(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

Rach

You are so funny!
kao_laugh.gif
Ok lar.. I betroth my girl to your boy liao!

Wah.. thats very far thinking! My brother already bought soccer jersey for my girl liao.. think my hb will want to teach her how to play soccer (that soccer fanatic hb of mine).. then perhaps she will grow taller as well!

ya hunniepot, same situation as u lor.. 1st bf even shorter than me.. so pai seh to walk side by side with him.. luckily the relationship didn't last long.. *heng* wahaha..
the tallest bf i got is an ang moh.. 1.9m.. luckily didn't last long too.. or else our kid will be super tall.. wahaha.. and wont be marry my hubby liao.. keke..

Rach, u bought swimming trunk for ur bb liao?? so fast?? i heard of swimming diaper, did u get it? i dunno wat's that.. :p

where u gals staying?? maybe next time can bring our babies out for swimming session.. keke.. let the kids know more friends..
happy.gif

Smurfy, I think I'm same class as Des. So far, never see any ladies with other people accompanying them in my class leh. They either come with their hubbies or alone.

Hunniepot, okay thanks. I actually do not want to buy FM 'cos I want to give myself determination to go on TBF. If FM too easily available, I worried I won't hv the determination liao, see bb cry then quickly make FM for her. I guess it is the mindset. Haaaa.. let see how pa.

Talking about height. I'm 1.69m tall But can see that so many of you are taller than me.
happy.gif

Hunniepot,
not soccer la. must play basketball. Both my cousins and a classmate who was 1.9m, all played basketball leh.

Ur gynaes all so good.. strange that mine seem nd 2 ask 2 give me approx. me... she was saying she seemed fairly well developed at 28th week as she was at least 1.3kg and she was only ah ga ah ga leh.

Hmmm.... my hb juz found it strange y she dun like to do weight measurement everytime. =( And I was like thick face got to ask ... especially since again this month, I put on another 4kg. Now 66.4kg!

jumbo

Preciously! Can't even wear heels when I was out with my previous bfs.. and to make matters worse.. I'm big boned too.. so I tend to look bigger sized than my ex bfs.. esp after I put on some weight.. at least now with my hb.. I wear my highest heels.. still shorter than him.. and I don't feel so uncomfortable after putting on 16+ kg throughout this pregnancy.. cos he stills looks bigger sized than me as he is alot taller..

Think swimming diaper is for bb to wear just in case he/she poo and pee while swimming.. shld be getting that when bb is ready to go swimming..

Good idea to get our bbs together and swim.. I stay at Toa Payoh.. you gals?

hunniepot, i still cant wear heels cos hubby just abit taller than me nia.. i dun wanna look out-tall him.. wahaha.. i'm staying at upper Bukit Timah with my in-laws.. will be staying at my mum's place, at Jurong West, during confinement..
U mean u have put on 16+kg already for this stage already?

Jasminetea

True lar.. I intend to go on TBF.. but what if milk production is slow to come then how? My mum mentioned that she bought FM for my bros and myself when she was bf us.. and she never get to use the FM.. better to have it ready on hand I guess..

Evon

My hb don't like to play basketball leh.. and my bro already bought soccer jersey for my girl.. and also intends to teach her tennis as she grows older.. thank god I have a girl.. cos my hb was already saying he will play wrestling with our son should we have one next time (he is a WWE fan btw)

We are talking about FM for bb lar.. BTW anyone taking Enfa Mama or Mamil Mama or Anmum now?

jumbo,

i got the swimming trunk for my boy from mothercare..i happen to saw it when i was at mothercare to get some stuffs then i quickly grab liao!! haha!! very gan cheong to let my boy play with water n hope he'll be a tall boy..vey important to me leh!! heehee..cos i only fancy tall men..dun wan my boy to blame me if he's not tall when he grows up..(for my short genes)

i stay in the east..anyone around my area?? best if there are SAHM or SAHMTB, cos i supper bored..can meet up for tea session!!

jumbo

My mum stays at Jurong East.. but most prob my mum will be doing my confinement at Toa Payoh.. as my old room is taken up by my bro already.. so no place for me to stay..

