(2004/08) Anyone due in August 2004?

hi all ,

I am back ! Now confinement , so sian !
I gave birth on 06 Aug 2004 !
I admitted at 8.50 am .
Wait at labour ward and check for contraction !
Got slight contraction! Doctor came at 10+am and start to induce . put medicine in and wait for 1hr .
Had my lunch at 11+am then they put the medicine to clear your bowel ! doctor came to break the water bag and check the dilation 2cm only .
So at 12:30 labour pain starts ...1:30 (5cm dilation) go into birth room ! At 2:20 pm baby out liao !!
Guess what's my baby weight.. 4.1 kg !!

Hi Leibit,
All the best for yr upcomg deliv...hope yr bb'll pop naturally w/o any need for inductn...Take care

Wow irenevinc,
Congrats!!! Gosh, yr bb's so big....did u hv diff deliv? Hey yr labour's rather short too....so lucky! Do take care of yrself durg confinement period n share yr bb's photos whenever it's ready ya?

Hi Irenevinc,

Wow, you sounded very relax. Your baby's very big.You are very fortunate. My SIL's baby was 4kg at birth and she had to do C-section.

Congrats!

Hmm, so far this is the updated list for Aug babies. So exciting, everyone's poppg one by one. All the best to all MTBs!

Amie............30-Jul
Valencia........End July - Early Aug MAH Boy
Irenevinc.......03-Aug TMC Gal (Deliv 6 Aug)
Joey Low........03-Aug SGH Boy
Sue.............05-Aug MAH Gal (Deliv 27 Jul)
Huaywen.........07-Aug KKH Boy
Augustmum.......10-Aug TMC Boy (Deliv 22 Jul)
Scoobydoo.......12-Aug NUH Boy
Leibit..........15-Aug MAH Boy
Cookiedough.....15-Aug Gal
Aimee...........18-Aug MAH Boy
Punggolite......13-Aug ESH Gal
Beanie..........Mid-Aug TMC Gal (Deliv 21 Jul)
Andriany........25-Aug ESH Gal

Hi Scoobydoo,
oso hope that u'll have natural birth within these few days without need for induction. Our edd is very near oreadi, hopefully bb will cooperate with us, and come out naturally! :>

Congrats Irenevinc!
wow, really ur gal's big, but then maybe this is due to genes right? Thank God u've such a smooth labour! This is good news :>

Yeah, we can look forward to more popping soon! :D

Hi Little Prince,
Thanks for the tips! I've cut down on the amount of Kodomo detergent for the machine wash and I think it's just right.
happy.gif

Guess wat everyone? Doctor says me amniotic fluid on the borderline low side.... might have to go for induction if necessary. She left it to my choice, either induce or go every few days for monitoring of baby's heartbeat to check that baby's still okay. I chose the latter. Am praying for normal delivery...

Everytime I watch the TV ads for the Olympics which shows the countdown to its start on Aug 14, it's just a BIG reminder to the no. of days to my EDD (Aug 15). I donno if Leibit feels the same way too... hehehee..

Morning ladies!
Another day closer to our edd
happy.gif

Hi Andriany,
Me din stock up on pampers...contemplating whether to buy or not...But me bought quite a few packs of S Drypers from cold storage though
happy.gif

Any reason why you chose to stock up bb dry? Read from other forums that most mums prefer premium than bb dry leh...

Good for you...now is the weekly wait for symptons of popping
happy.gif

Hi scoobydoo,
Thanks for the advise. Not thinking of epidural is partly becos of the 'needle' part i have to convince myself. Anyway, since you are already dilated 3cm, should not have a problem having natural delivery right? All the best, and pray hard!
happy.gif

Hi leibit,
Will discuss with my gynae abt pain relief...like i said, dun really wish to have too much needles on me too.

