1st Trimester - First Pregnancy

claire
yep u can always jump to another gynae till u're comfy with one.
I personally prefer a male one. They're much more careful.
Yes, it's very normal. Coz we tend to be gassy. I'm still very gassy too.

oh ic..... okok.. thanks for your advise.... Still fresh and new to this... hahaha..... Anything i will ask again....
happy.gif

claire
no prob...i'm new to pregnancy too...but I learnt from those experienced mummies & oso did lots of readings.

claire
I've borrowed some books from the library. So reading nw. Will update u anything interesting ya...hehe

haha... no prob.... thanks thanks...

Oh ya.. any mommies here experience thyroid during preg? Mi have history of thyroid and colleagues say my neck seem to be a bit bigger... kinda of worried now.....

hi claire,

i also keep having tummy aches. i feel like i need to go poo poo. but no poo poo. so constipated too! to the extend, i also dunno if it's cramp or the pain to tell u nid to go poo poo...

i oso borrow books from my colleague, but i think it made me more scare. it shows the delivery process pictures and i think it's very scary! my hubby says i shldnt read too much! let nature takes it course.

ting
read more on the progress of the babies...I was reading this book & it tells u when to eat carrots during the developments of the baby's eyes & so on...quite interesting ~ hahaha

leeling
my doc wanna me to take BT every 2 days then ...coz he wanna see if my hCG readings re doubling

Ashley
The book is Pregnancy Guide for Working Mums

Hi, i'm 1st time here... Now i am in my 9th week pregnancy and i still feel quite lost. Have a few questions which i hope you guys can help..

1) i have giddy spells, nauseous feel and heartburn. Any good remedy?so far i only feel better if i lie down.
2) I read that i should take smaller meals, what should i take?
3) i am taking Anmum Materna. Is 1 cup per day sufficient?

Hi Nikz,

I also have nauseous and giddy spells. Was given Promethazine Theoclate tablet by the doc. Saw from the web that ginger stuff will help.

Nikz,
i hv very bad heartburn thru'out my preggy
normally i will quickly suck a sweet which make me feel better, not sure if that can work on u

Develina: Your gynae is good. I made an appt at 5 Weeks to see mine and she was like, "You come so early, there is nothing much i can do for you" In the end, did a belly scan and saw nothing. I went back to her at 8 weeks.

Hi I am new here... need advice urgently

Last 2 days, I have used the clear blue pregnancy test n it showed pregnant, so I went to the GP yesterday to re-confirm, but the result was negative. After I went back home, I used the clear blue again and it showed pregnant... why was it different from the GP?

Btw what is the meaning of ectopic preg...

Siangjiao, that's funny. I went to see my gynae when i first discover that i am preg from test kit. That's 5 weeks. I do see a shadow though a pretty small one...

Dreams0409, my friend told me that test kits are 99% accurate. I believe that too... Norm GP do not have the right equip to test for bb. Best that you go gynae to confirm.

dreams0409 (dreams0409)

how many weeks do u think u r pregant?

i read alot of pregnancy stuff...online & books...
sometimes at GP or gynae also cant test positive, cos the HCG level maybe too low.

Different women, different body constitutions...
With high level HCG, some folks can detect as early as missing period.
But with low HCG level, they can only detect around 5-6weeks pregnant.

With 1st morning urine, the concentration of HCG shld be highest...that's why u tested positive w preg test kit yah..?

Wait a week or 2weeks later and re-test at GP or gynae. Maybe then your HCG level has increases to a detectable level...

hope it enlightens!

Hi Dreamz0409,

I've discovered that i'm pregnant once i missed a period after 1week. I'm using watson brand pregnancy test kit and it was quite accurate.. Cos after 1week later i went to do a checkup and shown positive.. Yest just went to see e gynae and i'm 7th week pregnant liao.. in fact, e pregnancy kit once shown positive most likely positive de, only negative may not be negative... U should do e test with the 1st mornin urine.. most probably u're pregnant ba..

hi hi... long time didn come in....

