(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

feeding food
since about 1 year old, ethan been eating same stuff as us. we follow the guai los who say babies can eat same stuff as us once 1 year old. obviously with some exception eg i don't give him curry or spicy stuff. but over CNY my family were commenting that it's a good thing he eats whatever we eat, much more convenient, don't have to make porridge wherever we go..

kypf
can understand how u feel. just like when i discover i preggy with quinn, i was more of worry abt things than happy as its not plan in the first place. and even now, having to catch up with quinn and plus me not well for quite sometime, my house also quite a mess and my energy level is also not there for quinn. but i tell myself tat its just part of maybe like a phrase tat i have to learn. and also if i have a no. 2, i cant give wat i give quinn now, in terms of FULL concentration on him and its normal.

maybe now u are having the morning sickness and not feeling too good, tats why u feel tat way but i believe when u are better
happy.gif
things will be different and who knows u might even be excited and thrill by then.
happy.gif

kypf
yah, i tik they are are acceptance hor when comes to food. most bb already off formular liao, drinking those fresh milk already by the time they are 1.

wah u all so happening on weekend wan!

I am so chuan today, I think I went to 5 diff contractors today armed with all my technical drawings to get quotes. I'm determined to prove to my ID that his contractor's price is really not reasonable. Plus good for me to have a better idea what to expect lor. But hor, I think at the end of the day, I'll prob only settle for someone who is highly recommended by someone I personally know lor.

lil devil, wah quinn is really looking like you! :D
Wah your hb is really wanitng no 2 hor, he even thought about the names!

sharon, the thing I am most pissed off about is that their final quote which came out yesterday for some items (like painting, certain carpentry work, leveling of floor etc) are several hundres higher than the previous quote they gave, and there is no excuse cause its based on the EXACT same dimensions/material. Plus, the few times I called him up to check something (usually my ID will contact him on my behalf), he didnt sound very friendly/sincere lor, I was willing to overlook that casue my ID is the one who will be coordinating with him. But now, I really dont think we'll use him anymore.

medusa

for what it's worth, i like gareth, ethan and irvin - simple and "manly", haha. the others are a bit too easily mispronounced. hehe, amarus is rather close to amorous :p

kypf

congrats!
happy.gif
i guess this is a good time to encourage ethan to be more independent as you definitely won't be able to spend as much time with him when your second baby is born. haha, as for housework, if *i* were pregnant, the house would be a huge mess! er, ok, actually, my house is quite messy now already
blush.gif
i'm sure things will be much better in the second tri - something to look forward to esp as you will start feeling the baby's movements!

little devil

quinn is looking good!

MEE SUA - there is a brand which is much less salty than the rest. comes in a cardboard box which is predominantly pink but i cannot remember the brand name, oops!

TABLE FOOD - luke usually enjoys table food more than his normal, "stockless" porridge. i'm slowly letting him eat whatever i cook for dinner, seasoning and all. i'm always v happy when i see him enjoy my food! when we are out, he also eats what we eat so we have to order healthier stuff lor.

Thanks for all the input :D :D :D . Now we've narrowed to "Irvin, Cyrus, Gareth, Javier, Ethan".
FIL & HB likes Cyrus... MIL at 1st disliked Ethan but now likes it best. PILs can't pronounce Gareth so probably out. I kinda like Irvin better. So will chew on this longer, hehe.

lil devil,
after i asked u e question abt 1bowl of rice more filling than 1bowl of porridge, i asked myself, "since when do i finish 1bowl of rice?" even i cant eat 1bowl of rice when i not preggie (now can lah - appetite grew so much). for porridge, i can finish 1.5bowls. silly me rt? LOL!

u r rt. after eating 1yr of porridge, any1 will b sian. if i eat porridge 2meals in a day, i'll b sian by the 3rd day. anyway, gabe did get a lil variety in his solids once in a while...remember me cooking soups then blend the meat (beef, chicken or pork) wif the veg & potatoes (carbo) n gabe finished 1bowl of such meals. i also tried pasta on rare occasions n of course he still gets cereal when i was lazy. i tik, wif my MIL & sis taking care of him, they stuck 2 porridge most of the time, mayb tat's y gabe's losing interest now. my sis also started gabe back on cereal last mth for variety sake.

kypf, skyblue, fruitcake,
thks for ur input. i also need 2 cook in more healthy way n when we eat out, we always tell the hawkers not so oily or salty.

