(2004/02) February Babes

Hi Pink
Thought you would be welcoming the noise after a week of silence when the girls are separated.
happy.gif
Good to know that Ying's is eating well now... I am very afraid when kids dun eat. Might want to boost her immunity with vitamins?

Business is considered good even tt we started only in Sept. He broke even in the first month which is rare to come in business. But to be on the safe side, I consider a steady income to judge on how we can afford for me to stay home. Told my hubby I cannot be business man wife cos I cannot tahan the idea of him bringing back 8K this mth then next mth nothing... Will give myslf till mid next year to c how it goes... also.

Hi ruffy,
So the weight is going to the right place!!
happy.gif
My fren who gave birth 2 weeks ago, went back to her original size when I saw her last weekend. Envy!!
happy.gif
Second birth somemore.
Good that ryan likes his school. Will you be putting him there after your delivery? Who is doing your confinement for you?

Hi mummies
Very emotional roller coaster two days and expect more to come for the next 3 days... Monday, when I fetch tory, the grandma commented that she is quite ok, listens well to instructions, understand more things. But they snatch... when i heard tt, my heart sank... So afraid tt she not going to look after for me. Then when I saw how tired the maid's face is, my heart sank deeper (cos they told me whether can or not also depends on the maid). Tory didn't missed me much but didn't managed to get her nap so was hanging on to me the min I arrive. Very yang or.
Today, she was reported to be crying in the afternoon cos she missed me. Also cos she was feeling guilty abt accidentally hurting ashley. GOSH!! My whole head turned topsy turvy when I heard ashley's lips bleed from it.
sad.gif
Poor girl's lips were slightly swollen. But grandma was nice, she says it happened cos they were fighting over the swing and tory was barring ashley's entry into it, then ashley fell and hurt herself on the side, not that tory pushed her. Grandma says she told tory "cannot fight, must share, see? Ashley mouth got blood already." Then tory eyes redden and began her crying session and missing me. Slept for a while on the floor cos she refused to let grandma carry her to the bed. Everytime grandma thot she is asleep and tried to move her, she cried. So grandma covered her with a blanket and let her sleep. Both grandparents took turns to carry her after she woke cos still whiny and cry on and off.

They seemed not too affected by ashley's accident though...as i thought it would be... and grandpa saw that tory is only stubborn when she feels no wrong, but when she does, she will feel guilty (ie red eyes and nose and keep very quiet and still) so still considered good liao. Grandpa also says "tomorrow must come ah" which eases me a little.

I feel very sad to let tory go thru all these. She was unusually quiet (maybe cos tired) and clingy. She actually told the grandma who was trying to feed her dinner "take porridge home, mama feed".
sad.gif
Also afraid that Ashley will be hurt from this...

Understand that it should be a phrase, even if she goes CC also will be such... but so heart wrenching to see her go thru these.... Makes me feel like throwing in the towel and staying home with her tomorrow and for all the tomorrows coming.

Morning mummies
happy.gif

Linda,
Ryan already started his CC#4 last week. He will still go there after delivery..but still in the midst of arrange schoolbus for him or else MIL will have to fetch him from school in the afternoons. MIL will come down at the end of the mth and do confirnment for me this time. (Her cooking way better then my mum/grandma)
happy.gif

Talk about cut lips. Ryan also had cut lips last week coz he fell down and hit against the mat for sleeping when he woke up. Don't worry it clears very fast.. this week the scar is not visable liao!!
happy.gif
.. Knock and bruises will go away..dun need to worry so much. Tory is slowly adjusting to the new environment.It may take more then 1 week for her to get use to the place and the caregivers to get used to her habits etc.

Hi ruffy
happy.gif
Good that your MIL is coming down to help you and you got yummy cooking!! What kind of confinement do the Hong Kongers cook? Got the pig trotters in vinegar?

How far is ryan's school from your house? So he will only be attending half day then?

Mummies
Sorry to say tt Ashley's grandma have commented tt she won't be able to care for tory already. Think the new arrangements for the past 3 days have been too taxing on them and everyone's life is affected. She was very nice to tell me that she can't help long term but if she goes CC and any problem I face, if she can help for 1,2 days she will.

Sigh...but at least we tried. And very proud of tory... grandma says she is quite well behaved, just stubborn. She also listened and understand tt I have to work even though she misses me. Grandpa said tt "not other people grandchild naughty, it is our grandchild naughty". Although might have said that to comfort me, but at least I feel better that tory did not behave that badly there.

Anyway, it is an emotional day for me (AGAIN) and I am on leave tomorrow to spend some time with tory.... anyway, not much mood to work.

Back to the 'adjusting' my own thoughts to tell myself that CC is good for tory again....

