(2004/08) Anyone due in August 2004?

Hi mums,
so we are all very busy n excited abt our bb's progress. May i know whose bb has started smiling n responding to mummy's face already? Mine has yet to really smile, but he can recognise mummy already. But of coz, since i'm on total bf, most prob bb recognises me as his "hunger provider".
lol.gif

Do u mums have these probs with ur bb?--->
--my boy loves to wipe his mouth n face with his mittens after each feed, so in the end, remnants of milkdrops get all over his face. As a result, he has slight acne on n off. Tried stopping him, but he is too fast for me.
--whenever i burp him, and he is spitting up milk, somehow he will stop the spitting halfway, and swallowed the rest of the unspit milk. Found that very disgusting, and keeps trying to make him spit the rest. But no luck, he will just keep arching his back, so that his milk wont be spit out.

Hi Cookiedough,
i tried both the avent n pigeon pacifiers for my boy but he doesnt really like them. Will actually shove them out when he's real angry as i tried to push it into his mouth. I think most bbs dont really like pacifiers, maybe one day they will discover their thumb n start to suck them, better?
I havent call the malay masseur yet. Actually bf already will make ur uterus contract very fast till small size. As for the flab, it will be gone in a few months' time. Although it was said that massage can help our womb to get back to place, i've heard from colleagues where there are incidents of the massage actually backfires, and the woman cant conceive anymore coz of the massage did not put the womb in place properly. Maybe u have to be more careful abt who the masseur is?

Hi Sue,
it's best for ur pix to be of 300-320 pixels. In this way, when u upload, there wont be any prob, and the size is quite reasonable too. U can take a look at the size n clarity from the pix i've uploaded to this thread earlier on. They are all of 320 pixels.

Hi Leibit,

I think my boy is worst. He kept spitting milk and got serious rashes all over his face. Find your boy quite funny, will swallow the rest. My boy just kept spitting milk. I wipe, he spits...

Hi Augustmum,
aiyoyo, my boy swallows back most of the time. But when he is not fast enuff to swallow the milk, he throws up n i kena all over my pyjamas. Sometimes also on the floor n armchair. Mil says luckily its breastmilk, else formula milk very smelly. So did u try the method Scoobydoo suggested using Stout? Hows his rashes now?

Hi Scoobydoo,
u r referring to formula milk or breastmilk?

Hi gals,
Finally back after so long...noticed that the topics have changed quite alot?
happy.gif

i realised some of you actually supplemented with formula...so not many tbf mums in this thread? i've been bf my boy since day one...coming 1 month liao..dunno if i should try to supplement esp when we want to bring him out...

Have any of you tried bf in public yet?

My boy also spits out milk...but i realised that's when he arches alot and try to 'gek' then it'll flow out. But if i burp him well, should be fine.
Tried giving bb pacifier during first week, but realised that bf bb (or only mine) will take only NUK pacifiers/teats. Prob if you all are really keen to offer bb pacifiers can try...me bought only the avent one, so dun bother to buy for him the NUK one...hope he can stay off pacifiers as long as possible
happy.gif

Hi augustmum,

I did not apply for the extended maternity leave. I only applied for the baby bonus, however, in MCDS's reply, they extend the maternity leave to me too if I am working and satisfy all their criteria (such as baby is a Singaporean at birth, you are legally married, less than 4 living children and worked with your current employer for at least 180 days).

Have you send your letter to MCDS?

Hi Leibit,

I have yet tried using stout. I'm using the cream which pd gave, but uses a little bit each time as it contains steroid. Most of the time, just use cool boiled water to wipe.

Scoobydoo,

Since you are using FM, you may want to check with your pd or the instructions on the milk tin. 120ml every 2hr may be too heaty for babies. I thought the interval is usually 3 hours for FM.

Beanie,

I sent the letter this morning. Keeping my fingers crossed now.

Aimee,

I tried burping my boy but sometimes, he doesn't burp. Heartpain when I see him spit out milk. Think it's the hindmilk that he is spitting out. What a waste. Actually pd said he may be drinking too much.

I'm on TBF. BF a few times outside. Has BF before in polyclinic, pd clinic, fish and co. and mothercare. On the other occasions like when we went shopping at Robinson, went back to car to feed.

Hi augustmum,
so you wearing nursing wear? is bb cooperative? do you have a sling or just latch bb on in places like fish & co?

