(2014/08) August 2014

@Seaturtle - Philips? My friend gave me her philips sterilizer!

Lucky u! I didn't buy this bundle in the end. Find that they included not very useful stuff.

I went to spring maternity at jalan kilang today. The only cot I liked was the last display set and it being white was quite dirty, and it still costs $299. Went Taka but didn't like the cots there as well as a bit bulky. I gg to try my luck at the hyper store or the Thomson baby shower fair next weekend.

I dun think Stephanie Sun is having 2nd one, at least for now. Cos I'm gng for her concert on 5th July wor. .. which I believe there will be some dancing part.

Feel so uneasy to wear sleeveless now...got to keep reminding myself not to raise up my hand :(

Google research says to use lemon or cucumber. . Not sure safe or not during pregnancy.

I think even if ppl saw they will be ok too.. lol!! I never really thinks abt how ppl sees it but as long as they are woman or have preggy partner before. . They should know the dark pigment is not our choice. Lol

Does anyone have this tingling feeling on the right rib cage (underneath the right breast) during sitting down or lying down?
I have been having this feeling since weeks ago but seems like the frequency is increasing......

Jts: today I went medical hall to buy herbs and the tcm uncle told me that cordeceps will increase the size of the bb. (Bc it opens up our appetite) I was having double boiled cordeceps with pork loin or black chicken for the past 4 weeks and the bb was really huge (2.5kg) when I went for my week 32 chk up.
Not sure whether other mommies from this forum oso experience the same thing as me but just to share.
Also 1 month before edd, we shd stop taking tonic.

Does anyone have this tingling feeling on the right rib cage (underneath the right breast) during sitting down or lying down?
I have been having this feeling since weeks ago but seems like the frequency is increasing......
I don't have tingling feeling but I got this feeling of "wearing something tooo tight"feeling at my rib cage if I sit on chair without cushion support. Even sofa need a back cushion support else I feel extremely uncomfy.
Recently I feel occasional stabbing pain at lower ab. My mom said it was due to bb expansion but will inf gynae next week - week 34 (on bi weekly chk up nw).

@your_attorney not sure if what you mentioned is the same as what I've mentioned. It is not painful but just feel uncomfortable and it is like asking me to 'move' and not be in the same position... my next gynae appointment is next week so maybe will check with him on this tingling feeling. However I did google on this and most of them say it is normal and nothing to be freaked out.

Jts: today I went medical hall to buy herbs and the tcm uncle told me that cordeceps will increase the size of the bb. (Bc it opens up our appetite) I was having double boiled cordeceps with pork loin or black chicken for the past 4 weeks and the bb was really huge (2.5kg) when I went for my week 32 chk up.
Not sure whether other mommies from this forum oso experience the same thing as me but just to share.
Also 1 month before edd, we shd stop taking tonic.

Thanks for sharing, I didn't dare to take cordyceps cos quite bu. intend to do so after giving birth :).

@Seaturtle is there a bb fair?? Expo or suntec?? I wan c the baby fair on early july one. But thk is a mini one. The good one ii wan go is october one. Will be a pretty good buy since their Last one was too packed.

@Seaturtle is there a bb fair?? Expo or suntec?? I wan c the baby fair on early july one. But thk is a mini one. The good one ii wan go is october one. Will be a pretty good buy since their Last one was too packed.

Thanks @joyctansg- I think there is one in early July called Baby Baby 2014 from the Expo calendar. This weekend very happening, got 2 mini fairs, one is the BabyExpo at Expot t(http://www.babyexpo.com.sg/), and the other is at Suntec for the Thomson Baby Shower Party.

I think the best fair so far is the one I missed in May. This upcoming one like not so many merchandise (see webpage I attached above). I might just go and have a look. The Medela freestyle package looks even cheaper at SGD 659 aiyoh....

I got very super craving for durian tat i realli feel like eating i realli had a hard time of controlling... there was 1 time i got to go tpy lorong 8 to buy it was 1030pm!!!

I got very super craving for durian tat i realli feel like eating i realli had a hard time of controlling... there was 1 time i got to go tpy lorong 8 to buy it was 1030pm!!!
Cravings must be satisfied. I had this craving for stingray recently for some weird reason. Hubby got it and I only tasted like 5 mouths. Hubby asked why I took so little, I said it is not nice. Lol.

@Seaturtle thk I go to the one in 1st wk july. Manage to get free goodie bag and also do my last min shopping. Prob in july will b less active luao. Freestyle m3dela is good. Very handy. I love it cos I can enjoy pump n use my phone to relax compare latch. But thk now will try latch more so my bm will have more n no need keep wash the gadgets.

