(2004/02) February Babes

hi mummies,
*phew* we're having a peaceful week without the 'dowager' ard :p

Avos had a fall at the playground today. got a deep cut with 'blueblack' on his inner upper lips
sad.gif
quite alot of blood tat i worried tat its his tooth came off - paranoid mummy ah :p thankfully he has good threshold of pain. he only twitched his muscles a little when i applied bongela for him. felt so heartpain seeing him like tat.

shimmrs,
get well soon...

Gisele,
yup, managed to catch the 7pm show aft waited for my aunt & 2 cousins at bishan the whole aftn. i find the show 'so-so' only, another typical Barney performance. Avos was excited only when the 3 dinos 'pops' out n when waving goodbye. i feel he's a getting bored with the dinos already. kids also know wat's the 'in' thing / trend
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
busy with the 2 gals / gai gai-ing with hb ard?
happy.gif

Linda,
everything's ok? busy? got good news to share?
happy.gif

Hi mommies!

We celebrated my dad's birthday this evening at Jack's Place. Kyla kept insisting its her birthday and ah gong's birthday! *shake head*

Here's what i got from the cinema yesterday. She was sitting on the booster seat provided by the cinema.
596503.jpg

Ruffy
Even I enjoyed the Happy Feet show! I lurve it! The baby penguins are simply adorable! Cannot stop laughing! hahaha...

Gisele
So you are also not feeling well yar? My sorethroat is not getting any better yet
sad.gif

Van
Oh no! So sorry to hear about Avos' fall! I can imagine how painful it was for Avos! Just like how Kyla hurt her lower lip with profuse bleeding the last time when she tried to push the basket on the floor in the supermarket!

Bonjela can be quite painful on the cut. Can try to apply oral aloe vera gel.

Kyla was also playing at the playground this afternoon at IMM. I pulled her out from the group immediately when I saw how the older kids were pushing their way through! Its kinda dangerous for my kids to play with the older children.

Some photos to share at the playground :
596504.jpg

596505.jpg

596506.jpg

596507.jpg

596508.jpg

Hi mummies,
Mrsshims,
Kyla's really having fun at IMM playground
happy.gif
. I boycott that place coz have lot of "older kids hooligans" around.

Van,
Hope that Avos wounds heal quickly. Ryan got another balaku yesterday in school coz he slip and hit himself on the staircase while fussing with the teacher. He could still jump on the chair when we fetch him ... the monkey never learn that it is dangerous..!!!

ruffy_happy / shimmrs,
thanks. i'm glad to see his 'blues' turns red tis morning. the swelling also subsided a little. will continue to use bongela since he sort of likes it. thankfully kan cheong nai nai not ard, else i'm gonna get all the naggings again *sigh* cross my fingers he'll recover by tis sun n he's not gonna tell nai nai wat happened.

he fell when he was trying to follow the big gor-gors at the playground with the monkey acts. well, he learns thru the hard way but he still says will try again next time with more caution n ask for help if it gets really difficult. cannot change the nature of a monkey!

btw mummies,
any idea where can to get such puzzles in 'bulk'? i bought tis from carrefour n saw some at popular. but they didnt have more than 5 pieces n the designs r either bob or barney. hope to get more other designs. intend to get them for Avos' classmates. was thinking if really cant get in bulk will have to start buying loose pieces whenever i see them.

597365.jpg

Van,
not sure about bob the builder etc.. but have seen such puzzle at those HDB mama/stationary shop selling for about $1-$2 per piece.. in bulk ..maybe u need to check out places like the CONCOURSe..where they sell party favours or opposite bugis (the shophouses) there..

Hello!!!

Gisele

Are you well already? Take care!

Van

Avos will heal very fast. don't worry ok? Ying ever fell from a chair face-down, in delifrance, her lips swelled and ulcers formed. The next day, her upper lip was still swollen. VEry pitiful sight. However, the healing was fast.

Really beginning to dread taking the gals out cos they (together) are active and always talking... Taking one alone is fine. Having the two together: they take a longer time to obey, they become more "wild" and noisy... uh... this mummy cannot take it... Told hb, we take turns to go out alone lah.. leave them at home... :p

Re that puzzle
Ruffy is right. Maybe the quality differs. I have no idea where to get that in bulk tho..

shimmrs

I hope you have recovered too! You seem quite prone to sore throat ya?

