(2004/08) Anyone due in August 2004?

coldplay

Hi! I am due in late August and have always been very energetic, capable of shopping and going about my business as usual. However, this week have been feeling more tired than usual and have difficulty having a good night's sleep. Anyone else in same boat?

Hi Andriany,

I'm due in August- EDD 10th August. Praying hard that my boy will arrive on National Day though.Yeap, I have difficulty sleeping at night too. Have to go to the washroom very frequently and is perspiring very badly at night though two fans are switched on. Am quite anxious at the moment- not sure if I have got all the baby stuff ready. Spent today washing the baby clothes. Shall keep them in zip-lock bags after drying. Think my nesting instinct has sunk in too. Kept wanting the house to be neater and cleaner. Having mood swing too. Happy, down and nervous.

So, where are you delivering?

Hi, I'm due 5 Aug. This morning, I woke up at 5.30am and can't get to sleep anymore because baby was moving and experienced some Braxton HIcks contractions. There's a possibility that my bb will be due in end July.

Hi augustmum,
Ya, I truly can identify w the nesting instinct...mine came in late may and I ended up getting the baby room ready and after that even reorganised my bedroom cupboards and the kitchen cabinets. =P

My EDD is Aug 25 and I'll be delivering at Eastshore since it's ten mins from my pl. What about you? Getting worried yet excited about impending delivery altho it's still two months away.

Hi Sue,
Is yours yr first baby? Ya, I'm also having Braxton Hick's contractions and my baby keeps moving whenever I am resting. Maybe she gets lulled by my movements when I'm active or maybe I'm too busy to notice?

Hi ladies,

I am also due prob mid August. Still feeling quite energetic except that I feel the need to pee all the time even though there's not much pee at times!! Haven't really packed my baby stuff cos been really busy at work! Only left the washing of baby clothes / diapers and packing up the room before my baby arrives. Last Fri, think i felt Braxton Hick (BH)'s contraction...btw, does BH feel like irregular cramps ard tummy area?

Hi Andriany,

I am delivering at Thomson. Felt a great sense of accomplishment after washing the baby clothes. The smell of the baby detergent is really great.

Sue,

I'm also worried that I will deliver early. Two of my colleagues delivered three weeks before EDD. However, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for National Day.

Hey all,

Did you buy a changing table/ dresser? Bought one that comes with a bath tub from Mothercare. Not sure if it is good cos it means that I will have to bathe baby at my waist height.

Btw, was trying to pack my barang barang for the hospital stay. Just wondering how many pads I should bring. How many days will the bleeding last? What other things must I bring?

Really glad to know other August mothers. Before this, only see posting for June-July and September-December.

Hey all,
Heard from my sis that most hospitals provide loop maternity pads which the nurses will help you use immed after delivery since you'll be bleeding and won't be wearing undies. Anyway, I've bought the Whisper ultra stick-on pads to use (the ones with wings) cause I'm afraid of using those w/o wings in case of side leakage. Usually we stay for 2-3 days but I'm bringing an entire pack just in case. Kiasu la. Heh.

Anyway, have all of you bought a cot and/or playpen for yr baby? I'm still at a loss as to which ones to buy. Thing is got many vouchers - $200 Tangs,$160 Taka,$100 Isetan and saw this Infantino cot but only comes in white in Taka...and I'm afraid it'll turn yellow w/ time. May buy playpen at Tangs, only $99. Btw, which cots/playpens did you ladies buy?

Augustmum,
Which baby detergent did you use? Anyway think it's gd that you bought a changing table cause better for us not to bend when changing diapers. I haven't bought yet cause my hubby still thinks it's not nec since I'll be spending 2 mths at my mum's pl in Punggol after I deliver. First baby so figured I needed all the help I can get since my MIL can't guarantee full-time help.

Hi Helpful Ponggolite,
I also haven't washed my baby clothes. Sorted out all the baby stuff already but still need to decide on which cot to buy and whether to get a playpen. These are the only 2 items that are outstanding.

Hi,
Me also an Aug mum - EDD is 18 Aug.
Baby's room is still in a mess, guess will spend some time this month to clear up and setup the things...

Are most of you expecting boy/girl?? i'm going to have a baby boy
happy.gif

Hi Andriany,

I'm using Komodo. Smell real good. Personally, I prefer a baby cot cos more sturdy and much higher.Won't be buying though as my SIL is giving hers to me.

