Will you quit?

fion40

I have been working for this lady boss for a year over. In the beginning, she was very nice but soon she treat me badly. She ask me why I was so fat before. She called me stupid before and once there was a discussion with a asst mgr, a senior exec n me (exec) but she just " excuse me, (my name), think you shouldnt be here" (unpleasure tone). Work wise, kept asking me to do those unrelated stuff (eg: order food for her). She also knows how to act, tell me she let me try n gv me exposure but real stuff is everything I got to listen to my senior... I hv been enduring and wish to tender but kept pulling back as I dont wish to sacrific my bonus. If you were me, wat will u do?

Last edited:

7 months is more than half a year. You endured 5 months and need 7 more months. It's not really worth it unless the bonus is fat.

I have been working for this lady boss for a year over. In the beginning, she was very nice but soon she treat me badly. She ask me why I was so fat before. She called me stupid before and once there was a discussion with a asst mgr, a senior exec n me (exec) but she just " excuse me, (my name), think you shouldnt be here" (unpleasure tone). Work wise, kept asking me to do those unrelated stuff (eg: order food for her). She also knows how to act, tell me she let me try n gv me exposure but real stuff is everything I got to listen to my senior... I hv been enduring and wish to tender but kept pulling back as I dont wish to sacrific my bonus. If you were me, wat will u do?

I will look for a job and once i have secured the position. I will tender my resignation. Meanwhile, i will loathe around waiting for my paycheck. My boss isnt appreciating me, i doubt i will slog my life for him.

If my boss call me stupid I think I will quit the very week. Really. I have faced environments where the boss ignored me because not happy with my work or always gang up with colleagues against me. I almost immediately quit. Too stressful to tahan. And ultimately the problem is the boss is bad boss not that I'm a bad worker!

Your boss obviously has no EQ despite the high education. No one deserves to be called that or make fun of. If I am not financially tight, I will quit. No need to stay around and get more insult and to be ridiculed. She doesn't deserve you as a staff.

Thanks all. I know I wont be continuing this job as I know there will not be any prospect for me. Quite sad but cant imagine having to budget here n there if I quit now. N really not willing to give up my bonus and let her win (Guess she wants me to go without my bonus). Guess I will endure till my bonus comes out...

A friend of mine endured a solid year of fault findings from his boss over the bonus. The bonus is per annum wages of an average worker. An average worker earns one thousand five hundred dollars a month. After he received his bonus a year later, no more fault findings I guess. :D

Since you are so assured that you will receive the bonus and if the amount justifies it, why not?

Old job $2000 a month + aws + 2 months bonus + very unhappy = $30,000
New job $2500 a month + aws + no bonus = $32,500

New job sounds justifiable in the longer term? :)

I will continue and endure to work until I find a good company, boss and colleague . Beside that, I will also build a ground for my future income in case my permanent job insecure, no flexibility and etc. it is good to think of backup plan on our earlier stage.

Anyone keen, may Pm me. Good start and opportunity without investing a capital.

Back