Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

It is not painful now, but my tooth is sensitive. Can feel it when I eat.

My dentist did not mention X Ray leh. Will rem to ask my gynea next week! My dentist said local anesthetic is okay. She has recently done wisdom tooth removal surgery for a 1 mth pregnant lady. But after the surgery, only panadol as painkillers

I supposed what you can do now is to step up oral hygiene and maybe do salt gargle. Wait for gynae's advice
Help ladies. I seen my go doc for flu n cough. Now after medication finished, I still coughing usually at night. Very dry cough. Any natural way to cure or ease my cough.

U can consider double boil brown pear with 南杏北杏. Have it for 3 consecutive days.

If don't do X Ray, how they know the position of the affected area? Better check carefully before you proceed.
https://www.singhealth.com.sg/PatientCare/ConditionsAndTreatments/Pages/Wisdom-Teeth-Impacted.aspx

Dental xrays are safe during pregnancy and so is local anaesthesia. I had the same issue and concerns when I had number one so I did a lot of research and asked gynaes, radiologists... It's safe for pregnancy. The only thing is they recommend u to do during tri 2 because lying on your back for tri 3 is uncomfortable. I had to do root canal then and saw the dentist three times for it.

Ya TSB upgrade u to her small note book n personal HP nos. I stopped going to her after my 1st born. Keep asking me for photo. Before expecting my nos.2, she ask for my 1st child photo again. Nag at me. This time round no so friendly lo.
do you feel got any difference btw the 1st and this child now? with her medicine? since is suppose to be "an tai"

I think because some facial involved massage from face to neck area or even shoulders and never know if they will press on points that affect the uterus. Like there is a acupoint on each of our shoulders which tcm believe when pressed down will 动胎气, so esp first trimester we should avoid being pressed or tapped on the shoulders. However I think eyebrow or facial hair threading is fine in 2nd tri? For 3rd tri, more concern if the sudden pricking pain may trigger contractions? Also 3rd tri not so ideal for us to lie on our back flat for long periods of time.

sinseh said now 2nd trimester can do facial, but no massage and ccan apply stretch mark cream. But get those no smell/medicated one. She said no "fong you" on tummy.

Dental xrays are safe during pregnancy and so is local anaesthesia. I had the same issue and concerns when I had number one so I did a lot of research and asked gynaes, radiologists... It's safe for pregnancy. The only thing is they recommend u to do during tri 2 because lying on your back for tri 3 is uncomfortable. I had to do root canal then and saw the dentist three times for it.

Thanks!! But i am still in first trimester and my tooth is starting to hurt again..sob sob

Trying to bring fwd my appointment with gynea to next Monday but KKH appointment phoneline is busy n i hv to wait for them to call me

Thanks!! But i am still in first trimester and my tooth is starting to hurt again..sob sob

Trying to bring fwd my appointment with gynea to next Monday but KKH appointment phoneline is busy n i hv to wait for them to call me
my girl friend got extract without any anaesthesia lei during pregnancy lei.. she really very brave lor.. she said is worst than delivery/worst than engorgement!

Hello ladies

I visited dentist today and she said my wisdom tooth is badly decayed and need to extract it out. However, she will not do the procedure till after my gynea gives the go-ahead n advise on the medications i can use :(

So xian leh...this must happen now

Better get it fix soon because it may affected the tooth next to it - happened to me before pregnancy.

Found a link on dental care during pregnancy.
http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/dental-care-pregnancy?page=1

my girl friend got extract without any anaesthesia lei during pregnancy lei.. she really very brave lor.. she said is worst than delivery/worst than engorgement!

Wow!! She is so brave. I hv low pain threshold. I will be v stressed up if i hv to do extraction with no pain relief.. My stress also not good for the baby.

I will go ahead n do the procedure once gynea says okay

Oh tri 1 is fine then. Yes better to get it sorted asap... our teeth and gums need extra care during pregnancy and so try to be diligent with flossing and mouthwash too... I learnt mine the hard way... no fun lot :(

do you feel got any difference btw the 1st and this child now? with her medicine? since is suppose to be "an tai"
Actually both Pregnancy gave the same med. current can't stomach on her med. so I stop going at early stage. 1st one I took until I almost delivery. Experience twice spotting lo. This time touch wood don't have heehee

Actually both Pregnancy gave the same med. current can't stomach on her med. so I stop going at early stage. 1st one I took until I almost delivery. Experience twice spotting lo. This time touch wood don't have heehee

oic.. for me, I was bleeding from week 5 onwards, then I told her, initial she no reaction. then I told her again when 2 weeks later, she increase the powder dosage. But I still got bleeding almost every few days till week 8. I went to get support jab also almost every week too.
so to me, her medicine is just extra la. play safe. since I don't have comparison

oic.. for me, I was bleeding from week 5 onwards, then I told her, initial she no reaction. then I told her again when 2 weeks later, she increase the powder dosage. But I still got bleeding almost every few days till week 8. I went to get support jab also almost every week too.
so to me, her medicine is just extra la. play safe. since I don't have comparison
I stopped taking her med cos I was admitted to hospital total bed rest lo. Can't boil her med at hospital heehee. Also don't want to crash with dr's med.

