(2004/02) February Babes

Hi Van,
My condolences to the passing of your HB's grandmother. Gd to know that Avos is not fussing and adapting well back here in Sg.

Mrsshims,
YEah..waiting for you to set a date.
happy.gif
. Ryan has stopped swimming for a few weeks due to the haze.

Hi Pink
Hubby didn't say much... he just say the rate i go, the next time he comes back from another trip, his wish will become a pianto.
lame.gif

Hi Van
Condolences to your family.

Hi Ying,
Wow, so you will be busy busy!

Hi shimmrs
Will be glad to turn up for your invite next mth.

Hi mommies
will appreciate any contribution on this...

My gd fren living nearby who know abt tory's attending CC next year, had so kindly offered to babysit tory at her place. Or rather, her mum and maid offered
happy.gif
We were on very good terms with their family and they have a girl 3 mths tory's junior and is tory's regular weekend playmate.

She only say 3 things - 1) pay her mum/maid lesser than CC. 2) her parents go for holidays kind of often so maid will care for 2 kids alone. 3) If tory sick, I will care for her myself.

I cannot believe it... such kindness and love from another non-family... even a maid!
happy.gif
Tory is really blessed.

My concerns -
Cons
1) Will it ruin friendship over a long run if the two kids fight? They do sometimes and ashley (their girl) can often cry when tory snatches her stuff. But ashley's mum is really nice abt it, she often says ashley will have to learn abt "life" when they fight.
happy.gif

2) I pai seh to trouble others over my family issues.

3) How we parents and the grandma in charge handle rivalry? My way would be to give in to ashley all the time but is this healthy for tory?

Pros
3) The grandma at home is english educated and loves children. I think she will love tory much more tt teachers in CC.

4) Tory gets home cooked nutritional food and guranteed love.

5) Ashley's mum works late so I reckon they won't expect me to pick up my girl at 7pm sharp too... so I won't have to rush like madness after work. Tory will continue her schooling as prior arranged at the church kindy with ashley.

6) It's nearer walking back from her house then from my mum's if tory would be placed in CC.

So what say you mums? A part of me jump at this opportunity yet something holds me back...I just wonder if i shld trouble them. HUbby is all for this and in fact he says he expected it....

Hi Mummies
HB back from HK early this morning. 1st comment is why the dinning table so messy with so many of Ryan's story books. Told him if you don't like it you clean the table yourself lor. He can even reply like that he can enjoy himself more in HK..dun need to come back so soon. So pissed off with him.. think it is so easy to take care of his son and house eh. Retorted back..ur son make it messy u get him to clean it up himself. I'm not his maid!!. Can spend hours at night playing computer games..can't even get his butt off to help to keep the house clean.
As if he will give me the cash readily to pay for part-time maid.( Last time when we had one have to REPEATLY remind him for payment).
Next mth when his mum come down sure to complain to her how lazy her son is and unwilling to help me keep the house clean.
angry.gif

Ryan received so many Thomas the train items from MIL/ activity books, storybooks, playmat, puzzles, games, stationary, cutlery. FIL bought some LEGO toys ( not age suitable)so store them in the cupboard 1st.

Linda,
Well.. It depends on how you guys agree to the disiplining of the kids. I don't agree that Tory has to give in to Ashley all the time as she may not be in the wrong for every situation. Of course she will have to learn to share and take turns.

Will they be doing other activities at home or it is just let them watch VCD? Play toys.. while all formal learning is done in church kindy?

Are their house rules for kids in line with what you want to teach Tory?

Will Tory be comfortable? IF she doesn't behave how will she be disciplined? Will they re-inforce the techniques/methods that you use and not spoil her like your MIL - ie: carry and feed her etc.

Nowadays some of the CCs are quite flexible and will open till 7.30pm-8.30pm. but of course depending on the one you are looking at.

You will really have to sit down and discuss all this factors before you decide where to put Tory.

meiii

How are you? Hope you are ok.
happy.gif

shimmrs

ya, you MIA for a little little while, and I guessed you were busy with your BP!
happy.gif

Van

How are you these few days?
happy.gif

That day when you smsed me, I was at the airport sending my parents off. They are in china on hol now.

Wow, Avos is really sensible and guai.

So days since arriving in sg have been eventful and busy for you and family?

Linda

Hello!
It is very sweet and thoughtful of your friend to offer.
happy.gif

Just my thoughts...

If I were you, I would not take up the offer cos

- they WILL fight (just like siblings/friends do) and granny and maid (she being hired by your fren) would prob have this soft spot/sense of duty/love for their own (your fren's child). And it is harder for them to be OBJECTIVE, I think.

- it is very hard for them to discipline Tory cos where do they get the authority? They will find it hard to command respect and obtain compliance from Tory cos they are neither trs, parents, grandparents etc.

- should they discipline tory, would you mind? You may not mind at first, but what if the incidents get too frequent? Then will spoil friendships/ relationships...

