(2014/08) August 2014

So far I feel tis website their pump acessories price pretty reasonable.
@Seaturtle u can consider ikea cot if u wqn good n cheap. I feels is quite ok worth the money for the quality. Can adjust 2heights. But cons is u cant lower the rail when u wan carry . So have to.bend to carry.

Thanks girl for pointing that out :)! I still prefer a cot that I don't hv to bend to carry cos I have a weak back. Gg to check out some cots this weekend :)!

Just wondering any mummies want to meet for lunch around raffle place next week? It will be nice to put a face to the nick and have a chat before we pop !

It's a great idea but I not working now and am staying at a very far stretched location. Maybe other ladies can meet up tog :)!

mummies, u may be interested in the TMC fair at suntec this wkend..

Attachments

• 1402311400.jpg
    1402311400.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 218
Tks all for ur replies! Joyctansg, I joined this fb on pumping called exclusive pumping. They talked abt freemie cup and spectra pump. I bought my unimom pump before knowing this spectra pump. Can go goggle. Not sure good or not but seems to have quite good review on fb for most pple.

yeah i'm also so tempted to get the freemie cup.. but too bad it's not suitable for medela freestyle.. i saw alot of good reviews abt mummies using medela PIS + freemie cups.. make me so tempted to go get another pump..

So with these we no need buy the tubing and the breastshield n adaptor for medela freestyle? Cos I need to buy all these to replace my old ones.

Hi joyctansg, actually I haven't buy freemie yet. I just read on the fb grp. It's seems like u can do it hands free. I think u can buy from the website or this site/person called bling bling sg. Go join the exclusive pumping fb grp. They have the info. Based on the fb grp, I think u can use it for medela freestyle. U can buy the freemie connection that may have connector for freestyle. But I'm not an expert in it as I don't have one. Hee! So my info not 100%accurate. I think u shd go read more on the fb grp b4 u buy it and the pump. :)

@ Seaturtle I got my baby cot w mattress at baby kingdom is less than $500. It has 4 levels and wheels which is detachable. You might wanna check it out.

did yr gynae comment anythg about the weight of bb? mine was 2kg at 31weeks (plus i have mild GD) and he just continued asking me t eat lesser...:confused:

im also planning to get a manduca! thinking of getting from this spree on motherhood: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/manduca-carriers-spree.15200/page-12

however, the Supermom on 22-24Aug is selling manduca but not sure how much yet! so maybe wait till then and see....

i'm also intending to get Manduca carrier, and this spree price is really attractive!
but one of the mummies just posted a link on fb grp that there are fakes lurking around:

http://singaporemotherhood.com/foru...arrier-149-from-baby-expo.91651/#post-7176798

hmm... so now just abit concerned about the authenticity of the ones being sold in the spree?

i'm also intending to get Manduca carrier, and this spree price is really attractive!
but one of the mummies just posted a link on fb grp that there are fakes lurking around:

http://singaporemotherhood.com/foru...arrier-149-from-baby-expo.91651/#post-7176798

hmm... so now just abit concerned about the authenticity of the ones being sold in the spree?

a good carrier goes a long way. better pay more & get an authentic one for better comfort & safety ba. I saw babyslingsandcarrier (authorized manduca distributor) at some baby fairs before & got some discount on their carriers. can give them a call to check if they r doing any promo soon. or wait for isetan (also authorized manduca distributor) sale?

Just went for ad hoc gynae visit (wk 33) and was doing ctg. It showed mild regular contractions and cervix is soft.
Bb is ard 2.509g. Gynae is planning to take bb out earlier (by wk 38).
Now I have to go on weekly visit and ctg.

Just went for ad hoc gynae visit (wk 33) and was doing ctg. It showed mild regular contractions and cervix is soft.
Bb is ard 2.509g. Gynae is planning to take bb out earlier (by wk 38).
Now I have to go on weekly visit and ctg.

What's ctg? Do u experience this mild contractions urself?

Ur bb size sounds good. All the best girl u might be the first to pop among us!

Hello all! First time here. Anyone knows if we already went for glucose test at 28 weeks, do we still have to take another one later around 34weeks?

What's ctg? Do u experience this mild contractions urself?

Ur bb size sounds good. All the best girl u might be the first to pop among us!
Ctg scans the contraction mommy has, bb movement, mommy pulse, bb pulse.
Yes I am having regular contractions already but bb cannot come out yet. So I m taking medication.

