(2004/08) Anyone due in August 2004?

Hi everyone,

I hv delievered on 11 Aug @ 0014hrs. BB weight 3.72kg 51cm. I was actually being induced. My gynae broke my water bag on 10 Aug 3pm. When my gynae left, he told my hubby tat expect to deliver by midnite. After tat, I could feel the contraction getting more and more intense. I tried to REN. By 8.30pm, the pain was really intense. I was debating should I ask for epi. I recalled "To deliver abt midnite. " Oh my, still got 3 1/2 hrs to go. Forget it boy, I told myself I not gg to suffer anymore. I pressed the bell and told the nurse I want epi. Then the nurse checked on my dialtion. I was then 5cm. She repeated asking me "R u sure u wan?" I think if not becos of the contraction, I would hv hit her. Hehe.... Then epi was adminstered ard 9pm. It was really haven. I told my hubby, I should hv ask for it earlier. HOWEVER, I said tat too early. I had side effect on the epi. I was throwing out all the while till I delivered. I messed up the whole delievery suite. hehe.... Well.... beyond my control lah. With the epi, I cant really feel the urge of pushing. Onli pushed based on my gynae, nurses & hubby instruction. I dun think I can make it if w/o my hubby. I gave a real hard push after my hubby told me he could see the head coming out. I shed tears after seeing my little budle of joy though I was damn sick,

Being a mummy really not easy!!!! I nv get to rest myself since then. So gals, pls treasure the time now!!! :D

Congrats Scoobydoo and Val!
Wow Scooby, you're really superwoman to recover frm csectn in such a short time!
Val, yr hubby is indeed brave to witness the crowng of the bb...thk mine will chicken out n stay by my side perpetually. Heh.
Anyway, thk everyone's popped by nw, accordg to EDD, except me....I'm due next Wed. If don't pop by end Aug, will be induced on 2 Sep....wish me luck!
Amie............30-Jul
Valencia........Jul-Aug MAH Boy(Deliv 11 Aug)
Irenevinc.......03-Aug TMC Gal (Deliv 6 Aug)
Joey Low........03-Aug SGH Boy (Deliv 28 Jul)
Sue.............05-Aug MAH Gal (Deliv 27 Jul)
Huaywen.........07-Aug KKH Boy
Augustmum.......10-Aug TMC Boy (Deliv 22 Jul)
Scoobydoo.......12-Aug NUH Boy (Deliv 11 Aug)
Leibit..........15-Aug MAH Boy (Deliv 13 Aug)
Cookiedough.....15-Aug Gal
Aimee...........18-Aug MAH Boy (Deliv 12 Aug)
Punggolite......13-Aug ESH Gal
Beanie..........Mid-Aug TMC Gal (Deliv 21 Jul)
Andriany........25-Aug ESH Gal

Hi Leibit,

Don't worry about the weight loss. Doc. said that most, in fact all, babies will lose 10% of their weight in the first week.

Hi all mums,

Congrats to all who have delivered. So happy that ur delivery has gone well. Jus abt a mth ago, all of u were still giving me advise etc, now most of u have popped.

Jus to check with u, how many nursing gowns is sufficient? Did u stain ur gowns when u were in hospital? If buy Pampers, is it necessary to buy for newborns or is S size ok?

Hi Skyblue,

Two should be sufficient. Hee...din stain my gown cos' will pull up the gown when I sit or lie on bed. I also used two pads at one time for double protection.

As for diapers, what's your baby's estimated weight? If less than 4kg, 'newborn' will be better. I think there's no hurry to buy many packets at one time cos' hospital will provide a pack.

Hi Skyblue, I've 3 nursing wear. I wear them during confinement becos it's easier to breastfeed than t-shirts. I didn't stain my gowns in hospitals because immediately after delivery, the nurse put 2 maternity pads for me. After that, 1 maternity pad is enough but have to change regularly like 4-5 hrs.

Hi all,

Did you all celebrate your baby full month ?
Which caterer and which full month confectionery did you all chose ?
Any recommendation or comment ?
Thanks

Hi Irenevinc,

Just celebrated my boy's first month yesterday with two buffets (one for friends in the afternoon and one for relatives in the evening) yesterday. Invited many relatives cos' baby was the first grandson for my in-laws.

Used Continental Delights (hi-tea menu) in the afternoon and Elsie's Kitchen (dinner menu)in the evening. Preferred Continental Delights cos' spread is more interesting and service is good. Din give cakes cos' had buffet but ordered the ang ku kueh from Bangawan Solo for 70cents a pc. Quite nice. Ordered 30 and none left. Btw, ordered a 3kg cake from Creative Bake to give to the school I'm teaching in.

Hi augustmum ,

I am looking at hi tea also !
So which range of hi tea menu you used ? And how many pax did you ordered ?
prevailing taxes applicable ? Gst 5% ?

