Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

I more kaishi type. My 1st born. Last scan big head n low water level. On that day of dr review immediately admitted to delivery.

My cousin one scan 1round of cord on her baby's neck. Go for csect come out is 2round. Lucky go for c sect.

You mean during the scan they can check the amniotic fluid is it? Will they specifically check for it or they can know just by looking at the ultrasound?

Woah the cord is very scary one. I kept asking my Dr abt it cos I'm scared after hearing horror stories. My IVF Dr said she ever had a case where the baby had the cord 7 times ard the neck. I almost fainted when I heard that.

Bahaha.. I hope I won't beat up my husband!
I heard some women will scream to the husband and say.. dont ever touch me again. Lol.

Yah.. ppl tell me that after all that, once you hold the baby in your arms, you'll forget all that pain.
Won't one la, you won't even have the strength and mood to even shout at your hubby!

Nature works; the moment the baby is out, the pain is gone too.

You mean during the scan they can check the amniotic fluid is it? Will they specifically check for it or they can know just by looking at the ultrasound?

Woah the cord is very scary one. I kept asking my Dr abt it cos I'm scared after hearing horror stories. My IVF Dr said she ever had a case where the baby had the cord 7 times ard the neck. I almost fainted when I heard that.
7 times is very scary!! so is the baby still around?
Think amniotic fluid can be easily checked...
I have a good friend who just gave birth to a pair of identical twins. They were found to have their cords tied in knots. Quite risky but luckily they made it.

7 times is very scary!! so is the baby still around?
Think amniotic fluid can be easily checked...
I have a good friend who just gave birth to a pair of identical twins. They were found to have their cords tied in knots. Quite risky but luckily they made it.

Yup, the baby survived it. My Dr was smiling when she was telling the story and she said normally the baby is fine so shouldn't worry.

Ooh nooo.. in knows. Scary ah.

Yup, the baby survived it. My Dr was smiling when she was telling the story and she said normally the baby is fine so shouldn't worry.

I am super paranoid about such things cos there is no way you know if the cord is around the neck :( got to constantly do the kick count.

By the way, have you chosen a name for your boy?
Just curious, how do you choose names for your kid, is it from the father or the elderly family members?
For us, Chinese, usually we go through fengshui masters.

By the way, have you chosen a name for your boy?
Just curious, how do you choose names for your kid, is it from the father or the elderly family members?
For us, Chinese, usually we go through fengshui masters.

Haven't chosen a name. My husband has a different preferred name and I have a different preferred name but ultimately, he wants to give a list to his parents and let his parents choose. Normally it's the father who has the right to name, unless he ask somebody else to do it.

Haven't chosen a name. My husband has a different preferred name and I have a different preferred name but ultimately, he wants to give a list to his parents and let his parents choose. Normally it's the father who has the right to name, unless he ask somebody else to do it.
No way... I not so nice... haha!

Our babies, we name. My FIL tried to tell us to have the baby's name start with a certain alphabet for his own personal reasons. We just kept quiet and named our baby according to what we wanted. But Chinese middle name I give face la... cos they got some 家谱they've been following through the generations or something like that.

I am super paranoid about such things cos there is no way you know if the cord is around the neck :( got to constantly do the kick count.
I am also very paranoid about such thing. However my gynae didn't ask me to do the kick count. Any idea how many kicks should there be Pls? I am in 33 week. Thanks.

For me is during my last ultrasound scan ard 38wks, dr review level low. Admit straight to delivery. Connect to the ecg machine until I delivered.

Hi everyone

I am currently abt 6 weeks pregnant after my first successful IVF in January. This is my first pregnancy and I am 38+ years old.

I hope to share this 9mth journey with you all, and to share views and tips! Feels kinda lonely as none of my close girlfriends are pregnant or planning to be. Most of their children are already in Pri school. :((

Hi everyone

I am currently abt 6 weeks pregnant after my first successful IVF in January. This is my first pregnancy and I am 38+ years old.

I hope to share this 9mth journey with you all, and to share views and tips! Feels kinda lonely as none of my close girlfriends are pregnant or planning to be. Most of their children are already in Pri school. :((
Hello Xiaoxiaobb! Congrats and welcome!!
My first pregnancy too and I just turned 39yo, currently going to 15weeks. I found out at 11 weeks that I'm having a princess via my Harmony test result. You won't have to feel alone here :) Take very good care and enjoy your preggy journey!

Thanks Dawn!! Really glad to find someone who is abt my age n first pregnancy too.

Am feeling down cos feeling very unwell due to various symptoms and also worried about the future. I just hope this feeling is temporary cos of the hormones.

