WTA: Enfalac & Enfapro

beezewax

Hi
I'm just wondering Enfalac stated it's for NB-12mths and Enfapro stated it's for 6mths-12mths.When can we change to Enfapro?At 6mths or can continue with Enfalac til 12mths?Many thanks in advance.

Hi beezewax
I have the same question as you earlier
happy.gif

Different stages of formula milk like enfalac & enfapro contains some different kind of nutrients that cater to different needs at different stages. According to my PD, its better to change to enfapro after 6 mths, tho it is still ok to carry on using enfalac.

I did asked my PD as well if gradual switching of milk powder is neccessary since they are of the same brand but different stages.. she says its alright to switch directly. However, a fren told mi gradual switching is still necessary to avoid diarrhae in case the bb cannot take it..... well........

Hi soudez
Many thanks! Anyway, the Mead Johnson staff called me up today.Hmm..Wondering if they can listen to me.hehe.Took the chance to ask them dis query.

She said that Enfapro is higher in protein & carbohydrates.If bb is fussy bout food during weaning,bb shld take Enfapro due to the nutrients.But if bb is fine with the food and not fussy, can continue with Enfalac.. Hmmm.. I'm thinking of changing to Enfapro when my bb is 7 or 8mths..
happy.gif

Hi beezewax

My intention was oso to change to enfapro ard 7 to 8mths too.. haha... but my initial thots was because Enfalac has higher DHA/AHA then enfapro, and since Enfalac can drink till 12mths, so i'll change in between the 6-12mths period :p... din know abt the weaning facts that Mead Johnson staff mention tho... hehe

btw, juz wondering.. how come Mead Johnson staff will contact you leh?

Hi
happy.gif

No idea why they contact me.I think it's because I join their membership.Was given this leaflet by my gynae & sign up for free.The lady asked me what milk I drank during my pregnancy and what milk my baby is drinking.As my baby is drinking Enfalac, she's gonna mail me some info on weaning stuff..Can't really concentrate on what she's talking as my daughter was crying..haha..

Are you Mead Johnson member?If yes, I think you can request for some pamphlets.Hope to update here once i received the mails from them
happy.gif

Hi Beezewax
Oic... i'm not their member... Maybe i should join...haha

How many months is your daughter now? mine at 4+mths now...

mine on 18 Oct. hehe
happy.gif

wow, your girl very fast! my girl needs a little help in order to flip over. she still cant adjust her inner shoulder..

happy.gif
hi mummy... my bb is a boy.. born 27th oct.. nw cn already crawl.. at 3 month he starts turning.. b4 he reaches 4mth, he cn already turn.. kids nowadays r super fast..

my girl suceessfully flip over only at 4.5mths. now couldn't crawl yet... she can make only 360 degrees turn, move backwards, move forward.. but not on fours yet.. she can sits unsupported for a few seconds.. and loves to stand (with support of cos)!

beezewax,
did you realised that recently prices of enfalac & enfapro had all increased! my hb found a shop at AMK which is still selling b4 the price increased and grab all the tins they have to stock up! How about ur side?

my bb also drinking enfalac... but i notice he have phlegm but its nt coming out.. is it bcause of t milk? cause my elder 2 drink similac.. im breastfeeding my bb n also gave him formula milk so he cn sleep longer.. im worry abt his phlegm..

Mine has been drinking enfalac since birth. So far so good...
however, juz over the weekends, she seems to cough a little... still monitoring if its really cough/phlegm...

soudez
Yes!the price increased!Previously,bought at 35.50, then 36, now 37.All bought at a medical hall.NTUC increases the $ by almost $5!Faint!

aneesa
my bb drinks enfalac since birth..nt sure if it's becos of the milk but she does hv this phlegm sound.No phlegm came out bt juz the sound.Was very worried.Went PD but she said it's ok.But in 3rd mth onwrds, no more that phlegm sound..hmmm

sousdezne and beezewax: where are the places still selling enfalac at $30odd ? cos ntuc is selling it at close to $42 now

hi ive gt an open tin.. change my bb milk to S26 cause whn he drinks enfalac, he has phlegm.. i only use 12scoops.. willing to sell at $25.. pls sms me at 96483949.. its jus sitting in the cupboard.. i rather sell it off.. bought 3 wks ago..

Hi all

how's your bb stool after drinking enfalac / enfapro?

My bb having soft / watery stool, now drinking isomil 2 as advised by PD.

My baby's stool is still ok... not watery at all...

btw, just to share... a good place to buy enfapro now... WATSONS!! they are selling it at $35.90 per tin while NTUC sells it at $38.80.
If you have POSB everday card, additional 3% rebate = $34.82 per tin! i have ordered 12 tins from Watsons... :p

HI,

I'm thinking of giving my baby Enfalac A+ too. My baby just turned 2 months old. Is it ok for such a young baby? it says for infants below 12 months.

Hi,

Need advise in preparation of enfalac.
I use 60 ml room temp water + 30 ml hot water + 3 scoops of powder. Always find lumps of powder remaining after feeds. If shake very hard will create too much bubbles....

Hi Ashlegih. My guess is you are using standard neck bottles? Try shaking it mid way thru your feed. Shake it like how you shake nail polish, rubbing back and forth between palms. I find the powder dissolves better in a wide neck bottle (more space to shake).

Hi Donroxx,
thks for ur advise. I will try your suggestion. I have tried the Cocktail-shake, Up-down shake, Red Wine Swirling... none worked.
I am using Avent bottles.

BB has been on Enfa series since birth. He is 14+ months now. and drinking Enfagrow. So far so good.

may i know if you give exact amt of water to match the number of scoop. example, now my bb gal is taking 4 scoop of milk powder with 120ml water. but after mixing them, the amt went up to 140ml. so does it means she's taking 120ml or 140ml? do u mummies give lesser milk powder to the water to prevent milk too heaty?

I have few cans of enfagrow which bought from Malaysia (1.7kg) and willing to sell it at $45 as my girl not taking enfagrow anymore. Anyone interest to buy?

better check the expiry date for items sold in sheng siong.

also check whether the packaging is old or new due to the selling price @ $40.65

I have 3 tins of unopened Enfagrow (1700g) bought from Malaysia. Their expiry date is 9th May 2013. My daughter has been having diarrhea after drinking it. I am willing to let go for SGD 55 each. Anyone interested to buy?

Hi Senior mummies,

My boy is having diarrhea after having enfragrow . now he is 6 months only and i thought time to change to stage 2 enfrapro as he is drinking enfalac since day 1 .
I am wondering why he cant drink enfragrow.
Forward

Back