Me going to bring bb out on fri...and quite worried bb not cooperative, cos he always makes a fuss before latching on properly.
Have bf in pd clinic and nursing rooms, but places i'm going this fri dun seem to have nursing room one...so quite worried how bb will react :{

Hi aimee,

No, I did not buy any nursing wear. I wore a shirt over a tank top. AT Fish & Co, we requested for a table at a corner. My hubby sat in front of me, blocking me from the rest of the diners. I turned my back a little too, so that others will see my back only. Once latched on, it will not be obvious.

I will adjust my nursng bra when I bent down to put baby back in the stroller. The stroller will cover me.

Hi Scoobydoo,
sorry cant give u advise on this. Try checking with ur pd?

Hi Augustmum,
seems like its a common thing for bb to get rashes. Just make sure that we wipe their faces often shd be good enuff.
So Augustmum, u tried bf in Mothercare? Do all MC shops have nursing rooms for us? Do we need to purchase anything b4 we can use it? Wah, u very clever, stroller can cover u! Heehee, will try ur stroller method to see whether it works for me. :p

Aimee/Augustmum,
i'm also on tbf. Have tried nursing in public, but only at airport n hospital reception area. Thats when i brought Ethan out during his 2week. Tried the nursing room in United Square. Quite a nice one, i like it. Will be bringing him out also tomorrow. I think as we r still new to bf in public, we can try building up confidence by bf in nursing rooms, then at corners outside, then really in front of public. Must get used to the process of adjusting our nursing wear.
Bought quite many nursing wear from the net. There r several online shops selling nursing wear. But u have to take note of the different sizing, as now we r mostly of diff size from our pre-preggie days.

Does anyone know whether Suntec L3 has any nursing rooms?

Augustmum, I also sent my letter this morning. Think my chance is low becos my EDD is 3 Aug & bb was out 27 Jul, it's not considered premature. But just try my luck. My gal is on tbf at home. I've no confident to bf in public becos she'll sometimes fuss when milk flow is too slow / fast, so we always bring formula when we go out. I only bf her in the car!! We have yet to buy a stroller for my gal!!

Leibit, may I have the website for the nursing wear? Thanks.

Leibit,

I dunno if we have to buy anything to use the nursing room in Mothercare. On that day, my baby was cring so loudly in Centrepoint that I was so desperate to find a place to feed him. The moment I saw the nursing room in MC, I just used it. Nobody stopped me. Anyway, after the feeding, I just walked around the shop and bought something.

Ya, give me the website to the nursing wears too. Btw, did you all buy the sarong sling? Tried using at home but still not confident. Din really know how to bf using the sling too.

Hi Sue, Augustmum, n the rest of interested mummies,

here r the websites for nursing wear:

http://www.momsinmind.com.sg
http://www.amumschoice.com
http://www.moms-rus.com
http://www.bosom-friends.com

Personally, i find bosom-friends cutting of tops abit tight.
Momsinmind dresses r expensive but the tops r of reasonable pricing. The rest so far so good.

Augustmum,
I think i will just try out Mothercare no matter what. Is their nursing room nice? I heard that Taka has nice nursing rooms, but weekends will be crowded.
i've yet to buy the sarong sling. Tot of buying it for bf, but i learnt that it can also double up as a carrier. Prob is i have a carrier, bought at quite a high price so wld be a waste if i dun use my carrier. Sigh.... Actually still prefer to just bf like this without any sarong or shawl to cover. Momsinmind sells the sarong sling with vcd for instructions. Dunno whether will teach us how to bf using sling though. How do u find the usefulness of sling so far? Does ur bb like it?

Sue,
heehee, ur gal is so curious abt being photographed huh? When was that taken? Now she looks more like ur hubby or u?

Leibit, thanks for the website. I took the pix on Tues using my phone. She is 6wks now. MOst said she looks like my hubby. I bought the momsinmind sarong, the VCD does tell you how to use if you wanna breastfeed. I've yet to master the use of it. I tried it at home & my bb doesn't really like to be inside the sarong. Maybe I din place her properly.

Sue,
that's what i worry abt--> that bb will not like to be inside the sling. Coz really not all bbs behave in the same way mah. My boy for eg, since day 1, doesnt like to be wrapped up. He is a free-man, prefers to have his hands n legs moving freely!
lol.gif

All mums who trying to bf outside,
Actually with nursing wear, its quite easy to bf, but bb must cooperate too lah. If cant find nursing room, can get a corner at a cafe to bf. But then need to buy drinks loh. If u afraid that people might see when u try to adjust ur bra, then put ur diaper bag on the table so that it can block u. Hope that this method can help build up ur confidence.
happy.gif

Hi all ,

Those of you who give birth on or after 01 aug 2004 , do you know of the medisave maternity package ?
Have any one of you bring back your hospital bill for any refund ?
And have you all receive the baby bonus invitation letter ??

