(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

Re: Saby
I can understand the pain and anxieties the parents are going thru' now. It's really very heart wrenching to see yr own baby struggling anf fighting for her life. I have been thru' it. And yes, I pray for healing and miracle for Saby. Mommies, keep on praying and believing!

Re: Soy Sauce and Adult Food
I started to add sauce and some stock in my son's food when he was about 10 months old. He was a fussy eater until I started to season his food a little. He still doesn't eat a lot but at least he finishes about 3/4 of whatever I cook. I would rather he eats something savoury than not eating at all. I agree with Mamachan that everything should be given in moderation. Right now, my son loves to eat off my plate during dinner. And we also give him some outside food when we dine out. Like what some mommies said here, it's really depends on how comfortable you are with what you give to yr child. Btw, I heard that a lady who fed her 4 year old child with some coke. Someone happen to see it and reported to the police. She was fined and given a warning for feeding coke to her child! So scary!

Mashy Brainz
Congrats....you must be so happy to see yr boy walk! I am still waiting for my boy to walk independently.

Tabby,
Congrats of passing ur exams! Now u can rest well for ur #2 and also spend more time with Tabby before #2 arrive.

Mashy,
Congrats.. busy time to come.. hehe..

RE: Sabie
Really hope she can pull thru this 24hrs. Hope she will fight bravely as her parents and all the mummies here had not giving up hope yet.

Tabb,
Congrats on passing your exams!

Tracy,
I have transferred the money. Pls check.

Update:
Yipee! I can finally go home tomorrow. My hb is coming back earlier from Indonesia! Been staying at my mum's place and really miss home.

Gathering prayers...pls pray for baby samantha pls...

Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 1:03 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi everyone, just wanted to give an update on Sabie, she was in surgery from 3:30 pm till 11:30 pm today. Operation went well but she bled a lot during the surgery (much more than expected) and she lost a lot of blood... doctors are a bit worried about it. so far they say she is in very critical condition for the next 2-3 days and they are hoping the bleeding will stop by tomorrow. They did not close up the chest because the heart is swollen and due to the bleeding.

Please please pray that the bleeding will stop...

Thank you.

Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 11:40 am:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone, just a quick one...just came out of ICU, sabie is much more stable now than last night. The bleeding has stopped but now the problem is her kidney is in shock and she isn't passing urine. They will do dialysis on her later and also infuse more blood trying to get the kidney back up working.

She looks ok, still heavily sedated. X-rays are better than last night and for now the lungs are clear.

We're praying for continued recovery with no more complications.

Thank you very much for the support, James and I really apprecaite it very very much!

Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2007 - 10:06 pm:

Hi everyone... thanks for all the jia you!!

Just got home after being chased home by hb and my dad. The doctors have been able to find the source of the bleeding and have stabilized it, and the blood is starting to clot normally already, so we're hoping past that hurdle. Doctors also said renal failure isn't unexpected so they're not worrying about that (as per what Jules said above, thanks!)

we're hoping for continued progress and no more unexpected complications. doctors have warned that we are not yet out of the woods but are a bit more comfortable with her position now. Please continue to pray for her.

Posted on Friday, April 13, 2007 - 11:29 pm:

hi everyone, it's been a tough day... from seeing sabie doing well this morning, she's not doing so well now. her left lung has collapsed due to fluid buildup, most likely caused by renal and liver failure. her kidneys had too much of a shock and she has not yet pee'd in 2 days, and her liver is not functioning and not making the blood clotting agent so she is still bleeding. The doctors have decided not to close her chest yet because her heart is swollen again due to too much fluid.

chenoa: i went to but but slept on and off... until about 5 am then i slept and woke up at 8 am and jumped up to go to the hospital! haven't filed for leave, my boss told me to stay off for as long as i needed.

thanks to everyone for their prayers. we really need it now. they don't dare take sabie off the paralysis medication because her chest is still open so she's still drugged out. please pray for her kidney and liver to start functioning soon...

Sms from Patsy as @ 9.10am

They are (surgeon) closing her chest now. Hoping its a good sign

please keep those prayers gng! tks a million

Sms from Patsy as @ 1.41pm

Just want to share some good news, the Surgeon has closed Sabie's Chest, lungs are ok now and she is gng to be off anesthesia also. Kidney and liver still not functioning. Please continue to pray.

Posted on Saturday, April 14, 2007 - 11:17 pm:

hi everyone, thank you for your prayers, we need them now more than ever, she's not doing well... doctors not sure if she'll make it.

Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 12:12 am:

Latest SMS from Patsy as @ 12am.

They just had to shock Saby's heart 3 times because the heart rate went up to 200. Meds given to bring it down. Please pass on msg and help pray

Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 1:05 pm:

Sms from Patsy @ 12pm

We really need alot of prayers now. Sabie has deteriorated more and the blood acid is destroying her organs due to poor circulation. She is going on a bypass moachine now to help the situation but now we ran the risk of her bleeding out. Please pray for her

another update from Patsy...

Saby on bypass machine now, the next 48 hours are very critical. Please pray for no bleeding & no infection.

Posted on Sunday, April 15, 2007 - 6:50 pm:

Sms for Patsy @ 6.30pm

just to update, Saby seems to be responding to the bypass and hemo dialysis. She is still in critical condition but least her blood chemistry is better than this morning

Sabie's heart is stil not working, BP is dangerously low, blood chemistry going down wards again. Doctors saying it looks bad but I'm hoping prayer can intercede.

Sabie is having multiple organ failure now. We need a miracle.

All medication to saby has exhausted and bleeding everywhere. Hoping
bleeding does not occur in her brain, and will lead to brain damage.
Its not really a piece of good news compared to now. I choose not to
reveal a moment ago, worrying mummies would not be able to take it.
That is why we are asking for a Prayer with Miracle.

Saby is now on 100% oxygen but only taking in 10%. Her grandparents
are worried sick and so are Sarah & James.

We needed a turn badly tonite, please pray for a miracle to happen.
Pray for our Merciful & compassionate God to heal Saby

PLS PRAY & GOD... pls hear our prayers!!

Last call for Wed Playgroup at CCK - 18 Apr
What time is good for you all ? After kids's lunch at home then come my place for late lunch for adults ? Or all come lunch at the same time.
1) Chicken little - Aden
2) Mamachan - Daren
3) Tabbiesus - Tabitha ?
4) Sleepingdeer - Shannon ?
5) Rena - elijah
6) Valerie - Kirsten ?

I'm recovering from stomach flu so not sure if will be able to go on Wed. Just put my name down first.

re: Sabie
It's so heartpain to read the thread. Praying for a MIRACLE!

SL
Hows Charmaine's first official day at declare?

Babylon,
Oic, yes no harm looking around since the job market is hot now. Good luck for your interview!

SY
I guess bbs do have their preferences, even we adults do. Mel is the opp, she doesnt like meat and prefers veg. She doesnt like pasta and mee sua too. Personally I think is ok to give porridge for all meals, maybe just give different ingredients for lunch and dinner. Alternatively if he likes pasta maybe u can get your maid to batch cook and freeze the sauce if it's too much a trouble for her to cook everyday.

Re: self feed
So far Ive not let Mel self feed an entire meal, only will give her some rice to feed herself when we having dinner or my mom wants to keep her occupied when shes cooking.

ChickenLittle
Im okie with 12.30. Will call u if I cant find the place

Denmy,
Oh Keenan is a tall boy. Humm, could it be that Keenan can sense that bb bro is arriving soon & feeling insecure? Or it could be teething cos gum is prob sore and uncomfortable. Any sign of early delivery?

Sunny
I think PD may use nebulizer but only if its serious I think.

Tabbiesus
CONGRATULATIONS! So now you are a fully qualified Ophthalmologist
happy.gif

Yuki
Hang in there, must be tough on you to handle 2 unwell kids

Mashy
Must be excited to see your boy walk but your live will never be the same again, will be busy busyheehee

SSF,
Yes, Keen also will cry when I carry another baby. Think he's gonna be the super jealous type. Will let you know how he copes next week after his bb bro ariives.
happy.gif

SY, sleepingdeer,
I went back to the office today and when I called home to check on Keen's eating, my helper said that he finished all his dinner!!! We actually gave him adult food. 4 tablespns of rice with steamed egg & tofu (minus the salt) & soup (shin of beef with lotus root, green beans, dried octopus & dried madarin orange peel-- I got this recipe from a chinese cookbook)... I think he has decided to stick w/ adult food but hb thinks he's just starving from 4 days of hunger strike. Will see if he takes to adult food again tmr. *fingers crossed*

Flo,
Nope, no sign of early delivery so far.. and please don't let it happen too. I am absolutely not prepared at all!!!

