(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

icic.. I didnt went to count how many weeks. Gynae will let me know during each visit and when u say 37+5. i wonder if my gynae gave me wrong info. haha

I'm 37+1wk. Edd 2feb. Seeing gynae next mon then decide if I want to do csect on 21st or wait further... So far still no sign. No discharge. I haven't pack my hospital bag. Going to do that n sterilize my pump today :) R u all prep?

Hi mummies to be, can anyone give advise on the delivery at mt E novena? I heard their billing system not too good but how about the nurses, services, LC? Not worried about the environment but more worried abt their nurses and especially LC. By the way I'm Mar MTB and will need to choose my hospital by this wkend. Am contemplating between mt A or mt E novena.. Thanks in advance^^
Hi, personally I feel the nurses are nice and attentive. Maybe on my 1st day, they are abit shorthanded. When I call for the nurse they took a while to come. But the nurse did explain to me that they are shorthanded. After the 2 day, the customer service personnel oso come up to our room and ask for feedback.
My experience with the LC is not very good though. She is not around during the 1st of my stay. And only come to my room after I repeatly requested for her and that is before I was discharged. Went thru quite a rush session with her. And she is quite disapproving and sound very discouraging when I say I started my baby on FM to supplement for my lack of BM. I am not sure if all the LCs are like dat. She did give me her mobile number before I left and ask me to call her if any question. And I did call her after I discharged as I am very engorged. Again, she sound very discouraging when I told her my bb is still on half FM.

any mummies experience dry skin on your newborns? almost like peeling... CL suggested abit of baby oil but I'm trying to avoid any cream/ointment that might be unnecessary...

sure hope its not eczema, PD says if both parents have it, chances of bb inheriting the condition is 70%. haiz.

any mummies experience dry skin on your newborns? almost like peeling... CL suggested abit of baby oil but I'm trying to avoid any cream/ointment that might be unnecessary...

sure hope its not eczema, PD says if both parents have it, chances of bb inheriting the condition is 70%. haiz.
Ya. My bb oso has peeling skin. My CL say is the bb changing his skin. I'm not worrying too much as I dun see red red or unheal skin.

Hi fluffy, who will make appointment for us if we want to take vaccinations in polyclinic? is there a time frame (like how many days after birth) to polyclinic when you bring your baby for jaundice test?
My first visit after discharge from hospital I go straight to poly clinic for review , over there , they will book the vaccination apptmt for you . Hep b (2nd dose is ard one month after birth )

When you are discharge from hospital , the pd will give you the appointment date to go revisit after one week, instead of going to pd, I went polyclinic .

Am I confusing ? Is this what you asking ?

yes, use baby oil to gently rub away the dead skin. Its quite common for bb to peel a little in the first two weeks... Nothing to alarm of...

My first visit after discharge from hospital I go straight to poly clinic for review , over there , they will book the vaccination apptmt for you . Hep b (2nd dose is ard one month after birth )

When you are discharge from hospital , the pd will give you the appointment date to go revisit after one week, instead of going to pd, I went polyclinic .

Am I confusing ? Is this what you asking ?
Thanks @fluffy_fluffy! yup this is what i wanted to ask.. sorry FTM here, so quite blur.. do we need to decide the vaccinations to take? or it is standard vaccinations that every baby has to go through?

Worried - husband.
My wife is now wk40+5 days. Went to see gynea and was told for c-section as bb is now weigh 4kg. Gynea(Dr tho) told us if this Friday morning there is no labour pain or dilate at cervix will have to c-section. Induce is slim and this may endanger my wife due to bb size. I believe all mummies wish for natural birth..... god bless....

Worried - husband.
My wife is now wk40+5 days. Went to see gynea and was told for c-section as bb is now weigh 4kg. Gynea(Dr tho) told us if this Friday morning there is no labour pain or dilate at cervix will have to c-section. Induce is slim and this may endanger my wife due to bb size. I believe all mummies wish for natural birth..... god bless....

Understand your worries, ultimately, what's most impt is for bb n mummy to be safe, so i'm sure your gynae will know best. All the best to you n your wife!