- should they not be willing/able to discipline tory, would you mind?

- then since you two are good friends, it can be very hard for you or your fren to raise issues.. can be quite sensitive... it's like your child vs my child... and in this case, not your fren who is taking care..but her mum and maid.. hmm...
like a lot of parties are involved.

JUST my two cents worth of opinion... hope you do not mind my honesty.

Ultimately, you and hb are the ones who know best!
happy.gif

Ruffy

Cool down... cool down... must communicate... calm down first, then find a chance to tell your hb your needs and understand his.
happy.gif

hi mommies!

Yes, very busy with BPs. Got time to update BPs but not enough time to post in this thread! So sorry!!!

I am quite glad over some small thing today! Thought of sharing with you even though its something really too small to be happy about lah!

Hahaha.. Kyla surprised me by coloring within those pictures shown here :
549266.jpg

She used to color the whole area in messy strokes which will made the picture looked rather messy and definitely not within each object. But today, I noticed so much improvement in her coloring! I am
happy.gif
! Even though the clouds are not supposed to be in yellow color! At least she chose the right color for the trees, hahaha... the red rainbow strip is colored my me to show her a sample before she started.
happy.gif

Ruffy
Cool down. I understanding its frustrating to hear such comments from your hubby the first thing he stepped into the house and plus he just returned from HKG. I can also understand you are carrying another baby inside you and at the same time need to jagar Ryan. Pls take care, dun get worked up too much during this period. OK?

mommies
I will come up with 2 dates in early November for you to choose to come to my place. Got to also check with my hubby when will the renovation complete in our HKG apartment so that we can start to pack and get the moving professionals to assist. I am only concerned my place will be in a mess when you all come. Will be so embarassing for me.

Linda
Err.. its kind of your good friend to offer to babysit. But from my point of view, if i were you, i will consider a few pointers here :
1. Is this friend of mine a petty person?
2. How much cheaper to pay compared to CC?
3. Even though Kyla has not been to a CC, but i heard both good and bad reviews. Is it true CC teachers will also teach our children in the CC? If yes, is better to put Tory there as she will get extra education and at the same time learning independent survival skills.
4. No matter how nice Ashley's grandmother or the maid is, on the long run, they will definitely not tolerate if Ashley is the one who ended up crying a lot whenever they play together.
5. Its also pai-seh for me to say anything I dun like or disagree with the way they handle my child. Eg.: food, sleeptimes, hygiene, disciplinary methods, etc...

Well, Linda, ultimately its up to you and your hubby to decide what's best for Tory. YOu all know your good friend and her family members better than we do.

Maybe I am not very good at expressing in 'nice' words here, and I hope you dun mind me saying all the above. hee..

Thank you all mummies for your comforting words & support.
I am still ok, cant say much here yet .
I promise to come back here in happier times.
Take care !!!!

Hi meiii
Great to see your posting. Look forward to you coming back to our thread soon!

Take Care & Stay strong!!!
happy.gif

hi linda,

it is really a tough decision for u. have to see how close you are with your friend and what kind of character she, the grandma and maid is like. also have to see if the house environment is good for Tory? actually i dun see a bad thing since Tory should be less likely to get sick compared to CC where there are so many kids.

On the other hand also have to look at the CC. have u seen how the teacher handle the kids? what is the teacher-to-student ratio? if one teacher is to handle so many kids then quite tough if Tory is there. i prefer kindergarten so quite a good thing if Tory goes to school with Ashley in the morning. afternoon come back eat lunch, take a nap and then play together. in this way you can sort of get the routine u wanted.

you continue to weigh the pros n cons. though i must admit about troubling other ppl and what other mommies have mentioned above may happen too.

Hi mummies,
PT/Mrsshims,
feeling better liao.. cleared out my table in school hopefully don't need to go back there again..hahaa
happy.gif

HB starting new job next week. Ryan starting new school in 2 weeks time

Mini,
so is Jon going to CC or Kindy next year?

hi mummies,
finally feel a little relax at home... tho still having a thick coat of dust on my windows n some hidden corners :p

pink_tulip,
we're fine
happy.gif
Avos starts to get used to the noise n crowds. think for the 1st few days horrified him with the noise 'pollution' n too many 'new' faces trying to get close to him. can imagine at a food court during lunch, he said "mummy so many people!". off n on he will use his hands to cover his ears saying "so loud / noisy". i'm the kampong soh, he's the kampong kia
happy.gif

yes, has been eventful... tmr will continue our shopping for the wedding. i aimed a shirt, trouser n tie for Avos at Gap in vivocity. if time permits, will make a trip down tmr. dying to have a haircut now! hehehee...

next week i will be free except thurs. will be going JB with my SIL's ILs. if u r free to meet up for our loots, juz give me a buzz yar
happy.gif

shimmrs,
if i'm not wrong, these movers are supposed to do the packing for u... even when arrived ur apt in HK, they r supposed to unpack everything for u too. last time we dunno, do our own packing end up movers arrived so happy, juz seal the boxes. dun get too stressed up with the packing yar, tho i can understand how tedious it can be.