Talking about maternity pads, think I will bring the whole pack too (10 pads). Anyway, not very heavy. Just remember, haven't buy disposable undies yet.

Aimee,
I'm expecting a boy. Have time to clear the baby stuff now cos on holiday this month.

Wow, we will pop one after another...

Hi all ,
My EDD is 03 Aug .
During day time , I am still ok and able to walk.
But at night ....backache and cant turn around in bed so easily !! Me also getting very Warm/hot !
Even with Aircon I still perspire !
Hi Andriany , I have a infantino white baby cot which I bought it two years ago. It has not turn yellowish yet !Dono when will turn yellow !!
One thing about cot is that you will afriad that baby/infant will knock on the side . Think its quite painfull even with the side bumper. But the mattress will be better than playpen .

Hi gals,

aimee - I'm expecting a princess! So happy cos I love my nieces a lot and will always buy pretty pretty things for them, now that I hv one of my own, I am pretty excited abt it!

Andriany - that's consoling to hear....my mil also reminded me to wash earlier cos she's worried that i'll be tired out during my last month. so think i will wash next month. you hv so many vouchers, why don't you use them to buy the heavy-ticket items like playpen or cot? I have a lot of hand-me downs,incl. 2 cots (1 to put at my mil's place, 1 to put at my place) so if baby outgrows it, i'll get mattress for her. They say mattress is actually safer for baby.

irenevinc - don't worry, you are not the only one, I also perspire even with aircon on and my poor hubby sometimes shiver when we sleep but too bad...he's the one who got me pregnant so he got to `suffer' with me!! haha.

Hi gals,

Though I'm not a August-mum-to-be, thot I'll ask all of u since u're on the topic of washing bb's clothes. I've bought Pigeon detergent. But do we need to put softener to make the clothes softer? And r u handwashing or using the washing machine? Wah, ig handwash, then gonna be very tiring. Many told me it's okie to put bb's clothes into washing machine as long as dun mix with our own clothes. BTW, most of my bb's clothes r hand me downs.

Hi irenevinc,
Wow, it's gd to hear tt yr Infantino cot hasn't turned yellow even after 2 yrs! Do you actually clean it regularly? My hubby prefers a white cot but I'm worried that it'll get dirty easily. Anyway, I also perspire a lot so end up going to shopping malls for a respite from the heat or just leave air con on at home. Told hubby elect bills will go skyrocket high this last trimester. Heh.

Yup, Helpful Punggolite,
I'll def be puttg the vouchers to gd use and buyg big items with them. Wow, you're so lucky, got hand-me-downs. As for me, no choice since my sis is due a week or so after me, so can't get her stuff.

Hi gals,
I'm expecting a princess too! Just like Helpful Punggolite, I'm ecstatic and so's my hubby! I simply love gals...can doll them up. My parents are v happy too since my sis already has a son and is expecting another son. H/e, my MIL kept hinting she wants a grandson soon. Hai.

Anyway I bought the Pigeon detergent. Hope it smells good. Too bad, augustmum, only read yr post after I got back from grocery shopping...never mind, if Pigeon's not good, I can always switch to Kodomo. =P Anyway, skyblue, I'll be handwashing my baby's clothes since I didn't buy that many knowing she'll outgrow them real soon.

Hi Andriany, this is my 1st bb. I'm also having a princess.
happy.gif

Hi Augustmum, I'm also worried that I'll go into premature labour because some pple said that I carry my bb quite low. This will usually end up in delivering early. I dun mind if I'm passed my 37 wks, hopefully not these few weeks because I'm only 34 wks now.

Hi irenevinc, our due date is so close. In fact, during my detailed scan, my EDD was forecast as 3 Aug but my gynae said it's just a diff of 2 days so just stick to 5 Aug.

Hi Skyblue, I bought the washing powder ADT or something from Kiddy Palace. My mum helps me to handwash those bb clothes & she said that powder is gd. She said she din put softener because dunno if it's too harsh on bb's skin. Yup, you can machine wash but dun mix with adults clothes. I got a mixture of hand-me-downs & new ones for my bb.

Wow Sue,
You are super lucky to have yr mum help you handwash the bb clothes! I just spent the evening washing mine and hanging them out to dry. Seems like pigeon's not tt great after all.....expected a nice smell like Vel or Softlan but in the end doesn't have any smell at all after washing. So sad! Never mind, I'll just finish this box then switch to Kodomo.

