Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

I can understand the feeling. I will see how it goes as I plan to seek second opinion next week.
Currenly, I'm only on duphaston and folic acid, No extra supplement.
I recieve advice to take supplement but Dr say no need.

As much as I like to stay with KKH, I didn't receieve much info about the pregnancy. I haven't hear the bb heart beat or know what is the heart rate, as their machine was only able to show me the "flickering'. I am not able to access the ultrascan measurement, except of the bb size. And the print out quality is really bad.
Any KKH mum to be have the same experience? Wonder is it because I am under subsidy scheme.
You only get to have the prenatal vitamins once you hit 12 weeks. For the 6th week scan, it will be a detailed scan to see heartbeat, limbs, fetal crown etc, followed by the more detailed scan for DS by AMC which is damn clear - you can see the nasal bone, and if lucky know the gender. I am a private patient, I reckon the procedure is the same except for the choice of docs. Stay chilled!

Ya, given I already spent ten of thousands on past attempts... Must try my best to preserve this BFP... Just that I just quit my job to focus on Ttc full time so no income now haha, so feel like can save, try to save... But of course on the basis of not compromising my preg care :)
True, the only concern is, if other support meds like duphaston /progynova /utrogestan can be the same as crinone but cheaper, I don't see why the doc insists on crinone gel unless it's for his personal interest. Check with him again on your next visit. If need be, suggest you seek 2nd opinion?

True, the only concern is, if other support meds like duphaston /progynova /utrogestan can be the same as crinone but cheaper, I don't see why the doc insists on crinone gel unless it's for his personal interest. Check with him again on your next visit. If need be, suggest you seek 2nd opinion?
Thanks for your advice! I did some research and found that vaginal inserts are the most effective, followed by progesterone shots, then oral med. I'm already on duphaston and progynova... Maybe I can opt for other (cheaper) vaginal suppositories though crinone is the easiest to administer. I also tried Utrogestan and Estrofem inserts when I was with NuH.. But the inserts are so tiny that sometimes they went "missing" inside before I could use my finger to insert all the way in...

And I realized that I had mixed up the units of my progesterone level. So actually my progesterone level is on the low side..Sigh! Think I guai guai take my med first and discuss my concerns when I see him next week!

Nope, I am doing the basic Oscar test with KKH :p

what is this additional test about? If it gives you ease of mind, close one eye and spend the 300 bucks..

Hello, i think the additional test that mummy is talking about is micro deletion, It is an optional/additional test of the panranoma test. Basically they are testing for a few more very nasty but very rare condition, please note that the accuracy level of these additional test is no where near 99%. In another words, it might give you a scare for nothing, hence many couple decide not to do it.

I can understand the feeling. I will see how it goes as I plan to seek second opinion next week.

As much as I like to stay with KKH, I didn't receieve much info about the pregnancy. I haven't hear the bb heart beat or know what is the heart rate, as their machine was only able to show me the "flickering'. I am not able to access the ultrascan measurement, except of the bb size. And the print out quality is really bad.
Any KKH mum to be have the same experience? Wonder is it because I am under subsidy scheme.

Hello, i am fairly sure it got nothing to do with your subsidy status.

Hello, i think the additional test that mummy is talking about is micro deletion, It is an optional/additional test of the panranoma test. Basically they are testing for a few more very nasty but very rare condition, please note that the accuracy level of these additional test is no where near 99%. In another words, it might give you a scare for nothing, hence many couple decide not to do it.
Hahaha, you said exactly what my DH said. We decided not to do it. Thanks!

Maybe ask hubby to take video of the screen during the scan? For all my scans till date, dr would get hubby to standby with his phone to take video then start scanning. The print out quality is not really clear esp for early pregnancy when doc enlarge the view very much. Also the scan process is over in a short moment. We are grateful that we have the video to playback anytime and can even capture screenshots from the video using the phone which are much clearer than the print outs. I'm with Dr Loh at TMC. That aside I don't see why can't video be allowed to be taken during the scans regardless of which clinic/hospital/doc?

