1st Trimester - First Pregnancy

haha thanks BB...im going tonite...to Dr Roy,,heard that he's quite ex tho...anyone got contct for Dr Adrian Woodworth and any further comments??

Hi, I tested last saturday and it was positive
happy.gif

Any recommended doctor around Tiong Bahru area?

Soeur15,

u can find it in a web under Obs & Gynae s'pore web..i got it fm 1 of the threads here..as i'm now in ofc, i dun hv e link.. there r threads on specific gynae in this forum
happy.gif

Hi,

I'm 5weeks pregnant now. I'm having backache and abit cramps like having menstrual pain...
I went for a scan on my 4weeks then the doc cannot see anything at the moment.

Anyone experience that?

Hello everyone,

I have just given birth to a baby boy in Mt Alvernia in April.

My thoughtful hubby had bought me the Germitrol air sterilizer to minimise chances of me falling sick and consuming strong medicine thus affecting the baby during my pregnancy.

It worked! I did not catch those flu. Willing to sell at 30% discount since we have used it for a few months now. Still under warranty and in excellent condition. private message me if interested.

(He bought it after reading about it in this pregnancy article)
http://www.asiaone.com/Business/Story/A1Story20080826-84365.html

Its perfectly fine to continue, as long you don't experience bleeding or discomfort and both of you are in the mood
happy.gif
My gynae say just try to limit to twice a week.

Just found out I'm preggie last nite.
Have been having funny taste on my tongue and keep burping. At times, also a bit wet at the bottom. Anyone has the same symptoms? Normal?

here there...
new here too...
I tested last Fri & found out I was preggy...
hmmm... I bought another kit yesterday, intend to test again... I'm burping frequently which is quite unusual.
sad.gif
and also feel like vomitting thru'out day and nite...
sad.gif
couldn't sleep well too...

Hi, guess I knew why wet...cos' I had spotting the next day. Dark brown should be ok right? Went to see gynae today but can't scan the sac. A little disappointed, doc asked me to go back next wk. Hopefully can see..

hi ladies,
I'm new here.. and confuse too..
My menses are very regular.. but it's abt 1 wk late. Bought the ClearBlue test strip tis afternoon and had a faded positive result..
Any advice if I shld do another test soon or shld I wait for another week ?
I'm not having any obvious symptons ..only slight nausea after I had my meals.. and my boobs are feeling slightly heavy...
Any advice will be great.. thks

if it's faint positive, you should be pregnant. you can wait for a few days to take again or you can go to a gp to confirm. =)

thks melissa..
indeed.. we went to the GP tis morning and confirmed tat.. Shld be in my wk6 now..
But still feeling some uncertainty as I've yet to see the real thing.. got to wait till early July for my gynae appt now...

Hi all

I did a HCG self-test and it was positive. Did 3 times over 2 days just to be sure.

As I am not living in SG currently and the medical facilities are not exactly convenient here, could you advise me on which week of pregnancy do I go for my first ultra-sound? I am currently 4 weeks pregnant I think. I am trying to avoid being too worried in the possible consequence of not detecting anything from ultrasound if it is too early.

Thanks.

Fangfang and the rest

This morning I noticed that I have light brown stain on my panties and in the afternoon I have it again. I have cramps on and off but not painful cramps. Just bloated stomach and slight cramps. I am very worried.

I have friends who started off with light brown stain and eventually become bright red and miscarriages. However, I have read in the internet that brown stain could be normal too.

Tomorrow morning I will be going to the hospital to check. God bless me and my baby.

Hi baby_pink

I was provided with duphaston and the stain has stopped since then. Thank God.
Going for the next check in a few weeks' time.
I didn't know it is so not easy being pregnant. Saw so many pregnant ladies looking so great...as though everything is still the same. Not much stress.

Hi everyone,

I am new here. Wanna clarify sth with everyone - When does the first trimester end? Week 11 Day 7 or Week 12 Day 7?

I am in a dilemma on when to tell my dad-in-law about my pregnancy. Hubby and I decide to tell him after first trimester but we dunno when. Ha.

