(2004/08) Anyone due in August 2004?

Hi Leibit,

I'm not sure about when I should go back to teach. In fact, I'm not even sure if I'll ever go back to work. Haha...My wish has always been to stay at home to look after my kid(s). I'm contented being a housewife. The only reason why I haven't quit yet is because we need the extra $$$. Hubby and I need to calculate whether we can survive on his pay alone, and pray for God's leading in this issue. When is the latest I can submit the resignation letter to sch/MOE? 1 month before the last day of work, right?

I really would rather care for my child myself, rather than leave the job (when I'm working) to any of her grandparents. Somehow, there are just some beliefs and practices that are different, however unimportant they are, e.g. grandparents very much tend to spoil their grandchildren. I want to be responsible (with my hubby) for her growth and development mentally, physically and spiritually.

Hi Winnierabbit,

yep, i'm a teacher. Not very convenient for me in this forum to tell u where i teach, coz scully my P&VP also log in, then i really kana for gossiping abt them in this column, hahaha
biggrin.gif
....can only tell u mine is in North-East area. I'm teaching P4s this yr. Ya, i like children, really enjoy my teaching coz of children, though there are also times that they make me real MAD.
lol.gif
But then once i step out of the class, i'll either try to forget all abt it or laugh it out lor...y make urself being so miserable by remaning so angry right?
biggrin.gif
Little horrors, hahaa....but it's quite funny n interesting when u see how they behave.
happy.gif

Hmmm....Clarence is a unique name.
happy.gif
Seldom heard of boys with this name for a long long time oreadi. Do u know the meaning?

Hi Cookiedough,

Wah, u r so wei3 da4, hv this wish to stay at home n take care of kids.
happy.gif
I cant imagine myself being a housewife, think i go crazy then man! Whereas i can imagine myself being a tai-tai,
lol.gif
hahaha! Actually if u really dont indulge in luxury gds, dont eat in restaurants, dont take cabs, dont buy unneccesary things, shd be able to survive on single-income.
happy.gif
Just tt sometime it's so difficult....maybe for me at least. Well, i'm sure that God will lead u to the path He wants for u. He always answers our prayers.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Not too sure abt the submission. I only know that for the final mth that we're working, we wont be paid coz MOE's policy is always paying us b4 we start working for the full mth. (whereas for others, they hv to work till mth-end/next mth b4 they get their first pay)

True lah, grandparents hv different beliefs n practices. It will be good if u let them know how u want ur child to be. I try my best to let my pil know abt it, of coz, provided tt they r not those type of 'difficult' people lah. N i cant disallow them to look after my boy coz we r all living together. As for u, u can easily let them know tt u will know better coz u've looked after 40kids b4 mah.
biggrin.gif
My pil trusted me better in this area coz of that. But then of coz, no amt of $$ can compensate for the time that u spend with ur child.
happy.gif

Thanks Leibit & Helpful Punggolite for your advise.
I think i really should go for a hospital tour to familiarize myself.

Hi all ,

How are you all coping ?
Have your baby taken the 3rd month jab ?
which will you chose ? 5-in -1 or normal free jab @ polyclinic ?
Going to polyclinic or Pd or GP ??

Hi Irenevinc,

So far so good. Think baby after third month is easier to cope. Baby had his third month jab last week. We chose 5 in 1 cos pd said lower chance of having a fever after the jab. However the last dose will be a 6 in 1.

For those who gave birth prior to August but qualify for baby bonus, have you received the invitation package yet? I have not.

Heylo Irenevinc n Augustmum,

been having fun looking after bb n bringing him out for shopping. Just tt it's tiring at times, n with my maternity leave ending very soon, cant help feeling sad abt not being able to spend so much time w bb in future. Sigh, well, that's life....

Will be taking 5-in-1 in mid nov at polyclinic since it's just opp my place.

Irenevinc, what do u mean by free jab?? Poly has free jabs meh???

Augustmum, why the last dose is 6-in-1? What's the meaning? I dun understand.....
Sorry, cant help u on that regarding the bb bonus. I think should be due to the fact tt ministry has too many preggies n mums to settle that's y delay. I received it only in early Oct. Did u call them to ask y delay?

