(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

Baby Sabie
I am already so heartpain when Aidan is coughing away in his sleep or throwing out his feed etc when he is down with flu. I cannot imagine what her parents and her must be going through. Hope a miracle will come through for them.

Wed playgroup
Hey, CL & Mamachan, originally was playing with the idea of joining in...but now my Wed got lined up with meetings, so I cannot make it too. Have fun :>

My Gym Trial
Are there anymore available slots for the trial class? Aidan has actually attended once at the Parkway outlet when he was 9 months old, but I would like to let him try out again now that he is older.

Gymboree (Level 4 for babies from 16-22 months)
For mummies with active babies I have brought Aidan to the trial class for Level 4 even though he is only 15 months. I found that it is more suitable for him as the stations are more challenging. So for your consideration if you are trying out Gymboree.

Food and Salt
From what I know, if you can enforce good eating habits from young (ie less salt and sugar), the more likelihood that your child will have better eating habits in the future. For me, I do not add any salt to Aidans meals. But if we are dining out, Aidan will insist on joining in the adult fare, so I just feed him small bites :p The good thing is that Aidan is a pretty easy eater, so he will still finish up his unsalted meals during regular times. My mum warned me, some fussy eaters will start to reject their own porridge if we start to introduce too tasty food to them.

Playnest at JG
Anyone knows how much they charge for a trial class? I am interested to join u gals, but since Aidan is so active, really wonder if he can take a 2 hour class, so thou of trying out first.

hi Cheng,
yup, you're very welcome to join the My Gym trial, there are 10 in the 12:30pm slot and 5 in the 2:30pm slot, which is with existing 10 students liao. Both are on 28th April, sat... if you want, just drop me a PM with your full name, and contact no...
happy.gif

Re: RP lunch
aiyah, too bad I'm working tomorrow, if not will dump shannon at my mum's place and join you gals...

mamachan - thanks for calling up KK and enquire. for my case, caleb has been sharing table food with us as long as its not salty. we also started when he turned 1 yr old. if i prepare home cooked food, no MSG then since outside food when he consume..more or less will have alittle of those already.

ChickenLittle
Am flexible with the timing for tomorrow's lunch. I wanna order the bb rice cracker too. How about the adult food u posted the other time?

Sunny
Is YX feeling better? So she got a flu?

Sleepingdeer
You working part time now?

Babylon
Ya so fast changing job? I thot your current co welfare is quite good?

Flo,

I will be getting the risotto from my fren tonight. Only you and AK interested but I still went ahead. Hee Hee will bring all and see who interested. Otherwise i will leave in office to eat when super busy

CL/Flo,
Current welfare is good..but i was not so happy worry here..it is more like a comfort zone....no challenge in the job....if the other company can offer me a better pay, a more challenging job..why not..

sysac
Me faxed the JG forms over liao. SMS sy liao.

Sleepingdeer you fax already ?

Cheng,
Not sure about the trial fee. YOu call them up to check lah. Forum 6733 4322 and Evans 6737 5348. I think Mashy going tomorrow leh

Babylon
Good luck to you tomorrow then we can celebrate over lunch.

sysac
Me faxed the JG forms over liao. SMS sy liao.

Sleepingdeer you fax already ?

Cheng,
Not sure about the trial fee. YOu call them up to check lah. Forum 6733 4322 and Evans 6737 5348. I think Mashy going tomorrow leh

Babylon
Good luck to you tomorrow then we can celebrate over lunch.

mummies
wow a lot of posts to catch up!

re cityhall lunch
Cityhall Lunch - 17 Apr 12.45 pm
1) SY - can meet a bit earlier? cos need to rush for meeting at 2pm
2) Chicken little - I am fine with 12.45
3) SL
4) Flo
5) queen (can only make it at 12.45pm, ok?)

where are we meeting first? dunno where is the fish head curry place..wow sounds yummy.
happy.gif

babylon
good luck for your interview!

mummies
can i check something? recently JH has been quite difficult to feed. He will pick at the food like eat only the fish and spit out the vege etc. but he won't do that when it is all in the porridge.

is it ok to just feed porridge for all the meals? he doesnt wan mee sua already. and i m concerned that if i try to be too fanciful (pasta etc) my maid will have a hard time feeding him. but if i only give porridge, will he reject other foods next time?

also, when is a good time to let them eat at the dinner table with us? when they can self feed? when is a good time to teach them to self feed? the prob is that we eat quite late so JH cannot eat with us on weekdays

Cityhall Lunch - 17 Apr 12.30 pm
Change timing to 12.30 liao. Then Queen can join us once she release for lunch.

