(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

Hi all!
Wow, the postings are really coming fast! For those having MS, is there any food coming out in the vomit? I don't feel nauseous but somtimes will still feel the urge to vomit and no food comes out except for lots of gas. Worse still, I'm having stomach pains due to the bloatedness and had to take a M/C today to rest. I hope this doesn't continue to the entire 9 months. Damn 'xin ku'.

Didn't tell anyone yet except a very good friend of mine who commented that I seem to have put on a little bit of weight in the middle since she last saw me, which is about 1 month ago! I was thinking, wow, cannot be so fast can see right?

BTW, if I want to go Gleneagles, can I have a gynae from TMC?

queen

it depends on whether your gynae got 'license' to deliver at gleneagles. usually it's between mte & gleneagles, tmc & mt alvernia. maybe u can check with your gynae.

Hi mashy, we have to gynae immediately if we are bleeding. Also have heard that have sudden gash of water not urine we have to immediately go to A&E. This happened to 2 ladies in their 2nd trimester, so they were warded and monitored closely. 1 was having twins and was warded frm 4th mth of pregnancy to 8th mth when she delivered.

yasmin

wow. warded for so long. the hospital bills must be sky high!

How much bleeding is bad? If just a tiny drop considered?
Bad cramps leh?

Hi queen, during my 1st pregnancy whatever I ate all came out. But this pregnancy is much better but I think I ate something really wrong just now. Think food was too oily, feel nauseaous now and feel like food up to my throat.

Does anyone continue exercising?

yasmin

haven't been exercising much. Don't think i wanna take it up now in my 1st trimester. maybe 2nd trimester when it's less risky then i go swimming.

I think best is to call clinic and ask advise frm the nurses leh, not necessary to talk to gynae lor. They can advise what is best. I read in the internet bad cramps yes, but how to define bad cramps, cos it varies from each person depending on ones threshold for pain.

yasmin,

i have stopped all exercises, including golf. think i will stay away from sports till after i give birth...

but i suppose light exercises like swimming during 2nd trimester is fine. for first trimester, think bb will not stable, i will refrain from any exercises.

hi ladies, would like to join in the sharing as well, currently 8 weeks pregnant :>

I have no pregnancy symptoms to date and was getting paranoid, although scans and blood tests by the doc shows that my pregnancy is proceeding normally. So was very consoled to read from your postings that some of you do not experience any symptoms to date yet :>

To mashy,
I think you should see a gynae immediately if you experience any bleeding or severe cramping.

hihi el2004! congratz and welcome!
happy.gif

i'm so envious, u are already in ur 8th week. i can't wait to be "more" pregnant. i'm only 6wks...

i suppose no pregnancy symptoms is good news. i.e. no MS... keke

el2004

Just wanna know under what circumstances we have to see gynae immediately. just now saw a little pink on my pantiliner. dunno whether it's blood or not. i think i'll monitor the situation first.

ya boy! i can't wait for 1st trimester to be over, so dat firstly, i can ANNOUNCE to the whole world. and 2ndly, can buy maternity clothes! :p

Hi ladies! I spoke too soon! I just went to puke! I HATE IT! I thought this pregnancy smooth but not leh! I am also guilty of eating all that oily food!

Welcome el2004! wow 8 wks already thats like 2mths leh! CONGRATS!

yasmine,
heeheee... hope u are feeling better after puking..think i better don't complain about not feeling pregnant too! :p

Hi El2004
Welcome and congrats! 8 weeks liao...

Celine
U are so funny :p
I read your posting and wanna laugh out cos I also wanna tell the whole world and buy Maternity Clothes!!!! ekekekekeke

This weekend I got a gals nite out gathering... I will have to lun to not tell them about me preggie and also must excuses to avoid smoky area and drinking of alcohol....wow dunno how.. hopefully they dun come tell me I put on weigh...wawawakakaka

Celine
Come of my skirts are too tight to wear already. I'm fat liao. BTW, which gynae are you seeing at Gleneagles?

Yasmin
Wow, you're 2nd time mummy, can share your tips with us lah. I'm still exercising, though not as often as last time. Don't want to put on so much weight mah. I'm also very excited to be buying maternity clothes. any cheap & good shops to recommend us?

Queen
I've puked twice so far, once with a bit of food, the other time with only water. My m/s is very funny, sometimes, when I brush teeth or drink plain water, I'll feel like puking.

El2004
Congrats, I'm 8 weeks too.
happy.gif
When's your EDD? Mine's on 6 Jan 06.

