(2004/02) February Babes

Hi Pink
I bet tory will enjoy the cutting more than anything else! But she gets to learn unconsciously too.
happy.gif

My mum had mentioned before that the heel pain can lead to back pain and shoulder ache. Chinese doc believe due to bad circulation, the pain can 'spread'. Have to go for a few sessions to get it solve and prevent it from getting worst. Regular foot massage can prevent and help too.

Hi Van
hehehe... because you ask "AVOS want to go back Singapore" maybe he thought you asking him to go alone? hahahhaa.... funny. I really enjoy the conversations btw our kids now. I find it truly amazing how their brains work.
Just to share this conversation with my 3 yr old nephew:-
Me: Can you please go and bathe now, I have no time already
Ryan: Why?
Me: Cos must go many places and there is really no time, hurry up.
Ryan: But I have many time! I not busy.

Dah!

Oh dear, must be the hot spicy soup tt cause your gastric? Have to take light food for the time being and gear your tummy for yummy singapore food!!

Hi Ruffy
Thanks! The ones I saw at Popular not very nice leh... Must go other big bookstores to check it out liao and see if can find fun activity books for her too.
happy.gif

Linda

Your mummy said that? Hmm...
sad.gif
I thought of that too... and perhaps cos heel is painful, so walking posture is different (to alleviate the pain), so the back kena more strain... My morale has been rather low lately. It's like here pain there pain, then still got to do the things I need to do, instead of rest. It does not help the two gals are at home and the noise and bickering gets on my nerve... I mean, when we are not well, the threshold just gets so looooowwww...

Your nephew's reply is so funny. TRUE leh, they have got lots of time... kekek...

pink_tulip,
i understand wat u mean by low threshold with low morale... i'm now also like tat... few days ago hb juz said tat i have very bad temper recently
sad.gif

no lah! i dun take fruits when i have the pain... i mean i have no appetite, end up eating fruits instead of proper meals. when i have pain i take milk. the pain will take longer to go off than taking antacid but i tot more 'natural' mah... last time when i take milk during pain, i will get more wind in tummy, more problem. but now tummy 'trained' to take liao
happy.gif

mummies,
hehehe hb wanted to cheer me up. juz ordered a new hp for me as bday pressie
happy.gif
shld receive the parcel tmr
biggrin.gif

Hi mommies!

New updates on our relocation to HKG... HB will be going to HKG next week to sign the rental contract. He will move over early Nov. Will be back on 20th for a 3-day course. Kyla and I will stay put in SIN until he comes back for the course. Will only return to HKG together with him by the end of the course which will be around 25~30 Nov (he will clear a few days' leave in SIN before departure).

Mmm...we can have our gathering at my place during my HB's absence before he returns on 20th. Hee..hee....

Gisele
Unable to meet you in HKG during your hols liao. Oh, I keep forgetting to call up the lady for home-massage. Will call her tomorrow.
happy.gif
Have you tried her yet?

Van
I also think Avos thinks you are asking him whether he wants to return to SIN. He thinks he is alone lah! kekeke... Tell him go back together with daddy & mommy, hear what he says?

Linda
Have you found the right CC for tory yet?

Pink
Glad you finally made a trip to your tui-na-shi. Keep going to her until your pain subsides yar? Take care!!

shimmrs,
probably u want to decide few dates n see which is the preferred for rest of the mummies?
happy.gif
i'm fine with dates so long its aft the 2nd, my hb also away liao hehehehe...

i asked Avos again but tis time different answer liao.
Me: Avos are u ready to go back sg with mummy n daddy?
Avos: Noooooo! Sweden, not scared.
aft few sec...
Avos: Sg take bus, take train ok?
Me: yes, we will take alot of bus n train.
Avos: No! Sweden.

ate too much potatoes liao?!?!
sad.gif
but i believe he will have the same behaviour when its time for us to leave sg.

pink_tulip,
how's ur tui na n acupuncture yest?

Van

hahahahaha
happy.gif
... so funny... mmm... avos really "jiak too much kan dang" liao... :p

I went for acupuncture and tui na last evening. not much improvement for the back
sad.gif
but for my heel, it got much much better last night and this morning... however, just now, I lay down to rest while the girls were napping and I woke up with the pain again.. maybe the muscles are 'tight' after the rest... later see how... thanks for your concern.

I need to get a pair of bedroom slippers...walking on my tiled floor is a pain these days... and i wonder what's wrong, the whole back is "achy"..painful when I bend... "cham"...

mrs shim

you want to list 1 or 2 dates?
happy.gif

Van,
hehee.. Avos must be enjoying life a lot in Sweeden..dun want to go to SG
happy.gif
.. nevermind. I am sure he will change his mind when he is here in sg
happy.gif

PT,
If walking on hard surfaces is painful maybe there is something with the nerves at your foot. Foot and back are related so will take some time for both to heal properly.

pink_tulip,
yes, u need to strengthen ur back muscles so less taxing for your spine. did the physician teach u some light exercises? must check ur posture from time to time ah, especially u r tall, tend to hunch ur back, right?

i also used bedroom slippers (as MIL suggested) when i had the heel pain, it does help. my MIL uses those 'spikey' upper sole slippers. i tried but cannot take tat pain, so stick to my comfy bedroom slippers.

