(2004/02) February Babes

Pink
Yes, very depressed
sad.gif
indeed with the teacher's repeated comments.

No problem to offer my home lah! Of course potluck will be a good idea too! Can bring anything you all fancy, i am ok with it! I can conveniently heat up any food you bring in my oven or microwave... if need be. If too troublesome, i will take care of everything, no worries at all!

Van,
can look at this website..they have writing and other stuff which you can do with Avos at home.
http://www.dltk-kids.com/nutrition/crafts.htm
Most prob will opt for C-section. Not that keen on natural delivery.

Mrsshim,
don't be too depressed..I am sure that Kyla will improve in school in time to come. Ryan will be stopping school at Luteran at the end of this mth. Will start him at siglap next mth.

pink_tulip,
aiyo actually i havent been packing since the last time i mentioned tat i packed clothes tat Avos outgrown n my nephew's stuff. very difficult to pack clothes when we're still using now. will do so when the date is nearer
happy.gif
however have done 'stock-taking', created a shopping list hehehe...

i also realised i'm always very tired when AF is abt to due leh. hmm maybe shld try to 'bu' a little. but how? 'bu' with wat?

i used to have tis heel problem n i tot its due to my high heels n back problem. until now still dunno the cause. anyway it has been a long time since i had tat. MIL (also has the same problem due to her ligaments) suggested me to wear a comfy slipper at home cos the flooring is very hard in sg. tat did helped a little.

shimmrs,
thanks for offering your home n of cos dun mind
happy.gif
i'm also ok with potluck. probably will get some frozen finger food n pop them into the oven
happy.gif

ruffy_happy,
i have tat in my favourites. thanks anyway
happy.gif
we've been doing some craft use them to decorate Avos' room. he likes them very much.

mommies,
met up with Avos' tr juz now. she made me teary
sad.gif
she seems a little too when we talked abt Avos away for almost 4 months.

van

i am always very tired/sleepy and irritable when AF is about due. But now, I am very tired when AF is just over! So my friend says must "bu" lor... eg. bai feng wan, or take more iron-rich food... it is dawning on me that I am not as young liao, so cannot take my body for granted, as in, must take care or it will give problems?? not like last time, anyhow anything also can.. :p

Yep, cos of this heel problem, the sandals that I always wear when going out are not uncomfortable, I am thus searching for comfy shoes... I must have "injured" it unknowingly?

Avos' tr seemed a little too what?

pink_tulip,
Avos' tr teared a little too...
sad.gif
sad right? when we were at the door abt to leave the class, Avos was looking at one of the party photo. she quickly bring it down n ask him the names of his friends n trs. i assured her Avos WILL remember them... will pass her my digital cam on friday, she'll take pix of them in their routine activities. will go thru with Avos when we're in sg.

agree with u... i already received the 'signal' from my body tat i'm getting older liao... the 1st one was slower metabolism rate - same amount of food but weight gain quick. now my weight kinda stagnant but the fats starts showing... think bcos i kinda stopped my core exercises.

mine usually goes off within a week. the pain will actually 'spread' to my foot. do monitor ur heels for a couple of days. shld there be no improvement, u may wish to visit TCM to find the root?

aiyo wats wrong with me today... cant type the right thing. i was trying to say Avos' tr seemed to tear a little too. her eyes didnt look right to me
sad.gif

mommies,
here's the deco we did last week.
534572.jpg

and a busy board which i gotten the idea from a montessori home-teaching book.
534573.jpg

tot of doing the sandpaper alphabets n numbers but too lazy at tis period.

Van

Oh ya, forgot to say this..

I am surprised that his tr is sentimental / emotional about his "4-month leave" but that's a good thing. The tr cares and has a relationship with him. Ya, when in sg, must still show him his sch pics regularly.

pink_tulip,
thanks for your encouragement
happy.gif

the trs r also very happy tat Avos is willing and able to confide to them now. maybe its only tat particular tr so sentimental. she's the only english speaking tr in his class now. thus she knows Avos very well since day 1. tho the trs always have meetings together talk abt individual child's progress. its different when u know a child from the very beginning when only english is used n until now only swedish. tis progress is really very motivating for her. so now u can understand why i 'fang xin' to leave Avos there n return to workforce yah?
happy.gif

Van
Wow! You made the teaching resources yourself? Very hardworking leh.. It's good to make alphabets or numbers using different materials (i.e sandpaper) to let children feel on them. At this age, they can do with a bit of help using big outline alphabets or numbers.

shimmrs
Don't be depress. Sometimes when I have to inform the parents about the child's misbehaviour (esp. if the child bites etc), I feel bad too especially looking at the parents disappointment expression. Don't worry, this is the 'terrible 2s' stage they are going through. I believe they are more of exploring and learning (often in the wrong way), rather than being 'naughty'.

pink tulip
Maybe some tonics will help or exercise. I feel tired too before and during my AF ever since I miss it for one month a few months back. Blame those hormones.. hahaha

Hi mummies
You can try this activities with your kids from this website - www.childfun.com Loads of thematic activities to do from!