Hi sue and augustmum,

My bb not out yet yet so not sure of bb's actual wt. Think I'l jus buy 1 pack for NB 1st then top up when finished in case bb grows faster than expected.

Jus went to buy Madamme's maternity pads. Didn't know that it's wingless so now worried that will side leak. A lot of mums recommend Kotex maternity pads but I can't seem to find leh. Any idea?

Hi Skyblue,

I bought the Kotex (wings) from NTUC. It is individually wrapped, comes in a pink package.

Hey Beanie,

How's your first month celebration? Mine went on fine.

Need to ask you...how's your breastfeeding getting on? Mine quite a fustrating experience. Is it ok that my boy only suckle on one breast for 10 mins and that's all? Afraid that he is not getting enough. He is gaining weight and passing motion.

I'm feeding on demand, so whenever he cries, I will try to feed him. Just wondering whether I will be spoiling him this way, gratifying his demand every time he cries. He also needs to suckle for a while before going to sleep. Read somewhere, that if this goes on, he will not know how to fall asleep on his on. Any remedy?

Hi Augustmum,

The celebration went on fine. We were so busy on the day.

My supply is not enough for my girl and so I supplemented with fm. Most of the time I express so that I know how much she is drinking but before each feed, I will let her suckle each side of my breast for 10-15 minutes. After that she will cry if I do not bring her my expressed milk (80ml). So I know she is not getting enuf milk from the suckle. Everyday, I feed her twice on bf only. Very sad, supply quite little. Now she needs at least 100ml per feed. How about your boy? You still giving him fm or total bf?

I am going to bring her for her 2nd Hep B injection this afternoon. Hope she is fine with it and dun get too grouchy after the jab.

Hi Beanie,

I'm still on total bf. Me too, in doubt if my supply is sufficient. Recently, he wants to feed every hourly. Really exhausted. In addition, in the middle of each feed, he will start crying and get very unhappy.

I'm thinking of switching to FM too but frens, SIL and MIL kept asking me to press on. However, I really feel drained mentally especially at nite. As you know, we are the only ones who can feed the baby.

So you have taken her for the injection. Did she cry? Did you go to the polyclinic? What is the procedure like?

My CL is leaving on Thursday. Will be on my own. Really apprehensive. What's your situation like?

Hi Aug mummies,
Wanna chk with all of u who hv already deliv, is it normal to hv diarr? My EDD's tomo n I was rudely woken up by sharp tummy pains this morng...went to loo twice already. Is it a cause for concern coz my next gynae visit's on thu...

Hi augustmum,

I am lucky cause my mil says that so long as I am giving my girl bf is good enuf, no matter whether is it total or partial. If he cries in between feed, is it becos your supply is not enuf? Like for my girl, if I withdraw the bottle half way thru the feed, she will cry loudly to protest that she is not having enuf.

Yah, brought her for the Hep B 2nd jab yesterday afternoon. According to the polyclinic, you got to call and make appointment first. But for my case, as I do not know, they allow me. So you may like to call up the polyclinic that you are bringing your boy to and make an appointment. The cost is $10 and as is first visit, after the jab, got to bring her to see the doctor (jab done by the senior staff nurse). The doctor will check your baby thoroughly. Waiting time is not long for the jab but you got to wait quite long to see the doctor.

My girl cried immediately when she was jabbed but cools down pretty fast.

Have you tried bathing your boy? My mil is still staying with us, so she is still helping out. I take care of my girl and my mil do the washing, bathing and cooking. But when I return to work, she will look after my girl at night cause I dun think I can handle her and work together. Gonna be too tiring for me.

Have you heard of the extended maternity leave. Too bad we were too early. Wonder what benefit will we be getting?

Hi Andriany,

Is there any discharge? Are you still experiencing the pain? You may like to call your gynae to check with them.

hihi..exhausted..
Need to take care baby and do housework at the same time...(start cleaning up for baby shower)...but all these are worthwhile. So far my confinement was ok lor..
Been taking care of my boy..and my mum just do the cooking and baby's laundry.
Want to ask those who have given birth..i'm already in my second week after delivery..i'm still bleeding..is it normal??
Hey..the maternity leave is valid for those who give birth on august..and my friend told me that the deduction from medisave has increased also. check out tomorrow's newspaper for more details.

well..tired..got to go for a bathe and ZZZZZZZZZ..

Cheers!