*sigh* really shang nao jing when Avos says tat leh... have to keep motivating him tell him abt the things he likes in sg. hope he wouldnt start his neg behaviour when he sees grandparents n the relatives. think will be disheartening for them.

Hi Van
Oh dear, Avos become mini potato liao?? Like his ang moh girlfriends so much that he forgotten tory?

Give him some time, I think most children resist changes, that's a sign tt they are comfortable with the current situation... When he is back for sometime, he will be asking not to go back?

Hi shimmrs
I am taking leave on 20th till 23rd. Can go your place!
happy.gif
Then kyla and tory can play and most likely fight? ahhaa

Hi Pink
Van's idea is a good one. My mum wore slippers at home at that time when she used to have that too. She gets heel pain when she was working... too much standing.
Have to really rest a lot yes? No more shopping for you. Dun drink cooling drinks also.

Hi mummies
Me "ignoring" MIL and tory. MIL 'protected' tory again when I tried to discipline her.
sad.gif
Now tory is getting more naughty even the teacher is complaining. She doesn't listen to instructions and stands when asked to sit. She does it on purpose and the more you ask her, the more she will whine. I feel that it is due to us spoiling her (although I will like to think it is hubby and MIL ahahah).
She gets carried when fed, sits on our laps when dining out, when she ask us to carry her, she says "daddy carry and stand up". Carrying is not enough. MUST stand, if not whine again and will develop into major tearing and crying.

I wonder if it is too harsh...but i tend to ignore her and let her cry all she wants and will stop her from escaping. But alas always get rescued. I tried to explain to her b4 she develops into a major fight but she is really naggy, can repeat what she wants for 15 mins and above. In the clinic last night, she purposely walk over to the girl and took away her toy. When the girl chose a new one, tory wanted tt too. In the end I have to 'capture and imprison" her and let her cry..but got a lot of stares...
sad.gif
Wicked mother?

MIL feels tt I should give in to her (ie carry her and stand cos once i stand up) she will stop and i can put her down after tt.

Sometimes I also dunno which is the 'right' way...

Any advise on discipline?

Van

I guess Avos is very comfortable and settled there and has "forgotten" what life in sg is like (i.e. the exciting parts), thus he does not look fwd to it. But once he is back, he will enjoy the attention from family members, he will enjoy the novelty and fun, I guess. Don't worry too much... and probably he will need some time to warm up to family members.

Xie xie ni de guan xin!
happy.gif

Any back exercises to recommend? Is one of them the "superman" pose (lying on your front and lifting your outstretched hands and legs)?

I am looking for bedroom slippers... went to a watson's last night but did not find a suitable one. Did not have opportunity to go shopping for one today. WIll try to find a pair tmrw. Going for the tui na and acupuncture again tmrw.

Ruffy

happy.gif
Thanks for your concern too.

Linda

Maybe I walked, stood and jogged too much... hahahahaha...

Seems like heel pain is a very common problem.

I understand how you feel! When my mum/MIL "protects" my gals, I get very upset too! If I go ahead to mete out punishment (in her presence), my siblings get to hear about it and they also sms me to say that I am too strict lah.. blah blah blah.. very upsetting... But if I do not mete out discipline, they think they can get away with naughty acts...grrrr.r... but hor, I usu will mete out discipline, as forewarned (if they disobey after the warning). got to be consistent and firm. If not the kids will take advantage. In time to come, we will have BIGGER problems. Train from young...

I don't think you are too harsh. You are teaching her as well as being consistent. Sometimes, the right thing is hard to do. If afraid that her cries will draw too much attention, take her away or distract her with something else. another thing is, you may want to take her into the room when you need to discipline. Then no one will rescue her. I believe that grandparents should be told (in a nice but firm way, in advance) not to interfere when the grandkids are being disciplined by the parents.

Talk so much... I am also learning... it is a long process... different phase, different set of problems...
my mood is also not so good of late... my gals enjoy each other but when they play, they tend to "disturb" each other and cause the other party to scream or whine, and I get very annoyed. I must be more "immuned" to these noises or I will get mad... ying is very "high-energy", she can talk from morn till night, non-stop. My energy level cannot match up to hers...
sad.gif

pink_tulip,
*sigh* my 'engine' also old liao, one problem aft another... now my nose giving red signal liao
sad.gif

back exercise - i was taught very easy ones cos my lower back muscles was very stiff when i was under physiotherapy. 1st one is lie down flat on back, bend knees to ard 90deg, swing very slowly all the way left-centre-right. 2nd one - lie flat on back, lift up buttock to own acceptable angle n hold for few secs. 3rd - when lying flat on back, use a towel to pull my leg up to my own acceptable height, hold for few secs. 1 leg at a time n have to keep it straight. i find tis website is a good reference http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/ex/all_exercises.asp?exercise_type=core - HTH
happy.gif
but dont over-work urself during tis period ah!