Sorry for the long grumbles....

hi mummies,
hb postponed his trip to 2 days later. juz when we're all changed ready to go airport and i complain abt toilet not washed, sq called hb n said there's seats avail for his waitlist on sat midnite heheheheh... Thank God i dun have to scrub the filthy toilet all by myself :p

Linda,
oh dear... so have u gotten a place for Tory at the cc?

ruffy_happy,
good to hear tat Ryan is adapting well at the new centre and foetus is growing well
happy.gif

shimmrs,
Avos n me will be at ur place, hopefully at 3.30pm sharp
happy.gif
will lunch out with Avos then get him to nap on the stroller. hope he will wake up then. can sms or PM me your addy? thanks!

Morning mummies,
Linda,
dunno what she will cook but I think should be okay.. quite used to what she cooks.
happy.gif
So now u have to secure a place in CC for Tory? I think it would be better for her as she will get to interact more with other kids/learn more.

Ryan's CC is about 15min drive away (tampines to Siglap Rd). No direct public bus..anway still arranging for a school bus. HOwever nowadays have to send HB to sentosa in the morning then drop Ryan at Siglap before heading home to do the marketing/cleaning etc.. then in the afternoon fetch Ryan 1st then HB from work before he drives all of us back home. Maybe later will shift nearer down to town but not at the moment as our house is not 5yrs yet..cannot sell as we took the 30K grant. Anyway at that time didn't find any suitable place nearer my mum's and don't want to invest/waste too much money in monthly installments for a flat.
happy.gif

MrsShims,
we will be there about 3-3.30pm.. Ryan pestering to go swimming with Kyla.
happy.gif
HB working that day so he won't join us.

Mummies

Will write more later.

Shimmrs

We will be there. Two gals and myself. Reaching between 3.30 - 4pm. Pls email me your address ok?
happy.gif

Linda

How are you feeling today?

I hope you are feeling better.

Can be a blessing in disguise... like that, your friendship with your dear friend will not be strained
happy.gif
They can still be wonderful weekend playmates
happy.gif

Linda,
sorry to hear about Ashley grandparents cannot manage another child. at this stage is tough as our kiddos are stubborn, playful etc. thought they should give themselves a longer period to try out as Tory as well as them need longer time to get used to one another. who knows after 1-2weeks both can adapt to it and then not much problem already?

anyway look to the bright side. CC may not be too bad esp if u have chosen a good one. let Tory try out CC first and see how. if CC no. 1 no good then go to CC no. 2. who knows she can enjoy herself more in the CC as there are more friends to interact, more toys to play and more activities to fill her time up? if all else fails u can then stay at home full time to look after Tory since u have been thinking about it? dun feel sad ok?

btw when is your SIL giving birth?

Shimmrs
think i have to give this gathering a miss as i wont be able to make it that early. u all enjoy yourselves ok!

Hi ruffy
happy.gif
Cantonese cooking is yummy with lots of nutritional soups and tonics. I think you will love it.

Wow, the daily driving around sounds hectic on you. The school bus might sound more logical when you start home with baby. If not you will be tired out from all the running about.

Will call tomorrow to change tory's enrolment to CC to March 07. Before that she will continue to attend the current playgroup.

Hi pink
How's your week so far with both the girls active again?

went home to mummy and vent my furstrations and sleep... didn't sleep well for past 3 days liao... Feel better today and went to Swensens to celebrate daddy's birthday.

Actually ok lah, just have to re-adjust myself to the idea again. But hubby is still on the lookout for better choices cos he is the one who cannot let go more than me...Anyway, it is till March that things have to be confirmed, so I will just treat it as tory going to CC and ease myself before I go mad... no more uncertain things till then.

Hi Mini
Actually what u mention is true... I also think 3 days are not sufficient to tell. But I think it is very taxing on them as they are not used to having two kids running abt. Ashley is their first grandchild.
But after these 3 days, honestly, I think it will be better for tory in CC... hahaha....not so stress for me. Only that I dread the initial weeks..... past 3 days tory had been having nightmares where she would sit up and cry and say "dun want to xxxx", "tory dun like xxxx" but with her eyes closed. Sigh...

Sorry mummies that this thread had been so full og my complains lately... paiseh...

Linda

Hi!

Ying had her concert on Wed night. It was wonderful to see her perform on stage confidently and HAPPILY (kept smiling
happy.gif
). It shows that she was enjoying the process. Then today and yday, she did not have to go to school. So very busy at home.

You ok today?

It is not easy to be a mummy hor?

