See you later at Seah Street
1) SY
2) Chicken little
3) SL
4) Flo
5) Linda - ok with 12.30
6) Krissie (tentatively ok)

Yuki
my deepest condolences to your friend's family. poor boy, lost his mummy at such a young age.......

mummies
my aunt's life is also at the edge of live and death now. she lost her hb to cancer less than 1 year again and now she is fighting on her's now. her health is going downhill and my mum is worried sick. for the past 1 week my mum been travelling to and fro hospital to keep my aunt accompany. i dont wish my mum to lost her only sis when her mum (my granny) passed away less then 5 months ago. dont wish to see her cry......
live and death is part of our life yet its so hard to take. i longing want to visit my aunt at the hospital but was told not to, if not no one can look after dylan ......

Hi mommies

Will be joining your 12pm prayers!

Yuki
sympathies to you... so sad... a reminder to treasure all our moments...

CL
i don't think i can make it for the gathering tomorrow, just found out i'm the coordinator for a meeting tomorrow at 3pm.. Sigh...

Yuki,
My eyes fill up with tears when i read your latest post about your close friend. My heart goes out to her family and to you. Take some time off today?

Wed Playgroup at CCK - 18 Apr , 2 - 3 pm lor ?
1) Chicken little - Aden
2) Mamachan - Daren
3) Sleepingdeer - Shannon (confirm) 2pm ok
4) Rena - elijah
5) Valerie - Kirsten ?

For mummies, Japanese Curry Rice with Oden (Pot of assorted fish cake with white radish http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oden ) These 2 ok ? Need to know so I can buy ingredients during lunch.

For babies
Start with circle songs
GD flashcards
If they not tired, I will set up a portable water pool outside my HDB unit. So bring along swim gear ha ha or just wear diaper oso can

RE: healty times Jar food

i also have some hT jar food.. will post out later .. coz elijah dun eat them at all..

RE: jealous

Elijah use to get jelous when i carry little niece.. but i always involve him teaching to sayang mei mei and tell him he is kor kor...

RE: tired

lately duno what happen to me .. i keep feeling so tired.. and my back bone always pain so much at night.. tat i can't sleep.. feeling so tired.. plus my sinus keeps coming back.. really sian..

rena
is it cos of the weather? it has been hot. so sinus problem will worsen right? u have allergies problem? last time when i was in usa, a fren of mine always gets very tired when the weather turns hot cos of allergies.

rena
is it cos of the weather? it has been hot. so sinus problem will worsen right? u have allergies problem? last time when i was in usa, a fren of mine always gets very tired when the weather turns hot cos of allergies.

re: HT cereals
I have sold all of mine. but at marketplace, manage to sell at $5 per box.

rena - could you be joining the preggy club? hee...

ssf,

cannot be leh... maybe sy is right.. coz i have lots of allergies too.. tat is ehy my poor son also like me..

RE: elijah

now elijah is walking so well tat he is really a hand ful... funny boy tat alwys trick his mummy..

ssf,

cannot be leh... maybe sy is right.. coz i have lots of allergies too.. tat is ehy my poor son also like me..

RE: elijah

now elijah is walking so well tat he is really a hand ful... funny boy tat alwys trick his mummy..

Nice Meeting Flo, SY, SL, Krissie and Linda for lunch today. Lucky the curry is good otherwise make you all come all the way.

Rena
Do a check lah. Maybe got surprise leh

Hi mommies,
thank goodness Forum is up....

latest from patsy at 4.30pm...

Her heart is weakening again. Please continue to pray.

Mommies, so sad seeing this, how much more can they take?

I think so, sleepingdeer, testing...

CL, onz for the yummy lunch tmr. Thanks! I'll bring baby yogurt too, courtesy of Wenyl.
happy.gif

Mummies, just read that little sabie's heartbeat has stopped!