Hi Augustmum,

thanks for the assurance, my bb has been gaining weight now. Such a relief! Well initially i also doubt myself of producing enuff milk, now i try not to be so stressed out. Usu i feed him on both, he will suckle for 15-20 mins n automatically pulls himself off my nipple when he's done with it. Sometimes i thought he hasnt finished it yet, so i tried to push him towards my nipple, and haha, he just simply refuses to open his mouth. I'm glad, for in this way, he lets me know that he has already emptied my breast and would want to proceed to the next. But then, i've a prob of leaking breastmilk. It occurs everytime when i'm bf on one breast, and the milk will leak from the other breast at the same time! Now i abit fearful that my bb is only getting the hindmilk when put on the leaking breast. Is there any soln for this?
Dun worry, u will definitely be able to cope with motherhood :> For me, i've been bathing bb since the day i'm back from hospi. My mil helps out in clearing the dirty stuff, washing and cooking. Also helps me to take care of bb when i need sleep, eat or simply rest. When u bathe bb, be careful when u try to lift bb from bathtub back to changing table. Coz bb's body will be quite slippery when wet, and if bb struggles at that time, will be quite a challenge.

Hi Skyblue,
i'm using Madamme's pads. So far i prefer it better than Kotex, coz Madamme's got better cushioning, esp if u use 2 pads together. Just stick them a little side by side, and this will prevent any leakage. I used the Kotex loop before, initially tot it's good, but then absorbent n cushioning not that comfy. U can try the method i did.

Hi Andriany,
if u have a show, then most prob u have to go to hospi. If it's tummy pains, or contractions, monitor the frequency and intensity of it. Hopefully u r doing well now, call ur gynae when in doubt coz it may differ in our opinions. Waiting to hear of ur good news! :>

Hi Scoobydoo,
this is also my second week after delivery. So far my bleeding has cleared to brownish one. But fear not, urs is not isolated case. There are others who actually bleed for abt 1 mth. This is depdt on individual. Doesnt mean that something's wrong. But if u feel faint, sick and feverish, then consult ur gynae, otherwise, shd be fine :>

Yeah great man! There's this extended maternity leave as well as bb bonus :> Regards to the antenatal medisave claim, what do they mean by that? Coz i believe for us who have already delivered, we've paid off everything already rite? Augustmum, i think u r still entitled for the benefits, coz ur edd was actually in Aug n not Jul. The govt did mention something abt edd being in Aug yet ended up delivering earlier than that can still claim for benefits, but must write in i think so? Check out the details in ST tom :>

Okie, check in again sometime to see how we r getting on then, everybody, a toast to our motherhood, and JIA YOU!!!!!

Hi ladies,
My EDD has come and gone...and irony is, sis deliv on my EDD! Hehe! Anyway going to see gynae tomo to hv cervix exam....hopg I don't hv to wait too long to join u ladies in the ranks of motherhood....in the meantime, all of u take care!

Hey mums, me finally got the chance to log in again...have been grabbing all opp to rest and sleep in the day to prepare for the night feeds
happy.gif

Now into my second week, so got to start sourcing for lobangs for full month caterers and confectionary...any recommendations?

Hi skyblue,
There is a winged version of pureen maternity pad available at Kiddy Palace...dunno abt other places though. Cheap and good!

As for diapers for new born, think you can stock up abt 1-2 packs...i've used up 1 pampers and 2 fitti in 2 weeks
happy.gif

Hi augustmum,
My bb also having the same problem, and cries for me every hr...me also trying to perservere...will see how tonight. Meanwhile, guess you just have to rest more during the day, and catch as much sleep as you can!

Hi scoobydoo,
if you are eating food that will 'wash' out the blood clots then it's normal...Me now into my second week, and discharge is now brownish and slight reddish at times cos i eating 'hei mu er' and 'zhu jiao cu'..at least this is what the confinement lady says...

Hi beanie,
think for the extended maternity will depends on your individual company. if they are willing to let you off for the extra month, the govt will reimburse them...me still waiting for HR to make announcement
happy.gif

Hi leibit,
Din really managed to see you in MAH afterall?
happy.gif

Leaking on the other breast while bb is latched on is due to the 'let down' reflex if i'm not wrong. i used to collect it earlier for fear of no supply (express for bb) but now use a towel to prevent dripping loh (learnt from another mum while bf in the same nursing room
happy.gif

As for the medisave claim, got to go back to the hospital to resubmit the papers...

All mums, jia you!

Hi Leibit n aimee,

Thks for ur advise.
happy.gif
Lebit, how do u stick the pad side by side? Panty got space to have 2 pcs together?

