(2004/12) Year 2004 December Mummies

seagal
actually hor~~ i have not decide when to send declan leh. i m just looking out for alternatives. maybe when he is 4 yr old , then i send

carnelin

dun worry too much, milk now becomes a supplement - more like provide calcium. if she does not want milk, and if u want calcium for her, then you can buy the japanese Wakami seaweed. it provides 8 x more calcium than milk.

does celine wanna drink packet or fresh milk?

ethel,
riverlife's fees are pretty affordable: S$210 per month across all levels from pre-nursery to k2. their pre-nursery class is 3 hours daily. =)

mngo,
since u mentioned the subject of fresh milk. what brands are suitable for our todds?

Jen,
i recalled that jeanieve has been taking UHT milk. what brand is good and anything to look out for when it's first introduced to them?

seagal, i dun particularly look for any brand... usually grab the cheapest... hehehe... she likes Magnolia (Smoo) in small packets... So far she has taken:
- UHT (Cowhead, Dutch Lady, Greenfields, Magnolia, Marigold & SK)
- Fresh Milk (Meiji & Farmhouse)

seagal,
that's what my first guess too, but after i tasted it, nope, nothing's wrong with the milk.. but now i am more ease, because she increasing eating her solids
happy.gif
thank you so much

mgo,
thank you
happy.gif
yeah i guess i'm worrying too much
(i even get a headache because of this). cellin do eat seaweed (she really like cooked sushi)..
happy.gif

cellin didn't like formula
sad.gif
that's why i turned to UHT from about a year ago, i guess until 4 days ago, no more
sad.gif

now that i'm more relieve .. i can share .. today's cellin first day in the daily playgroup, and she didn't cry (well just 2 minutes in the entry but when she see toys bye bye tears).. but i think the teacher is overloaded (handling 10 out of 16 kids that cry) and only 2 teachers.. i don't know how their going to handle it on the
next day when parents aren't allowed in anymore..

jenjen,
yeah cellin the same, i used to gave her marigold but only last for couple of days because cellin didn't like it, and then now dutch lady and last for about 3 months until now
sad.gif

maybe i should give her another flavor.. hmm any suggestion?

seagal,
yeah UHT is like that, actually we can only give tods UHT because almost no bacteria, we can not give them fresh unpasteurised milk.

i remember a PD in indonesia (that joined unicef and active in childs development research) said that UHT milk are better than formula, because sometime formula contain too much that can cause tods kidney to overwork, she suggest fresh UHT milk (pasteurised), because its natural and contain almost everything a tods need (but NOT suitable for baby under a year)

carnelin

wow celine started play group ! she's such good gal and din cry
happy.gif

by the way, kids after 1 year old not necc need formula milk. in the western culture and country, there is no formula for kids abv 12 mths as they would hv all migrated to drink cow fresh milk
happy.gif

carnelin

wow celine started play group ! she's such good gal and din cry
happy.gif

by the way, kids after 1 year old not necc need formula milk. in the western culture and country, there is no formula for kids abv 12 mths as they would hv all migrated to drink cow fresh milk
happy.gif

mgo,
yeah i'm proud of her too, she's one of the around 6 kids that didn't cry (other cry until the end of the class)..

that's right, cow fresh milk (pasteurised) is better
happy.gif

carnellin,
Glad to know cellin is better.
happy.gif

and thanks for the info on UHT/fresh milk.

MILK
Rae likes cold fresh milk with cereal :p
and I sometimes pack a packet of UHT(?)milk for her if we are out for long .
She has tried strawberry, chocolate, banana milk. Thankfully, they agree with my milk junkie.

joann,
another pram collector!!
happy.gif

Ju is a very gentle and sweet boy.

<font color="ff0000">Schools</font>

carnellin,
Your cellin adapts well. first day n no tears. wow.

seagal,
what is the teacher-pupil ratio at shermyn's kindy?
Its so good that the north/east side has so many choices and the mummies can share info.
my side is a 'mature' ageing estate.. sigh..
I literally walked n combed the area to find one, without success.

Ethel,
character monte has a branch in AMK. read good comments abt it.

I think attending 'school' 'independently' is a milestone for our tods n ourselves:p
can mummies share on:
1)How do/will you prepare them for it?
2)What snack do you pack for them?
3)How to ease separation anxiety, for them n us:p
4)What is their bag?
5)Boost immunity? How?
6)How to communicate to the teacher if they are thirsty/hungry/cold/warm/urgent etc...
7)What do you dress them in to stay comfy?
8)Anything else?