Anyone can advise?

Thanks! =)

JSbaby > i do agree with u.... i too saw many pregnant ladies and they do look great! But i personally feel so much stress.... lolz
Yew Yew maybe u shd ask ur hubby to inform him ba.
happy.gif

Hi, Anyone knows how much it cost to do the scan in NUH when you are 12 weeks. I think normally your doc will advise you to do that. Thanks in advance

JSbaby! How are you now? I am in the exact situation as you.. brown stain, not much cramp though.. Went to a gynae, he was so negative about it, he said, bleeding is never normal. It is most likely to be a miscarriage. Almost faint when i heard the word. He gave me Progestrone to take. I think I will seek for another Gynae's opinion.. probably going to KK straingt away next week. Am worried, is my 1st pregnancy, and I always thought it won't be hard for me as I have always been healthy. Who knows!

Hi Shann
I am feeling ok except a bit bloated. I really thank God for it. I heard that brown stain is not as bad as red blood stain. How many weeks are you now? I heard that sometimes it is due to the last menstruation not fully cleared out or the implantation of the pregnancy sac or something like that.Not all blood stains lead to miscarriages although there is a possibility.

The duphaston that I took helped I think. After taking that, my spotting stopped. Do not be too worried although I know it is difficult not to be. Try not to move around too much for now. Preferably stay at home and rest more. And don't carry heavy stuff or walk around too much. I was also advised not to have cold drinks or eat anything "liang" like watermelon etc.

I was also advised to take blood tests to measure the HCG and the Progestrone levels over a span of 2 days interval. If there is a decrease in HCG level, there could be a cause for worry. If the HCG level goes up...supposedly about double within 1-2 days, it will be good.
Maybe you can ask the doctor if it is necessary for you to take any form of test during your next visit.

Take care and try not to worry too much.

Hi,
I have irregular menses. Can be between 30 to 40 days... Unlike regular 28 days menses. I did my pregnancy test and found out that i am pregnant. I went for my first check up and saw a sac, my gynae asked me to come back in 2 weeks time but after my 2nd scan, we still see a sac but without heartbeat. If based on a 28 day cycle, i will be ard 8.5 wks preggy, but as my cycle is irregular, i think i should be preggy for 6.5 wks. My gynae suggested that i should do a wash out but i do not have any signs of spotting. I feel tired and hungry all the time. Is it normal not to see any heartbeat at 6.5 wks?? Anyone experienced the same situation as me ??

Hi Ratson,

I hope you are fine now...

Rightfully, u will be able to detect baby heartbeat (foetal pole) when u see your bb. Did u see your bb on the ultrasound or just the pregnancy sac? Only when u see your bb, then will the doctor be able to confirmed how many weeks are u now. So, 6.5 wks pregnant is it based on estimation of your LMP?

I had the same situation 3 yrs ago. Unfortunately, by 7.5 wks, there is still no signs of heartbeat, and I have experienced bleeding even though had total bed rest & given Duphaston as medication. Eventually, I did a procedure to remove the unsuccessful pregnancy.

What did your doctor advise you? Perhaps u should seek for a second opinion...

God bless

Shaan,

I was devastated when my gyn said that there was no heartbeat and he asked me to do a wash out on the very day we went for a scan. I was shocked, fear and cannot believe it so tats why i was given one more week before i go for another scan.

It was a miracle that u wrote to me. I feel that it is God's will that u wrote to me.

I can only see a pregnancy sac at the moment. I cannot see my baby and 6.5 weeks of my pregnancy is base on my LMP.

I did not experience any bleeding or adominal cramps/pain. Tats y i do not want to believe the bad reports tat the doctor told me.

I hope God has healed your emotional wounds and your body.

God bless

Hi Ratson,

How is everything for you & your baby? I really hope everything is fine & I pray that you & your baby is well.

I hope to hear from you... Do give me a pm if you are more comfortable.

Take Good Care!

