Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Did my gynae checkup today at 37+ weeks. She did VE and told me I'm already 3cm dilated. What a surprise, considering I don't feel any pain yet! And the VE wasn't too painful...

Now just wait and see. I'm only to get admitted when my waters break or I get my contractions.

Hi Sky, Jia you. My first pregnancy also dilated and contraction at 36 week due to fever thou. I don't feel anything that time too. My water bag bust after a few days.

they will inject right into your spine or something like that right?
Like Spinsterella, I didn't even know that the epidural has been injected in. I was braving myself for a painful injection coz a few gfs who felt a lot of pain when epidural was injected warned me. However I didn't feel any pain at all then when I asked my gynae later, he told me that any pain at the moment of injection or subsequent backache are partly to do with the anaesthetist's skill and so count my blessings. That said, it is very important to follow the anaesthetist's instructions

Agree with you, tts why i showhand 7. But HH's original intention was for me to thaw 4 first and leave the 3 for the next cycle (if any). Coz with the current technology, most of the embryos should survive the thaw. And an average of 50% should grow to D5. He wanted me to transfer only 1, so transferring 4 should be good enough. You know la, it's always a dilemma to transfer 1 or 2. I always insisted on 2 to maximize the chance. But with 2 children, i can't decide if i want to continue to try 2. Will hijack HH and ask again before he goes away next week.
Normally if have live birth. The chance for successful FET will be higher. That y HH will ask u to transfer 1only

Normally if have live birth. The chance for successful FET will be higher. That y HH will ask u to transfer 1only
Actually FET has never been part of my equation. That's why i am skeptical. Wanted to do fresh instead of FET, but HH said give the 7 a chance. No choice. :(

Like Spinsterella, I didn't even know that the epidural has been injected in. I was braving myself for a painful injection coz a few gfs who felt a lot of pain when epidural was injected warned me. However I didn't feel any pain at all then when I asked my gynae later, he told me that any pain at the moment of injection or subsequent backache are partly to do with the anaesthetist's skill and so count my blessings. That said, it is very important to follow the anaesthetist's instructions
Ya, epidural is pure bliss..for my recent labour, I was abit pissed off with the anaesthetist cos she was busy talking to the nurse while administering and for some reasons, it wasn't done properly and she had to do it again for me. I hate the first instance when the needle pierced into the spine..after that can rest & relax !

Tks for sharing the info for epidural. Just like some of us, I am very against to epidural due hearsay of the backache there after and doubts on the anaesthetist skills. I asked Dr THH for GA for my planned c-sec (although I still very much hope that I can deliver naturally for my pair of twins), he says I will be asked if I still want epidural and it's up to my choice. Does anyone has the same experience?

Just dropping a note to say that my baby girl has arrived just past Tuesday at 38+1 weeks. My water bag burst on its own and labored for about 9.5 hours before delivering via natural-vacuum assisted delivery. Today got discharged and back home, but gotta bring bb back for jaundice check tomorrow.

I opted for epidural as the contractions became unbearable after they started synthocin for me (my contractions were irregular with very low intensity after waters broke). The anesthetist skill is very important - apart from the local anesthetic and initial insertion which felt like a sting, it was relatively painless, and yes it's bliss after that.

Just dropping a note to say that my baby girl has arrived just past Tuesday at 38+1 weeks. My water bag burst on its own and labored for about 9.5 hours before delivering via natural-vacuum assisted delivery. Today got discharged and back home, but gotta bring bb back for jaundice check tomorrow.

I opted for epidural as the contractions became unbearable after they started synthocin for me (my contractions were irregular with very low intensity after waters broke). The anesthetist skill is very important - apart from the local anesthetic and initial insertion which felt like a sting, it was relatively painless, and yes it's bliss after that.

Congrats mummy!! Enjoy this special time with your bundle of joy!

Just dropping a note to say that my baby girl has arrived just past Tuesday at 38+1 weeks. My water bag burst on its own and labored for about 9.5 hours before delivering via natural-vacuum assisted delivery. Today got discharged and back home, but gotta bring bb back for jaundice check tomorrow

Congratulations on the arrival of your princess ....:)

C

Congrats skyangel! Come and join us in FB!

Hi guys, I am new here. my due date is mid of next month. Went for check up last week, doctor said my princess head hasn't turn down yet.
What should I do?

Hi guys, I am new here. my due date is mid of next month. Went for check up last week, doctor said my princess head hasn't turn down yet.
What should I do?

Can try doing pelvic tilts, or going on hands and knees then bend down such that butt is pointing up and belly is close to floor (similar to child's pose in yoga but with knees bent at 90 degrees angle). If you are already practicing yoga, you can try forward-leaning inversion. But no guarantee bb will definitely turn, and if you have pre-existing medical condition such as high blood pressure or placental issues these cannot be done.

Can try doing pelvic tilts, or going on hands and knees then bend down such that butt is pointing up and belly is close to floor (similar to child's pose in yoga but with knees bent at 90 degrees angle). If you are already practicing yoga, you can try forward-leaning inversion. But no guarantee bb will definitely turn, and if you have pre-existing medical condition such as high blood pressure or placental issues these cannot be done.

