(2004/09) Year End (Sep - Dec) 2004 Mothers-to-be

did i share tis book before? i find it quite good.

393843.jpg

lil devil,
my gabe very affectionate 1...go around hugging tods (even strangers), kissing them willingly when we ask him 2, hold hands wif tods or older kids and even danced wif one tod.

wait til #2 pops, then i'll c if husband will BEG me 4 #3. he kept saying he 1 2 have 3kids. i told him ONLY IF we can afford it, not sacrifice on our living standards n still retire comfortably (we dun expect our children 2 support us)

very interesting book. where did u get it fr? how much is it?

lildevil,
yah white chicken rice is not suggested for preggies/ kids/ HIV cos it's cooked and left hanging for way too long. With #1 my tummy wasnt so problematic, but with #2, I certainly have to be careful with white chicken rice- I eat for lunch is fine, but not at dinner.

Maid dilemma,
If lucky get gd one, then will be great help lor. If not, headache. $20K in 2 yrs is my MIL's calculation ;P , she actually warned to my HB. Have to say so far my helper seems gd, tho it's very early days yet. H/e, $ expenses certainly shot up!

medusa,
ur MIL's calculation is quite zhun...$280+$200 (maid's pay + levy), $300 (food + misc expenses such as utilities, toiletries, etc)X 24mths + airticket, ins and medical checkup = abt $20K
tis morn, husband was still asking if he gives me $500/mth for extra expenses (shopping, transport-cab, kiddos' enrichment classes+other expenses such as clothing, toys, books, etc). i told him 'shld b enuff'.

getting maid is abt being 'heng suay' lor (i rather b pessimistic then 2 b optimistic)...i dun tik i tat 'heng' lor. i have a handful of friens/relatives who got good maids but i also have 2handfuls of friens/relatives who got lousy maids n they kept getting replacements.

Kelly/Skyblue
Yr boys are soooo sweet. I really envy u 2 leh
Keira don't like us to kiss her & she doesn't kiss us too.
She don't like us to hold her hands and when she holds our hand it means she wants to take/open something. *So Sad*

Little Devil
I also like to know where u buy this book :p
And u sounds like u r pregnant leh wif all the cravings. Hehe

pcs,
do u kiss keira often since young? i kiss gabe like 1000x in a day since he was born. he also accepts kisses very willingly cos whenever i tell him tat mummy going 2 kiss u, he'll offer his cheeks (sometimes his lips - insisting tat i only kiss his lips) willingly.

as for holding hands, if i tell him, "darling, u 1 2 hold mummy's hands? or "mummy 1 2 hold ur hands" when he's walking independently ahead on his own, he'll tah-rek back & hold my hand. i love these moments cos i know one day when i bring him 2 school or somewhere where he has friens n he dun 1 2 seen as mummy's boy (cos tat's wat happened 2 my GF's son), he wont 1 2 hold my hand anymore.

sharon,
talk abt cravings...my husband also have cravings...1 2 eat KFC, 1 2 eat crab, 1 2 eat BBQ spicy fish, 1 2 drink lime juice etc. wah piangz! a preggie me sometimes have no cravings so 'ying zhou' him lor.

i only hope gabe dun come back or tell me he has how-many-GFs outside then i faint 1st.

the additional $300 is conservative liao...MIL was telling me how a maid at her frien's plc used up 1 toilet roll in day, use detergent like nobody's biz, very 'generous' wif water, etc. so the $300 is 2 cover for food (eating at home & outside), utilities, toiletries such as shampoo, shower gel, sanitary pads, etc

pcs,
aiyoh my girl also not affectionate in that sense mah. Kiss her teddy bear but will only kiss us adults IF WE ARE SAYING BYE-BYE.
eh I think the "take ur hand to open something" is some sort of milestone leh. Cos I recall lildevil mentioning Q did it... and several mths later then A did it too.

Kelly
Yes We do kiss her everyday (maybe about 20xs a day since we only see her in the morning & nite) BUT strange thing is she is NOT affectionate at all.
The furthest she will go is hug me when i carry her and pat pat my back. Machiem telling me "Mummy I can only sayang u but not kiss u. Pls don't be too sad" Hahaha
She simply refused to hold our hands coz she runs and explore the moment we step out of the hse.

pcs,
LOL abt ur interpretation of keira's hug & pat.

medusa,
wat is abt 'take ur hand 2 open something'? i a bit blur blur abt tis. as in e tod will bring our hands 2 open something, u meant tis?