My heel pain is still bugging me
sad.gif
and I am seeing another ch phy. Not that the one in yishun is not good... just that it did not totally heal and thus I am seeing another one to see how... sigh... signs of ageing??

Yes, the older kids can be very rough and "less sensitive" to the younger ones.. so we as parents have to watch our kids and if need be, take them to another equipment.

I am amazed kyla can sit through a show! My gals cannot leh!

ruffy_happy,
thanks! intend to go concourse with MIL tis weekend for the christmas fittings. will take the opportunity to roam the party shops at level 2
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
yar kids really recover quick for such bruises. juz now apply bongela again can see the red patch gets smaller. but realised there's a blueblack near his lips on his face. aiyo now want to rub his blueblack also cannot, the 'reverse' side is the ulcer
sad.gif

wow, so nice, take turns to go out alone
happy.gif
*envy envy* me looking forward to daddy's return so i can go party with my friends again :p

i feel tat Avos behaves better without daddy ard. wat to do, daddy the 'angel', nag another few times he can get wat he wants.

ur heel still giving problem? still the same aft changing a pair of comfy sandals? so wat did the phy says? not bcos of the age lah... more likely bcos of ur work - frequent standing. or maybe legs too 'flowery'? - juz kidding :p

hi mommies!

Went out the whole day for shopping! My HB bought me a nice bag this year with his bonus! I am so happy and touched!
happy.gif

Pink
Yes, I am very prone to sore-throat because I love to eat curry stuff and fried stuff very much. Despite drinking loads of water, I still kena sore throat very often. FYI - I am a "water-buffalo".

Hee..hee.. just had spicy curry for dinner again! I am the sort who will "yi-du-gong-du" when it comes to makan. Seek remedy afterwards!

Re : your heel-pain
Coincidentally, a good frd of mine also having the same problem. She went for foot reflex this evening. She claimed it helped her quite a bit. Maybe you want to consider giving a foot reflex a try every week, at the same time, see your physician? Getting rather worried & concerned for you leh, still cannot get cured?

Mmm... have you tried wearing TEVA flip-flops? They have very soft cushion-like in-sole. Great for preggies and tired feet. My sis and I had one pair each. They are our all-time favourites! Can go and give a "try on" from any sports shop? Those in black soles.

Ruffy & mommies
Hee.. Err... majiam very steady, I haven't pack yet! Jia-lat! I am so busy going out gai-gai and dun even bother to pack (very guilty)! My hb is departing on Dec7. Our tickets are confirmed liao. Kyla and I will depart on Dec16. Well, i think just pack some cartons of clothes and necessities for 1 month's use. Will return in January to ship all stuff over once our "new home" is found.
happy.gif
How's Ryan's baluku now? Did you apply hirudoid you bought the previous time? Its pretty effective when applied immediately.

Van
Hahaha... Avos likes bongela taste yar? Was worried it can be quite stingy and painful when applied. But, since he likes it, so no worries liao!
happy.gif
Glad to hear that his swell has subsided.
happy.gif

These puzzles sizes are just nice and ideal for young kids to play. Great idea to buy for Avos' classmates!

Van
So heartache to see our children fall hor. Luckily Avos' such a brave boy, didnt cry at all despite the cut & bruises
happy.gif

Pink
I saw at Plaza Sin a shop that customise a slip-on sole for individual to curb heel problem. When I go back to office next week, see if I can get a brochure fr them and send it to you.

Shim
You very 'zai' indeed!!! Still have not started to pack? Are you excited on your relocation? HK is a nice place other than the air pollution. I'm still thinking of my trip, barking hubby to go back again next year or even during CNY this year :p

Is that Ryan sitting besides Kyla at the cinema?

Hi mommies
Tonite Vivocity has fireworks at 8.45pm to mark their official opening
happy.gif

We're going down for sure, hopefully no traffic jam. Jay loves fireworks.