Linda,
mummies have contributed alot re Tory's alternative cc arrangement. not sure how good ur relationship with ur friend is, but if this happens to me, i wouldnt accept the kind offer. dont wish to spoilt the friendship over some kids issue. frequent playmates with both parents ard can be different with daily 'class'mates.

ruffy_happy,
glad tat u voice out to ur hb instead of bottling them up
happy.gif
maybe can try to delicate some chores to him, some guys needs to be 'instructed' on wat to do.

Hi mummies,
Try to 'pop' in here once in a while.. How's everyone doing? Kinda having a long weekend this week with the two public holidays. Any plans coming along? Just started on my pre-course tutorials. The going gets tough.. but nevertheless, will pursue to the end!

shimmrs
Great job Kyla for colouring within the pictures! I am also training my children to colour within the picture.. most of them manage to do pretty well, except for a few younger ones. How's Kyla holding the pencil/colour pencils? There's a few stages of how a child holds a pencil from 1 yr till 3-4 yrs to correct them to the 'suitable' stage for their age group. Will load the pics when I am free.

Linda
In my opinion, I would not leave my child at your friend's place.. Afterall, feel 'pai seh' leaving the kid at your friend's place and should any accidents happen, things may sometimes go wrong. It's good that you list out the pros and cons. So what's your decision?

Ruffybear
Is Ryan getting excited for his brother in a few months time? I heard that some parents get the older child exchange gifts with the new baby, vice versa, so that it's like a good harmonious start between the two siblings.

meiii
Do take care of yourself.
happy.gif

Van
Condolences to your family. Didn't see you 'around' these few days, reckon that you are busy..

pink tulip
Kinda miss your girls' pics. hehe..
happy.gif

hi mommies!

Mui
Hope you are reading this ...
Nice meeting you for the 1st time at RP this evening! How's debbie sweetie? Would you like to join in our gathering early next month?

Van
Yes, my hb told me the movers will pack the stuff for us in the professional way but still we have to pre-pack them in order. Except for the furniture, we will have to leave them to the movers. How was your packing done previously?

Do young children adjust to new environment easily? Did you face any difficulties in the initial period? Hope to hear some experience from you.

So did you manage to get any good deals in VivoCity? I went there on the 2nd day opening. It was more like a tour for us, no serious shopping on that day though. Its difficult to shop when my HB is around.. hahaha... I prefer to go shopping alone. keke...

Ruffy
Oh yeah? So the day has finally arrived for you! hee... good that your hb found a new job! Enjoy your pregnancy & spending time relaxing at home! ENjoy this period before your no.2 pops!

Mini
How have you been? Care to show some Jon's recent photos with us? Are you interested to join in our gathering early next month? Hope to have you here!
happy.gif

Linda
Have you made your decision where to put Tory under care?

Ying
Hee.. I noticed the improvement in her coloring too. Not sure its the credits of the new teachers in TumbleTots or its Kyla who improved in her fine motor / coloring skills over time? She is still holding the crayons or color pencils in the full grasping way though.

Oh, mommies, forgot to update you on Kyla's first day on the school bus...

She absolutely love to take school bus! Actually I was against the idea of letting Kyla take school bus before but becos of the foggy haze, i decided to let Kyla take the transport for this month considering also the distance is so short. Only takes 3mins to reach school! She is the last to be picked up from home and 1st to be sent back!

She is looking forward to going to school ever since she started taking the transport. She will say, "mommy stay at home, kyla big, can go myself. i like school bus, i like school bus auntie!"

So whenever the school bus arrives to pick her up, she will call out "Auntie" loudly when the door of the mini van opens! LOL!!!

Hi meii
Glad to know you are fine. Do come in when u can.

Hi ruffy
Cool down!! Men r such creatures... Dun let it get to you . Look forward to staying home with 2 kids!!!
happy.gif

Hi pink, How's the heel? Ur parents visiting which part of China?

Hi shimmrs
Wow!! Good job Kyla did! Tory also colour her pics like abstract drawing like that, with no care to the borders or whatsoever... maybe then again, i never taught her to. hahaha... me horrid mum.
It is great that Kyla likes the bus!! Another load off your mind yes?

Hi Mini,
Thanks for the advise, how is Jon?

Hi Van
HAHAHAHA.... kept in 'wilderness' too long lioa ah??
happy.gif
Can imagine the serenity you guys enjoyed over there. Send us a pic of Avos in his smart suit yes?
happy.gif
Had any yummy food already?

Hi mommies
Thanks for all the pointers
happy.gif
I have not decided yet cos have not spoken properly to Ahsley's mummy.

I am only worried abt the pai-seh part as well as the probability of misunderstandings. But hubby says that he rather sacrifice his "face" then to sacrifice tory and i agree with tt. We owe their family a favour and we just have to return this favour in ways that we can.