Hi, personally I feel the nurses are nice and attentive. Maybe on my 1st day, they are abit shorthanded. When I call for the nurse they took a while to come. But the nurse did explain to me that they are shorthanded. After the 2 day, the customer service personnel oso come up to our room and ask for feedback.
My experience with the LC is not very good though. She is not around during the 1st of my stay. And only come to my room after I repeatly requested for her and that is before I was discharged. Went thru quite a rush session with her. And she is quite disapproving and sound very discouraging when I say I started my baby on FM to supplement for my lack of BM. I am not sure if all the LCs are like dat. She did give me her mobile number before I left and ask me to call her if any question. And I did call her after I discharged as I am very engorged. Again, she sound very discouraging when I told her my bb is still on half FM.

That is what I heard some bad reviews on their lactation consultant that's why I need to know more. To me I think the most important for the 3d2n will be the nurses and LC. May I know if you deliver on wkdays or wkends? Heard LCs are all not working on wkends? For ftm, I think the support from LC is very important. By the way, did the LC solved your engorged problem? I guess only one LC for hospital?

That is what I heard some bad reviews on their lactation consultant that's why I need to know more. To me I think the most important for the 3d2n will be the nurses and LC. May I know if you deliver on wkdays or wkends? Heard LCs are all not working on wkends? For ftm, I think the support from LC is very important. By the way, did the LC solved your engorged problem? I guess only one LC for hospital?
I delivered in a weekday. I'm not sure if they are wking on weekend. But when I call the LC, is was a sat and she is not in the hospital. She did give me some advise. I just continue to pump n latch and my engorgment goes away. And I call a ML to help to massage oso. Btw I am oso a FTM.

My milk supply seems to be diminishing despite pumping, taking lots of soup and longan red date tea..sigh. Almost abt to surrender and give in to feed total fm. Read some articles online that 50ml of bm a day is actually good enough for bb to get some nutrients for mummies with limited supply. Not sure if true?

My milk supply seems to be diminishing despite pumping, taking lots of soup and longan red date tea..sigh. Almost abt to surrender and give in to feed total fm. Read some articles online that 50ml of bm a day is actually good enough for bb to get some nutrients for mummies with limited supply. Not sure if true?

Don't be discouraged... Maybe you can make an apt with the LC so that she can diagnose and suggest accordingly? Take oats, salmon, milkmaid tea, fenugreek, these are all milk boosters, can help to up supply.

Worst case scenario, you can go back to gynae who can prescribe a milk production drugfor you...

Worried - husband.

Daddy can try to go for more walks with mummy? Climb stairs? Raspberry leaf tea, coconut water? Can also have some bed activity, even if not the actual act, breast massages are also known to stimulate contractions...

Hi fluffy, who will make appointment for us if we want to take vaccinations in polyclinic? is there a time frame (like how many days after birth) to polyclinic when you bring your baby for jaundice test?
We will go back to polyclinic the next day after discharge

From there
1) take the piority queue for newborn
2) see nurse
3) nurse give form to take jaundice test n see doc after that. Nurse will arrange appt too for injection

I understand how u feel.. I every 3hr pump only 30-40ml.. combine 2 session = 1 feed for my girl.. worst I on doridone and I dont feel engorge. Haha

I will pump till confinement ends then see how... if supply still like tt might as well stop Cox really a lot of time to pump milk.... haha

Very busy schedule.. feed, change diaper, coax bb sleep, pump and repeat again. Not to forget, recovering from the epi wound

Don't be discouraged... Maybe you can make an apt with the LC so that she can diagnose and suggest accordingly? Take oats, salmon, milkmaid tea, fenugreek, these are all milk boosters, can help to up supply.

Worst case scenario, you can go back to gynae who can prescribe a milk production drugfor you...
Thanks babe..will try to hang in there..

I understand how u feel.. I every 3hr pump only 30-40ml.. combine 2 session = 1 feed for my girl.. worst I on doridone and I dont feel engorge. Haha

I will pump till confinement ends then see how... if supply still like tt might as well stop Cox really a lot of time to pump milk.... haha

Very busy schedule.. feed, change diaper, coax bb sleep, pump and repeat again. Not to forget, recovering from the epi wound
My gynae also gave me the medicine to increase milk Ss..but it's not working. Pumping taking up most of my time..until I'm super tired esp at night like zombie. My girl lately v fussy at night..hard to coax to sleep.. haiz