Carole Ng says: "Please pray for Sabie! Pray that the Devil will be cast away!"

mummies
we are going to start a weekend playgroup on 29th April 3pm.

Any mummies interested to join in? So far we have 5 mummies already. Probably can have another 2 more at most. PM me if you r interested.

CL,

Thks for the good recommendation!

CL, Krissie, Linda, Flo, SY
Great lunch and nice company! Next time we try the Pernankan place that Krissie was talking about... : )

Re: Little Sabie
so sad....dunno how the parents can take it... it's really like a roller coaster...

Mummies, let's not give up and continue to pray hard for little sabie okay? God is good and He will hear our prayers.

SSF
I ate a small amount of the pig trotters vinegar during my final tri and had terrible bout of braxton hicks contractions after that. Also can feel the heart beating very hard and fast as well as feeling very "hot". Too heaty.

Yuki
Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I'm sure she's now in peace with God in heaven. You take care too, still have to take care of Ashley and Megan.

Rachel
Pray that your aunt will conquer her cancer.

Krissie, nice meeting you for the first time and great to catch up with the rest of the mommies. CL, thanks for the recommendation, good choice
happy.gif

Hi CL, Flo, SY and Krissie
I have a good lunch and nice to see your again and nice to meet you Krissie
happy.gif

Hi CL
Your lunch recommendation is really money back guarantee
happy.gif

Hi Rena,..
The symptom that you feel now is actually what I have go thru when I was pregnant. I have those back pain and breast pain too during 4 week pregnancy.

Haa,..haa.. you might need another testing kits. Let me know if you need bcos I still got one left and we stay so near some more
happy.gif

sms from Patsy @ 12am

Doctors are telling us we may have reached a point if no return for Sabie. Her blood acid level keeps going up and her body tissues still not accepting the oxygen. Please pray a miracle because that is the only thing that can save her now. We will still have faith.

GOD PLS HEAR OUR PRAYERS!!
PRAY PRAY PRAY!!!

Weekday Playgroup on 18Apr

Sorry gals,
Dun tink will be joining u all this round. I just recovered from a bout of terrible stomach flu. Happened when I went to inlaws plc for lunch on sun. Ate a piece of not fully cooked chicken. Tummy pain was totally unbearable when evening came. Hb had to rush me to Mt A a&e. Doc diagnosed as stomach flu cos no spotting so it was a great relieve tat it wasnt pregnancy induced tummy pains. Felt like a dead chicken for the last 2 days. Today felt so much alive!

Then I received a call from my cousin. She just gave birth on fri & wasnt coping well with her confinement at her mil hse. Been crying everyday since discharged from KK. Can understand cos she is barely 21. Told me she got slight engorgement on left breast so I quickly rushed down with my breast pumps to help her. I will probably go down again to see her later today. Passing her some nursing wear & helping her buy some other bb stuffs.

And my maid arrived this afternoon. So I really got lots of orientation with her. Tat probably explains why I m up at such wee hours. Too much thots in my head. Ethan keeps shunting away from her. Din want her to feed him. He cried so hard just now when the maid sat beside him in the car. Me & hb feel kinda weird to hv a stranger sleeping in the hse. Really hope she will turn out to be a good helper & most importantly, E will soon be able to accept her as a new playmate cum bbsitter.

BTW, Can anyone PM me or sms me KK lactation consultant Yenpeng's contact no.? I remembered many mummies here mentioned she is good. Does she charge for consultation if bb delivered in KK? TIA!

Mashy,
Congrats on ur boy walking.....finally! And happy chasing ya!!
happy.gif

Val,
So qiao! Read tat u also just recovered from stomach flu. Something u ate? Mine is confirmed kanna from my mil's uncooked chicken. So suay hor. Wat makes me so fedup is till now my hb is still keeping quiet abt it. My mil doesnt know her chicken caused so much distress to me. And my dear beloved hb dun want her to feel bad. Arghh!!