Tabbs,
Congrats on passing your exam. Now you can enjoy pregnancy and Tabby.
happy.gif

RE: Jealousy
Oh no, just discovered that Jamie is jealous of her daddy. Last night Jamie refused to sleep, so I told her Daddy is going to sleep already and I patted hubby a few times. She started crying loudly. And hubby tried again by pretending to lie on my shoulder like she always does. She cry out loud again. She will then crawl over to me and push Daddy away. Any baby having the same reaction of jealousy against hubby?

Hi

Hi mommies
Thanks for the congrats.

RE: sabie
I feel so sad for the parents and i can't imagine what the she's going thro now... i am really praying very hard... when i read the excerpts part of my med knowledge tells the poor prognosis, but i have faith in the Lord that out of this there will be some hope and some healing for the family. Will continue to pray hard.. i really dare not read the thread....

Congrats mashy, Caeden has taken his first few steps... soon you'll be chasing him around!!

juz have a quick browse thru the posts...

so so heartache to read little Sabie's ordeal...
kao_cry.gif

let's all continue to pray faithfully for her recovery and also for her family to stay strong and healthy too.... :-(
Will be fasting for these three days n keep her in my prayers....

Juz something to share:- Eshley started to walk independently at 15mths too... now she's trying to climb stairs..**Faintz....**

SOME UPDATES ON SABIE

Sms from Patsy @ 6:35am,
Sabie made it through the night, body still not accepting the oxygen, her right leg is blackish now. But as long as she is breathing, we can still pray for a miracle.

Esh,
Your gal is climbing up stairs on her own already? Mine with support can climb up but still cannot go down.

Nope, not on her own, not so fast, but she's finding it fun to try to step juz a step up on the platform n then step down again n keep repeating it for about 20-40 times.... (of course we are holding both her hands juz in case she falls.....)
*faintz....*

mashy
congrats! it's really happy to see our kid starts walking hor?
happy.gif

tabbie
congrats! now you can sit back and relax liao. i dare not take anymore course 'cos really scare can't take the challenge. :p

re: sabie
jia you jia you

flo
my gal has no more cough liao. but still got phlegm in the throat. will see how tonight.

Wed Playgroup at CCK - 18 Apr
1) Chicken little - Aden
2) Mamachan - Daren
3) Tabbiesus - Tabitha ?
5) Rena - elijah
6) Valerie - Kirsten ?

What time is good huh ?

Hi Flo,

Thanks. It is indeed tough to handle two unwell kids. However reading about Saby, i think all these are nothing compare to what patsy and James are going thru.

Hi all Christians mummies,

I would like to suggest this. Why don;t we fix a time, say 12 noon today, regardless of where we are, we take these five minutes to say a prayer for Saby and her parents. There is power in agreement and if we all pray at the same time......... you know, mass prayers......... We can only do this bit for them.

I will suggest the same in some other threads and get more people to pray together at noon today.

Jealous Baby
my sister just delivered her bb in Feb. So initially when we visited her at the hospital and when we (me and HB as well as my parents) carried my niece, Caleb cried and refused to let us carry her.
My sis had her confinement at my mum's place (where caleb is during the day). Initially he refused to let my mum care for my niece, but we told him that this is mei mei and u must sayang mei mei.. We preach this to him every day.
So now, very proud to say he has accepted her in his life. Whenever she cries, he will be the 1st one to rush to her. Then he will throw in a toy for her to ask her to stop crying.
So i think not to worry abt them not accepting their new sibling. They will gradually.

tabbiesus - wow good news! go and have a good dinner and reward yourself. now u have more time for your gal and baby to come.

yuki - i read in the papers today that HFMD is on the rise. so scary...meanwhile, hang on there. they are on the road to recovery.

mamapanda - ya i am preggy. oh must avoid is it? haha..i dun know and frankly eat everythg for my second bb. just had char kway teow yesterday and sinfully eat a couple of 'ham' :p

mashy - hee congrats on ur boy walking. i still remember the look on my face when caleb started walking too. the feeling is really priceless!
happy.gif

SH - can understand how u felt staying at ur mum hm and just feel that your own hm is more comfortable. my hb will be travelling next week and i will be at my mum hse again the whole week. so sianz...

may - so far no signs of jealousy for hb ...only other babies. jamie is so funny...already starting to get jealous of his papa. caleb i know does not like other man to touch me. haha whenever i go for my ultrasound scan, and when he sees my gynae examining me. he will wail and wail. so now he will always be outside.