Hi Augustmum ,

By the way , how much is your 5 in 1 by pd and which pd is it ?
If you say last dose will be 6 in 1 then isnt it 6 in 1 jab ??
Heard some say is not so good to take the 6 in 1 jab ! not sure how true is it !

For me , baby born after august , I had receive the first baby bonus cash only , they have not sent me the information for the opening of the account yet !! ( not sure what is the invitation package you are refering to )

Hi Leibit ,

Yah , fun bring one baby out shopping but not when you have one toddler and one baby !!
Really tiring ....

Yah , poly has free jab but its not those 5 in 1 nor 6 in 1 type! Its the normal jab . ( last time when there is no 5 in 1/ 6 in 1 , they uses this 'normal jab')
Some say this normal jab will cause more fever then the 5 in 1 . But 5 in 1 also will cause fever .
My first daugher also had taken the normal jab .
So I am still think which to chose for my 2nd daughter!

Oh irenevinc,
thats indeed tough, to juggle both kids man! How old is ur toddler?

I see....so actually all jabs will cause fever lah? Only diff is it may differ for individual bbs?

hi Leibit ,
My daughter is 2+year now ( 28mths ).
hmm...still dono which jab to chose...
Gp also have 4 in 1 and 3 in 1 ...hmmm...

Oh I have received the letter from Mcys to open the account .

This thread is so quite recently ....all busy taking care of baby ...

Hi Irenevinc,

oh, so ur gal's attending dou-dou class? I m thinking of having #2 when my boy gets to 2yr old. Do u find it hard to cope? U sahm?

I tot most will opt 5-in-1? ...wah u making me confused w all the different #s-in-1 leh!
lame.gif

Urs is the cash plus govt savings type rite coz u hv 2kids now?
happy.gif

I think the rest either busy looking after bb, or they start work liao, like me today 1st day back at work, so tired n sleepy now......i still login every now n then, but to another thread, here beri quiet.....

Hi leibit,

strange.... thought i replied u a couple of days back, but dun see my reply here leh..

Hee hee, "Clarence" was chosen by my hubby. Its Latin and means bright and famous.
proud.gif
I had wanted "Cedric" actually, but since its a boy, let hubby win lah. Nex time girl girl, I shall have my way!
talker.gif

BTW ladies, my mum also says jabs by the poly clinic tend to cause fever more than those done at the GPs. So, I guess the types of jabs do matter for some babies...

Hi Winnierabbit,

oh, so next time if boy again how? Hubby chooses again?? Hee... Wow, Cedric sounds very celtic type of name. Did u buy any bb names books to look up all these unique names?

Heard fr colleague tt some private clinics' jabs did not hv a substance that wld cause fever. But very ex i heard. Anyway my boy has taken his jab already, only developed fever for a day, then back to normal n playing happily throughout liao, so no cause for worry :>

Hi Leibit ,

I am not SAHM lah ...How I wish I am !!
Yah , My gal just started (childcare ) nursery 1 class (suppose to be in toddler but since its OCT already , they let her go N1 so next year she still N1 ) one month ago. But sigh..still "ah poh" in the morning !!

hmmm..sometime its quite difficult to handle two at the same time.( when baby cried and the elder one want you to carry her) The elder one sometime will be jealous loh... ( think its normal ).
But of course , still can handle lah ..
Maybe 3 years gap , will be easier ..
Think kids will be more understanding at 3 years old then 2 years old .

Oh , as for the jab , my baby go for the 4 in 1 at GP . It cost $75 . No Fever !

BTW how old is your boy now ??

Hi Mums,
Have disappeared from this forum for a long time
happy.gif
paiseh...bb already 3 months liao.

Anyone still bf their bb? i'm back at work, and every express recently very depressing, cos supply seems to be dropping leh. Cant meet his demand and i got to dig out my stash in freezer
sad.gif

Any advice?

So far my boy has been going for 6 in 1 at paed so that can have routine checks there. Quite ex but less visits to hospital.
Yup, the jabs at polyclinics are free one (heard from my colleague).

Hi Mums,

Me too...have MIA for quite a while. My baby 4 months liao. Took him for his jab this morning. Haha...his reaction was quite slow. Cried only after the injection.Baby weighs 7.4kg, 50th percentile.

