(2004/02) February Babes

dear mommies
Kyla and I are at the airport now. Flight got delayed. Departure in 1hr's time. Managed to get free access to the internet here but only for 15mins per pax, hahaha...

Pink
YOu may try to replace manuka honey with what you have at home. Take it neat with lemon juice squeezed from fresh lemon. OKie?

Got to go now... our terror friend is touching everything everywhere! Ta-boleh tahan liao!!!

Hi Mummies,

We're back. We came back on Tuesday and missed taking pics with the tanks :p

OCean World is really nice. I highly recommend. Better than our Underwater World. We din do much shopping though cos Jordan transformed into a koala bear on the first day and hubby and I both developed arm muscles on the second day. And I'm not sure if the room was unclean cos from the second nite onwards Jordan kept having nitemares in the night. But overall it was still a pleasant trip.
happy.gif

I haven't scrolled thru all the msgs. Will do that later.
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Ooh.. so quiet today. Guess everybody has a busy weekend.
happy.gif
Just for your info, Giant (Parkway Parade) is having alphabet mats at $5.95. Quite a number left. Not sure if other branches have them.

Hi Pink,
Glad u are better... The weather these days is horrible. Suddenly rain, then hot again.

Hi ruffy
happy.gif
Sentosa? Wow!! So you guys will be frequenting the beach very often huh? The admission fees to the various places of interest also free?

So you will be taking NPL for 2 years this round? Or intending to quit once after your maternity leave?

Hi Blue
Yeah, shopping with young kids no joke. Either they run too much or wanted to be carried too much... very hard to shop. The Ocean World nice?
happy.gif
Very tempted to go BKK for I never been there since abt 4 years ago. But then again, shopping is kind of out isn't it? So thought might have something interesting for the kids to keep them occupied?

Hi mummies
Have I told u guys tt tory is wean off her pacificer already? Not tt I am VERY thrilled by it cos she's taken to finger sucking.
sad.gif
But she doesn't need the pacificer to go sleep now though. She knows she spoilt them herself so sometimes when she ask for them I will say spoilt by yourself and she kept quiet.
happy.gif

Linda,
Admission to some stuff will be free not all free.. but with the pass can drive in free etc. Will not quit but just extend NPL.. Will take 2 yrs NPL.. coz if you quit you will lose your bonus/holiday pay which is pro-rated due to work this year.
Yeah..Ryan can go to the beach everyday if he wants
happy.gif

Good morning!

While driving ying to sch, it poured. But it's sunshine now.

Ruffy

Do you think it will be quite tedious to drive hb to sentosa to work, then ryan to siglap (cc) and then go grocery shopping with baby. Have you thought of that?

Ying

I think the sandals would be too small for avos. But it is thoughtful of you to find this link for Van!
happy.gif

Linda

Good to know that tory is not sucking pacifier anymore
happy.gif

Bluebell

Perhaps Jordan was over-stimulated by the new sights and experiences, that's why could not sleep well?

Glad the trip was nice! Tell us more about it, with pictures too!
happy.gif

Van

Packing to come back already?

Morning mummies,
Been a horrid night.. Ryan kept waking up and crying etc.. dunno what nightmare he has been having.. already a week...so zombie by him.
Also getting very fed up with his #3 CC.
Now awaiting to put him in the #4 CC as he will be most comfortable there with people he already knows and I know.
He is also getting very hesistant at bath time at home..which he used to love..also getting very bad tempered.. and have started scratching himself which he never did before.. I think he is really too bored at the present place.. and do see quite badly behaved pupils in his class which his teachers do not really discipine.. so once HB settles his new job will take him out of #3 CC.