Van

Yep, his tr is good. And you are right, after seeing how Avos has progressed, she must be so encouraged and attached to him.

However, I think Avos will also benefit from your presence at home. You can teach him a lot of other things which are not covered in daycare e.g. Chinese. Actually, I am thinking, Avos may be fine with current arrangement, if you were to switch to full day care arrangement, will he then miss you and miss spending time at home?

dearie,
thanks for sharing the site
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
yes i've tot abt it... tats y was a little she bu de to return workforce now, especially seeing his progress in mandarin recently. but giving some tot, may still be feasible even i start working. at the moment, avos will nap until 3-4pm. activities we do usually starts then. given flexi hour during work, i may want to start work from 7am-4pm. so morning daddy can send Avos to school while i pick him up, back home for our usual learning / bonding time. Avos in the daycare will take his nap aft lunch, then they will have their tea-break at 2.30pm. aft tat they have some outdoor play again. i know its going to be much more tiring for all of us n may not have as much of family outings then. i'll give myself some time a careful tot b4 i come to a decision in jan. n of cos continue praying, asking God for His guidance. thanks for your input. really appreciated
happy.gif

van

Don't mention it at all!

Start work at 7am? That's very early. By 4+, you will be very tired. And you will have chores to do, dinner to cook... really have to be very disciplined. If you can work part-time or there is some flexi work arrangement, that would be great, for a start, then slowly, if you want to, move on to full-time.
happy.gif

I understand where you are coming from. Me too, often thinking about work. It's like, doing something for ourselves, besides just childbearing and raising them. But in sg, it is difficult to achieve a good balance. My friends always tell me some area(s) is/are being compromised. You can achieve this, it is always at the expense of something else...

In sweden, you may be able to find a better balance? Maybe worklife will not be as hectic? And there are more benefits, so I understand why you can go for it. Avos will still be well-taken care of.

pink_tulip,
yup. i know i would feel very tired then, AND may not have the patience to communicate with Avos too.

i believe if i'm in sg i wouldnt have the tot of starting work. i've stopped working for 4 years already. kinda missed the working life, new social circle, like u said, something for ourselves.

i do hope to get a part-time job, which requires to work only half day, at least Avos' routine wouldnt be disrupted. i felt sad yest when i have to tell the interviewer tat i'm withdrawing my application. but then again, i stayed positive by thinking tat there will be a more suitable job for me then
happy.gif

think positive, look ahead!
happy.gif
so want to fix our date, mummies? potluck? i tot of making kimchi or some light snacks but my kitchen cabinets are empty. no seasonings at all!

pink
how did you get the heal pain?

i've sprained my lower back over the weekend while carrying jay. went for chinese massage yest but kenna conned by the china lady sinseh. she charged me $90 for 30 mins sessions!!! i felt so cheated and angry
angry.gif

today my colleagues gave me another contact, can arrange for the sinseh to your place for massage. she charged $40 inc transport. will try her out if i dun feel better in the next few days.

talking about working mum/sahm. to be honest, everyday i felt so torn up between family and work. there're always so much work to do in the office and each day is like a battle. to make thing worst, despite the heavy workload, i always felt the need to rush home to buy dinner for hubby or spend time with jay. both family and work are so dependant on me and it's so hard to priotise at times...haiii...

usually after work, i dun have the energy to do other stuff so poor jay would play by himself or watch TV. but i would try to spend 15 mins bedtime reading with him. luckily i have part time helper that comes 3 times a week to do household chores.

i've been working in the same company for 12 years and am hoping for a redundancy package before i retire.

sorry mommies, i've so much 'lao sao' today
uhoh.gif

Hi Gisele!

Thanks for your openness and sincerity in sharing.
happy.gif

Hope you are feeling good today.