Hello! I am with Dr Yeong CT as well and like you, just got a BFP last week. Congrats! Similarly, I am also on 4 crinone a day and find it really expensive, but I guess we don't have a choice....
Me too! With CT Yeong, BFP last week
Have a happy and safe pregnancy ladies

Maybe ask hubby to take video of the screen during the scan? For all my scans till date, dr would get hubby to standby with his phone to take video then start scanning. The print out quality is not really clear esp for early pregnancy when doc enlarge the view very much. Also the scan process is over in a short moment. We are grateful that we have the video to playback anytime and can even capture screenshots from the video using the phone which are much clearer than the print outs. I'm with Dr Loh at TMC. That aside I don't see why can't video be allowed to be taken during the scans regardless of which clinic/hospital/doc?

My hubby takes video and photos also so that we can keep and see as and when we want. I think most Dr should allow that.

I'm at week 27 and since Monday, have been having terrible constipation + backache + pelvic pain. I can hardly walk. My appetite has become so terrible also. :-/ Plus certain smells are making me nauseous again. Anybody else experienced this before?

I'm at week 27 and since Monday, have been having terrible constipation + backache + pelvic pain. I can hardly walk. My appetite has become so terrible also. :-/ Plus certain smells are making me nauseous again. Anybody else experienced this before?

I only felt tired and feet aching when I walk too long. Do U girls go for 3D scan ? Which week is most suitable to do this scan?

You only get to have the prenatal vitamins once you hit 12 weeks. For the 6th week scan, it will be a detailed scan to see heartbeat, limbs, fetal crown etc, followed by the more detailed scan for DS by AMC which is damn clear - you can see the nasal bone, and if lucky know the gender. I am a private patient, I reckon the procedure is the same except for the choice of docs. Stay chilled!

Hello, i am fairly sure it got nothing to do with your subsidy status.

I am on Kkh private scheme but at least my scan experience at AMC is similar to yours.. Going for my first scan with doc this week, hope I get a better experience..

Thanks for all the replies.
I will try to be more patient :)
I have done 6 & 8+ wks scan with AMC but so far they only show me the flickering heartbeat and bb head .. These are upon my request (I didn't know what to ask for anyway. )
Was hoping that dr will tell me more detail but he didn't even look at the scan pictures. He just read from the summary report and said "Good. Got heart beat. We will see u again".
And of all the pictures, I'm only given a blur one.
After the visit, I felt I'm so "gong gong" - I didn't know what to ask or expect. Until my sister-in-law shared her experience with kkh as private. Her Dr explained so much in her first scan/visit. I didn't even get the EDD date.

towkayneo is right... It's probably the choice of Dr which I didn't choose.
aaa111,are you on subsidy too? I have good experience with the ivf centre but not AMC and Gynae visit.
Dawnbb,thanks. Will try to do that next time.
littlejas, all the best and hope your experience will be better

Anyway, as long as bb is healthy, rest is not as important.

I have done 6 & 8+ wks scan with AMC but so far they only show me the flickering heartbeat and bb head .. These are upon my request (I didn't know what to ask for anyway. )
Was hoping that dr will tell me more detail but he didn't even look at the scan pictures. He just read from the summary report and said "Good. Got heart beat. We will see u again".
After the visit, I felt I'm so "gong gong" - I didn't know what to ask or expect. Until my sister-in-law shared her experience with kkh as private. Her Dr explained so much in her first scan/visit. I didn't even get the EDD date.

aaa111,are you on subsidy too? I have good experience with the ivf centre but not AMC and Gynae visit.

Actually it depends on which doc in KKH. Even for some private patients, if they chose Sadhana, she gives short and sweet replies too. Maybe for THH, he will explain and chat with you (if he has the time).

Actually, it's true. All you want to hear is ""bb is healthy, anymore Q? if not, you can go out now" :p

Who has trouble sleeping at night? Sleeping seems to be a hassle recently especially when it just doesnt feel comfy to sleep only on the left side. Sometimes, I do sleep on the right side, but subconsciously, will turn back to the left side and I keep having vivid dreams! Plus waking up at 3-4am to pee and drink water cos super duper thirsty.