Cervix is soft meaning it may open anytime? Wow 2.5kg at week 33 is really quite substantial. Is ur regular contraction painful? I'm only experiencing Braxton hicks now which I understand is normal at this stage of pregnancy (32.5 weeks)

Cervix is soft meaning it may open anytime? Wow 2.5kg at week 33 is really quite substantial. Is ur regular contraction painful? I'm only experiencing Braxton hicks now which I understand is normal at this stage of pregnancy (32.5 weeks)

I also having braxton hicks at 31 weeks. First time it happened I was quite surprised why my stomach became hard in knots. Thought bb kicking. Now it is occuring daily, sometimes in the form of tightening of pelvic muscles when I walk. My gynae asked me to monitor and let him know if frequent cos scared preterm.

I also having braxton hicks at 31 weeks. First time it happened I was quite surprised why my stomach became hard in knots. Thought bb kicking. Now it is occuring daily, sometimes in the form of tightening of pelvic muscles when I walk. My gynae asked me to monitor and let him know if frequent cos scared preterm.
Hi seaturtle mine started like yours too but I was getting more uncomfy as days go by and bh can occur multiple times. When I was on ctg then found out its reg contractions. My lower ab has stabbing pain.... sometimes when I want to put dwn my left leg the pain comes and I have to put dwn my left leg slowly and then my tummy will harden up.
There is a medication gynae has given me to relax the womb but the side effect is horrible-headache the whole day. I took it for a day and I cannot take it anymore. I am going to stop this "pill from hell".
As everyday is so hot or getting hotter I got green husked coconut, sugar cane and green bean soup to drink to cool my body.
My dad bought new batch of durian but I am too scared to take it as bb is already 1 week bigger than normal bb. (Acc to gynae)

Hi seaturtle mine started like yours too but I was getting more uncomfy as days go by and bh can occur multiple times. When I was on ctg then found out its reg contractions. My lower ab has stabbing pain.... sometimes when I want to put dwn my left leg the pain comes and I have to put dwn my left leg slowly and then my tummy will harden up.
There is a medication gynae has given me to relax the womb but the side effect is horrible-headache the whole day. I took it for a day and I cannot take it anymore. I am going to stop this "pill from hell".
As everyday is so hot or getting hotter I got green husked coconut, sugar cane and green bean soup to drink to cool my body.
My dad bought new batch of durian but I am too scared to take it as bb is already 1 week bigger than normal bb. (Acc to gynae)

Thanks for sharing with me girl, I keep a close watch-out. My bb is on the small-ish side (1.4 to 1.5 kg in my last check) so a bit concerned, but nothing I can do except to monitor for time being。 I heard changing activity (eg from resting to walking or vice versa) will help to ease the knots. for me if I over active for the day I get it at night, especially if I sleep in air con room. Then I get this hard knots (sometimes like 2 "mantou" in the front tummy) and lagi worse cramps in the legs also cos of the cold.

Good that you can drink green bean soup, I cannot as need to control blood sugar. Miss my desserts badly but tahaning.

You jia you k, you been very brave this journey thus far, I pray very hard that all our bbs stay inside tummies full term at least till 37 weeks.

Hi is the medication ventolin?

Hello mummies! It's my first time posting here! Expecting my no 3, due 22 Aug, currently at 31 weeks! Gynae complaining bb is too small!! So had my 1st dose of durians!!! Read that so many mummies having good bb weight! So envious!!

Is there a FB group for Aug14 mummies?
Any gatherings coming up?

Cheers!

The "pill from hell" from my gynae to relax my womb is called nifedipine la 30mg.
Side effects for me - lingering headache when you sit, intense headache when you lie down. When I watch tv I am in daze mode (I cannot even rem what I watched yest). Nausea (puke 2x). Highly irritable mode.
But it did relax the womb, I had less hardening yesterday.
Anyway I stopped taking the pill amd informed my gynae thru email. But will call his clinic to double inf tomr.

not sure if it's a good idea to eat so much cooling stuff as cooling stuff tends to cause contractions? mabbe u wanna on aircon or fan to cool urself instead?

rest well, take care & jiayou!

Hi seaturtle, u can try to eat durian

Thanks joyfulmummy, I'm a bit anxious about my bb weight but gynae is relaxed. My blood sugar is on the high side so cannot really take durians to bu :(.

Today at church a well meaning fren kept pointing out to me that my stomach is small and not sticking out as what pple expect to be at 7 months. I just try to think positive really.

Hello mummys. .I'm new here, EDD in August. Me too current 31 weeks stomach also small & i had GD can't eat too much. Only know my bb 400g when 20 weeks thereafter gynae never tell me bb weight but if everything ok I'm happy.

Thanks joyfulmummy, I'm a bit anxious about my bb weight but gynae is relaxed. My blood sugar is on the high side so cannot really take durians to bu :(.

Today at church a well meaning fren kept pointing out to me that my stomach is small and not sticking out as what pple expect to be at 7 months. I just try to think positive really.

Hi dear...I think if possible give durian a miss for GD. I had 5 seeds n 1 meatball post 2 hours 7.4 I had to walk many rounds n I didn't take dinner that night.