Would your mum be looking after your boy next time? I intend to bring my girl to JE everyday next time when I get back to the workforce..

Yeah.. estimated 16+ kg.. might be more! The last time I went for gynae checkup.. I put on 15 kg in total (put on 6 kg in the month of dec itself.. terrible) My gynae's nurse is on my msn and she kept reminding me not to eat too much...

Rach

We can all meet up for tea session in town lar..
happy.gif
So far April MTBs.. its just you, me, preciousbabe and bblim who are SAHMTBs right?

hunniepot,

guess town is the only place liao lor..seems like all of us are well spread across this tiny island..

guess only the 4 of us are SAHMTB nia leh..

hunniepot, i used to have Enfa Mama and Anmum.. but my dietician recommended me to have Anlene instead.. she said dun need to buy special FM for mummy.. Anlene calcium content is the highest among all milk powder in the market and cos it is low fat, it won't make u put on weight..as we need 1000mg calcium a day.. hence, 2 glasses of anlene give adequate amount of calcium liao.. mean time, i'm taking calcium supplement too.. cos i only take anlene once a day..me not really fancy of milk but have to force myself lor..

Rach

Yeah lor.. lets arrange a tea session one of these days soon? Cos some of us might pop anytime from next month liao.. then after that.. not many chances to meet up..

jumbo

Calcium is what I need now also.. used to love HL milk.. surprising.. drinking that makes me naeseous esp in the morning.. but am drinking enfamama cos of the DHA content.. think can consider drinking both now.. thanks!
happy.gif

hunniepot, did ur gynea said ur weight gain's ok?? I've put on 10kg till now.. and my gynea said abit too fast and too much liao..

I'm still working at this moment.. intend to stay at home and look after baby myself next time.. but we havent got our own flat yet.. if i stop working.. then my hubby will be the only bread winner and will be tough for him.. my mum's running a food stall.. trying to convince her to do my confinement and look after baby..

jumbo, My gynae didn't say much about my weight gain.. my hb was worried and asked him about it when I put on 9 kg in total when I saw him in Nov.. he said I'm big sized so the weight gain then was ok.. but with the 6kg I put on in Dec.. think it is too much already..

I know what you mean.. I quit my job when I was 3 months pregnant.. its a total change of lifestyle for me now that I am depending on my hb's income.. in the past.. I spend my own money my way.. but now I have to think twice b4 buying the more expensive items.. guess it helps that we do not have a car.. and initially I did not want to get a flat on our own (as I really do not like the idea of being in debt for 30 yrs for the housing loan).. as we could have stayed on at his family flat (just the 2 of us) but his sister was adamant that we stay near to her and his mum as they just bought a flat in toa payoh.. so we had no choice but to get another flat of our own at TP.. so the main financial committment we have now is the flat.. which I would gladly love to do without if given the choice..

My mum just retired last June so she is more than happy to look after my bb and myself during confinement.. since your mum is running a food stall.. guess you might have to give her a bigger allowance to make up for her lost income during confinement period?

Afternoon all
happy.gif

wow, so much to catch up on just this afternoon. Heehee...looks like everyone is excited with just a few weeks left
happy.gif

Jumbo,
Think your weight gain is reasonable as u have a big bb
happy.gif
Don't worry too much abt gaining too much weight. Anyway, only a few weeks left, how much can we balloon?? hahaa....

Rach & Hunniepot,
wah...so fast match make your kids liao ah. Me poor thing lor, hb and I are so short, both less than 1.65m so confirm Jayden also can't be too tall. Then if all the girls r going to be tall what will happen to my Jayden??

ya.. life will be different without a job.. sometime wanna get money from him also pai seh.. we are lucky tat we have no financial committment now.. but i feel tat we should move out and have our very own family.. although i have no problem to stay with them.. but after tat is not our house.. i cant do alot of thing as i wish.. i also dun wanna keep pushing my hubby to look for flat cos i know we need money for our baby now.. but he told me when time get stable after baby born, he will look for one.. so, now.. i just have to wait..

My sis, brothers and me would want my mum to stop working and want her to look after baby.. dun want her to tire herself everyday.. although looking baby is tiring too.. but at least she can get rest at home when she's tired.. still trying to talk her around..