I just have this 'feeling' that tory will adapt much better at CC than at your fren's place. Afterall, CC is a school and tory has been attending a playgroup, so the environment and structure are similar. And in a sch, the children look up to the trs and it is thus easier for trs to gain the kids' respect and attention and engage them to learn whereas tory may find it difficult to identify with your fren's mum and following her instructions. I mean, she is not tory's 'mummy', 'teacher' or 'grandma', and not even 'nanny'...

As for the granny, she will also be caught in a difficult position - on one hand, has to be nice to tory, on the other hand, when tory does not want to cooperate, what is she to do? Will tory listen to her? If she is nice, tory may not listen to her... if she is too stern, tory may be frightened or she may worry about tory 'complaining' to you... furthermore, Ashley is their first grandchild - trust me, all the more they will "bao bei" her. I know cos Ying is the first grandchild for both families :p

And for you, indeed, it will be less stressful for YOU, if tory is at CC... remember shimmrs shared how she felt when trs gave feedback on kyla when she did not cooperate? I also went through the same with Ying when she started Pre N. When we get not-so-good report from trs, we return home with a heavy heart. But we can work hand-in-hand with trs to help the child. Just imagine if tory does not behave well at your fren's place and granny tells you that, I believe you will feel even more stressed (than if the feedback is from the trs) and pai seh... granny will also feel pai seh (to give feedback or not...will offend you or not...)

I hope I am not making you feel worse
happy.gif
I hope to cheer you up! Still have a few months, I am sure you can work out something. This arrangement that did not work out may be a blessing in disguise.

BTW, why did tory have nightmares? Because of her trial at ashley's place? This may also be an indication that she was not really happy there. Just my guess...

Dun worry about 'complaining' here
happy.gif
We are here to support one another!
happy.gif

Mummies

See you all tmrw at shim's place!
happy.gif

Hi pink
Wow... daddy's and mummy's heart must have swell so big with pride... Bet you got that feeling of "since when did my baby grow up so big?"
happy.gif

I wonder how it wld be like when it is tory's turn.

Thanks for the very constructive and in-depth analysis. I appreciate them and agree with your points esp on the feedback part.

Sometimes I wonder if we have been blinded by 'over-protectiveness' that we seemed to have let it over-rule our minds and the possibility that tory might enjoy CC better. Honestly, other than the eat and sleep part, I do think tory would enjoy and benefit from the full program they have in the CC i shortlisted. Definately the drama and speech part or it.

I am kind of open to the idea now, esp since I realised I have no other alternatives. My character is such tt I will tend to think of the advantages of the thing I cannot choose NOT to do it.
happy.gif
However, Daddy has other ideas but have to wait till at least feb to know... so i would just have to adopt a "wait and see" attitude and assume if nothing else pops up, tory is going to CC.

Re the nightmares - the first CC i went to, the principal told me that kids sometimes get nightmares initially. Cos I commented tt tory is quite adaptable to new environments. She says not necessarily... looks like quite true. Tory isn't unhappy at Ashley's place cos we asked her nightly if she wants to go back and she says yes. Guess it is more due to lack of sleep (she couldn't fall asleep there) and the new environment. She also couldn't wait to go home every night when I fetch her.

Thanks for the emotional support you are giving me!! Really helps to talk abt it.
happy.gif
You know, when I saw your "being a mummy not easy hor?", I was like gosh, someone understands... *sob sob* I guess sometimes we just need a pat on the shoulders and you mummies gave me just that... thanks a lot for all the time and brain cells you mummies have used over my case here.
happy.gif

Oh shimmrs
thanks for the PM. I dun reckon we can make it to your place since most mummies are leaving at the time when tory wakes... will have to miss the gathering. Have fun and takes lots of pics yes?
happy.gif

mummies

Heavy rain!!

Dorcas is napping but ying is not...still wide awake...

Shimmrs

I hope my hb can locate your place! We checked the directory just now :p

Ying is not attending the gathering. She will go jalan jalan with her daddy... easier for me...
happy.gif

Linda

Glad you are feeling better!
happy.gif
We all need support and encouragement from friends. I attend this mothers' group in my church every alternate Sun. We do not have a lot of time but we make the best out of it. Everyone of us looks fwd to each session! You know, when you hear another mummy share, you go "eh... I have been through this before" or "hey, I am not the only one feeling this..." and sometimes, a more 'senior' mummy really has good advice for the just-got-started ones. I think as we have kids around the same age, we can empathise with one another (we go through similar struggles and challenges).

Ooi... cannot have tory join in the gathering today! Another time ya!
happy.gif

shimmrs

Thanks for being a sweet and thoughtful host.
happy.gif
Thanks for organising this gathering and opening your house for us to gather. It was a good time! I wish I was there earlier. We were late cos we had missed a turn. Kyla is very sweet and adorable! Praise her for sharing her toys with friends ya! I enjoyed talking to her. She wears a smile all the time!
happy.gif

Van and Ruffy

Time flies... one year after another...

