(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

mashy think i m one of the earliest MTB in here... my EDD based on those online calculator is 2 Jan 06
happy.gif
so my guess is i might be a dec 05 mum after all...

as for whether it is 9 weeks? i just agar agar.. my last menses was 28 mar 05... can someone count the exact weeks i m in? ;)

ttc2,
ya 7mm ONLY lah... so small! keke...
i'm 6weeks 4 days according to the gynae.ya experience was exhilarating. tears nearly flow down when i heard my bb's heartbeat..
happy.gif

oh u are into ur 9th week then u shld see even more... let us know how ur appt tmr goes ya...
happy.gif

celine,
did u manage to take back the scan, can show it to us here??
happy.gif
think we should all start sharing the scan also... will be nice for those expecting their scan ;)

TTC2, my last menses is on 3 Apr, we are 5 days apart liao. If you are 9 wks, I shld be 8 wks + rite?! Wow! Thats exciting leh. I thought why so slow....now like hmmm so fast, 8wks tats 2 mths!
happy.gif

ttc2, ya i got back the scan, but i can only scan it into my computer over the weekend. coz need to use my dad's scanner and i only go back to my dad's place over the weekend.

yasmine, my appt today cost around $160.

yasmin,
erm this is my first appt with Dr Chan Kong Hon @ gleneagles. 2 weeks back, when i first found out i was pregnant, i went to see Dr Yvonne Chan @ TMC. Now i've decided to stick to Dr Chan K H @ gleneagles.

Hi Kelly,

I have a 23 months old girl girl.

Anyone know of a pro-natural birth gynae (i.e., not pro-epsiotomy,induction) and is affordable?

Hi minhui, wat do you mean by pro-natural birth gynae? I thought all gynaes can do natural birth leh.

Anyone heard abt www.newbaby.com.sg? It caters for confinement food. Any other confinement food caterers tat you gals know of?

Hi Yasmin,

pro-natural means that will not be kancheong to induce birth (such as bursting water bag, give drip) and allow a woman to birth as she likes, not necessary on a bed. Will not do the cut down there unless necessaery.

Mashy: I am having occassionaly cramp too machiam like PMS...scared...but no spotting..so still praying everything is ok...

mashy,
the first time i experience cramp is today, infact, its the middle of last nite. i think it's more like the gas causing my stomach to be bloated. it was so uncomfortable, it woke me up from my sleep. then after i went to the toilet to let off some "gas", it got slightly better.

now i still feel alittle crampy near the lower abdominal.

btw does any of u have yellow discharge(similiar to does during ovulation)? i have been having it since the beginning of pregnancy. is it normal? i'm afraid it's vaginal infection or something of this sort.

celine

me too!
I'm also having yellow discharge. Kind of worried. my cramps very siao siao. sometimes left, sometimes right, sometimes in the centre. now feel like having stitches (the type u get when u run too much).

Now, i everyday must cramp at least 1 time.
sad.gif

mashy,
hee... we same same... i think it's normal to have cramps lah. as long as no bleeding. then no need to worry too much.

mashy, I know they have but I am going to Mt A if everything goes smoothly...think they have birth mat, ball over there...

I think u have to pay an additional $200 to book that room and u definitely cannot birth in there..:p

Girls i like to check with u. Everytime u go visit yr doc do they take yr weight. cos me go for 3 visits, my doc yet to check on my weight. Pls advice

baobao, the nurse will make me take the urine test, weight and blood pressure everytime i go. she said it's standard procedure everytime.

mashy

icic... me have gone for 3 visit yet to check on my weight leh. Find is funny loh. But is it normal. Alot of pregnant lady are with him, he from TMC Dr Adrain

Mashy

He oni ask whether im eating good, i say yes. Thatall leh. Whenever i go, he will scan and ask me question and off i go. That it.

He have alot alot of patients under him. So me find kinda funny when he didn't measure my weight loh

Mashy
yes I'm a Christain.
I want to go buy the book too!!
My cramp are mostly in lower abdominal and in the middle... cramp so far dun run..
Everytime got cramp follow by discharge... I must go toilet to check... so scare it's spotting or what..phew!....
Oh I got discharge too...

Ladies.. we must be careful cos pregnancy easier to caught in yeast infection - Thrush...yuck!
it was said that reduce sugary intake will help to control the situation.....

kelly
Oh dear.. looks like i have to give up the balance durian.. very nice ley...yum yum...
I have eating 3 - 4 seeds eachnite for 3 nites liao :p.
I Better play safe than sorry

Kriss
Thanks.. so I'm not alone :p me only nipple itchy. But I see that the green vein are more visible on the breast now.. read a book which says it's normal.

hi baobao, i don't know about ur gynae but both gynaes i went to, took all those 3 tests i mentioned, urine, weight and blood pressure.
my gynae told me today that i'm only allowed to put on 1kg from now till week 12 or issit week16, can't remember. keke...

cookie

U can get that at Life Bookshop. Yeast infection... can take yoghurt too. I'm also so scared kenna spotting. every time go toilet keep checking my pantiliners. Looks pink but my hb says not spotting lah. If it's blood will be brown already.

mashy: birth mat is some sort like gym mat I guess...
bao bao: In my previous pregnancy, they measure my weight and do the urine labstix test and take blood pressure everytime.

mashy
hmm right lor..spotting should brown or fresh blood. But if only a pink spot.. strange hor..
Life bookshop... where is their outlet? Tampines mall for one isit?

Celine
wow 1 kg only till 12 weeks... I must control my diet strictly liao...

Hi gals
My gynae says that cramping is very normal. So don't worry lah. But, if very painful or have spotting / bleeding, then, must go consult gynae.

Mashy
Thanks, I'll go look for the book.