Linda,
sorry, not able to give much suggestions. i believe in consistency. Tory needs to know tat u meant serious biz when it comes to ur discipline. not easy in the beginning but have to be persistent. when outside, i find tat grabbing - firm but not hard, the upper arms (near shoulder) of Avos does help him to focus his attention on me. since Tory 'chi ruan bu chi ying' u need alot of patience to explain things to her.

btw, u or Tory not feeling well? take care yar.

Dear mommies...

Van
Kan-dang Kia really loves to stay put in his 2nd home yar? Yeah, will put up 2 dates to see response by the end of this month. Me very scared of those 'spikey' sandals too! Dun understand why aunties love to wear those sandals! So uncomfortable!

Pink
Ni-hung-ke-lian wor! Went twice to your tui-na-shi liao right? Today will be 3rd visit? What's her advice? Just follow what she advised you to be on the safe side. I think you need to wear very comfy soft shoes to relieve the pain on your heels!

Linda
LOL! Ni-zhen-hui-xuan-re-zi hor? HB coming back on 20th for course in SIN leh! I intended to hold our gathering before 20th leh! Which day can you make it if its before 20th? Weekend?

Wow, Kyla is exactly or rather very similar to what you described about Tory's behaviour leh! Aiyo!! Both of them sure clashed when they meet! hahaha...

Ruffy
When is your last day of work? How's your little boy inside you? Do you bring Ryan for swims lately?

<font color="0077aa">mOmmies...

SEE WHAT ONE SPELLING MISTAKE CAN DO ...

Gucharan Singh went to Bangkok.
Sent a SMS to his wife,
"Having a wonderful time here, wish u were her"...</font>

kao_laugh.gif
kao_laugh.gif
kao_laugh.gif
kao_laugh.gif
kao_laugh.gif

Hi Pink
Try to get comfy shoes for all your walks. My mum has commented before scoll (spelling??) is also good but their designs tend to be aunty.

Yeah, when MIL came out to resuce her first time, I told her no. Then second time she managed to get tory off despite my saying that she will get spoiled. MIL says she is still 'young'. In the end I got fed up and told tory not to come into my room tonight in MIL's presence. I also think like you, tt have to start young so tt when they learn and cultivate this learning into their teens.

I tried to be consistent and I find tt it works. Initially tory gets the 2 warnings then naughty corner from me. She will listen and after some cries, she will quiet down and say sorry. But as time goes by, daddy and ah ma also protects her and 'retrieves' her from the corner once she starts crying and tory knows it so she will purposely cry VERY loud and VERY pathetically. End up I am like the bad guy. It hurts to feel that way. Despite my telling hubby abt being consistent ie no carrying her while eating or giving in to her when she gets unreasonable, daddy still loves her too much to see her cry.

I feel that tory knows I am the bad guy, cos there are times when she says "I want ah ma (MIL)" when i tried to discipline her. And also once when daddy tried to give her a cold drink despite my telling him not to, tory actually answered after a short pause "dun want, mummy come back" (cos i left the table to get something and she saw me walking back).

I guess I just have to really try harder to be consistent and get them to do so. I am afraid she behaves so much tt next year when she goes CC, the teachers won't love her... I mean honestly who likes naughty children? There is not like home, whatever naughty things she does, we forget it after a while... There got so many children fighting for attention... Am i worrying too much?

Maybe you should see if you can get help these few days... pain here and there = lower threshold of tolerence.... With 2 active girls, diff to control one's temper...

Hi Van
Thanks... as i said to pink, I tried to and will continue trying to introduce consistency. To think on the brighter side, next year no ah ma around to protect her liao! And with the aid of the teachers, hopefully can induce more discipline in her.

What I really cannot stand is her purposely doing the thing you tell her not to. I prefer to talk her out of it most of the time as you have say she chi ruan bu chi ying but in cases like in the clinic over the snatching of others' toys, I dunno if I shld use my 'soft' method cos the other poor girl already crying.... By the time I tried to coax her into handling over the toy, i dunno how the parent would think....

I normally grab her by her armpit to restraint her but boy that girl has strength!! Can leave markings sometimes.

Thanks for asking, tory is having her cough again, this time a bit more persistent due to the haze prob. Me also coughing for 3 weeks liao. Tory is classified as mild asthmatic, doc tells me to watch out. Doc gave her singular grandules as a lung tonic. Thinking to get dong chong cao for her to boost her lungs long term...

Hi shimmrs,
Yeah, bet if we can meet up, kyla and tory will fight non stop... maybe we can collect bets to see who will emerge the winner?

MIL is going for holiday on 20th fri, and 23rd Monday i will be on leave also. i am quite ok with weekday or weekend saturdays.

shimmrs and linda

tory and kyla will fight?!! Add one more - my Ying! Hahahahahaha... Actually, I can feel that your girls are like my firstborn. On the strong-willed, confident, chatty and active side. Ying does not cooperate easily too. She will do the things you ask her not to! Test limits! Has a mind of her own! And very curious. when she first started school last year, everyone was seated down (some were crying, some were cooperative, some were afraid) but Ying was walking around the room looking at trs' displays and touching their props!!!! I was outside the class looking through the glass window... see liao also "gek sim"... but over time, she has learnt (and is still learning). So, take heart!