Hi Sue,
Havent given birth yet, but so far in our conversation with her, she's not supportive in issues like bf, getting a nanny after my confinement, blah blah.
So during antenatal class, was telling my husband she'll definitely make those comments (though unintentional) esp when she's not educated on these things. Moreover everyday hear her telling me how cute other bb (esp gals) are i start to wonder if that's also an expectation from her to have a bb gal rather than boy
sad.gif

BTW, realised you are the only one who's given birth at MAH. Care to share your bill size with me? Want to be prepared for the bill at end of day leh..

Hi augustmum,
bb is so cute!! Like wat sue says, all bb really look cute and similar
happy.gif

Hi irenevinc,
Congrats! Seems like going through your second labour is not a problem for you hoh
happy.gif

You really sound so relaxed and prepared. So you had a confinement lady to help you?

Hi cookiedough,
My gynae keeps encouraging me to drink alot alot of water...prob you should also try...at the same time while waiting for delivery
happy.gif

Hi cookiedough,
Thought tt gynae can actually inject saline to supplement yr amnio fluid if it falls on the low side? Then no need to induce.

Hi aimee,
Pampers prem is def better....but v ex la. I'm not using cloth diapers coz my mum's lookg after 2 bb thus hv to make do w BB Dry. Read some stuff abt other brands of diapers in the other thread tt made me not wanna risk tryg the rest.

Scoobydoo, all the best for yr deliv. You're being admitted today right, according to yr prev postg. Take care n do come back to share yr birth story....

Hi Aimee,

I also opt for pampers premium. Baby got rashes when we switched to drypers. Really heart pain. Don't stock up so many. You will receive samples from hospital. Take time to find out what your baby wants first. Otherwise, very wasteful.

Hi all,

My baby has heat rash on his face. Any idea how to deal with the rashes?

Hi gals,

I just got 'show' this morning but no major contractions yet. Is this normal? I thought that all 'show' means it usually comes with contractions? Can anyone advise me cos i am not too sure whether to admit myself into the hospital or not....*tap fingers*

Hi Irenevinc, congrats on the arrival of your big bb.

Hi Cookiedough, yup. If gynae can monitor the bb's heartbeat, then better let him do that & have a normal delivery.

Hi Aimee, be more optimistic. Afterall, it's her grandchild so I guess she won't be able to criticise much when she sees how cute the bb is. Don't put extra stress to yourself. My bill is consider quite low. I paid $450 upon admission. When discharged, paid another $448.90, total cash payment is $898.90. The rest thru medisave.

Total Hospital Charges - $1377.92
Doctor's charges - $1000
PD charges - $160
Total - $2537.92

Hi PUnggolite, my friend had 'show' previously & she called the hotline, she was told to admit & her gynae broke the waterbag for her. Another friend waited & her water bag burst the next day after 'show'. Why not you call the hotline or your gynae to check.

Hi Punggolite,

if i'm not wrong, i remember the gynae's assistant saying that the show must be accompanied with contractions. But then, i think it's better for u to call ur gynae. Anyway, u r paying ur gynae rite, so they must answer the queries :>

Hi leibit, I stay for 2 days, 2-bedded. In fact, I delivered on Tues early morning, 2+am & I was discharged on Wed. Very short stay.

Hi Cookiedough,

haha, i find the days getting draggy as they passed. Kept coaxing bb to come out b4 this Thur, else will be induced. But seems that bb prefers his gym inside my womb. Sigh, waiting for show, waiting for water bag bursting, waiting for more contractions....waiting like mad now :p

Hi Aimee,

now u've reminded me abt the scene of needles poking, yee...dunno will it be painful?? U have any idea if on epi, do we lay sideways or on our back?

Ya Helpful Punggolite,
Thk you better call n check with gynae....to be on the safe side. In case you've gotta be admitted, like to say all the best for yr deliv!

Thx Sue!

Now i can gather that it's approx $1000+ per day to be in hospi.(b4 medisave) At least wont have a heart attack when bill comes, haha!

Hi leibit and sue,

I am not too sure if it's contractions (it's not painful or anything) so am just leaving it as it is. called my gynae and was informed that if it's show plus regular 20 mins apart contractions then need to admit to hospital. Meanwhile, am using my baby's movement as a guide for me...