Mashy
I think better to monitor closely. My GP told me that it's quite common to have bleeding / spotting. I think 30% of the preg women get it. But, to be on the safe side, if it's really bleeding / spotting, I think best to see gyane soon. I think they can give some medicine for this. Do take good care of yourself.
happy.gif

hi gals, u gals r really excited!
biggrin.gif
so many postings! good, good, i like! Err.. now there r so many Jan mummies that I lost track...congrats to all!

thanks cookie for the recommendation, may go n see him. At first, thought today is a good day cos dun feel so nausea but then feel worried cos got spotting today...sigh..

i also saw some veri veri nice maternity wear from motherhood at yahoo auctions. thinking of getting the pants already cos dun like to wear tight pants now n feeling bloated n think tummy getting bigger(my fats rite...) anyone knows any shop that sells nice maternity wear?

celine, will yr PILs get angry if u dun tell them of yy pregnancy, i know my MIL will cos she will feel that we dun treat her like family..as for my frens, like the rest, also cant wait to announce but guess have to learn to contain!!

Hi gals

I've gained wt too! Abt 1 kg leh. And I'm only in my fifth week! Maybe it's the durians. It's ok to eat durians right? Can make baby grow faster right?

hi krissie(cleo), dun know when is my due date yet, gynae have not dated for me. But if i use the internet site to calculate, should be early Jan too :>

hi krissie, i'm seeing Dr Chan Kong Hon. Who are u seeing?

hi april1976, i don't think my pil will be angry coz they are quite easy going pple. furthermore i got a very rude sil(my husband's brother's wife) so i'm already in their good books! :p

Hi krissie, I too have been doing some stretch exercises everyday for abt 5 - 10 mins. I think it is really wise to continue these stretch exercises throughout the pregnancy. cos for my 1st pregnancy I did not do any exercise and my limbs were like a robot not flexible at all. It was very difficult to move around especially after birth leh.

Recently there was a case in the papers, pointed out by my HB that a woman went into coma as she did not do any exercise when she was pregnant which caused a clot somewhere in her leg which lead to the coma. So it was said that it is very impt for pregnant women to do leg exercise.
happy.gif

Hi good morning!

yasmin
will still exercise lah. Just later when the baby stabilizes. After that have to do some stretching exercises. I read on a lot of books they always give exercise demo on how to stretch & exercise.

Morning! have gathered all the names of Jan06 MTB. Can all add in your EDD when it is more or less confirmed so that we can count down n celebrate!
kao_clap.gif

Not in any particular order

1. queen
2. mashy brainz
3. celine
4. yasmin
5. el2004
6. cookie
7. april
8. krissie
9. TTC2
10. Sysa
11. Yvonne
12. Muah

one question, have not been feeling nausea this 2 days, thot it will go away onli in the 12th wks, is this normal?

FYI, actually, there are lots of books on exercising for pregnant mothers available in the library. Just borrowed pilates for pregnant women. I think should exercise as we tend to over-rest cos its our first baby!

celine, i'm glad yr PIL are such easy-going people, my MIL is from a different world....

Hi, I am new here too. EDD is to be 27 Jan. I should be 4 weeks plus now. Just got tested positive last Sat! Excited now but yet anxious as I was diagnosed as hypothyroid after my last pregnancy. Condition is stabilised after taking TCM but dunno whether my bb is having enough hormone.

Am thinking of going to polyclinic as I think I will need monthly blood testing.

Hi gals
I like the design at Spring Maternity. They have an outlet at Suntec. I think also another at Raffles Place. Hee hee.. but don't dare to go in to browse yet, coz tummy is still quite small. So pai sei.
happy.gif

April
Have u gone to see a gynae yet? Pls take good care of yourself.

Mashy
I've put on 1.5kg so far too. But, my weight dropped a bit over the pass few days. I heard that eating durians will make bb's skin not so smooth. But, I don't know how true it is.

Celine
Have not fixed my gynae yet. I went to see this Dr See Tho at Gleneagles 2 weeks ago. Have you heard of him? I've also made appt to see Dr Ho (Mt A) coz I saw many good reviews abt him from the forum. But, don't know how good he is.
happy.gif
Hope that I'll like him.

Yasmin
Thanks for the advice, I shall try to do the stretching everyday. Actually, I was quite active before pregnant, so already cut down on those jumping exercises.
happy.gif
I love swimming, but coz I go to the public pool opp my place, it's quite crowded, then, I have to keep turning my head to look out for them... make me so dizzy.