Their culture, lifestyle, environment(ie hygience, non usage of vulgar language, proper meals, choice of food) is very similar to us or even better. Grandma is a ex-nurse! So tory should be comfy and happy there with someone watching Hi-5 and dancing with in a nice environment.

As for the misunderstandings part, Ashley's mummy is a very nice person, very objective and kind, I hope we will be able to sort things out if it shld happen. I dun know the grandma really well but from my visits, we share similar thinking abt raising children. In any case, I will be telling her tt my childcare option will still be open and tt at any point of time should she or the grandma feel tt it is better for tory to go CC instead, I will do so. I won't take it as "must be permanent thing".

We also feel that this arrangement should be temporary until hubby's company is more stablised, then we might consider getting a maid and/or me staying home since even for the next one, we won't be expecting 'internal' help liao.

I only hope tory behaves herself but I will not rule out discipline by ashley's grandma. Becos discipline happens at home as well. Me and hubby believes tt if we let someone care for our child, it will be up to the caregiver to discipline her. I hope tory will be able to understand that the grandma is Por Por - alike her own, someone who is of "higher" rank.
happy.gif
Understanding their family, I firmly believe that they will not abuse that trust.

However, everything is still undecided before i speak with ashley's mum. hehehe... i asked her to let the maid and mum think it over for a while more. Maybe the grandma decided not to afterall?
wink.gif

As for fees wise, we are willing to pay as much as what we will be paying for CC abt $500 minus her kindy fees. I think it is not much n i hope to compensate by buying the ingredients ie fish, scallop, kids snacks or rice as often as I can. I dun think they are out to earn money so I hope tt they can accept my suggested fees.

Thanks all the mummies and non-mummy (hahahha ying, get 'promoted' soon ok?) for all the pointers you have analyse for me. WIll keep them in mind and see how does it turn out.

hi mommies!!
Such a boring day for me today! My HB will only be back close to mid-night due to delayed flight ex-HKG ~ again! Sigh!

Nothing to do, took some photos of Kyla while trying on her new ON outfit I just collected from the sprees.

Pink
Funny leh, remember Kyla had to wear a kids' size 4 or 5 for gymboree apparels? But this time I got size 3T from ON for Kyla and she fits into them nicely!

550861.jpg
550862.jpg
550863.jpg
550864.jpg
550865.jpg
550866.jpg
550867.jpg
L@@K, mommy! Same glasses like mommy's! Same!

shimmrs,

I just love the way Kyla poses.. like a super model. She just such a lovable face. Did you ever send her pictures for kiddos competition? Can prepare her for 'The Next Top Model'..
kao_sticktongue.gif

hi mommies,

thanks for your concern. jon is fine and has been a talkative and playful boy. MIL still takes care of him when i go work n he will only go sch next jan. for me finally NIE workload getting lesser. in fact from this wk onwards i only need to go sch 1-2 times a week. really thankful for that as can spend more time with jon. but next yr sure a very busy year.

ruffy,
jon will go to Josiah 3hr morning programme next jan. very limited choice for us as we not in favour for him to take sch bus n we prefer kindergarten compared to half day CC. so our only choice is Josiah as it is still within walking distance from MIL house. somemore he kept saying he wanted to go back to his old sch (josiah) as he has good memories there. like tat think he will adjust to there easier.

ruffy, so fast u are on leave already? tot schoo term has not end yet?

mrs shim,
nice photos of Kyla! she is so sweet looking
happy.gif
will post some pics of jon later as need to resize n i m not sure how to do it. will ask hubby to resize for me. hmm.. right now cant confirm if can go for the gathering or not. will try my best to. update me on the date n time ok?

linda,
think u and me are in similiar situation where we both have to work n currently MIL takes care of our kids. no choice MIL will tend to spoil them. even my MIL also n i cant really stand her way of caregiving. no choice as i reckon that letting her take care is better than going to CC. hope u can sort out where to put Tory soon.
happy.gif
yar i agreed to keep CC option open so that anything not right u can just enrol her in.

Hi mommies!!
OOps! Didn't realise I distorted this page! Should have remembered to bring every 3 photos to the next row! So sorry to cause inconvenience to scroll the page to the right to read the posts! Will ask CL to help to re-position the photos.

Dearie
Thanks for the generous compliments but she is super chor-lok, cannot be model lah! hahaha.. some more she has short legs like me! LOL!!

Linda
HAHAHAHA... I laughed when I saw PIC 3 too! I asked her to turn around, that's what she did! Aiyo! Her pi-gu!

Mini
I have a feeling Jon can talk very well by now! Yes, pls share his recent pixs soon! We missed looking at his pics after so long! And yes, will keep everyone updated here on the dates available for our gathering.