Cravings must be satisfied. I had this craving for stingray recently for some weird reason. Hubby got it and I only tasted like 5 mouths. Hubby asked why I took so little, I said it is not nice. Lol.
Lol. ...I did the same for my craving too. Sometimes I just crave for some food, but only eat a few mouth or at most half of it. My hubby got to finish the rest :p

juz went see gynae today. baby is 2.3kg at 32W. abit on the heavy side. hahah. but gynae say no worries since my GD test returns negative. also sort of confirm csect on 26jul (37W+3) liao. :)

juz went see gynae today. baby is 2.3kg at 32W. abit on the heavy side. hahah. but gynae say no worries since my GD test returns negative. also sort of confirm csect on 26jul (37W+3) liao. :)
My little one is also on the heavy side! at 31+ weeks now and she's weighing 2.28kg. I wasn't checked for GD though.. But my gynae isn't that concerned..

My little one is also on the heavy side! at 31+ weeks now and she's weighing 2.28kg. I wasn't checked for GD though.. But my gynae isn't that concerned..

mabbe coz ur weight gain has been good. my weight shot up during 2nd tri & bb's stomach is abit big. so gynae was abit worried abt GD.

U opt for c sect or recommendef by gynae? GA or epi c sect? The last time i see my gynae she told me my placenta quite near to cervix. So until now dunno is c sect or natural yet

@Seaturtle do you know the mini fair at suntec is at which part/tower of suntec? I can't find any info on this.

Hi I don't know which hall in suntec but I think it's more of Thomson medical talks with some shopping thrown in? Not very clear from the brochure.

U can go into Facebook and search for Journeying with Baby. That page has the event details n workshop :)

@Seaturtle thk I go to the one in 1st wk july. Manage to get free goodie bag and also do my last min shopping. Prob in july will b less active luao. Freestyle m3dela is good. Very handy. I love it cos I can enjoy pump n use my phone to relax compare latch. But thk now will try latch more so my bm will have more n no need keep wash the gadgets.

That's a good idea I don't think I will like to wash so much :p.

I got my freestyle oredi at last fair at $799 which was very ex. Hope to save some money at fairs gg forward and snag my cot as well soon :p

U opt for c sect or recommendef by gynae? GA or epi c sect? The last time i see my gynae she told me my placenta quite near to cervix. So until now dunno is c sect or natural yet

I opt for csect. my #1 was emergency csect. too chicken to try for VBAC. too many constraints liao (e.g. I think bb must be less than 2.8kg so easier to push, & labour can't be too long, less than 6hrs, etc) and consequences will be dire if got any complications. last time emergency so had GA. think this time will probably try epi ba.

I read somewhere placenta might move higher as pregnancy progress? mabbe got chance for natural? what did ur gynae recommend?

So far I feel tis website their pump acessories price pretty reasonable.
@Seaturtle u can consider ikea cot if u wqn good n cheap. I feels is quite ok worth the money for the quality. Can adjust 2heights. But cons is u cant lower the rail when u wan carry . So have to.bend to carry.

Just wondering any mummies want to meet for lunch around raffle place next week? It will be nice to put a face to the nick and have a chat before we pop !

I opt for csect. my #1 was emergency csect. too chicken to try for VBAC. too many constraints liao (e.g. I think bb must be less than 2.8kg so easier to push, & labour can't be too long, less than 6hrs, etc) and consequences will be dire if got any complications. last time emergency so had GA. think this time will probably try epi ba.

I read somewhere placenta might move higher as pregnancy progress? mabbe got chance for natural? what did ur gynae recommend?
Seeing the gynae next week, gynae say can try natural cause that time not extremely near n probably as baby grow it will move the placenta up. Im more worried about my diabetes than the placenta thing actually. My augar forever high and insulin resistance is damn strong.

Seeing the gynae next week, gynae say can try natural cause that time not extremely near n probably as baby grow it will move the placenta up. Im more worried about my diabetes than the placenta thing actually. My augar forever high and insulin resistance is damn strong.

my gynae mentioned that the risk of bb's lungs not developing fast enough is higher with GD. so probably will be good if u wait for natural ba.

Tks all for ur replies! Joyctansg, I joined this fb on pumping called exclusive pumping. They talked abt freemie cup and spectra pump. I bought my unimom pump before knowing this spectra pump. Can go goggle. Not sure good or not but seems to have quite good review on fb for most pple.

Back