1st Trimester - First Pregnancy

Hi all,
Need advice..I am in my 4th weeks after a successful IVF. However, I experienced some abdominal cramps (also on both sides). It comes and go.. I am abit worried that it may be ectopic. What should I do? The cramp is not severe and it comes and go.

hey royal : i read that abd cramops are normal so long as they are not sharp pain. cramping cos due to enlarging of the uterus as well.
I have occassional ones as well
Enjoy your pregnancy!
happy.gif

hi all.this is my 1st preganancy
any things to look out for?what do i need to eat etc, have a mix feeling now
at first fred about not pregnant
now worried about putting on weight, not eating well etc anxiety feelings now

hi Royal,
can get ectopic pregnancy through ivf? i thought dr put embryo into the uterus and they should stay in the uterus. i'm also into 4th wks pregnant through ivf. sometimes feel sharp pain on the left side. not sure if it's gastric. dr transferred 3 embryos. hcg was high. dr said it looks like twin. but worry that it'll be triplets. going to see dr for scan this saturday.

yufeng, this is my first too - just ensure you can enough nutrients for yourself and baby, take prenatal supplements, don't eat too much rubbish (but I still take junk food :p)

And don't worry about putting on weight - I can't wait to put on weight! That means baby is growing!! Yeah! Just don't eat for two - I heard an additional 300 calories a day will suffice..

Hi ladies,
My name is Vini. I have read through hundreds of forums written by yourselves and other women like you.

I am in the middle of my research for a programme called pregnancy and parenting.

Could anyone who is willing to give an interview about what it all meant to you.
I know this is a very sensitive topics something which is very personal. But like how all of you are sharing your experiences here.
I would like these experiences to be heard by many more.

It will give them answers to who to speak with , which gyne to consult, what is the reality which is attached to IVF and etc.

If any of you are willing to talk about it please kindly contact me on +65-98868894.

Thanks

Vini

Hi Angeline,

Not neccessary that dr place embbies in uterus, they will stick just there, if so, then why is ectopic risk there in IVF right? My cramps has gone away now and replacing it is sore breasts. I sleep and eat well. :) My 1st scan will be in thus thurs. Hope everything will be fine.

For my case, dr tfrd 2 Embbies.

May I know what sort of food should I eat that are good for me now? I am taking Folic Acid and Duhaspton pills.

Good luck to you..:)

hi Royal,
now i realized can get ectopic in IVF too. i went for scan last saturday. it's not twins. it's only one. a bit disappointed as i was expecting twins
sad.gif
but dr said it's better for me. as i'm a small size person. i didn't buy insurance too.
dr said don't eat deep water fish like shark, tuna,.... and try to avoid coffee and tea. he said the study shows that there is a risk of miscarrage. the morning sickness is killing me. i feel like vomiting the whole day but stuck at the chest. i try to avoid coffee and tea. so there is only milo and milk for me to drink for breakfast. but i want to vomit more if i see milo and milk. hope it'll be over soon.
i'm taking folic acid, duhaspton, aspirin and estrogen tablet. but he asked me to stop the estrogen once i finish the balance. aspirin is to thin my blood so more nutrients will go to the baby. and i read from a book that coconut juice is good for pregnant ladies. should drink everyday. so now i'm drinking young coconut juice which my husband bought for me from NTUC.
by the way, i heard from a friend that the cramps could be due to ivf stimulation because your ovary is still large. but it's good that u get better now.
for me, i failed my fresh ivf cycle which dr transferred 2 embryos. now i'm pregnant from frozen embryos. one survived out of three.
happy.gif

hi angeline, yes coconut juice is gd for pregnant ladies...but heard its onli gd for those in 3rd trimester. Its veri liang wan n may cause miscarriage esp at early stages, dun drink it now if u r in yr 1st trimester.

hi royal, mi oso transferred 2 embryos...n my 1st scan on tis thur. Hw many weeks r u preggie? Which hospital r u in? Mi did icsi at kk n i m into 6weeks nw.
happy.gif

u can go for food like lean pork, fish, chicken, egg, beans, nuts. Avoid sharkfins and those high mercury fish. Some books said avoid tuna too. Hope these info r useful to u.

Hi can anyone advise me? my menses is frequently irregular. my last menses was 12th jan to 16th jan and my menses is still not here yet. so when do you guys think i shld take a preggy test at home?

hi is this thread still running?? it's sept now.. so those who just came in, do we want tostart another or continue from here? =)

I think we can continue from here.. would like to ask, ever since I'm pregnant (now week 9), I've been waking up to go toilet every 2 hrs at night.. I have a habit of drink some water before I go to bed before I'm pregnant..

now, I ate the supplements half an hour before I sleep and drank quite abit of water as I've some problems swallowing the pills..

but in the day time, I dun go so many times.. is this normal?