That's why I need a lot of "gong1 li4" to discipline her. For Dorcas, at the moment (disclaimer: dunno about the future), I do not have to use as much "gong li". It boils down to their personality and character. So when dealing with strong-willed kids, we have to be persistently consistent. It is hard, but if we crumble at this stage, won't they give worse troubles and bigger problems later on? When they are this young, we can still train and discipline. We can restrain them (eg. hold their upper arm, put them in the time-out corner, ground them at home, hahahahaetc) If we do not start young, when they are older, capable of doing more things, physically stronger than us, can walk out of the house when not happy, and being stong-willed (that's their personality), getting them to follow instructions will be much more challenging.

Linda

I think unity between hb and wife is very important. Child behaves better when they see that the parents are united (at least appear to be, ok?). Talk to your hb when tory has gone to bed. Communicate and agree on certain things that both will/will not carry out. Paint a few scenarios (that tory will get into) and try to agree on something.

My hb is more patient and has a higher threshold (maybe cos he does not see the kids the whole day). I also get pek chek when I seem to be the only one doing the discipline. Just the other night, when the kids were in their room, I told/reminded him about certain things that I would like him to work hand-in-hand with me so that kids know their behaviour matters to BOTH parents, and not just mummy. From time to time, must remind our hb.
happy.gif
When my hb is stern, the two kids get into "shape" very fast, much faster than when mummy gets angry...sigh...

I got a pair of scholl slip-ons last week. very comfy. design not fantastic (I tried my best not to choose something too "auntie") but at this moment, comfort ranks higher than design.

Get well soon!!
happy.gif

shimmrs

very funny... I forwarded that to my hb
happy.gif

My heel is much better. My back pain is lessened. Going for my 3rd session. I feel more "relieved" today. Thanks!
happy.gif

Van

How are you today? Take care leh!

Thanks for the site and your description of the exercises! Don't worry... will go slow.
happy.gif

PT,
Hush puppies shoes are also very comfortable.. have switched to flats ever since Ryan.
happy.gif
I do agree scholls very aunty looking.

MrsShims,
Will try to take off to rest from 1st NOv.. anway weekday afternoons are fine with me also. Anyday should be okay.
happy.gif

Linda,
Concerning discipline.. I won't definately let Ryan be carried and fed.. my mum used to do that but I told her she shouldn't .. I feel my mum spoils him more then MIL... MIL all for discipline and following instructions..but I am not for the cane and torture style that FIL/HB condone. For him if he screams and shout will warn him when he is outside.. IF people are looking we also dun care.. will tell him if he continues sitting on the floor and showing his temper I will walk off without him when I am done with my shopping...it does work with him..coz if he doesn't come over and stop what misbehaviour he will be deprived of trips to Toysrus/ rainbow donuts etc.. NOw he is working hard to complete his chart so that he can get more Thomas the train series toys.
happy.gif

Things that he has to get done daily include- bathe/ eat lunch&amp; dinner/ go to toilet on time ( this one still inconsistant)/ sleep in his own bed/ brush his teeth etc.. later will work more on keeping his own toys etc.

Hi Pink
Glad you found the scholl shoes comfy... hope this will help to solve the problem or at least lessen the pain.

Yes, that's y I get upset with hubby also when he so 'zhong rong' tory. He prefers the slow explanation thingy which I cannot and do not have the patience to do on a daily basis. Maybe he feels tt he doesn't have much time for tory so he tries to give in to her whims often.

Hi Ruffy
Thanks for sharing...
What will you do if ryan kicks up a fuss in public? i dun really mind the stares and I tried to leave her alone there. But end up I have to go back and hunt for her cos she will be happily wandering abt, she is not afraid to be alone. maybe I haven't left her alone for long enough.. then again, if daddy is there he will always carry her up and pacify her. Daddy thinks very pai seh.
sad.gif

I thinking along the charting thing...but wonder what should be the reward and does the chart get evaluated every week?

Tummy getting huge these days?
happy.gif
I would love to rub your tummy!

how is ryan in his school now?

pink_tulip,
thanks for your concern. very groggy tis morning. gotten hb to drop Avos off in school n i cancelled my last tution. juz woke up from bed
sad.gif
not so good, now nose still blocked n loosing my voice cos i used my nose to breath all the time. tis morning Avos started coughing *sigh*

Linda,
hope both u n Tory get well soon.

agree with PT, talk to ur hb to see how u both can work together. maybe can start with discipline at home 1st. if Tory progress or u have worked out something, then use the method when r u out. agree with ruffy_happy's method, remove her privilege of something if she misbehaves. things like no watching of vcd, no treats, or when we know there's something Avos has been wanting us to buy. shld he misbehaves, he will not get it for him until he shows improvement. but hor, most of the time daddy buy it, and me as the 'bad' mum will keep the item when we got home n not to let him have it. not easy when hb not in line with u, cos my hb too. he can still laugh n joke when Avos hits him! need to have a talk n compromise abit here n there.

