(2014/08) August 2014

Hi ariadne, i have not fix any appt.with my gynae yet..is this yr 1st? Mine will be #3 :)
But my line is a faint line..

Hi girls, CONGRATS! I'm expected my first child in Aug too. Conceived successfully through IVF:) Not sure when EDD is but the online calendar suggests mid Aug.

congrats Junie & ariadne :)
Wow..ariadne, we r same same... my 1st is girl & 2nd is boy, how abt you?
Base on the online calendar, my EDD will be 15 Aug 2014, currently is 4weeks+, but I don't have any symptons at all leh! very worry..

Hi Emily,

Actually, my first two is a pair of twins. :) you are blessed not to have any obvious symptoms. I had been really sick since sat.

Hi Emily, you are so fortunate not to have symptoms.... I've been feeling nauseous since the first day I tested positive:( I hope it will be over soon so that I can enjoy my pregnancy.

Since you ladies are experienced mom, need your advice what to look our for when deciding a gynea. Thanks !

Hi Junie,

You have to list what are your priorities. Is the hospitals you delivering in important? If that is, then you can use that to narrow your search first.

Then there are several things you might want to think of.
1. Cost
2. Any packages available from 20 weeks. If yes, prices.
3. Comfort level with gynae. Do you prefer a chatty gynae or a more laid back gynae or straight to the point gynae. Some gynae are good in reassurance while some just lay the facts to you preparing you better for any situations.
4. Skills in stitches whether for the episiotomy or csect.
5. Hospitals the gynae delivery in.
6. Female or male gynae. Depends on your comfort level
7. Experienced gynae?
8. Bed side manners.
9. Availability for your EDD.

Just some of the things to help you narrow down in your search.

my 1st & 2nd pregnancy also not much symptons.. i rather to have some symptons so means that my little baby is doing well inside :p

called my gynae to book appt, but she is "super" popular leh cos the earliest appt. only available end of Feb. so no choice think i have to go another gynae for the 1st chk up first.

My no. 2 is also going to be EDD Aug 2014.
It's very early stages now and it's quite "pang tang" to tell ppl.
Compared to 3 of you, I am currently taking jabs (progesterone) because I have spotting.
Gynae has put me on bedrest!
Chat with you ladies more soon.

congrats evy1. :)
i'm new to this forum. EDD 15 Aug 13. (estimated about 5.5 weeks. but duno accurate anot cos my cycle is more than 28 days)
Just went for my 2nd scan today and feelin kinda down cos doc said can see the size is growing.
but can't see yolk sac. need to go for another scan next week.

i feel all the naseous-ness, indigestion, bloatedness too.
it seems like taking those prenatal vitamins help a little :) you can get blackmorres brand fr pharmacy

Hi ladies, congratulations! :)

I'm new to this forum, tested positive on 10th Dec, edd should be around 15 Aug 14 at The moment.

Currently waiting for my 6th week scan on Christmas Eve which is making me very nervous and The waiting is agonizing! :/

When you ladies getting your next scans?

Morning ladies, I am getting the stupid nausea feeling already....it starts in the morning and night.
My next scan is next Monday....peyjean, my gynae was able to see the yolk and we tried to listen to the heart beat but cannot hear anything last week.
But we saw the frequency of the bb's heart beat.

Just a check how many are working as OL full time here?
Have you ladies told your colleagues or boss yet?

Morning ladies, I am getting the stupid nausea feeling already....it starts in the morning and night.
My next scan is next Monday....peyjean, my gynae was able to see the yolk and we tried to listen to the heart beat but cannot hear anything last week.
But we saw the frequency of the bb's heart beat.

Just a check how many are working as OL full time here?
Have you ladies told your colleagues or boss yet?

Afternoon ladies~

attorney, I'm also working as OL full time but I work in a small company (HQ in taiwan), in the office only 3 of us and I'm the only female working as admin & accounts. Out of two other guys, one is my hubby. Only concern for us is telling the managers but will only do so after hitting the 3 months mark.

It must be different for you ladies working in big corporations? Anyway, hot day today.! Drink lots of water! :)

hi ladies, joining u all in this grp. just saw my gynae today.. expecting my #2 edd 2 Aug but he wants to reconfirm the edd in 2 weeks again because my period is irregular and can't be certain of the day of conception. my #1 is coming to 9 month old soon, i'm overwhelmed by this good news!

Jvall - sounds like a cosy pl to work in, sounds like some family business to me.