Ethel....sorry, did not log-in over the SUPER LONG....the trial class cost $30+, I think. Itz on every Sat @12:45pm. U can try calling Jus Music @63444420...09-04 Parkway Centre, the one wif McDonald @1st level. Let me kno if u r going...

lachesiz, for my twins, i sent them to childcare when they turned 18mths.
1) i didn't really prepare them for that, just told them they were going to school to play with new friends. started with going over for 2 hours, then slowly increased the time as the days go by.
2) i prepared some biscuits or bread, and formula milk for them for the first few days in case they go on strike and refuse to eat the porridge in school. then when they've passed that phase, i only prepared formula milk for them so that they can drink after their afternoon nap. but as of today, their teacher told us not to bring anymore millk for them cos they're going to let them take rice and those..dessert (green bean soup, etc)
3) For separation anxiety, just have to let them go. actually, i heard from my friend (she's a childcare teacher), she said tt normally, it's the parents who can't let go. hehe. but just have to leave them there and walk away, even though they might be crying. then after awhile they shld be fine (at least this was the case for my twins)
4) initially, we let them each bring a bag. so they had 2 bags. then, they started to refuse to carry their bags. eventually, we gave up and just bring one big backpack with their towels, clothes, etc.
5) They fell ill quite often when they started childcare. Actually, even b4 they started schooling, their immune system wasnt very good. think cos i was very weak when i was young, always had to be admitted to hospital cos of asthma, high fever, blar blar, so they prob inherited some of this from me. I took them for the pneumocaccol jabs. Then also give them colostrum (from GNC) every morning, cod liver oil, and multi vit and vit c (on alternate days). Think they fall ill less often now. But i really envy you all... and i think my kids would envy all your kids also. hehe. we nv let them touch cold drinks, drink green tea, packet drinks, eat fried food, sweet pastries, blar blar. we (or rather, i) tend to restrict them quite alot.. duno if it's bad or good..sigh..
6) For this, i think they would have their own ways ba.. and i think the teachers would be experienced enough to look for signs? hehehe
7) School uniform. No choice. hehe
8) Should be all.

LL, any webby on the trial class? Let me know if it's good k? haha. feel like exposing them to abit of music.

lach,
same like Z-lia i didn't tell her we are going to school, actually i follow my mom's she never tell us we are going to school or lesson or whatever, just when we get there she'll tell us, you'll be here for like ...hour or minutes than i pick u up, yeah i have good memory since i was 3 yrs old. i remember being scared for the first day at kindergarten but when i see other kids i fascinated by our differences so i didn't cry anymore.

so when we entered the class room (me and cellin) i remain calm, and she can feel me, i think thats makes her calm too and play straight away
happy.gif
occassionally she just checking on me (am i still in the room or not), well i don't blame her because the class room is filled with around 40 adults (gees) only 16 students but some parents bring also their grandparents and even take pictures in the classroom, making other kids confused and i think scared (because they are crying a lot)

so i'm hoping today will be different, no more full pack family (oh yeah there's a few family bring also brothers and sisters), one parent or caretaker enough for 1 kid
happy.gif

about the immune system, well in this playgroup they don't alowed kids with cough or cold or any sickness to attend. when cellin still want to drink her milk i gave her flinstone multi v 5 days ago
sad.gif
) by mixing it with her milk but now i haven't figure out how...

hmm if the room is too cold i watched other parents put another clothes before the uniform, or jacket on the outside..

if it is too hot
happy.gif
i don't know because the uniform just built to be like that heheee
happy.gif

because cellins class only from 10.45-12.30 i just bring her drink..

oh yes, i don't knoe either how the teacher will know cellin is hungry, or whatever... but in this pg they have time fir drink, toilet n stuff like that.. (i suppose)

seagal,
the brand of the stroller is Geoby. i dont know whats umbrella close is. geoby closes by releasing a catch at the bottom and close by pulling two handles towards each other.

ethel,
holy grace takes in for kids that turns 4 which is technically 2008 for our kids. i think registration opens in feb 2007. so when ju starts next yr, in fact he will just be 3yrs old as they are dec kids.

lach,
rae is so sweet, i commented that her shoe is pretty that day and she said red colour. she is such a darling.

heehee i'm so happy for all the compliments for cellin, but
sad.gif
she doesn't want me to leave yet, her eyes still checking on me... but i hope she'll get used to the class room and don't mind if i leave
happy.gif

2nd day story,
still many kids crying and right now i'm sure the teachers are overloaded

CHEERS,
to those babies that didnt cry on the 1st day to school... barbie CRIED and CRIED for nearly half the lesson even with my mum sitting beside her.. cos 2 months school holiday never attend class she FORGOTTEN what school is abt...