Hello everyone I want to do IVF, for the first time, what can you teach me how to do it need? I want the government hospital, my husband Singaporeans, I am PR

Hello everyone I want to do IVF, for the first time, what can you teach me how to do it need? I want the government hospital, my husband Singaporeans, I am PR

You may want to go to the board under 'Matters of the Heart' >> ICSI/IVF Support Group

They are potential mommies who are undergoing IVF currently and they can give you more updated information. Hope to see you here in due course after a successful round. Good luck! :)

Thanks Dawn!! Really glad to find someone who is abt my age n first pregnancy too.

Am feeling down cos feeling very unwell due to various symptoms and also worried about the future. I just hope this feeling is temporary cos of the hormones.
Most likely the hormones! The symptoms can be hard to bear but take heart that it means you have a good level of hormones to support your pregnancy. Hang in there amd be hopeful that you will feel better when you reach 2nd tri.
Why do you worry about the future. Think about it when you look back one day, you wouldn't want to feel regret that you have not embraced the opportunity to enjoy the pregnancy journey which for us ivf-ers, it has not been easily achieved. Better focus on what you can do to ensure a healthy pregnancy - your health & bb's health matters most. Jia you! :)

Your hubby & you both very nice to the elderly. My hubby say, our bb, we decide ourselve, no need to consult anyone and also hear any other ppl opinion. So when ppl ask us, we usually say very busy so have not think about it. But behind the scene have already decided the name liao. By the time we tell anyone, it is already on the birth certificate. ha ha.

Hi everyone

Don't feel this way. I had my number 1 when I was 38
Now with number 2 at 44 ....

Enjoy the pregnancy !

Hi Dawn

I worry because i realised there will be huge changes to my life, how will i be a good mum, and how to cope with work n parenthood etc

I guess being first time pregnant, also feeling v lost and overwhelmed on what to prepare and all the how to do this and that.

But of cos, i try to be positive and do what is necessary to make sure baby will be healthy. I just cant say that i am enjoying the pregnancy right now

Your hubby & you both very nice to the elderly. My hubby say, our bb, we decide ourselve, no need to consult anyone and also hear any other ppl opinion. So when ppl ask us, we usually say very busy so have not think about it. But behind the scene have already decided the name liao. By the time we tell anyone, it is already on the birth certificate. ha ha.
Ya lo, I have lotsa of Indian Chiefs around me who "suggest" what names are good and bad. I bo chup. Ya lo, baby is yours, just don't care what others say..

Hi Dawn

I worry because i realised there will be huge changes to my life, how will i be a good mum, and how to cope with work n parenthood etc

I guess being first time pregnant, also feeling v lost and overwhelmed on what to prepare and all the how to do this and that.

But of cos, i try to be positive and do what is necessary to make sure baby will be healthy. I just cant say that i am enjoying the pregnancy right now
No end to worries, seriously.

Hi everyone

Hi congrats!! It's a blessing to be able to conceive on 1st IVF attempt. Enjoy the journey. I am also your age too. Let's support & learn from each other.

Hi ladies, anyone who had done FET here?

Could I check if you did HPT?
I know for fresh it is not recommeded as you still have HCG residue from the injections so it will not be accurate but how about FET?

For those ladies who did, which day you tested? Thank you!

Bunny. Got strict dietary to follow hence is fine right? ? We going detailed on 30 March. Glucose test is which week to do? And yar, tough journey and waiting.. did so - iui. Similar to icf too

Hi ladies, anyone who had done FET here?

Could I check if you did HPT?
I know for fresh it is not recommeded as you still have HCG residue from the injections so it will not be accurate but how about FET?

For those ladies who did, which day you tested? Thank you!
I did FET and had day 5 blastocysts transferred. Did hpt on 11dp5dt which was a day before my scheduled BT.

Hi Dawn

I do also wonder on the same things as being first time pregnant, somethings are really hard to imagine what to expect. Excited yet scared at the same time but I am thankful for each day that passes without any complications and for each milestone we cross towards a healthy pregnancy. If you have an experienced family member like your mum or sis etc who you can rely on for help or advice, try to connect with them as it can help to manage expectations while learning from their experience. Then of course, posing questions on the forum for advice can get you alternative views too. There is only so much you can do now about what may come so breathe and take one step at a time. :)

Last edited:
Ya lo, I have lotsa of Indian Chiefs around me who "suggest" what names are good and bad. I bo chup. Ya lo, baby is yours, just don't care what others say..

Yup exactly, but i know all are well meaning, but the problem is if both set of grand parent all give their preferred name, and we might be seen to fave either one of them, worst case, if the name they suggest is not nice, then pai seh to tell them their taste is poor. ha ha.

My hubby & I choose name that is easily to prounoun and spell, for both the chinese and english words. Also avoid those name that sound like a rude words or can be easily make fun off.

Also no fortune teller for me, we dun believe plus want to save $$$, also want to decide this one our own totally.

Yup exactly, but i know all are well meaning, but the problem is if both set of grand parent all give their preferred name, and we might be seen to fave either one of them, worst case, if the name they suggest is not nice, then pai seh to tell them their taste is poor. ha ha.