I had no choice but to tell my boss after given hospitalization leave to bedrest. But I am very "pan tan" and believe we shouldn't tell till 1st trimester has passed.

imogenheap - congrats and good job! I wish I can have my no2 earlier if possible. But better late than never.
Let's cheer together!!!

No la we just happened to join a company that has small operation here.

I'm not those follow tradition much kind but I read that risk of mc is high before 12 weeks so I really don't dare to announce, only family knows. Somemore first pregnancy im really worried. 6 years tgt (married 2 years++) this is The first positive!
Keeping fingers crossed ~~ :)

Hi...hi...Congrats!
Im a FTWM too, wkg in a small company as a Personal Asst. very busy and very stressfull, But this will be my #3 pregnancy in this Company..my last 2 pregnancy i only told my boss after 12weeks.
My appt.with my gynae is 2 weeks later which is 7wks.Hope everything is fine and can hear baby heartbeat :)

Hi ...I test positive on 121213 . Today go see gynae but unable view the sac. Go for blood test. Maybe too early to check. My no 2. X finger.

Hi Mummies, Havent been chatting with mummies for very long time!
Hubby and I trying for our next..
This is our 2nd month into trying...
Hopefully we'll get some good news soon! ;)

My no. 2 is also going to be EDD Aug 2014.
It's very early stages now and it's quite "pang tang" to tell ppl.
Compared to 3 of you, I am currently taking jabs (progesterone) because I have spotting.
Gynae has put me on bedrest!
Chat with you ladies more soon.
Take care your_attorney! dun move too much ya?

Harlow everyone and congratulations! This is my #3 and EDD is 5 August. The morning sickness is killing me. Jia you all mummies:)

ladies, how are u? congrats to all!
i have been waiting for the aug thread to be open, follow and was hoping to be part of the group.

i apologize first in case i bring some negative thoughts to the thread. this is my 4th pregnancy, the previous 3 were miscarriages and the last one being ectopic. can't help being more paranoid than others.

i tested positve on monday , but my hcg level is very low only 5.8. luckily rose to 21.2 on thurs, still beneath the 25 range. coz I'm high risk so dr ask me to take blood test and have to follow thru with jabs etc later to hope that i can carry through this pregnancy. coming tues going for another test, if still doubling then i will be really consider pregnant in the dr eyes. though clear blue already say pregnant lol

dr has to make sure its not ectopic again therefore i will have lots of blood test these 2 weeks, coz chances of happening the second time is 10% and then 25% and so on.

So i decided to join the thread now, hope that i can get some support :) if this is successful, it will be my first :)

Hopeful mum , have lots of rest. My homo level r low. Therefore my Gynae give me homo pills n jab . Good luck n hope this will be success one :)

Hopeful mum , have lots of rest. My homo level r low. Therefore my Gynae give me homo pills n jab . Good luck n hope this will be success one :)
thank u. u too rest more. dr don't want me to start with jabs first, they want to make sure mine is not chemical first. i think my 3rd blood test if okay and still doubling then they probably will start to give me jabs :)

yeah keep my fingers crossed. I'm cautiously happy now.

Hi hopefulmum, Welcome & Congrats! :)
I saw yr post on the other group (2ww..), i'm not active there but is a silent reader there. Don't worry,everything will be fine de..

hi everyone! I'm also expecting my #2 in early-mid aug :) haven't go see gynae yet. probably going 7-8wks if no spotting etc. don't want scare myself if can't detect anything. for my #1, I could hear the heartbeat when I went see gynae ard 7+wks. everyone take care & jiayou k!!

ladies, how are u? congrats to all!
i have been waiting for the aug thread to be open, follow and was hoping to be part of the group.

i apologize first in case i bring some negative thoughts to the thread. this is my 4th pregnancy, the previous 3 were miscarriages and the last one being ectopic. can't help being more paranoid than others.

i tested positve on monday , but my hcg level is very low only 5.8. luckily rose to 21.2 on thurs, still beneath the 25 range. coz I'm high risk so dr ask me to take blood test and have to follow thru with jabs etc later to hope that i can carry through this pregnancy. coming tues going for another test, if still doubling then i will be really consider pregnant in the dr eyes. though clear blue already say pregnant lol

dr has to make sure its not ectopic again therefore i will have lots of blood test these 2 weeks, coz chances of happening the second time is 10% and then 25% and so on.