PT,
Travelling will be tiring but it is quite impossible to bring both to shop for groceries etc.. no hand to hold the food liao.
happy.gif

Ruffy

Did you check if Ryan is having eczema or some kind of rash somewhere? Cos itch may disturb the child's sleep and makes him/her cranky. Or is the room too hot? Or is he not feeling well somewhere? eg. wind in the tummy? Or, maybe he is having problems adjusting at CC or adjusting to the changes in his life? sometimes, they dont know how to tell us what's bothering them. fussing and not sleeping well are just symptoms.

Halo! mommies
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
yar, was busy packing but not for the trip
happy.gif
packing away our summer stuff (quilt, clear balcony, clothings, digging soil - summer flowers wilted, place with green plants), lugging out the fall stuff... a 'spring cleaning' again! so far luggage still in storage, havent start packing. only yest sort out some infant clothings (given by a friend here) for my little nephew
happy.gif

schedule quite pack up to the week we return. but i like the feeling
happy.gif
few new families r here, so take the chance to meet more ppl. took the cars for couple of days, happy but sian to be a driver to fetch hb.

hb told me he may have to go Norway the week b4 we leave, stress again...

ruffy_happy,
if Ryan has no sign of other discomfort or sickness, could it be due to teething?

dearie,
yar as PT said, the size 'buay gam'
happy.gif
anyway, thanks!

pink_tulip,
busy yet happy (except fetching hb)
happy.gif
usually by the time he finishes work ard 5pm, i would already back home with Avos finish our errands. could have start preparing dinner but have to make a trip to pick him up - when he actually could have taken a short 15mins walk home... sian right? then if i need the car i have to walk to his office (he'll say '15mins walk only wat') to search for the car in the carpark... tats my lazy hb :p

Hi mummies,
It's confirmed tory will be going to childcare from next year.
Can anyone give me some ideas as of how to go abt scouting for one? Sigh...just as I thought I paid for her school term at Evangel already...
sad.gif

Should I place her near my place or near to my mum so tt in case I am late from work, my mum could help to fetch?

Linda

Your SIL is pregnant?

Re CC, I do not have much experience to share. But I am sure there are many mummies here and in other threads whom you can ask. I think your "feeling" and tory's "feeling" upon visiting the CC will be kind of accurate. Then from there, you can decide "yes" or "no!" Also, look at the other children's behaviour when you visit. Do they look happy and confident? I think it is good to observe the other children.

Mrs Shim,
I believe you will be back 2moro right ? Hope you had a good time munching on dim sum in HK, and some shopping.

Linda,
If your mum is available, then it's better to put your child in a childcare near mum's place. Just in case you have an urgent meeting at the last minute.

Hi pink,
Yep, actually 4mths liao, but all along she told me tt she will put infant care. Kind of feel cheated and dumped now, it is like a nightmare come true for me. I mean, What if I also get pregnant now leh? So because of this, I have to delay my getting pregnant if i dun want to put the second one in infant care. What jokes.... Sigh....Just feeling mean now...

I hope my 'feelings' worked... right now too messed up. Waiting for the long holiday in Oct to source the CC since I will be getting additional days leave. Will it be too late?

What are some questions I should be asking? I am worried abt tory's food and sleep. She fuss pot on food.

Hi Janet
Thanks. I also think so tt putting her near my mum is better, just tt hubby HAVE to send her there liao cos by foot kind of far esp morning rushing to work.... At night can stroll home from my mum's place.

Linda,
agree with PT, trust ur feelings during the scout
happy.gif

mommies,
MIL called saying her mom (hb's grandma) is hospitalised (again) n tis time doctors dont allow her to discharge home, even if she insists on leaving the hospital, she has to stay in the hospice. things really dun seems good for her
sad.gif
but according to MIL, she still doesnt want to give up. we believe its due to SIL's wedding, also wanting to see hb (his most pampered grandson & Avos, the 1st great-grand) so now we have to be on stand-by, hb asking me to start packing luggage liao...