Hi Jumbo....
Added u into my MSN list liao!

Hi ladies,
jus to chk any of u here measure ur waist at dis stage? I measured my still can wear hubby's bermuda (size 35) Haha!

preciousbabe

Dont worry lar! Nowadays kids are getting taller and taller.. for all you know.. Jayden might hit 1.8 when he grows up?
happy.gif

jumbo

Yeah.. running a food stall is very tiring.. moreover your mum is getting on with age liao.. true lar.. getting one's own house is good.. theres privacy and we can do whatever we want to.. but guess for you.. you might have to put it on hold first.. cos hunting for the right flat, renovation contractor, renovating the place, buying all the nitty-gritty takes up alot of time and effort.. moreover now that you are heavily pregnant now.. and bb is about to pop out anytime.. best to wait till things are mroe stable b4 you look for your own flat I guess..

So you really made up your mind to be a SAHM?

Paiseh ... ladies. Tot, u refering to drinking some FM for ourselves to boast BM's contents.. =p

Well, I dun think it is a good idea to buy FM powder leh. I was reading up that once bb gets use to the teats; they may ve difficulty getting used to our nipples. Unless, we intend to express our BM to bottles, then another story. Rite?

That's y we need to start taking those fish /w green papaya soup during last month of our 3rd trimester 2 increase on the supply naturally? Even read some threads that mommies actually start to use pumps on their breasts to help to simulate bb sucking then during that time got milk 4 bb??? =p

Hmmmm... unless dun intend 2 bf?

Hunniepot,
U so good DIL.. n so nice wife. I really find it difficult 2 ask my hb for pocket $ especially those times.. (u noe which time) so it's like i still prefer 2ve pocket $ 4 me 2 get what n do what w/o worrying tat he feels pitched.

winnie, ya.. got u into my list liao..
happy.gif

hunniepot, if financially allow, i would love to be SAHM.. but will join the work force once baby going nursery.. think will be few years later.. anyway.. wanna quit this job long ago.. tender once but rejected by boss.. can tell my boss tat i need to take care of baby as an excuse to quit the job and search for other job.. was thinking of working from home at first... but if mum's willing to look after my baby, think have to go full time liao..

I'm no worry of getting flat now.. just getting gan cheong each day for my baby Nixon to arrive.. taking care of my baby is my first priority now.. keke..

Have u gals start having coconut drink already?? some said start at 8th month, other said 9th month.. also dunno when.. recently having cough, dare not take.. :p

Here is a good chart for baby weight.
http://www.babycenter.com/general/pregnancy/1290794.html
I think they based on ah moh baby.

My baby is also overweight compare to that chart and he has not turn yet. My gynae is very cool about it, never tell me anything about early birth or c-section or overweight. He just say,"We will see about it". By the way, we are consider tall people too. My husband 180 something and me 170. My husband wish my boy can be 198 when full grow. Muahahaha.

Re: Tea Session
me doing sales, so probably can arrange to meet-up. keep me informed.
happy.gif

Re: Baby's Weight
me bb at 32 weeks is 1.8kg. doc says slightly above average but still skinny becos stomache not very big
happy.gif

sorry ladies, went for a power nap just now..of late gotta take nap..cannot 'dong' for too long without nap man!! shack!!

hunniepot,
confirm you betroth your gal to my Ryan liao huh!! hiak hiak..

jumbo,
concentrate on bb Nixon first then when time is ripe then look for house lor..actually now with bb Nixon, staying with ILs might be more convinent for you as they'll assist you to take care of bb..unlike for me, we're staying on our own..so after CL left, i'm stranded to look after bb Ryan myself leh..think go toilet also have to carry him with me to toilet!!

Evon,

can start to drink the fish wf papaya soup only during the last month of the 3 trim?? i was actually thinking of trying out this few weeks when i have the time to prepare leh..

Maraquan Draik,

198 abit too tall, rite?? dun worry about bb not turning yet, some will turn at later stage..no worries since your gynae also didn't mention anything, should be ok..