skyblue,
gabe's more receptive 2 rice nowadays so we feeding him more & more rice. tis evening, we brought him 2 elias 2 eat zi char. he also ate a decent amt of rice & other 'liao'. cant gauge if it's 1/3 bowl cos the bowl used at zi char stalls are very small. husband said it's abt 1/2bowl of rice+pai kut wang & hot plate beancurd. after we finished 3bowls of rice (3 of us had 3bowls of rice), gabe was even happily biting off a small piece of pai kut wang covered wif sauce (sweet sweet type).

after the dinner, i went 2 elias cc 2 check out dou-dou-ban for gabe. there's a class starting on 3apr, 2hrs in 1 session, 5days in a wk. no parent participation, class meant for 03/04 kids (the youngest in the class is born in 2004 but the receptionist cant inform me how old), $135/mth, $65 for materials fees every 6mths and there's a $35 payable for uniform. i'll call the person-in-charge & find out more.

husband quite ok wif putting gabe 2 such classes since it's pretty nearby and the class starts at 9am. if gabe's receptive, he dun mind dropping gabe off then i pick gabe up.

Kypf
i know how u feel now, really. i was worst, though wished to have #2 but really didn't expect to come so fast. i even cried in front of my mum. was rather emotional, worried, etc, etc over the next few months. later, i told myself no point worrying, i was given a path to choose, so might as well choose the happy path and try to enjoy the pregnancy as much as i can. when my belly got bigger, i taught isabel to sayang the bb by touching and kissing my belly. now she kisses her brother a lot, and i hope this continues. one thing is, must still try to put your attention on #1.

BIRTH STORY

i just read tis birth story from a blog.
http://offsprings.blogspot.com/2006/03/birthing-terror.html

yikes! the mummy was already 8cm dilated when she admitted into hospital. she reached hopsital at 805pm, gave birth at 840pm...WITHOUT EPIDURAL. it's her 2nd pregnancy (her 1st kid is abt 23mths old). after i read her story, it frightened me n will b on my toes when i reach abt 33-34wks (gabe popped at 35wks+, gynae told me 2 b ready anytime after 34wks). apparently her 1st labour was long (when i had gabe, my water bag burst on at sat morn, i only popped on sun evening - rather long)

my GF who gave birth on 25feb tis yr, also went thru similar process. contractions felt at 620am, reached MEH at 640pm, gave birth at 705am...WITHOUT EPIDURAL. it's her 3rd childbirth and she said she was screaming her lungs away cos it's *FxxKING PAINFUL* since no epi. my GF advised tat her 1st labour was abt 18hrs, 2nd was abt 4hrs n her 3rd barely 1hr.

both mothers were screaming away n labour was so so short. yikes if i feel any cramps when i'm abt 2 due, i'll head straight 2 MAH. i cant imagine NOT having epi.

Kelly

opps same here... I took only 4 hours to give birth to gabirel, with my no 2 if its going to be any faster, any signs of no 2 coming, i will fly to the hospital. Cant imagine how painful it will be!!!

hallo mummies
paiseh, i have MIA for a while. actually, i wrote a post on Fri but the post went missing before i got to post it. then didn't have time to repost again.

kypf
congrats!

Mee Sua - i bought the organic somen, no salt in it. i think its quite good lor.

Appetite - Rhyan's appetite is on and off recently, we are suspecting teething coz he keeps chewing his beddings (especially his quilt). certain days when he refuse solid, we just give milk to make up for it.

Table Food - erm, Rhyan still not keen on table food. other than his porridge, bread and gerber puff / cheerios, fruits (apple, pear and grapes), he doesn't want anything else. actually, i am fine for him to eat some table food with us since he is already 18 months but if he is not ready, then its fine. but then, this means we can't eat in peace outside coz one of us will have to look after him while the other eat.

sharon,
CONGRATS! me very happy for u. just take gd care of urself when u head 2 japan tis wk. i'm now 21wks+, cant even carry gabe for >3mins. i scratching my head on how i'm going 2 bring him out when i stop work in 1mth time.

lil devil,
i like the name 'alexia', very unique! quickly join us (me, medusa, sharon, CSR, evelyn, gabby's mum) leh...since ur hubby very keen.

kelly,
U planning to let Gab start the dou dou ban so soon? Elias cc not very convenient for u rite, cos no direct bus?

sharon,
Congrats
happy.gif
Nice to hear gd news on a rainy and boring morning.

