(2006/04) April 2006 MTB

about the FM, i think it is best to standby one tin. My friend had difficulty expressing out BM. She said she's producing milk but just can't express it out and had no choice but to rely on FM. Recently, found white thingy at my nipple there but not liquid leh.. semi-liquid i should said.. dunno wat's tat..

Anyone experience lower abdomen pain? These few days experience it, not feeling too good. Is this considered Braxton Hicks contractions??

Hey hunniepot, i also stay not far from westmall.. few bus stop away.. next time u go there can jio rach and me huh.. keke

Smurfy
1st session boring? I hope I don't fall asleep....

Haha...my hubby is oso a crazy liverpool fan...now that he's getting a boy, he oredi been having night lessons with bb on all liverpool players' names everynite....

Hunniepot & Rach
I live in Bukit Batok too...Can you meet too if time permits....
happy.gif

RE: FM
I got a tin from the clinic as standby incase no BM. Anyway, i intend to mix - FM & BM. Me going for Friso. Clinic nurse advise me that most milk contains fats. When looking at the ingredients, go for vegetable fats cause milk itself already has animal fats.

Hunniepot, clinice also advise that Parkway Hospitals usually use Similac FM. If you want your bb to drink other brands of FM, you got to inform them during pre-admission.

jumbo, Rach & terrier

Hehe.. will jio you gals to go west mall next time then!
happy.gif

Haha.. I have been watching almost every soccer match with my hubby.. so I wont be surprised if my gal's first word is GOAL!!

Daphne

Thanks for the info! Hmm.. I was looking ard guardian pharmacy and decided that I might get similac FM.. just a feel that it might be one of the better FMs around..

smurfy,

my urine test and blood pressure normal leh.. guess my gynae abit kiasu lor..scared i put on too much weight, in all i already gained 10kg liao!! imagine..still have sometime more to go before b pop leh..wonder how much more weight i'm going to gain..haiz..

Wau!! quite a few of you mummies to be stay in bukit batok hor..hee..can jio jio go coffee next time when i return to my mum's place..haha!!

lol.gif
<font size="+2">Tea Session</font>
lol.gif

(time &amp; date &amp; venue to be confirmed)

1. Rach
2. Daphne
3. hunniepot

... anyone else...??

Will be held on a weekday..

Rach

My dietician was telling me yesterday to try to maintain my weight from now till delivery!! Tall Order!! How to do that when I am feeling hungry most of the time??

hunniepot,

i can understand how you feel.. cos i'm trying to maintain my weight till delivery also..really tough to maintain especially i got sweet tooth..haha!! i scared to gain too much weight then very difficult to shed off..

Rach

Same here! Can't resist sweet stuffs esp cakes and pastries.. She was also telling me by right we shld take in extra 200 calories per day during 3rd trimester.. but I have put on way too much weight.. so got to maintain...

How do you intend to shed off the weight? Guess I will have to sweat it out at the gym when Im fit to exercise after delivery.. and of course.. breastfeeding too..

hunniepot, same here leh.. my appetite are real good these days.. just cant control myself.. but i'm more to savoury stuff.. and spicy food like curry.. but my mum ask me to stop having chillies cos it will make baby's comlexion bad.. There are few food which i've stop since i'm aware of my pregnancy.. like banana, coffee, durian.. just cant resist curry.. keke.. have u gals think of getting malay lady to do post-natal massage?

hunniepot,

i intend to go for the malay massage after delivery..then see how's the result..i got hb to sponsor me for marie france...but i heard some say the result not really true leh..see how it goes lor..else will hit the gym as well..n do yoga lor..

jumbo,

chillies will make the bb's complexion bad arh..jia lat..i eat curry n laksa quite often leh!! how??

yar, i'll be getting a malay lady to do the post natal massage, oredi 'book' her liao..

jumbo

I have also stopped taking coffee (think I have taken occasionally, and only at the most 5 cups throughout pregnancy) and durian, but why banana? Guess curry is ok.. but don't take too much of it?

I won't be getting malay lady to do the post-natal massage. Guess most of the ladies here will be engaging this service. I will be relying mainly on diet and exercise and bf to get back into shape. U?

Rach

I went to the slimming centre b4.. and it doesn't help at all.. at least for me lar.. the only thing that worked for me was taking reductil (prescribed by doctor).. but not recommended to take that when bf.. so I guess I got to exercise like mad..

Re: Coconut drink
I was told to start at the mid of 8th month and then followed by every week from 9th month onwards. I am trying to find out from some mothers in Sengkang if to drink from the fresh coconut or can we buy those packets one...

