(2007/01) Jan

Good morning all!
happy.gif

Hi MSN Queen...you are with my previous gynae Dr Heng.
happy.gif
Btw do you know if you can still deliver at Eastshore cos I heard they are closing the maternity and delivery wards.

Mrs Wong/Zenn,

Please let me know some of the info for Dr. Woo. Since he has clinic at Punggol Plaza, I might consider make an appoinment with him. Roughly how old is he? Do you know how much of his package and delivery charge.

Thank you so much
happy.gif

Good Morning Girls!!!!
As usual my tummy still crampy think due to the constipation. still didnt manage to get it out. gr........

morning gals,

i think its better not to take any fruits/food that is very "liang"..play safe ba....i have forbidden pineapple cos i have a aunt who took pineapple in her 1st trimester....after taking a few n they r those very small one.....she bleed the next day n lost bb. of cos u never know if its really te pineapple but its better to play safe ba....

Leeann/mrs wong,
tot intercourse should be safe throughout the pregnancy....i have some slight spotting tahts y the gynae advise not to have intercourse.....otherwise i tot should be ok?

Kc,
thanks for the article...i read that b4 too....sound scary when have bleed n cramps.....last night even have night mare that i have spotting again....prob i think too much in the day liao.......

hey zenn,

i bring my laptop on the bed n surf net......still on the bed ma....kaka....not too sure if really must lie down anot but i just sit on bed with pillow as back support n then surf net.....

milderina,

its ur cramps due to constipation? try to increase ur fibre intake n drink plenty of water?...

i have on n off cramps too......but i no constipation....so kindda of worry.....

Janice,
Just took a fibre drink my gynae gave mi. hope it will take effect tonight. are you quite early in your first tri? i think first few weeks its normal to have cramps.

Girls,
any of you have backaches huh? mi this morning suddenly my lower back very aching. I use to have this ache in the first few weeks. then now its back. now i am suspecting all this becos of my constipation.
sad.gif

milderina,

I have backache after sitting for a while, even when I'm sitting on sofa... gotta change position a lot.

sherl,
i think maybe last nite i didnt sleep properly. i heard its better if we sleep on our left hand side so that the baby can breath better. but nowadays mi cannot really sleep on my left hand side though i use to sleep on my left hand side last time. nowadays ussually i just sleep on my back.....

<table border=1><tr><td>Name</TD><TD>BB age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>ADD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aquarius_888</TD><TD></TD><TD>3/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Msn_queen</TD><TD></TD><TD>5/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan</TD><TD>East Shore </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jas </TD><TD></TD><TD>10/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr SP Teo</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Milderina</TD><TD></TD><TD>10/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yen</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>KC</TD><TD>7 weeks</TD><TD>12/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Evelyn</TD><TD></TD><TD>14/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yen</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Doggiebebe</TD><TD></TD><TD>15/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr CK Chow</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Leeann</TD><TD></TD><TD>19/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC </TD></TR><TR><TD>rin</TD><TD></TD><TD>19/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yingzi</TD><TD></TD><TD>24/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Koh CH</TD><TD>Mt Alvernia </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zenn</TD><TD>5 weeks</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian/Dr Woo</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Janice</TD><TD></TD><TD>End Jan 2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian </TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sherl</TD><TD></TD><TD>End Jan 2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mrs Wong</TD><TD>5 weeks</TD><TD>30/1/2007</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Added Rin's details...
happy.gif

milderina,

i m into 6 weeks....dunno leh....the cramp come quite often early last week then now on n off.....Dr Adrian just say as long as no spotting n diligently take the hormone pills n rest well, should be fine. but me still worry lah....

i also have lower backache if sits too long...ave to change position every now n then.....the 1st few weeks b4 i know i m preggie, its is even worse but after that it subside.....now only after i sit too long....

milderina,

Yeah I also heard it's better to sleep on the left hand side... anyone knows why left as opposed to right??
kao_confused.gif

Must take care and sleep more leh, otherwise will be very xin ku at work....

Janice,
before i know i am preggie also quite bad. but it has goine off le leh. dunno y now suddenly come back again. makes mi worried. hope everything is fine. going to c gynae on thursday. so good can rest at home today. i think i cannot take leave next mth a lot of my colleagues either on holiday leave, marriage leave or on course. haiz......somemore i also not much leave left.

sherl,
i only know left is better becos when we sleep at that position the baby suppose to have more oxygen or something. maybe some others can tell us more abt it.

milderina, i read from internet b4, pregnant woman who sleep on their back tend to get backache leh.

sherl, if not mistaken, if we sleep on left, there is an increase of blood flow in our heart n then the baby can hv more oxygen lor

here ladies:

Q Why is it better to sleep on your left side when pregnant?