Aimee,
I'm still breastfeeding. Have no idea how much baby is drinking cos' mine is direct latched on. Only monitor his weight and output. Have no courage to express milk cos' din want to know how much I'm producing.

Think the best way to up milk supply is to up the demand. Maybe you may want to express more frequently, even at home. Try eating oatmeals and drink papaya plus fish soup. Drink lots of water and sleep more.

Press on ok...hope my baby will motivate you...jia you

225134.jpg

Hi augustmum,
You are not back to work yet?

Sigh, already expressing very often at home...to the point i feel that the amt is getting more and more miserable
sad.gif

Also drinking lots of water at work. Sigh...really hope not to stop bf leh, it's so convenient at night. Only problem is going out.

Are you successfully bf in public? i've tried a few times, and there was once this 30+ yr old man was staring at me from a distance at a coffee shop. Guess we must be very thick-skinned to be able to do it in public right?

wah, your bb very cute...till now i still have no courage to shave him bo-ta...maybe will do it next month
happy.gif

PS: seems like all bbs look alike leh..can imagine my boy will look like yours if fairer and bo-ta...and the dimples!
happy.gif

Hi Aimee,

I'm still on leave - took a year off.

Do not like to breastfeed in public cos' my boy likes to struggle. Usually will time my outing properly so that I will either be in the car or in a place with nursing room when it's time for his feed.

Yalor...my only motivation to BF is that there's no need to wash and sterilise bottles. If milk supply permits will continue till he's one year old.

Haha...you thought he's botah...many people thought so too! Hee...he's actually dropping hair. Have not cut his hair since birth.

Post your boy's photo online...let me admire...

Hi moms!

Sigh, fell real sick this week, my family all infected by the flu bug, felt so awful as my boy has been feverish too. But glad that he's still coping well with dose of panadol n he still play-play as usual. But mummy cant be too near him, except during bf.

Yep, i always bf when i m out with my boy. To me, maybe i thick-skinned lah, i just disregard people's stare lor, anyway, b4 the invention of formula 50 yrs ago, all mums also bf in public mah. Well, usu it'll be those elderly ah-pehs or 'hum subs' who look at u in a different eye. Let them think what they want, we cant control them.

Hi Aimee,
i've also started work earlier this Nov, n have been expressing every 4hrs. Daily, i've been able to meet my boy's feeding of ebm per day, ie each time u express, u must make sure that urs is equal to his 1 feeding. Anyway, ur boy is not drinking every 2 hrs already rite? Coz when bb grows, at 4mths' time, they usu drink every 3-4hrs. As for ways to increase bm, drink lots of water, eat oats n fenugreek (if u r not diabetic). All these help alot, and REST!

Hi Irenevinc,

true lor, so diff to ja-gar 2 kids, let alone most of us have diff coping with one already. My boy is now coming to 15 weeks, ie 3.5mths? I m quite blur, as to use mths or weeks to calculate age. :>

Hi ladies

Would anyone have any female Christian gynaes to recommend from TMC? Someone experienced, kind & doesn't rush.

Thanks!

hi hi..long time no "see"..
how's all mums & babies..
ermm..can i do a survey here..who's interested in featuring their babies in a motherhood magazine??
I'm not sure if i can do this here..but if you want to know more, you can send me a private message.

Hi Augustmum,
Borrowed a digital cam from my bro, and only managed to upload some photos yesterday
happy.gif

But this one is from my hubby's handphone...
229015.jpg

Hi Leibit,
My work recently getting a little busy, so pumping sessions is very irregular leh. My boy drinks almost every 2 - 3 hr, depending on whether he sleep or not. You think i should increase the amt to 6oz?
It's only recently then i can hit the amt he needs per feed. Previously when i return to work, always less... now i even pump during weekends to make up for the shortfall loh.
Are you tbf? Me already supplement him once a day with formula...scared next time no more milk he no drink formula leh.

Hi scoobydoo,
Just pm you
happy.gif

Hi Aimee,

Your boy handsome huh... so good, he has so much hair.

Gosh, your boy drinks quite often. Mine is every 3.5hr.