Rach,
i also put on 3kg for the past 1 month. Gynae said ideally is 2kg per month but he said okie lar, probably due to CNY :p

Yr gynae said this wt is consider small ah...No wonder my stomach so small. Everyone said cannot tell i 28 weeks liao though i had put on 11 kg :p think the wt must have all gone to my big thighs and flabby arms

Evon,
Think 1st lesson no exercise ley.. hopefully 3rd lesson oso don't have... my gynae oso didn't tell me wt this time. I am the one who ask him cos i am concern about my small bump.

Terrier,
Mt A got friday class? I didn't know, else should have join friday class instead..

Hunniepot,
Quite true.. last time i so underweight until my mom worried. Then from Pri school onwards i become so overweight :p . My hubby and me consider the fatter type of size but both of us short, me 1.6m he 1.68 so i guess that explains our bb size now..
My hubby oso a soccer fanatic, can wake up 3am to watch match ... so now he super happy got a bb to play with him next time

Gals,
does anyone feel the nausea, lack of appetite and feel like vomitting (like in 1st trimester) recently? Me feeling all this..

Evon

Got any recipe for green papaya with fish??

No lar.. my hb is so close to his family.. if I separate him from them.. like very cruel like that haha.. so I gave in lor..

Guess for bf.. we should still try to let bb latch on even though if got no milk production at the beginning.. at least let bb get used to our smell and nipples? Think standby FM is a must.. heard from my fren who is already a mummy and also my mum...

jumbo

So which means you will be able to leave your job very soon.. since your EDD is drawing near!

Re: coconut drink

My SIL was telling me to drink coconut drink 1 mth b4 EDD.. once a week will do..

maraquan

198 cm abit too tall right? Will be towering over everyone.. go on the train and buses also got problem? sure hit the head on the roof hehe..

Re: tea session

Anyone game?

Rach

Hehe.. ONZ! What is ur hb's surname ah? So I will know how my darling will be addressed next time: Mrs Lim; Mrs Tan; etc; etc...

smurfy

You are not the only one! I feel naueous (but not as bad as 1st trimester) lack of appetite (Not for me.. I wish I have that though.. haha so I wont eat so much!)

My hb also like your hb last time.. can wake up at 3 am to watch soccer match.. but think he has been working late these months so he can't find the energy to do so anymore.. he really utilises the SCV sports channel to the fullest.. will watch golf; wrestling; soccer and sometimes tennis..

My aunts and uncle just came over to my house just now and they commented that I don't look like I'm 8 months preggie.. mabbe cos Im tall so the bump is spread over a larger surface area..

hunniepot.. me cunning lah.. i wanna clear my maternity leave first.. then leave.. wahaha.. maybe come back 1, 2 month then tender lor.. no choice..

if baby can endure till EDD, i'll be start taking my maternity leave mid March.. if not, will be earlier liao.. haven't start washing baby stuff.. will start washing by this weekends..

btw, for baby's diaper and clothes.. wash once enough or have to wash a few times? I've bough the kodomo detergent and softener.. heard someone here saying kodomo smell good huh..

Rach, u can place ur baby in ur master bedroom when go toilet lor.. agreed with u.. have someone at home is good.. although i'm staying with in-laws but i always left home alone.. and caused my hubby worried abt me.. cos he got home only around 8pm, sometime 9pm..

hunniepot, is coconut drink.. not coconut milk.. dun think i will take coconut milk.. high in cholesterol.. wahaha..

talker.gif
<font size="+2">Tea Session</font>
talker.gif

(time &amp; date &amp; venue to be confirmed)

1. Rach
2. Daphne
3. hunniepot

Where do you gals prefer to meet? How about dim sum or Hi Tea?

Evon,
Everythg is fine now i supposed. Thks for asking!
happy.gif

Re Waxing
I m planning 2 go 4 a full brazilian wax nearer to my EDD thou I have nvr done b4. Coz i feel it wun b so messy down there n easier to wash wounds when we r having our lochia after delivery. But wat I m worry abt is d aftergrowth of new hairs. Dunno whether will b pricky anot.

smurfy,

i dun feel naueous nor lack of appetite but i was like my 1st trim now..get tired easily n must nap in the afternoon lor..
i gained 3+kg n my gynae already told me to watch my weight..i went to my gynea 1 week b4 CNY, she told my hb to watch my diet as she's afraid too much weight gain will cos diabetic..but hb will not watch my weight lar..he always ask me to eat n eat!!whaha!!

huniepot,

My hb's surname is boring Lee leh..So your precious gal will be named Mrs Lee lor, like me..so common..

re: tea aession

me no prob

Jumbo,

i intend to wash the bb's clothes n everything end of the month leh..
i also bought the Kodoma detergent n softener..
how come u're always left alone in the house?? your ILs are often out??

hunnipot, take it easy huh.. just pulling ur leg lah.. keke..