Celine
Your 3D machine sounds so cool. Wah, your bb is so big. When I saw the gynae 2 weeks ago (i.e. in 6 weeks), my bb was 2.5mm. So small hor..
happy.gif
I must say the feeling was great to know that there's heartbeat & that I've no fibroids. It's such a relief. I guess that's what being a mummy is abt. :p

Bao Bao
During my 1st gynae visit, doc checked my blood pressure & nurse took my weight, but no urine tests.

krissie, sorry i tried to find it but can't seem to be able to find the thread anymore. i think the best thing is for u to go and see the doc personally. then u can be the best judge.
and ya the machine does seem cool but i don't think it's alot of difference from the normal 2D ones. i'm surprise thou tat ur bb is so small, issit possible? i tot the size of the foetus determines how many weeks we are in? unless i'm wrong. keke...

yes cookie, my gynae said dat... so i better watch my diet too. anyways, he said juz eat as per normal. don't need to drink those milk formula or watsoever. said it will only make me fat. keke...

Celine
No prob, thanks for the help.
happy.gif
Actually, I went to see him already. Thought that he's quite ok loh. But, will be seeing another gynae then decide between the two. May I know how much is Dr Chan's package, pls?

Ya, I asked my hb, bb was 2.5mm during our visit. My EDD is 6 Jan 06.

Hi all

Last nite after dinner at hawker centre... suddely I had a very sharp pain around gastric and stomach... so scare... quickly went home to rest... Thank God the pain came by once only.

Celine >> so we dun need to start taking Milk first is it?? just eat normal in trimester??

hi krissie,
ic, dat's good. see another gynae then u can compare loh. erm, i'm not sure about Dr Chan's package leh, haven't ask him yet.

hmm... strange hor, how come so big diff in size.. anyways.. as long as healthy can liao lah..
happy.gif

cookie, ya seems like it leh. coz doc didn't ask me to drink milk. i guess can take fresh milk but no need to take those milk formula (powder kind) loh... he said those are very fattening.

Hi all,
Had my first gynae visit last night. So excited to hear my BB's heartbeat! He told me that I'm 8 weeks liao. I told him cannot be cos 8 weeks ago I had my menses. So he said usually gynaes add 2 weeks, so I'm most probably 6+ to 7 weeks.
Is that true?

And I've already put on 2.5kg. Is it me or is my BB big? So excited to hear the heartbeat that I forgot what is the BB's size. The m/c said my EDD is 1st Jan 06 but the gynae's computer calculated 3rd Jan. The Babycenter website said 12th Jan. Heehee... which one to believe?

Did any of you have to buy bigger clothes? My mid-waist jeans are giving a hard time. Had to unbutton after eating. Think I will haveto go buy those low rise jeans... Don't like to wear those though.

Mummy's Name EDD Hospital
1. queen 1 Jan
2. TTC2 2 Jan
3. krissie 6 Jan
4. Bao Bao 9 Jan
5. yasmin 10 Jan
6. celine 14 Jan
7. mashy brainz
8. el2004
9. cookie
10. Sysa
11. Yvonne
12. Muah
13. Min Hui 27 Jan
14. april 27 Jan

Envy queen n celine! Can hear baby's heartbeat, my next appt is at 9 Jun! Hopefully can hear that too! So exciting!!

Gals, can check wat is the difference between discharge n spotting? My gynae says that there might be some brown discharge which is normal...but i'm not sure I'm spotting or it is just the brown discharge...there was a spot of brown liquid...thinking of waiting til my next appt to ask...

queen,
by the way what is m/c? how come you have so many EDD??
happy.gif
i thought i be the first Jan MTB but you are really the first :p i m going to my 2nd appt later.. will update again! ;)

Mummy's Name EDD Hospital
1. queen 1 Jan
2. TTC2 2 Jan
3. krissie 6 Jan
4. Bao Bao 9 Jan
5. yasmin 10 Jan
6. celine 14 Jan
7. mashy brainz
8. el2004
9. cookie 27 Jan
10. Sysa
11. Yvonne
12. Muah
13. Min Hui 27 Jan
14. april 27 Jan

Hi everyone
Joined the Dec MTB earlier as I calculated the EDD wrongly. Seen the gynae today and my EDD is now 11 Jan which means I am about 7+ weeks pregnant. I think I am on the bigger side as I cann't fit into any of my clothes anymore and have started wear maternity clothes.

Cookie - normally after lunch time, I am always very sleepy and I think I can fall asleep anytime.

April
Thanks for collating.
happy.gif
Sorry, don't know the difference between discharge and spotting too. Maybe spotting means spots of blood? whilst brown discharge is like those which we get before and after menses.

Queen
I think is the diff in date is due to the way the date is calculated. I think most gynaes will take the first day of your last menses to compute. So, like I'm officially 8 weeks plus, but the baby was only conceived for about 5 weeks plus. My gynae said that based on the ultrasound scan can also determine the EDD based on bb's size, but, he says now is too soon, so will be using the first day of my last menses to compute. They usually use the scan to compute EDD later in pregnancy, maybe 2nd or 3rd tri.

hi yuen yuen
Congrats.. Don't worry, the dress which I'm wearing today is also v tight.. I think today will be the last time I'm wearing too. Which gynae are u seeing now?

hi yuen yuen, congratz and welcome to this thread!

wow u so fast can wear maternity dress liao ar? i think i still got a LOOOONG way to go.... can't wait to shop for maternity clothes. keke...

Hi Krissie
I am seeing Dr Lai Fong Meng from A company for Women. I asked him which hospital he can deliver my bb and he said any hospital I select, so I can go around 'shopping' for the hospital.

I have put on about 2kg already... very worry as I read that we should be only gaining 10kg for the full term. But anyway, during my first pregnancy I gain 16kg so maybe 2kg is not that bad.

Back