Mini,
not waiting till term end to take MC ( still can take 20 days /30 day yearly allowance mah)
happy.gif

Anway cleared out my desk liao..heeh
happy.gif
no intention of going back to school. Whatever needs to be taught to them has been taught liao.. 2 weeks time is exam. next week they are only going to school on wed/thurs coz Mon (1/2) day for Muslim students, tues public holiday. Friday holiday in lieu of deepavali
happy.gif

Good to know that Jon is looking forward to attending Josiah school. I think it is quite a good place just that not sutiable for my needs. He will go to CC (Siglap) from 1st Nov.. meanwhile he will be on holiday with me..
happy.gif

Hi Shimmers,
Wow! Nice photos of Kyla indeed. I would like to ask..i saw the same sunglasses from Gymboree and thot of buying one each for my daughters..4 and 5 years old..do you think they will fit into one?

Rzz
Thanks for your compliments. Yes, that's size 4 I bought from GYMBoree. This size should fit your both daughters. They are too big for Kyla liao! hahaha... She is only 33mos.

Hi Mummies

Van

So funny! The way you described yourself and Avos... kampong soh and kampong kia... I can imagine how quiet/peaceful the place you live in is
happy.gif

How was shopping at vivocity?

I will contact you one of these days to see if you are at home... I'll go to your house to pass the loot to you as well as collect mine. Must pay you too!

Linda

My heel is better but not totally well. Thanks!
happy.gif

My parents went to Kunming, Dali etc... returning tonight.

shimmrs

I like the 5th photo...kyla smiled so sweetly! Nice tank from ON!
happy.gif

Ying dearie

What course are you doing? It's good that you are challenging yourself... will be busier from now on!
happy.gif
Jia you!

hi mummies!

shimmrs,
i like the pix with Kyla's hair down
happy.gif

we brought minimum for the move. total of 14 carton boxes, no furnitures. so we actually packed all the stuff we want into the provided boxes, tho we're supposed to leave the packing for the movers. the guy who delivered our boxes was alone. driver cum delivery man... we see him so tired aft climbing up 3 flrs for all our 14boxes all by himself, we let him go aft he put our cartons in the appropriate room.

my friend who moved recently didnt do any packing. the movers went to their place for the accessment - so they know wat's the appropriate shipping mode. on the day of appointment movers did all the sorting n packing, incl when the shipment arrived. movers unpacked n place them in the right places. but maybe it varies from movers' co?

i personally feel its easy for a young child to adapt a new environment compare to an adult. Avos was easy when we moved, probably he's still quite young (14mths). no problem (except for 4 days for him to get over jetlag) when we return sg last year. tis year no problem with jetlag but he few days ago started to say tat he wants to return sweden now...
uhoh.gif
so far my experience with Avos, when he was younger, easy to adapt, more needs n lesser wants when travel. now as he grows, needs a little more encouragement when comes environment change, has more wants than needs
happy.gif
in any case, i believe tis is on individual child's character, maybe Kyla will be happy flying between sg n hk with u?
happy.gif

Linda,
end up Avos wears a short sleeve shirt n jeans to open gu zhang's car door
biggrin.gif
i decided not to waste money on long sleeves end up with him perspiring until 'chou chou' n grumpy. same for the banquet, he wore a short sleeve shirt paid by gugu
happy.gif

we still cannot adapt to the climate. the moment we're out of an aircon place, Avos' hair will starts to get WET. brought him to the birdpark today, can see droplets on the back of his neck - he wore a tank top...

pink_tulip,
i went home empty handed on our 1st trip to vivocity. hb aimed the 'giap toe' crocs sandal for Avos but i'm still KIV-ing. will make another trip down for shopping again
happy.gif

no problem, contact me if u going to pass by my place. err money ah, i cant remember how much liao leh... my HM invoice not in tis pc. u still have the calculation?

ruffy_happy,
enjoy the 1 to 1 time with Ryan b4 #2 pops!
happy.gif

Hi shimmrs
Kyla will be a top model if you allow her to! She is just so natural in her poses.
happy.gif

Hi Pink
Hopefully your heel will improve with time. My mum just commented that regular tui-na really helps. She suffered from knee joints pain after she came back from China a mth back and cos she will leaving for Australia tomorrow, she very 'hardworking' go tui na every week for a full mth and she says now she climbs the stairs without pain. Takes time.

Hi Van
HEhehe... like my nephew says "air con is good" everytime he goes to Australia, he doesnt like to come back cos "there everywhere got aircon".
Show us some pics yah?

Hi mummies
Today will be last day of my "SAHM" for the time being... MIL went for a holiday.
Thought I would be bored to tears and fighting with tory all the time. But I kind of enjoyed it and so does tory! She loves it when I fetch her from school and all my porridge gets eaten!
happy.gif
And I could connect with her better, sense her moods better. Kind of proud. hehehehe... So much so tt I m considering working part time AHAHAHAHA.... But hor, I think I got to work, after these few days, feel 'yellow' liao. Not used to it I guess.

mommies
So sad not able to get enough mommies to join in the BP for mini pizzas from Amosco. I wanted to order that for our kiddos during our gathering!
sad.gif
Only eclairs and seafood pizzas are available for our gathering. Err.. actually I can provide the makan & drinks, dun have to bring any food to my place. Will fry some nuggets/french fries for the kiddos, so should be enough for us hor? Just come with your kiddos and get merry!

