(2006/02) Feb 2006 MTB

vonvon,
U lost weight before gaining 1.5kg right? I think u should include the weight u gain back + 1.5kg.

Not possible to gain only 1.5kg. Hopefully yr weight will shoot up at 3rd tri.

Bulma,
Yr weight gain quite fast hor? Must watch out woh. If not, u may gain 20kg by the time u r due. Its not easy to shed u know?

babycutie,

I'm not sure how I should calculate my weight gain. I was 47kg before I was preg. Then I lost 2kg in 1st tri, now at 48.5kg. So, if ppl as how much I'd gain in this pregnancy so far, should I say 1.5kg or 3.5kg??? Thought we are supposed to compare against our pre-preg weight?

I have gained about 3.2kg so far at 21 weeks. To begin with, I was quite petite at 43.4kg pre-pregnancy.

I gained about 11kg for my boy boy the last time. Anyway, as long as all of us eat healthy foods, we preggies sure will gain weight lah, just a matter of how much. Importantly, dun miss the 3 main meals and also eat proper foods during these 3 meals, I think we should be fine.

This morning I measured myself, I am 31.5 inches. But I look damn big because I am short. Hahahah.

Anyone knows if NTUC Unity still selling Neurogain at $29+? My friend said she cant help me buy from her gynae because he is running low on stocks. Her gynae selling at $26 only, the cheapest I can find! Unless I call up Guardian Pharmacy and tell them I wanna buy in bulk.. hopefully can get good price! Just curious, anyone interested to share?

haha babycutie
no worries.
Von von and sunshine kid,
so good that you gain that much.
I am kinda of worry how 2 slim down and
squeeze back on my clothes.
I wouldn't wan to change my whole wardrobe like my other friend.

<font color="aa00aa">vonvon</font>,
compared to pre-preg weight, u gain only 1.5kg. But overall u have gain 3.5kg because u have gain back the weight u have lost and additional 1.5kg. I think yr bb will be small by full term. And I guess yr stomach is not big either right?

<font color="0077aa">sunshinekid</font>
Wow u only gain 3.2kg. What is yr height? U must be the small size one. How old is yr boy now? Is he smaller size compared to other kids his age?

Not sure about Neurogain at NTUC Unity. I got it from my gynae at $29.

oscar,

I just want to have normal weight gain, nothing too much nor too less.
happy.gif

babycutie,

But during my detailed scan when I asked the sonographer on the size of my bb, she said bb's size is ok. She didn't say bb too small leh.

My tummy is now at 33.5". I think it's average size. Don't find it small but rather pointed.

Vonvon,
So u r having boy? sorry I did not monitor the chart that ivory has compiled. Ppl says if tummy pointed means having boy, if tummy rounded means having girl. Which I agree because my tummy looks diff compared when I had my girl.

babycutie
mine is boi but i fl my tummy rounded lei.... but the sell drink auntie say mine is pointed...dunno how to see lei

sunshinekid
yeah lor so sinful right sigh.....anyway today already started off with vegtarian bee hoon then lunch is mee tai bak soup...then dinner maybe eat something light also lah and no snacks hee hee eat nut okie or not cashew nut?? fattening?

Aiyoh all your gain seem small ah my weight gain at 19 week is 5 kg. Then now i am 22 weeks liaoz but i also don't know how much weight gain next wednesday will know then i let you guys know but i belong to the put on weight very fast type hee hee :p

<font color="aa00aa">Babycutie</font>

I am about 1.55m, not very tall lah. My boy is not considered smaller as compared to his peers in childcare. In fact, he is the tough sort, though not fat. He is coming to 3 YO this December.

I cant really tell if my tummy is rounded or pointed. But the last time, my tummy was sort of pointed.

My gynae selling Neurogain at $32.

<font color="ff6000">bulma</font>,
look at yr bare tummy (front view) in the mirror. Does it only protude out in the middle? How about both side of the side (near the waist area)? Does it also protude out or still the same?

