fionkch

FAQ: BABYWEARING / BABY CARRIERS
by BABY CARRIERS RENTAL SG

Which Baby Carrier is Best for me?

There is no BEST carrier for everyone. Everyone has a different body build with different needs and expectations of carriers. Only upon trying out will you know which is best for you and baby.

Should I try carriers before buying?
Definitely! It is advisable to try it out first before buying so as to get a feel of the carrier you are eyeing on and understand whether the carrier fits your expectations.

Is trying on the spot accurate?
Yes and no. Yes because you can roughly get an idea of whether the structure of carrier is what you are looking for. No because baby may fuss on the spot and leave you wondering whether baby really suit the carrier you have chosen. Most of the times baby fuss due to fear (first time in a carrier) and discomfort (diapers not changed, warm weather or incorrect sitting position) rather than a direct answer to you that they are rejecting the carrier.

Should I rent to try for a week or two?
It is your choice whether to rent or to take a risk and see whether baby fits well and wearer is comfortable. Benefits of renting includes the reduction of chance having a white elephants at home and increasing the confidence of wearer as teaching will be provided.

Are carriers that are rented clean for use?
Yes. Hygiene of carriers are maintained after every rent and that is also why we need 2-3 days of in-between rent times to let it fully dry before handing over to the next rentee.

Where can I rent?
Rental of carrier is available at BABY CARRIERS RENTAL SG at www.facebook.com/babycarriersrentalsg and it is located at Tiong Bahru (near MRT).

Is there a variety?
Yes, there is a variety to choose from. Wraps, Ring Sling and Soft Structured Carriers, ranging from canvas to mesh to full wrap converted carriers. Infant-friendly carriers and even carriers suitable for toddlers are available.

What are the brands available so far?
Ergobaby (360, Adapt), standard Tula (canvas, mesh), Toddler Tula (canvas), Lillebaby (All Seasons, Airflow), Chimparoo (Trek, Air-O-Sling), Babyroo (babysize), Kinderpack (infant, standard), Kokadi, Emeibaby (half WC, full WC), Madame Goo Goo (mesh), Beco Gemini, Boba 4G, Lennylamb, i-angel hipseat, Hana wrap, K'Tan wrap (Active, Breeze), Didy wrap, JMPBB wrap. * If you want to try a brand not listed? Ask us in message. *

I am confused, there are too many options. Can you help?
Rest assured our staff will guide you in the private message with you to narrow down the choices according to your needs.

I cannot come down for fitting, can I opt for courier?
Yes, courier can be arranged right to your doorstep and it will be charged accordingly.

If I opt for courier, how would I know if I wore my child correctly?
Normally, if the carrier you chose has an official video link, it will be sent via private message. Otherwise, if you are unsure, you can seek advise by taking a photo of how you wear and private message at the page.

Are there ways to learn other than renting?
Yes, BABYWEARING WORKSHOPS will be conducted once a month or alternate months depending on schedule of certified babywearing consultant from Warabee (https://www.facebook.com/WarabeeHS). Workshops include teachings on Ring Sling, Wrapping and introduction of different Soft Structured Carriers (SSCs) in the market. Practical hands on session is included during the workshop. We encourage daddies to bond with their babies through babywearing too. The entire session may take 1.5 to 2 hours. Follow our facebook page for the next workshop update.

I have more questions, who can I approach?
Feel free to privately message www.facebook.com/babycarriersrentalsg and your needs will be attended to.

*** Feel free to join our giveaway & be rewarded with free gifts just for your babies ***
*** Rest assured the owner is a mum of 3 herself and totally understand your motherhood journey ***

Your Comfort is our Pleasure,
Baby Carriers Rental SG

Back