Lach,
barbie no cure liao... i think we most likely have to opt out of the daily N1 class and return back to her twice a wk playgroup class.. told her last night tmr go class cannot cry, she replied "barbie no want go class.. barbie go class cry cry"

separation anxiety,
do u all practice letting them go... leave them there and walk away?? my mum says she cant do that.. cos if she really does that, barbie will be scared terribly and will not even go class again..

cody
hv rec the cds..

mummies who want a copy, pls gimme let me know..
pls also pm me yr add so i can mail to u. will advise cost later. i need to go buythe blank cds to burn..
happy.gif

carnellin/mngo,
i am a bit confused. is there a difference between cow fresh milk (pasteurised) and UHT milk?

jen,
thanks for the info! wah....so many brands. dunno where to start.

carenellin,
kudos to brave girl Cellin!! give us tips on how u prepare her for 1st day of school.

lach,
i think the teacher-pupil ratio is 2:15.

i rem seeing the little skoolhouse at OCC (where BJG was). no good?

joann,
thanks for checking the brand for me. An umbrella stroller is a lightweight stroller which looks like this i.e. with minimal cushion and accessories.

636237.jpg

Ethel,
count me in for the photos cd. thanks for your initiative to help burn them! =)

elmobbger,
oh dear, ger cried for so long she must be real upset. i think i will be torn too if i'm in your position. the turkey treatment might help but that's provided the teacher in class is good at taking care and assuring/distracting her once ur mum leaves the room. also, this suggestion might be better if ger is not like shermyn or cellin who will cry till vomit, haha. otherwise, i can't imagine the mess.

how about letting ger bring sth to class for the other kids? that should hopefully help her open up to them e.g. biscuits, tidbits? or maybe you can bring her favourite soft toy or other comfort object to class?

We finally brought Shermyn cycling at East Coast Park over the new year weekend.

Eeeks! What is this ??
(First time her feet touched sand .... she simply gave a "disgusted" expression and insisted that we brushed them off clean.)

636441.jpg

After some whining and crying, she finally took to the bicycle child seat with more ease. We almost gave up after she told us that she didn't want to sit in it halfway through!
636442.jpg

More smiles finally!! At least that make us feel worth the trip bringing the bikes all the way there. Phew.

636443.jpg

636444.jpg

seagal,
UHT and pasteurised is the same
happy.gif
heehee they are both fresh cow milk that was 'sterilized' so no more bacteria and tods can enjoy the goodness from them directly without having it boiled

shermyn looks so happy hahaahaa mommy's pic have to be replaced :D
i think i'll know cellin's reaction to sand (she never feel it too), mostly the same like shermyn
happy.gif

about preparing cellin for her first day school, nothing.. absolutely nothing, but i just keep in mind that never forced her to do something, like when she learned to walk, when she is ready she'll let my hands go, that's why with this school thing i didn't leave her until she leave me first.. yesterday she even cry went i want to bring her home (she like it there) all fun and games for her.. i just make sure to her that we are playing (this is still playgroup anyway),.. jusy don't put any pressure or expectation, somehow kids can feel that heehee
happy.gif

Dear all, wishing everybody a belated Merry Christmas and Happy 2007s. Also Happy 2th birthdays to all the lovely boys and girls.
Saw the beautiful photo of the Christmas party, it must be FUN!

We had a short holiday in HK Dec14-18 and both kids love the trip, esp the Disneyland (though it rains for 2 whole days).
Also MIA as have no access to internet for past 3 weeks &amp; also crashed by work...

seagal,
ju loves the sand. usually we put him naked, no diapers too on the sand. he is well trained by his papa who loves the beach

yap,
how was HK? i am bring my 2 boys there end jan.. i heard that there are not much rides for the little ones.. did u visit ocean park?
where did u stay?