Medusa
My gal confirmed not the affectionate type. Maybe will give flying kiss when request and that's it. I don't see her kissing her toys or anything either.
Yah I know the take hand open something is a milestone & I was hoping kissing is also a milestone so I will patiently wait for the day she can "learn" to kiss mummy. Hehe

Mummies, I need more *healthy* snack ideas for Faye, here's a list I can think of at the moment, please add on okie?
happy.gif

(cross posted this in sahm thread)

Healthy snack ideas for toddlers:

-yogurt
-natural cheese
-wholemeal/grain toast/bread/bagels
-eggs(half/hard boiled)
-carrot chunks/sticks (raw/cooked)
-raw nuts
-rice/corn cakes
-fruit
-cheerios
-puffed grains
-corn (on cob or kernels)
-
-
-
-

sharon, congrats! :D
Hey I read that for some very close couples, the hubby will also have cravings when the wife is preggy. Strange, I also dunno wats the explanation behind, but its true for us. My hb had all sorts of cravings when i was preggie with faye LOL (heh or maybe he is just greedy lar)!

berry
for snacks idea, actually i tik fayes snack is quite wide range liao. so instead of just thinking wat is there left, can try to SUPPLEMENT her snacks? like making healthy dips for her toast or carrot sticks? can try avocado with a little orange juice, refreshing and healthy. or maybe PEANUT BUTTER SALAD *i come out with tat name* :p dilute the P.B by mixing in some hot water, then if u dun mind, can use butter too. then add in puffed grains, some fruit pcs like apple, pear, banana *taste good with banana*. so u can have almost the same snack but serve with EXTRA boost and another brand new taste.

HUBBYS CRAVING
i tik its true lor, when wife preggy, hubby crave too!!! 1 of my fren hubby even SHARE her BACKACHE when shes preggy and also eat more than usual
happy.gif

sharon
since he CRAVE!!! give in lor, just ask him to proper clean up the kitchen after tat :p very ke lian wan leh if crave then cant eat!

so envy!!!! JAPAN!!!! my initial plan but cant lah...... so ur trip can see sakura rite????

BOOK
heee...... interesting hor? i search like mad for a CHINESE baby cook book tat time. so when i was at kino *bugis* i ask the lady is there a CHINESE bb cook book, shes very nice, search in the computer and found just 1!!!! but they dun have the stock there but taka has it. so she reserved for me and i went down to collect it. it cost $26.25.

pcs
i tik my craving is due to my mense coming.... ha!!!!

medusa
yah, even 1 of my fren who is a dr says for adults, chix rice is not so good too!

lil devil, u mean like use the diluted peanut butter as a dressing to drizzle over the fruits? wahaha u are indeed creative hehe.

wah liao... i wrote my 'advice' on #1 and #2, like nobody appreciate, but more interested on y i intend to send maid back .... ok, here's roughly why:

hubby rather anti-maid, he doesn't like maid to take care of kids, due to different way of thinking, etc. my maid can do housework, but not very automatic. prefers to play with isabel, sometimes even when hubby and me are around, she will play with her (at the same time watch tv). we expect her to do something else when we are around, we don't need 3 adult to take care of a toddler.

i heard of some stories from CL about what maid told her. eg, she told CL she doesn't like to eat bread and biscuits, like to eat what my mum buys for her (fried mee, lontong, etc). she told CL she is not scared of my mum, but me. she is with my mum most of the time, since she said that, very soon she won't listen to what my mum instructs her to do. in fact, we can see she is starting to be like that. she even asked my CL to do some washing which she is supposed to.

i getting fed up, plus the way i saw her handled isabel (i noticed it all along), i think it's time for her to go home.

since i cannot get a bbsitter for evan, we decided to get a replacement maid (no choice). actually, when the agent asked me why, i couldn't give her the exact reason, it's not so straight forward like she stole or what, just that the overall feeling, we don't feel good and comfortable on her.

i think having a maid changes our character. i learn that no point being too nice to maid. hate to be, but i guess i gotta be nasty and more strict to the new maid.

KC
i know that feeling... i felt i let isabel down last time, but seeing how happy she is now, i m ok oredi.

CS rice
becos alot mummy here thinking about getting a maid or at least it crosses their mind. so when u say u wanna send ur maid bk, they also freak out! ha!!!!

even i dun have a no. 2 now, i ALREADY start to imagine how can i balance the kind of attention ive been giving quinn! plus i am a sahm with no maid, and with a newborn, time with quinn will be lesser i guess.

ur maid ask ur CL to DO the WASHING? oh dear!!!! i tik its quite a bad sign and its rite tat u send her bk before MORE headaches for u!!!