Speaking of names, I wonder when i can use the name i have in mind. Tis name thot of ever since i was preggie with Kieran. Too bad, until now still cannot be used cos no gal gal :p Hehehe... Speaking of coincidence, my no 2's name dat I've shortlisted oso starts wif "E". Kekeke...

skyblue,
no harm rt? i can take a feeder bus which stops opp the elias CC so just nice. the only thing is it's non-parent participation. i dunno if gabe's ok wif it. i dun mind letting him try 4 1mth. mayb i start him on going for 2-3x in a wk, then slowly 5x in a wk.
i just checked wif the person-in-charge, mrs ang. the dou-dou-ban is full n i'll b put on waiting list. not sure when gabe can attend the class n she advised best 2 start him next jan when he's more ready. hmmm...how she knows when my boy will b ready?

care 2 share the "E" name? i checked wif husband abt 'eugene'. he dun like it leh, seems like his mind is fixed on 'edward'

sharon,
LOL! gabe's a 'fan-tong' too (fr ur definition). while feeding him his rice, he MUST have a few spoonsful of rice in his own plastic bowl (we didnt realise how impt it was 2 put some rice in his bowl until he kept fussing for it). he'll then self-feed, of course spilling rice all over the table n on him. he even picked up grains of rice from the table n eat them.

hahahahaha, we have the same tots abt WHY. mayb we shld encourage WHY & NS further when we meet them?

yuru,
5 MINUTES!!! pls dun scare me. i already used my GF as a guideline - 45mins. i told husband tat i dun care if it's a false alarm, once i feel crampy, i zi-tou head 2 hospital. i need EPI. no EPI, i dunno how 2 give birth. even wif epi, when my gynae was stitching me up, i was cringing in pain n my gynae gave additional shots of local anaesthetic injections.
if u read the birth story (or birth terror) from the blog, she can feel her gynae stitching her up n the local anaesthetic injections DUN work immediately.

i dunno how 2 tell u if gabe swallowed fast anot. he dun 'kum' the rice in his mouth n we kept telling him 2 'chew chew'. he takes abt average 10-15mins (sometimes longer if he wanna play wif his food, eat his corn slowly or drink soup) 2 finish his rice portion b4 wanting 2 get out of the highchair. by then husband & i abt 2 finish our meal too. if he has more 'foodstuff' 2 keep him entertained, he can sit longer.

KC,
CONGRATS! #2 n ry's bday very close. abt 1wk apart. did u hold ry 2 full-term then? u must have conceived after i met u b4 CNY.

me very happy for u too. how u doing in the 1st trimester?

kelly,
Of cos no harm lah. Jus dat now wif HFMD scare, mebbe betta to delay cos daily PG/CC r the worst hit.
I thot u have no direct bus svc to the cc. Now i recall, yar, seems quite convenient to u. COs i was onli tinking of svc 358 n u'll have to walk quite a distance to dat bus stop.
I'm tinking of the name 'Ernest'.
happy.gif

KC,
Congrats to u too
happy.gif

skyblue,
i dunno wat bus no 2 take 1 cos i'll go 2 e bus stop nearest 2 ur husband's work plc. when e bus comes, i just hop on (it's the only bus tat serves the bus stop) n it brings me past the elias cc n 2 e interchange. Ernest is a nice name. if i starting gabe for the dou-dou-ban, i tiking of starting in may BUT since he's on waitlist, then i'll tik abt it 1st. i c no point in letting him start the class in sept/oct then after attending for 2-3mths (there's no class in dec), i may b moving him 2 appletree@sengkang 2 join my GF n her son.

Sharon,
wat names u chosen huh? i very kay-po now. very sian at work. weather so shiok, shld hv slept longer. boss in HK til next tues so no government

<font color="ff6000">KC</font>
wow... congrats to you too!!!
have a smooth 8mths ahead too ya..
happy.gif

<font color="ff6000">kelly</font>
appletree can start halfway one ah?
near my mum's place there's an appletree there, i saw the notice for enrollment is only for kids born in 2003. SO i tot yr 2004 kids will only start next year.

kelly,
I forgot dat bus goes to elias cc. Only can remember the one dat passes by my work place. Hehehe, must blame on my preggie hormones. U do have a point there, if u start in sep/oct, gotta buy uniform etc, then jan change sch again, then gotta buy a diff set of uniform etc.

