Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

CNY is coming very soon.. Those still in our first trimester and cannot announce the good news yet, any tips on what to say when relatives ask about when you are going to have a baby? :rolleyes:

Just hope the tummy is not that obvious and no vomiting or ms by then!

No manicure and hair dye this CNY. Any other things we should not do or eat?;)

Manicure still can do ar. I still got go do pedicure n manicure except no hair dye

Hi Snow19, don't give up!! U will succeed... There's still long way to go. Jia you! If you need help in terms of improving ur pre-ivf treatment like going TCM, pls pm me :)

Thanks but i need to have ME time before i can do anything. With my boy ard hard to do anything

Wah you can eat meat... I just literally hate meat when I see the whole piece of it. Just eat what u can for now cos the cravings may change.

I started off hating chocolates and cakes, follow by meat later on... Now I can accept chocolate milk or milo but not pure choc or spongy cakes...

Mine changed for 5 mins before reverting back to the 1001 aversions. Lol. One of the things I can't take is garlic but last week, I had this mad craving for mcdonalds fries with chilli sauce. I rushed to the nearest Mcdonalds, got my fries and ate it at my desk in the office. First time ever I ate 1 packet of fries with 7 packets of garlic chili sauce. After that, I wanted to vomit cos I can smell the garlic. I felt like some kind of vampire or werewolf.. out of control.. driven by craving.

CNY is coming very soon.. Those still in our first trimester and cannot announce the good news yet, any tips on what to say when relatives ask about when you are going to have a baby? :rolleyes:

Can just smile or say wait on the way.

Since your baby is on the way, can smile and tell them you guys are trying and hoping for the best.

But the aunties and uncles are quite sharp. From what you do and what you eat, most of them can guess one... haha...

Who went to the baby fair and mothercare fair?? I bought so many things but my mom told me I shouldn't be buying so early since still have 21 weeks to go LOL

Left side is the best. Did you get a pregnancy pillow? So far I've been using mine and it helps. I will sleep on my back also but I'll put the right side of my pregnancy pillow under me so I'm leaning twds the left. Also, when you switch sides, do it slowly.

I didn't get one. Still contemplating but will look into it soon before it doesn't get cost efficient anymore the longer I drag and not getting it! Haha

Hi mummies here, I went for the scan on Tuesday w Dr Loh, found 2 sacs & saw 2 flickering heartbeats :)

But I can't help worrying over every little incident, for one, I don't have MS, just nausea & I can't take e smell of pork & fish...

Congrats ! Another twinsy mummy2B! My MS only started like 8 or 9 weeks onwards. Sometimes I feel perfectly normal but like 2 days later it comes back. Anyway don't worry too much ok. Everything will be fine

Strangely, even though I'm now in 2nd tri, when people ask if I have kids, I end up dunno how to answer them. Happened that day I was wearing a loose fitting dress so my bump isn't in their face kind, and someone asked me. I ended up 'ermmmm, ahhhhh, errrr' and say not yet. :mad: Maybe I'm too used to saying not yet than saying 'yes, I'm pregnant!'

I guess you just gota play by ear cause seems that pregnant ladies has some radar that some people tends to have some 6th sense and gut feel that you are indeed pregnant!

Who went to the baby fair and mothercare fair?? I bought so many things but my mom told me I shouldn't be buying so early since still have 21 weeks to go LOL

I went to the baby fair at expo but didn't buy anything yet. More like look see research only mostly on the pram, car seat and also understand more on the cord blood & cord lining thingy.

Just to check, anyone signed up for the cord blood and/or cord lining already ?

I went to the baby fair at expo but didn't buy anything yet. More like look see research only mostly on the pram, car seat and also understand more on the cord blood & cord lining thingy.

I bought cord life for my 1st. Not sure whether to buy for nos.2. Or invest in their insurance better

I talked about it with my hubby... we decided to donate to the public blood cord bank instead. Hubby says that he was blessed with a little one, and he wants our little one to return the favour to humanity with the very first act of his life (besides crying, that is) :)

Mine changed for 5 mins before reverting back to the 1001 aversions. Lol. One of the things I can't take is garlic but last week, I had this mad craving for mcdonalds fries with chilli sauce. I rushed to the nearest Mcdonalds, got my fries and ate it at my desk in the office. First time ever I ate 1 packet of fries with 7 packets of garlic chili sauce. After that, I wanted to vomit cos I can smell the garlic. I felt like some kind of vampire or werewolf.. out of control.. driven by craving.
Ya! I feel you! Like suddenly you crave something so damn badly and you start to binge on it & when the craving is satisfied, you want to puke everything out cos the aftertaste lingers in the mouth. I have that feeling too!