Ask the cl to come only when bb come out. I don't really believe in confinement. As long as eat healthily and rest well body will get back in shape. If really worse come to worse order confinement food

Hihi, I just called confinement angels.
She is charging me for 28 days stay in $2950 +1050(twin surcharge) = $4000
plus mom permit $30, plus levy $60x2 =$120
She mentioned deposit is $1600 deposit + 1050 twin surcharge + 30 = $2680
deposit so much one?

Hihi, I just called confinement angels.
She is charging me for 28 days stay in $2950 +1050(twin surcharge) = $4000
plus mom permit $30, plus levy $60x2 =$120
She mentioned deposit is $1600 deposit + 1050 twin surcharge + 30 = $2680
deposit so much one?

I think I paid half deposit too. I booked before cny so got discount. Oh n take note all these cost still have not add in GST.

Hi everyone

I am currently abt 6 weeks pregnant after my first successful IVF in January. This is my first pregnancy and I am 38+ years old.

I hope to share this 9mth journey with you all, and to share views and tips! Feels kinda lonely as none of my close girlfriends are pregnant or planning to be. Most of their children are already in Pri school. :((
Hello.. I'm 38 this year too. Birthday just over. Yes all my friends' children are already in primary school. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I hope it's going to be successful for this one. I had to terminate my first pregnancy because of bb's health. 2nd pregnancy was through ivf and ended up in ectopic case. Now, this is the a gift from the god. I'm currently consider 14 weeks. Hope everything is fine, baby grow healthy, strong and normal!

Suppose to have my 2nd ivf in Jan but I missed my menses in Jan. so this one is really god gift. Do you have any morning sickness ?

Anyone know the market rate for confinement lady for twins? I read recently in the forum it was around $4000.
But the one my fren recommended quoted me $4800, when I sounded shocked cos i was expecting $4000, she reduced to $4500.
She said cos i have no live in help (maid or MIL) she has to do everything alone.

TIA

Anyone know the market rate for confinement lady for twins? I read recently in the forum it was around $4000.
But the one my fren recommended quoted me $4800, when I sounded shocked cos i was expecting $4000, she reduced to $4500.
She said cos i have no live in help (maid or MIL) she has to do everything alone.

TIA
Agency is 4000 lor. if those referral kind, i dont know. but i once asked a cl recomended by my friend. she anyhow carrot me. she said her price x2! so is 5000! then i replied, how can it be possible. then she reduce to 4.8k! but i still find ridiculous. i rather get frm agency then. at least i can change if i dun like the cl.

TIA

Should be around 4k but indeed is hard for cl to cope with two babies and cook n wash for you at the same time. Most impt is she must have confident to handle twins. I hire a helper to help on cleaning the house washing etc and cl concentrate on taking care of both babies and me.

Should be around 4k but indeed is hard for cl to cope with two babies and cook n wash for you at the same time. Most impt is she must have confident to handle twins. I hire a helper to help on cleaning the house washing etc and cl concentrate on taking care of both babies and me.

yep she later clarified that I have no helper, though i did inform her my mum will come in 3 to 4 times a day during day time to help.
I was thinking of getting a helper a few months before i go back to work next year when Im more capable of training and managing helper 'stress' haha
yep i understand its not easy. will try to get a few more referral to get some quotes.
I do not want to go to agency as yet until I have no choice as I aso do not want to deal with CL 'stress' ;)

TIA

Should be around 4k+ coz I called my SIL contact previously, market rate for singleton is 2.8k and twins they charge additional of x1.5 times. But I went ahead with another CL which my fren used before and before me she's taking care of another pair of twins and she gave me discount and settled on 3.8k for 28 days. I've also gotten a helper to help out. Now I pray hard that the helper is good else will have another set of headache!

Should be around 4k+ coz I called my SIL contact previously, market rate for singleton is 2.8k and twins they charge additional of x1.5 times. But I went ahead with another CL which my fren used before and before me she's taking care of another pair of twins and she gave me discount and settled on 3.8k for 28 days. I've also gotten a helper to help out. Now I pray hard that the helper is good else will have another set of headache!