hi mommies
work has been hectic recently and has little time to login.

hi shim
oh, we miss each other by 1 week in hk. so disappointed, was looking forward to see your new place leh
happy.gif

have you tried the 'tui na'? my back pain has recovered so i didnt ring her. let me know how you find her ok.

hi pink
sorry didnt really read thru the posting. is your heel better now? did u see a gp instead? mine recovered after i took some pills from the doc. however my back begins to develop some rashes...think i'm allegic to the 'yao gao' from the conned tui-na. damn suay!

hi linda
not able to advise you on discipline as i tend to spoil jay more than anyone else. but luckily, he's quite well-behaved by nature.
when are you going to send tory to cc?

Hi mummies

I dont know how to put this here.

But i have found out about my hb's infidelity again. Yes, again. This is the second time &amp; with the same person.

I probably will proceed with divorce once i have gather substantial evidence.

Do not worry about us. I will be strong &amp; come out stronger.

Apologies for not contributing here already. Hope to come back here again when things are more stabilised.

Take care mummies &amp; children.

meiii

When I read your posting, I was close to tears. We may not be best of friends, we may just be mummies chatting online, we may have just met once or twice, but do take heart that we are with you. Should you need someone to talk to, please feel free to email me or ring me. I am glad you will be strong and I am sure you will emerge a stronger person. Do you have family support at this time? Don't bottom up your feelings and struggles. Let it out. Seek support from your family and friends. You may want to see marriage counsellor's help. It would be helpful.

And don't apologise for not contributing in terms of postings. Just come in and drop us some lines as and when you can. Please take care.

Linda,
will do the same if Ryan kicks up a fuss in public. Or if HB is around he will pull Ryan to a side before "Lecturing" him. His chart is reviewed weekly. If he is able to get stickers for most items everyday he will get his prize (Thomas the train toy). We allow him to pick/buy the toy himself and hold it till he deserves to get it. Last week he got the Disel &amp; Milk train (Tomy) .
Yeah..tummy getting very huge liao.. just went to buy new nursing bras etc..today will go to Taka to see if any gd breast pump to buy. the Pigeon one I had is spoilt liao.
happy.gif

Meii,
Hope that everything is okay with u. If you want to talk to me can E-mail me too.. We are all here for you if you need us.
happy.gif

Mummies

Just to share something very funny...

I dreamed that I was pregnant and was at the gynae and the gynae pointed at a picture (not ultrasound) that showed my baby and he pointed at a protruding part and told me it's a boy. I was very happy in my dream (being pregnant again) but then i also got very worried in my dream (about getting fat again, losing wt after delivery, taking care of the kids, having to breastfeed again, NIGHT FEEDS!!!,...) The dream was long and then I woke (I think cos my hb woke up) and I, still subsonscious, was relieved that I am not pregnant BUT at the same time, disappointed!! The emotions in the dream was very strong. Anyway, when both girls got up and started pestering me, I was glad I am not pregnant. :p

meiii
Do take care of yourself. I've an aunty who is going the same phase as you.. Perhaps a marriage counsellor would help. I am not married so don't know what advise to give.. but can be a good listening ear.

pink tulip
Interesting dream you've got! You make want to check out the dream dictionary for leisure purpose to find out what the meaning of the dream of.. hehe..

http://www.glamour.com/swoon

Ruffybear
Wow, it seems that Ryan likes trains! He must have a huge collection of trains at home.
happy.gif

Today we went to the takashimaya sale.. but the meleda harmony pump there is bundled with the infrared thermometer and 1 box breast pad for $120..so not much use to me as I already have that type of thermometer and many boxes of breast pad for standby...so purchased the pump only from 1st few years for $79.00.
Have considered about getting a electric pump but the amelda dual lactine one at $350 motor is not that reliable and can die out after 6mth and the PIS is too expensive to consider.

Dearie,
Yes.. he has many trains.
- Edward Die Cast (No 2)
- Dogulas Die Cast (No10)
- Donald Die Cast (no 9)
- Diesel &amp; milk (tomy train)
- 2 tomy the train battery full train sets(Front loader/ mail post set)
- 3 thomas the train puzzles sets
- Ikea wooden train set
- Imaginarium wooden extension train tracks (to add on to Ikea train set as it has tunnels etc.
- The complete collection of Thomas the train VCD/DVD . 1 dvd has 18 stories x 5 pcs
- Thomas the train cutlery(fork/spoon/plate/cup)
- Thomas the train pJs/T-shirts and underwear
- Thomas the train story books and activity books

And still asking for more Thomas the train friends die-cast engines!!!
crazy.gif

mummies,
*phew* juz finish my final scrubbing b4 i pack the luggages.

feel sad today when i picked Avos up from school. all his 4 trs stood ard Avos as he take turns to hug n kiss them one by one while i pack his cabinet. the 'sentimental' tr kept drying the corner of her eyes
sad.gif
now is only away for 14weeks already like tat, cant imagine the day if he's going to leave for good... his trs said he also reacted negatively when they talked abt his sg trip today
sad.gif

daddy came back lunch with a news tat we may have to return sweden earlier cos of his work commitment. well, will wait n see...