Pre-Nursery....I had stopped Stef @ Jeet's Skool wic is mor of a childcare centre. Will put her up @Kinderland which offer 2hr programme in March after the CNY break. Mommy allowed to accompany bb until bb is comfortable to be left alone....itz a toddler programme - KinderPlay.

elmo, re: separation anxiety, i just left with them crying. Initially i couldnt bring myself to do so, then the teacher told us that we would have to try. normally within 2 weeks they would be fine. For my boy, he was ok after a few days (teachers say that he's easier to hong3). For my gal, it took her 2 weeks. There were a few days that we had to fetch her home early cos she went on strike, refused to eat anything in school. Then during the first two weeks, after leaving them in school, i'll feel super bad, and start wondering how come i can't be a SAHM, and all the crap. hee. but now, the both of them are enjoying school.

carnellin,
i see. thanks for your advice.
I bought SMOO strawberry for shermyn to try but she took only 1 sip and didn't like it. maybe i should start with vanilla flavour but its oos.

Joann,
u mean ju goes completely naked at the beach? erm ... aren't u afraid of sand flies or other insects? hehe.

LL,
didn't know steffi started school too. where is this Jeet's Skool? i recalled u were checking out little skoolhouse the last time.

Kinderland is quite good. My nephew used to go there.

seagal,
cellin didn't like strawberry too, she can even taste the difference in each vanilla.. so she put me in a lot of trial and error too

kinderland rite? hmm are there any in the west?

seagal,
east coast beach is very clean, no sand fly/insects. so far so good. normally we will go to the beach first than proceed to the waraku jap restaurant. have you tried before, ju loves the food there. there is a new BK there, very big and nice, can then go to the beach. i am planning to bring ju for the ommelette breakfast than beach.
btw, i bought the stroller at the bedok central

joann,
we spotted sandflies at the beach so balek kampong after less than 10 mins. now u know that we are super protective!

oh yes, we saw the new BK there.

would u be going to the beach this weekend ? We might be going on Sunday morning if weather permits.

which shop did u buy the stroller from? is it the one quite near to shop n save selling kids' stuff and facing the upcoming new hdb flats?

seagal,
we are simply bo chap !!!
we are going on sat just before lunch so that after that can bath him there, in the sea and then in the toilet. sunday morning is out, will be in church.

i think that should be the one, its the same row as bengawan solo but the other end right.

Re: Smoo Vanilla
This has a VERY rich vanilla taste and smell... Jean likes it and can finish the whole 180ml in one shot... but if u are just introducing UHT or fresh milk, not sure if u need LOTS of trials... we slowly introduce fresh/UHT milk to her and it took weeks (if not months) of sipping only 30ml max... I prefer only plain flavoured milk for Jean, though I myself love choc! hehehe...

Pardon me for intruding
yuru
How come u are not allowed in the class?
The AT that keira attend insisted one parent shld be inside the classroom. Parents can only leave when the teacher signalled the parent to go when they see the kid is ready to be alone. So far it only happen to one kid, her mum just leave her and go off.

Zlia,
Not easy managing twins
happy.gif

I agree with the separation anxiety. its the parents.:p
Its good that your kids eat healthily. I very bochap as R grows... *embarassed*
but i guess its unavoidable that the kids share virus in school. so will try to boost her immune system.

mummies,
can i ask if yr kids had diarrohea when they were teethin?
apparently josh diarrohea is still on going..(since 10th dec) now not so much watery stools.. but now the stools are very pasty n hv that sour bad stomach smell. last nite there was a blop of watery stool with a tiny spot of blood.... if his stools so watery shld not hv blood rite? unless hard n dry then might injure the anus..
i alrdy went to 3 doctors.. sigh! i told pd he teething then he say so old alrdy... :S josh still drooling like tap..

carnellin,
You didn't discuss and talk to cellin about school before sending her? she so adaptable.
I like to discuss with R about "events" to be.
you sat in the class with her for how long? and how did she react when you left? you saw the parents put the jackets for the kids, but the caregivers wont be in class later on... so how har, I scared R crystallised before assistance is given.
cellin class is 1.5hr?
sorry for long string of questions:p

elmobbger,
Hows ger now? take it easy

Yuru,
lol on the tissue part but I think I will need it when R eventually goes to school.
Yap, harden your heart.. sigh.., I am sure u agree "easier said than done.."
cindy is sensible ... dun worry too much., she love school in no time. soon, you will be sad when she tells you. 'bye mum, you can go to work now' (cos they dont 'need' us around anymore..sob)
the dilemma of parents

seagal,
lil skoolhse at OCC is good.
I luv the space n the greenery! the teachers and admin are nice. rae went for a 1.5hr trial.
the prog similar to most others.even got 'nature' walk, indoor playground, water play etc.
the clssrm is BIG for less than 10 kids, got stage, big kitchen area (for pretend play)
nearly signed on the dotted line after several visits but it just wasn't EXACTLY what i was looking for, so the search continued.