I think its less than 4k cos you have helper. At least CL is word of mouth (tried and tested) so its peace of mind. I think helper wnt give you much problem since have CL to share the workload. Actually its a good idea to get a helper so she can learn some cooking and taking care of the bb from the CL.
You got your helper from which agency? may I know whats the upfront costs involved?

Thanks

I think its less than 4k cos you have helper. At least CL is word of mouth (tried and tested) so its peace of mind. I think helper wnt give you much problem since have CL to share the workload. Actually its a good idea to get a helper so she can learn some cooking and taking care of the bb from the CL.
You got your helper from which agency? may I know whats the upfront costs involved?

Thanks

Hmm no leh, coz when I contacted her I didn’t tell her I’ll be getting a helper. She didn’t ask me either or maybe she was assuming! Haha…well, even if it’s word of mouth, what suits others might not suit me also. Just have to manage my expectations, close 1.5 eyes and don’t micro-manage. If you’re really thinking of getting a helper can start sourcing around especially if you’re not getting transferred ones and from the Philippines as their govt regulations quite tight now. Takes 6 to 8 weeks to approve. And getting one that meets your requirements and pleasant in your eyes is tough too! So need to work backwards your timing on when you want her to come in. Besides, there’re helpers hear twins or newborn babies they run far away. They don’t want to take up the job! Anyway I will PM you the agency name and costs.

Thanks

That's what I did. I get helper in earlier so she can help clean up the house n wash bb clothes etc. Then cl here she can learn from her. A pair of extra hands is akways good.

That's what I did. I get helper in earlier so she can help clean up the house n wash bb clothes etc. Then cl here she can learn from her. A pair of extra hands is akways good.

Hi,

So your helper know that she will have to take care of bb after the CL leaves right?
Did you teach her to cook as well? cos i dun cook, not qualified to teach her. I mostly eat out or my MIL will cook.

Thanks

Hi,

So your helper know that she will have to take care of bb after the CL leaves right?
Did you teach her to cook as well? cos i dun cook, not qualified to teach her. I mostly eat out or my MIL will cook.

Thanks

Yes when interview her i told her its twins and ask how confident is she in handling both babies. She said she took care of bb before but not twins but willing to try. At least she is honest in telling me this. I also explained to her that I will employ a cl and she can learn from her. Also when I go back to work she will need to travel to my mum house n help look after bb. She is ok with the arrangement. As for cooking she only know how to cook Filipino food but willing to learn. I will ask my mum to teach her. Cooking to me is not impt cos i always eat out. Most impt is when bb start to eat solid food she knows how to cook simple meal.

hi everyone :), Im currently 9 weeks pregnant. I need an advise for a recommended gynae in TCM.
Is Dr caroline Khi recommended gynae in TCM.

Hi, I'm seeing Dr Jocelyn Wong from ACJ Women's Clinic who shares the same clinic with Dr Caroline Thi at TMC. She looks friendly though I'm not her patient

Hi, I've conceived successfully thru IVF on Dec and I'm now in 13th weeks. I was supposed to have twins but one of the fetal no heart beat during 9th week scan. Prof P C Wong (NUH) said that the sac will slowly be absorbed or vanished by itself and will not affect the other baby. Anyone has similar encounter as me?

My last scan on 12th week still see the sac

Hi Tashi, thank you for the comments. I called TMC regarding about Dr Jocelyn Wong but they say that Dr Jocelyn Wong slot was full for
those who delivery in Oct :(

When your gf was under Dr caroline Khi ? Izzit last year. Could you help me to find out hw much is the consultation fee ?
Because I called TMC after they say Dr Jocelyn the slot is full. They tell me that Dr Caroline Khi is available.
lst consultation fee is $198 subsequently is $88.. Is the she very patient. Did she encourage your gf for normal delivery.

Just as the appetite is picking up, my son has to insist that I feed him salmon with rice for dinner yesterday :( The smell and sight of the salmon is still etched in my mind, making my appetite dip again :(

Hi Ladies, i just seen Dr on week 13! I have just finished the dydrogestrone yesterday & doctor prescribe me utrogestan for another 8 week... hmm...

Hi Ladies, i just seen Dr on week 13! I have just finished the dydrogestrone yesterday & doctor prescribe me utrogestan for another 8 week... hmm...

Don't worry babe. My doc also prescribe me with 8 weeks of ustrogen after I cross 13 weeks. And just as I thought I'm done eating it last week, he prescribe me with another 8 weeks of it! It's to prevent contractions. So I just take it. It's harmless anyway

Back