(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

May i know where can i do a full brazilian wax??? Full brazilian wax means what? Anyone can recommend me and how much usually it costs? I have never done it before but seem like its more hygiene during giving birth but will it cause any side effect to bb?? When is the best time to do it. Thank you

hunnipot.. me going to soak them tonite and wash them tomolo.. so many things to wash.. i havent buy the beding accessory leh.. like the cot cover sheet, bumper, quilt cover.. one whole set not cheap hor.. saw winniepooh one.. one set $129.. so ex.. where to get nice and cheap one huh??

jumbo

Was sharing with the gals the other time.. you can consdier getting from Aussino.. one set costs $69.90.. still not that cheap but it has got pretty nice embroidery patterns.. can check out the website:

http://www.aussino.com/fw05_sg/products/bedding/babies/beds_babies01.htm

Hey.. though robinsons has got sales now right? 20% but am not sure if the discount applies to the pooh bedding set though..

See the mountain of things to wash.. going to peng san already.. think cos I really bought too many things for my darling already..

aussino design not bad hor.. but will the design very limited?? think will buy one set and ask my mil to make a few lor.. she make a few baby's bolster cover and make few pillow.. she wanna use dry beansprout to make the pillow.. think this week wash nappy and baby's clothes first.. next week wash bedding stuff when i got it..

jumbo

I didn't really have a good look at all the designs.. think those 4 are the few designs I saw.. but no harm taking a look.. wanted to buy initially.. but cos I got 2 bedding sets liao.. but better not anyhow spend money...

Actually we ordered the beansprout pillow from this lady called Celyn (think you can PM her from this thread: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/270192/370111.html?1139420312) or you can add in your order thru the bulk purchase thread at: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/270192/368796.html?1139548195

Or alt, you can get her hp no from preciousbabe? Its quite cheap.. $10 for 1 pillow with baby's name embroided on it some more.. better than getting your MIL to do it I think as it involves quite abit of work.. (see if u can get her to add your orders in for the April_MTB so you can get it faster?)

Re: washing

Yeah man.. think I will also wash bb's clothes either this weekend or next.. towels the following week then the bedding set..

jumbo

We have already ordered it thru a bulk purchase sometime back.. to expedite it.. perhaps you can find out from her if you can add it your order for the April_MTB bulk purchase?

Afternoon all
happy.gif

hunniepot,
I'm fine with any day coz at the moment have not any apptment yet
happy.gif

jumbo,
Celyn will make the pillow and priortise according to EDD. If u join the bulk purchase through the other thread, I'm sure u willbe able to get your pillow earlier than the rest of them as most of them are June MTBs. Or u can call her at this number to see if u can add in your order for the April MTB. As for payment, u have to settle with her on your own as I've already settled the payment the other time when I placed the orders. Celyn: 9786 0380

jumbo,
yup, the other website has nicer designs and I've also asked the mummies here if they wanted that. But our bb will only be using the pillow for a few mths, so no need to get so expensive one lor. Furthermore, if u find the pillow plain, u can go get those iron-on patch works for the pillow.
happy.gif

lol.gif
<font size="+2">Tea Session</font>
lol.gif

1. Rach (any day)
2. Daphne (anyday except 23rd)
3. preciousbabe (any day)
4. Evon (20th - 22nd)
5. hunniepot (any day)
6. Juzmaine (only 24th)

Suggested venue: Cafe Cartel @ Raffles City
Tentative timing: 2 pm
Date: TBA

Hmm.. Evon, would it be possible for you to come out to Raffles City on the 24th? Still need to eat lunch right even though you've got to keep an eye on that trouble-maker guy at your office?
happy.gif

jumbo

The thread is started by Hidora.. but Celyn is the supplier of the beansprout pillow.. so it will be better if you can pm Celyn directly.. or better still.. give her a call at the number that preciousbabe just gave you
happy.gif

oh ok.. got it.. have u gals got the pram for ur babies already?? i'm thinking of getting one.. but my mil said dun need so rush.. but me wanna ask around for recommendation first then dun have to decide impulsively when in need..

yo ladies,

i'm back!! went to tampines mall this morning then walk for about 1hr then very tired liao..quickly go home n rest..think i'm getting too heavy, walk abit then tired liao.. reach home, rest then do soem housechores..now got time to log in..

me have not bought spare bedding for bb yet..only have the set that comes with the cot..still have not got the cot to be delivered, thinking of getting it delivered mid march,think is ok hor..

me have yet to take out bb's clothes n wash leh..guess my not doing so early yet..maybe end of month then start washing..as i'll be using only diapers, so i got much lesser items to wash..

