(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Haha till endocrine dr commented I nv gain weight. He said ppl usually think they are pregnant so must eat more or double but me is scare to eat scare sugar level not under control till see food also scare to eat. Also his fault la ask me imagine if the food is sweet don eat so many food outside looks sweet to me lor.
Dh asked to eat more but I told him I prefer gain weight slowly eat as per normal than eat many den dr asked to on strict diet I scare cannot take it lor cos heard friend says that her friend gain too many till dr put her on strict diet can only eat abit lor.
Haha ya lor from every poke shout out till abit numb le but I usually poke last two fingers. Dh can still says no pain alamak wait he everyday poke den he know the feeling lor n c food cannot eat no dessert also leh. Not easy lor ppl can eat anything n as many as they can. But we can pull thru haha :p
u never gain weight ..but baby gain ...good wat ...

erm actually instant oats has less nutrients components than rolled oats, even lesser than steel cut oats (but nobody use steel cut oats to make overnight oats)...so better to stick to rolled oats
some time no prawn fish also not bad :p

erm actually instant oats has less nutrients components than rolled oats, even lesser than steel cut oats (but nobody use steel cut oats to make overnight oats)...so better to stick to rolled oats

I quote according to the whole grains council website lah.... Personally I use rolled oats too.

I have seen steel cut overnight oats recipes and it's apparently really really very chewy, like giving your jaw muscles a workout....

http://www.thekitchn.com/simple-breakfast-nocook-overni-125986

[Edited to add - more information on differences between instant oat meal vs rolled oats - the GI is the main diff - rolled oats much lower GI compared to instant oats.

References:
http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/instant-oatmeal-vs-cooked-oatmeal-6777.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/...s.reheating.jampolis/index.html?iref=24hours]

Last edited:
not complicated but you must buy/think in advance what you want to put in the jar...

liquid in first at least filled half the jar - milk/soy milk/ nut milk
rolled oats - i use 5 heaps of table spoon for brekkie
sweeterner - greek yogurt/preserves/cocoa powder/cinnamon powder/avocado puree/
dried stuffs - pine nuts/dried fruits

overnight oats - only good for 2-3 days in fridge...dun keep for too long!

@Give a hope - yes brown rice have to put about a cup more water than you use for cooking white rice. Alternatively you can try soak the brown rice over night, then try put in half cup more water than white rice ... texture will be softer.
Oh den I'll give it a try again cos c dry rice hard till cannot swallow so disappointed n dare not to cook already.. Dh still pour cold water by saying buy liao cook one time only.

i just bought $92 worth of baby clothes on nextdirect! i was gonna just buy a bit first to see the size but i didn't add alot it came up to this much..lol
and like what u all said..i couldnt use my stan chart card but citibank was ok..looking fwd to arrival of my buys!!

Oh den I'll give it a try again cos c dry rice hard till cannot swallow so disappointed n dare not to cook already.. Dh still pour cold water by saying buy liao cook one time only.

You can try cooking half white rice and half brown rice together, that's what I do, it makes it more palatable. But the brown rice you must soak before hand so that can cook together w the white rice , if not the texture will be too hard and the combo won't be nice.

Hi ladies~

I used to eat overnight roll oats before I was preggy. Stop coz dunno safe to continue anot coz use milk to soak overnight.

Seems like its ok to eat, shall restart again.

I normally mix 1 cup of oats with milk, yogurt, honey and chia seeds, store overnight, then add whatever fruits I want b4 I eat them in the morning. I find dried cranberries not bad. :)

I wanted to buy Ingenuity Baby bouncer but the husband is not too keen because can only use for few months. Where do you put the baby during daytime when you want to cook or do some chores?

I can only think of baby bouncer, playpen or cot. Cot can't because it is in the master bedroom. Dnt wanna buy playpen and put in living room because too bulky. My next best option is baby bouncer.

Any suggestions?