Rach, my parent-in-laws are working.. they only home late at nite.. sometime i went to bed liao and they still not home yet.. I reached home around 6.30 everyday straight from work.. do a bit of house chores and wait for my hubby to come home and have dinner with him lor.. my mil will do the cooking in the aftrenoon and i just heat up the food for dinner.. me home alone mum to be.. sad..

do you all experience some liquid leaking from your breast?? my gynae say it is due to the breast preparing for BF.
Think we should get a tin of FM to stand by even thou we are going total BF... this is just in case baby dun want to latch on or you have low supply of BM.

Rach

Haha.. you must treat my gal well yeah! Otherwise I will come after you hehe

jumbo

It is good to have PILs who are still working or have retired.. at least their thinking will be more open with regards to many issues.. better than many MILs who had been housewives all the way.. they are ultra close minded!

Re: colostrum

Have not experienced any colostrum leaking from breasts yet..

Just came back from west mall.. took a cab there and back.. and I only walked ard there for about 30 mins and I am feeling dead tired.. think the 3rd trimester is zapping up all my energy level

hunniepot,

no worries, me very 'kai fang' one..will treat your gal as my own gal..

Alamak, y u go West Mall?? there got things meh?? been a long time since i last went there.. next time u go can jio me?? my parents stay at bukit batok..but i very lazy to go back on my own on weekdays..

Irene,

i experience the liquid leaking only when i try to squeeze lor..else dun have leh..

Rach

Heheh.. my mum stays like about 5 bus stops away from west mall
happy.gif
So I always drop by there one.. will most prob drop by again sometime next week and will jio you along? PM you my mobile no liao... But sure you can travel so far? For me.. I got a direct bus there so not too bad..

Cos was there last week and reserved 2 pairs of pants for hb.. thought I will go there from monday till today.. but didnt go to my mum's place in the end.. they can only reserve the pants for 3 days max.. so no choice got to go there by today lor
sad.gif
then on the way bought food to cook for dinner..

Quite like the shops there.. bought alot of my bb things from Tom&amp;Stephanie, got Aussino; library; kopi-roti; coffee bean.. not bad lar
happy.gif

Terrier,
I just came back from my 1st antenatal class... damn boring... rem to bring pen and paper along.. not provided..

Hunnipot,
If not for the sports channel, i wouldn't subscribe to SCV at all.. no time to watch, waste $. So your hubby support which soccer team ah?

Rach/Hunniepot,
dunny why, just don't feel like eating.. had only bread for dinner just now.. think thats the only thing i love, pregnant or not..

Rach,
My gynae never mention about too much wt gain. Only when i ask him if 3kg is too much, then he said ya, ideally 2kg per month but he said ok lar, CNY mah.. maybe he see that my urine test and blood pressure normal, so he didn't caution about wt gain. Is yours normal?

Rach

Got your email liao
happy.gif

smurfy

My hb used to be a big ManU fan in the past.. but he got quite disappointed with them in recent years.. so now he supports those teams that helps him earn $$.. but he tends to favour Arsenal and Spurs.. and he hopes that Chelsea will lose a match or two.. as it gets very boring watching them win all the time.. your hb leh??

Got to try to eat more leh.. cos at this point in time. bb needs alot of nutrients..

Wow, the thread is running fast...

Jasminetea, we are in the same class and I think you are sitting opp me during the 2nd n 3rd session. Will c u again this sat.

Re: formula milk
my colleagues are advsing me not to buy cos if buy, sure have the tendancies to rely to feed the bb w/ FM. So most likely, I dun think I will buy. No matter how, must BF my bb. The more the bb latch on, the milk will be flowing easily.

Back