Hi Aimee,

yah lor didnt manage to see u though we only delivered 1 day apart from each other. Guess that during that time, we're also very exhausted to check out each other lah :> So my boy is born one day after ur boy? Heehee, so u r planning for the full month celeb now? Cakes n eggs wise, we've decided on Bengawan, whereas for buffet caterer, we're still scouting for more info. Hows ur boy now? How different do u think he has changed over these 2 weeks? For me, i noticed a new type of crying-tone from my boy, which he never used all along, until today. Mil said he's getting naughtier, n easily bored too, so need people to carry him n walk around. Sigh, i felt quite tired at times to walk around with him, so always tried to sit. But then the moment i sat, he started wailing. In the end, had to ask pil to help walk him around while i rest.
At home, i just let the milk drip as my pyjamas can absorb it, haha! When i go out, i use the breastpads. What i'm worried is whether i'm wasting milk by allowing it to drip without collecting. Same here, i gotta go back to MAH to submit the claim too. They said can claim antenatal ones, so do we bring our gynae's receipts to hospital also? or to the gynae? As for the bb bonus, we gotta send in by internet izzit?

Hi Skyblue,
i stick the 2 pads side-by-side, by slightly stacking one on top of each other, allowing some overlapping of the pads. In this way, cushioning is better, helps to relief u of the pain also. What Aimee said is rite, that if u eat those food that flush out the dirty blood, then u tend to have lots of red discharge. Still, not to worry, it's our body's way of reacting to external agents that we dont need. :>

Hi leibit,
Yah, your boy is a day later
happy.gif

Hm...trying to source around for good lobangs for the full month celebrations loh. Now that the price of eggs have gone up, our expenses for the celebration will definitely go up higher :{
Hey, care to share with me what bengawan has to offer for the cakes and eggs? Are you also getting any 'ang gu kway'??

Hmm...my boy still look the same leh...we seldom let him cry...usually when he hungry then we quickly feed him liao...
An advice from my CL: try not to carry bb too often during this month, else they will want you to carry all the time after that. i've seen it for myself in the case of my niece, so i try not to carry bb unless bf or calming him down.

How's your supply? Do you have the problem of bb waking up every hr for feed also? i'll just let the milk drip...have stopped expressing since my engorgement stopped. Dunno if it's a wise choice though...

Will be asking hubby to go back to MAH..as for antenatal ones...not sure to submit to who leh. Wondering if they have a hotline to call and ask abt this...
BB bonus i heard from my friend is given in 4 instalments right? Havent really go study how to claim leh...

hi, mummies who hv delivered in aug ..

any working mummies? any idea if your company has announced if they will be extending the maternity leave for you? i am due in sep and is worried tt my co. will not extend the maternity leave for me though govt has announced willing to reimburse if co. wants to extend the leave ..
sad.gif

Hi all,

I'M BACK! Today's the first day without the CL. Actually, quite glad she had left cos' found her too domineering and busybody.

In addition, she cooked the same stuff every day. Really sick of her cooking. Every day, one dish of meat (pork/ chicken/ fish) and one dish of vegetable; both cooked in oyster sauce and seseme oil.

She was very free as I did not take tonic soup as baby still has jaundice. Every afternoon, she would be on the phone, talking very loudly.

She also arrived very late. The agreed time was 8am, but she started to come at 8.30, then 9. Some days, she would go out to do her own shopping. When I asked her how long she would take, she told my MIL that I did not trust her.

Told her not to use ginger in the cooking but she said (based on her many years of experience), it's ok to eat ginger when baby has jaundice. Pd told her personally and she said pd din know better. As a result, I must picked out the ginger, strand by strand.

Aimee,
Asked my pd why baby always chokes when on breast and will pull away. Pd said that it is due to let down, too much milk all of sudden. She advised me to stop my baby from sucking for a while when I have let down and resume the feeding after a few seconds.

Beanie,

I bathed the baby today with my MIL's supervision. She gave me 7/ 10, think 3 marks are encouragement marks
happy.gif
Not very steady yet but no choice, must learn on the job.

Hey, are you going to write in the MCDS cos' baby's EDD is in August? Then, must ask gynae to certify that our EDD is in August.

Hi Aimee,
for the Bengawan solo, they have ads over in Motherhood mags. They have a variety of packages: marble cakes, choc cakes, with eggs n ang gu kueys, depending on what combi u want. Yah lor, with such a time, eggs price high, our confinement also lack of chicken. For me, i really cant be bothered with my boy when he starts crying. I only carry him when he starts crying non-stop for more than 5 mins. Very bad izzit?
biggrin.gif
My pil are the ones who will rush to carry n sayang him, even though they always tell me not to carry him that much. Sigh, grandparents hor!
My milk supply so far ok, i think so. How to really determine? My boy is just like alarm clock, sets off for feeding once 2 hrs up. I try not to carry him or be near him once i finish feeding, else he will want to drink again. So normally after feeding, he will be taken care of by my mil. I also had engorgement, but only once, dunno whether this is a good sign or not. After that, it's milk dripping. Do u think bb will have enuff when we drip milk like this? That's my area of concern, coz we cant prevent this let-down, yet we hope bb's getting enuff milk. Headache yah!
I think there's a 1800 hotline for us to call. It's everywhere on newspaper as well as internet. Now i still quite lazy to call. The bb bonus will be given out 3 weeks after birth, 6mth, 12mth and 18mth. But we have to apply for the bonus. Should be the same hotline for enquiry.