Hi CS rice,

It's me maymay. Talking about maid, since you are getting a new maid, just my two cents worth. First day when the new maid comes, lay down your expectation with her. In fact, I wrote out a list of what are the dos and dont. Write it out in black and white and when you explain to her, let her have some time to translate it in her own language (give her a book so that she can translate and write it down). Also write out her duty, like monday, wash master bedroom toilet, tuesday wash isabel toys, wed etc etc. In this case, she knows what is her duty. Ha you can make use of this maid lesson and write it in the dont section.

CS,
Anything pertaining to maid, i guess the feel is very impt. If u really dun feel comfy wif her, betta to change to another one. Being 1st time employer, there're alot of things which u're unsure of. Mebbe dats y she took advantage of it.

pcs,
U wana Keira to kiss u? Very simple one. Jus model the behaviour. Meaning kiss your hubby often in front of Keira. Hiak hiak hiak :p

KC,
I tink sleeping in the study rm is not feasible for us, cos hubby and I sometimes need to do work in there until quite late. Thks, Kieran is fine oredi. In fact, i have yet to bring him for his 2nd follow up :p
Btw, I heard dat drinking too much ribena causes bb to have too much phlegm.

kelly,
Whether to have a maid or not really needs alot of consideration. Dun worry, still have a few more mths to decide
happy.gif

RE: diapers
Heard from the shop that i frequent (Jin Tai Tong)dat the prices of diapers r going up. Drypers will be increased by $1.50 in Apr. Other brands yet to be confirmed. *dunno how true tis is*

Skyblue
U Beri Naughty hor :p

Snacks
Wah All SAHM got beri good ideas for snacks.

Berry
Think yr snacks list is wayyyyy longer than mine so I have nothing to contribute BUT I've Copied yours. Hehe

ziztine
How to u make "homemade lollies"??

Charsiew
Oh i c. Must feel comfortable wif yr maid since u gonna see her every day.

<font color="aa00aa">hi mummies,</font>
wow, looks like this is going to be #2 bb thread liao.. hahaha..

<font color="0000ff">Congrats to all expecting mummies!!</font>

Little Devil
Yeah lor, she asked CL to do her job, very daring.

May May
Actually quite difficult, 'coz we bring the maid over to my mum's place when we work, so quite difficult to give her a standard "to do" list. sometimes when hubby out of town, we stay with my mother.

by the way, can see current maid trying very hard to impress us when taking care of isabel. sometimes, she was very "kan cheong" when isabel fell from walking, etc, and would quickly hug her tight tight... actually we knew isabel won't cry one, but ended up crying 'coz maid was so kan cheong. when still preggie that time, isabel kena bitten by my bro's dog, again, maid used the same pattern. i got very turn off, if anything, i m the mummy and i will take care of it, she need not to show me her "overwhelming" respond.

Skyblue, Pcs
yeah, learnt our lessons oredi. we really no choice, gotta have a maid. tot of infant care, but no guts to put evan there.

CSR,
thks for sharing wif us abt ur maid. if i'm u, i'll send her back too esp ur husband's like my husband, anti-maid.

hard for me 2 give her instructions/standards 2 follow cos IF i'm working full-time, MIL will b around 2 supervise. if MIL cant even follow a few instructions i left behind, i doubt the maid will follow. the maid will probably b 'smart' 2 do stuff when i'm home then when i'm not home, behave in different manner.

skyblue,
yikes! ribena also cause phlegm? cham liao...i've been taking ribena once in a while in e office cos it's easily available. tis is wat i consume, on top of my 1.5-2L of water everyday...1 can of coke OR 1 cup of tea-c siu dai (i alternate them), 1 packet of ribena OR i pack of green tea+peach, 2 cups of milo + annum. of course, not forgetting the occasional cold drinks i take when i eat outside.

tis morn, i told husband tat i got craving for OJ. he told me 2 'go &amp; buy lor', drink in moderation.

CS Rice,

I also bring my maid to my sister place (mum staying at sister place). So my to do list is what to do at my sister place...so that my mum can take care of Gabriel and my nieces and the maid does all my sister house work. On weekend when the maid comes back to my house she will do the house work in my house.

kelly,
Dats wat many of my colleagues told me when i was preggie wif kieran. Dat time couldn't stomach plain water so had to drink ribena. Sekali bought whole bottle of ribena to make the drink myself, end up everyone telling me to minimise, i gave it away :p If drink occasionally, it's okie bah. Quoting wat my gynae ALWAYS says: everything in moderation... Hehehe...
I very bad tis time, every other day i drink kopi. Now i'll trying to exercise some self discipline. Minimise unhealthy drinks, take more milk. Wish me success

pcs,
Wat wat wat :p

kelly,
Dats wat many of my colleagues told me when i was preggie wif kieran. Dat time couldn't stomach plain water so had to drink ribena. Sekali bought whole bottle of ribena to make the drink myself, end up everyone telling me to minimise, i gave it away :p If drink occasionally, it's okie bah. Quoting wat my gynae ALWAYS says: everything in moderation... Hehehe...
I very bad tis time, every other day i drink kopi. Now i'll trying to exercise some self discipline. Minimise unhealthy drinks, take more milk. Wish me success

pcs,
Wat wat wat :p

skyblue,
i wish u success. u wish me too ya...i know i must cut down on cold drinks, caffeinated drinks BUT weather is freaking hot. u going for detailed scan tis wk rt?