Gisele,
Ryan didn't go paktor with Kyla this week.. anway he is too hyper to sit down and watch a movie show so we don't intend to bring him to the cinema till much later. Today was the 1st day he took schoolbus to school. (MIL accompanied him this morning)..quite cranky but should slowly get use to it.. will cost us about $100 a mth..but better for me as I do not need to rush to send HB and Ryan in the morning and fetch them in the afternoons.
Hope that the fireworks are nice ! If you do take pictures do post them to let us see
happy.gif

Ruffy
Oh! Thought the boy looks like Ryan...pai seh pai seh.
I'm sure Ryan will eventually love to take the school bus, especially when he see other children in the bus with him as well. They can talk and sing together
happy.gif

Did you pay $100 for both way transfer? Is it steep? I rem the last time I paid $55 for 1 way transfer but now the school has absorbed the cost for us.
Did your MIL came down from HK to help you? So nice of her
happy.gif

Shim
So sweet of your hubby to get you a bag fr his bonus. I've received nothing despite civil servant having a better bonus this year
sad.gif

Do you mind to post the pic to show us :p

Gisele,
$100 is for both ways. They pick him up from the bottom of our BLK and send him back to the same place. I think it is a bit costly but beats me driving up and down everyday with 2 kids in tow. The form teacher will be on the bus with them in the morning and in the evening the principal will be on the bus with him..so there is an adult with them all the time.
YEah.. MIL come down for confirnment and look after Ryan till #2 manyue.
happy.gif
She is now reading through those confirnment menu and we are choosing what we want to eat etc..eliminate all those oily/fatty food. She is not too particular about bathing/washing hair etc..coz she know the old traditions don't really apply today and some of the food that they used to eat are considered unhealthy today.
How was the fireworks?

Ruffy
You've a understanding & modern mother in-law
happy.gif
Both my mum and MIL were deceased so I didnt follow the tradtion stuff also. I eat normal food and bath as usual. Most important is hygience since you will be breastfeeding. Share with you something. My sis' fren followed the tradtion way of not bathing for 1 month. End up she has lice on her bottom. Terrible isnt it!!!

Fireworks is nice as usual and lasted about 15 mins. I'm surprised there's no crowd and traffic jam at all.

hi mommies,
sad.gif
My ethernet modem died on me this morning! So sad! Just connected the 'super-slow' 56K dial-up modem to use temporarily for these few days. Can only send in the modem for repair on Monday.

Gisele
I also went to Vivocity to watch the fireworks! Where did you view the display? I was next to Ben & Jerry Icecream. Kyla enjoyed the fireworks display very much too!
happy.gif

Oh, this is the 1ST TIME my hb bought me something using his bonus that's why I am so happy & touched. Err.. even though this is not my favourite brand, I bought it because I needed something spacious and single-sling bag. My bag is BLACK in color.
http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=7189&category_id=768

Ruffy
Oh? Did Ryan enjoy taking schoolbus? I think $100 is reasonable if the distance is far from your place. Kyla's school bus charges $60 for both ways but its only a less than 5-min bus ride.

Pink
Yes, I think I know what Gisele is refering to. YOu may wish to customise your in-sole there. This kind of service is found in some malls. You have probably seen one before.

Morning mummies,
MRsshims,
Nice bag you have. For me..hehe. I e-mail a list of Xmas what I wish to have to HB e-mail.. together with pictures/location where if can be bought and price ..hehe.. hopefully can get all the items on the list.
happy.gif

Ryan did enjoy the bus ride.. yeah..quite far about 30min from my place to Siglap. If you drive is about 15min. .

Gisele/Mrsshims,
good to know that you gals + kids enjoyed the fireworks.. the last time my mum brought Ryan to see the fireworks he was scared of it that he kept turning away.. he is only okay with fireworks on the PC.

We got 2 more Thomas the train puzzle from the JL warehouse sale. NOthing really much there unless you are stocking up on new bedlinen for X'mas and CNY.
Talking about CNY.. dun need to buy new clothes for Ryan liao.. my aunt bought 2 traditional Chinese costume(cotton) from China for him. MIL/MUM bought another 3-4 new set of clothes + he still has 2-3 pairs of shoes not worn as they are still a bit big for him. This year I dunno if we will get to celebrate X'mas..anway it is not really a big celebration for our family as CNY. Have you gals bought your X'mas pressies yet?

Shim
The bag is nice and the size just right as a shopping bag. Lately, this brand is gaining popularity among Japanese
happy.gif

I wanted to get a big bag for myself as well when I take my bonus in Feb. I cant decide what to get - Bagtinolles or Bagtinolles Horizontal. Which one do you think is nicer? http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10885586&SectionID=6000 or http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10885631&SectionID=6000