I got heel pain ever since I bought a new pair of running shoes. Each time after the jog, my heels felt painful but the pain would subside shortly, perhaps by the next day. While jogging, no pain at all though. Then lately, the pain does not go away. So I quickly stopped jogging. I do not know if jogging is the cause, or that pair of shoes (it is a pair of RUNNING shoes), or something else (eg. my normal go-out sandals or I have accidentally injured my foot without realising it). But without jogging, I feel uncomfortable - like growing fatter (ha ha ha). I wonder what the cause is. I hope it will heal (it's my left heel) soon and I will resume my jogging. But will also buy more comfy go-out shoes (try not to wear too flat).

Sorry to hear that you got conned! $90!!!!!! That's so unethical and dishonest!

Sprained back cannot be taken lightly. You should treat it asap. I sprained my back 2-3 times over the last 2-3 years but each time, it was quite minor (cannot bend but can walk) and I usu went for the "tui na" on the same day (when hb returned from work). If you need a contact, I can pass it to you. She is in Yishun, from shanghai, dun worry, won't con you, her charges are 20+ each time. Many of my family members have also consulted her. Meanwhile, take care. Don't strain yourself. Get well soon!

Does Jay cling to you and ask you to play with him etc? I sense that Jay is very sensible. I believe he knows you are giving your best. It is good work that you are reading to him nightly!
happy.gif
Keep it up!

Joining the gathering in Nov?

hi mommies!

Pink
How's your heel today? Why dun you consult your usual sin-seh in yishun about your heel pain? Take care!

Gisele
Yeah, have to take extra care on my back especially to avoid slip-disc.

No worries about pouring out your 'lao-sao'! Really not easy to be able to jagar both work and family! You are doing a great job! Its good to take a breather sometimes, i.e going for a short trip with your family (like what you have planned to go HKG disneyland this time round!).

Can I have the contact number to arrange for the sinseh your colleague recommended? Is it massage or tui-na? I go for tui-na quite regularly at Bt Timah Plaza. But recently the best tui-na-shi(s) have left and I have stopped patronizing since. I would like to give yours a try!

Yeah, am sure you will come to my place for the gathering hor?

Dearie
Thanks for your consolation.
happy.gif
I would say you are a very commited teacher! Want to join us in our next gathering at my place? Do you live near to Pink_tulip? Perhaps can meet up and come together?

Van
Good job you did with Avos all this while! Me too had all the informative webbys under my favourites but hor... too lazy to put in action... i guessed its time to try out some craft-making liao! Kyla is asking for a 'clock' and 'humpty-dumpty' after watching barney.. Btw, did avos color most of the pictures?

So touching to hear about how much love Avos' teacher has for him! If its for me, I will also be touched into tears! 4 months a rather long period of time.

Ruffy
Hee.. tried sitting down with Kyla to play with the talking elmo board book with numbers up to 20. True enough, once we hit number 10, she lost interest liao! *hoping mad now!!!*
angry.gif
somehow i think this emoticon suits best to describe my facial expression, haha!

Hi mommies
happy.gif
Lots of posting!!

Hi van
Coming soon!!!
happy.gif
Better start packing! Hahaha...
Great to hear tt kind of love Avos' teachers have for him... it is rare to have such loving teachers. I hope tory will have them when she attends cc.
happy.gif

It is a good and meaning job you are doing at home with Avos. however, it also means great sacrifices of your own. Think abt it when you return to sweden. Either way would mean losing something over another. Take your time.

Hi Pink,
Oh dear. Hope your heel feels better. My mum used to have it, the doc says too much standing. My mum finds tt it helps to have a hot water flask under her heel. And she also recommends walk barefooted on cement floor... ie the sun-baked floor downstairs of our HDBs.

Hi gisele,
It is a guilt trap we working mums faced lah. Sometimes we overstress ourselves? I have learnt to let go a lot ie the floor doesn't have to be really that clean so tory's feet are clean, the fans can be dusty till u see the black bits, tory will be happy watching more telly. Hahahaha... We need time for our own too.

Watch out for your back. no joke okay!

Hi Shimmrs
dun be disheartened lah, Kyla is being active, as are most kids her age. Diff children have diff skills and interest! Maybe Kyla just isn't too interested in numbers now? Maybe can incorporate counting and numbers in daily life instead of in books? Like counting the number of steps and the number of leaves?

Hi Ruffy
happy.gif
Are you excited abt the baby's arrival? very soon you will be popping!!