Hi irenevinc,

I will be bringing back my prenatal checkup fee to the hospital to get claim fm govt. The baby bonus invitation letter will only be sent to us in late Sep/early Oct cos i called the parenthood hotline to check so dun worry abt not receiving yrs.

Hi Leibit,

Suriving motherhood better now. Initial 1st 2 wks was unbearable cos i was so tired out during the adjustment period - bfing baby middle of nite plus engorgement and all but now much better. Baby has terrible heat rash on neck see already also feel sorry for her..how abt you gals?

Hi all ,

I am tired looking after my daughter and baby too !
Baby has rashes on her cheek too ! It is quite bad rashes that I brought her to pd to get cream . Now better.

Oh , my company approved of my extra maternity leave so will be back office at end of OCT .
Lucky , if not this coming friday have to start work liao.

How about you'll??

Hi there.

Looks like rashes are v. common in babies - i hv resorted to letting her wear singlets so the rashes are better now. Ya, my co also approved of my extra maternity leave so will be back at wk in nov. btw, is everyone TBFing their babies?

Heylo,

same as Punggolite, i'll be starting work only in Nov, n as i'm a teacher, that wld be just 2 wks to sch hols, not so bad after all
:>

I'm tbfing my boy. But quite worried i wont have enuff for him when i start work. Been expressing milk, but then only get 30ml at each pumping session. Dunno whats wrong, coz after pumping, i squeeze my nipple i still hv milk dripping. Sigh...

Hv ur bbies started to smile in response to u oreadi?

Harlow all!

Leibit,

You are going back to school after ML. I'm taking one-year leave. Gosh...does your school has any place for you to express milk? And how about the time table? Decided to take leave cos' school not conducive for expressing milk and sometimes, free periods are in the beginning or end of the day.
Hope I'm not scaring you, just to share...

Try eating Quaker Oats. It works for me. Also, try pumping in the morning.

Think we will not totally empty our breast. Milk is always there.

Hee...my boy is already smiling, esp. in the morning. He's about 9 weeks old.

Punggotlite,
Really 'xiong' TBF. Last Sunday was terrible as he was having growth spurt. Feed and feed and feed.

Yesterday, he refused to eat when I tried to feed him at every two hour as usual. He would suckle for 5 mins and then let go. He cried when I tried to coax him to eat again.

Today, decided to feed only when he cried. Realised that he demanded for food at every three hours instead. Will continue and observe the pattern tomorrow.

hi, i'm one of the aug mum too. Anyone here have recieve their baby bonus of $3000 for first baby? I have not... so i'm asking to confirm the issue. Isit we just have to register the birth cert and they will send postage to us to notify us the bonus?

Hi everybody!!

augustmum - wow! 1 yr....i cannot tahan...dying to get back to work and civilisation too! Think i really salute my mummy's generation who stay at hm to take care of their kids full time...not easy man! I agree TBF is siong, during growth spurt baby drink like non-stop....i was trying to make it a habit to pump regularly but where got time when ihv got to feed my baby every 1 hr!

Hi Angelique - welcome welcomes!! no, the govt wil send the invitation package to us in end sept or early oct so hold yr horses and wait for them. Yes, you need to register the birth of yr baby too before they send you the package.

Hi Leibit - eat more fish, drink more fluids and eat quaker oats think should help. Dun worry that you don't hv milk for yr baby, it works on a supply-demand basis. The more you feed, the more yr milk will be replenished. My baby started smiling on the 2nd day after i gave birth to her.

Augustmum,
ya lor, ive been wondering where to express in sch. But heard from colleagues that they do it in staff toilet. Though our staff toilet is very big n clean, i'm still trying to see whether there r better alternatives. I think its crazy to expect us to use toilet for pumping!
For me, ive not much prob w time as i have only abt 4 periods per day. So i can express during the free time, just that ive to sacrifice my marking time lor...haiz.
U so good, take no-pay leave. Actually i wld love to do that too, just a pity i went to Europe last Dec (not knowing i was pregnant! ) n spent most of my $$ there, so now must hv income to buy toys n stuff for bb. Anyway, my pil r staying w us, so they can look after my boy while i work. (They also do housework which i absolutely hate doing that!) So r u looking after ur boy alone? My boy has been cooing n just yesterday, he even uttered consonant sounds, made me so delighted! Last week( 6th wk ), he was smiling in response to me n i was so happy that in the end, i always spend time with him, n not much time left for pumping, gotta rush like mad in the end, hahaaa! Mine loves smiling after his feeding n burping session. Whats ur boy's name? Mine is Ethan.