pink_tulip,
hahahaha interesting dream
happy.gif
i also miss the feeling of a little foetus moving in my womb... btw MIL hinted me abt #2 yest. replied her tat we let nature takes its course n she answered 'tats good with a
happy.gif
'.

ruffy_happy,
Ameda i guess depends on the batch. cos i bought a 2nd hand one when Avos was ard 6mths old n its still in good condition. err but i use tat very seldom n now its been sitting in the cupboard for almost 2 years. anyway i heard meleda is also good accept tat its a little 'noisy'. my personal opinion, latch-on - saves time n convenient
happy.gif

Van,
thanks for your recommendation. I got the Medela manual pump for standby if there is no time to latch on/prevent engorgement etc...coz don't know if there is enough time to divide between the two boys... wonder how PT coped when Dorcas was much younger.. must be very tiring for her also.

PT,
You subconciously yearning to have a boy eh....hehe
happy.gif
.. they are very active leh.. more tiring and troublesome then girls.
happy.gif

ruffy

hahahaha... i ever did this: bf dorcas baby on one side, breast pump on the other side and ying watching on... :p

I used Avent manual when I had ying - too slow and tiring. I bought medela single electric pump before dorcas arrived - shortens the pumping time and not so tiring for the hands.

I do not yearn to have a boy, though having a child of another gender will provide me with another kind of parenting experieince.

Van

When and what time are you departing sweden?

Another emotion-filled day for you, avos and his trs. i think the pace there is slower and pple value relationships more? And perhaps have more "ren qing wei". In sg, we are always on the go, rushing to this place and that... "ren qing wei" gets 'diluted' amidst the stress and rush...

Your MIL hinted? Not the first time hor? Dun take it too seriously ya?

PT,
did consider single electric..but $200++..also the salesgirls says if daily use the pump may last for 6mths ???.. not that worth it.. if really necessary maybe get the Amelda dual pump later.. will see 1st.
U gals see ur bbs growing up..nearly 3yrs old liao... miss their bb stage
happy.gif
..btw.. at 3yrs old need to change their milk powder again right? How many bottles do they need a day then? When is a good time to take time off bottle feed? Ryan still uses bottle at night.and for all milk feeds..other times he will use cup or straw.. thinking of slowly getting him off the bottle.

Ruffy

Does the medela single electric cost 200++ bucks?? I cannot recall... I thought I had bought it at less than $150. Nevermind... I also bought it at first few years, at united square. It is still working. I tried to be more careful in the handling.

Yep, 3 yo, change formula.. Ying started using a cup for milk feeds at 2+. Dorcas is still using bottle. They take milk 2 or 3x a day : morning, afternoon and bedtime. If I want them to have a hearty appetite for dinner, I will let them skip the afternoon milk.

Hi Pink
hehehe... that yearning is so strong tt it is creating a subconscious mind of its own yeh? Now tt dorcas is so independent and Ying such abig girl liao, you must be missing the "better" parts of babyhood. The goos and gaas and rockabye bundle...
happy.gif
Think abt it har?

Hi Van
Your description of Avos' teachers bidding him farewell... they really love avos. He is lucky to be able to be exposed to such an environment. U too. Dun think too much abt permanently leaving yet... Maybe you all will be there for long? Leave it to nature lah... in the meanwhile, look forward to coming back. Takashinmaya sales started liao. hahhaha....

Ehehe...your MIL was happy to hear tt from you re your second one?
happy.gif
I will be too. After ruffy, no more news from our group yet. Jia you!!

Hi ruffy
wow!! That means new toys for ryan every week?? I must see what motivates tory in order to start that. Till date, she hadn't asked for new toys yet. Maybe we spoilt her so much tt she gets new toys/ VCDs/ books ever so often.

Maybe ice cream treats might be good.

You might want to check w the CC ryan is in if they can help with weaning him off the bottle. Some CC I asked does do tt. They give milk in cups before naps instead of in bottles.

Hi mommies
sad.gif
Today i graze the front right rim of hubby's car. It made quite a loud noise when I graze it and with my FIL in the car somemore!! Luckily he was not naggy abt it, but i think he very worried abt me driving home with tory alone tt he ask me to go slow for at least 3 times.
lame.gif
When i got off, realised the rim was quite scratched... SMS hubby liao...wonder what he will feel when he comes back from HK....

Linda

You mean the front bumper? "Sim tia" or not? Dont be too
sad.gif
ok? Can touch up the paint.

When I read your first paragraph (addressed to me), I can visualise the way you say it!
happy.gif
Yes, I miss the nice parts, minus the feeding, crying, diapering... Let's see if I dream about baby again tonight :p

Just kidding...

Meii

I know its easier said than done. But pls stay strong for Hilda, she needs you. Don't keep everything to yourself, go and talk to someone. We are all here if you need someone to talk to.

