SingaporeMotherhood | Family Fun
Jewel Changi Airport – Be the First in the World to See It!
Jewel Changi Airport (Jewel) opens its doors to the world on 17 April 2019. But you can be the first to visit and experience everything it has to offer at previews from 11-16 April.
You’ve seen pictures of its majestic Rain Vortex. You’ve watched its distinctive dome-shaped glass and steel façade coming up. And how about the fact that it boasts a lush Forest Valley right in its midst? Get ready to travel, for Jewel Changi Airport opens on 17 April 2019. But even before that, every Singapore resident is invited to visit from 11 April, before the rest of the world descends upon this urban paradise.
Jewel Changi Airport: Sneak Peek Details
Designed by Safdie Architects (led by world renowned architect Moshe Safdie) as well as architects from RSP Architects Planners and Engineers and Benoy, Jewel Changi Airport is described as a “multi-dimensional lifestyle destination”. Its concept of a park surrounded by shops is canny; this is probably the way to every visitor’s heart. We’re pretty sure that even the most tired transit traveller will feel rejuvenated at the sight of the lights! Shops! Greenery! Check out its preview video here first and see what we mean. And now for the deets…
• The previews of Jewel Changi Airport start from 11 April 2019.
• Entry is free, however you will need a ticket to enter.
• There will be about 500,000 tickets available.
• Register for tickets at jewelpreview.com from 12 March. Update: If you are a Changi Rewards member, or a Capitaland member, you can register already!
• Each person can register for up to four tickets.
• Each preview session run in three-hour blocks from 10am to 10pm daily (public preview starts at 1pm on 11 April).
What to See and Do at Jewel Changi Airport
It’s a new place so of course there’ll be lots of IG-fodder. But shutterbug or not, you’ll still have an experience of a lifetime. We’re looking forward to these:
• The four-storey Forest Valley with its two walking trails.
• The 40-metre Rain Vortex, the world’s tallest indoor waterfall.
• Airport shopping and dining, of course! More than 90 per cent of the 280 retail stores and eateries which surround The Central Park area will be ready during the preview.
These include the largest Nike store in Southeast Asia, Marks & Spencer, MUJI, ZARA, UNIQLO, Shaw Theatres with IMAX, an FairPrice Finest (with exclusive products and specially curated sections and event areas), and the first Pokemon centre in Singapore! Five Spice, a food court operated by Food Junction, will feature over 10 local brands including heritage hawkers Faai Di by Ka-Soh and Fu Lin Yong Tofu.
• And if you’ve been travelling up north to get your A&W fix, you won’t have to do so anymore. Yes, A&W is back in Singapore, right here at Jewel, with all your favourites – the Coney Dog, the Root Beer Float, and those curly fries. Oh yes.
• Of course there are the loveliest play areas for kids, and possibly the most comfortable airport nursing rooms.
• If you are a Changi Rewards and CapitaStar loyalty programmes member, you get more. Jewel will launch its Double Rewards programme from 11 April. This means you can earn both Changi Rewards points and STAR$® with each transaction at Jewel.
• That’s not all, folks. The Canopy Park and its attractions at the topmost level of Jewel, will open in mid-2019, so there’s more to look forward to. In the meantime, remember to get those fingers moving to ‘chope’ your preview tickets, from 12 March.
Jewel Changi Airport Previews
When: 11 – 16 April 2019
Cost: Free, with tickets
Register: at jewelpreview.com from 12 March 2010, 06:00am
How to get there:
By public transport: Apart from the Changi Airport MRT station, there are several bus services operating at T1, T2 and T3. T1 is seamlessly integrated with Jewel via the Level 1 Arrival Hall, while T2 and T3 are linked to Jewel via air-conditioned pedestrian linkways.
By car: The new T1/Jewel car park will be fully operational from 11 April. Please note that Basement 2M and 2 of the car park are meant for short-term parking, and the charges are 4 cents per minute for the first 90 minutes and $5 per 30-minute block thereafter.
Images: Jewel Changi Aiport Devt
All content from this article, including images, cannot be reproduced without credits or written permission from SingaporeMotherhood.