Usually babies drop during the 34th week....maybe that's why you're carrying low. Don't worry too much about going into premature labour, worrying's not gd for bb. Just pray that all will go well.

Hi Skyblue,

I used Kodomo softener too. Very mild, so should be fine for baby. I handwashed the clothes too. Not very tough cos the detergent and softener are not harsh and could be washed off easily. Baby clothes are also so tidy and easy to handle.

Dear all,
Just to find out a few things:
1) What are the duties of a confinement lady?
2) Where do you think is better to place the baby cot - in the same room as the confinement lady or in the master bedroom?

Hi Andriany ,
I dont clean it quite often ! Hee..Hee.. too lazy ! Usually just use a damp cloth and wipe away the dirt/dust.
I am also using kodomo detergent and softener.
Think its the best since there is not much choice in the market !
For baby cloths , I think its better to handwash cos it will be cleaner.
Think washing machine cant wash away those milk stain !

Hi sue ,
I am having a gal too! My gnae say I may due earlier cos my baby is big ! Btw which hospital will you deliver ? May meet you at hospital if we happen to deliver same time..ha..ha

Hi Augustmum ,
Its good that you bought the changing table so that you do not have to squat on the floor/sit on stool to bath your baby.To bath your baby at waist height is good for you.
Q1) Confinement lady is to take care of you and baby.Cf have to cook for you and husband and do general house cleaning( sweep/mob floor) and night feed your baby.
Q2)Usually if you intend to let the confinement lady look after baby at night then you put baby cot with cf room, but for first few days do check on cf if they really manage to feed your baby!

Hi all ,
Who is helping you for your confinement ?
Engage a Confinement lady from agency or mom or mil ?
How much do you pay for cf and which agent ??

Hi everybody,

Good morning! How's everybody feeling today?
Andriany - I hv hand-me-downs which means I cannot shop ard as much as I want too...shopping for baby stuff can be fun actually, so I do envy some of my galfriends who are able to do that...

irenevinc - my MIL is helping me to do confinement, she's quite insistent but i worry she cannot cope and not too nice to turn her down plus she insist on using cloth diapers so will probably let her do the CF. Will use disposable diapers for 1st 2 wks so that she does not hv so much washing to do. I also bought Kodomo detergent & softener plus ABD washing powder upon the recommendation of several mothers i know. Think the kodomo brand is quite mild on baby skin/clothes so not to worry.

My only concern is where to get washing powder / bleach esp. for babies that can wash off the stains off baby's clothes? Cos i had some hand-me-downs with stains which i am trying to get rid of. Anyone know and can help in this area?

Morning Everyone,
Seems like all into the issue of washing our little darling's clothes.

Helpful Punggolite - dun be too sad, i din managed to buy alot, cos most of the clothes are bought by my MIL...and cant buy too much cos baby may grow out of them fast. So i'm also looking but not buying
sad.gif

irenevinc - i'm going to have a confinement auntie (recommended by friend), paying $1.8K for her services. Din want to get MIL/ mum cos they are quite old, and may not be able to cope.

augustmum -
Q1) Like what irenevinc has said, CL will take care of mum and baby, and cook for you and hubby. However some may not do general house-keeping esp if you are staying at mum/in-law's place or have a maid. So better to ask all these first.

Q2) My CL says baby will sleep with her for first 2 weeks, and thereafter teach me how to take care of baby. But since i'm going to BF, guess may have to wake up in the night to feed
happy.gif

Are you gals considering BF? Which hospital are you all going to deliver at?
I'm still choosing between Raffles and MAH - comparing the bill size though.

Hello! Finally found a thread for Aug mummies!
My first baby boy is due 7 Aug :)
Will be delivering at KKH and BFing (as long as I can)

Hi gals,

thks for your replies.
happy.gif
Seems that many of u r handwashing your bb's clothes. *faint* I have quite a bit...

Like punggolite, I'm also interested to know how to get rid of stubborn stains, cos I noticed that some of the hand-me-downs had yellow stains etc. I dun want my bb to wear 'dirty' clothes.

Hi Andriany,

So sad to know that Pigeon detergent has no nice smell. The reason I bought it was cos it's cheaper as compared to Kodomo. However, Kodomo is much bigger. Shd have bought that instead.

Hi Skyblue, some of my hand-me-downs got yellow stains also. My mum soaked it in that bb clothes washing powder & managed to remove all the stains. I've just checked with her the brand, it's ABD, costs $6.50 from Kiddy Palace.