Thanks for your advice. Currently I do knee chest position daily. hopefully next fri check up have good news.

Sorry if TMI but need your advice if this is normal.

My first AF came a couple of months ago and then 2 weeks after that another AF came.
After that, my AF disappeared until like 6 weeks later.
Then now 2 weeks after my AF finish, I got another AF with super heavy bleeding. I've never had such a heavy period. Is it normal?

My first AF came a couple of months ago and then 2 weeks after that another AF came.
Then now 2 weeks after my AF finish, I got another AF with super heavy bleeding. I've never had such a heavy period. Is it normal?

Am not too sure but could it be shredding of lining or hormone imbalance? Better to check with gynae.

Hmmm...usually any strange thing that happens after childbirth is associated with hormonal cos the body needs time to normalize the system. Maybe you want to monitor again? Otherwise, good to seek medical advice

I experienced something similar. Are you breastfeeding? I had AF every 2 weeks for 4 consecutive AF. Then it stopped for 3 months. And then it started when baby was 6mo. Now seems like more regular. Dunno if it's normal but it didn't cause any physical discomfort so I didn't see Dr.

Tks for sharing the info for epidural. Just like some of us, I am very against to epidural due hearsay of the backache there after and doubts on the anaesthetist skills. I asked Dr THH for GA for my planned c-sec (although I still very much hope that I can deliver naturally for my pair of twins), he says I will be asked if I still want epidural and it's up to my choice. Does anyone has the same experience?
~Ya, whether you want the epidural, it's up to you..seriously, the contraction is damn traumatically painful and it's not worth to suffer the pain when there is a solution. I had 2 natural with epidural and to date, so far so good - I don't regret my decision. In fact, for the more recent natural, I requested for epidural even before I felt pain (I was 3cm dilated) and it was a breeze :)

~Ya, whether you want the epidural, it's up to you..seriously, the contraction is damn traumatically painful and it's not worth to suffer the pain when there is a solution. I had 2 natural with epidural and to date, so far so good - I don't regret my decision. In fact, for the more recent natural, I requested for epidural even before I felt pain (I was 3cm dilated) and it was a breeze :)
Hi towkayneo & everyone, thks for all yr advice!! I had unexpectedly gave birth on 5th Nov with twin 1 natural and twin 2 c-sac with GA. My waterbag burst at 3am. By the time i reach kkh, my cervix is 3 cm opened. I was urgently given 1 steriod jab to strengthen my bbs lungs. The doc initially wanted to prolong at least 12 hrs or even stop my contractions however by 7.45am, my cervix fully dilated. I am 32 wks only. Too bad Dr THH is away. Now both my bbs r in nicu and I m at home now. It really hurts to be able to see but not be able to carry my premmies...

Hi towkayneo & everyone, thks for all yr advice!! I had unexpectedly gave birth on 5th Nov with twin 1 natural and twin 2 c-sac with GA. My waterbag burst at 3am. By the time i reach kkh, my cervix is 3 cm opened. I was urgently given 1 steriod jab to strengthen my bbs lungs. The doc initially wanted to prolong at least 12 hrs or even stop my contractions however by 7.45am, my cervix fully dilated. I am 32 wks only. Too bad Dr THH is away. Now both my bbs r in nicu and I m at home now. It really hurts to be able to see but not be able to carry my premmies...

Hugs premmies babies are fighter n once given enough milk they will fatten up. Rest well and before you know it babies will come home soon.

Don't feel sad. Now rest & eat well during confinement. Provide milk for your babies. The best food in the world for them. They are fighter

Now both my bbs r in nicu and I m at home now. It really hurts to be able to see but not be able to carry my premmies...

Jiayou mummy n stay strong for ur babies....preemies r warriors !

As Bunny33 mentioned ...they do grow up fast (somehow they know they have catching up to do) ...mine is a late preemie(35ww+5)... he is a pui pui and active 6.5 month boy now tt most can't tell he is only 2.3kg at birth. ..

Jiayou mummy n stay strong for ur babies....preemies r warriors !

As Bunny33 mentioned ...they do grow up fast (somehow they know they have catching up to do) ...mine is a late preemie(35ww+5)... he is a pui pui and active 6.5 month boy now tt most can't tell he is only 2.3kg at birth. ..

Mine too born at 35 + weeks at 2kg & 2.2kg but now my elder is overweight. They really do catch-up

Mine too born at 35 + weeks at 2kg & 2.2kg but now my elder is overweight. They really do catch-up

Ah...ur bubs r about 5 month plus now bah?

Yah they really do catch up fast n furious ...mine almost same as ur elder bub (over weight) n as d older he get ,he become more "hong sim" during feeding time he slow den...

Should be weaning soon I think ur bubs?

Ah...ur bubs r about 5 month plus now bah?

Yah they really do catch up fast n furious ...mine almost same as ur elder bub (over weight) n as d older he get ,he become more "hong sim" during feeding time he slow den...

