(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

lings

Hi.. any jan mums to be??

my EDD on 16 Jan
kao_happy.gif

hi joyce, congratz to u!
i'm a jan MTB too... so excited. juz went to visit my gynae during lunch. but unfortunately can't see the sac yet. maybe coz still too early, only 4+ weeks.

will go back to see her again in 2 weeks time. hopefully by then will be able to see "something"!
happy.gif

Hi Celine.. no lah. I'm not pregnant.. just delivered my 2nd baby boy 2 mths plus ago.. hee
biggrin.gif

Hope you can see your lil' dot in your next checkup!
happy.gif
By the way, congrats to you!!

Hi Mei2,
Glad to see u here... !! wonder if there will be more Jan 2006 MTB.. ;-)

Hi Celine,
Congrats to you!.. I met Mei2 at another thread.. nice to see you here... I m 7 weeks now.. wonder if anyone is earlier than me?? my EDD is 2 Jan 06..

hi all, thanks. me 1st child. so very excited... hopefully will see the dot on my next appt on 25 May! btw, do u gals know of any good female gyane in gleneagles?

TTC2.. keke think still early ba :p mtbs will flock in later.. keke

hi celine.. eh sorry.. cant help u :p

hi mei2, no worries. i'll try to ask around
happy.gif

btw u mentioned that you are around 4wk preggie too. so did u manage to see a dot during ur ultracan? my gynae can't see the dot during the scan so she said she can't confirm my EDD. So i was juz wondering how come ur gynae can provide u with ur EDD. Sorry, me don't know how they calculate the EDD. maybe you can enlighten me...

hi celine.. my gynae is counting throught the 1st day of my last AF.. scan cant see anything yet coz still small...
happy.gif

today should be my 4weeks 5days
happy.gif
gotin gynae tomolo coz i got brownish discharge on friday.. gynae ask me to take Beta Hcg blood test to see if my bb is growing onot... so worried nw.. haiz
hope my bb is alrite..

Hi all.
I'm 10 days late. Tested with 2 home pregnancy kits and both came up with 2 blue lines, though one line is quite faint. Also I'm feeling bloated got the last week, belching & farting non-stop, at night feel like vomiting, but vomit air only and my stomach is full of gas. I'm most probably preggy right?

Really have mixed feelings now... cos I'm only 6 weeks into my marriage. Feel so unprepared to be a mum. We even took precautions.

yes queen.. think most prob u already preggy but its wise to test again 3 days later to confirm the line.. mine oso 1 faint and 1 dark @ 1st
happy.gif

well.. as u say 6 weeks into marriage.. i feel that wats urs is urs... cant avoid it
happy.gif
do make a wise choice to keep the bb ok
happy.gif

hi mei2, don't worry too much. u and bb shld be fine. read on the web dat it's not uncommon to have brownish discharge...
happy.gif

hi gals,me got a question. currently i'm seeing a gynae at TMC but tot of delivering in Gleneagles. so should go to gleneagles for my next appt? but if i don't feel comfortable with that gynae, is it not so nice to go back to the gynae at tmc?

thks celine
happy.gif

celine.. hmmm think if u go glen.E try out 1 appointment 1st.. then decide
happy.gif
whter u wan Glen.E or TMC
happy.gif

hi mei2, thanks for the advice. think i will do juz dat. btw do you have any good gynae to recommend in gleneagles? preferably female.

forgot to ask u, where are u intending to deliver?

celine.. i'm with TMC :p a female gynae also..
pasieh.. dunno any gynae from glen.E wor.. cant recommend
happy.gif

Hi Mei2,
we'll keep the baby. Well, I guess we'll never be prepared to have a kid until we have them huh?
Now the thing that is really bothering me is the gas in the stomach. I really belch and fart all the time! Lucky it's just small belching and small odorless farting. But my stomach is damn uncomfortable. Do you all have the same symptoms? Not even sure whether this gas thing is related to the pregnancy. I have yet to see a gynae cos didn't think we can see anything in the scanning. But I'm trying to make an appointment next week.

celine.. my gynae is Yvonne soong
btw me not comin into this thread anymore coz got a bad news... bb is gone..

see ya around and TAKE CARE !!!
SAFE 8 Months ok!!

Hello ladies,
I'm also expecting my baby to be born in Jan06. Its my 2nd baby which I have been trying from 2003 but managed to strike only this year. My gynae had not given me EDD yet cos he wants my pregnancy to stablise first. I had a m/c last Dec so now have to take care and pray hard. Wish all of us a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby!
happy.gif

hihi yasmine, congratz! it must have been a very trying period for u... let's hope we'll all have a healthy bb next year!

actually i'm also pretty worried, coz my mum's side has history of miscarriages. my cousin had a miscarriage early this year; her mum(who is my mum's 2nd sis) oso had miscarriages b4; and my 1st auntie(my mum's eldest sis) have countless miscarriages and is now childless. the only consolation is that my mum never had any miscarriages. but still, i'm juz worried i might inherit some of the "bad" genes from my aunties...