Hi Littleprince,
think u shd call the hotline to enquire also. I know that some companies actually try to cheat their employees, so better check out with the authorities abt the new ruling.

Hi Augustmum,
does ur bb cry when bathing? If he does, then u can try checking whether it's the temp of water he likes/dislikes. Coz my boy has been crying for days whebn bathing, until recently we then realised he prefers jacuzzi than just normal lukewarm water!
biggrin.gif

Hi Augustmum,

I have already written to MCDS for the baby bonus. As for the extended maternity leave, got to check with your company.

I did not ask my gynae to certify, instead, send in ther report from TMC and the laboratory as there is indication on these reports that my EDD should be in August.

I think you should also give it a try, anyway, there is no harm.

Will let you know if I hear any news from them. BTW have you check out on the other thread for the appeal? I have also joined them for the apeal.

Hi gals,

Been a long time since my last post. I delievered my little princess on Aug 11, 4 days before my EDD. Best part of this is that it's also the first day of my maternity leave. I didn't waste any leave at all.

Just a brief sharing of my "labour day":
Woke up at 3am with funny abdominal pain... thot I needed to pass motion, and I tried, but only managed to bomb out a little. Then went back to bed, and realised that the pain felt like period cramps, but stronger... and was like *gulp*... don't tell me it's really labour pain liao?! then timed myself.. cramps were coming like every 15 mins. I decided to have a good shower (yah, at 4am in the morning!) cos it's probably my last good shower before I'm barred from showering during my confinement. After the shower, I woke up my hubby and told him I was having cramps... probably The Contractions. He promptly freaked out for a while before calming down and got dressed...

Thankfully, we had my dad's car with us, so hubby drove down to KK... arrived there around 5am... my gynae finally came around 7am plus. She said my cervix was something like 1cm dilated... and predicted that I would deliver around 6pm. I was like, "WHAT?!? How am i supposed to endure through so many hours?!?" From the delivery room, I was sent to my bed to endure through the contractions without any pain relief. Endured for a few hours and by 11am or so, I was giving my hubby murderous looks already cos he wanted to wait for a while more before telling the nurses that I wanted to be sent back to the delivery room for pain relief. He said I wanted to bite off his head or something already. Heh. I was also thinking of not having another child anymore. ;P

So i went back to the delivery room and got my epidural. Pure bliss. (Having a 2nd child is still negotiable.) I could still feel my legs and the contractions, but the pain was so minimal. I felt pins and needles in my legs, but could still have control over them. I could even take a short nap in the afternoon. But after some hours of waiting, my epidural wore off, and I couldn't stand the pain again, so i requested for them to "refill"/top-up my epidural. Even with this refill, my princess still couldn't be pushed out. Maybe I was pushing the wrong way? Or didn't push hard enough? Anyway, the mid-wife said she won't get my epidural to be refilled the 3rd time, and want me to feel the contractions to push better. I was like... going to whine and whine...

Oh yes, I was given the stupid gas mask thingy all along. Like no effect one! I told my hubby during my sane moments while I was labouring that the stupid mask is more for me to shut up and stop whining then to give me any real pain relief.

Anyway, to cut my long labour story short, I endured from sunrise to sunset and finally delivered my darling at 7pm. YES, it's even one hour later than what my gynae predicted. The moment she slipped out of the birth canal and got her air passages cleared, baby gave out a good cry... and at that very moment, it was just the most beautiful sound that I've ever heard. I was really, really happy. (Of cos, now having lived with her for 2 1/2 weeks, her crying isn't as beautiful as the first one... hahaha).

Thankfully, she could suckle quite well soon after being delivered and cleaned up. Now I'm on total breastfeeding. But for the first week, I supplemented with formula cos she seemed to have a huge appetite that it seemed I could not meet her demand.

My baby still has jaundice... probably prolonged due to breastfeeding? Her last check up showed birubilin (sp?) level at 158... her highest was 211 about a week ago. Am really hoping and praying that it'll be below 100 by next check up so that she can be spared of the horrible needle pricks to suck her blood.

So far, surviving each day with lotsa help from hubby, MIL and mum. I've started showering normally (twice a day!!!YIPPEE) after more than a week. Before that I used those chinese packet herbal bath thingy. Don't like. :p Can't stand being smelly and sticky. I lost almost all my pregnancy weight... probably due to breastfeeding? Very happy about this.