A The answer to this question lies in the anatomy of the abdomen, which has to harbor the ever-increasing uterus as the baby grows. The Vena Cava is the main vein that drains the entire lower half of the body. Anatomically, it lies just to the right of the midline--just on the right side of your spine. As the baby gets bigger, certainly the heavier uterus, lying flat on the Vena Cava will (like stepping on a garden hose) obstruct flow up towards the heart. The drainage of the lower half of the body becomes sluggish, which not only increases the swelling of your ankles, feet, and legs, but will also impact on hemorrhoids as well. And decreased return of blood flow to the heart will cause hypotension (lowered blood pressure) down the line and resulting diminished arterial blood flow to the uterus, placenta, and baby.
Sometimes this hypotension is evident when a woman has an ultrasound, during which she lies flat. One of the symptoms of hypotension is nausea that will accompany the light-headedness. In answer to your question, laying on the back is the worst ossible position in the third trimester. Laying on the right side is better than laying on your back, but laying on your left side is the best of all, because this is the position which will have the least amount of weight upon the Vena Cava.

Milderina,

prob its part n parcel of pregnancy sickness? dun worry.....
if ur job dun required u to wakl too much ...think should be ok ba?......dunno leh.....i also scare take too many days leave so soon....cos we still have 9 months to go leh....just in case during these months we need to take leave to go see gynae or rest at home....somemore MC only 14 days for me....so my company nurse actually advise that if just wan rest take try to take a day or 2 off to rest at home....

hey gals,
was reading this book "what to expect when you re expecting"....its says: mild cramps, achiness or a pulling sensation on one of both side of the abdomen is prob due to the stretching of ligaments that support the uterus. unless cramping is severe, constant or accompanied by bleeding, there is no need to worry. phew!

hey milderina/sherl,
sleeping on the left side allows max flow of blood and nutirents to the placenta. it also enhance effective kidney function, which means better elimination of waste prod n fluids n less swelling of ankle/feet n hand. try not to sleep on ur back cos u r resting ur entired pregnant uterus on ur back, intestines n other blood vessels etc. this can aggravate backache, make indigestion less effective.....n interfer with breathing etc....all from the same book too....but think now we r still early stage so wont encounter much discomfort when we sleep ba...its only when baby start to develop

ah I see..... looks like must change sleeping habits liao... now I usually sleep on right side or my back.
kao_sad.gif

Thanks for the advice doggiebebe/aqua/janice...

Janice, I'm also reading that book leh, heheh. A lot of mothers have recommended it as the essential bible. I'm making my hubby read the daddy section. hahahahahahaha... But he already warned me that I cannot keep using bb as an excuse to get my way...
kao_blush.gif

Aquaries/Janice,
But now tummy so small also have effect ah? i thought its ok leh. i think i better start sleeping on my left. now then.

Janice,
my company has got 28 days MC per year. but hor impossible take all ma. later tio black mark ah. actually government should give not only maternity leave 3 mths but also should give all women who is preggy first 3 mths off.

Milderina,

Actually I think govt can give la, but up to the company whether they wanna follow or not. At one of my old companies, when a sales manager went on maternity leave (the three-mth one), they hired someone else in her place coz they cannot afford to throw aside her sales accounts for three months, and when she came back from leave she found herself thrown to marketing side. Still retained a job at the old company lah, but quite significant pay cut, coz now cannot earn comm anymore.

Personally I think Singapore has a long way to go where parenting benefits are concerned lor, despite moves like bb bonus and 3-mth maternity leave.

Milderina...can start sleeping on left now...I alternate between left and right...I cannot sleep on back cos will feel pain...reason becos I injuried my back before thus the backache comes faster than normal preggie ladies I think.

hey Sherl,
my hubby also say the same thing...hehe.....but now he change stregegy...say he purposely say he do this or that for bb instead......

wah milderina....so good ah...got 28 days MC.....i only have 14 days...but cos we have 12 Off days beside our annual leaves so i try to use my off day instead of MC....else too many MC tio mark also hehehe....

most europe countries maternity leave is 6 mths. i wan to move there! hahahahaah...............

janice,
still got off days one ah? so shiok! how i wish i have them. but off days different from annual leaves right?

Good morning ladies,

Mrs wong I ve spotting so supposed to go back to Adrian this week but since wanna find out abt Dr Woo so might as well do now this week. Wanna find out exactly how many wks too. Dunno will worry if bb is growing or not haha. Silly me :p

mendy I think clomid is given to ladies who ve irregular mens n TTC. Not sure if GP has it.

