor.

Swimming is good, but my hubby paranoid pple will kick me, so he now asking his frends who stay condo to find out wot timing got no one and we go during that timing lor. plus his fren's condo the shower facilities v good, digital temperature control for the water which I love
happy.gif

zenn,
water aerobic no need to know how to swim one.....n its a good form of exercise also even if not preggie....

Mrs Wong,
i have been advise no exercise by my gynae....so i better heed his advice till he gives the green light.

i stay in jurong.....hehe..

i have a fren she also go swimming during preg. she say the feeling in water is very nice cos feel lighter but when she wanna get out of water, she has a hard time...ahaha

Hi mrs wong & janice,

Ok like tat can consider hehe My gf also went to frien's condo to swim every week. She said preggie lady feel lighter in water so its easier dan other exercise.

Janice, better be good gal and listen to gynae. Maybe cos previously I was rather active in sports, so he gave me the ok.

Actually, got technique to get out of the water de! I went with my couz for the water aerobic class to see-look and the instructor got teach them how to come out of the pool easily and effortlessly!

Aquarius, I agree it is really a workout. Imagine doing all those movements with water resistance! without already wanna die lei! but for preggies sure will be easier. What I saw was their movements are slower plus the music is more soothing, not those upbeat types
happy.gif

Mrs Wong, ya lor...that time I thought it will be easy but no ah...a lot of jumping here and there.
happy.gif
Would love to join if schedule permits...cos my hubby travels once a month for about a week so maybe will miss some lessons.

hi gals,

I'm quite interested in water aerobics and/or pre-natal yoga/pilates as well... let me know if you gals are thinking of organizing any classes... think exercising more will help to ensure a smoother labour...

I'm now still attending my normal pilates and yogasana classes at Amore... heheh... think I've been doing it all along lor, so should be ok... and they are light stretching exercises as opposed to cardio workouts... but next week when I see my gynae will still ask him if I can carry on la, if not gotta apply for suspension on my classes liao.
sad.gif

Milderina, my couz is gonna pass me her instructor's contacts so I can call her
happy.gif

If realli want, all of us must be in 2nd tri then can start. Plus all our gynaes must give the ok, cos it depends from person to person also.

I will try to form a class and arrange with the instructor while we wait for our 2nd tri to arrive
happy.gif

girls,
may i check can we eat those sweets that contain collagen huh? i know we cannot use certain facial products that contains 1 substance but i cant remember now.

Zenn, you seeing Dr Woo this Thu nite? My hubby just made appt for me to see him this thu night. Kan cheong daddy can't wait to see ultrasound...heeheee...

MrS Wong,

ya lo...so now i stop my aerobic class liao....

prob i ask him the next visit if water aerobic is ok anot....

Milderina, I am avoiding all empty calories now, sweets included. I have sweet tooth and itchy mouth. Always wanna eat things, so I went to the organic store to buy dried fruits. Naturally sweet, plus full of vitamins which is good for us and baby
happy.gif

mrs wong,

my colleague helped me ask our regular instructor before,he never mention got leh. But he said that it's ok to continue pilates/yoga, just that you shouldn't start going to anything new at this time. Plus I still feel quite good, so I carry on with my classes for now...

Milderina, my workplace is hougang lei...my parents place in hougang also...we drive, so not too bad...

plus my new house in punggol
happy.gif
and my dentist also...so punggol is familiar place to me
happy.gif

Milderina,

is it salicylic acid? i tot i read from some where....cant really remember....

i only hear that aspartame is not good....actificial sweetener

mrs wong,
wow you very hardworking leh. if only i have half your energy. i am so tired everyday that i just get out of bed. where is this organic store?
i also have sweet tooth and itcthy mouth, so i definitely must have something in my mouth. i think i buying too much nonsense food already.

Janice, aspartame will cause diarrhea if u eat too much hor...not good also la...

Milderina, eh...i not hardworking la...is my hubby v excited...he now asking ard where can get dutch lady chocolate milk in bulk cos tt is e onli milk i will drink...haha...
Organic store alot of places have, i go to the one at Tanglin mall called Brown Rice Paradise. I got the discount card, so if u interested, I can lend u
happy.gif

Actually, i was quite tired. but the evening stroll and warm shower followed by some tv and sleep helps lei...morning wake up v fresh de! plus now i make sure i sleep at least 9hours a day.

hey gals,

any preference on boy/girl?