All in all, I'm thankful that God has seen me through the whole 9 months of pregnancy, even though I fell really sick a couple of times (high fever, food poisoning, etc). Baby's healthy and normal, and I thank God for that.
happy.gif

Hi Cookiedough,

congrats on ur bundle of joy! Glad to hear that all's well for u n bb. Heehee, i also agree with u, that bb's crying isnt as beautiful as the first one, hahaha! Did u notice ur gal changing her tone of crying? Mine did recently, a kind of high-pitched soft wailing as if wanting people to pity him :p
Must remember to suntan ur gal everyday to get rid of jaundice. Best time is from 8-9am.
I also started showering, but with warm water. Been perspiring madly daily so if dun shower, how can rite? Wow, u so good, actually back to ur pre-pregnant weight? Sigh, i'm still 10 kilos away :<
True, God's always faithful, and isnt God so wonderful to bless us with our bundle of joy? :>

hi cookiedough..

haha..your birth story is quite drama leh...i didn't get the chance to experience of oop!..water bag broke and rush to hospital kind of thingy..everything was pre-plan....and uneventful but definitely unforgettable lah.
Oh.don't worry about the jaudice lah..my baby was having quite serious jaundice also..he actually go up to 251 and had to go through the phototherapy. the reading went down after the therapy and gone up again the next day when we brought him to polyclinic. so we started to put him under the morning sun. The doc actually say that if you baby is one week old and the reading is 255, it shouldn't be dangerous unless the baby is below one week old. So don't worry, the jaundice will get better but still must observe lor.

Same here, i started bathing once i reached home, using warm water..my mother came to know about it and scolded me for not telling her so that she can boil the chinese herbs for me. i added in the rice wine into the chinese herbs..it will give you a cooling feel, quite nice.

wa..you so lucky..shed so fast..for me i only managed to shed 8 kg, 3 more kg to my pre-pregnancy weight..but hope to shed 8 more la.

ya..God bless all of us for having a healthy baby!

leibit,
i think if my co. do not want to give me the extended leave, also no choice lor .. coz the legislation law states 1st oct and the govt can't force the companies to start early so they can only indicate tt they encourage employers to start early .. of coz, if my co. is not willing to give, it will only mean they are not pro-family lor since govt is willing to reimburse so not much loss for the co. ..

Hi Littleprince,

that will be such disappointment. It's quite unfair that they didnt enforce it strictly n faster, since this announcement is made in Aug, dun understand y must wait till Oct. Hope that ur company will be more understanding n give u the maternity leave, since they wont lose out anyway. Sigh....

Hi Leibit,
ya .. its a disappointment but then, compared to those who delivered before Aug, i am more fortunate lor so cannot grumble too much .. will just hv to wait for my co. memo expected to be out today .. thks ..

btw, r u a SAHM or will be returning to work after yr maternity leave?

Hi Littleprince,

i will be returning to work after maternity leave. I guess i was one of the luckier lot, coz i'm a teacher, in civil service, so maternity 3mths, by the time i back in sch, will be the 2nd week of Nov, just 2 weeks more to hols. Just perfect timing for me. Initially tot of taking no-pay leave for next year, but then, too bad, i 've squandered much of my money on my Europe tour last Dec without realising i'm carrying bb already.
sad.gif
So SAHM is a no-no for me at the moment.
nono.gif
Maybe when i hv my second bb? heehee....
lame.gif

What abt u? Do u prefer to be SAHM or working? N do u intend to breastfeed? Is ur bb a little prince?

Leibit,
lucky u!!
happy.gif
.. guess tts the perks for being a civil servant ..

i wld prefer to be wkg though i know the advantage to being a SAHM means more time with bb .. but i somehow feel its a waste to give up my job which i am quite happy with at the moment, and hubby will need to work very hard in order to maintain our current lifestyle ..

i intend to do TBF and will EBM when i return to work, know its tough but going to hang on somehow as long as i can coz i dun wan my "little prince" to miss out anything tt his mummy can give .. i hv been reading up alot abt BFg so hope i can do it well, otherwise will come back here for help from mummies like you all ..
happy.gif