My hubby & I choose name that is easily to prounoun and spell, for both the chinese and english words. Also avoid those name that sound like a rude words or can be easily make fun off.

Also no fortune teller for me, we dun believe plus want to save $$$, also want to decide this one our own totally.
Wa, both side grandparents give their ideas of preferred names ah? Usually I know the maternal grandparents do not give their ideas cos the baby is going to follow the guy's surname, so privilege is given to the paternal grandparents.

I would like to ask belly grow at/after week 20?? My wife told me recently, felt like wriggling. Yesterday 2-3 times while working. very worried as is our 1st child

Bunny. Got strict dietary to follow hence is fine right? ? We going detailed on 30 March. Glucose test is which week to do? And yar, tough journey and waiting.. did so - iui. Similar to icf too

Dr said eat brown rice, wholemeal bread, no kaya jam sugary stuff, no cakes, no noodles. Fruits is ok but no durian, mango, banana. Glucose test can do from week 24 to 28 depending. Now have to prick finger to check glucose level after meal n jot it down to show dr.

Wa, both side grandparents give their ideas of preferred names ah? Usually I know the maternal grandparents do not give their ideas cos the baby is going to follow the guy's surname, so privilege is given to the paternal grandparents.

I haven't chosen any names yet but I have few chinese character which I like :)

Dr said eat brown rice, wholemeal bread, no kaya jam sugary stuff, no cakes, no noodles. Fruits is ok but no durian, mango, banana. Glucose test can do from week 24 to 28 depending. Now have to prick finger to check glucose level after meal n jot it down to show dr.
wa, that's like very sians :( No sugary drinks also?

The probability of gestational diabetes is higher because you are carrying twins, is it?

I haven't chosen any names yet but I have few chinese character which I like :)
For your info! Couldn't copy and paste everything here, so I copied the link to our FB page.

What Chinese characters are suitable for babies born in the year of Monkey?

We have earlier discussed about the general characteristics of the monkey zodiac sign which will then provide us the fundamental knowledge to allow us to select Chinese characters that are appropriate for them. The following Chinese characters or radicals are some examples that are considered inauspicious for people born in the Monkey year:

1. 演、豹、獅、琥、獻、虛、彪、虔、號、盧、峰、卿、浪、岚

(A taboo to use radicals or characters that contain 寅,丘,山,艮,虎 which suggest the presence of tiger. In the study of Chinese Astrology, Monkey and Tiger have conflicting energies. This implies poor inter-personal relations with peers, accidents and lack of helpful people. Such type of conflict is also known to be one of the 6 clashes in the study of BaZi. )

2. 家、豪、濠、象、緣、亥、核、該、垓、孩

(Considered as a serious violation of the principle to see radicals like亥and豕as it is a punishment on Monkey from BaZi point of view. If such word exists in the middle name, it will lead to stress in marriage and relationship with peers. If it is present in the last name, it will lead to issues with personal finances, challenges in career and even strained relationship with subordinates and children.)

3. 惠、慧、蕊、思、念、想、憲、朋、膨、鵬、騰、宥、育、有、怡、情

(No good to see 心or 月radical because such words are associated with heart which is deemed as part of our flesh. Monkey only feeds on fruits. In this situation, the person having this character in their name will find that they are not able to receive help from people.)

Anyone face toothache in first trimester? Been having toothache since yesterday and I believe my wisdom tooth is giving me problems.

Unsure if I should see the dentist as I don't think I should do X ray or any major treatment Am afraid it will hurt the fetus development. Really worried now and i hope the pain goes away!!

No way... I not so nice... haha!

Our babies, we name. My FIL tried to tell us to have the baby's name start with a certain alphabet for his own personal reasons. We just kept quiet and named our baby according to what we wanted. But Chinese middle name I give face la... cos they got some 家谱they've been following through the generations or something like that.

I also at first didn't want to. Lol. But my hubby insisted so I also lazy to argue. I just tell him we give a list of names and they choose from it.

My hubby said last time his and his siblings' names all chosen by their grandparents so now let his parents have the chance to choose the name. I lazy to argue lor. Lol.

Hi everyone

Congrats on your pregnancy. I think most of us are in our 30s also.

*hugs hug* don't feel lonely. The girls here are very friendly and helpful! :)

Anyone face toothache in first trimester? Been having toothache since yesterday and I believe my wisdom tooth is giving me problems.

Unsure if I should see the dentist as I don't think I should do X ray or any major treatment Am afraid it will hurt the fetus development. Really worried now and i hope the pain goes away!!

You may want to use salt water for gargling, can draw inflammation out. U can try see if it helps

We (my wife) did so - iui. Currently at Tmc. For delivery, is it advisable/allow at kkh?? Since all us here not natural conceive. March le. Edd Aug. Should try to plan, or can wait til nearer date?

Back