Hi dear...I think if possible give durian a miss for GD. I had 5 seeds n 1 meatball post 2 hours 7.4 I had to walk many rounds n I didn't take dinner that night.

Wow that's really instant glucose! Ok I try to avoid that and pray very hard our bbs will gain weight in the final growth spurt :)!

Wow that's really instant glucose! Ok I try to avoid that and pray very hard our bbs will gain weight in the final growth spurt :)!

Yes..we'll pray hard :) I took beef as is a good weight gain source n Mac double quarter pounder is good reading for me post 2hr is usually 6. I usually order without any tomato/mustard sauce n change fries to corn, u can try that. I be going for scan in 2 weeks time, will see how's bb growth then :)

how abt taking beef, red meat or protein (e.g bird nest) in general?

I don't eat durian at all (hate the taste & smell) but my babies tend to be big. probably coz I take lots of meat (esp beef) & carbo (e.g. milk, cheese, pasta, pizza, etc) during preggy ba. this round my dad somemore occassionally cook bird nest with red dates, wolfberries & ginseng, & somehow I think it does cause bb to grow faster?

Yes..we'll pray hard :) I took beef as is a good weight gain source n Mac double quarter pounder is good reading for me post 2hr is usually 6. I usually order without any tomato/mustard sauce n change fries to corn, u can try that. I be going for scan in 2 weeks time, will see how's bb growth then :)

Thanks girl for this tip, really helps! I have been struggling to find the right balance since the high sugar issue. I give it a go maybe next week :)

how abt taking beef, red meat or protein (e.g bird nest) in general?

I don't eat durian at all (hate the taste & smell) but my babies tend to be big. probably coz I take lots of meat (esp beef) & carbo (e.g. milk, cheese, pasta, pizza, etc) during preggy ba. this round my dad somemore occassionally cook bird nest with red dates, wolfberries & ginseng, & somehow I think it does cause bb to grow faster?

Thanks dear for the suggestion. . Could take beef, birdnest & milk the rest carbo have to be minimum due to gestational diabetes. .

Thanks girl for this tip, really helps! I have been struggling to find the right balance since the high sugar issue. I give it a go maybe next week :)
Sure.. hopefully it works for u too :) try skip the soft drink I usually change to milk for my tea break n ask for plain water with the meal.

Last edited:
The "pill from hell" from my gynae to relax my womb is called nifedipine la 30mg.
Side effects for me - lingering headache when you sit, intense headache when you lie down. When I watch tv I am in daze mode (I cannot even rem what I watched yest). Nausea (puke 2x). Highly irritable mode.
But it did relax the womb, I had less hardening yesterday.
Anyway I stopped taking the pill amd informed my gynae thru email. But will call his clinic to double inf tomr.

Oh I see.. For me it didn't cause any problem... But ventolin if I eat something before taking pills it helps... Maybe u try taking some stuffs before taking the pills?

Mine is only 5mg, 3 times a day..

Oh ya.. In from nov thread la.. Pop in and kpo.. Haha.. Cuz I saw u say headache so maybe can help..

I have been taking it since 1st tri cuz I have pre term labour and have babies in 22w before so it's better to take early...

Jia you mummies!! Seeing u ladies popping soon means I'm also further along the pregnancy le..

Im going to die of breathelessness and ankle ache.... every night cannot sleep cause the moment i lie down i cant breathe... and my ankle had been swollen and cant walk for a week.. i seriously cant wait for my agony to end in 2 months time... i really just want my lungs back!!!!

Ventolin is also a drug to stop contractions.. It's in pill form as well as syrup but syrup is for kids with asthma and very bad coughing..

It's also called salbutamol..

Ventolin is used also for acute asthma - I carry this with me all the time lol. Didn't know it can help wit contractions. The known side effects of ventolin (salbutamol in tablet form) is trembling, heart palpitations etc.

But I think @your_attorney mentioned this is the not same drug she using. Maybe can ask gynae if can use ventolin. I think the side effects not so severe.

Im going to die of breathelessness and ankle ache.... every night cannot sleep cause the moment i lie down i cant breathe... and my ankle had been swollen and cant walk for a week.. i seriously cant wait for my agony to end in 2 months time... i really just want my lungs back!!!!

breathlessness coz of heartburn? I find that eating a lighter dinner (less rice) & using 2 pillows to prop up my head makes me sleep better at night.

swollen ankle coz of water retention? can try prenatal massage. find that it helps reduce body aches & water retention on my legs.

I'm feeling very heavy & clumsy. breathless & sore in V area when walk too much/fast. can't wait for bb to come out too. but then bb come out lagi tiring, no sleep/rest. dilemma. sigh.

Back