(2014/08) August 2014

Me also 12kg as of week 27 but my baby only weighs 976g during my last gynae check up.
My butt and boobs confirm got bigger but the rest of it I think abit ba....
Now u are making me worry about my next gynae check....

Hey no lah don't worry, if your gynae think necessary he would have asked you to check earlier oredi I think. A lot of ladies here also doing alright too :).

yep my boy did have HFMD when I was in 2nd tri. basically try minimise contact lo, esp during first few days when the drooling gets quite bad. we moved him to my parents place, my mum & hb took care of him. I read the HFMD will be dangerous to bb if mummy contacted it just before birth.
Thanks kopibeanie.
I spoke to the pd and my gynae..they told me the risk is minimal but reminded me to keep washing my hands to prevent infection and keep germs away.

Yesterday I visited my gynae and he told me that I was under week 32, mom is 60kg and bb is 2.5kg. I got a shocked and say:"Are you sure? That's huge!" Then he checked the head and tummy again and told me ard 2.3-2.4kg.
He also do a swap via vagina for me but I didnt ask him why I need to do swap. Anyone know what the swap is for??

Found items to prepare for delivery

Attachments

• 1402535636494.jpg
    1402535636494.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 204
Yesterday I visited my gynae and he told me that I was under week 32, mom is 60kg and bb is 2.5kg. I got a shocked and say:"Are you sure? That's huge!" Then he checked the head and tummy again and told me ard 2.3-2.4kg.
He also do a swap via vagina for me but I didnt ask him why I need to do swap. Anyone know what the swap is for??

wow that's big! the swap test is to test for the presence of some strep bacteria. if positive, gynae will prescribe u some antibiotics b4 delivery in case u pass the bacteria to ur bb during delivery.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/group-b-strep-test/basics/definition/prc-20014969

My edd is 11 aug.

I plan to go on leave by 8 aug and take 16 weeks maternity leave follow by 6 days childcare leave and follow by my unused this year's annual leave which will last me to 2015. And in any case of early delivery, I will use my mc... (probably take a week mc before 8 aug)

Hehe use all my entitled leaves to max!
(Who ask them treat me so "good")

Clap clap ..

I hope the gynae measure wrongly. I cannot possibly carry a 3.5 or 4 kg bb for my built...I can only blame myself for eating too much durians and drink too much soft drinks.
Seaturtle - I am not sure abt ergo but I plan to get manduca. (May haf spelled wrongly) I read some online sellers buy from tb at v cheap rate and sell at half price of original products. That means they earn more than 100%. Just be careful if you are purchasing online.

Had my check up today for wk 32..baby weighted 1. 7kg.. minus off about 3kg of placenta n water bag..I gained 2 kg from norm. Yeah yeah !!! :)

I hope the gynae measure wrongly. I cannot possibly carry a 3.5 or 4 kg bb for my built...I can only blame myself for eating too much durians and drink too much soft drinks.
Seaturtle - I am not sure abt ergo but I plan to get manduca. (May haf spelled wrongly) I read some online sellers buy from tb at v cheap rate and sell at half price of original products. That means they earn more than 100%. Just be careful if you are purchasing online.

Thanks girl for sharing. I think the ergo is being sold at spring maternity showroom on sat and only 24 pieces. Unlikely I can make it ha ha so will go check out other brands like the one u mentioned.

Ya no Taobao or local online purchases for me for imported n expensive items. I don't trust the quality really. I only buy peripherals from Taobao :p

Durian really boost weight v.fast!
During my 5th mth doc said my baby petite size.
My friend recommended mento eat durian too boost baby's growth and I had 3 seeds. Baby from 900+ gram increase to 1.3kg. After the 3 seeds of durian, I totally stopped cos yesterday doc said my baby middle size liao..

Durian really boost weight v.fast!
During my 5th mth doc said my baby petite size.
My friend recommended mento eat durian too boost baby's growth and I had 3 seeds. Baby from 900+ gram increase to 1.3kg. After the 3 seeds of durian, I totally stopped cos yesterday doc said my baby middle size liao..

Durian so effective? Would like to try except that since I fail my GD test I don't think I can eat this fruit :(. Maybe ladies without GD issues can give it a go, as I also heard durian very bu for the baby.

Durian so effective? Would like to try except that since I fail my GD test I don't think I can eat this fruit :(. Maybe ladies without GD issues can give it a go, as I also heard durian very bu for the baby.

Yes v.bu however cannot overdose due to the sugar level of durian.
I watched my diet closely and so far so good all checkup review norm and even doc also know that I don excessively have meals intake and said im good.

So mummies out here, remember dont over eat!
Just eat norm no need double portion. Eat nutrition food! Well..myself also cant resist to food temptation hence I limit myself if I have something sinful for myself or baby..I will NOT have any within the day and next day will be a rest day totally no sinful food intake..make it alternate.

I watched my diet closely and so far so good all checkup review norm and even doc also know that I don excessively have meals intake and said im good.

Just eat norm no need double portion. Eat nutrition food! Well..myself also cant resist to food temptation hence I limit myself if I have something sinful for myself or baby..I will NOT have any within the day and next day will be a rest day totally no sinful food intake..make it alternate.