So sorry for the inconvenience of scrolling this entire page to the right whenever you need to read the posts! Pai-seh! Somemore flooded so many photos in one ROW!!!! Have highlighted to the Mods to help to re-adjust the photos...

Linda
Are you seriously considering getting a part-time job? hee..

Van
Mmm.. ok, thanks so much for your valuable input on the packing job! Appreciate it. For us, we may need to ship our bed over since the apartment comes totally unfurnish. Will buy the rest in HKG.

Pink
Sorry to hear that your heel pain has not totally subsided. Btw, have you gotten your birkenstock sandals? Do they help to ease your walking discomfort?

Linda,
having fun being SAHM eh
happy.gif
... once in a while is a gd change from FT working for you.

Mrsshims,
don't think it is advisable shipping your bed over there.. can easily buy from the shops there.. must know where to go shopping for furniture over there..they do not have warehouses so mostly store bought from catelogue. HB had his bed custom made to fit the room. Most of them have to get custom made stuff.. there are also many HK$10 shops around where you can get household accessories quite cheaply. MIL also in the midst of packing up the house as they intend to do a major renovation as the place is quite old liao.

PT,
hope your heel get better soon.. does the new scholl shoes help?

Van,
The weather these few days are unusually hot..even Ryan gets very sweaty being outside. There is another croc shop at Marina square.. they also sell those type of crocs u are looking at.
happy.gif
Will KIV crocs/vivocity for next year.. ryan still can wear his yellow ones so will only get another pair once he outgrows the 2-3 new pairs of shoes that are sitting in the cupboard. These few weeks he is into sports shoe (wear with socks). He only uses crocs to go to school.

Linda

Yellow?! Dun say that... a few of us have been SAHMs for a while... so we dark yellow liao... :p *pulling your leg*

Glad that you ENJOY spending time at home with tory.
happy.gif
Maybe you can consider working for your hb (thus, part-time, or flexi-time) and still be able to jagar Tory and subsequent darlings!

shimmrs

ya! Angry with you leh.... got to scroll left and right, up and down....

hahahaha just pulling your leg... no worries and pls, no need to ask mod to make changes lah... a few more postings and this page will be archived...

Birkies have not arrived... not so soon I think... been wearing the scholl slip-ons everyday... they are comfy and give support/cushioning to my heels. My heel pain does not hinder my walking now... initially, I limped whenever I got up from rest. It's less painful now and I can walk properly. But dare not resume exercise for fear of relapse. Will give my heel more time.

Van

Have you been to Marina Sq? There is another Croc Shop. There are many shops at MS too.. and less crowded... been to vivocity once and I did not walk around much... intimidated by the crowds, noise and my two gals... :p

Mummies

I do not really enjoy going out with my girls lately. They bounce, jump, run and shake... maybe I must adjust my expectations... i lose all shopping mood when the two gals are so bouncy and active. I walk into a boutique only to exit minutes (or seconds!) later...

Hi shimmrs
Wow, the bed bed to shift over is kind of major yes? Maybe like what ruffy mentioned, can see if there's other plans available.
Hey!! Already very thankful for your offering your house for the gathering, no need good food.
happy.gif

Hi ruffy
Yeah, like what you mentioned, once in a while is good, just wondering how it will be if for long run... I was my usual 'efficient' self in the office today, by the time I re-orientate myself, it was 3pm!
sad.gif
Tons of work piling up but i find tt I really missed the office environment.
happy.gif

Hi Pink
hehehe...dark yellow = well versed mum. me still newly yellowed ahahhaa... I asked hubby in the car on the way to work this morning if my face was yellow... He couldn't understand and went "huh?"
But no joke, even at home, time past so quickly, chores to be done, cooking to be done, cleaning up, showering etc. By nightfall, I am more tired than working.
lol.gif

Yes! In fact I asked if hubby wants to employ me on a part time basis... hahaha... He says not the time yet, so I just have to continue working lor... But then again, maybe by then I change my mind again?!!

Dun run or jump around liao!! Give your heel some proper rest. Maybe u can do low impact exercises if you want first?