View attachment 403416

i bought this FP rocker when i had my first child.. very useful

next appt on 21st..incl scanning i think... but then got this compulsory bf-ing class which i dont feel like attending at all

I wanted to buy Ingenuity Baby bouncer but the husband is not too keen because can only use for few months. Where do you put the baby during daytime when you want to cook or do some chores?

I can only think of baby bouncer, playpen or cot. Cot can't because it is in the master bedroom. Dnt wanna buy playpen and put in living room because too bulky. My next best option is baby bouncer.

Any suggestions?

View attachment 403416

I used the fisher price infant to toddler bouncer.

N once they can sit in walker then i transfer to walker liao.

But of coz playpen is the best but some baby dun wan to be confine in playpen ...

[QUOTE="GetawayJunkie, post: 7527020, member: 166196"

[Edited to add - more information on differences between instant oat meal vs rolled oats - the GI is the main diff - rolled oats much lower GI compared to instant oats.

References:
http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/instant-oatmeal-vs-cooked-oatmeal-6777.html
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/...s.reheating.jampolis/index.html?iref=24hours][/QUOTE]

ohhh... then those with GD better dun take instant oats.

But after two weeks...I am quite sick of the overnight oat liao.... hahaha...

Haha till endocrine dr commented I nv gain weight. He said ppl usually think they are pregnant so must eat more or double but me is scare to eat scare sugar level not under control till see food also scare to eat. Also his fault la ask me imagine if the food is sweet don eat so many food outside looks sweet to me lor.
Dh asked to eat more but I told him I prefer gain weight slowly eat as per normal than eat many den dr asked to on strict diet I scare cannot take it lor cos heard friend says that her friend gain too many till dr put her on strict diet can only eat abit lor.
Haha ya lor from every poke shout out till abit numb le but I usually poke last two fingers. Dh can still says no pain alamak wait he everyday poke den he know the feeling lor n c food cannot eat no dessert also leh. Not easy lor ppl can eat anything n as many as they can. But we can pull thru haha :p

Iast time i usually poke 3rd n 4th finger. My 2nd finger n last finger always poke liao no blood then wasted...

Ya my hubby also say not pain one lah... i ask him u try lor 1 day 7 times. N show him my blue black fingers. .. then he keep quiet

Yes we can pull through. . We are strong mummies !

I used the fisher price infant to toddler bouncer.

N once they can sit in walker then i transfer to walker liao.

But of coz playpen is the best but some baby dun wan to be confine in playpen ...

Thanks all for your inputs. Will think about it again. Hahahhaha!!

u never gain weight ..but baby gain ...good wat ...
That is last time. Now is omg go clinic stand on weighing machine it was like increase abt close to 1kg per week. Fingers crossed don ask me cut down food intake as I nv anyhow eat also let me under range pls. Haha :)

You can try cooking half white rice and half brown rice together, that's what I do, it makes it more palatable. But the brown rice you must soak before hand so that can cook together w the white rice , if not the texture will be too hard and the combo won't be nice.
Soak overnight? Den if cook together can put same amount of water or got to add more water also?

Iast time i usually poke 3rd n 4th finger. My 2nd finger n last finger always poke liao no blood then wasted...

Ya my hubby also say not pain one lah... i ask him u try lor 1 day 7 times. N show him my blue black fingers. .. then he keep quiet

Yes we can pull through. . We are strong mummies !
Haha I showed him my fingers w so many small holes den tell him it is painful from there he don dare to say anything liao. Lol
Yup we can pull thru we are strong ladies here hahaha :)

Mummies I read that baby will be most active during 28-32 wks. I guess that's why most of us are feeling all the weird sensations and movements all over now. This morning my little one got new pattern..she was rolling around n I could literally follow her movement from left to right of my bump.. hubs was amused and kinda freaked out a bit when he saw that hehe..