3) SL
4) Flo
6) Linda

<font color="119911">Everyone knows where is seah street ? Beside raffles hotel, same row as the Mint Toy Museum. Can cross the road from Raffles city to Raffles hotel from the exit near DBS bank (Raffles City), then walk till the end of the road,That is seah street liao. Then walk down till you see a chinese stall selling economical rice style, with red chairs. If you all know , then I go chop and order the curry first. </font>

Splish Splash (28 May-2Jun)

1. Sysac - 9am (Faxed)
2. Mashybrainz - 11am (pay on Tues)
3. SYchua - 11am (Faxed)
4. Sleepingdeer - 9 am (mailed?)
5. Chicken Little - 9 am (Faxed)
6. Clare - Week 2 (Faxed?)

Hi, Lady in charged just called. She has received mine. Guess she needs to look for CL's & SY's since you 2 said u have faxed over.

Sleepingdeer - Have you mailed your forms?

Clare - Have you faxed?

Marshybrainz - Got to wait for you tomorrow.

Mommies,

Little Saby is not doing well again... I feel so sad reading about her, heart really hurts, really praying and hoping that a miracle will save her, I can't imagine the anguish the parents are feeling right now...

CL
so where do i meet u? directly at the shop? I know where is seah street.

sleepingdeer
yeah i also have problems posting...

Chillies,
Poor Xavier. Looks like he got punched in the eye.
sad.gif

Sunny,
Keenan also has been down with fever, cough, runny nose adn phlegm. Been waking up in the middle of the night at 4am for the last few days to play!! Otherwise he would let out loud cries in his sleep. Not sure if he's got nightmares of teething or just plain discomfort from his blocked nose.

He's also been rejecting his food lately. Only want to drink milk and eat bits of adult food (spaghetti, one whole unpeeled apple) for fun. So we've been cooking soups with soft-rice (like teochew porridge) for him. Even then, he will only eat the rice together with the soup. Since he is not into his food, we give him lots of fluids like freshly squeezed juices too.

Anyone knows what's the cause of this? He used to be a very good eater. Now so fussy. I dunno what to do with him liao. And his weight did not increase. Still at 11.5kg (25th percentile) but his height is a crazy 87cm (more than 100th percentile liao!!).

3) SL - okay with 12.45
4) Flo
6) Linda

re: Little Saby
Ya, one can't help crying when you see her photo. Hope she'll be fine in the end.

re: Scented Nappy Sack
Anyone using these from NTUC? I have been searching hi and lo. Seems like they have stopped stocking them.

Demny,
Re: poor appetite
S is on food strike too... she will eat the most half a bowl of porridge, and refuses any other food! We realise she is a total chinese baby coz she refuse western food, have tried potato, shepherd's pie, pasta, garlic bread, and all these are adult food, and she just refuese to eat, sian!

CL,

So sorry - have to trouble you with the biscuit again. : )

Demny,
I think being sick affects their appetite. Charmaine was like that when she was sick - only drinks milk and drink and eats Gerber stars and yoghurt. When she recovered, her appetitie's back as normal.

Keenan has very good weight! Charmaine's only 9.2kg now despite the amount she eats.

*bookmark first* still trying to catch up with this fast moving thread!

my prayers go out to Baby Saby. Latest update I saw at 12.12pm today, she's having multiple organ failures....Let's all pray for her.

sunny,
yah...my boy sometimes also tears big big like so pitiful hor.