Mummies
Have scouted and seen a few CC for tory. Have kind of decided to place her in those pte estate types. Have shortlisted 2, Popet is huge 2 double storey terrace in 1 but kind of dark and gloomy but the cc has been around for a LONG time and I have good comments from my cousin but have not gone into the details of the ciriculum. The other is Perform@ Junior is a double storey terrace, I like their ciriculum and how the entire program is like. They have speech and drama incoroporated too.

Anyone have comments on the above can help?

Hi mummies,
VAn,
Nice art and craft you did with AVOs. I'm sure he is adoring all the lovely craft pasted around his room
happy.gif

PT,
Hope that your heel feels better. Maybe that brand of shoes not suitable for you?

Mrsshims,
Give Kyla some time or use other counting games with Kyla that is activity based ..no fret..she will learn them in time to come
happy.gif

Linda,
Not as excited as before.. coz will have more things to cope with. Haven't heard about the CCs u mentioned.. have to see how Tory likes them too.
happy.gif

Gisele,
Hope that your back gets better soon. What you are facing as FTWM is very common.. knowing that you are giving your best to JAY and that he is improving/learning from you is very good liao. For me I also try to spend more time with Ryan after work. Teaching him writing etc..coz his current school doesn't teach him anything much.

hi pink/shim
thanks for inviting me. would definetely love to join the gathering
happy.gif

pink, appreciate your contacts but yishun is abit far for me. i would try my fren's recommended tui na and see how.

shim, her name is lucy fr china. hp 91478432, she chrg $40 for 1 hour. let me noe how u find her. i may use her these 2 days if my condition did not improve.

linda
from what u've describe, i would prefer perform @ junior. i dislike dark and gloomy place...find it not healthy for kids but this is individual preference lah.

did you bring tory along? most important is how did she feel about the 2 places.

van
avos' is so lucky to have a teacher who has a soft spot for him. otherwise she wouldnt be emotionally affected by his absence
happy.gif

Gisele,
hope tat u r feeling better today.

dun worry, we're here to share n 'listen'. pour them out n feel better yar? i also feel tat u r doing a good job now, able to juggle between work n family. can sense tat weekdays can be really tiring n feel guilty for not having enuff time for Jay. try to make up whenever possible, weekends n now an upcoming vacation!
happy.gif
its from me again :p - stay positive
happy.gif

Linda,
glad tat u've shortlisted 2, at least easier to make a decision from there. how was Tory's reaction or behaviour at the 2 centres?

packing... err me still no mood leh. i think i'm not ready to go back yet think my hormones + weather making me
crazy.gif
i cant juz know wat i want to or wat am i going to do. i havent been sleeping well for the past few nites. kept waking up n check on Avos in his room. maybe bcos daddy not ard...

shimmrs,
i like to do craft with Avos. its so easy to pass time n he's happy, plus the item can be used as deco, etc.

put the numbers aside, do something she (and yourself) likes. start them again another few weeks. u may get better respond from her then?

Avos prefers drawing than colouring. i've printed many sheets for him but he always end up drawing on the sheets instead. the decos r made by stick colour papers together, not colour. i did the cutting and Avos takes part in choosing colours n sticking. he also wanted to cut so juz give him a rough piece of paper n he sat down with me snipping happily while i do the proper one.

Linda
Glad you narrow down some schools that you like. Perform @ Junior sounds good to me, since you are comfortable with the school. Where's the school located at? Never heard it before.

shimmrs
Thanks for the invitation! Feel 'pai seh' leh.. All mummies except me.. It's ok, you girls go ahead.
happy.gif

shimmrs

Hi! I tried immersing my feet in warm water just now... still painful. Maybe I have injured myself unknowingly?... i am contemplating going for tui na. Why I have not gone to see the physician?? I have been hoping that it is minor and will go off on its own. Apparently, i have to treat it. Thanks for your concern
happy.gif

Van has a point here... skip numbers for the time being and do other tasks...then come back to numbers again after a week or two. Also, incorporate learning of numbers in daily living... impromptu...eg. count no. of oranges in the basket, count no. of sch buses in the sch compound. If she knows up to 10, that, to me, is very good already. she will pick up more in time to come.

Linda

Thanks for your concern and suggestion too!
happy.gif

Just gotten a pair of scholl sandals just now. Design-wise is not fantastic but comfort-wise, it is good. I tell myself, from now on, must choose more comfy shoes cos I walk a lot. As for heel pain, I think I need to see the tui na liao. She does acupuncture too, but I am SCARED!

Have you taken Tory to the two CCs to "test her response"?? I personally also do not like dark rooms... I like brightly-lit places (esp since it is for learning activities). As for the other CC that you mentioned, I have no experience to share. Sorry.