i just bought $92 worth of baby clothes on nextdirect! i was gonna just buy a bit first to see the size but i didn't add alot it came up to this much..lol
and like what u all said..i couldnt use my stan chart card but citibank was ok..looking fwd to arrival of my buys!!
Lolz .. I bought some sample see size if ok then continue lolz

I used PayPal and then payment by sc ok leh lolz

ImageUploadedByForum1413436600.244700.jpg
just bought the net for my old school
Bouncer cum rocker lolz ... Only $12.90 for net ..
Btw the whole thing including bouncer is having sales at kiddy palace for $36 (medium size )

Mummies I read that baby will be most active during 28-32 wks. I guess that's why most of us are feeling all the weird sensations and movements all over now. This morning my little one got new pattern..she was rolling around n I could literally follow her movement from left to right of my bump.. hubs was amused and kinda freaked out a bit when he saw that hehe..
very hard for me to catch my princess' pattern now. some times she is active in the early afternoon and arnd 9 to 10 pm. sometimes she is active in the morning and slightly earlier in the evening. hmmmm I hope to feel regular movements soon

yooo hoooo!! half nad hr more and i am off work!!! Off to a self-pampering afternoon...gonna do my hair, mani and pedi. and tmr i am gg to see my LO... took the day off :D
Haha I also taking half day tired leh everyday working. Omg I on n off will crave for long john chicken fillets n fries. Opps fingers crossed for my reading later.

Haha I also taking half day tired leh everyday working. Omg I on n off will crave for long john chicken fillets n fries. Opps fingers crossed for my reading later.

I have this intense love for long john silver chickens + fries + coleslaw. Super yummy! The only fastfood meal I like.

very hard for me to catch my princess' pattern now. some times she is active in the early afternoon and arnd 9 to 10 pm. sometimes she is active in the morning and slightly earlier in the evening. hmmmm I hope to feel regular movements soon

haha mine is only active at night after 10pm. Also everytime when i play music, she will wake up :p

Soak overnight? Den if cook together can put same amount of water or got to add more water also?

In case anyone is interested, The brand I cook is "Thai Organic Hom Mali Crystal Brown Rice".
No soaking required.
I use the electric lunch box to steam.
Water to rice ratio is 1:1
My family can all eat this, so no need for white rice.

mine is moving around just now, ya I really feel they are getting more n more active.
I saw ripples on my tummy yesterday night.
The thing is I really disturb her a lot, haha I tap or jab my tummy if I don't feel her moving that much at night and my hub is really annoyed. hahaa

I have this intense love for long john silver chickens + fries + coleslaw. Super yummy! The only fastfood meal I like.
Haha I eat kfc chicken will puke aft that. Tried many times still the same. Coleslaw the veggie no cook n is belong to cooling type so dare not to eat or abit for taste only. Haha

wholemeal bread still lose to multi grain bread leh..

multi grain bread the reading is damn low one lolz

brown rice never like them and hard to prepare also..cannot expect my mom to just cook brownrice and force everyone to eat with me so for me i just take lesser rice more vege or meat lor then exercise
Whole grain n multi grain bread is diff? I just bought whole grain bread from breadtalk as my tea break n tmr bf. So ex leh their bread 8 pcs for $5.

Yesterday we finally arranged the stuff we bought from the Baby fair etc and chuck them one side in the nursery until we figure out what to do with the nursery.

I need to stop buying clothes. I think my daughter will end up wearing Carters for Home clothes hahahaa.
i don't mind lah cos i got it quite cheap actually. So no need to go Waterloo and buy some more basics. Scared buy too many.