Hi,
This is my first baby and I'm in my 6th weeks now. I need to put on make-up due to work requirement but I have some concerns which I need your advice. Is it safe to use the following products during pregnancy?
1) T3 Acne Body Wash
2) Head & Shoulder Anti-dandruff shampoo
3) Laneige Ex Water Sleeping Pack
4) The Body shop Vitamin E Night Nourishing Cream
5) Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Facial Cleanser
6) Kiehl's Calendula Herbal Extract Toner
7) Bioterm Biosource Clarifing Milk Cleanser
8) GloMineral GloPressed Base Powder
9) Kose Ultimation Softening Cleansing Oil

Thanks.

hi Anna,

I'm currently using T3 Acne Body Wash after my fren recommended this to be after knowing I started to have pimples on my back. Heard the pimples are due to hormones changed and for some it only happened during the 1st trimester. I've used it for about 3 weeks and the pimples on my back are getting lesser, but duno isit bcos I'm coming to the end of the 1st trimester or the body wash.

hmm.. I won't dare say it is safe.. but so far for me, there's no side effect (touchwood).. you may want to check wif ur gynae for professional advice..
happy.gif

hi Anna,

Coke is a no-no jus like coffee and tea (tats wat my gynae told me).. but I occasionally got drink coffee to curb my cravings cos my gynae say once a cup is okay.. :p Coke can be substituted by ribena or soya bean drink.. so far I do not have any MS (touchwood*) so I cant give u my views.. but I guess the usual stuff are sour plums? check wif ur gynae bah, they are the best person to advice you..

Hi Miracle,

Thanks for your advice. I was told no coke too...so many forbidden food and drinks.
sad.gif

By the way, I was told by a skin doctor yesterday that T3 Acne Body Wash is not safe to use during pregnancy. The gynae don't seems to know anything about the product ingredients. I have stopped using it....hope it will not affect my baby as I have been using it since pregnancy. I will suggest that you will to stop using it now too.

Hi Anna,

Oh is it? my thinking is since the body wash is externally use, it shouldnt affect the baby.. I'll ask around my frens too.. thanks for sharing..
happy.gif

Hi Anna,

Indeed, I was told such body wash is unsafe to use- not even pimple cream. So I've switch back to the shower gel I use before pregnant.. Now I'm thinking whether can we use those daily moisturiser, toner, apply cosmetic..

Another question I have is, my weight and length of my tummy has been the same every week for the past 1.5mths, is this normal?

Hi, tested positive today and this is my first pregnancy. Anyone can advise me when I should start to visit the gynae?

Cheeryz - congrats. any idea how many weeks from LMD? No hard and fast rule as to when you can visit the gynae. You should start taking folic acid first.

Personal advice though is to see gynae arnd 6-7 wks (provided you are not experiencing any discomfort). This is arnd the time where the u/s will be able to detect heartbeat.

Thanks Wobblejelly. I have gotten some folic acid from the polyclinic and had made my 1st appointment with the gynae on the 7th week of my pregnancy. Now not sure if I should go to private or subsidized hospital for delivery...

Hi mommies there,

This is my first pregnancy and I am about 4+ weeks conceived, aout 6 weeks from last menstrual period.

In this case, am I supposed to be 4 or 6 weeks pregnant? as I am confused

And I am having a bad nauseousness which made me throw up or want to vomit

Seen a doctor at KKH yersdaty and got some anti histamine medicines but eaten and felt very drowsy and cannot work.

Very nauseous still.

<font color="aa00aa">congrats ladies!~

i wonder whether shld go for Private (TMC/Mt A) or KKH (Subsidised or Private)

seeking female gynae... but so hard to find n what are the costs. etc now????

most good ones left KKH le, like Irene Chua, haizzz</font>

Hello cheeryz, if you can afford it go for private class (B1/A1) in restructured hospital like SGH, NUH, KKH depending on where you stay. Let me know if you want to know more, and why i advise you to choose private class. I am a staff nurse in O&amp;G ward.

You can PM me or whatapps me at 90225463

Hi all, I'm 1st time new mum-to-be here.

Just saw Dr. Han @AMK KKH Women Clinic last Wed. Dr. said bb about 5weeks+, but cannot see heartbeat yet. Ask me go back to see him again after two weeks (3rd Aug).

I have no morning sickness also, but just feel no appetite although can still finish my lunch and dinner everyday.

After I saw Dr. Han last week, the next day got some brownish discharge when I wipe after go toilet. Appear twice then I quickly go back home and rest. No more after that. Is it normal? Is it 'implanation' bleeding? so far stomach no cramp, but feel dizzy these few days.

Hi evonchan, i have spotting when i'm 5 weeks pregnant. but so far, its same into normal, hopefully nothing happen when time to confine.

Milk powder/fresh milk is okay that's what i take when i'm pregnant, additional supplement form your pregnancy.

Back