Rena,
Maybe u wanna try take some calcium to build up ur bones. Now tat Elijah is more mobile, u are probably bending & running after him more often & he is also quite a handful to carry.

Hi mummies,

Need to get a domestic helper... any agents, near Central/ East to recommend?
M in the midst of many adjustments, other than Eshley juz starting to walk is a happy thing... m in the midst of changing my job, juz tender today... also Mil (main caretaker) may be going to Switzerland for two mths coz bil wil be going there for 3yrs... hence she's going there to help out...
Therefore, no choice, gotta get a helper...

Any suggestions, pls? Thanks.

Mummies. latest update on Sabie. Lots of prayers for Miracle is needed for this little gal.

Posted on Wednesday, April 18, 2007 - 8:46 am:
Doctors are planning to take away Sabie's life support today!! PLease pray for a miracle!

wenyl - oh no...uncooked chicken? you better take care esp since you are preggy. make sure all food are thoroughly cooked before consumption since ya still in the first trimester. take care and have more rest! good to hear ur pregnancy so far has been smooth. wat nationality is ur maid? how much are u paying per mth? i will be engaging one from myanmmar come Nov. and i can imagine the silence in the car whenever she is ard. which will be wierd lor..having a stranger tapping into our conversation. want to complain abt in laws also difficult..haha...who knows if she go on and tell my mil. haha..

esh_mummy - so ya gonna join the SAHM grp? hmm 2 mths away...maybe u want to consider a day time nanny instead of a maid? coz it will only be a 2 mths thingy right? if you want to engage a maid...u may want to ask rena for help. she is helping me to get a maid directly from myanmmar.

rena - has ur maid arrives? as wenyl suggested, i think its good to take some calcium or multi vits. in fact, i was taking it before i was preggy too since we lose calcium everyday and also after breastfeeding.

re: bb sabby
oh no...so sad to hear abt the updated news. any latest update?

Esh Mummy
I have agent contact, PM me for contact. She's located in Bugis and my mum's good friend. She'll see to it personally that the maid you chose is acceptable and will guide you along.

Wenyl
Oh dear, must have been tough on you. Stomach Flu is no joke! As for new maid, will take awhile for E to adjust. So long you're around and you interact more with the maid, E will observe and eventually come to accept her, he's also probably having stranger anxiety. It's not easy to have a sudden addition to the family, thus will feel strange. Just talk to the maid to find out more of her family background, etc but of course maintaining it like an interview but allowing her to speak. From there should be able to "size" her up abit. Daren took to my helper within 2 days! (I was home with him and the helper).

RE: Clingy? Separation Anxiety?
Jamie is terrible for the past 2 days. I hardly sleep well at night. She will sleep and cry suddenly. Will want me to carry her and lie on my shoulder to sleep. Once I put her down, she cry. Dun even want my hubby. This happened almost every 2 hrs at night! In the day is also the same thing. She will want my mum to do the same to her.

Really very tiring. She used to be very easy to handle. But ever since she recover from her fever, she is like that. Is this a bad habit? Or she is going thru the separation anxiety stage?

Hi mummies,

Thanks. Went for the wake yesterday. As i know her mum and sisters, the feeling of lost was particularly great when we meet cos my friend was our point of connection. He mum hug me and cried "My poor child" - Wo Ke Lian De Hai Zhi..........

I am comforted that she is with the Lord and she is not suffering anymore. The Pastor reminded us that we will meet in heaven again. For a moment, i catch a gimsle of God's Glory. Even in death, God is able to give us hope that we can see our love ones again.

Hi mummmies, i will continue with this sychonised prayer at twelve daily for baby Sabie. HOpe we can continue and that The Lord hear our prayers!

wenyl

take care! i had stomach flu during my last preg too and the pain was excrutiating. Remember not to share food etc coz it can spread.

Re: JG
Sorry, the trial was $35.70.