DSC_0241.jpg

i've covered most of the major items like:
- Babycot / Mattress / pillow / Bolster
- Stroller (i finally decided on the Babyzen Yoyo)
- Ingenuity Washable Playard. Will put it in the living room for baby to sleep during day time. Pretty easy cos it comes with a changing table as well so easy for me to do changing and all.
- Ingenuity Auto Swing (i technically got this FOC with the Playard during the Baby Fair PO). So will definitely utilise this!
- Bumbo Seat. Don't ask me why i buy this! Totally unnecessary but so cute to see baby sit in Bumbo seat! Hahahaha
- Goon Diapers. i bought 2 pack newborn and 2 pack Small Size. i find the Goon cutting for newborns slightly bigger than other diapers so hoping that she wont outgrow the newborn size that fast.
- Baby Wraps & Baby Sling Pouch. I have yet to buy a carrier because i wanna wait till baby neck is stronger.. 3 mths upwards then go and do a carrier fitting.

i went to the Taka Baby Fair last sunday to get Pigeon stuff like detergent, breast pad etc.
I think i'm only left with all the minor minor stuff that i can buy slowly. Thank god cos really i'm getting too lazy to do any shopping already. Too lazy to cook even!

Yesterday we finally arranged the stuff we bought from the Baby fair etc and chuck them one side in the nursery until we figure out what to do with the nursery.

I need to stop buying clothes. I think my daughter will end up wearing Carters for Home clothes hahahaa.
i don't mind lah cos i got it quite cheap actually. So no need to go Waterloo and buy some more basics. Scared buy too many.

i went to the Taka Baby Fair last sunday to get Pigeon stuff like detergent, breast pad etc.
I think i'm only left with all the minor minor stuff that i can buy slowly. Thank god cos really i'm getting too lazy to do any shopping already. Too lazy to cook even!

WAHHHHHHHH
yes u should really stop buying!!

wow u really brought a lot of things. haha

WAHHHHHHHH
yes u should really stop buying!!

Hahahahha no choice lah! My first child so there's nothing i can re-use and all my nieces quite big already so not much hand-me-downs and certain things like stroller / cots etc i prefer buy 1st hand for sentimental value. Hahahaha.

I only take car seat from my SIL cos that's the only baby-related thing she have left! Lol

@deardyan, u even buy pampers already! hahaa

I had a lot of hand me downs coz my sis bb is just 7mth older than mine. cheapo mum, I feel don't need buy so many new borns, I only brought 1 set of 3 bamboo romper for her to wear out of hospital. haha the Carters that I brought are 9-12 months hahahaha

then I go kalung guni around, ask for 2nd hand stuff. :p
got a yaolan from my hub sis, a old school bouncer from my friend (new one, she receive as a 1st mth gift), some misc small items from friends, clothes la, breast pads la. haha

So far I only brought baby cot, stroller, baby wear, breast pump, sterilizer, muslin cloth, that's about it.

Dang! Hubby just mentioned cannot accompany me to Dr Tham tomorrow! humph! Have to go my own....

I had a lot of hand me downs coz my sis bb is just 7mth older than mine. cheapo mum, I feel don't need buy so many new borns, I only brought 1 set of 3 bamboo romper for her to wear out of hospital. haha the Carters that I brought are 9-12 months hahahaha

got a yaolan from my hub sis, a old school bouncer from my friend (new one, she receive as a 1st mth gift), some misc small items from friends, clothes la, breast pads la. haha

So far I only brought baby cot, stroller, baby wear, breast pump, sterilizer, muslin cloth, that's about it.

so long usable... it is ok to get hand me down... more things to spend on when bb grows up...

yeaaah i go buy at Expo cos i wanted to go and see the quality cos i had zero idea!
So since we're there and it's slightly cheaper, just buy lor. Hahaha

So good your sis can pass u so many hand me down! My nieces one is already 8 and the other one is turning 5 so my SIL already hand over all their clothes to other people and my SIL. Among my friends, i'm one of the last one to get married and have kids! Most of my close girlfriends got married when they were about 23-24 so their kids also now going primary already! LOL
The only hand-me-downs i got was pregnancy books! Lots of them until i don't know where to keep!

When we have a 2nd child, he/ she will definitely have to use the hand-me-downs!

Back