Hi Punggolite,
wow, so you'll be the next among us to pop
happy.gif

Dun worry too much, just monitor the contractions interval and call up gynae if you are unsure. My gynae told me that if by changing your posture or moving abt relieves the pain, then prob you are not having contractions, but Braxton Hicks contractions. So continue life as per normal till symptons show
happy.gif

Will be praying for your smooth delivery!

Hi Sue,
Sigh, when i think of mil, always keep praying for a cute and normal bb...if not really dunno how to face her 'wei shen mo'!
Wah, your bill size is really small. BTW, how come your admission pay only $450? Thought it's supposed to be $1k?

Hi leibit,
Not that i want to scare you, but i've somehow grown to be scared of needles as age increases
sad.gif

Thoughout this pregnancy have been telling hubby that i've been 'poked' so many times liao - injections, blood tests, and now drip!
Anyway, got to be on your side if you are administering epidural...at least this is what i know from the antenatal class...

Hi aimee,

hee, i think i've forgotten what i learnt in antenatal class oreadi :p Btw, has ur bb engaged yet? I was thinking hee if u happen to deliver early hor, we may even meet in the hospi leh!
happy.gif

Hi Leibit,

For administering of epi, you got to lie on your side with your knees curl towards your body and remember not to move your body after you got the correct posture for the administering of the epi. The nurse and the doctor will guide you, so not to worry too much. After the administering of the epi, you will be able to lie back on your back. So, you have decided to opt for epi?

Augustmum,

Does your boy drink enuf water? I think is very important cause my girl had very hard stools last Saturday. She even bleed a little and every time she pass motion, she cried. So remember to give him sufficient water so that he will not have to go thru what my girl went thru. Now that I force her to drink water and started bf again, she is much better. BTW, I was down with stomach flu last week, on medication and therefore stop bf.

Hi Punggolite,

So you must be waiting anxiously. Monitor if there is any water leakage. Like for my case, contraction starts at about 4.30pm (I was admitted due to water bag leakage and put on the contraction detecting device and told by the nurse that there is very mild contraction) and is so mild that I cannot feel anything. I only starts to feel the contraction at about 10.30pm. All the best for your delivery and waiting to hear your delivery.

Hi Beanie,

oh great, that means i can still lay down as usual :> I tot that after epi, must keep laying on sideways, n i so afraid that in the end i gena numb all over, coz thats wat happened to me each night when i sleep on my side! I've decided to opt for epi, only thing is that now, there's still no signs of labour *sigh*

U mentioned abt ur gal having hard stools. So did u give her water and yet also bf at the same time? Coz the lactation nurses kept saying that we dun need to give bb drink water when we r bf. So i'm confused now, as i tot water is very impt.

Hi all,
Had show this morning too...think having mild and irregular contractions. Gynae says wait at home until the contractions come regular. Been having leaks and dunno if it's water bag leakage leh...
any advice?

Hi Leibit,
Dun think will meet you unless you giving birth these 2 days?
happy.gif

Hi Aimee,

maybe leh! If i dun give birth by today, gynae wanna me induced i think tomorrow. He told me that last week. So r u very excited now? Ur bb's coming out soon!!! So nice, ur bb's so cooperative! Mine huh, noti bb! While u'r having leaks, is it those type of uncontrollable type? Colourless rite?

Hi Beanie,

My baby is fine in the area of passing motion. However, he's quite colicky at nite. Make both parents very fustrated. Tried every method to calm him down. Today, pd gave us 'wind drop' to get rid of the gas in his stomach. Hopefully, he will be better tonite.

His face is covered with rashes now. Pd said is common in most babies but very ugly lah. Will go off by itself actually but was given a cream to aid recovery faster.

Do take care of yourself so that you can recover faster. Remember to pump your milk to ensure supply.

hi hi ladies...

I am due on september....just wan to check some of the ladies who has just given birth on some things...