Hi Angelique,
dun worry, we've all been waiting for the bonus too. Think the ministry may hv overwhelming things to do, with so many bbs n new queries, so thats y slow. Just wait patiently hor, if they forget abt us, then we complain lor, heehee!...How r u coping with u bb now?
happy.gif

Hi Punggolite,
i just bought the quaker oats, can put in microwave right? Too lazy to boil n stir lah. My boy has been sleeping thru the nite since last week, so usu i get up in the middle of the nite to express. Yesterday expressed 110ml, after 4hrs interval. I guess my ss considered low...haiz....Just started to take fenugreek, it does help me to increase ss during expressing. Yah, nvr in my life have i been drinking so much water, now i shui3 tong3 already!
lol.gif

Scoobydoo,

how did u know ur bb's weight? U went to pd there to weigh? Ive no idea abt my boy's weight. But i think urs shd be ok. U bf?

Hi Leibit,

Should be ok - i just use hot water and cover the bowl of oats for a while b4 eating it. Don't worry so much abt supply - just relax when you pump...e.g. i read magazines or newspapers when i do my pumping act.

hi

Leibit..
ya..i just went for the appointment and they usually will take the baby's weight. No i'm not bf..that's why i'm quite worried that my bb will be overweight. If you are bf..dont' worry..i heard that bf babies are not prone to be obese.

hi all, thanks
happy.gif
I have got my gal's baby bonus notification already.

Coping.. still ok. I'm fully breastfeeding her. How about you all? Is your baby clinchy to you? Mine wants to be carried most of the time when she's awake. hehe.

Hi all ,

I have received the mcys baby bonus invitation already . what about u all ?
I have just stop breastfeed my baby because need to work soon and its difficult to express at work !
My baby weighs 5.9kg at 7 weeks .

Hi girls,

It's been ages since I last posted here. Thanks for answering my previous queries.
happy.gif
Been so caught up with caring for her... hardly have time to sit down to catch up on emails, posts, stuff like that. Thank God for the 3rd month maternity leave. I wonder how mums could've coped with just 2 months leave!

My babe's about 8 weeks old now. Strangely, she has not pooped for the past 4 days. It's the 5th day today and I really hope she can bomb it out. Do anyone of u here have the same problem around the 8th week of your baby? A couple of books have mentioned that it's normal around this time, but I just don't feel good lah, that the stools are stuck inside.

As for pacifiers, I tried already... baby doesn't like it most of the time. Will push and push it out with her tongue. She still likes suckling best. Sometimes she may compromise with sucking my finger/hand/arm (still got more taste than a silicon pacifier!).

My girl seems to get super agitated on Mondays and sometimes Tuesdays... I notice this for at least 2 weeks already. It seems that the weekend activities and unfamiliar places and faces are too much for her to handle. So on Mondays, she hardly sleeps (which means I also hardly get to rest) and cries very badly. Is this a common thing?

Btw, those of u who are teachers... guess wat? I wanted to apply for no-pay leave until the end of Term 4 so that I can have uninterrupted rest at home to care for my princess and continue BF her (my 3rd month maternity leave ends a few weeks before Term 4 ends). I wanted to end my no-pay leave in late November (after school closes). But my P says that I cannot apply for leave like that. She told me must apply till 31 Dec, which means I have to take no-pay leave even for the school holidays. Are other schools doing the same thing?

Hi ladies,

I popped in Aug too. juz to check with u al, does ur baby make sounds?

My boy only makes a "argh" "argh" sound when he wants attention. My frenz's gals 4 days younger can make much more sounds. My boy will sometimes just lie in his cot and stare into space.

