(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Other than cut down on sugar and carbo, did the doc ask u to do anything else???

What will happen if you really kenna GD, what is the additional "things" you need to do to manage the condition. Anyone knows?

walk at least 30mins after each meal.

no noodle or rice... eat kuay teow SOUP is the best
eat lots of fibre coz it will slow down the rate sugar "attack" ur blood ....

no plain bread, wholemeal bread only

these help to manage the condition... unless very jialat then have to go on very very strict diet....

Too many ba? Coz u also dun know ur baby suitable or not. Some maybe suitable for brand a while some suitable for brand b
in the end i got 2 tubs , 1 tub of Triple Paste and 1 tub of Aquaphor.

The former has Zinc Oxide but not the latter. Apparently what can be done when bb has a bad bout of diaper rash is to mix the 2, and add mylanta (if mylanta works, presumably then the cheap milk of magnesia from the polyclinc shld work) .

I think if borderline, they will suggest u to see dietician etc and learn how to control your diet.
i know someone who is in her 32 weeks, kena diagnose with GD, so gynae told her to buy that blood test home kit, monitor her sugar level at home and eat a diabetic diet. If by the next checkup, her sugar level still high, she'll need to jab insulin

its a torture to take the blood test home and test.

coz u have to eat at the exact timing they plan for u, and prick ur fingers at the timing they tell u to do so....

and if dun walk = sugar high abit then its depressing to see the result and will worry un necessarily end up add stress to urself and baby...

so what we can do now is walk walk walk after each meal, cannot sit down.... these will help.

wah just say only clinic called me liao. Sian my GD borderline, doc ask me cut down on sugar and carbo. but problem is i already cut down alot liao, dunno wat to cut le.....
ask you cut leh ..not ask you do the pricking test every day .. each meal leh..then you are lucky liao

yes be glad u no need do pricking test everyday... i cried when i need to do the pricking test.. coz by the end of the day my fingers are all bruised... poke where also pain...
thats why i so scared of GD test now... scared i fail and i will have to prick again and be on strict diet, follow their timing.... but then that time when i kenna i was under subsidized KKH , so attitude by nurses wasnt very good also, thats why i felt very stress if i fail any of the test on pricking day

if kenna pricking test, for a start they might wan u to prick everyday 7 times a day for 1 whole week.
and after they review ur results, they cut down to twice or thrice a week until u give birth

and on the delivery bed, they will come and prick u once in a while...

dun think too much, increase ur fibre intake and walk around after each meal, these should solve ur problem since u are only borderline and ask to cut down only.

its a torture to take the blood test home and test.

coz u have to eat at the exact timing they plan for u, and prick ur fingers at the timing they tell u to do so....

and if dun walk = sugar high abit then its depressing to see the result and will worry un necessarily end up add stress to urself and baby...

so what we can do now is walk walk walk after each meal, cannot sit down.... these will help.
yah lor my #1 ..everyday after meal i will go out walk for 30 mins lolz
i also switch to low GI diet ... yucks not nice but bo pian lolz

anyway, just wanna ask if you ladies experience these as well.. i'm not sure if it's because our uterus is moving upwards already but since yesterday i feel like baby is no longer resting low so now my lower part of tummy feels empty, almost flabby and then the top part will feel hard. This always happen in the morning.

Then as the day progress, i feel the top part cushiony as usual and the lower part of my tummy hardens. i'm 27 weeks today.
Feels so weird sometimes when i feel the lower part of my tummy become flabby.
For me..I don't feel flabby leh. In fact, my whole tummy always feels super hard..regardless of time of day..

yes be glad u no need do pricking test everyday... i cried when i need to do the pricking test.. coz by the end of the day my fingers are all bruised... poke where also pain...
thats why i so scared of GD test now... scared i fail and i will have to prick again and be on strict diet, follow their timing.... but then that time when i kenna i was under subsidized KKH , so attitude by nurses wasnt very good also, thats why i felt very stress if i fail any of the test on pricking day

if kenna pricking test, for a start they might wan u to prick everyday 7 times a day for 1 whole week.
and after they review ur results, they cut down to twice or thrice a week until u give birth

and on the delivery bed, they will come and prick u once in a while...

dun think too much, increase ur fibre intake and walk around after each meal, these should solve ur problem since u are only borderline and ask to cut down only.

huh? got cut down on pricking one meh...i did it all the way til deliver but no more pricking on delivery bed lolz

prick after u give birth for..??
lolz.. i drank that every morning for one whole year also never lose weight ..until give up lolz

haha last time i drank 1 bottle of lemon water a day... not too bad, tho i was having apple cider vinegar and sth like 2x oolong / green tea a day too in the 1-2 mths leading up to my AD

prick after u give birth for..??
haha last time i drank 1 bottle of lemon water a day... not too bad, tho i was having apple cider vinegar and sth like 2x oolong / green tea a day too in the 1-2 mths leading up to my AD
for GD lor cos borderline mah...

lolz u so onz ... that is many type of beverage leh lolz

Mixture of the things I bought and some preloved clothes.