My gynae also gave me the medicine to increase milk Ss..but it's not working. Pumping taking up most of my time..until I'm super tired esp at night like zombie. My girl lately v fussy at night..hard to coax to sleep.. haiz

aiyo, I also dunno the Med working anot. Cox I start eating then got milk supply but nvr increase.. JY, tahan untill cannot ba.. I don't pump after midnight coz too.tires.. then morning pump only 60ml exactly 2 session. Hahaha

aiyo, I also dunno the Med working anot. Cox I start eating then got milk supply but nvr increase.. JY, tahan untill cannot ba.. I don't pump after midnight coz too.tires.. then morning pump only 60ml exactly 2 session. Hahaha
Or mayb can try to dl baby.
What I do now is pump out then after that latch bb. I finding pumping very tiring also lol. 粒粒皆辛苦 cause my supply not a lot.

But I feel engore even after pumpingsoi just dl then keep the rest for next feeding

Same here! I oso is like 2 sessions for his 1 feeding. I am oso on medication. Even get a massage lady to massage. There are a lot of block ducts. So I suspect my low supply is bcos of the block ducts. Trying to clear them and see if my supply increase anot.

Hi,

Seems like some mummies having issues with bfg.
Just sharing from my experience. Had breastfed both my kids when they were babies, 1st one until I conceived the 2nd one after 1+ yr and milk ss dwindled, and the 2nd one until he is 2.5 yo and self weaned.
1) To increase milk ss, must increase frequency of feedings or pumping.
More demand = more ss. If you have been feeding or pumping every 3 hrly, then you have to feed/pump every 2 hrly instead.
2) Make sure you empty your breasts each time you feed/pump. If direct feeding and bb fell asleep after feeding one side, then plse pump the other side.
3) Bfg is round-the-clock work. So it does not stop during your sleeping hours. Feed bb or pump before you go to bed and must definitely wake up at least once to feed/pump in the middle of the night, like 3 or 4am.
4) Pumping is hard work and time consuming. Sometimes pump is faulty or ineffective, also will affect your output. That's why experts say to direct feed. Can even lay down and feed bb in bed in the middle of the night :).
5) Look up on the internet abt growth spurts. That's when the bb will start to increase his intake of milk. 1st growth spurt is abt 1 week after birth. You would want to be prepared for this cos bb will keep getting hungry. So, if you are pumping exclusively, take the steps mentioned above to build up your milk supply.
6) Lastly, don't need to be too hang-up abt bfg if you have tried your best and still milk ss cannot meet bb's demand. Just top up with FM. Remember, some BM is better than no BM. Keep yourself sane and enjoy your baby. Don't fall into depression cos of bfg.

Good luck!

Worried - husband.

c sect is very common, a bit more inconvenient... dun worry too much... tlc your wifey when she is out of OT...

Worried - husband.

I'm in the same situation as your wife in facing a high chance of c-sec as my bb might be too big to fit through my pelvis, and he's nowhere near as big as yours! It's actually quite common, although I'm still hoping for a natural delivery but I can't control my biological makeup. Many mummies and bbs go through c-sec safe and sound. And you'd be surprised that some mummies actually prefer c-sec for various reasons! God bless you and your wife too.

Sorry mummies, just need to rant my frustration here.

My mil is getting on my nerve. She has been visiting me or rather her grandson everyday.
Then everytime she comes she will bring a lot of stuff like bowls, pots, slow cooker etc.

My house don't have space for all this and she never even ask how am I feeling from the day bb is out till now.
Feeling real irritated. And when I tell hubby about this, he tell me the mum is just being nice to bring the stuff over.

And to add on for the past 38weeks that I was preg, she nv even drop by my place or buy me any tonics etc.
So now baby pop liao she drop by everyday just to see his grandson

My mil is getting on my nerve. She has been visiting me or rather her grandson everyday.
Then everytime she comes she will bring a lot of stuff like bowls, pots, slow cooker etc.

My house don't have space for all this and she never even ask how am I feeling from the day bb is out till now.
Feeling real irritated. And when I tell hubby about this, he tell me the mum is just being nice to bring the stuff over.

And to add on for the past 38weeks that I was preg, she nv even drop by my place or buy me any tonics etc.

did she say why she is bring all the pots /slow cooker over to your house...?