Hi celine, Thanks!

Dont worry. Pray hard and see your gynae religiously. Give whatever feedback or queries you have to your gynae or the nurse assisting him/her.
My LMP was 3 Apr, but I have a long cycle of 32 days. I dont know how many wks preggie I am. I remember ovulating on CD18. Can anyone help to calculate?

hi yasmine, thks. i will try to be more open with my gynae!
happy.gif

btw can anyone advice me was does AF mean? i have been seeing alot of it on the forum but juz can't figure out wat it stands for :p

my AF is late for 4 days liao. used clearblue and result is +. I hope to have a doggy bb instead but pregnancy calendar say due on 20 jan.. see how...

Hi all,

I am due on 6 Jan 2006. Officially 7 weeks and 2 days today. I am seeing gynae at NUH.

Scanned last week. Doc pointed out sac and white object (says that's fetal heart) at 4.11mm.

Going to scan again on 27th...to hear/see heartbeat this time round
happy.gif

hi sysa, congratz! now i'm on 5.5 weeks. and getting impatient already! can't wait to see the baby. still gotta wait for 9mths... *faint*! :p

hi all, i've just come into the circle. saw your messages, got me interested. gynae predict my baby to arrive around mid Jan 06. i've just done 2 scans, 1st one couldn't see anything, gynae say still too early. 2nd scan done yesterdae, finally saw the gestation sac, though still small. but i've been bleeding alittle these few days. although gynae says it's okay, and rather normal, coz about 40% mtb gets that, but still rather worried. any advise?

hihi sunny, i'm going to see Dr Chan Kong Hon for my next appt. good luck to you!
happy.gif

hihi yvonne,welcome and congratz! i suppose if the gynae say it's normal, then don't worry too much. i personally didn't have any bleeding so can't advise much. sorry. maybe the other gals can help.
happy.gif

Hi all, just confirmed yesterday that I'm going to have a Jan 06 baby too! Baby comes onli after almost 1 year of trying and we are estactic!
bounce.gif
Like all new MTB, I worry as well as we r not sure wat to expect and have heard horror stories...but an aunt has redirected me and made me stengthen my faith in God that He will give me a healthy baby. So keeping all mummies and babies in prayers, let us all go thru this wonderful process together!
kao_blush.gif

hi MTBs,
congrats! so excited for all of you...me trying for bb no.2 now so hopefully some gd news by jun/jul.

yvonne,
if ur bleeding continues on, u may wanna consult ur gynae or seek a 2nd opinion from another gynae. i had 8 GFs/colleagues/cousins who were pregnant n gave birth last yr. none of them had bleeding in their 1st trimester, even if it's their 1st pregnancy. bleeding in 1st trimester isnt gd n it shldnt prolong.

april1976,
hv faith in God! my son was born premature last oct at 2.8kg. he's now 7mths+, 8.7kg, doing very well.

celine,
i still remember very clearly when i was 3wks+ pregnant (we've been trying for abt 3mths so very excited when my menses was late for a wk, tgt wif confirmation from a pregnancy test). time flies, the next thing u know, u'll b 12wks preggie n 24wks, 36wks then u'll b popping n ur bb will b in ur arms.

i felt as if my pregnancy went thru so fast n i miss having my bb kicking inside me.

hi kelly, thanks! wish u good luck too and hope to hear good news from u soon
happy.gif

i'm really counting the days. i have only told my parents and brother about the good news. haven't even told my in-laws even thou i'm living with them at the moment. i will only tell them after the 1st trimester, coz i'm abit superstitious about revealing the good news too early. Have heard too many horror stories so just trying to do whatever I can to make sure I give birth to a healthy baby!
happy.gif

Thnks for welcoming me, celine...congrats to mushy brainz too! Hope more mummies can join us soon!

Can anyone advise me, other than folic acid, is there anything that i should be taking? Saw that there is actually a milk formula for pregnant mums, anyone taking that? Any recommendation? I had severe stomach cramps last nite but no bleeding, is that normal? Queen, my tummy feel funny too, very mild cramps all the time, gynae says its becos the blood is rushing to the area... will we feel this way thru out?
kao_scared.gif

celine,
i tik it shld b ok to share the news wif ur immediate family members. if u r superstitious, juz DONT announce it to anyone else. when i confirmed my pregnancy at 5wks+, i shared e news wif my immediate family n ILs. tat's all.

wif god's blessings, i shared e news wif my colleagues & immediate boss when i'm 7wks+ cos i was showing signs of nausea, coming 2 work late, fatigue, leaving work early. i needed them 2 understand y i'm behaving in tis manner.

april1976

i'm also experiencing bad cramps. after reading your post, i felt more relieved. i heard gotta take calcium. didn't your gynae give u a concoction of supp?

