Will spicy food affect my pregnancy

Hi mummies, I am a spicy food lover. Just wondering will spicy food affect my baby during my my pregnancy?
Dear Susandra, when I was pregnant, I ate loads of spicy food :-D and baby boy turned out ok (he was born in last February). I think if you are used to it, its ok. I toned down a bit though, coz normally I eat spicy food like until all hell break lose in the toilet . When is your due date? :)

I ate quite a lot of spicy food during my two pregnancies as my husband isn't ethnic Chinese. Both kids are okie but just make sure to tone down if feeling uncomfortable after taking the spicy food. Take care :)

Nope, just that some people may feel uncomfortable and get heartburn more easily after eating spicy food during pregancy.

Dear Susandra, when I was pregnant, I ate loads of spicy food :-D and baby boy turned out ok (he was born in last February). I think if you are used to it, its ok. I toned down a bit though, coz normally I eat spicy food like until all hell break lose in the toilet . When is your due date? :)

My due date is on Mid of Nov.
but was hearing from many old people saying that it will harm baby brain development

Yeah, many old people told me that if I keep eating spicy food, my baby's eyes might stay closed after he was born. But I also ask around some friends and they said they kept eating spicy food just like they normally do. When I was pregnant, eating spicy food is the only thing that prevent me from vomiting hahaha..

I ate very spicy food during my 2 pregnancy. In fact I *LEVELLED * up when I'm pregnant, like taking 5-6 strands of chilli padi for every meal. Weird is that I dun feel spicy at all just super craved for hot spicy food.

Spicy foods are safe to eat during pregnancy. But you have to be careful if you have heartburn problem. spicy foods can aggravate it.

Back