*sigh* somemore hb confirmed his trip to norway next week. he tot of getting Avos n me to tag along, should his travel office allows him to drive up there (save money on airtixs) BUT Avos having his annual class photo-taking on tuesday
sad.gif

Linda,
Where to put the child is always difficult. Nearer to mum's office or grandma's home ? Who is able to pick the child home easily ?

Linda

Sorry to hear that your plan to put tory in that kindy has to be put aside and then suddenly, your baby #2 plan is also affected, and tory's child care arrangement as well. Don't fret. Cool down ok? I am sure you will be able to do something!
happy.gif

Van

Sorry to hear the sad news. When is the wedding? When are you due to return?

Just when you were telling me you have not brought out the suitcases to start packing...

you are reluctant to have avos miss the photo taking ya? Would you rather stay put and let hb return from norway to meet you before travelling back?

Ying just had hers taken last term and we got the copy at the beginning of this Term. She looked quite the same as compared to last year's.. but last year, she had more baby fat on her cheeks!

Hi Ruffy

Maybe Ryan is not happy and overwhelm at the CC, that's why he has nitemare? Children changes very often, sometimes they enjoy doing certain thing and another moment, they resent it. Jay's the same when comes to bath time. He used to love it and now he hates it. Got to drag him to shower every time and when he's happily playing with the water, he doesnt want to get up.

Hi Linda

It would be wise to find a CC nearer to your MIL or mum. Some CC does not provide dinner and your folks can cook her share so you didnt rush back to fetch/feed her. I rem in your earlier posting that you've offered to put Tory in CC? That's why your SIL may have changed her mind? No mummy would want to put their children especially infant in CC and that would be the last resort in my opinion. But don't worry too much as kids are very adaptable. Who knows Tory is happier at the CC and food wise is not a problem. Jay is also a fussy eater but I realised he actually eat better in school. He now attended playgroup 3 times a week but asked to go school everyday :p

pink_tulip,
we'll arrive sg on the 15th n SIL's wedding on the 22nd... another 2.5 weeks to home.

tis will be Avos' 1st class photo-taking. he missed the one last autumn when he started school only towards spring tis year. they will have 1 solo n 1 group shot. saw the pix of my friend's son taken last year by the same studio, quite pro, like those cover looks
happy.gif
decided to stay put for it, since hb will be travelling to office with the car, dun think i can go far in the rural area.

i feel sian also bcos we're suppose to attend the family day for Avos' school on monday late afternoon & also i have a 'party' with friends on thurs. so now daddy will not be ard to go for the school function n i cant attend the gathering with my friends
sad.gif

hb travelling next week, so will be back 1 week b4 our hometrip. ok lah, enuff of my 'complains'. now got to think positive n look forward
happy.gif

ruffy_happy,
how's Ryan last nite? able to sleep better?

bluebellas,
eh, where's ur holiday pix ah? :p

Gisele,
I think it is more of bored and not happy then overwhelm at the CC..anway hope he likes the next one better.
Van,
He was much better.. when he started making noise at the middle of night I gave him one bottle of milk and he fell asleep again till morning.. I think he was still hungry.
happy.gif

You will be back in SG soon.. less then 1 mth.. definately something positive to look forward to
happy.gif

van

So there will be one individual and one class photo?! That's nice! Must share the pics with us! I want to see.
happy.gif

BTW, is the service provided by the day care centre or do parents pay for it??

Ying's is a class photo. I think she will only get an individual one when she goes to K2.