If i pop a few days earlier, I can celebrate K's 2nd bday together wif no. 2's 1st mth. Hehehe... But now dun wanna tink so far yet, wanna wait till detailed scan is cleared tis thur. Haiz..wait until neck long liao.

chihiro,
my GF's son is born on 5oct04 (5days earlier than gabe). she already planned 2 put her son 2 appletree in jan07 so i dun mind joining her since she raved abt the appletree at blk 307D, sengkang. her girl went there last jan at 2yrs2mths old, finished 1yr of school, now her girl is in sengkang methodist church.

Thanks for the congrats!
happy.gif

Kelly,

RY was a full term baby (40 weeks!) but #2 had to be earlier cos my gynae was very against VBAC, he gave a long list of criterias to be met after which he suggested elective caesarian as an "easier" option. If elective caesarian, #2 will be delivered early November!

This time round I'm feeling all the symptons of morning sickness, for entire day!
sad.gif
My craving nowadays is for cold cup of Ribena.

Yuru,

Heh! Ya was a bit desperate for the CL. I called 2 and they were booked liao. One of them told me that this year very productive.

Charsiew,

Post Isabel and Evan's pics leh. Must be very heartwarming. Just curious, what is Evan's chinese name?

Sharon,

Forgot to congratulate you too!
happy.gif
So good no morning sickness. Can you still carry Sharwyn? Wow! You even plan the date already!
happy.gif

Skyblue, Chihiro,

Thanks! Wish all of us have a smooth pregnancy!

KC
Will post new pictures soon. Evan's chinese name is Kai(3) Yang(2).

Mt Alvernia
in the mar 06 thread i m in, a lot of mummies give/gave birth there. oh, this year they give out a gold plated coin (don't know exactly what it's called) as souvenir.

<font color="ff0000">Sharon, Kypf, KC,

Congrats!</font>

<font color="ff0000">Kelly,</font>

U felt the stitches pain even with epidural? I din even know when my gynae stitched me, me w/o epidural. OMG... hahaha..... i think the labour pain had numb my part.

reading thru previous posting and realised i have yet to congrat kypf... kong xi kong xi!!

KC
congrat too... if sharon did not annouce... you not going to tell us is it?? hee hee...

sharon and Kelly
ya.. will try for early 2007 bb but dun know will end up become mid or end 2007 bb or not.... ha ha

WHY,
start trying now lah...unless NS's sharpshooter, try a few times then 'tio' liao, bo pian bcome yr end bb. if NS not sharpshooter, it'll b jus nice a bb in early 2007. dun take too long lah...join us, then our 2nd bbs can start their own playgroup when e time is right. LOL!

evelyn,
YES i can feel the pain. e tot of it still makes me shiver. i felt the needle poking tat area n i jumped &amp; shrieked in pain. even my gynae was surprised so she quickly gave me a LA. when my gynae injected the LA, i also felt the injection.

Sharon,

How I wish I can be on MC and just lie down in bed!
happy.gif

Hope that you're feeling better now. Being breathless is no joke! Must take care!

Do you find that your waistline is bigger this time round as compared to last time? I can't wear all my office pants now and I think I may need to wear maternity pants in 1 - 2 weeks time. So fast right!

My gynae is quite against me carrying RY but sometimes really no choice cos he's cranky and only wants mummy to carry. Do you know what will happen if we carry our toddler too much? Cramps? Spotting?

Charsiew,

That's a nice name!
happy.gif

Kelly,

How's your search for your maid?

Have you shifted Gabe down to the mattress yet? Just wondering what's your plan for the sleeping arrangement in future? I'm just thinking that if #1 sleeps on the mattress and #2 in the cot in the same room, then #1 will be woken up when #2 cries for milk! Aiyoh! Cannot imagine pacifying 2 kiddies at the same time.