Is he normal? I'm not comparing, but juz a little concerned abt his development. Oh, he is 7 weeks old yesterday.

hi winnieRabbit, i think you do not have to worry too much cos different bb different phase of development but of cos as a mother to our own child we will more or less be worried. My little girl is 8 weeks today. She also make "argh argh" when she wants attention. Other than that when she sees her mobile toy and "minnie mouse show" she will laugh in slightly high pitch.
I read from a book that you can try to hold your son and let him see you, then you stay expressionless and not talk to him for awhile. See if he will try to initiate communication with you. You got buy those cot mobiles? I find it useful when i prepare bath for my gal, she can divert the attention at it first.
happy.gif

Hi Cookiedough,

same here, really thankful for the extended leave! Time is indeed precious for us mothers to spend with our bb. Regarding the case abt ur P, i think its better u call up MOE HQ n ask ur zone officer. Thats what i did when PM Lee made the announcement of extended maternity leave, n P wanted me to submit the leave form as soon as possible, yet at the same time told me i cant apply for 3 mths yet as P had not receive any directives from MOE. I was so pissed off by P's way of handling things as what for i kept on filling forms for leave??? So called up HQ, recept transferred call to zone officer n will then check out for u. Dont trust whatever P says, most of the time, they dont know that much either. Its always best to confirm with HQ, else what r zone officers for man?????

I read that its normal for no-pooing as bbs tend to be able to absorb more nutrients from milk this week now. Their digestive system is maturing n so is their bowel muscles. No need to worry if ur gal is still happy n behaves as normal daily.

Better dun let her rely on pacifier. There are researches showing that this will affect intelligence. Better to suck on thumb than pacifier. So cute ur gal....suck ur arm???? My boy sucks his food finger loudly (he still cant really locate his thumb yet hahaaaa...) n then with saliva on his finger, he uses it to spread all over his face!!!! Yucks rite? Cant stand this sight.....

Yah, it cld be that ur gal is over-stimulated on weekends. Of coz lah if she doesnt see so many people on weekdays n then all of a sudden weekend will meet so many different people. She's still young, got so many things to learn, but all of a sudden too many new things to learn n remember can exhaust her n frustrate her too. It also depends on her personality. Some bbs need lots of stimulation to release their energy, some dont.

Hi Winnierabbit,

agreed with Angelique. Bbs hv different learning pace, so dont panic, just like some bbs learn to walk later than others. My boy starts to make sounds by wk4, n now at wk8, he makes "ah-goo, ah-bla". But then the rest of the time when he's very restless, he spends them by crying his lungs out. Whereas i hv colleagues whose bbs dont cry as much as mine n dont get as impatient as mine too. Sigh.....

Try to echo the sounds that ur boy makes to him. In this way, u r encouraging communication btwn him n u. Has he started smiling? If he has, try laughing happily at him, n see his response. He may get so delighted that he may make sounds of joy :>

Hi Angelique N ZLeibit,

We bouht lotsa toys for him even beforehis birth!!!

Think he is a very quiet boy. He always waves his ars in tha air and kicks strongly, but simply stays very quiet.

He just started smiling, so will try leibit method of laughing to him. The cot mobiles dun work, coz he always lie with his head to one side and thus cant see, and boh chap the mobiles anyway...

Leibit, so otr boys born ard same time.
I delivered on 20 Aug. When didi u?

Hi Winnierabbit,

yah, we r typical mommies huh? Buying toys way b4 bb's birth? Heehee....n quite alot of toys r more suitable from 3mths onwards coz that's when bbs will be more sociable :>

I see, so ur boy is more of the quiet type huh? Then nvr mind, coz most prob even though he's not making much sounds, he's taking in n observing his surroundings. :> Just keep on talking/ reading to him, he will pick up these sounds eventually n when he's ready, he will start to coo n babble more. :>

So funny ha ur boy-boy bochap the mobiles? :D Well, some day he will realise the existence of mobile :> My boy also something like that....only difference is sometimes he bochap little kids who come n talk to him....whereas he likes to "talk" to aunties (sales people we met while out shopping!)

My boy's name is Ethan, born on 13th Aug, just a wk ahead of urs. What's ur boy's name? Which hospital were u delivered in?

Hi Leibit,
I called up HQ and the person who handled my call said that my P asking me to take no-pay leave till year end is correct. But HQ will pro-rate my Dec pay according to no. of days i've worked for the year. So still got some money for Dec. Phew! There are so many wedding invitations I've gotten for Oct--Dec. Need the extra cash. Not planning to bring baby to wedding dinners though... kinda troublesome. AND, I can always give the excuse of "I need to go home to look after baby" if I want to leave the wedding dinners earlier. HEE HEE.

Back to the leave issue. Another friend of mine who's an Admin Manager in a sch says actually no-pay leave is really up to the P to approve. Not every P will insist (like my P) that I MUST apply for no-pay leave till year end. Can also stop just when the sch term ends and before hols start. Bleh...