When I had my girl, my tummy really look rounded lor. Not only the front protrude, the side also protrude a little. But this time, only the front protruded and not much change at the side lor.

That's how they see.

<font color="119911">keitong</font>
Its good to start slow. Because our bb will grow in size very fast at later stage of our pregnancy.

sunshinekid

I am seeing Dr Chew at Mt. E, expecting a boy. So far gain 5 kg already. This is my 3rd bb, so trying to eat wisely as the 1st one I gained 20kg.

I cant tell if my tummy is pointed or rounded. Think too early lah....

sunshinekid

yes, ntuc unity is selling neurogain at $29. i buy from them too. My gynae sells it at $28, but have to include GST. After GST, become more ex.

Hi Sunshinekid,

last week I went to enquire at Unity... They say the price of neurogain is $29+, but they dun have stock that time.... But can reserve for me.

I went to Toa Payoh last weekend, and saw one small pharmacy shop selling at $28, so I bought from there. I cant rem the name of the shop liao...

KK is selling it at $31. I used to buy from KK.

BTW, my weight gain is 4.3kg at 19+ weeks...

ya babycutie, and later on easier to shed too hehe..

anyway forgot to intro myself..i'm into 22 weeks and having a girl.

sunshinekid,
We r almost same height lah....kekeke...But I am bigger size than u... U r 46.6kg and I am 53.1kg now. So I am 5kg heavier than u.....hehehehehe...

Gals,

How often do you feel baby's kicks? I havent feel my baby's kick today and I am paranoid, though most of the time my girl girl is more active at night.

sunshinekid,
my boy has been kicking since morning. Only stops at interval which I guess he is asleep.

Don't worry lah. Maybe yr girl is sleeping soundly leh.... She will kick later..

sunshine kid

my boy kicks me everyday. Last night didn't get to sleep well coz he was kicking thru the night. sigh.

How many weeks are u now? I think later have to start monitoring the kicks. If don't feel kick for a day, gotta see gynae immediately.

hi all
hee...i gain 6 kg at 17 weeks :p
ops dunno how heavy I am nw, dun dare to weight
hee...my bb will move awhile after I had my meals

for those 2nd or 3rd time mummies here,
just ask u all, gt use epidural during ur previous pregnancy?
isit encourage for us the 1st time mummies here?

i don't know how much my gyna charge for neurogain alone hee hee :p I paid $44 i think for calcium, sangobin and neurogain

Valerie,

Actually hor its not good to use epi leh. Because our spine is our 2nd brain. Of course have to depends on bb position. Usually labour for bb in anterior is shorter. However if bb is in posterior position, labour can take quite long with backache.

Also have to depends on how fast our cervix opens. And the symptom of birth. If waterbag burst and labour is long, usually gynae will induce with oxytocin to let the cervix opens faster.

If pain occurs before waterbag burst, then have to depends on how our pain tolerance are.

I die die also din use epi during my 1st birth. My waterbag burst at wee hours and by the time I reach hospital my cervix opens 4cm liao and I don't have any pain. It was around 5am when I reach hospital. When my gynae arrives at 9am, my cervix still at 4cm. He induce me and my contraction starts at 9.30am. At first the pain was mild and gradually it becomes so painful... (really very painful hor). I took painkiller jab on my thigh....but it really doesn't help much lor..... Luckily by 1.05pm, my girl come out liao.....So my labour pain is about 3.5hr only lor....

Etelle,
Yr gynae charged for all pills given?

My gynae don't charge for cal and iron pills. Its included in his package. I only pay for additional supplement besides the cal and iron pills which is normal routine.

U r not online.

wah Babycutie
envy u leh only 3.5 hrs of labour
I dun mind nt taking epi if mine is short labour as urs
but what will happen to our spine if we use epi?
hmm...I also dunno leh...will ask my gynae for opinion
anyway thks
happy.gif

Val,
Nothing will happen to our spine lah. Just that if in future there is any brain dead (choi choi choi), our spine is an alternative to save us mah.