Evelyn Not sure how old cos first time seeing him this Thur. His package is $800+GST and can sign anytime. It includes all schedule prenatal consultation, all u/s at clinic, rountine blood/urine test and multi-vitamins and 2 post natal consultation. Exclude Amniocentesis, Serum screening for down syndrome, non routine blood test, urine test and medications, pap smear, detail scan not done in clinic (20 wk) and epidural for normal delivery.

His delivery for 2beded range $2300-2800 and 1 beded ranged $2800-3300 for Mt A/Thomson. Noted the rate inclusive of hosptial stay.

Janice Me too! I ve my notebook at bed if not bored to death haha You on MC too?

Btw, was told best not to ve intercourse during first trimester.

doggie, actually the govt guideline is 12 weeks... some companies nicer, put it as 3 mths... i bad luck, civil servant, so 12 weeks... heheheh...

aqua... yeah, the welfare system in European countries is fantastic. It's best in the Nordic countries, where they are very supportive even of single mums (entitled to full benefits).

Janice, hahahahha! My hubby like kou ying xin ruan, he's very nice to me these two days... but think if I start being really unreasonable then he will lose his temper and scold me for taking advantage of his "kindness"....

Ok running off to pilates class liao... talk to you gals after lunch!

milderina,
one month entitle to one off day....n off day must clear every 2 month....eg apr off day, y june must clear off.....

doggie,
i tot now the maternity leave should be 3 months liao ma for all companies??

6-9 months maternity leave is good le.....

sherl, ya man...no such good benefits here...already thankful that we won't get sacked from getting preggie...who dares to ask for 6 months maternity leave. Enjoy your class and take it easy.

my hubby also super duper nice. I just sit there then i wan wat the thing will appear in front of mi de. hahahah................but sometimes i c him so poor thing dun dare to complain somemore. i think i am very bad. hee hee........but this kind of benefits only last 9 mths. make good use ma. kekekeke......

Sherl,
u taking pilate for preggie woman one? oh ya...my company also 12 weeks.....we lugi....

doggie,
my one also almost gone leh....but got so fast tummy grow so big one meh? or izzit we eat too much?

hi aquarius888, whats a GD?

hi zenn, how u feeling now? i jus seen baby. can see the head and bum. hee.. my EDD is 7 Jan.
Now seeing my gynae, DR K T Tan at KKH. I would recommend her to you esp u wanted a female doc.

when is ur nxt checkup?

ya lo....i also think so.....my colleague say must make use of the prevelige that preggie woman has....hehe........

zenn,

me just take a day off to rest at home.....

whole morning feel nothing...kindda of worried....but now feel a bit nauseus....put my mind at ease.......wonder if baby is progessing well anot....

Yaya my hb also v nice. Even make the milk for me every nite haha We v bad hor :p

Jasmin, now better liao. Thanks for concern. You should be 7-8wks now? Wow can see head n bum liao. So exciting! Me seeing gynae this thur.

Anyone interested to join water aerobics for preggies? I saw that YMCA has it at their roof top pool. Hubby keen on me taking in 2nd trimester cos my couz went for her 2nd child and she had a v smooth natural birth.

Plus I'm a lazy bum, so hubby wants me to get on my feet. We are going for 1/2 hour strolls everyday with the dog now. Used to be 15min but he wants me to keep fit.

If anyone interested, we can go scout around for classes together. I'm also interested in yoga or pilates.

Mrs Wong,
I think now 1st tri better dun walk too much. Wait till 2nd tri then start walking. Get as much rest as possible when u are in your 1st tri. Where is YMCA?

milderina
how come u cant wait for thurs leh?>? u going to see the gynae?

Mrs Wong,
think better get more rest ....initially my hubby also wanna bring me go for stroll but then cos the gynae ask me to rest more so we tot prob when the pregnancy more stable then start.

YMCA abit out for me....cos i work in tuas n stay in the west so not so convenient

ya mrs wong shouldn't walk too much now in 1st tri...I have stopped my routine exercise too...will wait till second tri then start exercising again.

Milderina,

Dr Tan told me strolling is good. Just need to wear a good pair of walking shoes and pace myself and drink water.

Plus, erm just last week I was water skiing and deep sea diving. And just before I found out I was preggy, I was still playing captain's ball 3 times a week with a bunch of teenagers...plus help my fren and couz look after their kids...heeheee....

YMCA is at Dhoby Ghaut MRT. I'm looking around to see if got any other place that offers this or not also.

Back