IMG-20141014-WA0007.jpg

Combi Stroller urban walker lite

IMG-20141014-WA0009.jpg IMG-20141014-WA0011.jpg

huh? got cut down on pricking one meh...i did it all the way til deliver but no more pricking on delivery bed lolz
maybe different hospital works different way

mine 1st 7 days everyday have to do

then if "pass" then can cut down to 2-3 times a week

they will give us the date they wan us to prick, then that day have to be very control lor...

and on delivery bed they come and prick prick also ...

this was under KKH subsidized in yr 2010

maybe different hospital works different way

mine 1st 7 days everyday have to do

then if "pass" then can cut down to 2-3 times a week

they will give us the date they wan us to prick, then that day have to be very control lor...

and on delivery bed they come and prick prick also ...

this was under KKH subsidized in yr 2010

so good got pass then cut down on pricking ..
yah i know u kena in 2010 same as me lolz

so good got pass then cut down on pricking ..
yah i know u kena in 2010 same as me lolz
u mean u had to do every single day until u gave birth?? ur case was very serious? very brave leh u....
i already cried when i had to do 2-3times a week

Not sure if its cos my baby already head down. I'm quite sure cos last visit she was head down and past few days I can feel her hiccups below..
i think they turn around bah... yesterday night feel the kick below...today some how the kick seem to be above belly button ... maybe they playing somersault inside lolz

u mean u had to do every single day until u gave birth?? ur case was very serious? very brave leh u....
i already cried when i had to do 2-3times a week
chio.. touch wood .. mine borderline ...i exceed it by 1 point only
my gynae ask me do everyday so i guai guai do until delivery lor ... maybe my skin thick lolz .. or my tolerance for pain damn high.. no big deal to me just troublesome ... and seeing the score can be quite scary esp when you have craving for some food and that food will cause the score to raise pass safety line lolz

purchases from waterloo shop just now.
1) long sleeve botton front
ImageUploadedByForum1413360341.585888.jpg
shirt 6pcs -$12
2) matching long pants 6pcs -$12
3) towel 3pcs -$12
4) cloth napkin -$16

there are many design for these wear to sleep clothes,cartoons ones seems not so soft.i bought the Rabbit brand,seems softer.

Wah...you all say until very scary if tio GD. And i got family history wif diabetes. Really pray I wldnt tio! No more ice cream and soft drink until my test! I still tot wan to eat fast food for my dinner tonite...:(

Uh oh I'm getting nervous for my glucose test too... mine's on 29 Oct, my dad n grandma had diabetics, dunno if that will predispose me to GD. Plus beanie has been craving for carbo from day 1. Stress!
How come everyone taking gd test. My next appt will be at 28 weeks which is next week. But nobody inform me on gd test

i think they turn around bah... yesterday night feel the kick below...today some how the kick seem to be above belly button ... maybe they playing somersault inside lolz

ya.he seems to move here move there.sometimes poke sometimes kick.

those "thumps" r like kicks to me and those smaller "diooi diooi" like as if he is poking :p

U try with a diff card? When I use stand chart always can't go thro but ocbc card is fine.
i used another card liao.. still rejected me argghhhhh....
never mind tonight go home try again...

dun care .... must order soemthing tonight !!!! arghhhhh

i used another card liao.. still rejected me argghhhhh....
never mind tonight go home try again...

dun care .... must order soemthing tonight !!!! arghhhhh

I know how u feel! Really frustrated! Go home then try w other card lah... Sure allow u to buy de :p

Then my boy is on Low GI diet ley.... Breakfast -oat + wholegrain cereal. Lunch - brown rice porridge. Dinner brown rice w dishes.

Oh so tats the term for it.... Personally I prefer wholemeal bread if given a choice. Then I take brown rice for dinner if dinning at hm. Other then that outside I just anyhow eat. Now I'm thinking of Royce chocolate...but having sore throat again. Sianz
wholemeal bread still lose to multi grain bread leh..

multi grain bread the reading is damn low one lolz

brown rice never like them and hard to prepare also..cannot expect my mom to just cook brownrice and force everyone to eat with me so for me i just take lesser rice more vege or meat lor then exercise

Back