For me hubby has been calling bb boy-boy, then I'll call bb girl-girl... until we decided we better just stick with 'baby' for now, otherwise later our bb gets gender-confused. kekekeke

but impt thing is that bb is healthy lah... next pregnancy then we'll gun for specific gender (opposite of this baby). hiaks hiaks hiaks.

hey Sherl
i also prefer gal...but my hubby prefer boy....but we tot boy or gal still our baby ...most impt must be healthy....

think my mil hope for a boy ba cos when she realise i m preggie...the first ting she take out is those chin calender which it calculate the gender of the baby based on the mommy age n date of conceive. although she say boy or gal ok with her.

Sherl, do you have this 'gut feeling' about the sex? I got this weird feeling mine is gal. Dunno why.

But hubby dun mind he say boy or gal dun matter, healthy can le
happy.gif

mrs wong, I have this feeling that it's a girl lor... Told my hubby liao, but he dun wanna accept reality...
biggrin.gif

I calculate back the conception date it should most likely be girl also. Then check the online Chinese calendar, also girl! When my pregnancy is stabilized I will ask my godma to calculate for me. Though I already have the feeling I know the result liao.
biggrin.gif

Janice, we are in the same situation huh... hubby prefer boy but we prefer gals... heheheheh

Aquarius, i'm v KS. I have changed all my toiletries to organic products that do not have any 'cancer causing agents' in them. Even the household cleaners have all been changed to organic and natural cleaners like apple cidar vinegar (to replace bleach and floor detergent) and organic clothes detergent. My daddy help me import from US, so anyone interested I can ask my dad to get more then we can share the shipping costs.

And now looking for stretch mark cream, hubby insist i get organic jojoba oil (S$44 for a 50ml bottle).

Janice, I tried that chinese prediction thingy too. It says mine will be gal gal...heehee...
But my fren say if u got craving for salty food, it is boy, if got craving for sweet food it is gal...i got craving for salty food lei...so mine is wot? Tom boy? or Sissy? hahahahahhaa....

mrs wong...do you know if the organic jojoba has any fragrance added? Actually prefer non fragrance type. Do you have the price for the natural cleaners?
happy.gif

Aquarius, the organic jojoba is 100% jojoba oil, nothing else inside! No fragrance, no anything! I tried it just now, it is absorbed by my skin quite fast and my skin now really nice and smooth...heehee...so hiao of me...

The cleaners I need to get price list from my dad then can tell u, cos I haven pay him also..heehee...if u interested, I photocopy the brochure then send to u? they have other products also, all natural and no chemicals used de...got make up, face wash, etc etc...

Mrs wong,
i am interested i am interested. hahahaha......
where u get your stretch mark cream? i still haven buy leh. they say should start applying liaos. but i dunno what is good.

Milderina, I not the one driving, so I can just hop on and tell my hubby or dad to drive to whereever I want...heehee...

usually my dad will drive me ard when my hubby at work..but my hubby work for my family, so qutie flexi la, can come back anytime de...

The stretch mark cream I got it from a shop inside NUH. Was there with hubby finding his fren for makan, then happen to see. It is a brand from Australia, alamak, can't remember the name offhand.

S$44 for 50ml bottle. I think it is not bad. Just now I tried some, no oily or sticky feeling, v easily absorbed by the body..

My dad say he pass me the brochure + price list tomolo, so those of u that are interested hor, u email me your address so I can send you a copy. My email is [email protected]
happy.gif

hello, i am 5 weeks pregnant. I am on MC this week for resting due to have brown discharge on n off. I also have constipation also sometimes will feel a lot of wind inside stomach. Can anyone share with me around how long you having discharge? Gynae give me 3 type of pill and want me to have bed rest. Can anyone share ur experience with me?

Actually, i just start my work about 1.5 month, but I will put my baby in my 1st priority. I also told my boss that i need to take 1 week MC. I dont know how he think but I still will put bb at 1st.

Back