(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Hahah whenever talk abt in law sure will have a lot of different type of patterns .. So sian right... I also have enough of all the shit ... So tiring ...

Now feeling more flare up ... Think my hormones and my illness is back to work ...

I need my retail therapy !!!! Mothercare having private sale .. Anyone interested to go ?

Taka also having sale end of the month .. Any one ?? :)

My sis is telling me now I've slim down and getting thinner ... I told her when you alone need to take care of 3 children in your own , do household works and do own biz , I believe all will slim down lol ..

My Hb thinking to let mil take care bb.. But he knows that I will strongly reject so he dun dare to say anything .. Then best part, mil got a nanny job which only require her to work from morning till noon to take care of less than 2 yr old toddler in his house. Just playing and cooking .. Then he can tell me he told his mum not to work if require to do housework . He can tell me his mum is old Liao , cannot bend often to change diaper clothes for the toddler .. Then he still want me to let his mum take care bb ?? Zzz so contradicting .. I know his main intention is let his mum take care .. But being independent me and stubborn me .. I rather take care myself ..

The last time they take care , elder one kanna hfmd then spray to my 2 month old bb ... Am soooo pissed off ... For me hygiene very important to the children esp if there's another bb at home and I'm the sole caretaker with no help !! Different era different upbringing la ..

I'm also going crazy ... Been feeling down so frequent lately ...

Hugs hugs. ..

I also going crazy. I snap at my kids very frequently ... can say everyday they get on my nerves plus now sore bottom (dunnknow is BCOZ of stitches or piles caused when I push baby )

N last night engorgment also... I not bfing so can only put cold cabbage.. not much effect.. so painful.

N I cried too.... feel like going home n forget abt all confinement thing. ..
My auntie gave me rice wine but the taste went wrong (sour) . N i Bought rice wine which claim to be sweet n it turn out to be bitter not sweet....

N my ah ma old liao but still insist she can ... juz yesterday I ask her give some bread to my kids.. she nv see the bread mouldy liao although juz bought 2 days ago... n she gave it to my kids. My kids ate finish liao then my mum realised it abit mouldy.. haizz zzzz how to trust her to look after my baby after I go back work ???

Plus their hygiene level dropping also.. coz old liao everything chin cai.... which I can't really accept. N I become very edgy n always shouting at my kids.... or hide n cry...

N I know hubby is helping alot already I can't demand more from him. He already trying to lump his appt on 1 day so the rest of the days he can stay at home n help me with my baby. N he going reservist soon at end of the mth. I dun know how I am going survive it...

Going crazy soon

Thanks all for e pointers. So far young coconut, raspberry leaf, primrose oil, massage have tried since last week. Will do the rest of e listed recommendations.
Archie7: similar situation as urs as e gynea said if induce e bb might struck on shoulder. If natural labour occurred is fine to deliver. Meaning the choices left natural labour or c-section. Is bb 4kg consider big for 1.58m person to deliver?
Ecym: what is tlc? Newbie here.

Better not pigeonhole moms by height/ baby weight and put unnecessary stress on yourself. Jiayou.

Sorry mummies, just need to rant my frustration here.

My mil is getting on my nerve. She has been visiting me or rather her grandson everyday.
Then everytime she comes she will bring a lot of stuff like bowls, pots, slow cooker etc.

My house don't have space for all this and she never even ask how am I feeling from the day bb is out till now.
Feeling real irritated. And when I tell hubby about this, he tell me the mum is just being nice to bring the stuff over.

And to add on for the past 38weeks that I was preg, she nv even drop by my place or buy me any tonics etc.
So now baby pop liao she drop by everyday just to see his grandson
I guess... Most mummies will face this
PIL care more to grandchild instead of us.. Sigh

I guess... Most mummies will face this
PIL care more to grandchild instead of us.. Sigh
Our parents is still the best to us or hub or grandchild...
Even my mil no dau treat me no diff also but all along I go visit her once awhile is for 做人else hub will think otherwise but I nv expect anything from her...
Last time moving house time she asked hub want anything I told hub nth by given good excuse that mil not working ask her keep the money in fact is don't want to c anything which can relate to her in my place n avoid future hoo haa...wahaha nv ever tell hub...lol