So i decided to join the thread now, hope that i can get some support :) if this is successful, it will be my first :)

Hi Hopefulmum, welcome! Jiayou!! Anything can just talk to us here, let us all support each other through this tough but wonderful journey! :)

Hi Hopefulmum, welcome! Jiayou!! Anything can just talk to us here, let us all support each other through this tough but wonderful journey! :)
Thanks for the warm welcome, I will Jia you :)

Can't wait to go for my next blood test :)

I'm having cramps from time to time too and it always makes me abit worried. I'm paranoid to The extent that I actually went mustafa to buy 5x hpt to test every 2 days till my 6th week appt on 24th. I had to make I'm seeing two lines always. Lol. Dr said If everything goes well will be able to see heartbeat by then. Hoping for it as a great Christmas present!

Meanwhile, jiayou ladies! We can do this! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, I will Jia you :)

Can't wait to go for my next blood test :)

You're welcomed ! Me too can't wait for next appt! The wait is agonizing ~~~ meanwhile can only do more research on pregnancy, Googling and reading like mad. Lol. >.<

You're welcomed ! Me too can't wait for next appt! The wait is agonizing ~~~ meanwhile can only do more research on pregnancy, Googling and reading like mad. Lol. >.<
Lol. Same here. Are u a first time mum? I'm super impatient. I tested 2-3 days before af arrived. If I tested on the day itself or when late then I won't get myself in such a panick mood. Cox I ever has chemical pregnancy before so when the numbers are low it just make things worse. Lol

But I'm grateful af really didn't turn up while I wait for my 2nd blood test on thurs earlier this week.

Lol. Same here. Are u a first time mum? I'm super impatient. I tested 2-3 days before af arrived. If I tested on the day itself or when late then I won't get myself in such a panick mood. Cox I ever has chemical pregnancy before so when the numbers are low it just make things worse. Lol

But I'm grateful af really didn't turn up while I wait for my 2nd blood test on thurs earlier this week.

Yes this would be my first! Hubby and I were taking things natural and weren't really trying cause just bought resale and only move in next May 14. So was actually planning to really try after settling down in House. But who knows after 6 whole years No precaution baby arrived at this timing. Lol. We were joking that The baby is clever, know got own House liao then come.

I got to know my bfp when I went in to a&e due to my extremely stiff neck that's causing acute pain and they tested before sending for xray, lucky tested so didnt go for xray and was discharged but neck problem still here. Till now still trying to recover which is really frustrating cause I can't rest properly or move properly.

I'm having cramps from time to time too and it always makes me abit worried. I'm paranoid to The extent that I actually went mustafa to buy 5x hpt to test every 2 days till my 6th week appt on 24th. I had to make I'm seeing two lines always. Lol. Dr said If everything goes well will be able to see heartbeat by then. Hoping for it as a great Christmas present!

Meanwhile, jiayou ladies! We can do this! :)

I bought 20x hpt from online lo. hahah. test almost everyday just to make sure the line gets darker each time. :p

I bought 20x hpt from online lo. hahah. test almost everyday just to make sure the line gets darker each time. :p

Lol! Nice! Bobian, we need something to reassure us in between The scans! Anyway would you mind sharing which site you bought them from? Thanks! :)

Wahahaha good night ladies. Didn't expect so many night owls like me.

After see gynae Liao can stop testing already. I also telling myself to stop. Cox I can't do anything already. But the urge is just there to test.

Jval must take care. Shifting house can cause a lot of stress not good for baby. Let he hubby do all the work. Lol baby so smart come just at the right time!

Wahahaha good night ladies. Didn't expect so many night owls like me.

After see gynae Liao can stop testing already. I also telling myself to stop. Cox I can't do anything already. But the urge is just there to test.

Jval must take care. Shifting house can cause a lot of stress not good for baby. Let he hubby do all the work. Lol baby so smart come just at the right time!

Haha Cant sleep yet! Partly due to The pain on my neck and partly cause I'm still eating. Lol. Yeah The urge to test just to see those two lines pop up is irresistible!

Yups, Thanks babe. Will keep it in mind! :) nights nights!

Lol! Nice! Bobian, we need something to reassure us in between The scans! Anyway would you mind sharing which site you bought them from? Thanks! :)

I bought from qoo10.sg. search for hpt. I bought the David brand. cheap & reliable so far.

Thanks kopibeanie ~

Mummies who are having No.2, mind sharing with us first time mums how did you give birth to No.1? I've heard and read many stories regarding labour and that's The part I kinda have a love-hate relationship with. Lol. It's The only way to meet our babies but quite a lot to go through! How did you guys pull through? Thanks ~~

Back