1. Will you feel the pain when ur gynae cut you open during ur contractions ?

2. After you discharge, is that the sitches will cause sore that you cant sit properly ? (that wat my friend told me )

Please advise thanks

Hi gals,

I am still here - still having show and contractions half hr apart middle of nite. But this morning back to normal (without the contractions) again but with the show still though. My gynae said look out for waterbag burst or regular contractions 5-10 mins apart and make sure baby is still moving inside...once that happens, can admit myself to hospital. *Tap fingers and toes impatiently*

Hi Leibit,

Dun worry, your turn will come very soon. Enjoy the whole process of delivery.

However, a point to note is that with epi, you will not feel the contraction at all and therefore, you may not have the urge to push. Even my gynae lessen the dosage, I still cant feel the contraction and I pushed headlessly. In the end, my gynae got to assist me and vacuum my gal out. So do take note of this point. If your pain threshold is low, epi is a good option. No pain at all. All the best to you.

I also feel that water is very important. I give water to her before every feed ever since she had hard stools. My heart so pain when I saw how hard she tried to push out her stools and she even bleed a little. With the water, her stools are softer now. So I will continue to give her water.

Hi aimee,

If the water is leaking uncontrollably, most likely is water bag leakage. Like for my case, when I told my gynae, he asked me to go and see him immediately for him to assess my situation and I was admitted and gave birth the next day. I guess you better call your gynae up and check. All the best to you.

Hi augustmum,

I am sure the wind drop will be effective.

I am better now and back to bf. Thanks and you take care too.

When is your boy due for his second Hep B injection? I may bring her to polyclinic. Not decided yet. How about you?

Hi Adeline,

As I was on epi, I do not feel anything when my gynae cut the opening. According to my hubby, it was quite a long cut and a lot of bleeding. But I feel nothing.

When the effect of epi went off, I do feel a bit uncomfortable but I can sit and there is no sore at all. I do not know about others, but thats my experience. I have been sitting from day 1 and I am ok. Hope I manage to help answer your query.

Hi Adeline,

It's rather painful to sit down on the first day. My gynae recommended a to sit on a swimming float. It worked for me. However, on day two, I'm accustomed to the pain and could sit normally.

Beanie,

My son is due for the injection on 28th August. Will go polyclinic too cos' I'm a civil servant and my son has a civil service card which entitles him some waives.

Hey, how's your planning for first month. Will be having two sessions on one day.Which caterer are you using?

Aimee,

Me too thought that one must go hospital immediately when water bag burst. Better check with your gynae. Don't be shy.

Hi gals!

Something to update u: Yesterday i went for gynae's checkup. Checked my cervix n in the end was told my cervix not ripe enuff for induction. So gynae gave me 2 choices, either i insist on going ahead with induction by all means, or i can wait till my edd(15Aug), after which if i still not delivered yet, will be admitted on Mon for induction.
Of coz i choose to wait lor, coz i really really hope for natural labour. So i need to endure my bb's weight for these final 4 days :p

Hi Augustmum,

u mean our bb also entitled to some benefits since we're civil servants? I always tot it only applies if our male spouse is from civil svc, then will be extended to immediate family, whereas for females, it's different case.

Hi Beanie,

thx for the advice. I've been wondering how to push when we wont feel anything after epi. Seems weird rite to push headlessly? I still dunno what's my threshold like....but i guess unless i dun even feel the normal contractions, then i wont opt for epi, but if i cant even stand the normal contractions, hmmmm...think epi will still have to come in then :p

Better to combine both bf and water then, since ur gal's having difficulty. Many times i think though the lactation nurse means well, in reality there are still many other points to consider. Who will wanna see their own bb suffering rite? Anyway water is good, so continue with that :>

Hi Leibit,

Hee...my husband is also a civil servant... his company has issued my boy the civil service card... sorry for misleding you

Hi Augustmum,

I wonder for Hep B injection, do we need to make appointment with the polyclinic or can we just walk in on the day itself? Which polyclinic will you b going?