Should be weaning soon I think ur bubs?

Yes 5 months plus. Mine too easily distracted but he still love milk. I will start solid food for him once he recover. He is having cough now.

Yes 5 months plus. Mine too easily distracted but he still love milk. I will start solid food for him once he recover. He is having cough now.

Time flies ...most of us think should b weaning soon or long wean....

Weaning is fun yet messy affair...i hv to switch cartoon so tt mine can diam diam sit n let me try feeding him...n till now I think he just doing food tasting...usually after feeding still have to top up w his usual drinking milk....

Hope your bub speedy recovery ..!

Time flies ...most of us think should b weaning soon or long wean....

Weaning is fun yet messy affair...i hv to switch cartoon so tt mine can diam diam sit n let me try feeding him...n till now I think he just doing food tasting...usually after feeding still have to top up w his usual drinking milk....

Hope your bub speedy recovery ..!

Thanks! Hope they enjoy solid haha

I started mine with solid already! We started with carrot and then pear yesterday. Today will try apple or pumpkin.
So far my son seems to love eating. He kept saying drink. I have to tell him this is not drink.. this is mam mam. But he will take a few spoonfuls and then don't want already. It's normal right?

I started mine with solid already! We started with carrot and then pear yesterday. Today will try apple or pumpkin.
So far my son seems to love eating. He kept saying drink. I have to tell him this is not drink.. this is mam mam. But he will take a few spoonfuls and then don't want already. It's normal right?
You have justed started? For the initial 1 month when you start on it, bub will prob be "food tasting" only. Once he gets used to solids, he will be able to take a bowl full or porridge. Your boy should be abt 7+ months right? I started replacing his breakfast and lunch with cereals and porridge already.

initially, starting the baby with solid food is so fun with from mashed avocado to pureed broccoli cos it's ok if the baby doesn't really finish the portion. Fast forward to 1-2 years old, I tell you, feeding the baby (no, toddler) is a big headache especially if he or she is "kum chek" - on good days, that bowl of rice/porridge will be finished within 20 minutes with praises of "good boy / good job/well done", on bad days, ho ho ho, it's all about screaming and threatening and that bowl of rice/porridge is still there after 30 - 45 min.

I hope that #2 is not kum chek.

Fast forward to 1-2 years old, I tell you, feeding the baby (no, toddler) is a big headache especially if he or she is "kum chek" - on good days, that bowl of rice/porridge will be finished within 20 minutes with praises of "good boy / good job/well done", on bad days, ho ho ho, it's all about screaming and threatening and that bowl of rice/porridge is still there after 30 - 45 min.I hope that #2 is not kum chek.
My #2 is like that :mad:. But watching that full-of-expressions and -emotions face is just so hilarious. I'll just sit there, watching him whine and cry. What a bad mummy. Lol

initially, starting the baby with solid food is so fun with from mashed avocado to pureed broccoli cos it's ok if the baby doesn't really finish the portion. Fast forward to 1-2 years old, I tell you, feeding the baby (no, toddler) is a big headache especially if he or she is "kum chek" - on good days, that bowl of rice/porridge will be finished within 20 minutes with praises of "good boy / good job/well done", on bad days, ho ho ho, it's all about screaming and threatening and that bowl of rice/porridge is still there after 30 - 45 min.

I hope that #2 is not kum chek.
I can imagine haha. Not easy feeding baby n need lots of patience to spoon feed slowly. I hope mine continue to be big eater haha

For the initial 1 month when you start on it, bub will prob be "food tasting" only. Once he gets used to solids, he will be able to take a bowl full or porridge..

Oh boy shiro_ger mummy u hit it right on the nail about initial 1 month just food tasting!

I spent most of feeding time to wiping his mouth n hands n leg more den he really eat lor...most of the time is just stick out his tongue n taste a bit den push out the remaining...*argh**

Oh boy shiro_ger mummy u hit it right on the nail about initial 1 month just food tasting!

I spent most of feeding time to wiping his mouth n hands n leg more den he really eat lor...most of the time is just stick out his tongue n taste a bit den push out the remaining...*argh**
Ya... 90% of the food will end up everywhere except into the mouth. Can be very pekchek. Lol

I can imagine haha. Not easy feeding baby n need lots of patience to spoon feed slowly. I hope mine continue to be big eater haha
Then will save a lot of time. My neighbor's 4 year old girl takes about 1 hour plus to finish her meals - her ah ma is always screaming at her Lo.

Hi all... i will be delivering very soon...but have not been brief on the estimated bill size. Can someone pls share with me the bill size for twins delivery under dr tan hh with elective or emergency csect under A ward. thanks all for your input!

Hi all... i will be delivering very soon...but have not been brief on the estimated bill size. Can someone pls share with me the bill size for twins delivery under dr tan hh with elective or emergency csect under A ward. thanks all for your input!
There will be financial counselling when you hand the Admission Letter to the Admission Office at KKH. They will go through line by line with you..

Good luck!

Back