Rach.. think might be better if you can get the cot earlier? Cos need to air it leh.. mine had got a very strong smell.. so am airing it now..

jumbo
The kiasu MTB here bought everything in 2nd trimester liao hehe..

jumbo,

i've oredi bought pram liao!! me very kiasu..hiak hiak.. i bought peg perego pram for my boy..it's abit on the heavy side lor..abot 8kg, but i dun mind cos it's more spacious n can tahan up to 50kg..next time go shopping, mummy tired can ask daddy to wheel mummy also mah..haha!!

hunniepot,

you mean the cot got smell arh..thot air the mattress can liao leh..alamak!!
then think maybe next week will go down to BB Hyperstore to double check on the design n confirm the cot lor..then arrange for delivery..
was thinking delivery earlier then i have to clean the cot every now and then..very ma fan..hiak hiak..lazy mummy

Rach

Cos got woody smell mah... like how new furniture smells when we first got it.. same case.. so got to air it.. as the smell is very strong..

jumbo

I bought the combi pram.. 6.4 kg.. reversible front and back..

preciousbabe

Where do you go for your lunch? Jumbo kopitiam issit? Always pass by there whenever I take bus 105..

wow.. u two really fast hand fast leg huh.. got everything ready huh..

I'm thinking of getting combi one too.. but i ever saw a mother leaving her boy (i think around 1 year old) on combi pram.. the boy was quite active, keep moving around and the whole pram was shaking.. i see liao.. like not very durable like that leh.. still looking around..

I got the cot from a friend's colleagues.. just got the mattress from kidy palace.. havent got the bedding accessory yet.. My fil said best to put the cot under the sun... to dry all the vapour inside the cot.. but i dun bother lah.. had move the cot to my mum's place liao.. going to ask hubby to clean the cot when date draw nearer..

hunniepot,

Think'd b fine la.. juz tat i got 2 do chop chop lor.. =p

Scared later the users ask him on some things n this new chap anyhow commit.. then me and my colleague will faint.

jumbo

Think there are different types of combi.. the lightest one is only @ 4.2kg.. and seems quite unstable.. so I got the heavier one..

Think your boy shld be quite big sized judging from both u and your hb's height.. think Rach's peg perego seems good and sturdy.. hopefully the combi pram should be big enough for my gal as she grows bigger

lol.gif
lol.gif

1. Rach
2. Daphne
3. preciousbabe
4. Evon
5. hunniepot
6. Juzmaine

Suggested venue: Cafe Cartel @ Raffles City
Timing: 2 pm
Date: 24th Feb (Friday)

Timing, date and venue ok with everyone?

That PMS one is on leave.... he was not happy /w how showoff tix young chap's trying to do n please everything my boss said; so ended up i got scolded 4 no reason.

Me going to get Combi as well leh. The model is NU5000. Saw in Kiddy Palace and BB Kingdom. But dun intend to buy now as won't b bringing bb out for the first two months.

hunniepot,
yup, went to Jumbo kopitiam...it's the only eating spot around my place unless I want to travel to clementi. And I only eat from the yong tau foo stall downstairs. Imagine eating the same food for abt 5 times per week?? haahaa...
I'm fine with the date and time for the tea session
happy.gif

So the 24th Feb tea gathering on liao!
happy.gif

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif

1. Rach
2. Daphne
3. preciousbabe
4. Evon
5. hunniepot
6. Juzmaine

Venue: Cafe Cartel @ Raffles City
Timing: 2 pm
Date: 24th Feb (Friday)

Evon

Work is just a means of getting income.. try not to get too stressed up by it and the pple you work with.. it is just not worth it.. cos when you get too stressed up.. you might bring it back home and indirectly affect your r/s with your loved ones..

preciousbabe

Eating yong tau foo is very healthy leh.. but eating it 5 times a day is a little too much.. how about walking abit further and go over to Ghim Moh market? At least theres alot more variety there..

Hunniepot, my team lead who stations at elsewhere, was saying the young chap need to b thrown into the fire so tat he got to learn since he still so young.. sigh.. Anyway, he too was not pleased that he did not get the chance to interview the young chap.. some interior poltics..

Guys.. i m the only lady among them leh.. so somehow they juz like 2 get u 2 do things 4 them or act in in-between. Sigh.

preciousbabe

Haha.. think im getting very absent-minded these days.. always type and say the wrong things
kao_shy.gif

Same here.. if I don't go over to my mum's place.. I will end up eating cereal and fruits at home.. simply too lazy to go out and am sick of the food around my area

Do you gals ever feel thumping around your bottom area? It is just regular thumping. Almost everyday i have this feeling together with the bb jerking and kicking in my stomache.

Can the regular thumping be bb having hiccups?

I can feel it when my bb kicks my bladder cos I will then having this very strong peeing sensation whenever she does that..

Yes, Koalarie, something like dat. dun know y?

Hunniepot, i dun have a strong peeing sensation whenever dat happens leh. so hiccups?????

yap yap, hunniepot is rite. I got that regular beatings last week around my tummy area.. so funny, can see my tummy skin jumping 4 few minutes till i ask bb what happened. =p

aiyoh! i going crazy liao. thumping, thumping, then bb kicking, then customer chasing after me and making horrible remarks. 1st time i get so mad in my pregnancy. *grrrrrrr*

daphne

Heheh.. can understand how you feel now cos I was doing sales too when I first got pregnant.. I had customers banging on my table, calling me non-stop even at night and over the weekends, handle customer complaints, had to convince customers to buy products.. deal with their objections.. boss chasing me for sales figures.. had to smile at them when I actually feel like slapping them.. and I had to endure morning sickness and heart palpitations throughout that period too..

Back