So disciplined! I was quite disciplined initially but later overindulged myself in 2nd trimester onwards. Now back to normal portion and even lower especially carbs wise. Hope this will help bring my blood sugar to normal levels. Really don't want to have insulin injections.

So disciplined! I was quite disciplined initially but later overindulged myself in 2nd trimester onwards. Now back to normal portion and even lower especially carbs wise. Hope this will help bring my blood sugar to normal levels. Really don't want to have insulin injections.

@ Seaturtle
I left 2 mths to EDD..I believe you can discipline yourself for the sake of own health and your baby!

Example:
If wana drink bubble tea or cold drinks can!!! rest of the day can only drink water.
If want dessert can!!! Rest of the day drink water...
Meaning per day cant exceed more than 1 sinful food at all

I didn't know durians can be such effective tonic. For no 1 I oso ate durians but she was inly 2.6kg in the end.
This round I must have been craving for durian so ate 3-4seeds from those ntuc cold storage type. But the other day when my dad brought bk those fresh type, I ate alot of seeds (easily 20) but they are small.
To prevent myself from being heaty, I oso took mangosteen on top of tea.
I dun have GD but still got to watch my diet cos of the pressing "pain" on my lower ab area.
Not sure about you ladies but I always need food at ard 4-5pm no matter what I had for lunch.

My gynae has informed me that he is fully booked on week 38 and wants me to hold till week 39. I am not sure if it is possible since bb is already quite heavy. Now I am in dilemma if I shd bring bb out earlier, ie week 37.

I didn't know durians can be such effective tonic. For no 1 I oso ate durians but she was inly 2.6kg in the end.
This round I must have been craving for durian so ate 3-4seeds from those ntuc cold storage type. But the other day when my dad brought bk those fresh type, I ate alot of seeds (easily 20) but they are small.
To prevent myself from being heaty, I oso took mangosteen on top of tea.
I dun have GD but still got to watch my diet cos of the pressing "pain" on my lower ab area.
Not sure about you ladies but I always need food at ard 4-5pm no matter what I had for lunch.

Both durian and mangosteen are high sugar fruits!!! OMG..

Yeah I went hungry after lunch about the dame timing..I will usually eat meiji plain cracker and water to tahan till dinner.

Both durian and mangosteen are high sugar fruits!!! OMG..

Yeah I went hungry after lunch about the dame timing..I will usually eat meiji plain cracker and water to tahan till dinner.

Salute you! I usually will drink red bean soup or indulge in ice cream when this happens...sigh.

Your reply jolted me leh, I thought I got 3 more months to go. I started counting and realized you are right, we only got 2 months left to go. I haven't even bought my bb cot and his stuff ah! I haven't even decided between C sect or natural (depending on my review with my eye doc next Tues).

Last night I was awoken by a tightening of my stomach and realized it might be Braxton Hicks...I better off my panic button and slowly start to prepare for bb birth. Somehow still feel not ready leh!

My gynae has informed me that he is fully booked on week 38 and wants me to hold till week 39. I am not sure if it is possible since bb is already quite heavy. Now I am in dilemma if I shd bring bb out earlier, ie week 37.

Hey girl pls let the bun stay in the oven longer if possible unless bb want to come out earlier. I think really benefits bb to stay full term till 40 weeks.

Salute you! I usually will drink red bean soup or indulge in ice cream when this happens...sigh.

Your reply jolted me leh, I thought I got 3 more months to go. I started counting and realized you are right, we only got 2 months left to go. I haven't even bought my bb cot and his stuff ah! I haven't even decided between C sect or natural (depending on my review with my eye doc next Tues).

Last night I was awoken by a tightening of my stomach and realized it might be Braxton Hicks...I better off my panic button and slowly start to prepare for bb birth. Somehow still feel not ready leh!

I basically get nothing prepared yet..
Cos majority things will be pass down from my sis and still some I need to buy but awaiting July cos buy too early also collect dust.
Most imptly stay positive even though inside me is kind of anxious about my 1st delivery in my entire life BUT I dont wish to affect my baby with my thoughts hence stay :) and look forward to see your baby!

Hi, does anyone have any reviews on Mdm Mariam for post natal massages? am still looking for one!
my friend recommended this "massage lady" who is working freelance... it's a chinese lady name Feng Lian @ 96402191.

Im not that sure how good she is but since my gf recommended im just gona use her. She just asked me to call her when i deliver so she knows that we can discuss again when she can come over my place. Her charges are $500 for 8sessions including a $20 belt.

did yr gynae comment anythg about the weight of bb? mine was 2kg at 31weeks (plus i have mild GD) and he just continued asking me t eat lesser...:confused:

im also planning to get a manduca! thinking of getting from this spree on motherhood: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/manduca-carriers-spree.15200/page-12

however, the Supermom on 22-24Aug is selling manduca but not sure how much yet! so maybe wait till then and see....

I basically get nothing prepared yet..
Cos majority things will be pass down from my sis and still some I need to buy but awaiting July cos buy too early also collect dust.
Most imptly stay positive even though inside me is kind of anxious about my 1st delivery in my entire life BUT I dont wish to affect my baby with my thoughts hence stay :) and look forward to see your baby!