Re: Tea session
I prefer just a catch-up on drinks and no dim sum or high tea as I don't seem 2ve any appetite again to eat. So.. a bit of waste of $ 4 me... =(

Re: Baby's weight
So for 28th week, to be ard 1.3kg seems okay la..??? But how come my wgt now gained more than 16kg since pregnancy??? =( So fat..... scared later can't shed off my excess.

So die,die must try to BF.. to get back in shape.

Re: Gynae mentioning on wgt gain of bb
Hmm..looks like most of u did mention the bb's wgt.. Sigh... maybe my gynae too busy to give the most measurement or juz want to address our concerns if bb's normal so she b happily showing our bb's movements and developments.

Re: Fish /w green papaya soup
The moms in sengkang shared /w me that they started taking at mid 8th month leh. But not frequent. Once a fortnight only.

Hunniepot, me got... I've left it in the backseat of the car. Think preciousbabe sent the receipe b4 as well.. let me find if I've time.

= )

Re: FM
I think ..... come worse to worse.. we will buy only then.. think everything got expiry date, rite?

Re: Annetnatal exercise
Heh, smurfy.. strangely ours at TMC 1st lesson already got exercise leh.. strange huh?

Re: nausea, lack of appetite and feel like vomitting
Smurfy, same same for me.. not nausea or vomittting.. but lack of appetite. Don't feel like eating yet still feel hungry. sigh. Then plus the fainting spells.. I kind of ve the same prob yesterday again.. but after taking lime juice and kiwi fruits, the fainting spell was subsidzed.

Me oso getting tired really easily and yet at night could not sleep well.. becoz when I turned sometimes, I can feel bb's elbows/legs at my right/left sides... very scared to hurt bb.

Really feel like going to see TCM to help in my prob... anybody seeing TCM?

Re: Hbs soccer fans
My hb oso another fan... but becoz of work, he has found it hard to stay up late to watch. Normally would only catch the cuts on some channels. Anyway, we terminated the channel after Starhub raises the price of the channel.

Re: Work
Jumbo, you are in permanent posting?

Re: Bblim
Glad that you are fine. = )
Take care la.

Re: Waxing
Ohh.... me too have similar tots leh.. after my cousin and that beautician's sharings. Regards to aftergrowth, think it is better than if the nurses only shave a bit here and there and worse... rite? Juz my tots..

Re: liquid leaking from your breast?
I have some little cramps/hard discharge though.. is that colostrum? Noticed that would've more especially on the eve if I took MV that day.

370162.png

Rach, not sure how true is my mum's words.. but my mil told dun eat too much prawn paste.. one of the ingredients in rojak.. she said will make baby's complexion not nice too.. dunno how true also.. but me not die fan of rojak and laksa.. so still ok.. but just resist curry..

Rach, can tell me more ant the malay post-natal massage package? can pm me if u can
kao_sticktongue.gif

hunniepot, dun think i have the determination on diet and exercise.. me on the plump side.. dun think have any different before and after the whole process.. wahaha..

Kolarie, i'm taking fresh young coconut drink.. dun wanna drink packet or can one.. cos dun wanna have in the preservation too.. I'm on permanent full time as Assistant Engineer in industry servicing company.. thinking of quit the job after deliver.. have been with this company for 5 years liao.. time's up.. keke..

hunniepot,

i heard of people telling me the same thingy also leh..i have not tried b4, but i'll try my best to shed off as much as i can then if really cannot then it'll be my last resort lor..

kolarie, Mdm Rokiah bte Jantan is a Malay post-natal massage lady.. read from other thread.. hear she's not bad..

Re: Prawn's paste
Jumbo/ Rach,
My mil oso said the same leh. So hb dun allow me 2 take oso. Those in Sambal Kangkong and Laska. Becoz no appetite, I can find my cravings in another curry to start my appetite leh.. how???

Re: Rokiah bte Jantan
Hi Jumbo, thx. Me got already. Mine is Rohaya. Her charges not cheap but heard she really effective and careful and understanding for moms after birth.. so want to try her service.

Re: Work
Jumbo.. so ur coy got maternity expenses that can claim oso lah? My x coy ve that for all female.. For me, a bit tricky as I m contract staff. Think my contract would be renewed but i dun like the idea of being contract staff.

rach, thanks.. will check it out in a while..

kolarie, u got urs liao huh?? mind shring with me your package? I read from other thread.. Rokiah charges $300 for 5 sessions.. i also dunno the market rate.. wanna survey around first..