Hi Irenevinc, I'm delivering at Mt A. HOw about you? It would really be nice if we meet each other in the hospital. How big is your bb? My bb was 2kg at 32wks. Will see how heavy she is this Sat.

Hi Andriany, I'll be having my confinement at my mum's place so all the bb stuff are at my mum's place. That's why, got my mum to help me with all the washing.
happy.gif

Hi Aimee, I'm pro-breastfeeding & hope I'll be able to do it. I'm going to Mt A and I've already confirmed my booking. When I went for the hospital tour, heard they are going to revise the price after June. I made my booking before June so that I can pay the old price.

Irenevinc and aimee,

Thanks. My mum got a Malaysian CL for me. I will be paying her $1700. However, not very sure what to do with a stranger at home. Thank God, my MIL will be popping over to my house and doing the marketing for me.

Sue,
Wow, your baby is 2Kg at 32weeks. My boy is only 1.6kg at 31-32 weeks and our EDD is only 5 days apart. My boy is kinda small huh?

Dear all,
Care to share how heavy is your baby now?

Hi sue,

Thks for the detergent info. I'll try the Pigeon one 1st then if really can't get rid of stains, I'mm go buy the one u recommended.
happy.gif

Hi sue,
I'm also having confinement at mum's pl but have yet to bring stuff over there. Heh. So just washed yest and intending to fold them and then cart them over bit by bit.

Hi augustmum,
The last time I visited gynae was when I was 27 weeks and she was 1.188 kg...got another appt next sat when I'm 31 weeks so I'll see how much she's grown by then. But my gynae says girls are usually lighter so I may be expecting her to be 2plus kg during birth.

Ya, skyblue, my reason for buying Pigeon is the same as yrs.....coz NTUC was selling for 6 bucks and was the cheapest. But will prob switch to Kodomo or ABD once it's finished.

So all of you packed yr stuff for labour yet?

Hi all! I will be a new mum and EDD is 15Aug. Glad and feel more assured after reading this thread that most of us are having the nesting feel, as well as discomforts in sleep, frequent toilet trips, difficult sleeping positions, and ha, the forever perspiration from the heat! =P My aircon has never been off the moment i step into the room. At least i know i'm not being weird haha!

Bought a cot from Robinsons at Centerpoint. $299 with free mattress and bedding. Thought it's quite a good deal coz the wood is solid enough. So if u havent buy one, can go there. It's called Johnson Cot. 4 height adjustments, can be converted to toddler's bed until 7 years old.

Will be delivering in MAH. Very apprehensive about the delivery, been reading some magazines to help prepare for the big day. Still dont know whether will i opt for epidural straight away, or just rely on gas/ breathing? What about u gals?

Hi ladies,

Good morning...

sue - really? If the ABD Powder can help to remove the stains, then I will try soaking it this weekend to see if it works since I already hv the powder..will report progress to you all!

skyblue - Dun worry. I am not going to handwash the baby clothes (esp. the handme down ones) cos I have abt 5 bags worth (those big taka shopping bag size)so will probably just throw them into the washing machine..

aimee - my colleague went to MAH and she had a very pleasant experience so you may want to consider that place too.

Leibit - We are all apprehensive as it gets nearer. Actually I was told if you hv an experienced gynae who can tell you that you're going to hv a long or short labor, so if it's a short one, you can decide whether to endure the pain to avoid the epidural but if it's going to be a long labor, i think better opt for epidural cos the concern is that you may be too tired to push yr baby out by then due to the pain and all esp when there's no relief fm the epidural etc.

Hi augustmum,
My boy was 1.2kg at 28 weeks. Going to gynae again next week
happy.gif

Sue - MAH going to revise their prices? Oh, know what's the diff? Able to share with me how much you are going to pay? Trying to comparing the costs of delivery across hospitals and reduce the amt of cash to pay.

Leibit - wah, your EDD 3 days from me...may see you in hospital
happy.gif
i'll try to opt for natural without epi...dunno if can tahan or not though. Did you attend any prenatal classes? Prob it may help..and of cos get your hubby to remind you during that big day!
happy.gif

Andriany - havent pack my stuff yet. Baby's room also in a mess...think got to work OT this month to decorate his room and pack my things. Well, there are still some more things we havent get yet, seems like i'm a very last-min mum compared to you gals.

Did you gals managed to get anything during the GSS? Prob we can share some lobangs here too?