SSF,
I wld freak out if any one feeds my boy those soup. Home cook, is fine. Anything thing outside is out for him. So much MSG!!! Of cos i do let him eat some of our food to satisfied his "mum mum"

RE : Accident
He's fine now. The bruise is all gone and he looks as good as new...heehee....my MIL came over to visit him and very heartache that he lost weight. He seems alot "smaller" after the episodes of accident, cough and fever. Must beef him up again

re: hangout place to recommend
hi mummies...hb is gg away for biz trip this sat till next sun! boo hoo... to comfort myself, i am arranging for a dinner with my galfriends. any nice place to recommend where car park is not much of a concern. I am looking at central area. buffet is good too...TIA!!!

re: mover service
anyone has any estimation how much you pay the mover when you shift house? i engage one and they are charging me $600 for 4 locations. is this reasonable? this is my first time so don't really know the market rate.

babylon - all the best in your job hunt. btw, which line are u in?

re: baby saby
she is such a cutie pie! really pray for some good news today.

chillies - yeah mann! can u imagine how my face looked like when i saw that incident. in fact i shook my head lei..but dun think the mother saw me.

good to hear ur boy is recovering from the bruise. Caleb also knocked his forehead onto his daddy's teeth while playing over the weekend. and he now got a small blue black on his forehead. maybe i shld take a pic too to make hb guilty. haha ..but eh...caleb was playing with me before he hit it. haha so better not la. tsk tsk.

cheng

the fees for trial at JG playnest is $37.20. I'm going tomorrow for the 11am class at Evans Rd.

Re: SOya sauce

I've not added that yet. But I've added sea salt to some of his very bland food such as spinach or sometimes mushrooms to give it more taste. I think it's about time to start introducing salt bit by bit. Rather I start than to let other pp start and then he start to dislike my food. My MIL fed him soya sauce pork before. She didn't even ask me and by the time I saw it, it's too late already.

Tok abt her, that day she told my boy must eat her food coz it's prepared with love. Ya, like mine not prepared to love. I retorted her and she got the guts to say hers was with more love. Then later realised her mistake and quickly say different love.

Re: Saby
Been praying for her. Feel so sad and heartache for her and her family. Still so young. My hb also affected by it.

CL
mine is normally 12 -2pm, choose 1 hr. the one near allson is good! yum yum. :D

Flo
my gal is better liao. thanks. the running nose seems stop liao. but the phlegm in the throat seems a lot. when she coughs, sometimes will vomit. sounds like lots of phlegm inside leh.
if see GP/PD, they will use equipment to suck the phlegm? aiyo... can't bear to let her suffer like that leh.

denmy
my gal's appetite also goes crazy. sometimes can eat a lot, and kept asking for bread (her fav food), and sometimes can only finish half of the usual portion. and super cranky, tiny little things can trigger her to cry.
i am not pregnant and already feel so tired. can really imagine how tired you are. *salute*

SY
my gal usually will want her to put her into her booster seat and join us for meal. we will just let her hv some rice and she will be happily sit there seeing us finish our meal.

sl
my gal also around the same weight as your gal no matter how much she ate. now, she's sick, i think she lost weight... the face no longer chubby liao. so sad.

chillies
now my gal is getting more responsive, can't bear to see her tear leh... hope i won't spoil her.

bb saby
feel so sad for her and the family. hope she can pass the phase successfully.

Yuki
hope your 2 gals get well soon.

Denmy
wow. keenan is so tall. Gerald is only 82.5cm. I wonder whether he has exceeded the 50th percentile.

CL
oooh.. you gals are going for the fish head curry. Is it the same stall I went with hb that day. I'll try to join you all, if no urgent work crops up.
happy.gif

3) SL - okay with 12.45
4) Flo
6) Linda
7) Krissie (tentatively ok)
happy.gif

sleepingdeer
Can I change to join the 12.30pm class instead, pls. Sorry for the trouble. Gerald refuses to nap in the am now and slps at 2pm.
sad.gif
So, I think the 12.30pm class wld be better for him.

re: bb jealous
yesterday i was carrying my uncle's bb who is ard 6 mths. and When Caleb saw me and the bb, his face changed immediately and started wailing. only stopped when I carried him and even then he was still sobbing. then abt an hr later, hb tried carrying the bb and he wailed again. cham mann! my second bb is coming out in 4 mths time and other than telling him di di is coming...and keep pointing him to my tummy and asking him to sayang my belly. i dun know what else can i do to educate him. any other preggy mummies encounter the same problem too?