Went to gynae to checkup last week.... Can see the heartbeat of bb only.... Talking abt constipation... Haiz... My problem didn solve lo.... The pain is still there.... N i nvr poo for 5 days... OMG!!!! Ate yoghurt last nite.. Hope i can poo abit today...

cjil, i got very bad constipation also... you can try the c-lium fibre pills. they helped me to poop. is 100% psyllium fibre. safe for pregnant ladies
happy.gif

i have fybogel.... but kinda lazy to make and drink... hahaha...... really very bad pain and wan to poo cant lo.... scared sit too long will have piles...

for me, fybogel doesnt work. So far I have to use those herb lax (that is before preg). After preg, I only tried the c-lium pills.

I rem trying real hard for few days but all I get is blood. After I took the pills, it came easy for me
happy.gif

whow... so serious... blood.....

Dunno is it the type of food i eat anot leh.... Last few weeks have been drinkin soup without any rice... Now appetite has regained.. beginning to eat more.. But after a while felt bloated.. haiz...

Think i better eat more fruits....

Hi Clil & Blur_mum, it's my 1st time to this forum. i also experience constipation (imagine that on norm time, it's already a problem to me). Now even worse..TCM nor western medicines k help.

having tried so much on diet, minimal papay (guava cannot cos will drain up e water content), prune juice, vege oso dun help
sad.gif
taking apples kind of loaded e output below n feel so unez for unable to clear them
sad.gif

fybogel has not been effective to me at all long ago when i took it. i insert those liquid stuff, selling at retail shops (help a little only) n took 1 herbal type (pink packaging & it's fm japan selling in watson) & dulcolax (duno if it's truely safe for preggy but no choice cos v desperate..sob..sob)

Blur_mum, where did u get c-lium? is it written there as safe for preggy??

Thanx to share
happy.gif

I got C-lium at the Unity Pharmacy. The pharmacist told me is safe for preggies. I don't feel safe so I took the bottle to my gynae and she has confirmed that it is ok. The only prob with it is that you need to drink lotsa water. Else it wont work.

Imac, your prob is no feeling or pain when pass out?

oh.. speaking about fybogel.. Im quite lazy making it too.. So in the end, i didn drink.. hahaha....

Heard from my fren that vitagen or Yakult dose help... So i have been drinking vitagen every night... Hopefully my bowels will improve... Does yoghurt helps too?

Is it safe to take grapes? MIL say it develop phlegm for the bb... Is it true?

Hi Blur_MtB,

actually it has always been that i can't pass out! e intestine is active for sure n after a few days, tend to pass out gases. at times will feel bloated & loaded with e stuff, waiting for e 'exit' to open up.

in my routine visit to e sinseh (at least 6mths ago), been trying to solve this. was told it's mainly my body constitute that is weakening. for this problem, e area is 'weak' to pass out normally
sad.gif
initially was useful upon taking e prescription n it stopped.

worse still, now feeling suddenly nausous this week, goodness, tend to take in too less water! anyhow, am trying to take in lemon water in addition to fruit juice. will try on C-lium too
happy.gif

Imac, if u cant drink enough water. Will propose you try the 2 following safe medication instead of c-lium which will worsen your constipation if you go without water.
1) Lactus Syrup. (i took for 2 days and it works wonders with stool softening)
2) Hemoclin. (an insert to help with swelling of your anus)

Try both methods together for better results. Got these 2 from pharmacy. Hope this helps.

Hi all

I'm 4 weeks pregnant and would like to know if it's normal to develop a baby bump this early. I had the impression that the pregnancy usually starts showing @ 3 mths onwards.

I'm get hungry ever so often. I try to pace my meal times to once every 5-6 hours thought I've not always bn successful. At times, the discomfort gets so unbearable it makes almost imposssible to get out of bed to make myself a snack. But when I do eat, I still get the discomfort. I'm not sure if it's due to the build-up of gas or the a sign that I've over ate. I'm really confused right now and not understanding my body at all.

Please advise.

Hi bridge
Don't worry, I have the same problem too. Hungry all the time and the feeling is undescribable! I feel miserable if I don't get food fast! And I felt my jeans tightening when I was 4 weeks too, but din realise I was pregnant back then yet. Even did some adventurous rides! I think the baby bump show more esp if you are small size..