Hi Scoobydoo,
i also just pm u
wink.gif

Hi Aimee,
wah u boy so handsome! Looks like mummy/daddy??
happy.gif

Hmm...ur boy drinks so much per feed??? Mine's still content with 4oz, even with 4oz also too much for him, as he'll spit n poo more than 2x! N no matter whether he's direct latch or ebm, he still lasts for 3-4hrs. How did u find that ur boy's drinking 6oz?

My colleague told me that it's better to pump at 4hrs interval, n for each session must make sure amt is equal to his per feed. So if ur boy drinks 4 packs of ebm, u must make sure tt ur pump amt to that total ebm. Well, did u try the papaya soup, oats n fenugreek? Can try them as mine increased last time with them. I m on tbf, as i pumped diligently during ml, scared not enuff once work. So far can meet w demands, n can also go hols without bb too.

U must continue pumping, pump n pump to stimulate produce more. U will definitely have enuff one, as long as u keep pumping. I know it's tiring, esp when we gotta work, but dont give up okie! Jia you!!!!
happy.gif

Of coz if u r too stressed up over this, then supplement helps lah. Depends on ur decision, if u wanna supplement, go ahead, dun feel guilty as u hv done very well so far!
happy.gif

Hi augustmum,
actually my boy not much hair one..only got top and sides..behind is almost bare one
happy.gif

When he's drinking from the bottle very often...even when i bf direct him also abt 2hrly leh...

Hi leibit,
i think he looks like daddy...even temper also like him! ;)

Yah loh, drinks 5oz and hungry so fast...Havent increase to 6oz leh...cos nanny say no need yet.

i try to pump that amt for his feed. But sometimes really dun have so much...must be stressed at work
sad.gif
cos i'm not able to have a fixed time to pump, and most imptly, i'm using the server room...sometimes the system people got to come in to do things..so i got to make it a quick one.

Havent tried those remedies leh...bought the nursing tea from MIM, but havent drink yet. Wah, you've went for hols liao? Then got to bring pump along?

Well, have been digging into my freezer stash and last night did a last stock check...so sad to know that stock is decreasing. Really hope to be able to bf him till at least 6 months leh...

Hi Aimee,
oh, so ur boy temper like daddy huh? If good temper never mind lah
wink.gif

Ur boy really can drink! I think my boy champ liao, he drinks too little, how to increase his intake huh?
sad.gif

Oh, server room, isnt it very cold then??? Usu if very rush, then will also affect our milk ss, coz our moods r affected to some extent. Any other alternatives? Somewhere u wont be rushed, can relax one??

Hee...i also bought a trial pack from MIM, but also not yet try. Havent bought the tea strainer yet to put the leaves.

No, no...me only going hols tom. Checked my fridge, n estimated that my boy will need 40 packs altogether in 5days 24-hr period. Got more than enuff, freezer bursting already. Yep, gonna bring my pump along, so sian! Luckily my hubby volunteered to carry the pump bag for me, else i even more sian! But then, poor hubby.....
lame.gif
Now the problem is dunno the hotel's minibar's freezer enuff for my 5days pumping needs. Very tempted to ask whether can their restaurants provide freezer compartment for me!
lame.gif
Else how????? I cant bear to pump n throw, so wasted!!!!!
sad.gif

Can lah, u can do it!!!! 6 mths only 2 mths more from now.
happy.gif
Hang on!!!! Did u let ur boy latch on once u back home?

HI Leibit,
Hm...temper a little bad one leh. Hungry cannot wait a while, sleepy also must sleep immediate, cannot delay. sigh.

Wah, you very hero leh...go holiday with pump
happy.gif
Where you going?
Used to be cold (but can change the aircon temperature), then now hide in one little corner. But going to change to the store room liao...cos i think the boss may not like if she knows i always make use of her server room
sad.gif

Me havent try the tea cos also dun have the tea strainer. The teacup i have is always used by my hubby every night...sigh.

Wah, cant imagine you got 40bags of milk inside
happy.gif
BB must miss you when you're not around
happy.gif
Where you going for holiday? usually the hotel's minibar is fridge leh...seems like got not much space for you to store the milk...
Dun throw..very wasteful one.
i know it's too late to suggest, but why not bring bb along since you are bfg and if not going far?