Ruffy, the next time we see you, you will have two boys in tow!
happy.gif
You look good despite being very pregnant - 35 weeks already! Get as much rest as possible. It is also exciting as you anticipate the arrival of no. 2 ya?

Van, you really "can"... can manage avos and a stroller and go around singapore single-handedly! Very independent and strong mummy!
happy.gif

Glad to get to chat with you more today! Thanks for the mini projectors which my girls love! Avos is an adorable and polite boy. So he likes to talk to jie jie?!! Sarah enjoyed his presence too!
happy.gif

shimmrs,
thanks for your hospitality. the eclairs r indeed good
happy.gif

have emailed u regarding the bag ;)

ruffy_happy,
time flies... seems like its so recent tat u shared the good news of ur pregnancy
happy.gif
agree with PT, u do look good even tho at week 35
happy.gif
take good care!

pink_tulip,
wow u're fast to post the pix!
happy.gif
juz sent Avos to the bed *phew*

i 'can'not loh, really burn out liao. perhaps didnt 'travel' with Avos like tat for quite awhile liao. at 1 point i miss Baby Avos again. juz 'tie' him in the sling, hop on n off the bus without hassle
happy.gif

yes, usually Avos likes to talk with gor-gors n jie-jies. they r like his idol
happy.gif
and of cos their 'frequency' must also be of the same 'channel' lah.

seeing ur 2 loving gals makes me so envy. can SEE tat they really love n care for each other. can help to say tis again - u r really blessed!

mommies,
need to download the pix from my hp 1st. will post them later
happy.gif

oh yar! pink_tulip, 4got to thank you for the ride
happy.gif
makes me feel so pai seh, u have to detour a little...

btw ur hb looks likes one who really 'gu4 jia1', 24 xiao4 hb n pa pa
happy.gif

aiyo now then realised so many of Kyla n Avos pix
happy.gif

PT, the one n only pix of Dorcas i took turned out very blur
sad.gif

574403.jpg
574404.jpg

574405.jpg
574406.jpg

574407.jpg
574408.jpg

dear mommies!
Wow! These pixs are quick on the "board" liao! haha.. Thanks for uploading and sharing the pixs!

Its my pleasure having all of you here this evening too! Kyla & I enjoyed your good company!

Van & Pink
Thanks for the gifts! Kyla immediately opened the gift given by Dorcas and started coloring liao! She also enjoyed playing with the mini-projecter too!

Van
I envy you had the chance to meet Sarah leh! And yes, Avos is so handsome and well-behaved.
happy.gif

Pink
Do your both gals like the hello-kitty face towels? I hope they will use them during their brushing times!

Ruffy
Its a pity you left the mini-projector behind. Do pop by when you go to your mum's one of these days yar? Nice to have your hubby to join in our gathering!

Van & Ruffy
Hope both Avos & Ryan like the cutlery set (train) too!

Here are the 3 pics I captured with my mobile :
574442.jpg

574443.jpg

574444.jpg

shimmrs,
ops! thank you for the pressie too. yes, Avos likes tat, xie xie ni
happy.gif

yar hor... i'm the only one here who met the big jie-jie (Ying) here
happy.gif
she looks juz like in the photos - cheery, expressive n outgoing
happy.gif

shimmrs

I'd wanted to try the eclairs! But i restrained myself - I was having some throat discomfort and cough. So, they are really tasty?!

You and Kyla are really friendly. I think our kids learn from us - our mannerism, attitude, perspective, etc. Seeing Kyla so friendly and smiley, she is just like you!
happy.gif

Hey! My girls love the gifts from you! They opened the gifts at po po's house and were "wowing" at the face towels and projectors. This morning, Ying asked me if she can pack this towel for water play sessions she has in school every Tues.
happy.gif

Van

Sure it is tiring to lug along a stroller, a bag and a young child. Hmmm, dun run around too much ok? Good thing is, Avos is well behaved. He does not run off when you are not looking. He listens to you!
happy.gif
When we were loading and unloading the stroller, he kept still and waited.

Dun envy me, dun envy me... you can too! Hope your baby #2 plan materialises soon!!
happy.gif

My girls are very thrilled by the projectors leh! Hb said it is such an interesting concept!

My hb looks like a "gu jia" person??!! If I tell him, he will "fly"... hmmm... maybe dun tell him...:p

Our pleasure to be able to give you a lift.
happy.gif
Hope you were not too late for your appt.