So your plans for next week are affected. Cheer up ok?
kao_smile.gif

I will be updating my gals' fotopic tonight. I am determined to do it. Finally, the "urge" to do something about it has come! :p

ruffy_happy,
good to hear u had a better rest last nite
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
yeah! finally determined to update the webby
happy.gif
something for me to look forward tis evening hehe...

dun worry will share when we receive our copy of the photos. but hor not so soon cos will only receive the photos in our mailbox 2 to 3 weeks, when we already in sg... probably will get daddy to scan n email me a copy when he's back alone
happy.gif

we have to pay for the photos. according to the package, the class photo will cost abt S$20 (size 20x25), then the individual shot (1 pose only), they have different prices for different sizes or 'package'. like black n white print, 1 piece 20x25 OR 3 pieces 6x8 together with 4 pieces 4x5, make it to a calendar etc. prices range from S$8 to S$28. professional service here is always expensive. from wat i know they will send a full complete set, then we can choose which one to keep (and pay
happy.gif
) those tat we reject juz have to return them by mail. if the individual shot turns out good, may order 1 more 20x25 for nai nai
happy.gif

yar i think the individual photo in sg is taken when in K2, with the square hat
happy.gif

Hi Van

Finished the updating... phew...
happy.gif
*tired eyes and neck*

Oh, got to pay... but ok lah... if you take avos to a studio in sg to get an indiv shot, it might cost just as much, or more!

Mummies

If you are interested, can browse through the pics at http://www.tansh.fotopic.net/
happy.gif
Thank you!

Pink
Looking at your girls pic always never fail to bring a smile to my face
happy.gif

Did anyone tell you that Dorcas is getting prettier. Look at 'its pool time' pic
happy.gif

Sarah knocked out pic also very funny...wonder how she could think of using the seat belt to suspend her head..haha
biggrin.gif

Hi Vanessa,
My son's K2 photo package cost $28:
*1 8R photo in graduation clothes
*2 photos - formal/funny pics
*3R photos (can't remember how many)

Concert DVD cost $18 (separate cost). Also have to pay $20 for his costumes and buy a suit as well. Very expensive.

Mrs Shim,
You must be catching up on your beauty sleep since you came back late yesterday. Do update us on your apartment hunting 'exercise', shopping & eating sprees.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hi Gisele!

Thank you, thank you!
happy.gif

Hmmm... no lah.. maybe it's just that angle.

When I was updating the webby last night, I also looked at some of the older pics - pics taken when they were really small... aiyo... felt very nostalgic and "wow-they-have-grown-so-much" kind of feeling!

I kept taking the belt away from ying's chin
and tried to make her lie down, but though she was sleeping, she kept pulling the belt back to "support" her head!:p

THanks for viewing.
happy.gif

Hi Pink
Yeah, my plans all messed up... And I wonder if I should go ahead with baby no. 2 this year...
sad.gif
I cannot tahan sudden changes and they deciding things for me without asking or consulting me. I like things to be confirmed...hence very upset and angry and not in right state of mind now.

MIL just said this morning if I get pregnant then she will have to come back to help me but by then tory already in CC and means I have to pull her out and find a NEW school AGAIN for her. I dun like... Have to think of the child's emotional aspect.
I have scouted 2 CC near my place, I quite like like the YMCA. Cleaner, brighter and the in-charge seems very understanding and concern abt MY emotional state more than tory. HAHAHA... But the way they handle the kids is better than the second one I saw. Only hope they have vacancies for me. Aiyoh, cried buckets for 2 days liao, now eyes puffy very ugly.
sad.gif

Got to check out your girls' pictures later! Took half day to scout CCs earlier.

Hi Janet,
Thanks for advise, I have decided to get a one-way transport for her to my mum's place where she will get home cooked dinner. Have to trouble my mum and hopefully she will be able to cope with 3 kids!! If not then tory will have to eat tabao food everyday liao. Also thot of engaging a PT maid for my mum to help clean up the place on weekends lor.
Anyway, will discuss with hubby again on this arrangement. Gosh, one family trouble kena so many people.