It doesn't seem possible to sleep through the night.

Who has trouble sleeping at night? Sleeping seems to be a hassle recently especially when it just doesnt feel comfy to sleep only on the left side. Sometimes, I do sleep on the right side, but subconsciously, will turn back to the left side and I keep having vivid dreams! Plus waking up at 3-4am to pee and drink water cos super duper thirsty.

Me! I think I could sleep properly only for a few days out of the whole pregnancy so far. Now it seems that sleeping on the side is most comfy for me because sleeping on the back hurts. The vivid dreams are terrible too. And yes, the waking up to pee!

At one point when I'm about 10-11weeks, my night sleep had been affected by frequent urination and stuffy/blocked or dry nose. Despite consciously reducing water intake after 8pm, I would need to get up to pee a few times over about 1 hour after getting to bed by about 10plus pm. Only after that the urge to pee subsided then I could get to sleep. Even so I still wake up at least once in middle of night to pee then drink water coz felt thirsty. The blocked nose was really disturbing if it starts. Sometimes I would get up to walk a while which usually works. Then recently I got a humidifier and sleep with fan instead of air con which works wonders. I usually on the air con to cool the room first before turning it off, switching on fan and opening windows when I get to bed. So far still manageable. Also going into week 13, the frequent urination has eased up a bit. Overall feeling much better than before. Hope you get there soon!

Me! I think I could sleep properly only for a few days out of the whole pregnancy so far. Now it seems that sleeping on the side is most comfy for me because sleeping on the back hurts. The vivid dreams are terrible too. And yes, the waking up to pee!
Yes, the vivid dreams too! I got some weirdest dreams as well as some horrifying ones.

I have to Wakeup at least three times in the middle of night to pee. Sometimes after peeing feel like bladder not empty and the urge to pee again. Tried to drink less water but still the same.

Feel those symptoms reduce after stopping support meds..it will get better before it gets worse ! My previous one was getting up 7-8x at night to pee in 3rd trimester ..

Hello, i am a private patient at kkh. This is the first time i am using this doctor, therefore i prefer not to share his name until he has successfully help me thru the whole journey, i seldom reccommend things that i have not tried personally.

all the best

I'm thinking of gg for 3D also but yet to ask my Dr about it.

I am not 100% sure, this 3D scan is more for fun then any medical/screening purpose. Dun think it is very cheap, so good to check out whether it make your needs fully before deciding to go ahead. Just ask the nurse, she will tell you de

Recently wife have leg cramp at night while sleeping. Is it normal??? At Wk 13+ now
Means to say blood circulation is not so good, time for you as a hubby to gently massage her calves laa...

Try not to massage the soles too hard cos you don't want to trigger certain acupoints.

I don't hv constipation but my hemorrhoid came back (which make me at times feel like wanna poo ) Backache? a big YES (tt y always lay down if I got chance) and lately at night (n mostly bedtime hv Braxton hicks contraction)

I voiced out to Dr rgding the Braxton hicks contraction lately been quite regularly n he gave me medi for it. But I am someone who dun even take painkiller so just take as standby. Praise the Lord tt pass few days it lessen a lot for it do cause me anxiety lately. :)

My appetite so far so good. But weight gain for me still need to improve although Dr said baby weight is okay.

Everyone Jiayou!!!...:)

I don't hv constipation but my hemorrhoid came back (which make me at times feel like wanna poo ) Backache? a big YES (tt y always lay down if I got chance) and lately at night (n mostly bedtime hv Braxton hicks contraction)

I voiced out to Dr rgding the Braxton hicks contraction lately been quite regularly n he gave me medi for it. But I am someone who dun even take painkiller so just take as standby. Praise the Lord tt pass few days it lessen a lot for it do cause me anxiety lately. :)

My appetite so far so good. But weight gain for me still need to improve although Dr said baby weight is okay.