I have informed most of my guests le. Me also having two sessions on the day. The earlier one for our friends and the later one for our relatives. Are you doing the same too? Hows your preparation? Are you celebrating on 21st or 22nd? Me on 21st, the actual day.

My caterer is Jiale. How about you?

Hi Leibit,

Yes, water definitely helps my gal. This morning, her stools were soft and she no longer cry when she pass motion. I am so glad.

All the best to your delivery and keep us updated :>

Hi Beanie,

I think I will just walk in. I'm going to Yishun Polyclinic.

Hey, we are celebrating on the same day! I'm thinking of continental delights in the day for friends and elsie kitchen in the evening for relatives.

So you will be using the same caterer for the same day. Are you going to ask them to top up the food for the evening session? Wonder if it will be more cost saving if I use the same caterer too for both sessions and just ask them to come and top up for the second session? Btw, did your frens rsvp? For how many pple are you ordering for each session?

Are you going to make your own red eggs? MIL said must have. Thinking of asking confinement lady to do it for me.

For my case, must also order ang ku kueh. Do you know where to order?

Aiyah...like alot of things to see to...

hi everyone.. i gave birth on the 28th july. went for my normal gynae checkup on the 27th july and my doc says i m 2-3cm dilated. so she advised me to admit on the spot.. i was shocked thinking it was another normal checkup only. however i told her i needed some time to pack my things so i chose to admit myself on the 28th at 11am..

baby javier is 3.12kg and very cute.. had uploaded a pic for u all to see
happy.gif

sigh.. confinement is terrible.... hope time passses reali quick..

take care all..
139488.jpg

Hi Augustmum,

Yes, I am using the same caterer, but actually mine is 5-7pm for our friends and 7-9pm for our relatives. So I do not need to ask them to top up.

My friends never rsvp. My caterer told me they will provide 5% buffer, so I ordererd 70 pax (for 80 guests). My caterer also told me 2 child = 1 adult. How about yours?

Yah, we will be doing our own red eggs. My mil says she will do it for us. We are also going to order for cakes for those who are unable to turn up for our celebration. I will send to them. As for Ang Ku Kueh, my mother will be ordering from the market near her work place.

We are also doing our own glutinous rice. My aunty volunteered to do it for us. How about you?

Yes, I agree a lot of things to do. Luckily I got a lot of helpers who are helping me.

Are you going to shave your boy's head or just do some cutting? I am doing some cutting only for my girl.

Hi Joey,

Congrats for your baby. Your baby is so cute.

You take care too.

Congrats Joey,
Yr bb's so adorable!!!

Beanie and augustmum,
All the best for yr bb's 1st mth celeb.....you must be 2 v proud mummies!

Btw wanna ask all mummies who hv given birth, did u opt for single rms? I opted for a double rm but then nw realised tt hubby can't bunk in w me. Those who opted for non-single rms, can u share yr exp? Thanks!

Hi Andrainy,

I stayed in a double room. It's okay that my hubby cannot stay overnight, which is a good thing as he can rest at home and get the baby stuff ready at home.

Anyway, he can't help much at night. It's not an inconvenience to me as I can always call the nurse when I need help.

On the first night, I actually had the whole room to myself cos' the other bed was not taken up. Nothing to be afraid of too, as the nurses will come and check on you at regular interval.

On the second night, I had a roommate whom we chit-chatted through the night.

The best thing about double-bedded is the lower cost. Pls bear in mind, if you opt for A-class, your baby's bill will also be classified under A-class. As for me, the deal is even better as the package with my gynae allows me to auto upgrade to 2-bedded when I opt for 4-bedded.

Hi Beanie,

M timing is actually 11am to 3pm and 4pm to 8pm. We opted for two different caterers. I will not have glutinous rice for the early session. As for the second session, glutinuous rice is actually an item in the menu.

I don't want to shave my boy's head. Think will just cut a few strands.