My baby has poo-ed after 7 full days of no bombing. Went to PD on MOnday for her 2nd month check-up and PD said I should supplement with formula (huh!!!), firstly, because she has poor weight gain (gained 1kg in 2 months only), secondly, to give her excess food so that she can pass motion.
I thot the PD would help me by suggesting ways to improve my breastmilk supply cos she said my milk wasn't enuf for baby (but i almost 100% TBF her you know, donno how come can still be low supply?!), but NOOoo... she just said I should supplement. Very good lor, MIL who was there was so happy that finally got "official" reason from Doc to feed baby formula. So since Monday onwards, my baby has been drinking 3X 60ml of formula a day, on top of my breastmilk.
I don't understand. When my baby was on TBF, she wets at least 6-8 diapers a day, seems happy, alert, and dozes off contentedly most of the time after breastfeeding. And for most part of her 2 months (besides the 8th week when she didn't bomb at all), she bombed at least 2-3 times a day. How can they say my milk is not enough for her? Is 1kg in 2 months really that bad, and does it mean that my milk is definitely not enough for her?

I just want to check on something wif all the mummies who gave birth at EastShore.
Are their midwives good? As in, professional and helpful & friendly.

I'm going to deliver in Mar'05, but dunno which hospital to go..

I hear TMC is good, cos the midwives are very encouraging and will give backrubs during labour pain.. wonder the nurses/midwife in ESH does too?

As i stay in the east, definitely, would like to choose ESH, but juz wan to have some advise from the experienced mums.

Have anyone heard of the gyane named Dr L C Cheng @ Katong Clinic for women? Can he deliver at ESH too? Cos i heard he only deliver at TMC. Is he good?

I really appreciate if anyone can give me some advise.

Hi Cookiedough,

abt the leave, so u mean ur fren said its ok to take no-pay leave in the way u wanted izzit?? Then y HQ said differently again? Sigh....MOE always lack of communication....Nvr mind then, since u will still be getting the yr-end bonus even though it's pro-rated. But i think even ur performance bonus will also be pro-rated, u know? Initially i also tot of taking no-pay leave, then i realised not really worth it since by the time i'm back will be in Mid Nov, then hols liao....N usu start of yr Term 1 not so much things to rush either....So when r u back to teach?

I cant say much abt ur pd, coz my pd though he's a very gd doc, also wanted formula as supplement for Ethan too when his weight decreased during the 1st wk of birth. Though he meant well, n indeed it's his duty to see his patient's weight increasing, i still went ahead without formula. N by the 2nd week Ethan's weight increased. Ive checked up several websites for breastfeeding, n they mentioned that if bb is happy, alert, contented, well after each feed, then bb is ok with breastfeeding n he's feeding enuff. Since ur bb doesnt fuss/lose sleep/behave irritably, I think the decision lies with u. If u r those type of parents who r very worried abt weight gain, then u supplement, if not, then continue w tbf. By the way, another possibility is that ur gal cld be drinking too much of foremilk n less of hindmilk. How long does her feeding session last? What is the color of her poo? If it's green, most prob it's the foremilk.

As for the non-pooing prob, well as bb grows up, they take in nutrients more so less waste material to be out. My mil used to be just like urs, kept on saying i dont hv enuff, then when i told her dat bb doesnt lie, if hungry will keep crying angrily...she saw the pattern, then realised her misconception so kept quiet since then, hahaa....

Hi Snowlake,

Congrats!!!!! So u r abt 5mths pregnant rite? :> I remembered that it's Andriany who gave birth in Eastshore for this thread. But havent been 'seeing' her for long. Perhaps u can start a new thread on this topic? Mums at forums r very helpful ones, they will help u out if they can. :>

As for me i gave birth in Alvernia, though my gynae delivered in both Alvernia n Eastshore. R u comfortable with male Indian gynae? He's not those type of "indians", he's a very good gynae, very soft-spoken n willing to listen. He's a consultant gynae at Eastshore Medical Centre. If u r interested, i can give u his contact.

Hi Snowlake,

I was one of those who gave birth at ESH. Very comfortable with the midwives and super encouraging folks. The 2 midwives who attended to me hv been there on avg. 10+ yrs so no worries abt the lack of experience. Overall, hospital is very cosy and the rooms are pretty comfortable as well.

Hi Leibit,

So, r u a teacher?? Where u teaching? Which level? u must like children ya!
happy.gif
I think sometimes they can be such horrors!

I delivered at mount a too.. we've named our son Clarence...
happy.gif
)

Back