Caeden enjoyed the session yesterday esp the music and puppet time. He even danced to the music. Hahah, he was shaking his butt and moving his arms ard. Didn't like the sand play though, coz it's a little messy. Think my hb will love to let him dip in the sand box. The class had mostly maids. I'm the only mummy and there's 1 dad and 1 granny. The rest were all maids. There was an angmoh baby kept coming to bully my boy. sigh. Kept snatching his toys even though he had the exact same one. Wherever my boy went, he would go, so that he could push him away and play with whatever my boy was playing. sigh. The maid totally no control over him.

And most of them rather well to do leh. Stay at Nassim, tomlinson lah. wah.....

Already paid for the hols prog.
happy.gif

Seperation Anxiety
Read somewhere that it'll escalate much more when they turn 2 years of age. Already I've seen it before in those who are 18 months and above. Refuse to let go of the parent and after much crying, they'll be glued to the caregiver the parent passed the child to.

Yuki
Yes, though the seperation from our love ones at this present moment is painful, but for us Christians, it's a temporal thing coz we know that we will all meet again in heaven. And in heaven, your dear friend is whole and flowing with the resurrection life, no more pain, no more worries and no more tears. Hope the peace of the Lord will guard the hearts and minds of your friend's family members.

Hi wenyl

Take care... i also had stomach flu when i was pregnant in late first trimester... kept on vomiting and ate nothing... was so worried... try and drink some barley for rehydration...

SY
i'd like to join in the weekend playgroup if possible..

RE: sabie
feel so sad for her.. but i also would like to pray for peace for both the child and the family. I'm sure little sabie has been to thro alot.. its not easy for a child to have to undergo such big surgeries... as for the parents... i don't think i can imagine the amount of suffering they've been through, but i pray that they will find peace and be strong for each other. God will not forsake them...

RE: helper
I've changed 3 maids so far.. tabby is okie with all of them... i think is becos she didn't get a chance to form an attachement.. or she is just one bochap kid... even when my mom went to USA, she didn't seem to bother very much... and my mom was taking care of her full time until then.

may - caleb is also the same whenever he fell sick. but after he is well...then he won;t be that sticky. it could be that jamie just recovered..so give her a couple of more days to adjust back. meantime, give her some love and hugs first. ya can understand how tiring it is.

yuki - i will too for the prayer at 12pm.

tabbiesus - care to share wats wrong with the past maids? i am still quite paranoid abt having a maid...but no choice la. both mil and my mum won;t be able to cope with another bb coming along. just had a discussion with my mil and she volunteer to come over to our hse and stay for the 2 days she is looking after my kids. but then she cannot speak english..so dun know how is she gg to communicate with the maid. but in a good way, we need not send him all the way to cck and my maid can do the housework and best of all...can see my both kids everyday! hmm..but then again, that means no couple time liao. haha..

SSF
I think still can have some sort of couple time since there's a helper, can go out and catch a movie with hb for some couple time or late-night supper. That's what my hb and I can do after Daren is asleep or near his bedtime. And if there's any form of "intense heated fellowship" with hb, will take it in the bedroom lor.

May
Think our babes are generally more clingy even after they recovered. It's quite common, give it a few more days and I think Jaime will be back her usual self.

Esh_mummy
You've got mail, I've replied your PM.

SSF
re: maids
my first one lied about her age, and was more than 50 years old, presbyopic and stubborn... and talk to much, kaypoh, ask this and that.. like what i do, how old am i and gossip abt my moms maid... she was fil. She had some medical problem also, always complain of gastric and ate ALOT, like 4 pieces of bread for breakfast, must have rice for lunch.. that nevermind.. but she was very rough in her house work... always break things... since she came she destroyed 1 lamp and 1 vase and broke the curtain strings.. and some more denied until we said no one was cleaning that thing except for you.. then she admitted, ya she broke... and she was here only for 2 months... also she was very impatient with tabby, can see her get irritated if tabby fussed.. so i said no way... and sent her home...