Our parents is still the best to us or hub or grandchild...
Even my mil no dau treat me no diff also but all along I go visit her once awhile is for 做人else hub will think otherwise but I nv expect anything from her...
Last time moving house time she asked hub want anything I told hub nth by given good excuse that mil not working ask her keep the money in fact is don't want to c anything which can relate to her in my place n avoid future hoo haa...wahaha nv ever tell hub...lol
Make sure your hubby dun read the forum too Lolz

I'm in the same situation as your wife in facing a high chance of c-sec as my bb might be too big to fit through my pelvis, and he's nowhere near as big as yours! It's actually quite common, although I'm still hoping for a natural delivery but I can't control my biological makeup. Many mummies and bbs go through c-sec safe and sound. And you'd be surprised that some mummies actually prefer c-sec for various reasons! God bless you and your wife too.

Hi all Parents to be,

I am in a similar situation. My edd is 4th Feb but now yesterday, my doc said that the amniotic fluid is getting low. Also, bb is too big so there will be difficulty delivering naturally . Was admitted last night and they inserted tablet to induce labour but nothing so far. Looks like mine will be emerg c - sect too. Waiting for my gynae to see me in my ward. All the best k and let's pray baby is fine and healthy amidst these things.

Np.
Juz walk in at the machine to take queue number. There choose "special -newborn" will do

Ahh so thankful for this forum! The line to call the polyclinic like forever engaged...

One more question, what do we need to bring? Just the health booklet will do right? Hubby wasn't ard when the nurse came and gave a whole lot of instructions and i can't remb all the details >_<

the lactation consultant told me to latch baby exclusively for at least 6 weeks before introducing bottle and pumping.. she says so that the baby will not reject latching and nutrients wont be lost... do you all face any problem from pumping and feeding through bottles and baby do not want to latch on anymore?

Ahh so thankful for this forum! The line to call the polyclinic like forever engaged...

One more question, what do we need to bring? Just the health booklet will do right? Hubby wasn't ard when the nurse came and gave a whole lot of instructions and i can't remb all the details >_<
Ya brought health booklet. Not sure if they need birth very but just bring in case they need

the lactation consultant told me to latch baby exclusively for at least 6 weeks before introducing bottle and pumping.. she says so that the baby will not reject latching and nutrients wont be lost... do you all face any problem from pumping and feeding through bottles and baby do not want to latch on anymore?
Hahha that's what thy told me too.
can feed using cup/spoon/syringe if you don't want to bottle feed bb

Have been having rashes round my neck area for the past few days. Super itchy and red.
Even when I on aircon and shower it's till itchy.

Anyone having the same issue?

both my boy and gal no problem adapting to bottle ... no confusion between teats and nipple ...

Have been having rashes round my neck area for the past few days. Super itchy and red.

for me is my breast feel itchy but i try not to scratch haiz guess of the confinement food we eat and we perspire more hence likely to get rashes

Hi all Parents to be,

I am in a similar situation. My edd is 4th Feb but now yesterday, my doc said that the amniotic fluid is getting low. Also, bb is too big so there will be difficulty delivering naturally . Was admitted last night and they inserted tablet to induce labour but nothing so far. Looks like mine will be emerg c - sect too. Waiting for my gynae to see me in my ward. All the best k and let's pray baby is fine and healthy amidst these things.
You jiayou ya...everything will be alright :) Jiayou mummy ;)

think its probably heat rash.. cos we are eating all the heaty food... did you try putting aloe vera gel or powder?

my boy started bottle in the hospital as I did not specify to the nurses that I wanted him to be spoon/cup/syringe fed. So now he is sometimes confused and fusses when I try to latch him. He still latches if I persist enough.

Thanks all for e pointers. So far young coconut, raspberry leaf, primrose oil, massage have tried since last week. Will do the rest of e listed recommendations.
Archie7: similar situation as urs as e gynea said if induce e bb might struck on shoulder. If natural labour occurred is fine to deliver. Meaning the choices left natural labour or c-section. Is bb 4kg consider big for 1.58m person to deliver?
Ecym: what is tlc? Newbie here.