Hi Bridge

Sometimes e gas can be built up from either taking food too fast or 'too much' or too much waiting time. Oh ya, just to share, i took laksa for e 2nd time n realise that coconut may cause e gas too (as it can happen to anyone at norm times, esp those with sensitive gasric / stomach).

Dun rush n monitor..u'll understand yr system / body needs
happy.gif

Take Care..cheers..

Hi Blur_MtB,

Thanks. Will try yr proposal. Just that sometimes find it so troublesome e need to do these things :p

So is yr condition better?

Oh yah, after the attempt which I used the syrup and hemoclin, my condition gets better and now no constipation prob coz i drank lots of water :D

blur_mum, 12:40am, still not sleeping? that's great that yr problem is curred.

for me, it's a history issues..doubt k solve that easily..used to be able to cure it..then relapse again..haiz..no choice but to continue e hard-work cos mine is bec of body nature (weak) n weak intestines (western docs say it's 'lazy') :p

Hello ladies, need to check if any of you are under Dr Loh at TPS? What's the waiting time like? I am under him for IVF and would like to change gynae. However, I would like to stay with KK. Any advice?

sigh... I have insomnia. Cant sleep. that's why eyes big big, hav't sleep yet.. lol

same for me. My constipation prob is there even before pregnancy. Is sort of inherited thing. The syrup, maybe you take it when it is extremely bad case. Once it is ok, you can stop. but the Hemoclin, that one is a saviour. Was stated that used for preggies. Before passing motion, use it first. It helps alot. :D

Blur_mum,
is yr insomnia v bad? hope it isn't v so for you
happy.gif

U r rite & must follow you - more diligent. i got to take an extra effort :p

insomnia lasted 5 days. Everyday woke up at 3am and cannot go back to sleep. Undisturbed rest only 4 hours. End up getting a migraine that last more than 3 days :'(

yes yes. condition like constipation, got to be more diligent. Afterall, it is all about making ourselves feel better :D

Blur_mum,
i did wake up ard 5 or 6am on 2 nites this week. prob due to work stress.

gg to inform my boss on this n updating him on e assignment updates i am doing now (me in project-based). hoping that he will allocate a less stressful / a simpler project natures on new biz in e upcoming mths.

this will tell him to be mentally prepared. else i'll hv to go on MC to rest at home or giving 'attitude' problem in work. u know sometimes it aint easily controllable by MTBs due to mood swings :p i'm sure he wun want hiccups or else he'll be answerable to e mgmt :p hope he understands as my coll reminded me that we do want to hv an easy n happy mood during e preg period
happy.gif

hi,
i am a newcomer to this thread. I am now in my 9th week & its my 1st pregnancy.
My gynae tells me that i got to avoid food that contails Vit C(oranges, tomatoes), milk, cheese, yogurt.

I read up in books that preggie mum needs alot of calcium & iron, but i cannot take milk & cheese due to gastrics pain.
Any one can advise and help me on what to take to supplement?

hello all MTB...i have tested postive on clearblue last friday....but have not gone to a Gp nor gynae yet..but am arranging for a appointment next week...if according to my 1st day of mense...i shd be in my 5th week now...

My question is should i take another kit test as the 1st one was pretty obvious its a +ve...

can anyone advise me?

Hi Pearl
Trust the test kit and your feel! Am sure you can feel something odd happening to your body...bloatedness, breast soreness, backaches, hungry pangs etc? I was also very tempted to test again when I first tested +ve, cos want to be very sure. But in the end I didn't
happy.gif
And yes, confirmed by gynae via ultrasound
happy.gif

hi Soeur,

u shld hv got it
happy.gif
so look forward to e gynae's visit confirmation. some nurses will ask if u still keep e kit or ask if e result's obvious..well, i did not n it's ok..

well, i guess most ppl not keep it for long unless their gynae apptmt is just days away fm own kit testing :p anyway, yr pic shld b enough for e gynae as it's not impt cos ultimately he/she will check again
happy.gif

Back