Ruffy
Ryan has so much love from aunty and in-law. What a lucky boy
happy.gif

My father has 3 grandsons and Jay being the younger one did not get as much attention from my sisters. My sisters and I love & bought so much gift for our first nephew and now when it comes to Jay, they didnt go 'ga ga' over baby anymore. Haiii...
I've bought some Xmas pressie from Crabtree and Evelyn on their annual Sale yest. Quite a good buy if you use their products. Have you put up your X'mas tree? The light bulb on our optic fibre X'mas tree was blown out beyond repairs three days after we hanged up and we're now sourcing for a new one. Most prob we will get a 'real' tree this year to save the trouble of having to dismantle and keep.
We've no plan for X'mas celebration as well.

mummies,
havent bought Christmas pressie for Avos. was thinking if buy toys, it cant be too big / bulky for us to bring back. daddy decided to find him a kitchen set when we return sweden. as from me, since i cant find a suitable toy for him, i'll pay for his crocs flip flops since he likes them so much
biggrin.gif
shall hope the BP order will arrive early, at least in time for me to wrap it up for him.

bought a keypouch for daddy. now sitting on the table (err we didnt get a christmas tree), together with Avos' pressie from my friend. shall wait for daddy's return on Christmas Eve and open them together.

i tot of getting a new wallet for myself n daddy upon knowing willing to pay for me as christmas pressie
happy.gif
happy.gif
wat do u think of the one in silver/khaki/chestnut colour? http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=7461&category_id=317 still comparing with few different brands with full leather instead of partial. any suggestions?

CNY - wouldnt be having new clothes. watever new also covered by the thick suits
sad.gif
unless there's some celebration with the chinese, Avos will get then get to wear his gold colour traditional costume bought by daddy in china when he's only 1YO hahahaha... finally can wear!

Gisele,
i would opt for the Bagtinolles
happy.gif

Gisele,
will agree with Van. The Bagtinolles looks better then the 1st design.
Today got a Billibong sling bag which I will use as a diaper/handbag. $60. It is cheaper then the crumpler that I was initially eying but decided against as don't really want to spend so much on a bag.. if I don't like it can get another one next year hehehe :

We do have a tabletop fiberoptic christmas tree which is still working.. have to take it out of the cupboard 1st.

Van,
I think full leather wallets will look better. I don't really think that the coach one looks that nice. Depends on function/colour you are looking at.

Hi Gisele

Bagtinolles Horizontal
happy.gif

Mummies

Are you all into coach????
happy.gif

My sis who went to London for work in June also bought a coach bag.
happy.gif

Van

I think my sis also has your "targeted" wallet, in black.

I like your choice. I am a "brown" person. :p But in this case, black is also nice.
happy.gif

ruffy_happy,
thanks for your input
happy.gif
still KIV-ing...

pink_tulip,
yar i also like the black but prefers the brown contrast. well, then again black is evergreen. dunno how many years later then i will have the tot of changing wallet again. think my current one serves me almost 10 years! :p

no lah, happen tat my cousin told me tat she can help me to get coach from US direct. in the meantime i'm still looking ard.

Van

Wow! Your current one is 10 years of age. Hmm...sentimental person? practical lady?
OK, then you can consider the black one, classic, and you dun have to worry about it getting stained. Ha ha...but I agree with you that the brown contrast is pretty
happy.gif
Can get direct is cheaper lor. My sis also asked me a lot of times before her trip.

pink_tulip,
rofl.gif
almost lah... dun think a decade liao
lame.gif
yeah, sentimental, practical n lazy person
biggrin.gif
too lazy to hunt for a wallet tat i like, then also very mah fan to transfer the cards, etc.

btw, hb says the black looks better. hmmm...

*sigh* wait for my cousin's reply 1st lah. in the meantime if mummies have any recommendations do let me know, i'm open for suggestions
happy.gif

Hi mommies
Thanks for your comments
happy.gif

Van
I prefer the dark brown one as well, their signature jacquard fabric look nicer in dark brown but black one is more durable I think. Is this the first time you use Coach? Will the print fade off overtime? The LV monogram canvas wallet that I had will
sad.gif

Gisele,
yup, tis will be my 1st Coach product. and yes, monogram print will fade off overtime. no idea abt their signature jacquard fabric
uhoh.gif

mummies,
*sigh* Avos has been very 'yang or' since yest
sad.gif
no idea wat exactly happened but i suspect tat he misses daddy alot. he will constantly talk abt daddy. eg at the bus stop or foodcourt, whenever there's an empty seat, he will say 'daddy sit here'. once we reach home straight aft removing his shoes, he will say 'ok call daddy now'.

hi mommies
My eternet is back! Hahahaha... i am so happy now!!