Darren, the height is just a rough indication but the bigger determinant is the size of the pelvis. The doc can get a clue on the size of the pelvis during a VE but even then, according to my gynae, it's not completely accurate. Has the gynae done a VE on your wife? For me, as long as I have a slim chance for natural delivery, I will go for it. Your wife got a higher chance of natural than me coz your gynae said she has a chance of natural delivery if she has natural labour. My gynae never told me that, just that I have a high chance of c-sec whether natural labour or induced.

Ecym may not be here to answer the question, coz it's her c-sec day today. TLC = Tender Loving Care :)

Hi all Parents to be,

All the best to you!

Ya brought health booklet. Not sure if they need birth very but just bring in case they need

Yeah, in the end I finally managed to get through the line and waited for quite a while to be able to ask through the General enquiry. Phew now that hubby and nanny bring baby to polyclinic I can have a little breather!

Need to bring Health booklet, Original birth certificate if have already and also the Nric of the parent who is bringing baby to the polyclinic... Since my husband if bringing so he will need to bring his nric along. Then at the counter just say it's the first time baby is coming and the receptionist will know what to do.

Ahhh my baby is on total breastfeeding since birth and I already complaining to my husband I feel a little worn out already...only thing to encourage me is that my tummy really shrink a lot although it's still like an ugly lump of thing there but it's getting smaller and now I can see the milk becoming more white when the baby latch on for quite a while and not sure when do I need to start pumping as the breast starting to get quite big but with massage before and after every feed it seems still ok!

Thankfully the confinement nanny seems ok so far, the dinner she cooked yesterday was quite delicious and she was ok to wake me up about every 2 hours at night to feed the baby...though she say slowly day time can feed more, then night time will slowly lengthen the time between the feeding so that no need to wake up so often~

Yeah, in the end I finally managed to get through the line and waited for quite a while to be able to ask through the General enquiry. Phew now that hubby and nanny bring baby to polyclinic I can have a little breather!

Need to bring Health booklet, Original birth certificate if have already and also the Nric of the parent who is bringing baby to the polyclinic... Since my husband if bringing so he will need to bring his nric along. Then at the counter just say it's the first time baby is coming and the receptionist will know what to do.

Ahhh my baby is on total breastfeeding since birth and I already complaining to my husband I feel a little worn out already...only thing to encourage me is that my tummy really shrink a lot although it's still like an ugly lump of thing there but it's getting smaller and now I can see the milk becoming more white when the baby latch on for quite a while and not sure when do I need to start pumping as the breast starting to get quite big but with massage before and after every feed it seems still ok!

Thankfully the confinement nanny seems ok so far, the dinner she cooked yesterday was quite delicious and she was ok to wake me up about every 2 hours at night to feed the baby...though she say slowly day time can feed more, then night time will slowly lengthen the time between the feeding so that no need to wake up so often~
Jiayou! I pump out once before I sleep. So at night me and Cl will take turn to feed bb.

Very tiring to keep waking up at night);

I remember the first few days when I don't have enough supply. Baby keep crying cause he wasn't full. Keep latching him but it wasn't enough. Hahah. Then he will shake his head to look for my nipple. Damn funny

Ask u hor, did u get any pd to check ur bb when born the 1st day? Any specific pd? If yes, they will tell u go back to the clinic to review rite? But we can choose go polyclinic instead?

Ask u hor, did u get any pd to check ur bb when born the 1st day? Any specific pd? If yes, they will tell u go back to the clinic to review rite? But we can choose go polyclinic instead?

Hmm I am under private with the same gynae (Prof Tee) and delivered in KKH and there was a doctor who came by the ward and said a lot of information about bb, jaundice level, blood group etc.

I have an appointment card given when I was discharged and my appointment with my gynae is 6 weeks later at this clinic in AMK, I suppose baby should be coming along for the appointment too for review :)

I am not sure if you can choose to go polyclinic instead. But today (was discharged yesterday) I was told to bring baby to any polyclinic to check for jaundice level, arrange the immunization dates and for doctor to check baby. The immunization jabs will be done in the polyclinic too.