Ruffy

Thanks too.
happy.gif
Take care!

Van

Oh ya, I forgot your hb is not around. Morale a bit low?? Cheer up ok?!

Hi mummies here.

I need your opinion!
happy.gif

Which one is nicer? I am kind of indecisive in this... My first choice was the golden brown pair cos the colour is warm and also easy to match with clothes. But the floral (white based) one is pretty too. The brown one looks dull when compared with the floral one ya?

Feel free to give me your comment! Thanks!

536697.gif

536698.gif

mommies,
zhong qiu jie kuai le
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
hb back last nite... but i feel even more sian cos he's going to take the car again, got to start walking in the rain, against the wind
sad.gif

my personal choice would be the floral one
happy.gif
not difficult to match, still can go with light colour clothings. even if dark dressing, so long its plain (no prints clothings) shld be ok since the upper sole n 'rims' r still consider dark tone.

Van

Did you drive over the past few days? IT's raining there? I also do not like to take my kids to sch/bring back from sch when it rains. Very leh cheh...

happy.gif
Thanks for "voting". Let's hear from the others.
happy.gif

(Sigh... told you I am torn between the two. I like both for their different characteristics. Taking part in a birkie spree.)

Hi Pink
Definately the floral one!
happy.gif
It will be as easy to match as the brown. The brown too brown liao cos the sole also brown? And looks more like men's shoes.

I have not brought tory to CC scouting. Thinking to shortlist then bring her down. Agree that bright places for children would def be better than gloomy ones. Maybe it is cos it's too huge and not much lights on with wooden structures hence feel gloomy? Hubby prefers this cos really huge and me undecided cos this place is $100 cheaper than the other.

Hi ruffy
I will bring tory down to have a look. thanks!!
Have you arranged for your confinement and things like that?

Hi Van
No mood? Thought you would be excited abt coming back.... So Avos is very well sleeping in his own room liao? Children really adapt fast esp when they themselves ask for something.
Cheer up, soon you will be walking in sunny singapore liao.
happy.gif

When will avos' class photo be out? Share with us here ah!

Hi Gisele
hehehe... maybe I already prefer Performa already so the way i describe also to their advantage. But so far, the principal there is the only one who went thru her teaching with us. They incorporate lots of reading into their classes and have a library system.

how u feeling now? better? take some time to air your feelings!!
happy.gif

pink_tulip
I will definately vote for the floral one too! What's the difference between the real birkies and the imitation ones?

hi mOmmies!

Pink
Of course go for the huey one lah! kekeke!!! Dun "tu liao"! Hurry, go and visit your sin-seh to treat your heel pain! Better not delay treatment!

Van
Any zhong-qiu-jie gathering over at your place?

Gisele
Thanks for the contact. $40 per hour to any location is very reasonable leh! Somemore doorstep service?! Will try her out next week and feedback you here. If she is good, may even recommend her to my stepmom. She visits tui-na regularly too! Yes, pls come to my place for the gathering.

Dearie
No worries lah. Its up to you, no obligation. Dun feel shy to join us. But if you really feel awkward, we can understand lor! Well, I am happy that you are willing to join us here for daily discussion after I "gio" you in our email!

mommies
Any exciting lantern parading activities going on tonight??? My hb going to play badminton tonight so guess I will be the one taking Kyla downstairs to do the 'parading' liao!!!

pink_tulip,
any better on ur heels? its weekend, take the chance to leave the gals with papa while u visit a physician.

has been cloudy, windy, rainy... when we're lucky then will have the sunshine for couple of minutes *boring* but its a good sign, weather / seasons back on track
happy.gif

i have been happily zooming ard during hb's absence. dun have to walk to his office hunt for the car at carpark... dun have to pick him up at 5... the car is always ready there for me when i needed it
happy.gif
asked hb to leave the car for me next week n he said tat probably we shld get a 2nd car
crazy.gif
well, he knows i will choose to continue walking ard liao
happy.gif

Linda,
hmm no idea wats wrong with me tis time round but i juz feel tat i'm not ready to leave for sg yet
uhoh.gif
and 3.5mths in sg seems abit too long for me...