Sigh....I have the same situation as you...but its include both my fil and mil. And they ask my CL to cook for them without even asking me! I feel I am no longer the owner of my own house. And my hubby is not saying anything cos my baby going to let them take care next time. I am crying to sleep every night for the past few days liao...:(

Sigh....I have the same situation as you...but its include both my fil and mil. And they ask my CL to cook for them without even asking me! I feel I am no longer the owner of my own house. And my hubby is not saying anything cos my baby going to let them take care next time. I am crying to sleep every night for the past few days liao...:(
Hahah my mil pops by for dinner too! Same lo. Hubby keep quiet. I cried just now too. So irritated!

Hahah my mil pops by for dinner too! Same lo. Hubby keep quiet. I cried just now too. So irritated!
I stays w my in-laws but I can feel u. Pil nv buy nv cook any tonics nv mind. When hub bought bird nest for me. Fil commented bird nest only for beauty, no benefit. Should buy other bu to eat. Mil only reminded or rather commented on 4occasions that I shoud eat when hungry Coz SHE didn't when was preg then now she is still suffering from gastric prob. N my mother better still, still say I should offer bird nest to mil since we r staying together. Cook n eat on my own not so nice! Sigh

I have not seen mil treat dil like their daughter .. Dil will always be outsiders .. Their grandchild are their side ... So they will show more concern to grandchild than to the child bearer .. If u understand that and dun expect any thing from them you won't feel sad .. The reason why u cry is because you hArbour some hope that the mil will treat you differently cos you are bearing the family a grand child but for century this has not change even today so relax lah .. Close your eyes and you will be fine ;)

My mil give me 1 box of bird nest with only 1 pc left and best part it is the left over from my hub sis pregnancy previously like 2 yrs ago.

They also come visit us at a weird timing.. like 9+ on a wkday nite but OK la understand they anxious to see their grand child.. my mil call my dotter ah boy.. OK la.. she called wrongly Cox she use to taking care of my hub nephew..
My stupid husband go tell his mum off that she call my dotter ah boy... to make matter worst, he was not around during the visiting.. so my mil sure know it's me who complaint..
Slap forehead

My mil give me 1 box of bird nest with only 1 pc left and best part it is the left over from my hub sis pregnancy previously like 2 yrs ago.

They also come visit us at a weird timing.. like 9+ on a wkday nite but OK la understand they anxious to see their grand child.. my mil call my dotter ah boy.. OK la.. she called wrongly Cox she use to taking care of my hub nephew..
My stupid husband go tell his mum off that she call my dotter ah boy... to make matter worst, he was not around during the visiting.. so my mil sure know it's me who complaint..
Slap forehead

I aso called my dotter ah boy wrongly Lolz used to calling my boy

Anyway relax lah dun think so much
Close eyes close ears and u will be s happier mummy

My mil stayed over last weekend say wanna help..bb cry so loud in the middle of the night she also nv wake up..next morning say nv hear..The room just next door lor..zzzz. This weekend hubs say she wanna stay again. He don't dare say no. Sian max. Been crying past few nights also..hubs ask me if I wanna see a psychiatrist??? Argh..so he thinks I'm mad?? It's just the damn hormones..

She say my house like everything also don't have. So she just bring. She even bought chopping board. Seriously my house no chopping board meh
My mum brought chopping board over too cuz she say my chopping board is too big and bulky....

Juz Tahan for this confinement period, Kay? Don't get too upset. I totally understand how you all feel. I felt very pissed off when my MIL keep on saying in front of my son and within my earshot that he doesn't look like his dad... Repeat like dunno how many times... What is she trying to imply? The only thing is I can talk to her directly and tell her how I feel and trash things out with her.... Not easy to talk to "confront" her but glad I did...

My mum brought chopping board over too cuz she say my chopping board is too big and bulky....

Juz Tahan for this confinement period, Kay? Don't get too upset. I totally understand how you all feel. I felt very pissed off when my MIL keep on saying in front of my son and within my earshot that he doesn't look like his dad... Repeat like dunno how many times... What is she trying to imply? The only thing is I can talk to her directly and tell her how I feel and trash things out with her.... Not easy to talk to "confront" her but glad I did...
Wat?! To say that is Juz so wrong! U r v brave to let her know what u tot. I dont know how I will handle it if I were U...