I talked about it with my hubby... we decided to donate to the public blood cord bank instead. Hubby says that he was blessed with a little one, and he wants our little one to return the favour to humanity with the very first act of his life (besides crying, that is) :)
That's great! I bought Cordlife for my first born cos of hearsay that it's good blah blah blah. I was impressed by the sales talk and I was given a kit of sterile bottles and bags after I signed up. Supposed to call cordlife after I delivered so that they would send somebody down to collect. After I signed up, I did more research and I regretted. Reasons being:

- the cord blood taken from kid A cannot be used on kid A himself in the event if he needs it because it belongs to himself. Instead his siblings are more suited to use it.
- *touchwood* in the event if kid A kenna the illnesses as listed by cordlife, what happens if the treatment doesn't call for cord blood. So far the most serious case calls for chemotherapy. Have not heard of using cord blood as part of the treatment (maybe I am sua ku)
- in the event if kid A's cord blood is found to be tainted during collection, you are given a choice to discard or preserve it. Even if you choose to discard it, you still have to pay about $1K in admin fees

some people tends to have some 6th sense and gut feel that you are indeed pregnant!
Me me! I can see who is preggers by observation. Usually when they start to drink hot water instead of Chinese tea/ocha at meals, when they start to wear loose fitting clothing especially at the tummy area, when the hubbies start to help them carry their bags, shopping bags & they have the secretive look! Hahaha

Hey! No need to buy one shot at one go cos mummy fairs are always on-going and if you go there several times, you see the same brands, same stuff again and again

Me me! I can see who is preggers by observation. Usually when they start to drink hot water instead of Chinese tea/ocha at meals, when they start to wear loose fitting clothing especially at the tummy area, when the hubbies start to help them carry their bags, shopping bags & they have the secretive look! Hahaha

Haha I suppose TTC girls are more observant and sensitive when come to this.

Mummies having twins do U buy two cot or just one? If two do U place them together or one in your bedroom and the other in another room with the confinement lady or helper. Thanks.

Mummies having twins do U buy two cot or just one? If two do U place them together or one in your bedroom and the other in another room with the confinement lady or helper. Thanks.

Hmm my DH & I feel that the whole point of having twins is to have a companion. So gonna get 1 & place them together... As for the placement, it's a little too far ahead for me, haven't considered that!

Hmm my DH & I feel that the whole point of having twins is to have a companion. So gonna get 1 & place them together... As for the placement, it's a little too far ahead for me, haven't considered that!

When they are infant yes can place together but when grow bigger might have space constraint cos they can move about n hit each other. My fren told me if one cry may affect the other so have to consider if to put them together. Or if one sick would not want to spread to another.
I have space issue at home sigh.

When they are infant yes can place together but when grow bigger might have space constraint cos they can move about n hit each other. My fren told me if one cry may affect the other so have to consider if to put them together. Or if one sick would not want to spread to another.
I have space issue at home sigh.
Don't fret, it's a HAPPY problem! This can be settled :) those living in HDB (like me) also have space constraint. What to do!

me mee meeee! I went to both and bought some things too. Actually I'm also confused as to when to buy. Some ppl tell me I'm already running out of time to buy and some say it's too early. In the end, I decided to buy what I want whenever I want.

Btw, for clothes, look out for Ralph Lauren, Carters, Gap, Old Navy etc clothes online.. when they have sales, it's much cheaper! :) I find the clothes for boys nicer online than the ones we have in Sg.

It's too early for me.. But what are the necessities to buy? Hehe first time mummy here.. Is there a need to buy x2 of everything if having twins?? :rolleyes:

That's great! I bought Cordlife for my first born cos of hearsay that it's good blah blah blah. I was impressed by the sales talk and I was given a kit of sterile bottles and bags after I signed up. Supposed to call cordlife after I delivered so that they would send somebody down to collect. After I signed up, I did more research and I regretted. Reasons being:

- the cord blood taken from kid A cannot be used on kid A himself in the event if he needs it because it belongs to himself. Instead his siblings are more suited to use it.
- *touchwood* in the event if kid A kenna the illnesses as listed by cordlife, what happens if the treatment doesn't call for cord blood. So far the most serious case calls for chemotherapy. Have not heard of using cord blood as part of the treatment (maybe I am sua ku)
- in the event if kid A's cord blood is found to be tainted during collection, you are given a choice to discard or preserve it. Even if you choose to discard it, you still have to pay about $1K in admin fees
Ya.... that's also part of the reason why we decided no point being selfish keeping the cord blood to ourselves. Just share.

me mee meeee! I went to both and bought some things too. Actually I'm also confused as to when to buy. Some ppl tell me I'm already running out of time to buy and some say it's too early. In the end, I decided to buy what I want whenever I want.

Btw, for clothes, look out for Ralph Lauren, Carters, Gap, Old Navy etc clothes online.. when they have sales, it's much cheaper! :) I find the clothes for boys nicer online than the ones we have in Sg.

Heh heh heh ....you'll never run out of time as long as you can still walk, and your wallet is still full ;) Even if you can't walk, there's always the click of the finger :p

I waiting for my 20 week scan before I start my massive shopping :D

Hello, checking.
Anyone has this sciatica ? My right butt cheek suffers whenever I walk/stand/sit too long and it turns numb at times...

It's too early for me.. But what are the necessities to buy? Hehe first time mummy here.. Is there a need to buy x2 of everything if having twins?? :rolleyes:

Yes double dose diaper, car seat, stroller n bb clothes and swaddle. Clothes and bottles need to buy more cos U have two and babies change many clothes.