Avos' class pix not so soon... will take 2-3 weeks. wouldnt be in time for us to receive it b4 we leave. will get daddy to scan n email us a copy when he returns sweden alone. definately will share here
happy.gif

shimmrs,
no activity here... didnt contact the chinese... will stay home to "shang yue" with Avos, provided the dark clouds gonna 'siam4'
happy.gif

mommies,
going to flood the thread with pix again :p taken by his trs today
happy.gif
they took alot of individual pix hoping Avos can remember their names
happy.gif

their daily routine, singing n story telling...
536982.jpg

536983.jpg
536984.jpg

weekly 'assembly', singing with all the other classes, total of abt 50 kids.
536985.jpg

today is Avos' turn to pick up an object to sing or talk about
happy.gif

536986.jpg

more pix in his webby
kao_wink.gif

Hi Van,
Nice pictures of Avos and his friends. BTW what is his webby address? Forgot to save the latest one in my favourites. I have the babyavos one only.

Mooncake festival- Ryan was not interested in playing with the lantern..more interested in playing with his trains and at the playground downstairs so we didn't really walk around just one short round to the playground and back. The moon is very round tonight but YELLOWish.. Ryan was asking where the WHITE moon was.
happy.gif

Van, Shimmrs, Linda and Dearie

Thanks for voting.
happy.gif
Ha Ha Ha...I did not know my gold/brown pair would be so "awful" that none of you chose it!! :p Ha ha ha...
Thanks for sharing your opinions and I really appreciate your participation! I have changed my order to the floral pair liao.
happy.gif

Van

You are not feeling as excited about coming back to sg - means you have settled down comfortably there already? Am I right to say so? And perhaps you subconsciously think that it is a disruption to your/avos' routine?

I like the pictures! Very "different feel" leh.. like pics taken out of my NIE textbooks... very "ang mo"... hahahaha pardon me....if you dun understand never mind.

The trs lay the cloth so that the kids won't have to sit on the dirty floor? The kids look very well-behaved and comfortable! Avos looks so guai! NExt time, will be a monitor or prefect!!
happy.gif

I lost your webby address again... so sorry...pls leave it here or email me can?? Want to see!

Ying dearie

Got fake birkies around? I do not know the difference leh. I do not have a birkie. This is my first purchase. Hope everything goes on smoothly.
happy.gif

Shimmrs

Today, my heel pain is worse than the previous days. Is it ridiculous to suspect my sports shoes??!! I wore them yday evening and went for a walk in the park. I did not jog. I wore them cos I felt no pain when in track shoes... thought it would do my feet good. But last night and this morning, aiyo, painful.
sad.gif
won't be free to see physician tomorrow. My family members are coming over to my pl. Maybe Sun. Sigh...

mommies,
havent finish updating the pix taken today. will probably do so aft Avos goes to bed tonite.

ruffy_happy,
Ryan does looks like his dad at tat stage. but at one glance he still looks like u
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
hahahaha i understand wat u mean...

the cloth actually has different animals patched. each child has been appointed to sit on the same animal everyday. its a routine thing to them when trs lay the cloth, they will sit down automatically
happy.gif
tis was the one when Avos refused to be seated in the initial days - always roam ard in his own wonderland... according to his tr, he is very participative now
happy.gif
i'm really amazed tat the kids can remain seated in the same spot for 30mins everyday.

i'm not worried abt Avos' new routine. probably we're used to travelling n he's now older, i'm not so concerned abt small changes. maybe like u said, im used to the lifestyle n have settled down comfortably.

oh dear, do visit a physician tis weekend yar...

Van

Thanks. I have viewed the pics. Very nice. Avos has grown a lot. He looks very guai - can't help but repeat this...
happy.gif

Avos is very fortunate. I think you are exposing him to many things and he is growing well! When I look at Avos, I am reminded of what I did with Ying... and the lack of discipline to do such with Dorcas now... I remember when I wanted to teach Ying the alphabet, I bought a jotter book. I started with "A". I collected some magazines and we sat down and looked through them and I urged her to look for "A" in the pages! When she got it, we cut it out and pasted on the "A" page in the jotter book. We pasted a few before going on to "B". I did this to raise awareness of letters in print and to get her to recognise the letters. Also introduced simple words that for eg. started with letter "A" and then cut out that picture and pasted on the same page. It is great that you are doing fun things with Avos and do keep it up!
happy.gif
I, on the other hand, really must put in more effort in teaching Dorcas.

pink_tulip,
thanks for viewing n your compliments
happy.gif

oh, u gave me 'inspiration' on how to teach alphabets! but hor dun think will do anything like tat until we return from sg. mummy too busy to stay home otherwise too tired do such things with him. vacation mah, must R&R :p

i have to find different things for Avos to do. he's one tat gets bored easily, i have to think of wat he likes n motivate from there. when he wakes up from nap, he'll say 'mummy let's do something'
uhoh.gif