Hi Gisele
Thanks for the comfort. I never ever offered to place tory in CC cos i never believe in CC if given a choice. That's y i am upset. I felt like I am not given a choice. It is a decision not made by me.
Hopefully like Jay, tory will take to CC like fish in water. She will enjoy the company of many friends, just tt I hope she will adapt well to a new sleeping, eating environment and that she will receive a lot of attention and love from the teachers given tt there are so many children and so little teachers.... She is very attention seeking.
sad.gif

Hi Van
Sorry to hear the news. 2.5 weeks before you are back! fast hor?
happy.gif
Is avos going to be part of wedding team?
Class photo!! Wow...another milestone for us parents yes? I can imagine my pride when tory takes her class photos. In fact, thinking abt it now very teary liao. Grown up liao.

pink_tulip,
saw the pix last nite but too tired to write. yes, the girls has grown alot! Ying's look didnt change much, but she looks more dong shi now, not as cheeky
happy.gif
Dorcas' does change a little, getting more pretty
happy.gif

Linda,
aiyo... dun feel so sad already lah, since things already happened, must look forward n think positively. good that your mum volunteers to help u shld #2 comes along. i also dun like the idea of frequent changing school. i told hb if we leaving sweden in april 2008, i wouldnt want to transfer Avos to the english pre-school in july 2007. no point switching for juz 6 mths. actually kids adapt very fast, sometimes its us, the parents, who think too much. take the opportunity to teach 'tian1 xia4 mei2 you3 bu2 san4 zhi1 yan4 xi2' since young. be positive, new environment, new friend, new start
happy.gif

cheer up ok?
happy.gif

oh yar, mommies, thanks for the prayers & appreciate to keep it going. yest MIL told me tat her mum felt better
happy.gif
Praise the Lord!

Van

Hi! Happy to hear that your MIL's mum is feeling better!

Girls have grown a lot hor?!! Ying is indeed more 'dong shi' now.
happy.gif
Happy about that. Hope she won't regress. Dorcas is not so babyish liao, not just looks, behaviour too (meaning, she is capable of mischief and wilful disobedience ha ha ha....). Dorcas is testing her limits more often these days. However, I find it manageable. Ying gave me more problems, cos she is more vocal and strong-willed. Maybe my threshold has been increased manifold from taking care of her. Hee... But Ying is more self-controlled and obedient of late. Of course still giving problems from time to time, but showing improvement.
happy.gif
Praise God!

Last Sun, there was a mini bday celebration in church. All the children were eating cake. Dorcas did not want to join in. She has this unknown fear ever since the church camp. Was clinging to me/hb. Anyway, Ying saw her sis who was not joining in and asked, "Do you want a piece of cake?" Dorcas nodded. She asked me, " Mummy, can I take a piece of cake for Dorcas?" We said yes. Then she proceeded to tell the auntie who was cutting the cake. "Auntie, can you give my mei mei a little piece of cake?" she asked. Then she gave me the cake. She realised there was no spoon. She went over to get a spoon for Dorcas. "Spoon for mei mei," she said, then went back to her eating. Hb and I were very touched by her love for sister.
happy.gif

Linda

If you have no.2 and MIL returns to help you, you can still leave tory in CC. Why would you need to change school for her?

All the best for your CC selection! I hope you will be able to work things out swee swee and cheer up soon!
happy.gif

hi mommies

We are back last mid-night. Flight got delayed out of HKG too. Reached home at 1am. I am down with bad sinus and fever today. Will catch up with the postings tomorrow.

Hi Linda

I feel for you, I've experience the same dilemma last year. As Van mentioned, stay positive ok. Tory might whine for the first few days/weeks but overtime, I'm sure she will enjoy the company of other children. It takes 2 months for Jay to happily settled down in his current school.

Do you want to find a CC which covers Nursery to K2 curriculum so there's no need to switch school if she does not have to attend full day CC anymore.

Hi Linda,

Scouting for CC? As a CC teacher, I feel that one should be comfortable with the teachers (and other staff in the sch) and the environment cos once you are comfortable, you will tend to trust the school more. Don't worry about the child not settling down. It may take a little longer for the child at this age to settle down, but it takes cooperation from the child to the teacher to the parents. I'm sure the teachers will know how to handle it. I've even seen parents cried when their child is having fun and ignoring them when they are standing at the window peeping! So don't worry too much! Take things one step at a time!
happy.gif

Hi Van
Thank goodness your grandma-in-law is feeling better.
happy.gif
A positive thing isn't it?