Yeah better check with yr gynae for opinion.

I also dunno how to cope with the pain for my 2nd one....kekeke.... I hope I can go without epi also. And hv to depends on bb position lor.

Hi babycutie,

Yup, I'm having a boy. When I look at myself in the mirror, I only see my tummy protruding out. The side of my tummy no change at all. My mum also said my tummy pointed.

I'm not sure if I can tahan without epi but will definitely try to 'ren' as much as I can.

Hi babycutie
that was when i haven't sign package. After i signed package i don't know whether it will be charged or not will know next wednesday hee hee :p

Valerie
i think will cause back aches and then spine pain when u r old leh and it be so aching until buay tahan i think....so if u all can ren better try not to take epi

Etelle,
U sign package so late? I sign package at around 7 wks and gynae charged $600 which I find reasonable. If sign at 12 wks, the charge will be $550.

I also heard about the backache when we grow old if we take epi.

oooh i sign package only when i'm 19 wks or so leh....Hmmm how come can sign so early one...u mena u sign for $600 then all the way it covers ur visit till give birth ah? Does he do ultra scan for you every visit how frequent is ur visit?

I ate healthily today but dinner took a snack curry puff which was unhealthy but that's just it. I am feeling bloatedness now wondering why. Gosh. Must be the food i have taken. So full feel like throwing up....gosh no digestive stuff at home to relieve it...

It depends on individual gynae. Some gynae's package only starts at 20 wks. Some starts at 14 weeks.

There are 2 options for my gynae. Sign at 12 wks at $550 or before 12 wks at $600. And yes it covers till I give birth. He scan at every visits which is once a month from 12 wks till 32 wks will be twice a month then subsequently once a month lor.....

The machine he uses is quite updated. Can hear bb heartbeat also.

This does not include delivery charges hor....
Think his normal delivery charges is around $600 - $700, as for C Section, I can't remember liao.

wow babycutie
then ur gynae is cheap lor...hee hee mine only starts from 20th week then ah the delivery charge is 1050 i think
happy.gif

By the way girls i measured my tummy about 38 inches now...wow big hor if i sleep slightly slouch i can feel the strain on the tummy and sitting up straight feels better...anyone feeling the weight of the tummy already???

Etelle
So I am not the only 1 feel the strain on tummy... my tummy still at 36" leh!
I got to put a pillow below my tummy to sleep loh... but warm lah

Next Mon, I am going for my checkup again. This round, I need to decide which hospital liao... Is it normal to choose hospital so early? Or my gynae is too efficient? haha

yesterday, I was feeling really bloated but dun care, just go and sleep. this morning wake up ok liao. actually, must weigh at the same time every day. weigh at night and weigh in the morning diff of about 1 kg leh!

siewlng/etelle
wat u all mean by feel strain on tummy? mmmm dunno i fl or not, i usually rather insensitive until pple say then i try to feel haha

i hvnt measure my tummy but last mon i measure is at 37.5" ah

siewlng
is it ...yah alittle like i don't know how to describe the feeling i dun experience it everyday lah but yesterday experience again have to lie on side and when trying to switch to the other side can feel alittle cramp in the tummy...I think my gynae side very fast ask me which hospital liaoz hee hee :p

Claire
night or morning heavier?

BUlma
i measured liaoz as of yesterday night my tummy is 37.5 i feel heavy and tummy big now but my movements are still swift leh ha ha my colleagues all said wow you very active and not weak at all good. hee hee :p

Etelle,
Should be night heavier and morning lighter I guess.

I did not measure my tummy recently so dunno what size now. I only know this time I carry a higher tummy than my previous preggy.

So far no problem with sleeping. Still can turn from side to side without much effort. The only time when I feel that my tummy is heavy is after meals. Especially walking up the overhead bridge after lunch. Very chuan after climbing 20 over steps of stairs lor....hehehe... But I have no problem climbing up the same stairs when I goes to work in the morning before any meals. Can even climb faster than non-preggy......hahahaha...

Back