Hey, will like to know how your baby looks like. Post her photo leh
happy.gif

Hi Adrainy,

I agree with augustmum totally. Anyway, if you are staying at TMC, you can always request for a single room when you are admitted. This is what I understand from the staff. But anyway since is only a two night stay, I guess it does not matter much. Like for my case, my hubby left only after I sleep on the first night and came very early the next day morning. As for my second night, I have a companion in my ward and ask hubby to go back early. Same thing, we chit chatted until we were both sleepy and the next morning, my hubby arrived before I woke up.

Hi augustmum,

139865.jpg

The photo was taken last week by her daddy. Cheers

Hi all, I'm BACK!
happy.gif

Finally i've given birth on last Fri 13/8. It started with me having some bloody 'show' on that early morn, so i called up gynae and was told to go to hospi. Reached MAH at 9.45pm and stayed in delivery suite till 2.20pm when gynae came. Checked my dilation and decided to break my water bag. Ok, coz i can hardly wait for labour to be over and done with! Contractions came, every minute or 2 apart...very painful, tried gas mask, alas, didnt work for me, became nauseous in the end! Felt so sick in the end.
sad.gif
So had epidural of which a Causasian nurse termed it as "Happy-dural" How true it was, coz didnt feel the pain anymore yeah! Then came the gynae again at 8pm. Was told that i was fully dilated, started the delivery at 8.30pm. Was told to push, but then how? when i couldnt even feel my legs! No sensation at all. So exhausted, and was actually relieved when my gynae told me that he would use the vacummn. I must admit that i really cant rely on my strength anymore, and i surely didnt want my bb to be distressed. So my bb is finally borned at close to 9pm. What a relief to know that he's out safely and see that he's curiously looking at the world around him!!!! Coz of his size(3.82kg), mummy actually suffered very bad tear. Almost fainted when i heard my gynae telling me that! Now i still have to walk around slowly....sigh. But never mind, praying that God would heal my wound over time!

Currently trying my best to cope with motherhood, as my bb is a very fussy bb. He loves people to carry him till he sleeps and wakes up upon being put down. N whenever i carry him, he will want to nurse. Makes me wonder whether have i been producing enuff for him. Bf takes a lot of patience and determination. I'm trying my best now. So exhausted, been having sleepless night yesterday, hopefully bb will settle into a routine soon!

Here r my bb's pics. His name is Ethan.
happy.gif

140699.jpg
140700.jpg
140701.jpg

Hi Leibit,
Thanks for sharing yr birth story...yr bundle of joy, Ethan, is so cute and chubby! Seems like he's waving to us in the last pic. =P Do hang in there...most ppl say bb will settle into a routine soon.

Hi Joey and beanie,
Just seeing yr cute bb's pics make me so excited to see my lil princess! Nw in 39th wk...n countg down. Hopefully I don't become a Sept mummy....tt'll be too long a wait.

Hi All,
Finally had the time to log on!
happy.gif

Gave birth at MAH last thurs....here's my birth story...
Like i mentioned in my previous post, had show on wed, and contractions came in on Thurs 2+am (after watching SG Idol! ). Was admitted at 3am, and endured the pain with gas till abt 8.30am when doc came in and said i'd better go for epidural cos labour may be long. Had epidural at 9pm and nurse told me was already 5cm dilated!
Actually was able to push at around 11+, but doc only came at 12.30 and started the pushing...Ds was born at 1.05pm finally!
Also became a victim of episiotomy, thankfully stitches are recovering well now...

Just to check, do you mums have the problem that bb falls asleep after 10-15min of bf at night?
Mine does...any advise???

Hi aimee,
Congrats on the birth of yr son and thanks for sharg yr birth story. Glad to hear yr stitches r healg well. Any bb pics to share?

Hi ladies,
I'm still here, waitg for my turn to pop. So far here's the update...