My company dun have benefit for maternity one lah.. my working environment is all guys.. company only got 4 females nia, including me.. I'm the only one who's married and going to become mummy.. This is the first time my company handling mum to be also..

Hey gals..any of u got very bad toothache? I dunno y yesterday got so intense pain in my gums n jaws till I can't sleep..dunno is toothache or not enough calcium

Re: Malay Massage
Jumob, I got Mdm Rohaya for 7 sessions (1h/each) at 490. She dun seem 2 give discount though intro by my gf. She's rather popular n told me that normally she only allows herself to b booked by fixed number of moms so that she can ve proper time mgmt for the moms she has agreed to help working on. That was rather honest n nice of her to tell me that.

You may want to try calling her to see if she is still available.94506374.

Re: Bad toothache?
Babe, I've problems /w my gums. Seem 2b swollen. N yesterday accidentally bite myself and got mouth ulcer now... =(

Evon

Sama sama.. my weight gain about 16+ kg liao... bb weight at 29th wk only 1.1 kg.. so almost all the weight went to me..

Re: <font size="+2">Tea Session</font>

Think we will just change it to a weekend and just drinks? What do you gals think?

jumbo

Eh.. I'm same as you.. I'm plump even b4 pregnancy.. now lagi worse.. one of my friends called me a giant pregnant woman (damn insensitive right?)

Re: toothache

Babe.. have not experienced toothache at all.. perhaps you can go see your dentist?

babe, u may like to see dentist for ur gums.. last week i got pain on my gums too.. think lack of calcium.. cos after taking the calcium supplement, the pain gone..

koalaris, have u meet her?? is she big size?? cos i'm on the big size.. dunno can she manage me or not.. keke..

Afternoon!!

Had a shock last night in the midst of my sleep. Was trying to change sleeping position and then suddenly felt a sharp pain shot through my body and it started from the lower abdomen. Thought it was only a cramp and I tried shifting again but the pain came back and lasted for abt 5 min. In the end, I cannot tahan and screamed for hb to wake up to help me massage the pain away. After the pain went away, I didnt dare to try to change sleeping position liao. Slept on my right throughout the whole night, now having stiff shoulder on my right.
sad.gif

Jumbo,
I also loved savoury food especially laksa and curry. Just had laksa yesterday and curry last week leh. My mum told me not to eat too much coz of the coconut milk that will cause wind but not the prawn paste.

Re: Colostrum
Up till now, I still havnt got any discharge. Hmm...so what I predicted is true leh. Big breasts not equal to more milk. Looks like I have to start drinking the papaya fish soup liao

Some Traditional Chinese Recipes Believed To Improve Milk Flow in Lactation

Fish and Papaya Soup
---------------------------
200g green (unripe) or semi-ripe papaya
a few pieces of fish bones or 1 whole fish eg. carp, snakehead, seabream, pomfret or kurua fillet
a few slices of ginger

Scale and clean fish
Simmer together with pieces of papaya and ginger for 1/2 hour till soft
Remove bones before serving

Lettuce with Rice Wine
--------------------------
200g lettuce leaves
30-50cc of chinese rice wine
meat stock

Cook lettuce briefly in a little soup
Add salt and rice wine
Eat both soup and lettuce

Logan and Red Dates Tea
-----------------------------
10 pieces of dried logan flesh
10-20 pieces of dried red dates(seeds removed)
4-5g tang-kwei(angelica sihensis) optional

Boil and simmer ingredients in 4-5 cups of water for 45 min to 1hour till liquid is fragrant and tasty
Drink throughout the day

Kidney Fried with Lily Flower
---------------------------------
200g kidney, clean and sliced
20g dried lily flower
few pieces of ginger
vegetable oil
dash of rice wine

Stir fry kidney slices in oil with ginger. Add lily flower and seasoning

precious babe, ask ur hubby to massage ur shoulder.. may feel better.. i got lower abdomen pain since yesterday also.. but the pain is come and go.. for several times till this morning..

I nvr had laksa for so long liao.. even before preggy.. afraid of the coconut milk.. but only eat my mil curry cos she use skimmed milk instead of coconut milk.. when i'm out still will eat a bit lah.. just control myself not to have too much..

My mum made white fungus soup with red date for me once a week.. the nutrient of white fungus is similar to bird nest.. so dun need to eat such expensive stuff.. keke..