pcs,
does your mummy make those redbean lollies for u when u were young? the type when u finish all the redbean &amp; end up with the plastic stick which is reusable. u know wat i mean?

<font color="ff0000">Skyblue,</font>

#2, I think we r more relax on wat we r eating. Me oso same same, those food that i dare nt/seldom eat during my 1st pregnancy, im eating now eg like curry, laksa, orange, ice cream, cold drink.... Now i abit regret as im afraid #2 will be weak due to those cold drink n food.....

ziztine
Hur I don't know leh. Do u have a pic? *scratch head*

Kelly/Skyblue
When i was pregnant wif Keira, I try BERI HARD not to take orange/cold drinks and many many other things though I got STRONG cravings.
My SIL says if I do that my bb will end up drooling HEAVILY.
I don't believe it but sadly it turn to be true. Keira started drooling about 4 mths old and it nvr stops or becomes less. Infact it becomes worse as she grew older.
The morale of the story is like what skyblue says "eat what u want but in moderation lor"

Pcs,

U know wat is Bing1(Ice) Bang4, in plastic tube form? Those that we put in freezer for it to freeze and consume it after it had frozen. Before frozen is in water form. When young, we can get this in different flavor(grape, orange, lemon....) from mama shop. The redbean lollies that ziztine mentioned is home made version.

Ziztine,

U make me wana ve redbean lollies now, craving...... We can make ribena lollies oso....

pcs,
my mum told me &amp; also instructed ben very seriously tat if i got cravings, must satisfy if not bb will be 'tan jiak' (greedy). since 1st pregnancy, if i crave for things, i just eat. as for those tat i know i must avoid (such as stingray, kang kong, sotong, etc), somehow i dun crave for them. i tik it's all in e mind.

Kelly,

U know y we cannot eat kang kong? Becos it's 'Hong'? Last time my frd told me cannot eat but i cant remember y. Yty i just ask my mum, she said ok leh.

Kelly,

Opps.... i consume quite a lot this time. My hb like to eat sambal kang kong so whenever we eat Zhu Cao, he will order this dish. Think must cut down liao.

evelyn,
last wk i also craved for sambal kang kong suddenly. i asked my husband 2 go down &amp; buy 1 pack for me 2 just eat it like tat. he said NO. since i avoided when i preggie wif gabe, must avoid for #2 too.

in fact, my eating patterns for #2 is sama sama as when i preggie wif gabe. the only difference is i m consuming MORE cold drinks, MORE oranges, MORE caffeinated drinks, LESS fish, LESS veg. as for those food 2 avoid, i kept 2 avoiding them.

Kelly,

Me too... those food that i must avoid, i oso avoid eg Sotong, glass jelly, del monte banana...... I dun dare to take the risk....

evelyn,
i also avoid glass jelly (ching chao rt?), banana (ate 1-2x but dun tik it's del monte type), mutton. how many wks preggie r u now? any idea how heavy ur bb is?

ziztine/Evelyn
ohhh its sng(1) bao(1)!!! Knock my blur head.

Kelly/Evelyn
Kang Kong - Eat too Much, legs will be weak donno due to wind or not.

Kelly,

Yup, glass jelly is ching chao. Im wk 26 now but ve no idea how heavy is my bb now as my gynae dun ve the practise of telling the bb weight. Like that gd oso as i dun ve extra worry. Each visit during the scan, she will just tell me, bb is growing well, gd...

Pcs,

No wonder i find my legs very weak during this pregnancy. Sometimes, I ve this suan tong suan tong pain at my thigh when walking.

evelyn, kelly, pcs,
Kang kong can't be taken cos heard will cause leg cramps. Y sotong cannot eat huh? My aunt told me as long as dun eat the head part can liao.

kelly,
Yep, tomoro my detailed scan.

evelyn,
We very kay yian one hor, wanna eat but scare..kekeke

pcs,
I tch u one way to stop keira from drooling. Old pple's mtd. Take the dishcloth in ur kitchen and use it to wipe keira's mouth. :p

Back