Pink

mm...this shows that you're still hoping for no.3
happy.gif

I'm sure you'll have the strength to handle another child when the time comes. Do it before you regret :p

Ruffy

Wow, Ryan has sooooooo many trains. Did you have a special cardboard to store his train collections
happy.gif

Van

Avos' teacher so emotional har, so cute
happy.gif
You must be very touched! How about you? Do you feel negative to come back to Sin as well
crazy.gif

pink_tulip,
our flight is at 5.20pm sg time so will have to leave home at 12pm, ie 6am here... will arrive sg 5.30am
happy.gif

yes, MIL's 1st time hinting... but i think she was juz asking casually. well, her daughter getting married very soon mah, shld 'pester' her 1st hehehehe...

talk abt milk intake, how much milk r the darlings here taking nowadays? Avos is not a milk person, will only take milk (fresh milk or the 1.5YO cereal based milk) when he is in the mood, so some days he doesnt take milk at all. but he takes yoghurt n cheese everyday.

Linda,
i dun wish to get stressed up with #2, the stork will find its way to me when its time
happy.gif
i feel its good to have #2, but if not blessed with him or her, i'm contented with Avos alone.

got to prepare dinner liao, catch up again (if i can get to use the pc) :p otherwise see u in sg!

Hi pink
hehehe...visualise my cheeky way of putting it yes?
happy.gif
I also find myself yearning for the same thing, but I miss pregnancy the most.
happy.gif
But people have told me tt second pregnancy tend to differ...so I am crossing my fingers, I had such a easy time with tory.
happy.gif
But hor, night feeds not a joke leh..

Nope, not the bumper. Not tt bad lah.
lame.gif
Its the rim of the wheel, the metal inner part of the wheel. But hubby likes his rims and paid a fortune for them so.... Like to console myself tt driving for so long, that's the first thing I ever scratch. Kekekeke...but I am sure hubby doesn't think tt way.

Hi Van
U will be back in SIN on 15th morning? Your SIL getting married? Is Avos' going to be ring bearer?
happy.gif
Bet he looks cute in a tux.
Your sis due this mth too?

Yes, leave it to nature lah, it is not yet time to fret for the stock. For me, I feel like trying (stop prevention) from June 07. But subject to hubby's approval lah. kekekeke....

Milk - tory still takes her milk 3 times a day 210mls each time.

Linda,
*sigh* suddenly shi mian, wide awake at 2am...

yup, we'll arrive on sunday. SIL already ROM-ed, will be having her customary next week. MIL wants Avos to open the car door for his gu zhang... believe end up i will be the one opening :p

wow, Tory drinks alot yar? Avos drinks only a small cup each time, i think ard 150ml. max 2 cups per day. but most of the days he'll go without milk
sad.gif
no choice but to replace his calcium intake with lots of cheese, yoghurt n sometimes add a little chocolate powder to tempt him to drink.

Van

I also shi mian last night. Slept at 4am!! Woke at 8am....

Welcome back. It is going to be fun, though you may be feeling some resistance just before leaving Sweden
happy.gif

Try to come in here when you reach sg and finish with the unpacking etc. See which date shimmrs fixes... or i can sms you/ring you regarding the gathering.
happy.gif

Linda

Oh I see! Then it is not that bad lah
happy.gif
... (of course your hb might not see it the same way :p)

pink_tulip,
hmmm wat happen ah? i didnt drink kopi last nite leh... i woke up with sudden hunger. now waiting for the 2 boys to get up b4 i prepare some light breakfast.

still abit of mixed feelings but not much resistance liao lah. cant wait to eat a bowl of bah chor mee or roti prata for breakfast hehehehe...

sure will come here in once the internet is up. tis time hb stand-by a laptop for me in case the pc fails
happy.gif
yes pls, do contact me on my hp re the gathering if didnt hear from me here ah. xie xie ni. oh yar, also our loot :p if u want we can 'exchange' our stuff ard SK b4 the gathering too
happy.gif

Linda,
how izzit? ur hb said anything aft u sms-ed him? if its my case think my hb would have nag until i fedup hahahah... he's very paranoid over his car. i suay suay kena few times of unknown scratched or the car next to us open door too wide n hit our door, he will keep asking me why here one scratch, there one dent. wah liao as tho the culprit would stay n wait for me to explain.

oh 4got to answer ur question. my little nephew shld be arriving sometime end Dec
happy.gif

Gisele,
No..he doesn't have a special box to put his toy trains but he puts his toy trains beside his bed in the bedside pockets of his bed.
happy.gif

Linda,
My Hb won't nag about it..coz he himself has grazed the rims before..also the car already has many scratches etc.. too costly to do up the painwork etc..
happy.gif
..hehe.... he has been saying if we didn't have the big car he maybe better off having 2 small cars for us. ... but also not possible at this stage. can't change car due to falling 2nd hand car prices.

Milk,
Ryan will drink 3-5 bottles of 240ml of milk a day depends on his mood and how hungry he is.