Hmm I am under private with the same gynae (Prof Tee) and delivered in KKH and there was a doctor who came by the ward and said a lot of information about bb, jaundice level, blood group etc.

I have an appointment card given when I was discharged and my appointment with my gynae is 6 weeks later at this clinic in AMK, I suppose baby should be coming along for the appointment too for review :)

I am not sure if you can choose to go polyclinic instead. But today (was discharged yesterday) I was told to bring baby to any polyclinic to check for jaundice level, arrange the immunization dates and for doctor to check baby. The immunization jabs will be done in the polyclinic too.

Oic... cos i discharge yest. Than my pd ask me.go review nxt mon. So im thinking whether to go or chg to polyclinic instead.

Abt the same procedure for me also. I give birth in nuh, they give me an appt with their pd but I can also go polyclinic if I want.

I am going Polyclinic to get all the jabs, the hotline is really hot line.. call soo many times then get thru

I gave birth at tmc. my pd was assigned by my gynea. she asked me to bring back to her clinic for review 4 days after discharged. I didn't and I went to polyclinic instead.

Just adding on a cent's worth of my experience. Seems like many have problems with MIL (except a very lucky few). It's true that they'll never regard us as their own daughters; that's probably too much to expect from them. My MIL is far from perfect; she's a clean freak and there's no way we can live up to her cleanliness and hygiene standards. However, my mother has her own serious emotional/psychological and self-image issues so my MIL is far more predictable and reliable than my mum. When my mum was angry with me and abused me without sparing a thought that she might be causing me to miscarry due to the mental/emotional turmoil, it was my MIL who comforted me and took care of me and the LO. Of course you can say she had her vested interests in taking care of me since I was bearing her one and only grandchild. I also don't know how she may treat me after the LO is born. All these years that I have been barren, she never really pressured me to have children, I give her credit for that. I would trust her to take care of the LO more than my mum. Of course I hope that my r/s with my mum will improve but I count whatever little blessings come my way in the form of my MIL. My MIL may nag me and kaypoh about what I've been doing which is quite annoying, but she's much more stable and it's far better to live with more stability than an unpredictable, self-centred character who may snap my neck off any moment. I envy my hubby who has stable parents who nurtured him to adulthood. I hope to give the same sort of stability to my LO.

I had it in my last pregnancy. . Keep the area clean n dry..

If u notice some skin areas we r expelling dirty stuff... probably due to the confinement food we eat n we expel wind n dirty stuff?

Just adding on a cent's worth of my experience. Seems like many have problems with MIL (except a very lucky few). It's true that they'll never regard us as their own daughters; that's probably too much to expect from them. My MIL is far from perfect; she's a clean freak and there's no way we can live up to her cleanliness and hygiene standards. However, my mother has her own serious emotional/psychological and self-image issues so my MIL is far more predictable and reliable than my mum. When my mum was angry with me and abused me without sparing a thought that she might be causing me to miscarry due to the mental/emotional turmoil, it was my MIL who comforted me and took care of me and the LO. Of course you can say she had her vested interests in taking care of me since I was bearing her one and only grandchild. I also don't know how she may treat me after the LO is born. All these years that I have been barren, she never really pressured me to have children, I give her credit for that. I would trust her to take care of the LO more than my mum. Of course I hope that my r/s with my mum will improve but I count whatever little blessings come my way in the form of my MIL. My MIL may nag me and kaypoh about what I've been doing which is quite annoying, but she's much more stable and it's far better to live with more stability than an unpredictable, self-centred character who may snap my neck off any moment. I envy my hubby who has stable parents who nurtured him to adulthood. I hope to give the same sort of stability to my LO.
I had it in my last pregnancy. . Keep the area clean n dry..

If u notice some skin areas we r expelling dirty stuff... probably due to the confinement food we eat n we expel wind n dirty stuff?
Ml finally gonna come tomorrow. Have been having cramps since this morning. My Cl say it's probably because there's too much wind and dirty blood inside.

I am craving for ice water):

Discharge from hospital today and lucky CL came... Trying to breast feed but seems difficult, so I have to sub with fm... I think cause milk haven't kick in yet?

Back