Gisele
LOL.. Gisele, you are still eyeing on the Bagtinolles? I would opt for horizontal for you. You are tall and slim, can afford to carry both designs.
happy.gif
The vertical will make you look even "longer" and "thinner" if you know what i meant.

Here's my first expensive pressie from my hubby :
kao_babydust.gif

601691.jpg
601692.jpg

601693.jpg
601694.jpg

601695.jpg
601696.jpg

I used the bag last night. I like this spacious bag very much! Even the interior pocket is larger than normal so can sit my wallets inside nicely!

Pink
Me too, lurve brown color, thats why i am a LV lover but LV does not have any design close to this. I am looking for single-shoulder strap.
happy.gif
How's your heel?

Van
For the wallet, I "support" you if you buy from US. Not worth to pay in SG. Moreover, SG do not carry all colors. If you want to pay in SGD, I suggest you get LV (full leather) or GUCCI (canvas) brand. In this case, I opt for the khaki chestnut or black. The black looks nice in actual.
happy.gif
(US price for my bag : $328. SG price : $829) Err... so you decide not to get the kitchen liao?

Mommies
I am thinking of getting the leapfrog table for Kyla to use in HKG. Let me search for the webby to show you later.

Going to take Kyla to IMM to catch Bob the Builder later.
happy.gif

Van,
a few more weeks and HB will be back to spend time with Avos.. he will have to wait patiently
happy.gif

Mrsshims,
Nice expensive present you have
happy.gif
HB always get expensive presents for himself.. have yet to receive anything expensive for me as yet..
happy.gif
Enjoy the Bob the builder show
happy.gif

We watched the looney tune show over the weekend.

PT,
I too would rather have brown or marroon over something in Black.
happy.gif
The billabong bag that I have is brown
happy.gif

shimmrs,
Indeed a nice shopping bag
happy.gif
wow, the price really differs alot. still waiting for my cousin to get back to me... thanks for your input
happy.gif

kitchen - no, not from me but daddy
happy.gif
also wouldnt buy from here. no point to get strained over our baggage weight limit. will hunt for it when we return. there's an online store in denmark selling (they do deliver cross the borders) but now OOS. shall wait n see when we return. daddy was thinking of getting one from little tikes instead (easily purchased from toy r us there) but i feel its too bulky to be kept.

oh! Bob the Builder in IMM daily? any idea until when? can consider to bring Avos there when i'm free.

ruffy_happy,
yeah, whenever he talks abt daddy i will tell him another 3 weeks daddy will be back... juz cannot tolerate his crankiness. last nite he kept walking out of the room, refuse to sleep until i gave up, called daddy on msn videocall at 12am+. he then guai guai stay in bed n dozed off without 5mins.

shimmrs

Hey, happy for you that you rec'd a nice gift from hb this year! More to come, more to come!
happy.gif
happy.gif
This is a nice bag. Spacious and simple. Enjoy using it.

Agree with you that the black wallet in actual is nice too.

You so cool and stylo... not packing yet??!!...

My heel is healing but at a slow rate. I am wear comfy slippers at home now. Physician assures me 2-3 weeks... we shall see how it goes. thanks for your concern
happy.gif

Van

Avos is missing daddy? That's good, as in, it goes to show he is close to daddy too! But dealing with his "yang or-ing" is no joke lor... you will have to press on, while find ways to ease his "si1 nian4".

Ruffy

My hb is giving me an ang pow. As he is not into branded stuffs, he will never ever think of getting one for me...hahahaha... Of course, I can buy one with the ang pow he gives me but hmmm... I "bu she de" leh (maybe at the moment, dunno about next time) If I am working, perhaps I will be more willing to spend on these. So since I am not working, better not splurge. Then again, if hb wants to give something expensive, I might ask for diamonds instead!!! hahahahahahahha

shimmrs

Did your hb suggest this as gift or he asked you to choose?
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
yes, have been 'swallowing' the anger down my throat
angry.gif
*ren ren ren*

see even now his nap time i'm having problem, i've sent him into the room since 1.45pm, now still walking out of the room every 15mins! he requested me to stay in the room with him. i'm still very persistant, dun want to give in, dun wish to start all over again.

really dunno wat makes him behaving tis way. si nian is only my guess. daddy has been calling quite frequent (can ask shimmrs abt it hehehe), n we try to use videocall whenever time permits. shang nao jing again
sad.gif

van

OK, re the nap, you got to "win the battle" - ie. to be persistent. Give in once, and you'll have to start all over again. Ying too has this problem. Always says she wants to wee wee after we have put her to bed - it is an excuse. Sometimes, we give her the benefit of doubt, only to have her coming out the next few days! So we have to be firm. Remember, don't give in ok! I "support" you!
happy.gif
*like shimmrs does*

Why ask shimmrs about your hb calling you often?