Regards

I had bleeding (brown stains and watery blood) for whole of last week till now. Just came back from the gynae.. Had a scan and it showed a gestational sac but no yolk. I'm supposed to be at 7 weeks tomorrow according to my LMP. Dr gave me a choice to wait out another week and see how.. I'm on Duphaston and TCM med.. Was about to give up when I read in the other older threads that some who had the same situation as me managed to save the baby through TCM.. am thinking whether i should do the same too...

Hi Ah Moon,

I think maybe you should wait for another week and see how. In the meantime, hope the TCM med will be helpful. Pray hard for you! Don't give up.

Take Care

thanks ladies..

I've gone for the D&C on tues.. resting at home and doing "confinement" now..

braced myself to look forward to building up my body and try again.
happy.gif

Hi all,

I have bought 2 kits and I've just tested positive last night. I think i should be about 2-3 weeks pregnant. What should I do now? Should I see a GP or a Gynae already?

Thanks!

hi jane,

when i tested positive(4 weeks+ along) i immediately went to a GP to take a preg test to confirm. once confirm, GP gave me some vitamins and got some advices from him, and then at night i went to research for gynae already.

the next day decided on which gynae to go to, then went to have my 1st appt and see the sac(without baby though, too early).

i think if u dont mind paying(each appt cost abt $100+)so early in the pregnancy i say go checkup now.. also if there are any probs u can detect earlier..

congrats! i found out about my pregnancy about 2 mths ago. i am almost in my 2nd trimester now.

Cheers!

Hi all,

Can i check, how do i know whether bb in stomach is growing healthily?

I am suppose to be 6 wks preg, but other than feeling slight nausea (no vomitting), I experience no other symptoms at all (ie. no spotting/bleeding at, no frequent urination.) The symptoms i experience occasionally are very light cramps near pelvic area and occasional bloating at the stomach area. There are no changes in appetite and can stomach down almost anything.

I was put on oral progesterone (Utrogestran, 3 times daily) since 10 July when I visited my gynae. My next appointment would be this sat.

Am kinda worried as am not sure if the fetus is developing well cos i suffer from adenomyosis (tilted uterus and gynae did mentioned that during first trimester must be extra extra careful) and since i experience no major symptoms at all, was worried if bb is developing well.. I read that there are instances of ectopic preg, empty gestational sac and fetus not developing heartbeat..

Was at the same time looking forward to gynae appointment this sat (hopefully can hear bb’s first hearbeat) but also fearing of hearing negative news (praying hard there wouldn’t be any).. :p

any advise anyone?

Regards

actually for very light cramps near pelvic area already show a healthy bb growing and expanding in your womb

as long as u have no sharp pain, you're safe from ectopic and @ 6 weeks, the bb has already moved out from the tube to the uterus wall.

enjoy ur appointment. you can hear the fast and loud heartbeat by then

i heard from gynae today that during 1st tri, it common to develop gastric. and also common to feel bloated.

all everyone,
this is my first pregnancy and I was spotting from week 5. I didn't feel safe going to work and asked doc to give me MC. Although my spotting has subsided, I still think its best to rest and go to work around week 14.

As this is my first pregnancy, I am worried and scared most of the time over small things. I guess its normal. Sometimes I get so bored staying at home, I wish I am at work. But if I go to work, I feel that I am letting my BB down by not resting.

As I took 4 yrs before conceiving this baby, I have come to a stage where career can be built after 12mths.

Hi ladies,
I'm almost 6 weeks into my first pregnancy but haven't gone to the doc yet. But we've tested 3 times at home!! Thinking of going after CNY.. Want to be sure we can hear heartbeat by then
happy.gif

So far lucky, only sore boobs and occasional tightness in the pelvic area, no puking.. Glad to read from Joleen that gastric pains are common in first trimester! I've been having that for a few days.. So even though I have no appetite for anything, I try to eat regularly.

Hi PiPi,
I totally agree with you!! I don't understand how some people want career over family - nowadays we can still work into our old age but we cannot have children when we're too old! Very happy for your success after 4 years - rest well!
happy.gif

hi mei2009,
i am currently feeling much better although i still puke soemtimes, plus my mouth got this weird taste (sourish).

yes i must hang on....till edd aug.

Back