So i learnt my lesson, second maid.. tried to get a younger one... also fil... and this one was supposed to have experience with taking care of a baby til 2 years old... but turn out she has no interest in children and in her job.. she was more simple.. but if you don't ask her to do anything will just hide in her room... and she just cannot cook, cleaning also so so... ask her to prepare baby stuff after bathing, like towel, clothes, diapers... she always would forget 1 thing.. gave her 2 months to learn... and she would still forget... can you imagine.. its just common sense right... after you bathe you will need clothes to wear and a towel to wipe.. some days she will forget the towel.. some days she forget the clothes... dunno where her mind was... and also after 1 months, she asked me to help her get SIM card for her telephone.. initially when i asked her if she brought telephone at the agency, she said she don't have... then i asked her where she got it from she said she brought it with her.. so after 2 months.. gave up...and sent her back to agency...

So the third one.. i decided to try indon maid... so far so good... quite respectful and zhi dong so far.. and ok with baby.. she just had a 7 month baby herself so i think she is ok. Can do house work and take care of tabby alright... will have some common sense like when we ask her to help put some stuff away, and we weren't very specific.. she would ask, do you want me to wrap in newspaper first and stuff like that so i'm quite happy.. cos i'm actually quite bochap with the maid... as long as they can cook, do my housework and not steal....

also you'd be surprised... my mom's indon maid can speak cantonese.. and my present one can speak hokkien!!

mamachan - i dun dare to leave my kids just with the maid alone lei. maybe i am very kia su or the paranoid one. but then i prefer not to take the chance lor. haha i like the way u say...'intense heated fellowship'. wahaha...

tabbiesus- omigod...the first maid is so old like 50? she can retire liao lei. ur current maid got no post natal blues...wow...i can imagine how much she will miss her bb and vice versa.

SY,

Actually we called to stopped the newspaper...dunno why they kept delivering. We got a shock when we went back home yesterday too.

Tabbie, SSF
Re: Maid Woes
My SIL's Indon maid jus left after CNY after 4yrs here. She's been a great help, but wanted to go home so no choice.

So came another Indon maid, but my MIL found her slow, dirty (can't make a habit of washing hands after going toilet), has body odour. So off she went after 1wk and now is a fil maid. This fil maid has worked for 2 previous employers here so i hv no idea why on earth my SIL still take her on.

She has got attitude! When my SIL went Malacca over the Good Friday wknd, she asked the maid along. The maid said her previous employers would leave her alone at home, but my SIL said you have to come along. take it as a holiday. And the maid literally took a holiday! When arrive at hotel, she sat comfortably in the living room reading mags, while my SIL fed, bathe her kids! This maid doesn't like looking after the 2 boys. Sometimes when the boy says wanna go toilet, the maid can actually tell SIL 'Mam, he wanna go toilet.', and my SIL has to bring him.

Recently I heard from my other SIL who's at home all day, that the maid glares at her when she corrects her mistakes. The maid even dared to ask her,'after u give birth, am i supposed to help look after your baby?' Means she's already trying to find out if more work will come her way.

Usually, my SIL drops the 2 boys at school in the morning with the maid. The maid will then walk home to MIL's, which take about 10mins. Last Thursday, she only reached after 30mins, when my SIL already reached office! So in the evening, SIL asked her, she said just walking. Ask her again, she said waiting for the lift, the lift was at 12floor. As if it took 20mins to come down! After much interogation, she admitted she was strolling downstairs. But we suspect she was chatting up other people! I have my doubts about this maid..

Yuki, sorry to hear about your loss. A very good fren lost her hubby 7 yrs ago.... it was very sad as she was preggie and they were not aware. She has since converted to Christianity and is at peace with the loss. Very glad to see how quickly she has recovered. Recently, I've been thinking of doing up wills; has anyone done this?