Van,
Viewed Avos pictures.... he really looks much taller then last seen him and more mature looking. Same face shape as daddy.. but when he takes photo with you...have the same eyes
happy.gif

Regarding teaching alphabets- Had introduced Ryan to the alphabet song, magnetic alphabets, starfall website, ABC board books- Barney ABC books, ABC chart paste on the wall..so he can identify both uppercase and lower case of the alphabets. He is also able to name several items starting with the alphabet Eg: A for Ant, Apple etc. Now I am using the ABC Nursery writing books and get him to use his finger to trace how A is written..haven't gotten around to B C etc..coz he is still not that interested in it yet. Or when you are outside and see things that start with certain Alphabets.. can have alphabets of the week..and see if Avos is able to spot like B- balloon, Ball etc.. while travelling to school, supermarket etc.

PT,
I do think that the sports shoes are not suitable for you coz it made your feet worst after you wore them again.. the cutting/padding must be giving you trouble. What brand is it?

Van
Is Avos class a parent-child involvement class? The school looks like a bunglow house. Big and spacious. Is that his classroom too?

dearie,
err... wat do u mean by parent-child involvement class? the 1st 3 pix r taken in his classroom. the last 2 is in a 'multi-purpose room'. they have their 'assembly' n indoor gym there. yes, tis school is consider big compare to other daycares in this town. its the oldest actually, but renovated i think abt 2-3 years ago. they have total of 4 classes, classrooms of the same size. each class has their own entrance hall with their individual cabinet, a small sitting area near their dining for in-schooling parents in the 1st 2 weeks, a small art room, 1 room with small ball pit with slide, 1 pretending play room, 1 kitchenette for the trs to prepare snacks, 1 mini 'hall' - in the 1st 3 pix, where they sing, play n sleep
happy.gif
pai seh, so long winded...

ruffy_happy,
thanks for viewing Avos' webby too
happy.gif
certain angle he looks like me, sometimes like daddy.

at the moment the only alphabets Avos can recognise (and interested) are A, B, O, V, S and H (he says it looks like a bed
lol.gif
) realise he likes the letters of his name yar?
happy.gif
i'm taking my time to introduce letters cos i tot of starting it with phonics. so far he still takes phonics as play time, only remembers the sound of 3 letters. will probably start proper teaching / exercise with him aft we return from sg. thanks for your ideas too
happy.gif
will definately comes in handy then!

Hi Pink,
Should be your shoes... Maybe you need more sole cushion?
You just gave me a very good idea on how to expose tory to more alphabets exercise. This mommy very lazy, only like to gai gai...flower leg cannot stay home.
sad.gif
Sometimes, I think i quite horrid, always MUST go out, if not at home I tend to get furstrated easily.
Now tt she is going to attend CC, I think I gotta learn to stay home more so tt can spend more time with her alone and hopefully 'relieve' her of any anxiety she might have.

It is not easy having two to care for, I believe in time to come, you will also learn how to juggle teaching dorcas more so dun feel bad. But in any case, the second one will always learn faster cos got jie jie to learn from.
happy.gif

Hi Van
hehehehe...i was also going to say tt the photos of avos class like those we see in foreign parenting magazines.
happy.gif
The teachers look great!! I like it tt they had some kids on their laps. Feels like they truly enjoy the kids' company. Can u pm me avos' webby too? He looks taller in those pics here!!

Oh...
happy.gif
so you beginning to feel tt sweden is home liao?
happy.gif
Shows that you really enjoyed your stay there and roots beginning to form. It is doing wonders for your family... Cheer up!! Three weeks full of shopping - xmas shopping, year end shopping, pasar malam shopping.
happy.gif
3 weeks of sunshine and gai gai and yummy chicken rice, satay, fried carrot cake, dim sum, wanton mee and cheap vegetables like kai lan.... hahahaha.... tantalising enough to start you packing?

Hi ruffy,
Hehehe...you also gave me a good idea what to do with tory on weekends... can start labeling all the house' stuff with alphas liao...
happy.gif
tory can recogise and read only capital letters of the alphabets and only limited lower case. Been trying to find those charts with upper and lower case together but the pics are silly. Maybe can borrow Pink's idea to have her cut and paste stuff...

Any ideas of teaching numbers? She managed to recite perfectly to 12 then always messed up on 13, 14, 15, 16 and is okay on 17 to 20. I tried to repeat it to her but she always end up laughing and repeating her messed up version.