Well, we delayed many of our travelling plans cos i'm still bfg, and no one to take care of ah boy if i were to leave him behind...

Ok, will try to perservere. But every night when i go home, feel so sad to take out my stock in fridge. Maybe got to find ways and means to build up my supply bah!

Yup, i latch him on every night i'm home.

Hi

Can anyone here recommend me a good gynae in KKH? My gynae in KKH will not be around during my EDD, so thought of changing to a new gynae soon.

Thanks

Cookiedough

Thanks for your recommendation. Do you see her in TPS or normal clinic? If in TPS, is the waiting period long?
What's her working days in TPS? Does she scan for you every visit and does she tells u the bb development?

I'm now in my 25 weeks, will it be too late to take up any antenatal package?

Do you suggest Classic or Premier?

Can i just take the delivery package?

Hi Butterscotch,
I saw her at TPS around 21 weeks i think. By then it was too late to take up the antenatal package. The nurses at the reception told me not worth it also. Most pple deliver earlier than their EDD, so usually cannot fully utilise all the no. of visits provided in the package, esp. if you sign up late. By right should sign up by 20 weeks.
Before that i saw her at the B clinic. Compared to B clinic, waiting time at TPS is so much shorter. Normally if i'm on time at the TPS, i only have to wait about 4 persons then it's my turn already. Your blood pressure and weight is taken inside her private clinic room. She scans me everytime I'm there, but no ultrasound keepsake (the black-white copy of the foetus) cos must pay $30 i think. She definitely checks baby's development, the placenta position and the amniotic fluid level. Can also estimate baby's weight during 3rd trimester by measuring from the ultrasound scan.

I definitely suggest Premier. The ambience, the short waiting time, the clean and quiet toilet with many cubicles, the comfy sofa seats, the mags, the free coffee/tea, the friendly nurses... go for it. Just pay a few bucks more per visit only! $6 more only i think!

I only took the delivery package with her cos too late for the antenatal package. No problem with that.
happy.gif

If I have a second child, I'd go back to her at TPS.
happy.gif

Hi all ,

Really salute to those who are still breastfeeding. keep it up !
Oh ..I had stop since I start work !
My baby is 4mth and weights 7kg.
What about you all?

232166.jpg
232167.jpg

Hi Aimee,

Me just back from HK. Love the weather there right now, cool not hot! But very cramp n polluted! N very amazed that the people dont seem to sleep at all, late at night still can see many shopping around.

Sigh...my trip was tiring, mainly coz of pumping. Need to pump every 4hrs, else my poor breasts will become distorted until horribly pathetic. N need to find those clean toilets eg. shopping malls n touristy places. If go night markets, then cant pump at all. So i wld take a break n go back hotel to pump. Luckily also, as if i stay longer in the night markets, i will buy even more!
lol.gif

Oh, my boy's a bit like urs too, very bad-tempered, wants mean wants immediately. Sigh....very young master temperament.
angry.gif
Haha, n when i was in hk, he kept looking at my bed(the place where i bf him)n then for 2nights he cried so much till his voice turned coarse! My pils were afraid that this would disturb my hol mood so they kept the fact from me until the last day of my trip!

I froze the milk also no use, coz when i back to Spore, all those frozen ones thawed. So in the end i had to throw away 13bags! The rest i didnt freeze, just put them in milk bags n bottles n keep cold. So at least not so bad, else i very heart-pain!

Haha, u cant imagine huh?
lol.gif
Actually i also didnt realise i hv so many milk bags in freezer until one day i counted, n realised it hit almost 60! I think i'm crazy also, coz now i wonder i pump so much for what???!!!
uhoh.gif

Wanted to take my boy along initially but then as it's to hk, thats y hubby n i decided not to risk it. Not really a good season to take bb to hk in wintertime as spread of sickness will be easier in such temp. Well, if u r going to countries like Australia or Malaysia, should be ok to bring bb along. N if u need to bf bb, can actually go to clean toilet to do it if the country doesnt allow public bf.
happy.gif

Hows ur ss now? Better? Just wanna tell u that u've done well so far, n bb is already 4mths rite? So he has already benefitted much from ur bm. Dont be upset!
happy.gif

Hi Irenevinc,

Your baby is so beautiful!