I also don't enjoy having the girls at home all the time now that it's sch hols.

pink_tulip,
went to take a peep, he's finally asleep. *sigh* dunno wat time he's gonna wake up liao.

hehe cos the other day when we meet up shimmrs for a few hours, my hb called us at least twice
happy.gif
is like tat lah, absence makes the hearts fonder, moreover he's alone now
happy.gif

seriously i still cant get used to Avos tagging with me the whole day. miss the days when i have tat 3 hours of peaceful, free time for myself. now tot of going for my yearly pap smear also have to wait for daddy to come back. when he misbehaves i rather bring him out, with distractions, both Avos n me have less frustration.

Van

Is it because Avos is not sleepy? Does he wake up late? If he wakes up late, he may take a shorter nap or goes to nap at a later hour.

Did not go out today?

Looks like your hb is missing you and Avos a lot. You miss your hb or not? Ha ha...

Ya, you are right. When my kids were babies, I did not find being at home with them all day that challenging. Now at this stage, uh... i find it harder. I think I should really go to work when they are slightly older.

pink_tulip,
i'm sure he's tired. can see from his expression n also the 'humpty dumpty' cum 'bumper car' pattern. tho he slept at 12am+ last nite, he woke up as usual.

he woke up ard 6pm juz now. we went kovan aft his nap.

my hb misses me alot when he's hungry hahahahah... really leh! he can call me to say he doesnt know wat to cook, ask me to give suggestions
happy.gif
as for me, i appreciate the temporary distance relationship. as i said earlier, absence makes the hearts fonders
happy.gif
with each other's companion day in day out, we tend to take each other for granted.

i cant wait to go work. started to look at the vacancies again. hopefully can get a part time job so i still have half of my day for Avos. if really no part time job available, will request to work from home whenever possible. really hope to do something for myself liao.

Van
Your hubby must have feel so touched that Avo's misses him so much. I will if I'm him
happy.gif
Don't be too stressed up by his 'yanging'...I find it so 'wor xin' leh...maybe I'm not in your shoe that's why I can say that.

Pink
I'm looking forward to the days I need not work and you are thinking of joining the work force. Let's swap lah than you'll know its easier to handle kids than deal with the 'politician' in the office :p
So nice of your hubby to give you 'ang pow' as gift. What do you intend to get for yourself
happy.gif
I feel the pinch to splurge on diamond though. Last year I spent 3k on a pair of diamond ear ring and heart pain for so long, keep thinking actually its better to spent the money on a Rolex..haha

Shim
Yes I still cannot decide which one to get. Headache! One mom I think Bagtinolles Horizontal is nicer and another mom Bagtinolles is not bad too. And now hubby is tempting me to get Prada instead. Really 'chang nao jin'!!!

Dear MoMMies
I arrived IMM at 3.15pm this afternoon. Bob the Builder show just ended unfortunately.
sad.gif

There is only 1 show at 3pm (15mins) from today till friday. Weekends : 3pm & one more other timing. May bring Kyla again tomorrow or day-after to catch the show. Kyla was very disappointed this afternoon.

I am really very happy that my hb "she-de" buy something so pricey for me. I used to spend my own money to buy nice things to reward myself every year during the time when I was still working. The satisfaction is there when I used my own hard-earned $ to buy beautiful things for myself.
happy.gif

Pink
I mentioned to him that I needed one spacious bag from either LV or Gucci. He said ok, go ahead to get it since he got quite a bit more bonus this year. Went to both boutiques, did not like any of the designs until I walked past Coach. Saw this bag and told myself this is the kind of bag i wanted. So came back home, showed my hb the website. He said get the black one, more formal. I already have brown LV, so figured should get black one this time lor. Hee...

In my opinion, I would rather use the anypow to 'invest' in something so that when you look back after a few years, you can still 'see your investment'! Hahaha..

Hey, I also love diamonds leh! *wink**wink*

Van
Aiyo, you and your hb very en-ai leh! I am sure your hb also misses both of you very much or i should say more than you do. Hahaha... ni-zhen-xing-fu leh~!

How's Avos' lips?