Hi sue ,
Me at thomson ! too bad cant meet you!
My gynae did not tell me the weight but said that I am at week 32 but after measure baby, computer say is week 34 liao!!Will see how heavy she is next sat .

Hi Augustmum ,
Did you apply permit for your malaysian CL?

Hi helpfulpungolite,
I think you should use cloth diaper first then disposible diaper! Cloth diaper is better for
newborn for first 2 weeks.

Hi Andriany ,
Not all girl are lighter !
My first girl born at week 38 is 3.58kg !!!

Hi gals,
Hope everyone's feeling good. Anyway thought I'll share this website with all of you. Article's about getting baby into position for birth.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/refcap/544493.html

Anyway, irenevinc, wow, yr daugh weighed 3.58kg at birth? That's like real heavy! Was it a natural or caesarean?

Hi aimee, seems like yr prince and my princess are about the same weight. I'm seeing gynae too next week....let me know how yr son's progressed in terms of weight.

Hi leibit, I'm still contemplating which cot to buy. Saw the one at Robinsons too, but thing is got voucher for taka, tangs and isetan...so trying to buy from these places to use up vouchers and save money. Sigh...

Hi gals,

Afrer lunch...feel so drowsy.

Andriany - My baby weighs 1.3kg at wk 29 nearing wk 30. My gynae said my baby is prob going to be small but this kind of thing not accurate...my friends tell me that may hv final growth spurt in the last few weeks...so wait and see. Anyway, not true on the theory that girls will be smaller than boys at birth...my friend gave birth to a baby girl who weighs 4.2kg natural, with epidural, of course. 20 mins cos my hubby timed himself when he drove fm our place to our home...not really that near lah. heehee.

Irenevinc - not that i dun want to use cloth diaper during 1st 2 weeks cos my mil will be taking care of me and i am worried abt all the washing she will hv to do esp. when we do not have any CL nor maid at all so got to lighten her load a bit.

Aimee - don't worry, I am just as lazy as you. I don't even attend prenatal classes...how lazy can i get? Think I need to take leave to pack baby's room otherwise, the packing will never get done!

Hi Ladies,

My EDD is not fixed. Range from 31 Jul to 8 Aug 04. Will be deliverying @ Mt.A. Having a bb boy. During my last appt at 31+ wks, he is ard 2kg.

Hi , So tired after lunch , now waiting to go home ..
Seems like many of you deliver @ Mt.A hoh..
I think those of you who can get help from Mom or MIL during confinement is the best. Dont have to spent so much $$$$ and will not have stranger stay at your place ......

Andriany, it was natural birth and without Epidural.

Aimee , is your confinement lady Singaporean or malaysian?
Oh, about Bf ..must try for 1,2 months at least ...

Hi Andriany,

Yeah, me too, will switch to the other brands once I have finished the Pigeon one. But who knows, I may not even finish it if it's really no gd
nono.gif

Punggolite,

I've also decided to machine-wash my bb's clothes. Have been sorting out the clothes these few days. Those with stains, I'll handwash them.

Gals,

Will I be able toget the Kodomo softener separately cos wat I've seen in many places is that it comes free when we buy the detergent?
Since like wat Andrainy said, after washing with Pigeon detergent, there's no nice smell, so maybe put in Kodomo softener will help.

I also agree that it's not necessary that gals will weigh lighter than boys cos I have many colleagues whose bb gals weigh more than 3kg @ birth. I think it depends on the mum's diet n bb's absorption rate of the nutrients.

Skyblue,

I think it would be the best if u can hand washed the clothing as I personally feel tat clothes washed by machine not really clean and bb skin so delicate. If they get rashes or wat lagi headache.

I got my kodomo softener seperately fm the detergent.

Ladies,

Does u all intend to BF even after ur maternity leave?

Hi Augustmum, I think your boy is not small. It's my bb that's heavy. My friend's bb also 2kg at 32wks & her gynae said that it's a big bb.

Hi Leibit, I'm also going MAH and most likely will not be asking for epidural. Many of my friends did it without and they told me I shld be able to.

Hi Aimee, it's only what I heard, the price might not change after all. I'm not sure what price I'll be paying but I opt for the 2-bedded room. Here's the price list.
http://www.mtalvernia-hospital.org/serv_inpatient/packages.htm

Hi Irenevinc, too bad I won't get to see you.
sad.gif
I shld have opt for TMC because I attended the antenatal class there.