shermyn mummy so Kawaii!!! lol..
mei shao nu.

carnellin,
I am sure parents dont pressure on their kids at such a young age. all we want is for them to go to school, socialise and have fun
happy.gif

and i agree that kids can pick up vibes from the adults.

joann,
She 'answered' you? wah.. strike gold. R normally ignores people. maybe cause you praise her shoes... hehe..
been wanting to try that jap restaurant but abit far for us.. any 'musttry' dish there?

milk,
soyabean milk anyone? have your tods try tat? those 'fresh' or packet ones?

ethel,
not that i can rem.
watery stools got spot of blood? thats unusual to me. why not call his pd?

pcs,
HIHI. hows keira? also started school? do share. this mummy getting jitters.:p

LL,
kinderland. many branches right? they follow MOE curriculum rite?

Yap,
Hi, long time no 'see'. disneyland, suited for our tods? pics leh..

Yuru/Lach
Wah Cindy is a brave gal leh. Alone on the 1st day of school.
I accompanied keira throughout 1.5hrs on 1st day
She was OK, not excesively shy or active.
She just sit down, smile and clap her hands during lessons but she did'nt responded when teacher called her nor did she anwser any questions (which i'm quite sure she knows the anwsers). Out of 10 kids, only one cried so i think the center "parents must sit in" method is good.
Why make the kids cry when everyone can enjoy the lessons in peace.

Hi mummies,
Rachel also started class at Tots House 2 days ago. Took 3 half day leave to accom her to class, Tots house only allow parents/caregiver to accom 3 days. So far still ok, today i sneak out of the classroom while she's with the teachers. Glad that she din cry and only ask for mummy when the class about to end. I rewarded her with kiddy ride after the class. Just keeping my finger crossed that she will behave the same on mon.

Lach,
When is rae starting class? Which school?

Yuru,Elmo
Think we need to just let go though is really heartpain to see them crying in class. Usually the teachers will know how to pacify them. The teachers told me that once the parent is out of the classroom, they are not allow to go in even if the child is crying. Else they will start crying again if we leave the classroom. Just let them cry and they will slowly adapt. I think is easier said than done.

Yuru,
how's cindy today?

Z-Lia,
cannot leh.. my mum says knowing our ger well, if we really leave her inside and let her cry, she will be too frightened and the next few days we might even have to drag her out of the house to go school leh... ger is very very very super duper TIMID....

seagal,
the pics at the beach well taken! is worth bringing the bikes all the way there..
happy.gif

lach,
ger still the same yesterday.. not sure abt today.. but last night i reached home, she quickly run to me and report to me "jadon gorgor no cry, megan jiejie cry, barbie cry" as if telling me is normal to cry as still got other kids crying too..

joann,
haha...we won't get to meet u guys then. what a pity. sat is out as shermyn has class.

oh yes, i think it's that shop at bedok.

Jen,
ya..i think good idea to start with vanilla milk since they should be more accustomed to the taste.

ethel,
does josh started drooling non-stop only recently? if yes, could it be early eruption for the last 4 teeth?

what did the docs say?

coco1074,
congrats on rachel's good behavior! she's such a brave girl.

elmobbger,
thanks thanks.
ger very cute, can bao gao who cry and who didn't in school. seems that she's adjusting slowly. give her some more time and she should be fine.

yuru,
cindy didn't cry on her first day of school w/o you? well done. *clap clap clap* !

lach,
have not tried soymilk on shermyn before.

high fibre breakfast cereals,
what good and not so sweet brands have mummies here tried for your darlings? i have only given cheerios and honey stars so far but getting a bit bored...

ethel
why not bring josh to kk? lately a lot of stomach virus thingy around.

lach
i intro fresh soy bean to declan when he was like ... 14mth or so. wihtout sugar - he loves it! then lately intro him the packet ones. he loves it too.

for milk wise, he kaput my one. haiz.z.. i bought multigrain ones and he drank it amost all. he's a milk lover (be it bm , fm , uht, fresh, soya)

Back