Yes!! I can never imagine how mothers shop with kids in tow. Always think that those who can the children very guai lor, cos tory will be running and hiding between the clothes, preening and posing in front of mirrors... aiyoh, once the sale lady even ask me to keep her on hand. :p

Hi mummies
Tory will be going to my fren's place for a "trial" next week to see if the grandma and maid can cope.
happy.gif
It makes me feel nice cos I feel that they really want to see if it will work out and not later regret the decision and have to ask tory to go CC. Also asked my fren to ask the mum if she is ok with the fees I proposed. So let's just cross our fingers.
happy.gif

Linda,
hope Tory's new cc arrangement will be settled soon.

i didnt take pix when Avos open the door for his gu zhang leh. wait till SIL send to me yar?
happy.gif

ruffy_happy / pink_tulip,
today went city hall but didnt go over to MS. slowly take my time to shop ard... waiting for the next sale period
happy.gif
crocs - i'm still indecisive. probably will see how's the one i ordered from CP aft i collect from Amy. if tat fits well, will stick with tat.

i also dun like shopping with Avos
sad.gif
he tend to roam ard on his own. tis evening we were waiting for hb at SK station, he walked among the crowds on his own. he doesnt even look back to make sure i'm still sitting at the same corner. a couple even tot he lost his way :p at one moment i feel like digging a hole to hide. received public stares when he crawled n rolled on the flr
embarrassed.gif

ruffy_happy,
today Avos was sweaty n 'sticky' in shopping malls aft roaming n running ard *sigh* i miss baby avos again hahahahha...

shimmrs,
our apt also not furnished at all. we bought all our budget furnitures in ikea there. was quite 'shiong' cos they dont provide delivery service. thankfully hb's colleagues were helpful enuff to help us load n unload onto a rented truck. dun worry abt moving the furnitures if u intend to. the movers shld know how n wat to do with them.

got to finish up my laundry, tmr have to wake up early, going JB with my SIL's ILs for a day's excursion... another long day...

Hi Ying!

Oh! That's so different from what you are doing now. It's interesting! How long is the course? It's good that you are pursuing something that is your interest.
happy.gif

Van

Ya... I dun really enjoy taking them out nowadays...

How's your JB trip?

pink_tulip,
the trip was good, except not enuff time for shopping. was given only 1 hour to shop at jusco
sad.gif

went to the ostrich farm, fruit plantation (but didnt enter the site) n also a short boat ride to see fireflies. Avos enjoyed himself. came home telling his yee yee abt taking bus n boat, ostrich 'bite' his hand, 'blinking trees' (fireflies). really tired him out today. he tends to doze off whenever we're in the bus.

but unfortunately very angry with hb *sigh* he enjoyed the trip all on his own like tat. Avos was clingy to me cos he was tired. hb didnt even bother to try coax Avos over n was happily enjoying himself with the sights n movies in the coach. ask Avos to sit with daddy, he gave excuses tat he has the haversack, no space lah... lots of things i'm very upset with him up till now!!! told me he unpacked the haversack liao. wat i saw was true, bag gone. but all the things lying ard on the dining table. tats his defination of 'unpacked'
angry.gif
he postponed his return trip by 1 week. i was so fedup tat i told him to leave next week, dun stick ard us n not willing to help. at least when he's not ard i wouldnt blame him for not helping me *fuming*

VAN

GooD Morning!
happy.gif

Wow! Nice trip. You all managed to do so many things in a day! Was it an organised trip by some organisation?

I hope you have cooled down by now *pat pat* Every now and then, we get THIS angry with our hb right?! I understand! Sometimes, we are boiling inside yet they are not aware. We think they should know but they are oblivious! Next time, do ask him to help. Be specific. "Could you take over? I am very tired. Let me have the haversack."
happy.gif

Today, Ying is at home. She is feverish and having a phelgmy cough.

I think i need to pay you 30 + 8.62 (from Amy). I will sms you when I can drop by. Maybe this evening?? But dun worry. Go ahead with your plans for today. I will sms you in advance to check your 'availability'!
happy.gif

morning PT
happy.gif

take care... hope Ying gets well soon.

was really tired last nite. slept at 2am again aft finish the laundry. hb apologised b4 we slept
happy.gif

yar, the trip was arranged from a local agency by my SIL's ILs. they have a number of relatives from oversea for their wedding so they arranged tis sg / jb tour for them.

tis evening i'll be out party with my old friends
happy.gif
but hb n Avos will be at home, so if u want can still drop by my place, i juz pack ur stuff n let my hb knows.

Van

Do you need your stuff urgently? No lah.. prefer to meet you instead.
happy.gif
So if not urgent, next week can?

Enjoy your party tonight!