Hi ladies,
I am back! Yep I've popped liao....on 26th....1 day apart frm sis. Went to gynae at 1040am for cervix examinatn as I was already overdue. She told me tt if I don't deliv by sep 2, will be induced. Just when my examinatn was done, loads of fluid came leakg out n I realised tt my waterbag had burst. Gosh.
Thk gdness it burst in her clinic, coz I can tell u it's no joke when u r lying down....it just keeps flowg! Heh.
Anyway wasn't allowed to go home as I needed to be observed...so hung ard sis's ward until nurse chased me to be admitted. Headed for labour suite at 3pm but as contractns were v slight, I requested not be strapped onto monitorg machine and they obliged. I was still fine at 6pm, just feelg mild contractns, so gynae asked if I wanted fast or slow pain. I was worried tt if my pain didn't increase fast enough, I might end up hvg a csectn, so opted for fast one. Put on drip at 6ish and then pain gradually intensified.Felt as if I was hvg v bad fd poisong...but I refused any medicatn n tahan all the way to 8ish, when nurses told me tt my pain wasn't wrkg for me, coz if I didn't relax, cervix wouln't open, so was forced to take pethadine at 8pm to help me relax. Felt drowsy after tt n worst thg was, for me, pethadine wrked even better than an epid on most ppl....I actually didn't feel anythg at the transitn stage n 2nd stage! I only wanted to z....so was forced awake w hot face towels n told to push, as I didn't knw when to push. Nurses, hubby m gynae yelled PUSH when contractns came n I just pushed as ordered. Kinda weird huh? Anyway needed vacuum asst as my pushes were not strong enough n at 2245hrs, lil Lynn-Sarah emerged at 3.570kg....n w a loud cry tt could wake the nation.
Anyway, today had to send my darling to ESH as her jaundice levels were v high. She has to be admitted for 3D/2D. Feel so sad tt I cried on the way to hospital...anyway gonna go over to see her again tonight b4 visitg hrs r over. Can't wait to hv her hm again.

Hi Andriany,

glad to hear that u've finally popped safely! Have been wondering what's happened to u coz didnt hear from u for so many days liao. So qiao yah, lucky u, waterbag burst in gynae's presence, at least wont be so taken aback rite? So in the end, u didnt take epi, izzit? Haha, rite man, it's weird when they told u to push n all we can do is just listen to the instructions. My case also similar, i felt so lost when it came to pushing coz i cant feel anything at all!
Well, dun be too upset, i'm sure ur gal will recover with the phototherapy. Actually lots of bbs also kena jaundice after birth, more or less will be stablised in 2 weeks time. Keep praying, and God bless!

Thanks Leibit for yr words of consolatn. Anyway glad to report tt she was discharged yest...nw looks v rosy. Thk gdness for tt!

Hi Andriany,

thats great! So u can have all the time with ur gal now! But also must remember to sunbathe her in the sun for a few days. The best time is from 8-9am. Hope u rest well also!

Hi girls... got a few questions to ask all of you:

1. Do you girls resort to letting your baby use the pacifier to "silence" their crying? What are the negative effects of using pacifier? My baby cried a lot yesterday. Don't know if it's due to the growth spurt phase... she hardly slept yesterday. Thank God today she's back to normal...

2. Can you recommend a good rocker to buy? Was thinking of getting one so that we don't have to rush all the way to the bedroom to check on her when she cries... can let her sleep in the rocker in the living room sometimes... more easily visible. Or would you girls recommend that I get a playpen instead?

3. Does the malay massage lady help to realign the womb back into place? I still have not got mine to come over cos my weight is back to normal, but my tummy flesh is loose and full of stretch marks. My fren said her colleagues said that the malay massage lady will help to get the womb back into position/shape so that conceiving is easier next time. Comments, anyone?

Hi Cookiedough,

I tried using pacifier but my baby rejected it. Since your baby cried for only one day, could be due to growth spurt. If she cries at the same time for several days, then it could be colic.

I bought a rocker from Kiddy Palace. Baby prefers it to cot. The brand is Babylove, about $50++. However, as my boy is very active, I'm thinking about getting a mattress to put on the floor in the living room instead.

Can't help you re. the massage lady.

Andriany,

Congrats. My baby has jaundice too, but it was breastfeeding jaundice. Mine lasted quite long. Now, he's 6-week old but still has slight jaundice.

Ladies,

Any tips on baby's skin care. My boy has rashes on his face and neck. Doc. said he has eczema, which I had too when I was young.

hi mothers..

Cookiedough,
i use pacifier when my baby actually cried for milk but it's not time for milk yet, it will somehow calm him down and he'll eventually doze off. I don't know about negative effect lor..but i think better not let the baby get used to having one..cos i think it's not very nice seeing them wearing it when they are older ..like 3/ 4 years old. A good suggestion is take out the pacifier when the baby fall asleep.

augustmum,
i have a good way to "cure" the rashes..use Guiness stout to bathe the baby, just mixed a bit with the water and bathe the baby without putting in the soap. it really work, my baby had quite bad rashes on the face too..but i've been bathing him with the guiness stout..the rashes are gone now.(this is taught by my mum), another thing is to clean the baby face and neck with warm towels after each feed lor.

i have questions too..
1) how to get rid of those dark patches on the stomach..it really look ugly..
2) if i had a c-section, issit advisable to get a massage lady??..you mean after massaging..the flabby tummy will be gone completely??...this thing has been bothering me ah..cos right now i still can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes...still have to wear larger t-shirt..really look like auntie!!..somemore can see the tummy bouncing..please advise! tks!

Hi ladies,
So how's everyone doing?