Yes, most of the time we cannot expect a lot of things to be confirmed. So I think I have to learn to let go...that's what the supervisor at the CC told me. I am learning to now, and hopefully again when I proceed to leave tory there. And I am still trying to come to terms with the 'betrayal' feeling I have and learn to forgive. time will help I think.

The making of No. 2 postpone until further notice liao.

Hmm...regarding the switch to english school, how soon will your hubby knows whether or not he will be continuing?

Hi Pink
Aiyoh, I will be crying if I saw my eldest do that. Ying really big girl liao, know how to care for sister and behave like jie jie. Praise worthy!!

I would prefer for tory to be home instead of CC even with no. 2 hence the need to 'change school'. So I feel not very healthy to change routine often. very tramatising? Perhaps for me only lah.
lame.gif

Hi Gisele
yeah, I asked YMCA but they only do full or half day care. Not the school hours type which I would prefer for tory if there is someone caring for her at home. Guess this arrangement will be for permanent.

Hi Ying,
Thanks for your input. I wonder if I am correct in my urgency and state of mind lor...I think YMCA is not bad, but that is compared only to the second one I saw. When I was at the 2nd one, saw a teacher leading a group of children back from playground. A boy, last of the group was crying and lagging behind. the teacher, very young, did not even look at him. Then after a short wait for the suervisor at the other side of the room, I return to the other side where the SAME boy is still crying at the door and no one is paying any attention to him. That put me off.

I understand what u mean. When tory runs off to her class at her current school, it make me wonder if i am not impt in her heart.
happy.gif
I seriously hope and pray tt she will take to the arrangements at CC and tt YMCA can accept her entry.

Linda,

If you can, go scouting around for more schools and compare which one you are comfortable with. Constant reassurance from the school to the parents is needed, especially if this is your first child going to school. Once parents are settled themselves, then can the child be settled with the people and the environment. Wish you the best of luck! Cheers!
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
good to hear tat Ying is showing improvement in her behaviour
happy.gif
i feel happy for u each time i hear Ying's love for Dorcas
happy.gif

Linda,
time will definately help and in the meantime stay positive yar
happy.gif
sometimes have to let go n give some opportunities for our darling to grow
happy.gif
i'm also still learning...

mommies,
both daddy n son r down with runny nose *sigh* i start to take my dose of vit c, dun wish to be the next 'victim' when i have to stay home with avos alone next week
sad.gif

hi mummies,
Mrs shims,
welcome back..hope that you recover soon
happy.gif

tomorrow & Friday on MC to rest at home.. really want to siam those monkeys in sch..getting from bad to worst.. don't even show respect for anyone/ only want to play or fight the whole day long.

PT,
your gals are so loving..esp Ying.. she is growing up to be a responsible elder sister
happy.gif

Van,
Hope that the guys get well soon.. or else will be very tiring for you
happy.gif

Ruffy

Thanks for looking at the pics.
happy.gif

Take care too!

Van

I have started taking Vit C daily (and EPO as well). Hmm... for better immunity agst colds and flu and hee.. hopefully, better complexion.. hahaha... You must take care and drink lots of fluids and wash hands often (esp after cleaning off avos' mucus).
happy.gif

Linda

How was your scouting?

I see... so when baby #2 arrives, you would want tory to be in a kindy and spend the rest of the time at home ya? I understand now.

Actually, it's kind of difficult to predict and plan... what about taking a step at a time?

Just suggesting one possible scenario: tory spends 1 year or so at CC (2007). As the more "formal" pre-school education starts at Nursery level, you can then register her next year in April or so for Nursery (in 2008) cos maybe by then (2008), your no. 2 might have arrived and your MIL would be back to help you, and you can let tory attend the kindergarten from Nursery to K2. So it is not as disruptive. It would not be advisable to change school in K1 or K2 though.