Glad you and hb have reached an understanding and that he has apologised! Good! Maybe he got carried away too.
happy.gif

pink_tulip,

no hurry for my things, we can arrange next week
happy.gif

a pix to share - Avos patting the baby ostrich.
556793.jpg

Hi Mummies,
PT,
Hope that Ying recovers soon
happy.gif

Van,
good to know that HB and you are okay now..enjoy your night out
happy.gif

Ryan's enjoying himself at home today. Have started leave to rest at home from now onwards till delivery.
happy.gif

This morning he told HB to go to work and he will stay at home to spend time with me.. (Excuse himself from going to CC)

Hi Mummies

Just an update. my Ying is down with HFMD. Just diagnosed/confirmed by PD last evening. Cos she lost her appetite (this is very very very unusual) and complained of pain when swallowing her lunch yday. I checked her throat and found blisters
sad.gif
By evening, the no. of blisters at the throat had increased. In the evening, Dorcas was sent to my mum's place. (I was so stressed trying to segregate them the whole time.) Then we took Ying to the doc. Today, she experienced more pain and difficulty in drinking and eating. We have to coax, bribe, encourage, remind... but she is not cranky and whiny at other times. it is only when she drinks/eats then she cries. We are proud of her in this aspect. We all miss Dorcas a lot a lot! Surprisingly and thankfully, she is very cooperative and obedient at my mum's place. She has not cried for us and is not homesick yet... though she asked me to bring her home. But when I explained to her, she accepted my explanation. This is the first time she is spending days away from home, separated from us. I have more tasks to do at home... cleaning, washing, sterilising... and washing our hands with dettol so frequently throughout the day! hope this period ends soon! PD said she will feel the worst on the 4th day (tomorrow) after which she will feel much better.

pink tulip,
Oh dear.. Do take care of yourself too. Wow, Dorcas is such an understanding girl. At least that puts you at ease a little.. Hope everything will be over soon.
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
u r blessed with 2 dong shi gals
happy.gif

must bring the gals out for a treat when jie jie is well. they must have also missed each other's companion.

take care of urself too yar!

Hi Pink,
Sorry to hear that. Glad that Dorcas is so guai and Ying is so well behaved. It must be tough on you. Have to take care too and enlist help with all the cleaning and sterilising to do...

hi pink,
take good care of yourself then you will have energy to take care of ying n doing all the extra work! hope ying will be better tomorrow. good that Dorcas is understanding n u can focus ur attention on ying at the moment.

Hi Mummies

Good morning!

I am so encouraged by your postings.

Indeed, we are more at ease knowing that dorcas is happy at my mum's place. My mum was hesitant at first. So were we. However, for her good, we had to give it a try. She goes to bed and for her naps as usual - like at home (finishes her milk, lie down, close door, sleep) and she slept through the first night (to both grandparents' surprise - they kept waking up to check on her esp Ah Gong who woke up 4 times!!) and she took a 2+h nap yday afternoon. So we are very thankful she is not giving problems over there or crying for us. If she does, we will be very torn.

PD told us the blisters will turn into ulcers and thus we can imagine how much pain Ying is feeling. Every sip of water or every mouthful of food causes pain. PD said she must have intake of fluids/food in order to get well AND SO, if she wants ice-cream, cold drinks, got to give... give whatever she wants to eat.

We have no idea where she got it from. I will inform the sch tmrw. She was not in sch on Fri after seeing a GP on thur night for fever.

I have never used so much dettol in my life!!! My hb said, "Using dettol like it is free!" :p

Ying stays in her room most of the time. I am glad she does. Can see her morale is low... quieter than usual... can sense that she is missing sis a lot... my house has also become so quiet.

So much for my sharing... sorry. so long.

thanks again for your concern!
happy.gif

Hi Van
Welcome back
happy.gif

Hope Avos is adapting well in Sin. The Ostrich farm looks fun..tot its in Sin and almost wanted to ask you how to go.

Can understand your frustration. All man behave the same ...my hubby's also like that. Most of the time would rather surf net then spending quality time with Jay
angry.gif

Hi Pink
Sorry to hear about Ying's HFMD. Hope she will recover soon.

Dorcas is so 'dong shi' and am quite surprise that she understands and cooperate. It sure makes you 'fang xin' and can concentrate taking care of Ying. You're so bless indeed!
happy.gif

Hi Pink
Glad that dorcas is behaving herself well in ah ma's house.
happy.gif
Very xin wei to know that she is doing well there isn't it? Hope Ying recovers soon...My nephew took abt a week to recover. Dun worry.

Hi Van
The trip sound fun! Aiyah, men are men, good that he knew he was wrong and apologize.
happy.gif
Apologizing is something I dun get from my hubby.
sad.gif

You guys went with a tour group? Today we went to Farmart in Singapore... Tory managed to feed the goats and rabbits but the environment wasn't really nice... Hubby then brought up farms in Msia... but we dun know the location or any names... Can help?

pink_tulip,
how's Ying feeling today? i was at a wedding dinner yest when u sms me, so didnt write much. seriously dun worry abt my stuff ok, i have no hurry for them. otherwise i would have gone to ur doorstep when i have returned
happy.gif

Gisele,
thanks for the welcome
happy.gif

Linda,
yes, they have booked the trip with an sg travel agent. i only can remember the ostrich farm & fruits plantation is in Desaru. sorry, not able to help much with the locations. i'm very blur with malaysia :p

Hi mommies...

Pink
Oh no! How's Ying's condition now? It must have been very painful for her! *sayang-sayang!!*

Dorcas is such a good girl!
kao_clap.gif

Back