I'm still bfing cos too lazy to wash and sterilise bottles
happy.gif

My boy was 7.4kg at 4 mths. Will be 5 months next Wednesday. He has learnt how to flip (before 4 months). Think he's learning how to crawl. Recently, he has been sticking his bottom up and pushing himself forward. He's a real headache at this stage.

Wow Leibit,

You went Hong Kong. Really envy you. Can't go anywhere now cos' on one-year leave and hence no income. Must save $$.

Hope to go abroad next year when I return to work.

Hi all,

Was changing my baby's cot sheet when I found some disgusting green stuff growing on the mattress!!! So horrified and quickly threw the mattress away. Could you imagine the baby licking the mattress?

Found out from my friend that the mattress must be sunned at least once a week. If you are as sotong as me, better go check the mattress and start sunning it.

My baby's photos...

233084.jpg

233085.jpg

Hi Leibit ,

Wow , you still can go HK ...so envy leh !
huh ..pump milk during holiday...u really good man!!!

Wanted to go for a holiday too but still never plan for one yet !
sad.gif

I didnt bring baby for any bb contest .
what about you ?

Hi Augustmum ,

Your baby so cute n chubby .
Did you shave his hair ?
I just shave hers but not until bo ta lah ...still left very short hair !
Dont dare to shave until shinning ...

Wah ..can take one year off ..so good leh !

Hi Irenevinc,

I din shave his hair. He started shedding his hair during 3-4 months. In addition, his hair is very fine and brown, hence can't really see his hair.

Saw your girl's photo again. Still think she's very pretty.

Hi Augustmum,

oh u took a yr's leave, so good! How i wish to do that too, but no chance, as i'm staying with in-laws, they sure say me crazy!

Ur boy looks like his hair has been shaved b4
wink.gif
Well, better lah, can save $$$ from haircut!

Hi Irenevinc,

was so tiring, my pumping-cum-shopping hols!
uhoh.gif
But happy after the retail therapy
lol.gif

Brought my boy for a haircut at Fantastic Sams. Shaved him botak
lol.gif
Now he doesnt sweat as much liao
happy.gif
But now worried...what if his hair doesnt grow how ah???....

Didnt bring him for any bb contest. Dont know of any either. Well, yesterday he practised his new-devised scream, n he screamed at the stylist when haircut took abit long! Me so embarrassed, n worst, he kept screaming on-off for the rest of the time out shopping!
angry.gif

Hi Leibit,

Yalor...save $$ on haircut. My boi is also mastering his art of screaming. Happy, scream; angry, also scream.

No worry, the hair will grow back.

One year leave...now think about it, also feel a bit crazy and overly courageous...realli a bit too long a break. Thank God, still got end year bonus and connect plan
happy.gif
to last the no pay leave. However, it is realli a joy to take care of the baby yourself. Very tiring but you realli watch him grow.

Hey Leibit,

Just wondering...how's life as a teacher and a mother? Will definitely go back to work and hence preparing myself mentally

Hi irenevinc,
It's really tough having to pump and work at the same time...me beginning to drop one session in the AM, cos cant wake up in time to pump and bring bb to nanny
sad.gif

Have to make up for it before i go to bed at night loh..

My boy was 7kg at 4mths plus...

Hi leibit,
Ya loh, nowadays bb very smart liao...to think he'll gaze at your bed...must miss you alot!
happy.gif

Good that you have so much stock...keep some so that you can use it 'for a rainy day'
happy.gif

ok will perservere on still...hope to at least feed till 6months, then maybe reduce to feed at night only
happy.gif

Hi augustmum,
that means you havent start pumping to store milk yet? Then have you went out without bb?? Real envy you leh...can be a SAHM
happy.gif

Din shave bb's hair initially too..then the other day was thinking his hair dropped so much, and he keeps pulling his hair, so bring him to shave till left short short. Cos alot of mums were saying shave already their hair growth will be thicker, so nicer for boys. Gals can leave it to grow, cos want thin fine hair mah
happy.gif

But can tell he dun like it without hair...was quite grouchy that weekend we cut his hair botak! ;p

PS: Anyone started their bb on semi-solids like cereal? Me actually bought a pack of those rice cereal by dumex for bb, but the nanny say dun start so early for fear of indigestion?
But the other time when we saw a GP for nappy rash he recommend us to start introducing things like apple....any advise?