Anyway, just thinking aloud and suggesting only... do discuss with your hb and your kid's caregiver(s). Look around at a few more CCs first. Also, you might want to visit the CC a 2nd time (those you shortlist) before making the final decision.
happy.gif

Pink
So 'wen xin' to see Ying's love for Dorcas
happy.gif
I can still rem how she hold mei mei hands in the lift and think of her everytime u bought something for Dorcas
happy.gif

You've 2 lovely girls...so 'xian mu'
happy.gif

Van
Take care ya. Not easy to take care of Avos alone when you're unwell. Luckily your hubby's only away for 1 week
happy.gif

Shim
Hope you get well soon. Cant wait to hear about your trip
happy.gif

Hi Ying
Thanks. Hmm, can i ask if most CCs conduct their lessons for diff age group students together (in diff 'sections' but in the same room. That's the only thing i dun like abt YMCA. 3 classes were held together and i cannot imagine how the students can hear the teacher.

Hi Van
Oh dear, daddy and Avos is down with flu? Hope they get better soon. And u have to rest more and with the vit c, hopefully the virus won't get to you. So daddy is confirmed going to Norway himself?

yes...we all have to learn. Just now when pretending to sleep with tory, I couldnt help "hu si ruan xiang" and started sniffing and crying softly. And u know what? Tory (whom I thought was sleeping liao) sat up and patted my head and said softly "dun be sad". Maybe it is a sign tt she understands and everything will be fine. Either tt or too much Dora VCDs again.
happy.gif

hi ruffy
Unwell? You have to take care and take the opportunity to rest well at home.

Hi Pink
EPO is good for skin. I am eating EPO and Vit C for abt 3 mths liao and can see the improvement in my eczema. Together with the Nivea cream, I hope my scars will disappear soon.

Thanks for your suggestions. I think it is advisable to do what you have mentioned. Instead of pulling her out from CC in the middle, I might as well leave her there for a whole year and then if the situation allows, have her enrolled in Nursery class and she be at home the rest of the day. Feeling so mean tt I think I won't have a 2nd one just to spite everyone
lame.gif
But i won't lah
happy.gif

The girls look more diff as they grow!! Ying definately looks very much mature compared to last time. A girl liao, not toddler anymore. Dorcas still look shy.
happy.gif
How fast time flies.

mommies,
thanks
happy.gif
thankfully they r juz having mild runny nose, no fever. the only way to keep the nose dry is either to sleep or go outdoor (dry climate). daddy took medical leave for tmr as well, asked him to fetch Avos to school so i dun have to rush for my lesson :p

Gisele,
actually daddy away for 4 days, mon - thurs only
happy.gif

pink_tulip,
very difficult to stay germs-free from Avos. when i pick him up from school his face was full of semi-dry mucus (his trs wouldnt clean for them) he ran n bump onto me with a big kiss on my lips. yeeeeaks!

Linda,
yar, daddy travelling alone. decided to stay put for Avos' class photo-taking. holiday can be another time but class photo once a year only leh...
happy.gif

good to see tat u start to 'xiang3 tong1'
happy.gif
eh, i believe our darlings can sense our emotions n do understand. Tory has been an independent girl, dont have to worry too much yar
happy.gif

<font color="119911">Mrs Shim,</font>
Take Zyrtec for your sinus and 2 Panadol to rest in bed as much as possible.

<font color="119911">Linda,</font>
Congrats on your pregnancy. How are you feeling ?