Mummies

Sorry lah... did not take Ying along with me in the end... cos when I meet up with friends, I would rather go alone! But in this case, 'Feb Babes' mah, must take Dorcas along. If I had taken two girls along with me, I would have been very distracted! :p OK, let me 'train' them AND myself for another year, next year, I will take both along.
happy.gif
Ha ha ha ha ....

What a pity Dorcas did not want to take photographs. Shim's wall at that corner is a nice spot for taking pics!

Dorcas takes a while to warm up... she will start school in Jan. I believe going to school will help.

Ruffy

I heard Ryan sing yesterday!
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,
Nice meeting up with you gals at Mrsshims yesterday
happy.gif
I took some photos and will upload them when I get home tomorrow.. now still at my mum's place.

Kyla's very photogenic and really like taking photos. The eclairs really taste nice..had so many of them..hehe
happy.gif

Van/Mrs Shims,
Thanks for your presents
happy.gif
HAven't really openned them yet for Ryan.

Van/PT,
You look good..still so slim and ur kids so well behaved.. mine still "Ah beng" style.

hi mummies
Wow!! Looks like you girls had lots of fun at shimmrs house!!
happy.gif
I agree with the mummies, kyla is so smiley!!! Esp those she took with the boys... hahahaha
lol.gif
the boys look so shy next to her! They must have really enjoyed themselves.

shimmrs
I saw from ruffy's pics the clear plastic ( i presume) which you placed kyla's books. Where did you get it? It is great for sorting out the books!!! Can easily get what we want. Tory's books are so messy in the shelf!

Van
Avos' grown so much!!! he looks like he lost weight though, grown taller? He looks very guai leh.

Ruffy
hehehe... the girls were saying you look so good when so pregnant, me looking out for your pics leh!!
happy.gif
Must show me pretty mummy yes?

Pink
No lah, we consider Ying a part of our gang too mah!! If got gathering again, must include her leh.

hi mummies
just wondering how many of the feb babes can write on their own? Thinking to coach tory to hold a pencil correctly, but daddy think she is still young. So far, the work she done in school can only be describe as MESS. ahahhaa.... Bought her some pre-nursery exercises books to 'play practise' with since I want to look into more activities for her instead of letting her watch TV the whole day...

hi mommies

Pink
Glad your girls like the towels! hee... Ya lor, pls include Ying in our feb babes group! All of us already knew Ying for so long by writing and sharing pics! And you dun have to worry about giving your both gers more attention during our gathering, we all can understand.

Ruffy
YOu are so funny! "ah-beng" style? So my kyla will be "ah-huey" style lor as compared? hahaha... she is often seen to be the initiator! not shy at all, from the way she puts her shoulder on her friends' shoulders!

She actually told me this " I want to put my hand on the shoulder with my friends " when I took to her to wash hands just before taking photos! In fact, she did this for the 1st time, dunno where she learnt this from.

Linda
Oh, I got the clear plastic holder from the previous BP organised by Poh for the flashcard holder. Kyla was not interested to read the flashcards so I decided to "modify" it by pasting velcro stick-ons to hang books instead lor! Dun want to spend $60++ for a book-holder like this. And also dun want to waste the flashcard holder. hee..

Mmm.. this topic came just in time! ... I met up with a friend last night over dinner. Her ger who is 6 months older than Kyla is able to write liao! So I am also wondering when is the right time to intro writing?

Pink, do you have any advice? Do you remember when did Ying started writing?

Morning mummies,
Mrsshims,
Ryan still asking to go to Kyla's house swimming
happy.gif

Using Pencil to write.. I think they will start them in school at 3yrs old. At present Ryan not that interested in writing yet so not going to force him. but he does know how to draw lines and write certain numbers using the pencils and drawing circles.
happy.gif

hi mummies!
finally stayed home the whole aftn
happy.gif
really tired tat i dun feel like going anywhere except downstairs ta bao lunch :p but 'flower-leg' cannot stay home too long, will go NTUC walk walk later hehehe...

writing - a good reminder for me to stock up those exercise/activity books b4 we leave
happy.gif

ruffy_happy,
eh dun describe Ryan like tat! he's also very well behaved n polite. he asked for permission b4 he took the train set off the shelf
happy.gif

Linda,
Avos seems lost weight yah? but PT says he puts on leh??? expected lah, come back sg alot of distraction, he hasnt been eating much. daddy saw his class photo. he said dunno if its due to the cam lens or he really slim down, Avos looks very fat
happy.gif
ask hb to take a snap using his cam tonite. will share once ready
happy.gif

writing - Avos cant really do it. only can draw circles n few straight lines. he's very interested with papper n pencils cos gor-gors n jie-jies (his idols) r doing it
happy.gif
havent have the chance to sit down do work with him since we returned. we're having vacation now.