Everyone Jiayou!!!...:)

What med did dr gave U? Could it be those anti contraction med?

Ya sleeping at night will take me a while also as keep on trying to find the most comfy position. Furthermore am quite stubborn in wanting to sleep mostly on left side only (but I think my body prefer right side) so keep waking up at night to turn back to the left...

Managed to get the maternity pillow (the big U pillow) as it does support my aching back (n stop me from turning much)...

For supporting my bump, I use a soft blanket ( so I can fold to my comfy thickness ) for I find the big U pillow height not suitable (too thick)...

Gg toilet to pee during bed time is 3-4 times also but reduce water intake before sleep help me abit.

What med did dr gave U? Could it be those anti contraction med?

Yup those anti contraction medi which I find is abit over the top for me. I trust my gynae n I know his concern but I felt that the false contraction only happen at night n I really don't wish to take so much medi ( for my baby sake)

So meantime I monitor and will take it only if necessary.

Yup those anti contraction medi which I find is abit over the top for me. I trust my gynae n I know his concern but I felt that the false contraction only happen at night n I really don't wish to take so much medi ( for my baby sake)

So meantime I monitor and will take it only if necessary.

Ok cos I feel is impt to take to prevent any premature delivery.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post here and I am excited to say that my first IVF procedure with 1 embryo transferred has been successful and I am now 5weeks pregnant! However, the past 1 week has been quite worrying as well as I am afraid of the countless things that could happen during the first trimester. So I hope to gain some confidence and support from other mummies in this group who understands what I am experiencing.
Hi jess,

1st congrats! Very happy for you.
Just wanna check sumthing wz u...

How much for Ivf? How long it took for u to get preggy? I heard the q for Ivf is very long is it true?

woo, no wonder never hear anything from you recently. did the doc give you any meds to relieve your constipation? I had that around that period for my 1st pregnancy and it's so bad that hard shit is stuck to the entrance, refusing to pop out.

Im 30 weeks plus now. Took the train today at peak hour. But i dont expect a seat so i will usually hide my stomach with my bag or quickly stand in the middle cabin connection part whereby people cannot push me when it gets crowded. One lady with her hubby goes in and stand infront of the two corner seats. She wear a tight dress so i can see her small bump. I think its about 4 mths. The one sitting at priority is pregnant. The next to it is playing her mobile. But i could see her eyes move up looking at the lady tummy. But she quickly move her eyes back to her mobile and never looked again. I giggle to myself looking at her reaction. Its so amusing looking at people antics when they know a pregnant woman is infront but just ignore. Funny!

i have 1 Crinone 8% gel insert to give away for free. Sorry I wish I have more left

I stay in the North, PM me if you wish to swing by.

Im 30 weeks plus now. Took the train today at peak hour. But i dont expect a seat so i will usually hide my stomach with my bag or quickly stand in the middle cabin connection part whereby people cannot push me when it gets crowded. One lady with her hubby goes in and stand infront of the two corner seats. She wear a tight dress so i can see her small bump. I think its about 4 mths. The one sitting at priority is pregnant. The next to it is playing her mobile. But i could see her eyes move up looking at the lady tummy. But she quickly move her eyes back to her mobile and never looked again. I giggle to myself looking at her reaction. Its so amusing looking at people antics when they know a pregnant woman is infront but just ignore. Funny!
Haha that's interesting.

I have yet to take the trains since I'm pregnant. Had terrible experience being pushed around, and knocked by big bags when I was not pregnant then.

Actually, the pregger woman could have requested the one playing mobile phone to give up her seat. I think for Singaporeans, MOST will gladly give up the seats if you ask....

Haha that's interesting.

I have yet to take the trains since I'm pregnant. Had terrible experience being pushed around, and knocked by big bags when I was not pregnant then.
Actually it can be quite chaotic to take the trains during peak hours and yes, ppl just shove you aside with their bodies and bags. On top of that, you have to literally be on your toes cos the train may suddenly jerk :(

Ladies, did anyone experience excessive stomach wind/gas during the first trimester? My tummy cannot stop churning and releasing gas either thru butt or mouth. Is this normal?