MASSAGE
I'm undergoing massage right now...it's a 10 session course and I find tt it's making a lot of diff. My tummy has gone down by a lot but my wt still needs wrkg on. Sigh. What to do when I had no ms n ended up eatg loads of stuff. Haha. Nw my daugh has a voracious appetite too. Bfg her but yet hv to supplement w formula.
I had a natural deliv...but still was advised to wait a few days b4 startg massage. As for c-sectn, thk hv to wait longer but not sure for how long. Thg is, it's impt to start as soon as u can so it'll be easier to lose the flab.

PACIFIER
My daugh rejects the pacifier too. She prefers to suckle instead, which gets a tad tiring for me.

ROCKER
My sis bought me a Mothercare rocker (lilac) which is great coz it fits a nb v well. It doesn't curve too deep in so support is just nice. Thk it costs $119 or so?

RASHES
My daugh has rashes too...esp on the chin altho I place a towel to ensure the milk tt dribbles gets "caught" there. Nw I do tt n also ensure tt I use a wet wipe or a wet towel to wash off any remnants.

Alritey, take care everyone...will chk in agn soon!

Hi Andriany, congrats. I believe all August mums would have delivered by now. I brought my bb back to M'sia for 2 wks (my hubby's a M'sian) thus disappear for awhile. My bb has rashes on her face too! Initially, I tot it's the breast milk but even after we wipe her, she still has it. My MIL said could be heat rash. We put noni juice &amp; it clears.

Cookiedough, to answer your qns.
Pacifier - We give it to our gal as a last resort. My PIL &amp; parents said that it's easy to wean off so we give. She will suck for awhile &amp; spit it out. Guess she prefers to suckle because sometimes she rejects pacifier but ok with the breasts.

Massage - During my massage session, the lady did some pushing around my abdominal &amp; said that it's to push the womb back. So I guess it's true that the massage will help to put the womb back into position.

Can someone tell me how do I attach my bb's photos? I tried but it doesn't work, I don't see the picture.

Hi Andriany,

Congrats. What fm are you giving your girl? Sometimes rashes may be due to the fm that you supplement with.

Hi Sue,

How big is your file? I am not too sure, I tried once and when you preview, you will be able to see the pic. Try not to attach too big a file. Hope it works for you.

Hi Cookiedough,
My girl too sucks a while and spit it out like Sue's baby. As she does not suck for very long and sometimes even rejects the pacifier, so I believe it should not be too difficult to wean her off.

Hi Augustmum,

I think we got the same rocker from Kiddy Palace
happy.gif

Are you still giving your boy Friso? How much is he taking now? I already finished 4 tins and my girl is taking 120ml per 3 hour.

How is his 2nd Hep B jab?

BTW, you gave birth in July, your edd should be in August right? Did you try to get the baby bonus?

Hi cookiedough,
Checked with my masssage lady...for csectn, u need to wait 2 wks b4 u can commence massage.

Hi Sue,
You hv to ensure tt u change the photo size using Photo Editor...this thread can't take one tt's a size too big. Try to save under jpg format...takes up less space.

Hi beanie,
As I hv history of asthma, was advised to give bb Nan HA...so tt's wat I supplement her with.

Hi Beanie,

I'm back on total breastfeeding after one week on FM as baby's jaundice has reduced.

How's heavy is your girl now? Mine is 4.9kg at 6 weeks. He was 2.87kg at birth. We weighed him at the pd last week when he had his injection. Decided to have the injections done by the pd, so that baby will have only one doc. to monitor him.

Baby cried only for a while, not as loud as we had expected. He cried louder when he had his blood drawn the previous time.

I have just written the letter to MCDS. I have got the verification letter from my gynae too, stating my EDD date. Now, waiting for hubby to get our marriage cert, ICs and baby's birth cert. to be photocopied.

Hi augustmum,

I envy you so much. My supply is not enuf for my girl and I have already stop bf.

My girl weighs 3.95kg at 4+wk. She was 2.8kg at birth.

I am sure you will get the baby bonus and the extended maternity leave cause I already got mine
happy.gif

Hi Andriany,

How is Nan? I heard is not bad. How much do you pay for a tin?

Hi Beanie,

Read that you have written to MCDS and got your extended maternity leave and baby bonus already. How long do you have to wait from the time you submit your letter to the time MCDS responded?

I was told we need to have the reason why we end up delivering in july instead, does the report from TMC state the reasons as well?

I am thinking of writing to MCDS too as i missed by 3 days, would you be able to send your appeal letter to me for reference? My email address is [email protected]

Hi QSG,

They took about a week to respond.

Not necessary to have the reason. All you need to show them is a report from your doctor stating that your edd is in August however, deliver early.

There is no need to appeal. Just a letter to inform them your purpose of writing with all the supporting documents. The supporting documents are the most important.

All the best to your application.

Back