SeptBride,
Haha.. Caleb is so cute. Taught him how to sayang his baby cousin already?

RE: Mass Prayer for Sabie
Although I am not christian, I am in for it too.

RE: Positive Baby Trial
Sorry mummies.. I missed the post on the location of this trial. Only rem it is at Great World City. Can't remember which floor. Time is 4pm. Right?

CL,
Risotto: I dun mind taking more if only the 3 of us want

Lunch
Can't join you gals as I am in HK now

SSF
Moving to 4 locations???? How come? Anyway, I engaged Helping hands movers and they charged me $435 from one location to another only. I think it depends on how much stuff you have. Helping hands is ex-convicts but they are real fast and good.

Mamachan,
Thanks for calling up to ask...I think my maid added a lot of soy sauce cos tasted quite salty even to me. She told me she did it for one week only but I won't know. Worse thing is I travel so much so very hard to keep an eye on her. Yesterday, apparently she left Ryan in the exersaucer and went to shower. When my parents came, they found Ryan alone in the room.

tabbs,
congratz! Wat a relieve for you. Now you can relax and enjoy time with Tabby.
happy.gif

Mashy,
congratz too! once they start walking....oh well, all i can say is my knees ache after every weekend! From all the standing and sitting while following Meg!

May,
Meg has started being jealous of my two nephews quite early stage. If any of them sits in any of the adults' lap, she will go over and push them away or squeeze herself inside.

Yuki,
I'm on for the mass prayer as well.

Michele,
Thanks for your update on Saby. GOod to hear she pulled through the night. We will continue our prayers for her.

May,
Here you go. If you're using stroller, take the lift at level 1 near Mac's. Then turn right when you exit the lift.

If you're taking escalator, go right to the end towards Barang Barang at level 1, then take the escalator beside it. Babiesncream is on your left.

Positive Tots Trial **Confirmed**
Date: 22nd April Sunday
Time: 4pm
Venue: Babiesncream, Great World City level 2
Cost: $105 divided by number of attendees on actual day

1) SY
2) cookie
3) Flo
4) sleepindeer
5) tabbiesus
6) rena
7) sl
8) May
9) wenyl (TBC)
10)

Hello mummies,

Re. Sabie
I'm not a Christian but am praying fervently in my own way that Sabie will pull through. I'm very sad about her condition but at the same time, very touched that all the mummies here in the SGmotherhood forum are praying hard for her and her family.

CIty Hall lunch
Sorry mummies, I can't join you all today.
Am going to a company for a short informal interview (possibly negotiating an offer). Going to jump ship again cos yesterday something really bad happened (files flying, crude words exchange, slapping involved in front of all the staff, gosh... imagine that!) between my current boss and her HB which makes me feel that I have to go. Lucky there is another company which actually wanted to give me an offer last month but I declined cos have just joined my current company. Last night I emailed them again to enquire whether I still have a chance and they just called me to go down to have a chat with the boss!

Yes May.
Basically these 2 are gona grow up together cos they are at my mum's place in the day time. So beta teach him hw to love his cousin.
Nowadays, he gets real excited when he sees my sis coming to my mum's place with Baby.

ak - ya on biz trip in HK now? wow one location for 400+, is it alot of thgs to move? yes i have 4 locations as i passing my furniture/electrical appliances to my MIL, my mum, sis and my new hse. ok let me check on helping hands. if their price is right, i would love to give them the contract. i know they have one food outlet opp changi hawker ctr and i dine there once. they serve bak kut teh and prawn noodles. not a bad crowd and we want to be supportive of them too although the cook is with tattoos all over. hee..

maid is really scary. recently my aunt told me that the part time cleaner we always engaged stole money from them. my cousin actually chg some money for biz travelling and place it in an envelope in a drawer and it was gone! called her and enquire if she saw a white envelope and she denied of coz. now i dun know who i can call for hse cleaning. anyone has any lobang for the east side?

ak
oic, then tat's not too good. Your maid should know better to only bathe/shower when Ryan takes his nap. I would issue a warning if I'm you. My maid only dares wash her hair or a quick shower when Daren takes his usual long nap in his cot, when the weather is hot. Or she'll normally wait till either my mom drops by or I'm back home. It'll be good, if your bosses allow it, you occasionally drop by home during lunch (when in Singapore)to spotcheck, coz that's when they won't expect you to be at home at this time of day.