Ladies, did anyone experience excessive stomach wind/gas during the first trimester? My tummy cannot stop churning and releasing gas either thru butt or mouth. Is this normal?
Churning I am not sure. But excessive gas is normal. Passage through the digestive tract is slowed down for nutrient absorption so results in alot of gas produced. Hahah I am a farting machine now

I'm switching out of Kkh to Benjamin Tham at tmc. Gonna do my oscar test there. Anyone got reviews? Stuff like scan machine clear or not, sonographer at tmc good or not etc..

Churning I am not sure. But excessive gas is normal. Passage through the digestive tract is slowed down for nutrient absorption so results in alot of gas produced. Hahah I am a farting machine now

im a farting and burping machine too, with lots of noises from my tummy... sighs. hope this doesn't affect bb..

Actually it can be quite chaotic to take the trains during peak hours and yes, ppl just shove you aside with their bodies and bags. On top of that, you have to literally be on your toes cos the train may suddenly jerk :(
Agree...people may not noticed you are pregnant too if you are back facing them.

I work in a University where people just assume you are a student (my honor actually despite being 30+ years old :p) and my office is in the middle of the campus, so I have to take a shuttle bus from the MRT to work daily. Pushing and squeezing with students is a daily event.

A guy once shoved me with his bare hands on my back and pushed towards another guy so that he can board the University's internal shuttle bus. I was totally insulted and too shocked to say anything. That was one of the incidents which triggered me to drive to work.

My husband is relieved that I am not taking public transport to work, at the same time, he is worried that my stomach will soon get too big to maneuver the steering wheel.

I'm switching out of Kkh to Benjamin Tham at tmc. Gonna do my oscar test there. Anyone got reviews? Stuff like scan machine clear or not, sonographer at tmc good or not etc..
My sister did her oscar at TMC. She said the sonographer who handled her was pretty rough - her baby was not in the ideal position for the scan and the sonographer shook her stomach and massaged it roughly. But luckily nothing happened to her baby. The rest of the process was okay.

Agree...people may not noticed you are pregnant too if you are back facing them.

I work in a University where people just assume you are a student (my honor actually despite being 30+ years old :p) and my office is in the middle of the campus, so I have to take a shuttle bus from the MRT to work daily. Pushing and squeezing with students is a daily event.

A guy once shoved me with his bare hands on my back and pushed towards another guy so that he can board the University's internal shuttle bus. I was totally insulted and too shocked to say anything. That was one of the incidents which triggered me to drive to work.

My husband is relieved that I am not taking public transport to work, at the same time, he is worried that my stomach will soon get too big to maneuver the steering wheel.

Stupid behavior does not only happen on trains... the other day I was shopping in a supermarket. I was wearing baggy clothes so can't really tell whether I'm pregnant. This stupid Japanese man, dragging his luggage around around, suddenly did a sharp turn and his bag swung into my path. I tripped and he didn't even apologise. I wasn't ready to let it go so I spoke out 'Excuse me, you better watch where your bag goes'. He actually, in his broken English said, 'you too'.

Oh man, at that moment, I was so prepared to blurt out all the curse words I learnt from watching anime! Pakeiro!

My sister did her oscar at TMC. She said the sonographer who handled her was pretty rough - her baby was not in the ideal position for the scan and the sonographer shook her stomach and massaged it roughly. But luckily nothing happened to her baby. The rest of the process was okay.

Hmmmm.. my monographer at KKH did the same thing for my 20 week scan but I didn't think it was abnormal. I assumed they knew what they were doing lol... and I guess they did need the baby to turn! My baby was facing towards my back, so had to move her to confirm the gender.

Though, I must say after the scan, my baby kicked and moved a lot for the next two days. My hubby was convinced that my baby was voicing out her displeasure and was traumatised by the Sonographer's proddings lol!

Back