It's my first too! That's why a bit uncertain but also exciting I guess :).

It's nice to have pass me downs so u save $ and energy in collating the items. I have been asking around but as most of my frens kids are much older so not much yet :p. Scouring GSS for good deals!

did yr gynae comment anythg about the weight of bb? mine was 2kg at 31weeks (plus i have mild GD) and he just continued asking me t eat lesser...:confused:

im also planning to get a manduca! thinking of getting from this spree on motherhood: http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/manduca-carriers-spree.15200/page-12

however, the Supermom on 22-24Aug is selling manduca but not sure how much yet! so maybe wait till then and see....

Is manduca good? I'm struggling between Ergo and baby bjorn.

I don't think I can wait till the fair in august so it's my EDD then, but actually can delay the purchase till after that.

@Seaturtle - I was initially sold on the idea of the baby Bjorn. But my friends and colleagues who are mummies disagreed. Most prefer manduca.

Ya I oso read that baby bjorn causes backache and I oredi got weak back oredi. Maybe I wait for the spree oso.

Btw today I went mums & babes at toh guan to try to use my voucher. I find the selection quite limited. If anyone gg do try their other outlets.

I used to have a baby bjorn for my first kid. It was not gd. I sold it off and got a manduca. Much much much better. So I'm a manduca fan now

Yeah after research my hubby said baby Bjorn structure is not good for baby bum area... Cos sitting on the groin area? So we concluded with ergo and manduca.. Both quite similar to me and I ended up thking of getting manduca cos no need to purposely get a infant insert...

Tot can ask hubby go to supermom fair get cos my EDD is 4 aug... For the first month I thk ill just carry bb without carrier.. So tot can buy later..

Last edited:
I've a manduca. bought when my boy ard 2+mths. by then his neck quite strong & also big size, didn't need to use the infant support.

btw, based on personal experience I think when bb still <3mths a sling carrier will be better coz bb neck still not strong, when 3-8 mths a soft structured carrier (e.g. manduca, ergo, becco, etc) will be good, then when >8mths a hip seat (e.g. hippychick, iangel, Sinbii, etc) will be good coz bb may prefer to face outwards, can sit well unsupported & easier to get down to walk. I switch btw the manduca & hip seat; manduca for travelling or long period of usage (~3hrs) & hip seat for shorter period of usage (~1hr).

juz dig out all my #1 old clothes today. so many turn old & yellowish liao (esp the white ones), need to throw & buy new ones. dunno to feel happy that can shop again anot. hahah. the bouncer & mattress also all mouldy liao, need to wash & sun. I've still got so many things not done! sigh....

Last edited:
Hihi, I don't think viability is only 5 years, that's a common myth. I saw in US on stem cells being used after 20 yrs of storing. The history of stem cells from cord blood only has a history of about over 2 decades even in US. Singapore started 13 years ago, 1st bank by Cordlife and they became the first bank to get some accreditation.
I read in some news that public banks discards cord blood if their criteria is not met. After all, it's meant for people who never had children or had a chance to store. I didn't want to take the risk of my child cord blood being thrown away or just discarded as I have read so much about the potential of these cells.
U can find out more about the transplants that have happened in Singapore and US. In the areas of using the baby own cord blood for own treatment. It is definitely safe, no chances of complications.
Why I store privately also is because if in the future, medical breakthroughs on stem cells, I have this original resource. My hubby thinks we may lose out if we decide not to part with that few hundred in baby bonus for this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Take Cordlife, they are committed to educating people with facts. And is a strong company (quality and financial) for longer term.
Everyone, just don't throw away this medical aid of your baby's...! ☺

Do try to Google on viability cos it's not true it cannot last past 5 years.
http://www.blog.viacord.com/cord-blood-storage-does-cord-blood-expire/
Am particularly passionate about this because I have a friend who had twins and one of the twin had some brain injury during birth. She didn't store cord blood. In this instance, only the baby's own blood is accepted for treatment. Because it doesn't pose a threat to her life when u use back her own cells. I wish for all parents to think again or speak to Cordlife to understand more. I signed with them for both cord blood and cord lining. It's affordable and that's the least bit I can do for my child.

Just went to see Gynae. Today 31 weeks baby is 1.78kg. Dr say slightly big and asked me to control diet esp sugar and carbo intake. Other than that everything is fine.

And oh! I saw stephanie sun and hubby at tmc! Think her 2nd one is also coming..

She has blonde hair and was initially wearing sunglasses. I looked at her complexion.. yes. .its as rumoured so I suspected is stephanie sun. Then she took off her sunglasses and so is confirm her. Haha

She has blonde hair and was initially wearing sunglasses. I looked at her complexion.. yes. .its as rumoured so I suspected is stephanie sun. Then she took off her sunglasses and so is confirm her. Haha

I read somewhere she said she won't be having second one so soon. Seems like actual plans otherwise lol.

Was she having a bump? Cos she is having concert in july 2014 @sports hub. Can she jump and dance in her heels??? Or maybe just routine chk up at tmc?

Back