Re: white fungus soup with red date

Jumbo, rite.. my gf oso got mentioned on tat. U got the receipe of tat? Thinking of making myself 2 drink.

preciousbabe

Thanks for the recipe! It sure will come in handy
happy.gif

Not too sure how true it is.. but I remembered my sec. 4 bio teacher telling us that bigger breasts will tend to have lesser milk production.. as there are more fats pressing against the milk ducts.. thus restricting the milk flow..

My mum also told me that she did not have any colostrum during pregnancy.. but she had lots of milk after she delivered.. so much that she was even awarded a certificate for donating breast milk to other babies hehe

koalarie, i've to ask my mum for the recipe leh.. cos she made for me.. but i saw her just dump everything into the container and double boil (dun4) lor.. and boil till the white fungus soft.. the softer the better.. can add dry longgan and and gou-qi-zi. or alternative, can make the white fungus soup with dry longgan, bai-guo, red dates.. one is my mum's recipe.. one is mil's recipe.. both nice.. will steal their recipe liao then let u know..
happy.gif

Hi Evon

The recipe for white fungus with red dates as follows:

1. white fungus
2. red dates
3. rock sugar

- Soak white fungus in water till soft and white in colour
- Mix white fungus, red dates &amp; rock sugar in water and bring to cook in slow cooker..

- You can also add in dried longans; lotus seeds (lian2 zi3) and hong (2) zao (3) if you want to

Re: Tea
Me got no problem eitherway. Thks, hunniepot for organising.

Re: Pain
Me not sure whether me pain similar to yours, preciousbabe. But i had it several times and now, touchwood, bo liao. First time i had it, i had problem sitting down, getting up and lying down. Went to see gynae and had a scan. he said no cyst no problem. In the end, he ask me to monitor and after dat, when the pain came, juz took it in my stride. *basically dun care*.

hunniepot,
if weekends, then most probably i can't make it cos my weekends are reserved for family day leh..sorri..

jumbo,
i heard from a friend, she also told me that white fungus has got the same nutritious value as birds' nest..

Rach

No problem.. aiyah.. just stick to original plan liao.. meet for coffee over the weekday..

So far..
1) Rach
2) Daphne
3) hunniepot

preciousbabe &amp; bblim

You gals able to make it? Most prob meet in town area over a weekday afternoon..

Re: Tea session
Not evening?? =(
Well, if I can meet it for a while by not taking lunch.. think'd b fine la.. here working hours quite flexible, except dun b too flexible else got complained.

Re: white fungus with red dates

Thanks, Hunniepot for the receipe. U tried making urself b4? Somebody told me to clean the white fungus not easy.

Jumbo, thanks for the offer. Must've tasted nice. Think RP here the dessert sells.. i check out 2morrow during lunch.

preciousbabe, Rach, Daphne

Which day is convenient for you gals? Lets meet up the week after next during lunch time?

I'm ok with any day..

Evon

What time is your lunch time and how long can you get away from office?

lol.gif
<font size="+2">Tea Session</font>
lol.gif

1. Rach
2. Daphne
3. preciousbabe
4. Evon
5. hunniepot

Shall we meet up for the tea session the week after next?

Suggested venue: Cafe Cartel @ Raffles City
Tentative timing: 2 pm
Date: TBA

Ladies, let me know which day you prefer to meet up yeah?

Pain:
My gynae asked me got any problem during the last visit and I said no. The next day, I experience the pain again. This time the two pain I experience is one hour apart, so I just ignore.

Meetup:
I think I cannot meet up with you gals because everybody dun allow me to go anywhere alone. They are afraid that my pain will come again.

Re: Tea Session

Week after next meaning between 20 - 24 rite? any day is fine with me except 23 - running errands and seeing my gynae. Thks

hunniepot, my colleague not in office on 23 n 24th so i guess i nd 2 make sure i b ard then else the new chap going 2 give lots of prob 2 us.
The rest of the dates re fine.

Hi ladies,
Wow, tea gathering! But I can only make it on 24th cos me on leave dat day (so-call clearing leave), the rest of the days gotta work leh...
370466.gif

Thanks ladies.. I'm fine with anyday also.. preciousbabe.. how about you? Which day is convenient?

I just started taking out my bb things.. and gosh.. didn't realised how many things I have bought for bb till now! Got so many things to wash.. bb clothes, towels, nappies, cot / quilt cover sheets.. think it will be a good idea to start washing bit by bit now.. instead of washing all at one go.. can be quite shiong.. esp for those ladies who intend to hand wash them

Back