Amie............30-Jul
Valencia........End July - Early Aug MAH Boy
Irenevinc.......03-Aug TMC Gal (Deliv 6 Aug)
Joey Low........03-Aug SGH Boy (Deliv 28 Jul)
Sue.............05-Aug MAH Gal (Deliv 27 Jul)
Huaywen.........07-Aug KKH Boy
Augustmum.......10-Aug TMC Boy (Deliv 22 Jul)
Scoobydoo.......12-Aug NUH Boy
Leibit..........15-Aug MAH Boy (Deliv 13 Aug)
Cookiedough.....15-Aug Gal
Aimee...........18-Aug MAH Boy (Deliv 12 Aug)
Punggolite......13-Aug ESH Gal
Beanie..........Mid-Aug TMC Gal (Deliv 21 Jul)
Andriany........25-Aug ESH Gal

Hi Leibit,

Ethan is so adorable. Wow...he already smiles when he is only one week plus. My baby seldom smile. He always looks so serious.

Hi Aimee,

Congrats. My baby also dozes off after feed. Don't worry too much cos' baby really knows when they are hungry or full. My baby will not suck at all if he is still full. When he's hungry, he cannot even wait a single second for me to be ready. As long as your baby puts on weight, you are doing fine with breastfeeding.

Hi all,

Glad so many of you are coming back. The thread has been rather quiet last week. My confinement ends next Monday. Gonna be on my own soon. A bit scare. Must start learning to bathe the baby myself tomorrow, when CL is still around.

Hi Hi..yes yes..i've given birth on 11aug 4.04am.
I was admitted at 8.30am on 10aug.given medication to open up my cervix..it was progressing well..doc came to check me and broken my water bag at around 4.30pm..and contraction pain start coming, already inform nurse that i'll be taking epidural..so didn't need to endure the pain for long. But i must say the epidural was quite painful..but i was smiling all the way after that! (haha)..so after that was waiting and waiting, i was progressing ok but contraction kind of slow down, doc came to check me and decided to cut me open. I was wide awake during the whole operation..(using the epidural).no pain at all just some pushing and pulling of my tummy and baby's out within 15mins. I recovered just 2 stay in hospital.
I think even though i didn't go through natural labour..but i'm glad that the c-section part was quite ok for me.cos i can start walking normally after 2 stay in the hospital..my friend who had natural birth told me that she can only walk normally after 1week. So those who's going for c-section or even induce birth..don't worry.
I've posted some pix of my baby Joshua..same as augustmum..the baby look exactly like father..(sob! sob!)..(i thought son will look like mother!!!).anyway..he's healthy but having jaundice problem lor..pray that he'll get well soon!

Take CAre!
141774.jpg

Hi Augustmum,

i also wonder why my bb can smile so early. Perhaps he has dimples on his face, so it seems even more obvious? Anyway, lots of my people who saw Ethan actually commented that he doesnt look like a nb. And u know what, when he was just out of my womb n laying in the delivery room, he didnt cry much and was curiously staring at his environment! I was so exhausted then, and all i could do was to wonder what a bb i have! Coz i tot most nbs shld cry n cry at birth right?

Hi Aimee,
good that u r recovering from ur stitches. As for me, coz of my bad tear, i still feel the pain...:< I felt so much like an invalid. Need to bear with the pain coz i m allergic to painkillers, and yet i still need to bring bb to see pd. Looking like a duck crossing the road now, haha!

Hi Scoobydoo,
wow, u r fantastic! U can actually recover so fast from c-section! My fren took 1 mth to recover. I guess u must be very super strong n healthy! R u bf at the moment? Coz the jaundice might be due to bf. Try to sun bb from 8-9am. That's when the sunlight is better. I did the same for my boy, n pd said jaundice is so far well-controlled.

Would like to find out from all bf mums,
my bb has been losing weight since birth of 5days. Does this happen to ur bb too? If yes, when does urs regain the weight? If no, did u supplement with formula? My pd wanted me to supplement with formula, but i refused. Coz my bb has been sucking, and he wld stop when he has emptied my breast, then i wld give him my second breast to continue feeding. Is it what u all have encountered? As for Aimee's prob abt bb feeding for 10-15 mins then sleep, mine was more of bb emptied out one of my breast at that time. Really need ur precious advice! Thanks!

Back