Hi mommies
I have decided on the brighter cheerful CC for tory. Will call to confirm my registration tomorrow. And guess what? I am actually quite excited to get her started and got this feeling tt she will love it!!
happy.gif
Thanks for all your help and advise/comforting!!!

Linda

You are most welcome. I was just sharing what I did with ying. I guess if you ask the child to search for the letters/ pictures, it is more fun. the child is engaged actively, instead of listening passively. ALso the child gets to cut and paste - fine motor skills.

Relieved and happy for you... that you have come to a decision and have peace about it.
happy.gif

Van

I think Linda has done a very good job to describe how tantalising the trip back to sg will be. Can start packing liao!
happy.gif

Linda / pink_tulip,
dun worry, started packing yest
happy.gif
thanks to hb bringing all the luggages from the basement store n chug them in our room. but realised nothing much to pack except clothings, so will wait until friday - last min again :p

Linda,
thanks for your motivation. these few days 'chang wei bu hao', no appetite n frequent gastric pain
sad.gif
got to state 1st, "wo bu shi you le"
lame.gif

pink_tulip,
how's ur heel? visited a physician?

mummies,
also something to make me even more lazy to pack... on sat & yest, Avos said he didnt want to go back sg
sad.gif

Hello Van

I also hurt my back last Fri. So yday, I went to the physician. She tui na for me my back and calf area. The heel pain is caused by some "blockage" (thus blood circulation problem) at the calf area. When she massaged, I could feel pain at that area. After the session, my heel was very much better. My back was a little better.(I think she did not have time to treat the two problems. It was Sun and the shop was only open for half a day. ) Anyway, I am disappointed to find my heel painful again today.
sad.gif
I have to return to see her again - she told me to see her again on Wed. I may go back tomorrow. Today she is off.

Aiyo, have you taken any antacid tablets to help? Take care and avoid spicy and sour foods.
Get well soon!
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
oh dear... think for such 'injury' u need to have few sessions of massage b4 the pain goes off completely. take care yar!

i have antacid but didnt take... dun wish to rely too much on medication. my intestine is now 'trained' to take milk when i have such pain. we had si chuan suan la steamboat on sat :p aft the meal took lots of milk to neutralise. have been eating alot of fruits instead of proper meal, cannot eat oily stuff
sad.gif

Linda,
u can go to noblepublishers or even Big Bookshop or big popular bookshops..they do sell Alphabet charts with both upper and lowercase alphabets. Ryan can recognise all the alphabets both uppercase and lowercase. They also have update the starfall.com website to add in more activities while teaching about the alphabets.
I bought the charts from noble publishers ( a shop opp the Stamford tyres off Leng
Kee Road.. they have a wide range of charts more then at those other bookshops.

Van,
hope that you feel better soon.
happy.gif

PT,
I think tui na needs at least a few sessions to totally clear the blockage but it will be good for u in the long run if you know what actually caused your heel pain and how to prevent it. Maybe you need additional calcium or glucosamine tables ?
happy.gif

ruffy_happy,
thanks
happy.gif

mummies,
asked Avos (many times) why he doesnt want to go sg n finally gotten an interesting answer from tis silly boy
happy.gif

Me: Avos wants to go back sg?
Avos: Nooooo!
tis had been going on since sat... until juz now aft lunch...
Me: why u dont want to go back sg? can find ye ye, nai nai, (blar blar blar...)
Avos "mummy go together"
Me: Of Cos! Mummy wouldnt leave u alone. daddy going together too.
Avos: yyyees... mummy together, not scared already. dont worry ok?

aft his nap, he asked me to pack luggage... hb he said we indeed have a silly boy
lol.gif

ruffy

my running shoes are from mizuno. bought earlier this year, so pretty new. I am not sure if it is the running shoes or that i have already sustained the "injury" so jogging/walking worsens it. ANyway, got to treat it first. Won't jog or walk too much till totally ok. Thanks for your concern.
happy.gif

Van

So that's your way of treating gastric... I see. Some fruits have more acid so can be bad for your gastric? For me, when I have indigestion or mild gastric pain, I will take two antacid and usu will be fine after that. If I do not take the antacid in time, it becomes full-blown, a bit 'too late' liao, got to take longer to recover.

Get well soon!
happy.gif

I am going for tui na + acupuncture today. My ma suggests that acupuncture will speed up the process/be more effective... so I will close my eyes, grit my teeth, and give it a try. :p

Back