vcds, have u tried those phonics ones? cos i was really amazed tat Avos now knows the sound of most alphabets after watching the dvd (less than a week) from his great-grandaunt. at 1st was worried abt him not knowing them individually without the music n songs but to my surprised he does knows them when i juz spring him with any letters. i was thinking tat since our kiddos can learn well thru the effects of tv, can select few (not frequent tho) learnings methods thru tv instead of juz papper n pen.

pink_tulip,
how r u? so quiet?

erhm #2 - thinking of postpone the plan for at least another 6 mths
happy.gif

remember we talked abt the way Avos speaks? err juz now as i was listening to the swedish radio, i think Avos does have some accent from there
happy.gif
somehow having some rhythm???

shimmrs,
busy? still waiting for u to decide when to meet for the deal leh
happy.gif

hi mommies
I was out the whole day this afternoon. Met up with me ex-colleagues to catch up.
happy.gif

Van
Hee.. just logged on only now.

Ruffy
Oops! I am quite busy this week. Sorry to disappoint Ryan-sweetheart!

morning mummies,
here are the pix of Avos taken in school by a studio
happy.gif
think he's too shy to smile hahahha looks funny...

578302.jpg

578303.jpg

Mrsshims
Its okay.. this week already brought him to Toyrus at vivocity and we also visited the Dulous there.. but didn't get around to buying any books as they were quite expensive and the payment q was quite long. Tomorrow he is going to another gf's house to play
happy.gif

Van,
Nice pictures of Avos.. nowadays I think they don't like to smile that much in pictures.. Ryan's the same.. only Kyla is still smiley
happy.gif

linda and shimmrs

write on their own??!! No lah... not yet... can introduce but dun expect them to write on their own at this stage. If tory is interested, by all means, introduce her to writing, but dun "force" her... next year, they can do tracing of numbers and the alphabet (in pre n).

ruffy

why did you say ryan "ah beng" style??!! No lah!

Van

Yes! Avos looks sooo chubby in the photos taken in sweden! And, again, a bit of "ang moh" look - drank the water there for too long huh?? :p If compared with those pics, then Avos seems to have lost weight. However, when I saw Avos, he definitely is not thin, and I thought he has put on.

I think Avos speaks Eng with a little bit of swedish accent...
happy.gif
He does not speak like you or me! Hee...

shimmrs,
thanks for your time today. i really like tat bag
happy.gif
sorry tat i'm not able to stay longer with u
blush.gif

ruffy_happy,
thanks for the compliments
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
hahaha chubby hor? think its due to the angle of the shot. can even see his double chin!!

still abit of 'ang moh' look? now drinking more sg water n potatoes liao leh hehehe :p actually hor i think tis also contributes to his resemblance with daddy (childhood lah hahahaha). according to MIL ppl did ask if hb is an eurasian when he was young
happy.gif

hb called to confirm we have to leave on the 11th jan nite... now waiting for his travel office to check availability. tis morning when Avos saw the class photo, he said 'mummy, go school now! friends waiting'
sad.gif

Hi Van
Dunno leh, I though he looked leaner. Or maybe cos grew much taller? His cheeks also not as chubby, and his arms too. Yeah, compared to his class photo and should be able to tell better. Perhaps the weather in Spore made him sweat so much tt he lost some weight here? he looks so much more chubby in the class photos!!

phonics - tory learns some in school... she goes a a a a is the sound of A etc. But that's abt the only phrase i caught. Perhaps it would be a good idea to get those CDs so I can pratise with her at home. Which ones are good?

Can Avos hold a pencil 'correctly' yet? Tory is holding it with her whole palm closed around it.

Hi Ruffy
Same question, is ryan holding his pencils/ crayons in the right way? How to coach them?
Tory is into drawing nonsence. She cannot managed straight ( or even close) lines unless they are not planned. hahaha... I think she dun know how to control the pencil yet.

Bought some activity books for her, simple maths and english for her to circle the right answers and match pictures. Saw some of her worksheets from school so thought of re-inforcing those exercises for her instead of 'wasting' tine away dunno what to do.

Hi shimmrs
Yes!! Forget THE person to ask. PINK!!
happy.gif

Hi Pink
So when did you start introducing proper writing
to Ying last time?

Can you share with me some activities to do with tory at home? Still remember tt you mentioned you did some pasting and cutting with ying re the alphabets. been trying to find a child sissors but to no avail. reclutant to let her use glue cos I scare she make messy. hehehee... lazy mum.

hi Linda,
the way Avos holds a pencil / crayon same as Tory. he will hold properly aft correcting him.

phonics cd (music)- Avos has a zoo phonics set from his nai nai. i find tat could be more suitable when he's more ready to learn abt the combination of letters n the exceptions. currently he's watching the Letter Factory dvd.