Hi Andriany, I've not packed my bag yet. Will most likely do it next week. Better be prepared just in case.

Hi Valencia, I might see you around in MAH since our due date is so close. We shld exchange mobile no. so that we can update each other when bb arrived.
happy.gif
I intend to breastfeed for 6 mths if I can. Will express my milk in the office since we have a nursing room.

Irenevinc,

Oh dear! Am I supposed to apply for CL's work permit? This does not cross my mind. Do you have any idea what to do?

Andriany - ok, will update you when i go for my appt next week. May be postponed cos my gynae's nurse just called to say he's having chicken pox!
proud.gif

helpfulpungolite - the thought of packing always seem such a big chore
happy.gif
i want to keep my leave for after maternity leh, so got to work harder during the weekends. And imagine i havent finish washing my baby's clothes! ;p
Seems like we got to jia1 you2!

Irenevinc - my CL is a singapore PR, so can save on the levy. Hope to BF as long as i can. Just that returning to work will be a problem, cos there are no proper rooms here to do it, unless i do it in the toilet.

sue - thanks for the info...printed a copy out for reference. Really envy your office got a nursing room...

Weekend...burnt at home doing housework and preparing baby's room...
It's Father's Day this weekend. Anyone celebrating with hubby?? Remembered he bought a small cake for me during Mother's Day when he saw how difficult it is to be a mama..

Hey gals, since quite a number of you getting CL, any idea how much to give for their ang bao when they come and leave?

Hi ladies,
Just wondering one issue...when I went for the prenatal class, the midwife was telling us not to come too early or we'll end up waiting like crazy since the first stage of labour when the cervix dilates takes many hours. Said we were advised to come only when contractions are 5-10 mins apart depending on how far away we stay from the hospital.

Thing is, what if at this point you need an epidural? Doesn't it involve injecting into your back? If you flinch during contractions then it'll affect the person administering right? Any of you contemplating epidural?

I'm quite worried coz my sis was a bit late in delivering her 1st child and the doc was impatient and insisted on inducing labour. Heard it's more painful when it's induced and she was 'acting hero' and declined epidural till the last stretch when she asked for it but was told it was to late to be administered.

I'm not too sure my threshold of pain but my hubby's worried for his own safety, cause my bro-in-law had 'battle scars' from my sis clutching his hands too tight that her nails dug into his hands and they were bleeding when we visited them in hospital after the birth 5 yrs ago.

Anyway, just hope my hubby doesn't faint. He was quite disturbed by the birth video shown during the prenatal class...I warned my gynae to take note that he gets queasy when he sees too much blood so that she won't be too surprised if she ends up with 2 patients instead of 1...heh.

Oh ya, irenevinc, it's the weekend around the corner again. Yup. I've to go cot and playpen shopping on Sunday morning. Tomo celeb hubby's bday so dec not to end to baby shopping to give him a break and Sun night's Father's Day celeb....what a hectic weekend! What abt the rest of ya?

Hi Irenevinc, the antenatal class was conducted by Mrs Wong & it was very gd. Got lots of tips from her. Since you're delivering in TMC, shld be in safe hands, can always ask the nurse or Mrs Wong if you need help.

Hi Andriany, we were told to go hospital if our water bag burst. They will put you in the observation room. It depends on individual, some dilation can be pretty fast but some might take hours. Can't answer your qns but I guess it'll be safer to be in hospital & let the mid-wife access your condition.

Hi ladies,

seems that alot of u r quite free during this period huh? =P Anyone having horrible time sleeping? Now i cant turn properly in my sleep. Each time i start to lay on my bed, i will have this funny wierd acid coming from my throat, making my mouth taste wierd. Do u gals have that too? Is that what they mean by heartburn?

Ponggolite, Sue and Aimee - thx for the useful insights abt epidural thing. Guess that since it's my first time, may try to go without it first. Another scary thing is the episiotomy. Read from one of the thread that it seemed to be a norm in most hospitals, and often gynaes actually opted for it to speed things up. Sigh, another painful process. :<

Aimee - yah, maybe we will meet each other in the hospi=> R u currently attending the antenatal class? I'll be going for my second lesson tom. Hopefully all these lessons will somehow lessen whatever anxiety i have...