Ruffy
Want to go IMM to catch Bob the Builder? Are you already starting to rest at home, preparing for 'popping'? Or still, jalan everywhere?

Gisele,
daddy is happy to know tat Avos keeps talking abt him. he giggled, cos he was in office cannot laugh out
happy.gif

handling a kid may not be as easy as u said hor... being a full time SAHM (without helper) = working 24x7, even sleeping also on stand-by, no lunch break, no off-days or leave, no MC! even doctor gives MC also no one acknowledge... plus household chores r never ending (i juz finish hanging my laundry). all these r the complains n 'sufferings', but seeing a child growing n developing well, behaving to own expectations, hb doesnt have to worry or bother abt the domestic matters, i feel my afford paid off. pai seh so loh soh :p

shimmrs,
thanks for asking. Avos' wound was fully healed on Sat. was really surprised cos he fell on Wed. but there's blueblack near his lips since Friday. looks like a half drawn moustache hehe... kan cheong nainai saw the blueblack yest, 'zoom in' to touch n started asking questions. i answered with a single sentence 'he had a fall at the playground but its ok already'. immediately change a new topic
happy.gif

Van,
Ryan also very "teh" his daddy..when he comes home after school will ask for him etc. I guess it is a boy's thing
happy.gif

MrsShims,
No mood to go and catch shows and shopping now as bb due anytime. Geting quite strong contractions and bad backache nowadays. Today will go down to Gyane to check again. Have already been resting at home since 1st nov
happy.gif
I also like diamonds..but I know he will never buy any more for me liao..coz all those pieces that he bought before I haven't really been using since Ryan was born. Already collected many many pieces from him and PIL( Last time they gave diamond necklace/earings on my birthday when I was his GF).

Gisele,
Handling toddlers 1 on 1 is not really that easy.. when they were babies it was much better..now need so much enegry to keep pace with them.. I think you surely won't mind my type of job..can try both SAHM and FTWM one after the other..so won't get too bored of being either
happy.gif

I personally would prefer to be FT SAHM then FTWM coz I really hate the office environment.

Gisele

Hmmm. whatever I want to say, Van has said it all! Hahahaha...

I did not quit my job because I did not like to work. I left my work cos I think my kids need me during their few years and I would really like to be the one (with my hb) to build their foundation, inculcate values and bond with them. When they start spending so many hours in school, I dun think I want to stay at home liao. I suppose I can coach them in their work when i return from work. Housework will have to wait, or sub-contracted. Do you know that I missed working life a lot after quitting my job? I dreamed and would wake up feeling a kind of "loss".

It is not easy to work and juggle family. Neither is it easy to be a SAHM without a helper. I have zero personal space and time! I tell my hb that at least at work, while he is at his cubicle, or having lunch, or travelling to work, you get this personal space and some peace. At home, I am "bombarded" by my kids' needs and wants all the time, and then also have to do the household tasks... I sit down to read papers, this gal needs this... I want to surf the net, the other girl needs that, when I am in the kitchen, both girls are squabbling, etc etc... got to occupy their time meaningfully to prevent restlessness but very hard leh... need a lot of discipline and energy. Sometimes, my patience just runs out. It will be better when they are older, cos then they will be occupied with their own activities, they will also be more mature and settled (maybe by then, we mummies will be feeling upset that our kids do not talk to us anymore!! what an irony!) But now with my kids at this preschooler stage, I would say, a lot of work. AND I tell you, it is definitely easier to care for a baby. That's why when I had one baby, not much "complaints", when I had one toddler and one baby, I complained a bit more, now I have a preschooler-to-be and a preschooler, I complain a lot! Even to the extent of not wanting to complain (that's when you see me MIA in this forum... too tired and too frustrated). And when I am not well, things just get worse lor...

I will work when they start spending hours away from home in school. There is a time for everything. There will be a time I should do something for myself. And of course the extra income will serve the family well. hahahah...

Oh ya, when one works, the hard work is often recognised by superiors and rewarded in forms of promotion and bonuses. One gets job satisfaction, encouragement and recognition. The hard work and tears of a FT mother hor... not seen by anyone (if it is just the mother and kids at home) and rewards are often intangible and even so, they won't come immediately or in the short-term.