'writing' exercise i started of by printing lines tracing from websites. tat helps in control of the pencil n strokes. must really sit down n do with Avos. trace a few lines to show him, then get him to do it himself. if necessary then guide his hand for a few lines. aft awhile get him to do it without the dotted help.

Linda,
i let Avos use those glue stick instead of liquid glue, less mess
happy.gif
scissors he uses a normal pair. i find its safe so long we're sitting down together with him.

hi mommies!
Kyla dun need to attend school today. Both of us slept till 11am!!! Will bring Kyla to take MRT to Airport to receive daddy at 7pm.

Van
Its nice to meet you yesterday! Do you know Kyla asked about you the first thing she woke up in Taka? She asked, "Auntie Van, where?" She woke up at about 6pm! I was so tired walking around the mall! Returned the rented stroller successfully without any questions asked.

Here are the 2 photos taken during our lunch at Pepper Lunch :

580582.jpg

580583.jpg

580584.jpg
mommy, go home?

Pink
Oh? So they will be introduced to tracing next year? For me, i will not force Kyla to learn writing yet. Will let her learn in school when the time comes.

Ruffy
How's Vivocity shopping? Is it crowded in the afternoons on weekdays?

MOmmies
We came back from Airport liao. But Kyla kena fever once we reached airport.
sad.gif
She is resting now after taking Calpol. Will skip her from the field trip tomorrow liao.

She remembered her daddy having the chix pie from Polar in the airport the last time so this time, she said she wants to "buy one for kyla and one for daddy"! So sweet hor?

Van
Does Avos know how to hold the scissors to successfully cut any paper? I got kyla a set of 3 scissors which are meant for young toddlers to play cutting. They are very safe and does not really cut easily. I noticed Kyla is still unable to focus on cutting the paper at the right angle especially when she holds paper and scissors on each hand. Kyla also uses the UHU stick instead of the messy glue.
happy.gif

Linda
Kyla dun even know any phonic letter at all! She is so uninterested in learning phonics! *so sad*
sad.gif
I have a set of learning phonics vcds (6discs) for Kyla plus Leapfrog talking word factory. But all do not interest her at all! Do you like to have a set of the learning phonics? I can mail them to you?

shimmrs,
oh dear... let her rest well n take lots of fluid. take care.

hehe so sweet of Kyla still remembers me when she woke up
happy.gif
6pm ok lah... at least she's awake on ur way home, instead of dozing off n u might have to carry her, etc. right?
happy.gif

thanks for the photos. *sigh* the 2 of them juz couldnt look at ur cam at the same time ah?!

Avos is able to cut paper with the normal scissors (the smallest in ikea's pack of 3 bundle). but hor end up lots to clear cos he's not doing purposeful cutting, juz hold the paper n snip them up into small pieces like making rojak / muah chee :p thru the way he handles a scissor i sense tat he knows where are the sharp blade areas, so didnt tot abt getting a toddler safe one. but i definately keep the scissor not within his reach n will sit with him do the craft together.

Auntie Van

Where did you get that pair of "chopsticks"?? So nice! And EASY to use! Pls tell my mummy where to get :p I want to try using chopsticks too - ying
happy.gif

<font color="0077aa">Avos :
You are certainly very good and skilful with the chopsticks yar?</font>

Van
I didn't know these training chopsticks are so useful. I will get one pair liao! hee...

Pink
These are commonly sold in most departmental stores. I think kiddy palace or kids mall should carry them. Oh, there was a BP for these chopsticks a while ago but did not participate.

Hi Mummies

Van and Shimmrs

Wah, jun4 nan2 and mei3 nu3 out dating in a noodle house???
happy.gif
So cute!...

Shimmrs

Really like Kyla's long hair. She looks very sweet in this hair style.

How's Kyla? sorry to hear that she is down with fever. What happened? Has the fever subsided?

Yes, they do tracing in Pre N and N. On our part, we can teach at home but dun overdo it lest they lose interest by K1 K2... then they will not be attentive in class...may even feel bored when tr asks them to write... That's for our 2+ year olds. For my Ying, I think I need to use this hol to get her to do much more writing... she is going to K1... Just now, asked her to make cards for her trs, got her to write a few simple words... nearly vomitted blood :p

Van

Avos asked to fly back to school? so sweet of him to remember his friends. And he really likes his school ya?

So you will be leaving sg on 11/1?

Same here... once Dorcas gets hold of paper and scissors, will start cutting it into tiny pcs... must give her a plastic container for her to drop the pcs in.

