Zoo phonics playgroup anyone?

yoji

Just wondering if anyone join zoo phonics? What's your verdict and experience from it? There is no trial classes and one has to commit immediately. Please share your advice.

Hi jappooh,
I am looking at siglap branch right now. However, would also like to know how;s the program structured? like GUG or JG?

I know they do teach letters using letters with animals.

Hi I've been to zoophonics and am impressed with the teachers. They are very professional and well spoken, unlike alot of the run-of-the mill local chilcare centres, with caretakers rather than real teachers

Hi,

I have been to zoo phonics thomson and very impressed with their teaching. Anyone interested to form a new class together ? My girl is 2.5 years old.

Possible timing can be 1 pm or 430pm during weekday. Need 3 to 4 kids to start a new class.
Please email me at [email protected]

Cheers !

stakka,
I've emailed you. So sorry, only now then I realise you're talking about Thomson branch. Pls ignore my msg.

Anyone has feedback on Serangoon branch? Greatly appreciated.

Looking for zoo phonics shirt size 24 and shorts S size in good clean condition (no obvious stains/discoloration). Offering $10 incl. normal postage. thanks!

Hi, i'm an experienced pre-school teacher now SAHM. My kids are both 4 and 8 yrs old now. I started doing playgroup style cum phonics teaching with them when they were 2/3 yrs old. Both started reading elementary books and able to spell many words by age 3.

Many parents sent their kids to phonics at the age of 4 and some kids at age 5 still unable to spell or read well. In fact, once a week phonics class is not enuf. At least 2 times a week is more effective. Giving toddlers early exposure to phonics with effective material and fun lesson plan is beneficial. My girl loves reading and without tuition and the need to do assessment book, she's the top scorer for English in P1. Her strong English foundation will not be possible if i did not expose her to phonics at an early age. There are many phonics material sold in bookstores and internet but many are not interesting. The one i have is used by a popular playgroup and my 2 kids love it and listen to it many times which is impt for their learning process.

Thus, I'm thinking of starting a training course to mothers who wants to learn how to teach phonics YOURSELF effectively. It's oso good bonding time with your kids and with those who have more than 1 child, it's even better to do it together. U can bring yr kid along as long as they dun distract you. Lesson plan, CD and material will be included. I will teach hand actions on songs and rhymes as well as ideas on art and craft to make the whole teaching session meaningful.

Details as follows:-
- 6 to 8 week course
- 2 hours per SESSION, once a week
- Weekday morning except Thurs (pls state your preference)
- Time : 9.30 to 11.30 am (time can be adjusted)
- $50 per SESSION (including lesson plan and craft material)
- Phonics Book and CD to be purchase at $20/- per set.
This phonics course is basic phonics comprise of Consonants and Vowels. Suitable for children upto 4 yrs old.

If you are interested, pls email to me at [email protected].

All enquiries are welcome

Hi feifei,
Are u enrolling you child to the Beauty World branch?
Im also thinking of sending my 27mths boy there, wonder hows the teacher there.

Any comments anyone?

hi anyone's kids at jurong west branch?
I just signed up my boy with them starting this april however pondering if to transfer to beauty world branch, pls enlighten thankyou
happy.gif

+anyone can help,im also lookign for playgp n prenursery for my bi near and ard bt panjang area

Summer:
discount is given to the mum w kid whose aldy there.$50 discount for next sch fee.
Anyone kids w their weekday gp?
I had signed my boi for jw branch Sunday slot, thinking if to switch to wkday

Summer:
Ya she's like tt need ask in detail

Cribcot:
Haha I paid aldy wo though haven't start, just use one of the mum name who was there then:p
Ur kid wkday or wkend? Is it the same Cher for all days, any gd Cher to recommend?

Dear mummies.

Thanks $50 sound not bad a discount.Guess it just a one-off discount in fees right?

I intend to sign up my gal ma.

Hi all

My child was in K 2 in zoo phonics last year. Till now the has not given us the graduation photo, cd etc which we had paid. They promised after chinese new year now almost a month still no news. Any mummies have the same problem? I think The principal avoided my call no reply to my emails. Wondering if they are facing some problems....Can advise what to do? Any thread on this?

Back