That said, I think how tough the job of a parent also depends on the personality and ability of the child. I have two. My elder one is very challenging and it makes my job really tough. If I have only one (i.e. Dorcas), I will be coping fine. If I have only Ying, I will also cope ok. But caring for the duo is really a challenge. I have never seen myself so short-tempered before, not even during the stressful periods when I was working. So I always tell my friends in church, while here I am trying to teach my kids and mould them, I myself am being moulded and changed. *sob sob*

shimmrs

Kyla was disappointed. I hope she has managed to catch it today!
happy.gif

Van

I forgot... So your hb has to cook his meals.. that makes the separation worse. Hmm... yep, absence makes the heart fonder.
happy.gif

a part-time job will be good for a start. You will have time for avos. Some extra $ for your online shopping... hahahah..

Gisele

I don't think I will get anything with the ang pow. Will save it lah... maybe when i see something I really like, then I will get
happy.gif

pardon me for being so lor soh in my prev posting. :p

Ruffy

Your scheduled C section is on the 13th ya? So fast... another week or so. Take short strolls but dun over-tire yourself. So all prepared??
happy.gif

Gisele

Got to add that if I were to turn back the clock, I will still choose the same arrangement for their early years... Maybe I will space out my second kid a little later though... so that the elder one gets a little more attention and also she is older/more 'dong shi' when the sis comes along.
happy.gif

Mummies

Took Dorcas to polyclinic for her chicken pox jab today. I prepared her mentally and she was very cooperative and at ease... until the nurse inserted part of the needle! She wailed and screamed... never before ok, in the past, she usu did not cry during jab. And if she cried, it was just for a few seconds. Just now, she was screaming and wailing so loudly and for quite a period of time. I was NOT prepared for it.
embarrassed.gif
Took her to get a packet of MILO in an attempt to pacify her and distract her... after the drink, cried again :p Until 15 min had passed and the nurse checked the injection site and took off the plaster (the plaster was bothering her too, made her feel more pain :p).

Hope she will not experience any side-effects.

Hi mommies
Finally took Kyla to watch Bob the Builder this afternoon at 3pm. To MY disappointment, it was only 15mins of interaction with the audiences and nothing more, no performance, dance or anything! The main thing was to spend $30 in the mall to queue up to take ONE PHOTO (with our own camera) with BOB! Anyway, Kyla was happy and contented liao! Kept singing, "Bob the builder, can you fix it?" on the way home! LOL!!!

Pink
I really pei-fu you for being able to cope with 2 toddlers without any help. I dun think I can ever be in your shoes!

Oh? chix pox jab? I think Kyla will also fuss if I were to bring her for a jab now even though she also does not usually cry during injections.

Mommies
I will be there in HKG till CNY. Will return to SIN during CNY follow by major move of stuff to HKG. At the meantime, I am going to be there without my computer. So I may MIA from this thread for a long while. However will try to log in whenever possible.
happy.gif

PT,
prepared all the stuff liao
happy.gif
Hope that Dorcas gets over her chicken pox jab. Ryan was okay with it when he took it last time coz it was administered by a male GP. He also had no problem when he took the prevenar vacine earlier this year.

Mrsshims,
looking forward to your HK trip? There are many internet cafes in HK which you can pop into
happy.gif

Hello mummies
Oh dear, my small remark has causes so much outpour from all of you. Sorry sorry, I must be ignorant to think that it is more ideal to be SAHM. I've overlooked the fact like what Van has mentioned, MC also no one acknowledge.

PT
I can comprehend what you've said. It's really tough to handle 2 toddlers with no help at all. That's why i always emphasis you're a superb mum. I feel differently when you said to handle a baby is easier than to handle a toddler. To me, I enjoy motherhood more when Jay turned 18 months. He can tell me what he wants and why he wailed unlike baby. That's why I don't mind to stay at home to care for him now. But then again, it is hard for me to give up my job as I would like to save as much as possible for retirement.

Hi mommies
Can I ask your opinion pls. Do you think is too late to have second child at age 38? When you're 50yo, the kid will only be 12yo? And yes, that old lady is me
sad.gif

Hi Gisele!

No, me not superb... me very impatient and short-tempered...
sad.gif

You are not the only one who says that. My friend also says that she does not enjoy the baby stage. She likes them >1yo. I told her I prefer the baby stage... Show me a chubby baby and I will go "drooling"... and the idea of having a 3rd kid will re-surface for a while. Hee... I guess it boils down to our own temperament and preferences
happy.gif

Are you thinking of having another one?
happy.gif
If yes, why not? If yes, don't wait liao. I believe you will cope fine when the time comes.

Back