Christmas Eve today...
WISH ALL MUMS AND BB MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Me have to start work soon... ARGH it's one more week before school reopens!! Dreading it. Augustmum, I envy you! Can stay home! I can only get my Connect Plan $$$ next Dec. I think after collecting that money and next year's bonus, I'll quit.

I just discovered this week that my baby girl doesn't like frozen EBM. She was whining throughout when she was bottle fed the warmed up milk. Does frozen EBM taste different from those that are just refrigerated? Does it smell funny? My EBM only less than one month old wat... can't be spoilt.

Oh well, at least I can save myself the trouble of pumping milk. It's quite gross to do it in the staff toilet anyway. I can now without any guilt, stop breastfeeding her once I start work. Will try out whether I can still continue to produce milk in the morning and nite so that i can conveniently feed her with direct latch on, esp in the middle of the nite. I so hate washing and sterilising bottles. So "ma fan"...

My girl was 6.3 kg at 4 months. She already looks chubby to me. Can't imagine all your babies who are 7kg at 4 months!

Leibit, I donno whether to cut my girl's hair or not. She was born with a thick mop of hair... now long already, she sweat sooo much! Smelly smelly. But cut hair already sure makes her look even more boyboy. With her long hair, wear dress or pink clothes, I still have pple asking me whether she's a boy or girl... Aiyoh!

Hi cookiedough,
Not sure why your gal doesnt like ebm. Sometimes the smell does differ a little after freeze & thaw. i think they can taste slightly different too...cant remember what's the factor causing the change though. can anyone help?

Well, if your staff toilet is clean enough why not? when i go out shopping i always try to look for nursing room or if not a cleaner exec toilet to use for pumping..if not bo bian leh.

Hopefully i can also only feed at night when i return from work and other times let him drink formula when he turns 6 months...dunno possible or not leh. Me getting tired of those nursing clothes...so ugly and they're really beginning to make me look ah soh!
sad.gif

Hm...depends on the length then can tell whether chubby or not
happy.gif

Got pics to show us?

Sigh, you got thick hair also problem..and we mums are wondering if our ah boy's hair will grow back!
happy.gif

Hi aimee,
I've already achieved my personal target of BFing my girl for 4 months (okay, I supplemented after 2 months). Quite glad lor. Actually it became so much easier after the 2nd month. Don't wanna totally wean yet though cos nite feeds are so good with BF.. she usually konks off right after the middle-of-nite BF.
But anyway, I won't bother to pump in the staff toilet. You see already you'll know why.

I got myself 4 nursing tops from Moms in Mind... after a while i just stopped wearing them. I don't even wear nursing bras cos I can't fill them up! All come in B cups. Siao lor, I only A cup, always got the crumpled look. Also pai seh, can see outline of nipple. So now I wear back all my old clothes and bras, when I need to nurse, just unhook at the back and lift up my blouse. I even did that in the nursing corner in my church. Don't wear the nursing clothes if u can manage with normal clothes. Get a shawl or something to hide your exposure if u want. Even more stylo.

My girl's length... when newborn, she was like slightly more than half of her cot's breadth. Now she's like almost the full breadth of the cot.
happy.gif
Don't know her exact length now.

She still can't flip over. She looks kinda anxious when we place her belly down too... cos she hardly is placed in that position. Help her to flip over and after a while she starts licking the bedsheet and then starts panicking... cos her tongue can't help her to push her face away from the bed! ;P

hi..i'm sorry i have to do this here again..cos last time was too busy to really list down..ok..i need some babies for a upcoming issue of a motherhood magazine..please PM me and attach a copy of your baby pictures..as well as particular.(age & sex)..oh and hopefully..pictures of mother as well.

thanks!

Hi all mummies here ,

Seems that some mummies have been back to sb forum again.
Do you all wanna to continue this thread or shall we start a new thread to talk about our baby ??

Back