Adriany - since u got so many vouchers, then try to see which places have good cots. What abt Infantino? Seems that quite alot of dept stores sell this brand. I'm not that sure about Tangs, coz i went 3 weeks ago on a shopping spree for bb's clothes there, and from my impression, i didnt really see any cots. Well, maybe bb's clothes covered my eyes then haha =P

From what i know, OG has some 20% discount on Fisher-Price products eg. the kick and play piano, gym etc. Robinsons also have sale on that, but it's not a 20% discount, thus cant save much. OG also has bb's clothings at 20% off, so if u r still energetic enough, go shopping this weekend! :> Take care gals, will check in again!

Hi ladies, went for gynae appt this morning and bb is 2.4kg at 34wks. She shld be abt 3kg at birth.
happy.gif

Leibit, I've no problem sleeping, just find it difficult to turn my body because of the extra weight. Quite pek chek sometimes because have to get up few times to go toilet.

Andriany, I've two friends who bought their cot from Robinson. It's $299 and can be converted to a kid's bed. Quite worth it.

Hi gals,
Been having difficulty turning cause my tummy seems to get in the way and also need to wake up to visit the loo at least twice each night. So sue, I really und what you're goin through. Sigh.

Plus coupled with that, just got an infection on my right big toe just beside my nail that's emitting a very dull ache. Went to see doc and he gave me antibiotics and antibacterial wash but yet to confirm with gynae if it's safe for consumption. Need to try getting hold of her tomo.

Anyway, thanks leibit for sharing those shopping lobang....may check out OG tomo and also the cots at Robinsons. Thanks, too, sue!

Alright ladies, take care all of you....will drop by again soon!

Hi all,

I will be due in mid August too and delivering in TMC. I am having a gal.

Just wonder those delivering in TMC, will we happen to be seeing the same gynae? I am seeing Dr. A L lim. How about you gals?

I bot my baby cot during the JL 15% discount storewide + 5% rebate and is a real good buy. The cot is from Infantino and convertable into toddler bed with 4 position and the best part is the price, only $199 b4 the discount and rebate plus bedding set. I dun know if they still have this offer (I bot a few weeks ago), mayb u gals can check it out.

Any1 using the avent steriliser? Juz wonder, how many bottles do we need to get?

I saw the maternity pad from Mothercare and wonder if is good. Any1 can comment?

My MIL will be doing my confinement as my mother is working.

BTW happy fathers' day to all your hubby.

Hi Beanie,

Welcome to the August Mama's club! I will be using Avent steriliser &amp; there are 2 types if i am not wrong - microwave one and the steam one. I recommend the steam one but try to get the 6-bottles one cos can sterilizer more bottles and also yr pump if need be cos the 2-bottles one may be too cramped in time to come.

The maternity pad length fm Mothercare is quite ok except that the pad length may be too short for some - you may wanna consider the Pureen Maternity Pads - they are pretty soft and quite long in case you hv a bad case of bleeding, the length will help to avoid staining yr clothes.

Hope that helps!

Hi Helpful Punggolite,

Thanks for all your advise.

I have bought the 6 bottles avent steriliser yesterday at Kiddy Palace @ $119.

I have not buy the pump yet in case I do not heave enuf milk for my bb (my mum do not have enuf for me, so I worry me also the same lor), then will waste the pump. But I have one manual pump pass down from my sis-in-law in case and I already told my hubby to buy the avent pump in case I need one after I gave birth. What pump are you using? Any recommendation?

BTW, have you got any name for your bb?

Sue,

I had pm u. Yeah, I would like to bf my boy for at least 6 mths oso. But my office do not hv a proper place for me to express my milk. Headache leh.
No need to rush to hospital immediately if ur water bag burst UNLESS it smell or greenish/pinky color. Otherwise, juz go within 24 hrs.

Andriany,

On the issue of gg to hospital when contractions ard 5-10 mins, tats y I heard oso. My fren told me tat administrating epidural too late will onli occur when u dilate more than 6cm. When contraction ard 5-10mins, maybe u will onli dilate 2-3cm. So shouldnt be much of a problem UNLESS u dilate real fast :p

Lebit,

I think wat u experienced is heartburnt. I hv been losing sleep oso. Kept feeling hungry in the middle of the nite &amp; digging for FOOD!!! or need to go to the loo. If I dun wake up and eat, my boy will kick like anything
sad.gif
Changing sleeping position oso a problem nowadays. Hai~

Beanie,

I got the mothercare maternity pad cos heard gd feedback. But yet to use it personally so dunno izzit really gd.
I got myself the Avent manual IS pump.
Had fixed the English name for my son but not chinese name.

Back