Today went to the open day at the siglap CC with Ryan's ex teacher magaret/adeline etc. He got a Thomas the Train bag with waterbottle &amp; lunch box from Teacher margaret.. he is soo happy with it
happy.gif
.. so many people "spoil" him.
happy.gif
He will start the new school on 1st Nov.

Hi Pink
yeah, this morning, I took a wet tissue and clean off the tyre, it didnt look as bad... but hor, guess what, I bang the side mirror in the afternoon at Vivio City....
sad.gif
The whole front cover of the side mirror came out, my fren managed to fix it back for me but not really fitted... Very suai.
sad.gif

Hi Van
Oh!! So Avos going to open door!! Fun!! I think he is old enough lah, just have to mind his little fingers dun get caught. Can ask him just touch the door handle like what my niece did at 16 mths.
happy.gif

End dec is pretty soon!! Have you prepared to be a nanny already? Also good time to have avos get use to having a baby around and get him involved.

No leh, hubby did not reply my sms. He is pretty cool abt his car lah, cos he himself being so 'experienced' also kena several big accidents. Just tt i dun feel too good abt it, after all the car is his not mine.

If Avos is ok with taking cheese and yoghurt, then should be alright. U have calcium fortified bread and biscuits there? Can try using them too. Tory's milk intake is formed out of habits partly too, she will ask for it when sleepy and when she wakes. But tory doesn't have breakfast, her milk is her breakfast.

Hi ruffy
yeah, the second car prices are so low tt that we also have to keep driving our Wish. At first, we thought of getting a new one (our current one is coming 3 yrs liao) cos installments will be lower even if we get back the same model, another 3 years new warranty, new feeling. We could have save at least $300 on installments alone. But too bad the OMV cannot cover the loan yet. Must wait another 1.5 to 2 years.

Wow, ryan is really lucky to have teachers doting on him.
happy.gif
Another new toy train to his collection. With his beloved teachers at the new CC, bet he will settle in fast.
Me praying for tory to like her new school when she starts in Jan. Is there anything I shld prepare for? I have already started talking abt new school ie she can have naps with her frens, eat lunch with them, dance play and take a school bus home....

Linda,
will join Ryan at the new school for the 1st 2-3 days. Also arranging to and fro school bus for him. I think you will need to prepare yourself for Tory's whining/crying, adjustment period etc. Maybe let her pack her favourite toy etc as a comfort item( that it what I did when he entered CC intially). Also manybe pack her favourite snack if she is not used to the food served there.
happy.gif

hi mommies,
we're back
happy.gif

tis morning for the 1st time (believe its on impulse) i told hb i dun wish to be here
sad.gif
the house is super dusty, plus the weather makes me feel even more 'sick' with my blocked nose n insufficent sleep. well, hope will get used to it real soon. cant stand the heat!

i'm thankful tat Avos behaved very well thruout the journey. he can self-entertain himself very well with the programs while both me n hb catching power nap :p the whole day he was very quiet, can see the 'jetlag expression' on his face. cross my fingers he's not gonna wake up thru the nite.

catch up again, got to take a nice cold shower then hide myself in the room liao... nitez...

Linda

Oops
sad.gif
... so have you fixed the side mirror?

Vivocity was very crowded when I went on Fri. Crowds... we did not stay long cos too noisy and crowded. How did you find it? Not all the shops are open.

Van

Wow! Welcome back! I thought of you this afternoon. wanted to sms you but decided agst it cos I suppose you were surrounded by family members. You all stayed at home instead??

The haze is BAD...
sad.gif

Get a good rest tonight! Catch up again!
happy.gif

Welcome back, Van! &amp; Hello, mOmmies!!!

Pls take care of yourself and Avos! The haze is a killer! I actually arranged for school bus transport for Kyla starting tomorrow due to the bad haze. The 10-15mins walk is very unhealthy both ways to &amp; fro! Bo-chap liao, pay another $60 for the short distance transport!

Sorry to MIA for so long! I was so busy with my current BPs.
sad.gif

HB is in HKG now. Will be back on Sat. This week will be busy for me too, catching up with my friends &amp; ex-colleagues over luncheons and teas.

Will fix a date for the gathering at my humble home next month. I hope everyone can turn up.
happy.gif

Dear Meiii
Sorry to hear what had happened - again. Pls stay strong. We are all behind YOU! Pop in sometime if you need to talk to someone.

Catch up again later...

Hi mummies and children,

Do take care of yourself as the haze is real bad. Will be busy.. as I've just taken up a degree course.

hi mummies,
something wrong with my internet connection. hb juz fixed it.

his grandma passed away on monday nite... seemed like she was really waiting for our return. dun worry, we're fine. i believe everyone in the family feels 'lighter' to see her relieved from all the pain. now everyday in the day busy with SIL's wedding preparation, evening busy at the wake.

thankfully Avos has been behaving well, doesnt fuss even if he's tired. i'm surprised tat he doesnt have much problem with the time diff. has been eating as usual n sleeping thru the nite. each time we travel, i will sense tat he has grown up
happy.gif

shimmrs,
thanks for the welcome. waiting for u to fix the date
happy.gif

Back