Tabbie, thanks for the advice sometime ago on getting Keith to sleep on his own. I think he's finally settled down. For the pass few nights, the older brother would show him how he would lie down and close his eyes to sleep. Now he no longer struggles and cries when I put him down to sleep in the cot. But he'll still wake up for milk at 12+ and sometimes 3+ and at 6+, he'll be up and wouldn't go back to bed, so I've been up since 6+ too... but good to finally establishe a sleeping routine with him.

SSF/Esh_Mummy, pros and cons to having a maid.... even the so-called good ones. I just received an email on 2 movie clips which show cruelty on young children by maids ... really very heartpain to watch them. Maids no matter wat are strangers and you never know how they'll behave. If you use stronger language on them, they may take it out on the kids... my BIL just got a transfer maid from my agency. I thot she looked pleasant and I'd have chosen her too but my MIL thot she's not telling the entire truth on why the previous employer didn't want her. I don't expect they'll get along well coz my MIL is quite fussy abt maids (they'll be staying together btw), and my MIL did comment that my maid is not "auto" enough and keeps comparing to the other maids that my SIL had. So I asked her of all the maids she's encountered, which one is the best... her reply "aiya, they all the same". My viewpoint is as long as you respect the maid and give her credit for a good job well done, it's like a kid, they'll be motivated to do. I'm putting this down to the assumption that they have an attitude to learn.

.ky.

Wenyl,

Just PM-ed you Yen Peng's contact. Give her a call - I liked her. She's very encouraging. If not for her and my hubby's encouragement, I would have given up BF long ago and not manage to TBF my daughter till today.

Take care of yourself too! Stomach Flu is bad enough when you are normal, it's really worse if you are pregnant...

Re : Maids

SSF - i believe as time goes by, if the maid earns your trust,u will be able to leave her wf the kids ( after they KO to lala Land ) while u n HB head out for some couple time. i used to tink i will NEVER leave Celeste alone wf the maid... but tis 2nd fil maid of 6mths was mature enuf and i actuali like her!
happy.gif
as compared to the previous indon maid from Hell... tis is so many times better... tho she stil has her flaws,but i wld say they are still acceptable. like wat ky says, motivation is impt to maintain the r/s. i praise my maid as n when she takes initiatives or make improvements... of cos i will 'scold' her too when she makes mistakes... but very rare la... in fact,i give her little perks to encourage her like : paying for her haircut and telling her tat actuali its not borne by employer, but since she has done well, i will pay for her etc... and its also gd to hear fr her tat she enjoys working here too
happy.gif

Tracy - this 2nd maid ought to be sent back la! so attitude!

Ky,

My mum's fil maid helped to look after Charmaine. She has just gone home on Sat after being here for 2 years. We are all very sad that she's not coming back cos she said that she missed her son too much. She really treated and loved Charmaine like her own daughter - she will play with her, teach her, give her baby massage. I think she has more patience with Charmaine. Charmaine loves her as well. I think one point for us to look out for is whether the child would be willing to stay with the maid after a while. I believe that if the maid really treats the baby well and loves her, the baby would know and be willing to be with her. We are really very grateful for her to be around during the initial stage cos sometimes we would leave Charmaine with her to take a breather and when my mum's overseas, I would leave Charmaine with her and have peace of mind too.

Tracy,

Wow! The maid really got attitude!

Yuki,
I guess, as Christians, it really helped that we know that we would meet again in Heaven. My hubby took my FIL's death quite well even though it's so sudden. When I asked him about it, he just told me that of cos he would feel sad BUT he's also happy at the same time that his dad is now rested from his labours and at home with the Lord.

Hi May and SSF

I also face the problem like what May face currently.
Gracie was Cried baby since after she back from Indonesia. I was please her for 2 weeks but she even more noty after that.
She will purposely cried when she trough things.
Or even dinner time also cried.

Really is the hard time for us and testing our patient as well

Back