Sleeping Deer,
Jamie can shake hands with Shannon already. She dun like potato and western food. Only like Chinese food.

Denmy,
Keenan is at good weight. Jamie is only 10.2kg and I think is less than that now cos she is sick for 1wk plus already. Appetite not good also. Maybe bcos sick and molars coming out. The bottom two molars is out already but the top one are still trying their ways to break out from the gums.

ohh i tink u midunderstood me. I'm not making a stand whether you should or should not give soy sauce. Just saying b4 u decide whether u want to give or not, maybe u'll want to consider the few things I pointed out. I also have been slipping small bits of my dinner to Ariene but her own prepared food is strictly salt-free and sugar-free. In fact, my hb didn't quite like the idea of my adding small bit of tomato sauce to Ariene's pasta cuz it contained preservatives. I'm sure every mummy here will have their own decisions when it comes to food but, its better to make a deeper analysis and a more informed decision rather than a follow-the-crowd decision right?

Personally, I thought it'd be good to know the reasons why I'll allow or not allow. In fact, another reason y I liked Amazing star montesorri is because their food is salt-free and sugar-free (or at least they claimed they are).

may/denmy - wow ur babies are all of good wgt. caleb is only 9.1kg. lost wgt when he fell sick when his molar was out.

caleb on the other hand likes potatoes and udon!
happy.gif

mamapanda

my boy's milk intake was a little crazy after his stomach flu. Kept eating and drinking. His milk was usually 180ml 4x a day. But it went siao and he was asking for 210ml 5x a day. Also been waking up at night to drink milk. Refused water. If I gave him water, he'll throw his tantrums and screamed the night out. He's been nursing a sore throat since last Sun coz i only fed him 150ml when he woke up at night. He screamed for 2hrs before he finally slept.

Now his milk intake is back to normal, but he's still persisting in his milk feed in the middle of the night. sigh. I wanna let him take more solids and drink milk only as a beverage. He's still reliant on milk to make him feel full.

SSF

When I was at the infant care with my boy, this is what they do. When the mummy is preggy with another child, they'll introduce a baby doll to the child. Let the child carry the doll around, learn to feed and rock the doll etc and tell the child that he/she will be expecting a younger sis/bro. Everyday do that same thing until he/she understands.

1) SY - ok with 12.30 cos need to rush for meeting at 2pm
2) Chicken little - ok with 12.30
3) SL - okay with 12.45
4) Flo
6) Linda - ok with 12.30
7) Krissie (tentatively ok)

Hi Flo, SL, and Krissie , ok with 12.30 ?
Queen you fine to walk to Seah Street ? Once you are ok, I will call to order the fishhead. 1 whole or half leh ?
Name of shop is SG Curry Fishhead Restaurant. It is the 4th shop after a Chinese Medical Hall

Little Saby
Her prognosis is quite bad. Please help to pray for a Miracle

chicken little/mashy - hehee i did tat yesterday ..asking him to carry ernie and sayang. and he carry lor. maybe i tell him that is di di who is coming out soon. thanks for the idea. chicken_little...so funny that you use a pink dress doll. haha...

SSF
Not a choice leh. All those baby doll toys set with bottle, changing clothes, bathing set all pink leh. So Charmaine was trained from beginning to fetch wet tissue, get all the necessary stuff for bathing, towel, diaper etc. She feel good to be helping lor.

Hee Hee
Can see the artwork my fren's photographer did for Charmaine, design 14 Hello

Can take a look at Charmaine's photos artwork
http://www.dphotofolio.com/bbportfolio.html#. Design 14

Back