Thanks celine!
happy.gif

Hi all

My EDD is 6 Jan 06. Quite close to some of you here.
happy.gif

April1976
My gyane says that mild cramps are quite normal. But, do see doc immediately if there's any spotting / bleeding. Have you been taking any cooling stuff, perhaps, they aggrevate the cramps?

The gynae that I saw only ask me to eat folic acid. He says no need to take the multi-vits now as growth of bb in the 1st tri is independent of what the mummies eat. So, now I'm only taking the folic acid. I went to see the polyclinic for ante-natal earlier, and they also gave me iron pills. But, it causes constipation, so I take them once in a while.

BTW, which gynae are you gals seeing now? Can share info with me, pls? Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Hi all
I tested +ve last Sunday
happy.gif
couldnt believe it... tested another 3 times...

I should be 4.5 weeks now I guess, my visit to gynae last Friday also cannot see the sac, gynae says it's too early.
Will be going back mid june... hope to see BB by then.

april1976 & kelly
I also trust God that he will bless all of us a Strong and Healthy BB..
Praise God that he has blessed us with the little miracle in each of us...

Hello Mashy !!!
COngrats to you again!... So glad we are in the same thread...
Smooth 8 mths ahead!

Hi all,
Glad to know we are having more MTBs in this thread...

Hi Mashy and Cookie,
Din know you 2 had already contribute in this thread!
happy.gif

well, i should be into my 9 weeks next wk and going to my second scan on 26th.. the lst scan was done on my week 6 but can see nothing except for the sac.. hopefully this time round i can see the bb and hear the heartbeat!!
happy.gif

by the way, may i know what other symptoms do u all have..? i do not have any N** yet but i must say my apettie is SUPER bad... almost dun feel like eating at all but i know I MUST eat for the BB sake.. so any GOOD food to recommend? and any food DIE DIE cannot eat?

as for the milk formulae for preg mum.. i must say most preg woman dread drinking that and i have not have the courage to try either.. is there any other subsitute for that? haiz.. when u have no apettite for anything, i think its really hard to have a balanced and healthy diet..

Anyway let's all share in this thread and support each other during these 9 mths..
happy.gif

HI TTC2
my next appt is on 16th June.
I went to see a KKH gynae for my polyp last Friday and he know abt my +ve testing...as it was too early. he couldn't see anything from the detail scan on BB...so he suggest I go to my gynae in 4 weeks time and by then should see bb already. I'm looking forward to my appt with gynae
happy.gif

Good for you that u do not have any N** ( i suppose u meant m/s..), SO far I'm alright too except I feel bloated sometimes and very gassy in the stomach and feel sleepy
happy.gif
appetite still ok now...
happy.gif

Both my sister and mum has very bad M/s during preggy, my sister once told me maybe I will be like them too when I preggie...kekekeke... I'm speechless.

I'm not too sure abt food to eat or not. But I learnt from Ling that first trimester should not take Bu and Liang stuff. SO Bu soup and Liang stuff like water melon, bitter gourd, papaya, cabbage, lettuce,...
Then should eat lotsa protein items like eggs, fish, meat etc.
I read from a book which says in UK, they recommend pregnant women to NOT take any Liver becos Liver contain too high Vit A in which too high Vit A is not good for preggy women.

Oh I hate to drink milk too.. :p I ever thought if low fat yogurt can be a substitute think should ask gynae...
Do we have to drink those Milk Powder already??

Hi TTC

I share the same symptoms as you. My appetite is super bad, though I feel hungry. I don't feel like eating anything. But, somehow I still put on weight.
uhoh.gif
So far, I've put on abt 2 kg. I think it's quite normal. I also have quite bad m/s in the morning & evenings.

Yup, most of the foods to abstain are like what Cookie mention. Liver is a strict no-no, coz Vit A from animals can cause birth defects, plus no herbs, etc. Plus, no "RAW" food, dairy products and juices must be pasteurized, for us to consume, in case they have dangerous bacteria which might affect bb.
happy.gif

Hi Cookie
Any idea why can't take Bu stuff? I've been taking quite a fair bit of Bu soup.
uhoh.gif
BTW, if you dun like milk, you can ask your gynae for calcium supplements.
happy.gif

Back