I have not seen mil treat dil like their daughter .. Dil will always be outsiders .. Their grandchild are their side ... So they will show more concern to grandchild than to the child bearer .. If u understand that and dun expect any thing from them you won't feel sad .. The reason why u cry is because you hArbour some hope that the mil will treat you differently cos you are bearing the family a grand child but for century this has not change even today so relax lah .. Close your eyes and you will be fine ;)
Thanks Esther. My mum was saying all the bird test and tonic was bought by my dad so baby should 跟他姓 lol

Slap forehead
Lol apparently my cl sells birdnest. So she ask if my mil wants any. So my mil say give her two box.
Hahha my cl thought the two boxes are for me but turn out it's for her own consumption

My mil stayed over last weekend say wanna help..bb cry so loud in the middle of the night she also nv wake up..next morning say nv hear..The room just next door lor..zzzz. This weekend hubs say she wanna stay again. He don't dare say no. Sian max. Been crying past few nights also..hubs ask me if I wanna see a psychiatrist??? Argh..so he thinks I'm mad?? It's just the damn hormones..
Yes it's the hormones!
Hugs

Woah. I don't dare to answer her back. MAyb cause of age diff. Haha she's 60plus more like Ah ma than mil.

Anyway don't want to make things diff for hubby also. Just have to Close one eye

We will go back to polyclinic the next day after discharge

From there
1) take the piority queue for newborn
2) see nurse
3) nurse give form to take jaundice test n see doc after that. Nurse will arrange appt too for injection

Do we need to call the polyclinic to book appt? Or there is a priority queue so can just walk in will do too?

Hahah whenever talk abt in law sure will have a lot of different type of patterns .. So sian right... I also have enough of all the shit ... So tiring ...

Now feeling more flare up ... Think my hormones and my illness is back to work ...

I need my retail therapy !!!! Mothercare having private sale .. Anyone interested to go ?

Taka also having sale end of the month .. Any one ?? :)

My sis is telling me now I've slim down and getting thinner ... I told her when you alone need to take care of 3 children in your own , do household works and do own biz , I believe all will slim down lol ..

My Hb thinking to let mil take care bb.. But he knows that I will strongly reject so he dun dare to say anything .. Then best part, mil got a nanny job which only require her to work from morning till noon to take care of less than 2 yr old toddler in his house. Just playing and cooking .. Then he can tell me he told his mum not to work if require to do housework . He can tell me his mum is old Liao , cannot bend often to change diaper clothes for the toddler .. Then he still want me to let his mum take care bb ?? Zzz so contradicting .. I know his main intention is let his mum take care .. But being independent me and stubborn me .. I rather take care myself ..

The last time they take care , elder one kanna hfmd then spray to my 2 month old bb ... Am soooo pissed off ... For me hygiene very important to the children esp if there's another bb at home and I'm the sole caretaker with no help !! Different era different upbringing la ..

I'm also going crazy ... Been feeling down so frequent lately ...

Daddy can try to go for more walks with mummy? Climb stairs? Raspberry leaf tea, coconut water? Can also have some bed activity, even if not the actual act, breast massages are also known to stimulate contractions...
c sect is very common, a bit more inconvenient... dun worry too much... tlc your wifey when she is out of OT...
I'm in the same situation as your wife in facing a high chance of c-sec as my bb might be too big to fit through my pelvis, and he's nowhere near as big as yours! It's actually quite common, although I'm still hoping for a natural delivery but I can't control my biological makeup. Many mummies and bbs go through c-sec safe and sound. And you'd be surprised that some mummies actually prefer c-sec for various reasons! God bless you and your wife too.

Thanks all for e pointers. So far young coconut, raspberry leaf, primrose oil, massage have tried since last week. Will do the rest of e listed recommendations.
Archie7: similar situation as urs as e gynea said if induce e bb might struck on shoulder. If natural labour occurred is fine to deliver. Meaning the choices left natural labour or c-section. Is bb 4kg consider big for 1.58m person to deliver?
Ecym: what is tlc? Newbie here.

Hugz to mummies having issues with their MILs. I should count my blessings cos my in laws are the nicest I can ask for....my mum says mil treat me better than herself! In laws have done so much! Give them a best in-laws award. Think very rare nowadays, hear more of in laws issues and I can understand...mine is too nice until make me uncomfortable sometimes...another issue haha.

Back