Towkayneo, I very luan now. I tot the blood cord u keep is for the kid itself so that *touchwood* anything happens, the kid don't have to find a matching doner from the cord bank. Then if *touchwood* in case siblings needs it then they can use also. Or it doesn't work this way ah?

But yeah, it's mostly clinical trials with like 19 proven cases so far. Not sure if it's really that effective not. It's like buying insurance ba. Anyway thanks for everyone's input. Maybe I go ask my gyne his opinion when I see him on my next visit.

Last edited:

Initially my hubby also says buy 1 cot and both sleep together but after some thoughts and advised from family & friends, most likely we getting 2 separate cots & put them side by side in the same room at least for the confinement period first. After that maybe 1 in our bedroom & the other with the helper. Twins are afterall 2 separate individuals with different characteristics. They don't sleep, drink or poop at the same time. So yes, 1 may end up disturbing the other. Besides I'm a FTWM so doubt I can handle 2 babies at night & having to work the next day. And of cox if one of them is sick, must quarantine them. Anyway that's the plan for now. Gotta trial & error and play by ear by then lor.

Yes double dose diaper, car seat, stroller n bb clothes and swaddle. Clothes and bottles need to buy more cos U have two and babies change many clothes.

Oh yes!! Everything x2! Just gotten their insurance policy also x2! But come to think of it, we still save on hospital delivery fees & cost of engaging a CL since the rate is x1.5! Hehe
Anyway if there're pass downs from relatives & friends and you don't mind, can take from them. Can save a fair bit.

Heh heh heh ....you'll never run out of time as long as you can still walk, and your wallet is still full ;) Even if you can't walk, there's always the click of the finger :p

I waiting for my 20 week scan before I start my massive shopping :D

When's your detailed scan littlemonkies?

Towkayneo, I very luan now. I tot the blood cord u keep is for the kid itself so that *touchwood* anything happens, the kid don't have to find a matching doner from the cord bank. Then if *touchwood* in case siblings needs it then they can use also. Or it doesn't work this way ah?

But yeah, it's mostly clinical trials with like 19 proven cases so far. Not sure if it's really that effective not. It's like buying insurance ba. Anyway thanks for everyone's input. Maybe I go ask my gyne his opinion when I see him on my next visit.
Yo girl, from the source: http://www.scbb.com.sg/donate/faq/Pages/Home.aspx#onetwo
Research has shown that there is an extremely low probability that the donor should ever need or benefit from his/her own cord blood unit. Transplant Physicians may not feel that the patient’s own cord blood unit is the best choice as it may already carry the genetic abnormality that led to the blood disorder or immune system failure.

Ya.... that's also part of the reason why we decided no point being selfish keeping the cord blood to ourselves. Just share.
It's not about just keeping the cord blood to ourselves. It's about paying them to be a cord blood bank for their own profits! People has the impression that it's like insurance. You buy hoping that you won't Kenna. But if sway sway kenna, at least you know the policy is for yourself. This is different. This is like you buy Liao, if sway sway Kenna, you might not even get to use it!

Initially my hubby also says buy 1 cot and both sleep together but after some thoughts and advised from family & friends, most likely we getting 2 separate cots & put them side by side in the same room at least for the confinement period first. After that maybe 1 in our bedroom & the other with the helper. Twins are afterall 2 separate individuals with different characteristics. They don't sleep, drink or poop at the same time. So yes, 1 may end up disturbing the other. Besides I'm a FTWM so doubt I can handle 2 babies at night & having to work the next day. And of cox if one of them is sick, must quarantine them. Anyway that's the plan for now. Gotta trial & error and play by ear by then lor.

I am thinking whether I should immediately get two cot or just one first and two months later then get another. N i analyse too much if helper sleep with baby usually don't on Aircon right. Then the other baby sleep with me will have Aircon haha.

Just to share i continued going to work taking MRT and walking until 29 weeks then I took hosp leave. Thank god everything goes well. Just monitor your own body and if need to, just get some rest, MC or HL.

As for TCM, I went to get herbs every 2 weeks to boost up my twinnie's growth as I wanted them to grow well. It's all An Tai Yao. And with that I managed to let both of them hit 2.5kg and 2.4kg when they are born at 37 weeks.

To me I feel that TCM is good; as I was v worried about them not gaining enough weight / not growing well and may be in NICU with all the expenses - that was my worry too. I went to the Chinatown Dr Tan Siew Buoy - she sees all the preggy mummies and those TTC.

Hope this helps.

I recommend Philips Avent Dual Automatic Pump, I have 3 babies all breastfed. Tried Medela but still find Philips Avent is the best due to the soft rubber pad that able to stimulate breast milk production gently.
I was using that too, but single automatic pump. You are right, it's very gentle and you can tune the speed. The only downside is it can be abit noisy.

I am thinking whether I should immediately get two cot or just one first and two months later then get another. N i analyse too much if helper sleep with baby usually don't on Aircon right. Then the other baby sleep with me will have Aircon haha.
wa, same birthdate but different treatment :p

Back