Linda,
Most CC that I have been to they conduct classes seperately for different age groups. (divided by partitions). However after naptime they may group them together if most of the 1/2 day kids have left. Another thing that you will need to consider is that the cost factor if you need to x2 for the CC charges if Tory is still there when #2 is ready to enter CC..also if it will be convenient for MIL/caregiver to fetch both Tory at Pri school and #2 from childcare later on.. (maybe this is a bit too long term planning) Also need to check if there is bus service from CC to your place so in-case if it really too troublesome to fetch her from CC then at least she can take the school bus home.
Have you visited the CC with Tory together? Must see if she really like the place. For you to like it is not enough as what I have learnt so far.. the place maybe very good but if like Ryan refuse even to step through the main door then no point liao.

Discipline in school really to the dog.. I think that dog in obedient trainning school behave much better then those monkeys in class coz since they remove the cane system.. not much choice in how you can discipline them. Give up screaming/scolding them only causing me to have heatburn and contractions. Don't want to end up with premature labour so going to discuss with gyane on getting hospitalisation leave to rest at home next week. The monkeys all can't be bothered to study type and their parents are equally not concerned about their acadamic results..so won't be any help to us teachers.

Gisele

I am sure your boy melts your heart too!
happy.gif

Linda

Wah! Tory patted you and asked you not to be sad ah?! That's so sweet!

EPO is good for healing eczema, I read! I am taking Kordel's. It has Vit E in it- which is good for skin too. I used to take GNC's (no vit E). But I like the current one better. I take it because I heard/read that it is supposed to help in the hormonal aspects... managing PMS better... I get bad mood, hot flushes and bloating a week before "da yi ma" visits...
sad.gif

My gals are taking Redoxon Vit C (tablets for sucking) and I think it is good! I think it helps them to be stronger. I get this "feeling" which I do not get when they took other brands. Then again, may vary among individuals. Or perhaps my gals' immunity is now a bit better (after falling sick ever so often for the past year...hahahahaha).

No lah.. go for baby#2. They are blessings! And tory will be very glad to have a sibling to grow up with!
happy.gif

Van

Wah! Avos is so affectionate!!! Did your heart melt?!?!! Altho "eeeeekkss" but am sure you felt happy! My gals do not kiss me much leh... hee... different lah... my hb and I also not the very affectionate kind... :p

Hey, drink more water and take your Vit C!
happy.gif

Hi Van
Yeeeeks!!! Semi dried somemore? HAHAHHAA.... yeah, diff not to get those germs from our darlings esp when they are so fond of kissing and hugging.
happy.gif

Yeah, class photos are treasures to be kept. Memories... Norway can go again esp if you guys are staying in sweden for a while more.

Hi Janet,
Oops, you misunderstood. me not preggie yet.

Hi ruffy,
The class I saw also have partitions. But it is low (open concept) so the noise level is there. Maybe I not used to it. Most places like this huh?
Yes, will bring tory to check out those I am comfortable with. then see how from there. I am omitting those who says no milk of your own, and worst, no milk before nap. Yeeks!! I think I really need to get used to the idea tt not like at home liao.
That's why teachers these days diff to be yes? The children these days unlike our times. Cannot scold, cannot beat. Too precious? Hmmm.... really takes a lot to be a teacher. U better rest at home, the way you describe, give u contractions?? Better not play play.

Hi Pink
Currently on Vitahealth or something like that. Cheaper. I get mine from Watsons or Guardian when they on sales. Or something when John Little sales, can get them cheaper too. Mine also contain Vit E. I stopped taking Vit E by itself eversince the condition improved. Very ex.
lame.gif

yeah, for that moment tory patted me, I was stunned, shocked and overwhelmed. I am glad tory is such a affectionate girl too.
happy.gif
Warms my heart. And it is not too late for you to start being affectionate!!
happy.gif
Start with little kisses and hugs in mornings daily. Soon, they will learn tt these hugs and kisses can be for anytime of the day!

Tory is still taking her multi vitamins and colostrum. The number of times she is down with illnesses also went down. thankfully I started her earlier at least now go CC, hoepfully her immunity is better hence lesser chance of falling sick.

Back