Min Hui
Congrats..
kao_clap.gif
you're like Yasmin, second time mummy.

april thanks for consolidating
happy.gif

Mashy
I have been eating some durian for past 3 days too ley cos my FIL bought a box for me and I eat a few seed each day... I love durian...yumyum
I hope durian is ok to be eaten during 1st trim hor...
But I also read from other thread that Durian is a kind of Bu... though I dunno why durian can eb Bu and preferbly eat after 1st trim...
I guess eat in moderation should be ok ba?

anyone has any advise on eating Durian during 1st trim?

Oh I just want to update...
I just went to see my thyroid specilist this morn, he said I can stop taking medication for my thyriod problem now since it is in the normal range + pregnancy will usually improve the condition better. Although after pregnancy there is high possibility of releasp...

Anyway really Thank God that he has been so kind and Good to me and Pray that He will continue to bless each and every one of us through out our pregnancy and beyond.

Oh 1 more qn for advise..
Since yesterday I notice both of my nipple very very itch(the left side more severe).... can this be a sign of pregnancy? or maybe my nipple coming up with infection...oh oh...

krissie
Really? Durian can make skin rough? I dunno leh. I eat 2 seeds on Sun. Yummy.

cookie
Thank God it's in normal range. You Christian too? I bought a book yesterday on praying for your unborn child. Very interesting. U can start praying for them at each stage of their growth & for them not to inherit any hereditary conditions. Now everyday praying that the baby will be healthy and growing well.
happy.gif

itchy nipples? Dunno leh. My symptoms have been mild so far. Maybe next week will see more changes.

cookie

I just read on a Chinese website that in the 1st trimester, it's not advisable to take 'bu' coz' this is the vital period for the formation of the baby's organs. Durian is considered 'bu'. So shouldn't eat.

Jia lard. I've been eating durians for 2 weekends in a row. Luckily last week only ate 2. But the week before, heh heh. Think I swept clean a whole durian.

min hui, yasmin,
how old r ur bbs now? i hv a 7.5mths old bb boy n planning for a 2nd bb now.

cookie,
not advisable to take durians in e 1st trimester. too heaty for bb. durians r only recommended after 1st trimester.
itchy nipples r ok. i experienced it b4 too. i dunno if u can even feel funny sensation in ur breasts. i checked wif my GFs then n they advised tat it's our milk glands getting ready during ur pregnancy.

mashy brainz,
can u tell me which book u got? i heard abt Supernatural Childbirth but never got round 2 reading it. is it the same book?

Mummy's Name EDD Hospital
1. queen
2. mashy brainz
3. celine
4. yasmin
5. el2004
6. cookie
7. april
8. krissie
9. TTC2
10. Sysa
11. Yvonne
12. Muah
13. Min Hui

April
Yes, thanks for collating.
happy.gif

Cookie
Thank GOD, It's great to hear the good news. Ya, read from the book that our breasts and tummy might be itchy, coz the skin is stretching since it's expanding. BTW, my nipples and breasts are also itchy. So, I think it's normal.

Mashy
Abt the durian causing bb's rough skin was what one of the mummies told me. I would like to pray for bb to grow well too. How thick is the book and how much it is? Thanks! Might go buy it this weekend.

Kelly, my 1st boy is 2yrs and 9 mths old.

Hmmm...pilates exercises during pregnancy sounds interesting. Ok, I will check it out soon!

Hi April 1976, my gynae has not given me edd yet leh. But checked the internet, shld be ard 10 Jan 06, which is Hari Raya Haji - PUBLIC HOLIDAY ( I LUV PUBLIC HOLIDAYS!)
happy.gif

welcome baobao and min hui! congratz!
happy.gif

thks april and kelly for consolidating...
happy.gif

Krissie,
i have read about dr see tho in the forum. but can't remember wat's the review. so can't comment much. sorry.

i juz came back from my appt with dr chan kong hon. he seems like a nice guy. can speak very well. i got to see my little feotus on his 3D machine. was so cool! heard the baby heartbeat too... !

my EDD is 14 Jan 06... can't wait for the baby to pop!

yes mashy, it was great. but i think would be even better when the bb is bigger and can see the face and limbs... now my bb is only the size of a grain of rice. 7mm to be specific! keke...

his machine is one of the main reasons i chose to see him. another reason is it's location. more convenient for me, and less traffic compared to TMC.

Mashy, cos of my previous m/c gynae wanted to play safe...he will edd when pregnancy is stable lor.

wow celine,
your bb already 7mm?? how many weeks are u in again? must be a real nice experience for you.. i m going for my second appt tml.. it is my 9 weeks. hopefully i can see my bb too!! ;)

Back