KC,
my gynae said it's ok 2 carry gabe (abt 11kg) since i have been doing so. i do feel aches below my belly n he said it's due 2 my muscles aching. as long i dun start 2 carry a 20kg bb or start 2 run a marathon, carrying gabe n continuing wif my normal activities are fine.

husband n i cant seem 2 compromise on the maid issue. we checked out 2 agencies...KPB, Target Maid recently. need 2 check out a few more &amp; find out abt their packages. the agency fee very ex, abt $400-600 excluding ins fee &amp; dunno-wat fee. still need 2 put a $2000 deposit wif them for e maid's loan. moreover, we also cant decide if we keeping the maid for long. mayb only 3mths, mayb longer. aiya, lotsa headaches!

gabe was sleeping on e mattress for a while then when he was sick in feb, he was back 2 sleeping wif us. now he still sleeps wif us cos i cant bear 2 put him down. my GF advised me 2 not bother 2 shift #1 out cos when #2 cries for milk, #1 wont wake up. it was like tat for her bbs but gabe very unique 1 since he was born so i cant count on him 2 NOT b woken up when #2 wakes up for milk.

sharon,
i also burped a lot in 1st trimester, mayb it's due 2 the bloatedness we feel. after i reached 13-14wks, much betta.

KC,

My gynae nvr against me carrying nat even when i ve some cramp at my stomach during 1st tri. She told me is muscle stretching, nothing to be alarm of. And I ve been carrying nat(10.6kg) thru n flow carpark(3rd level) since pregnant until now-Im the 1 that send her to my mum's pl and pick her up every day. Im 25 wks now, so far still able to carry her but now if possible i will park at level 2.

As for the sleeping arrangement, me too was afraid that #2 cries will disturb #1 so i ve decided to let them sleep in seperate rooms Will only let them sleep in the same room when they r more grow up.

<font color="ff6000">kelly</font>
did you do NT Scan or OSCAR test when you were in your first tri? What are the procedure involve ah? (I forgot to ask my gynae last time) :p

<font color="ff6000">KC</font>
Am still carrying Cali ard sometimes. I can carry her for a while.. but not for long I've got to pass her to hubby or let her down to walk.

Not sure whether I still can carry her when my tummy gets bigger

chihiro,
i only did NT scan when i was 12wks preggie. during the usual ultrasound scan, my gynae measured my bb's neck thickness, keyed in the info n obtained the data tat my bb belong 2 low risk. i didnt do OSCAR cos very ex. since the NT scan's fine n it's my 2nd pregnancy (my gynae said if i delivered a normal bb n i'm <35rys old, the chances of down's syndrome for subsequent bbs are lower as compared 2 a 1st time mummy and 1 who is above 35yrs old), i didnt c the need for OSCAR since i was going 2 do a detailed scan at 20wks.

Kelly,

It's really a relief to know that your gynae OK you carrying Gabe. I'm rather paranoid nowadays, everytime I carried RY for > 15 mins, I'd run to the toilet to check for spotting!

For my maid agency, it is required to keep the maid for 6 months, if less than 6 months then there's a penalty not sure how much, after 6 months the agency will help transfer the maid for you if you don't want her. Good in the sense that sending her back will incur air tickets etc so transfering her is better.

If within 6 months the maid is not satisfactory, it will be a foc replacement.

I think unless you get a tranfered maid, the maid loan deposit cannot be avoided. Perhaps you can try to look for a tranfered maid, if you don't require a maid after 3 months maybe no penalty. I'm not sure.....

For us, shifting RY out of the master bed is a lot of headache. He's very dependent on us to sleep, must lean on one of us, even in the middle of the night he will wake up to check if both of us still there. So headache now!

KC,
gabe does tat too. he snuggles up 2 me, kicks his leg 2 check for husband's &amp; my presence. in the morn, once i leave e bed, he usually wakes up or shuffles in bed 2 check if i'm around. since i started work, he wakes up by 830am (i woke up abt 8am, leaves the hse abt 820am). the latest he woke up was 9am. his usual wake-up timing is abt 930-10am on wkends n when i wasnt working.

imagine if he still continues sleeping on our bed, i hv 2 wake up every 2hrs 2 feed #2 (be it BFg or feeding FM), i'm sure gabe's sleep'll b interrupted. even when husband wakes up at 5-6am 2 prepare gabe's FM (his last feed's abt 1030-1130pm), gabe already crying away cos daddy left e bed. there were a few occasions tat he insisted on following husband 2 e kitchen 2 make his FM.

if i shift gabe 2 another bedroom, i dunno if he's ok wif me not sleeping by his side (i cant b running between 2 places every nite rt?) i know since i havent experiement, i shldnt worry so much but i dunno wat happened if i put gabe into another room, then he cries when I MIA (2 feed #2) then how? aiya, headaches!

husband's e cool one, kept saying 2 try it out 1st then worry so much. men are no matter more cool than women.

Back