Jealousy/Sibling Rivalry
I've read somewhere that it helps the older child who is still young, to role play and be exposed to the preggy mum carrying another baby doll and cradling it as though it's a real life baby. To get the older child involved as well. Some writers also share that for the older child who is more knowing and older (3 yrs n above), suggested that when the child visits mummy and new sibling in the hospital, it'll be good for the mum to direct the attention to the older child 1st, and guide the older child to the new addition in the family. And when returning home with the new arrival, could stand by a present for the older child and claim that it's from the new sibling. Hmmmm, maybe 2nd time or even 3rd time mums can share your input on this?

Mass Prayer
I'm Onz! Will standby at 12pm.

Mamachan,
Yap.. I think I read the article as you. When I went over to my colleague's son baby shower in Dec, I bought a toy for her elder daughter as well. So that she won't feel that everyone is buying things for didi and not her.

Hi Tabbiesus - Congrats on pass yr exams!

Mahybrainz - Congrats on Caeden's walking. You will be exercising more!

Mass Prayer - On at 12pm!

Jealousy/Sibling Rivalry
when i was discharged from hospital..that was 31 dec..and happened to my elder boy's birthday..bought him cake and pressie...and told him that this is specially from him bb brother...

i would say that my elder boy is very guai that he is the one who alway give in to his younger brother...damien is a typical green eye monster..i can't hugged and sayang duncan when he is around.

Mummies
So the mass prayer is at 12 pm sharp right. Disseminated to my frens and colleagues , seeking their cell group help too.

1) Chicken little - Aden
2) Mamachan - Daren
3) Tabbiesus - Tabitha ?
5) Rena - elijah
6) Valerie - Kirsten ?

Is 2 pm ok ? For mummies, Japanese Curry Rice with Oden (Pot of assorted fish cake with white radish http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oden ) These 2 ok ? Need to know so I can buy ingredients during lunch.

SSF,

Yah, in Hk for work.

Mamachan,
Thing is that a lot of times, i dun witness all these first hand so I prefer if my mum/sis who witness it, tells my maid off. They prefer to tell me. But when I get home and tell my maid, the effect is lost and I feel she dun get it. When i witness it (e.g.last time i saw her feeding Ryan french fries) and I blow up at her, she feels it. So i feel to be effective, you must tell her there and then...

SSF,

Yah, in Hk for work.

Mamachan,
Thing is that a lot of times, i dun witness all these first hand so I prefer if my mum/sis who witness it, tells my maid off. They prefer to tell me. But when I get home and tell my maid, the effect is lost and I feel she dun get it. When i witness it (e.g.last time i saw her feeding Ryan french fries) and I blow up at her, she feels it. So i feel to be effective, you must tell her there and then...

1) Chicken little - Aden
2) Mamachan - Daren
3) Tabbiesus - Tabitha ?
4) Sleepingdeer - Shannon (confirm) 2pm ok
5) Rena - elijah
6) Valerie - Kirsten ?

Is 2 pm ok ? For mummies, Japanese Curry Rice with Oden (Pot of assorted fish cake with white radish http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oden ) These 2 ok ? Need to know so I can buy ingredients during lunch.

Hi mummies,

Thanks for the good response on the mass prayers thingy.

I am not in the right frame of mind right now.......... Gor a call from a friend two hours ago that a close friend of mine has lost her fight to cancer. She is only 33 and has a 20 mth old son.............My hands are shaking, my tears keep flowing.......

yuki - *pat pat* so sorry to hear abt ur frd. it's a pity coz she and her bb are both so young. pls send my condolences to her family. dun be too sad...at least now she can stop fighting and be at peace.

RE: Sabie
So sad to read about her condition. Teared when i found out about it
sad.gif
Onz for the mass prayer at 12pm.

yuki,
i also had a friend's friend who passed away recently at the age of 30+ leaving behind her 2-year old daughter. Sigh.
Can imagine how sad you must be...somemore it's ur close friend. May God be her family's comfort during this period of time!

re mass prayer
i m onz too

yuki
oh dear, your fren is still so young. anything we can help?

SH
no wonder i see a lot of newspapers outside your house! wanted to sms u to ask whether u r not staying at home but kept forgetting.

re feeding
Flo, Denmy
i find it hard to predict what JH will eat and what he will not....so still trial and error.

yuki - *pat pat* so sorry to hear abt ur frd. it's a pity coz she and her bb are both so young. pls send my condolences to her family. dun be too sad...at least now she can stop fighting and be at peace.

Back