Linda

Dorcas holds the pencil correctly. I noticed she started holding it correctly quite long ago - to my surprise cos ying also could not hold pencil properly till she started pre N. I guess dorcas learned it from ying. She can't write too, but will try to colour within the lines most of the time.

I intro writing when Ying started Pre N. So she was 3 yo. Trace the letters and numbers (those dotted letters and numbers). Dun worry too much about writing. Other aspects of language - related to listening, speaking and reading are all stuffs we can do with them. And then there is Maths - sorting, patterns, shapes, etc. With Dorcas, I ask her to colour most of the time :p.. have not asked her to write anything yet! She is also not keen to learn to recognise the letters of the alphabet leh... Ying was very keen and learned her letters and numbers well at 2+. Hmm... different lor...

Can get scissors for kids at popular. There are those that have blades that are not made of steel but plastic - of course can only be used for paper. There are also small scissors for kids' little hands. These have stainless steel blades but part of the blades is "wrapped" by plastic. When the kids are using scissors, must supervise. Even if they do not cut themselves, they can also cut their hair, etc. sometimes, moments of mischief..

shimmrs

Aiya! Really! commonly sold in deptal stores! :p OK, this shows that I have not been lurking in these stores lately... must go get time-off from my boss
happy.gif

Anyway, thanks!
happy.gif
How's Kyla? I hope her fever has subsided and you don't have to keep waking to check on her throughout the night.

Pink_tulip
I just checked on her. Slightly subsided liao. But have sms-ed both school bus aunty and teacher that she will not be attending the field trip tomorrow.

My guess is she kena the virus during the MRT train ride to Airport.

Wow? Dorcas can hold the pencil correctly? So impressive given that she has not even gone to school yet? She is very smart and attentive hor? Haha.. talking about plastic scissors Kyla got, she gets very fed-up whenever she is unable to cut up the paper becos they are not sharp enough! hahaha.. maybe I will let her try handling a real scissors but the very mini size one. Oops! Cutting her own hair or even my hair? I won't be surprised Kyla will do that! hahahaha....

Very stressed leh! Got to learn tracing the dotted lines so soon??? OH NO!!!

Hi Van
happy.gif
It looks like the kids have enjoyed their lunch together!! How was shopping? Taka selling some winter stuff at quite low prices. Me waiting to buy tory her strawberry sortcake tops at $5.90... but they have no new stock now.

I really must find the time to sit down with tory. Currently she is doing some lines tracing, simple maths and alphabets writing in school. So I thought to continue some lessons at home... Have never tried to do that at home before. So Avos is ok with using a pair of normal sissors?

Hey!! Avos can use the chopsticks?
happy.gif
Me thinking to get a pair when I last saw it too. But hor, tory cannot self feed too well yet, or rather, I cannot tahan to wait for her to self feed.

Hi shimmrs
Oh dear...hope kyla will be better today. Maybe too excited and too long in aircon liao? The weather also lah...

She really very nu ren with her long hair and smile... Daddy must be very happy to hear that Kyla wants to get a pie for him hor?
happy.gif

Oh! If you can, I love to receive the phonics set. Can you PM me the costs and I will transfer to you?
happy.gif
Thanks!

Hi Pink
Yes, that's what I heard also not not "over-exposing" them to school work so tt they won't get bored in classes. A lot of parents teach too advance and the kids end up being over smart and under stimulated in class... So it is true isn't it.

Me thinking of doing the things I have seen in her worksheets. And perhaps some art and craft to pass time... then again hor, till now I STILL have not done anything with her leh... kekeke...very lazy mummy. She is quite keen in worksheets...sometimes she gives me the ones she did in class and ask me to do again.

Dorcas can hold pencil correctly!!! Clever!! Having a jie jie is good hor?
happy.gif

Thanks for the advise... will go popular... I very scared of tory using sissors cos she will cut anything and eveything in sight if she gets her hands on it.

morning mummies,
Vivocity,
Quite crowded even though it was weekday afternoon. NOthing really much unless you are into branded stuff. We only headed for Toysrus
happy.gif

Scissors,
Have tried those plastic ones but doesn't really cut well. Ryan does know how to use the normal metal ones but I don't let him use it as he will use it to open all his presents in the cupboard
happy.gif

He still can't really hold the pencil properly.. still like stabbing fish..even though he knows how to do it.

Van,
The training chopsticks look good but they are quite costly so didn't really get them for Ryan. HB is training him on the normal small size chopsticks.

Mrsshims,
Hope that Kyla gets better soon.
happy.gif
Yesterday we went down to look at the taka toy fair. nothing much for boys.. ended up buying a puzzle for a friend and popcorn for Ryan..coz he insisted on it when he saw it at basment food area.

Back